Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-19-2015, 05:17 AM   #271
Alcestis
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/148.2/145 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD / IE
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Sethsmummy. It's great to see you enjoying the JUDDD journey. Trust the process - it's amazing what IF shows us about ourselves and our bodies. I've found JUDDD to be the most peaceful, sustainable, forgiving WOE I've ever tried.

On a side note, I love Cardiff! I live in Connecticut now, but lived in Swansea for 7 years in the '90s, and I still miss South Wales more than anywhere in the world.
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2015, 05:28 AM   #272
totah
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: totah
No one answered me��
totah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:03 AM   #273
KeirasMom
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/156.8/155
WOE: Back to JUDDD 1/5/15
Quote:
Originally Posted by totah View Post
another thing...when I tried to count my calories in ud and dd there was also Restriction to choose from it...what does that mean? 20% or 25% ??
I need help
Quote:
No one answered me��
Patience, grasshopper. Sometimes it takes a while for people to have the time to read and answer everything.

The restriction levels are differing amounts of calories you can choose. 20-35% should still garner losses. 40-50% are maintenance rotation calories, IIRC.

For fastest loss, choose 20%. If that's too low for you, you can go up to any off the other WLM calories. Or you can give yourself a range. Shoot for 20%, but if you're having a particularly hungry DD, go up to the next level. Then it's not a "blown" DD.

When starting out, just use 500 calories at first until you're used to rotations. Then you can lower to your calculated amounts. Some continue to lose just fine at 500 calorie DDs and never have to lower them. Some feel great at 20%. It's individual, and Dr. Johnson accounted for that on the calculator. Isn't that awesome?!

Once you've done it a while, you may find you're perfectly comfortable going even LOWER than your 20%, or even fasting completely on DDs. Good luck!

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:04 AM   #274
totah
Junior LCF Member

Thank u soooo much KeirasMom for ur reply
And excuse mu impatience ....it's just that i was excited to star it....yesterday was my UD and it was really hard for me to hit the calories goal 1706 :/ i usually don't eat that much unless it's fast food...anyway today my DD i started with 3 dates...and just now i finished my b&j sandwich...and i hope i'll stop eating till the next day...all in all everything is just great...love it soo far
Old 01-19-2015, 12:41 PM   #275
Sethsmummy
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sethsmummy
Stats: 205/196.6/140
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 13 January 2015
Thanks Alcestis!
Nice to meet a South Wales appreciater! I'm originally from the east of England but moved to cardiff to study and loved it so much I stayed! I love it here, it's such a beautiful place and with such friendly people x
Sethsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:09 PM   #276
Eieio
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 160/146/140
WOE: IF goal is to JUDDD
Start Date: Nov 29 15
Sethsmum

U have great determination.
Keep it up and WELCOME here
Terri
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:57 AM   #277
Alcestis
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethsmummy View Post
Thanks Alcestis!
Nice to meet a South Wales appreciater! I'm originally from the east of England but moved to cardiff to study and loved it so much I stayed! I love it here, it's such a beautiful place and with such friendly people x
I did the same thing: went to Swansea uni and couldn't bear to leave...until I did, obviously, but that's another story! Give my love to South Glamorgan
Old 01-22-2015, 05:35 PM   #278
wyndee
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: wyndee
Stats: recommitted beginning 12/15/14
WOE: juddd
Start Date: February 19, 2003
Hello, I've been trying out Judd for the last week and reading everything I can about Judd and alternate day fasting, so I thought its time to say hello! My name is Pamela and I live in ny. I've been away from low carb far too long but I'm back as of December 15. I don't have a scale but I may get one now; I'm going by my pants size lol

I guessed my weight at 160, the calc gave me 340 - 1720 approximately. My first DD was Monday. I am happy to be here and am addicted to reading everything I can about this woe!
wyndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:30 PM   #279
Eieio
Major LCF Poster!

I love the ADF.
A few years of juddding off and on, I must say the low dd's don't have to be that low. You will probably want to shoot for 500 cal, at the least for a while until u can get a handle on it. It isn't easy. For me I would lose at 500-700 calories. Just saying
You can do this!
This "woe" way of eating is a life change. It's a practice if you will.
You will have good days and think wow this ain't so hard then you will have a day and you will think holly Molly this is rough. Just keep trying!
Terri
Old 01-24-2015, 05:44 AM   #280
Alcestis
Major LCF Poster!

Old 01-24-2015, 09:00 AM   #281
wyndee
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcomes! My 3 dds this week were all under 300 calories bout my uds have been through the roof at 2000 + so maybe I should up the DD calories to 500? I seem to have no problem with the downs but apparently need to get a grip on my UPS....im a very all or nothing person can you tell?

So far today I'm at over 1000 but I love my coconut oil coffee and was really craving a grilled chicken salad with blue cheese dressing...i am hoping to get this all under control soon!
Old 01-24-2015, 09:59 AM   #282
Eieio
Major LCF Poster!

WOW

You sound like a normal human (being spelling )
Dressings always bite you with calories. I m weird I drop the dressing most times, use tomatoes for juiciness.
Keep focused
Good job Wyndee
Terri
Old 01-24-2015, 11:56 AM   #283
LoCarbGal

Gallery: LoCarbGal
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
totah!

Sethsmummy!

wyndee!

JUDDD is such a great alternative to constant dieting and restriction. I hope you'll all keep posting on all the great threads and ask all the questions you want!!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Part 2
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 01:35 PM   #284
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/100-108
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtl1972 View Post
Hello I'm another one that's coming over from LCHF. I just started JUDDD on Monday and this is my 2nd DD. I started LCHF on 9/1/14 @170 and lost 30lbs and am currently @140lbs. ...I have a harder time with the UD.
...The best part? I can have lots of fruit!!!!
and congratulations on your losses to date. Fruit really is magical if you've been restricting your consumption of it for a while, isn't it?

Lots of people have initial problems making their calories on an UD but it tends to resolve over time as people learn what they're comfortable eating.

I'm pleased that you're finding the DDs straightforward.

Quote:
So i want to try Juddd again...i dunno why but i have a feeling that it will work for me...the first time i couldn't last a week...i know i didn't give it a chance...but still i want to try it..
Sometimes, JUDDD just doesn't take on the first few attempts but we've seen several rebooters succeed on second or subsequent attempts and they've made their goal *raises hand*. Sometimes, you just have a sense that something will work for you once you've worked out the wrinkles and established what has worked for you. Good Luck!

Feb. 2016 A DXA scan shows very low muscle mass (sarcopenia). I currently have a lot of physiotherapy. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 01:55 PM   #285
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethsmummy View Post
I saw a documentary a few years ago about IF and thought at the time the science sounded fascinating...Anyway a week ago I saw a tv programme that put groups of dieters onto different diets depending on what was perceived to be their eating type....Anyway I weighed myself this morning at the beginning of a down day, expecting a gain and I'm actually 4lbs down! Yay! I can see this working well for me..I'm really looking forward to the rest of my juddd journey!
Hello there - I think you're talking about Michael Mosley's documentary, Eat, Fast, Live Longer. And, more recently, the Horizon 3-parter which recommended fasting for people who were categorised as Constant Cravers.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=865083

I hope that you continue to enjoy your experience of JUDDD and will follow your progress with interest.

Feb. 2016 A DXA scan shows very low muscle mass (sarcopenia). I currently have a lot of physiotherapy. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:16 AM   #286
totah
Junior LCF Member

Thank u LowCarbGal and SlowSure for your kind words...really appreciate it..i'll keep u updated and i'll weigh myself at the end of this week...hoping for good result
My main problem is at work...i tend to eat a lot at work...and i just don't know what should i eat to control my appetite
Old 01-25-2015, 10:19 PM   #287
seaofsand
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: seaofsand
Stats: 236/212/135
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: April 2014
Well, I'm not exactly new here, but I'm back.

I tried JUDDD a little over two years ago for about a month. I got out of control around the holidays and never restarted. For the last few months, I've been LC again and have lost some weight, but it's just not coming off the way I want. I think I still have a bad tendency to overeat, even when I'm LC, and I think my metabolism is shot on top of that. I remember that JUDDD did help with my overeating. I felt more satisfied on my UDs and, though I did struggle sometimes on my DDs, I got through it. I think it reined in my appetite a bit, and I lost a few pounds during the few weeks I was on the plan. As I get older, I'm also having more problems with inflammation and joint pain, and I've read that alternate day fasting can help with this problem.

So, here I am again. I'm starting tomorrow and I'm feeling a little anxious about getting through the first day, especially since I already had a non-DD dinner planned for tomorrow night. I'm doing this on my own this time, so I have to cook my husband a separate dinner, and I think that's going to be the worst part. But I know it'll get easier as I get used to this again.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:20 AM   #288
Eieio
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning

WELCOME
Relax easier said than done for sure.
Don't shoot to low on the dd calories yet.
You can have lots of good food for 500-600 calories!
Glad you are back with us.
Terri
Old 01-26-2015, 09:48 AM   #289
LoCarbGal

back SoS! I really do think JUDDD is magic for the reduction of inflammation. When you focus on the health benefits and how much better you'll feel physically, it is sometimes easier to stick with it than when you just think of it as a diet or for weight loss. Seems like the feeling good part comes much sooner than the weight loss satisfaction, especially if you've got a bit to lose. Good luck!!!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

Old 01-27-2015, 04:10 AM   #290
truthseekerland
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: truthseekerland
Just discovered JUDDD!!! So Happy!

Hi everyone,

I discovered JUDDD on the 25th of this month after years (almost over a decade) of unsuccessful attempts at weight loss. My WOE's have included Atkins, McDougall's, lemonade fasts, water fasts etc. Three years ago I lost a lot of weight doing a water fast for 11 days and was close to my ideal weight (I'm 5ft3in). Then life happened, and I found myself stuffing my face with anything that contained chocolate and lo and behold, I found myself staring at the scale at 189.

Then last Jan I decided enough was enough and checked myself into a naturopathic program where I water fasted for 6 days. I followed it up with 3 of juice fasting and then back to normal eating. My weight hardly changed. I had lost barely 5 lbs but they came back on as soon as I returned back home.

I felt that something was gravely wrong with my body because the last two times I had fasted, once on lemonade and the other on water, I had lost almost 1.5 lbs a day.

I decided this year to stop torturing myself and just try to maintain a calorie deficit by eating less and working out. I was logging my calories diligently when I discovered that despite killing myself at the gym and eating low fat, I was losing at a very slow rate of 1 lb per week. I am 31 yrs old and I wondered if entering the 30's was the reason for my sudden slowing of metabolism.

So day before yesterday, I was googling info on the potato diet as I had read about it long back while McDougalling. I chanced upon this forum and I was so taken by what I read that I decided to start teh very next day - yesterday. So I had 5-6 small potatoes and decided to check the scale this morning. I had lost 2 lbs that I had gained 3 days ago from having a couple of drinks with DH (something rather unsual as we never drink other than when we are with friends and it resulted in an overnight gain of 3.5 lbs, 1.5 of which i lost the next morning).

Somewhere inside me I know this is the right diet for me. It is going to work for me. I will make it work!

I am just writing this to let you all know how glad I am to have found this forum and that it is really keeping me positive to see how many are in here on the same journey as me. Thanks you guys!

truthseekerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:42 AM   #291
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

and truthseekerland!

It's good that you've had such a positive start with JUDDD - I hope that it continues to suit you. You'll have seen the weigh-in threads if you want to join them and the lively chat thread.

If you have any questions the do speak up as there's probably someone else who's wondering about the same thing.

Good Luck and keep us updated on your progress.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:41 AM   #292
Eieio
Major LCF Poster!

TRUTHSEEKERLAND - fun title

Glad your here!
Prepare for baggy clothes syndrome.
Welcome all new comers!
Terri
Old 01-27-2015, 08:04 AM   #293
truthseekerland
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Slowsure! I like your username.

I did not knw about the two threads. Will check them out.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:50 AM   #294
wyndee
Junior LCF Member

I can't wait for baggy clothes syndrome!!
Old 01-27-2015, 04:06 PM   #295
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/135.9/125 5'2" 40yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
to the newest JUDDD Buds!!!

I hope you are all enjoying the start of your JUDDD Journey!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:59 AM   #296
truthseekerland
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for the warm welcome!
My username is silly I know! I usually choose rather unimaginative ones.

Almost through with my second DD today on 'water fasting'. I had a coffee in the morning and some tea with milk in the evening. I do feel light headed and I am worried if this will be a problem going forward or if my body will get used to it because I committed a few errors at work and it's a field where a high degree of accuracy is required.

Tomorrow is UD!!! YYAYYYY!!! I think I get to eat an enormous amount of calories. My maintenance calories is supposed to be at 2000 and I plan to work out for 400 calories worth. Does this mean I need to eat 2400 cals? I don't think I'm to it because my appetite has greatly reduced since my first DD. Giggles - I never thought this would ever be an issue I would have in my life...

DO I need to start a new thread for journaling or is there some other thread where I need to go to do that?
Old 01-28-2015, 08:56 AM   #297
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 231/217/160
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 9/25/16
General consensus is that you should not eat back exercise calories.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:06 AM   #298
truthseekerland
Senior LCF Member

Definitely feel happier on potato day. I think it has something to do with the serotonin release in the brain that the potatoes facilitate due to their high tryptophan content as long as the potato is not paired with another protein source.

I will most probably be doing the next DD with 500 cals worth of potatoes. Now I'm just going to need to find info on calories in potatoes as I seem to find varying information on various sites.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:04 AM   #299
smandysen
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smandysen
Stats: 168.6/168.8/145.0
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 01/26/2015 - restart 5/26/2015
I've enjoyed reading the message boards and just started my JUDDD journey on Monday. Today begins my third 500 calorie DD. I am very excited that my stomach feels flatter and I feel better overall.

I started my journey at 168.5 lbs. my goal is 145 then re-evaluate and maybe go to 135. I am 43 and 5'6". I am hypothyroid and have migraines and am on medication for both. Unfortunately, 2 of my medications have the undesired side affect of weight gain. It has made it close to impossible to lose beyond a certain point. Truthfully, I gave up once Thanksgiving came around and then I ate whatever I wanted. That resulted in a 10lb weight gain at the same time as I was given the new medication to help my migraine issues. Every time I stepped on the scale the numbers increased. I visited my closet and pulled out the "fat pants." Totally demoralizing.

On another diet plan's message board, someone referenced the JUDDD way of eating, which I had never heard about before, so I googled it, came here and decided that I can do anything for a day! I waited about a week to implement it because we were gone for 5 days to our daughter's synchronized skating competition. Living from a suitcase in a hotel and only having restaurants to choose from is NOT the way I wanted to start my new WOE. We got back last Sunday night and I started with a DD on Monday.

I am strictly counting calories every day because I haven't been counting for a few years and I had no idea the actual calorie counts of foods. The hardest day for me was my first up day. I was hungry and wanted to eat between 2-6pm. I had already allocated my calories for dinner so I had to find a low calorie snack to fill the tummy. Since then, I am doing fine. I look forward to my down days. I am currently drinking 2 shakes on down days and then having something light but a good quantity of food to fill the remaining 180 calories for dinner. Up days I start with a shake and then eat food the other meals of the day.

My husband is joining me-he has about 12 more pounds to lose...and my daughter thinks she will do a moderate version...she has only 6-10 pounds to lose.

Sorry about the "book" of a post...looking forward to getting to know everyone and dropping these pounds!
smandysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:47 AM   #300
LoCarbGal

truthseekerland!

smandysen!

So glad you guys have found this place, and gotten started on your JUDDD journey. It's a wonderful ride! Good luck!