Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #361
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.6/125 5'2" 40yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)

Hope you are enjoying the beginning of your JUDDD journey. I hope you will join us on the threads!

Here's a good place to start http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=870341

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2015, 02:43 PM   #362
GoldieGirl
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GoldieGirl
Start Date: March 27 2015
I'm a newbie and I'm very interested in the JUDDD diet. Little background re: me:

Need to lose 40-45 pounds
Have yo=yo dieted many years (fear I've messed up my metabolism badly)
Have tried Atkins (followed it exactly to letter and Gained Weight not lost!)
Tried Medifast 2 years ago with no success it was really expensive + its not really low carb anymore, the carbs are around 100 gs/day
Love low carbing, I feel like I function better w/high protein low carbs besides I'm addicted to carbs/I'm a carboholic and eat too many of them
Used all kinds of fad gimmicky diets for years - I lose 40-45 pounds then w/in 1 year
gain it back (silly right?).....always blow it w/in a year in maintenance, I don't need anyone to sabotage me I do a good job of that myself

I read JUDDD book, sounded reasonable, + I like the idea of Intermittent Fasting....
and I read thru this forum, felt inspired and thought, hey, I think I could do this.

I worry about long term sustainability for life time maintenance w/JUDDD, so any tips and suggestions from you JUDDD veterans would be appreciated.

Wow Carly, you rock, so inspired by your story/pixs.

Thanks all,
Goldie
GoldieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:36 PM   #363
Carly

Goldie!

Today is my 3 year JUDDDiversary- so I feel it's sustainable (for me anyway).

I lost about 75 pounds in just under a year and I've been maintaining for over 2 years.

You can do it!!!!!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:57 PM   #364
JBinColorado
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JBinColorado
Stats: 247/238/148 5"7
WOE: Carb cycling
Start Date: 03/04/2015
Happy 3rd Juddivesary Carly woo hoo !
JBinColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 05:59 PM   #365
JBinColorado
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Goldiegirl !
I am at day 26 so I am new too !
This is the best thing I have found that works LOVE JUDDD
Old 03-30-2015, 06:00 AM   #366
NoMoreExcuses
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NoMoreExcuses
Stats: 178/133/140....GOAL!
WOE: Weight Watchers Simply Filling
Start Date: 08/28/2015
Let me introduce myself....I (like most of you) have tried every diet, read every book, etc.... I have never reached my goal. Somehow (a great surprise to me) I am now 61 years old, still chasing "the dream" and so very tired of it. About a month or so ago I read "The Every Other Day Diet" by Krista Varady so I dabbled in that a bit. Really, the down days weren't physically that difficult, but I couldn't get my head in the game to do it anymore than a week. There was always "something" that got in the way. One major thing I seem to struggle with is trying to do my down day meals as well as feeding my husband a good meal. I don't even want to explain to him what I am trying to do; he has been through so many of my whacky diets over the past 20 years. Honestly, he probably could care less, one way or the other. Apparently the problem is all in MY head.
So, here we are, coming into another spring season and I am worried about what I will wear. I have 30 pounds to lose.
I have seen the JUDDD thread for years on this board and have been reading of your successes. I know that I can do the Varady plan. I found a quote recently that will help me " You made it through one day. You don't have to do anything tougher, you just have to do it again!"
Thanks for the inspiration!

You have already done it! You don't have to do anything harder, you just have to do it again.

Good habits don't come from motivation, motivation comes as a result of good habits.
NoMoreExcuses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:32 AM   #367
LoCarbGal

Gallery: LoCarbGal
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
It's so great to see more new JUDDD BUDDDs joining in! Welcome to all of you and good luck! I hope you'll post in some of the other threads and let us all get to know you. You'll find great support around here!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Part 2
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:49 AM   #368
JBinColorado
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Margo !
Old 04-02-2015, 11:17 AM   #369
GoldieGirl
Junior LCF Member

Awww thanks everybody for warm welcomes to us newbs. Ohmygosh Carly and LoCarbGal, I need inspiration so much and you're both so successful w/Juddd. This is day 7 of Juddd and I think my heads in the game, but DDs are tough. Its a mind game, gotta get and keep my head and mind in the game......But definitely want much success like you guys have. I think I need to check out forums here and find a niche, but so very busy w/work/husband/kids, nevertheless definitely need to carve out window of time to be on this forum more.

Thanks JBColorado for your kind words. Nomorexcuses welcome too.

Last edited by GoldieGirl; 04-02-2015 at 11:18 AM..
Old 04-03-2015, 06:25 AM   #370
NoMoreExcuses
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NoMoreExcuses
Stats: 178/133/140....GOAL!
WOE: Weight Watchers Simply Filling
Start Date: 08/28/2015
Thanks for the welcome. I agree, Goldiegirl, it is completely a mind game. What made me decide to try this was that I KNEW I could do 500 cal days, because I did a round of HCG a couple of years ago. Also, I have had a few surgeries the past few years and KNEW that I could go without eating for a day or two. I have read The Beck Solution and one of the chapters is about realizing that eating is not an emergency, hunger is only uncomfortable but won't kill you. If you are hungry right now, it will pass, it always does. Remember on down days, you don't have to do anything harder than you have already done, you just have to do it again.
I struggle with coordinating a nice meal for my DH with my meal. I am trying to not make a big deal about doing EOD fasting, because he has been thru all of my "diets Du jour" and yes, I am afraid to have him see me fail yet again. I just need some success on this to feel confident.

You have already done it! You don't have to do anything harder, you just have to do it again.

Good habits don't come from motivation, motivation comes as a result of good habits.
NoMoreExcuses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:57 PM   #371
JBinColorado
Senior LCF Member

I could never get this far on other diets I would quit around week 3 now I am on day 32 soon to be 5 weeks. I just love how easy this is.
Jacqueline
Old 04-04-2015, 04:19 PM   #372
GoldieGirl
Junior LCF Member

NoMoreExcuses, thanks for your kind words. I know what you mean I cook for hubby and kids but my husband is helpful in this regard also as far as cooking (that helps with this Intermittent Fast/Juddd process). I am self employed part time combined with hubby and kids and extended family and lotza activities, I'm very busy (as most people are these days). You are right....we can go a couple of days w/out eating and we're actually wired that way from our ancestors who did not have access to large quantities of food as we do in modern times.....so we are genetically hard wired for fasting.

JB that's great, you know after digging into Intermittent Fasting/Juddd research, I'm amazed at how many people actually say the same thing you do: That this process is very easy. Maybe it's a well kept secret in the "diet world" because it is a after all a multi billion dollar industry that people keep pouring money into....but if everyone knew about fasting/Juddd that could seriously make a dent in diet industry profits....so it's not broadcast to the masses......just a theory. But I agree Intermittent Fasting/Juddd gets easier every day. Hehe but then again in a few days I could be complaining that I'm having a difficult day w/Inter. Fasting/Judd!

Last edited by GoldieGirl; 04-04-2015 at 04:31 PM..
Old 04-04-2015, 09:14 PM   #373
JBinColorado
Senior LCF Member

Goldie,
you could be right because this WOE would cause a loss in revenue for sure !

not to mention the lower cost of food per month that is saved.

Happy Easter to All
Old 04-12-2015, 08:43 AM   #374
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinColorado View Post
Happy 3rd Juddivesary Carly woo hoo !
Thank you JB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreExcuses View Post
Let me introduce myself....I (like most of you) have tried every diet, read every book, etc.... I have never reached my goal. Somehow (a great surprise to me) I am now 61 years old, still chasing "the dream" and so very tired of it. About a month or so ago I read "The Every Other Day Diet" by Krista Varady so I dabbled in that a bit. Really, the down days weren't physically that difficult, but I couldn't get my head in the game to do it anymore than a week. There was always "something" that got in the way. One major thing I seem to struggle with is trying to do my down day meals as well as feeding my husband a good meal. I don't even want to explain to him what I am trying to do; he has been through so many of my whacky diets over the past 20 years. Honestly, he probably could care less, one way or the other. Apparently the problem is all in MY head.
So, here we are, coming into another spring season and I am worried about what I will wear. I have 30 pounds to lose.
I have seen the JUDDD thread for years on this board and have been reading of your successes. I know that I can do the Varady plan. I found a quote recently that will help me " You made it through one day. You don't have to do anything tougher, you just have to do it again!"
Thanks for the inspiration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinColorado View Post
Goldie,
you could be right because this WOE would cause a loss in revenue for sure !

not to mention the lower cost of food per month that is saved.

Happy Easter to All
I eat SO much less food that it's amazing!!!!
The amount of money spent on all types of meal plans and such is kind of ridiculous once you learn about IF and JUDDD.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:34 PM   #375
GoldieGirl
Junior LCF Member

My plan was to be on this website at least 2X per week, but I just don't have the time. I've got 2 kids involved in soccer and music, my husband said to me the other day that he and I are almost like a limo service/carpool service for our kids, hehe. Then my husband and I are involved in toooo many things. I work part time self employed but I don't seem to have much free time. My husband, he helps me so much w/our kids, housework, etc. even though he works full time. I feel very grateful for his help. We've been married for almost 20 years so I think I keep him around for another 80 or so years, haha.

But I'm definitely staying on the JUDDD plan, it gets easier w/each week. I started this JUDDD process on Fri. March 27th and I can already see my clothes are more loose. I'm only going to weigh myself once per month cause otherwise I really allow scale numbers to get inside my head.

JB you are so right, I'm already spending lots less $$$ on food just being on JUDDD, and that's always a good thing!

Carly, in your siggy you state that you eat less food and that's amazing, I agree! It is amazing how much food we actually do not need.

Last edited by GoldieGirl; 04-12-2015 at 12:36 PM..
Old 04-15-2015, 12:01 AM   #376
alliejon
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alliejon
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Start Date: October 2013

Hi there,

I'm pretty desperate right now. I have seen mentions of JUDDD on the carbohydrate addict's forum. I lost 35 pounds twice with CAD... but didn't stick with it until goal.

My cousin does JUDDD two days per week to maintain. I need to lose a ton... I'm thinking of starting this Tuesday morning.

Tips for newbies? I read the book, and the induction suggests shakes for the down days. I'm not opposed to that, but I'm thinking I might do better to fast all day and have a meal at dinner time. What do you all do on down days?

Eating small number of calories throughout the day will make me hungrier I think than going without...

Allison
alliejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:58 AM   #377
KeirasMom

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/156.8/155
WOE: Back to JUDDD 1/5/15
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliejon View Post
Hi there,

I'm pretty desperate right now. I have seen mentions of JUDDD on the carbohydrate addict's forum. I lost 35 pounds twice with CAD... but didn't stick with it until goal.

My cousin does JUDDD two days per week to maintain. I need to lose a ton... I'm thinking of starting this Tuesday morning.

Tips for newbies? I read the book, and the induction suggests shakes for the down days. I'm not opposed to that, but I'm thinking I might do better to fast all day and have a meal at dinner time. What do you all do on down days?

Eating small number of calories throughout the day will make me hungrier I think than going without...

Allison
Allison, and

Many of us did not use the shakes/bars at all, and simply used real food, weighed and counted carefully, to meet our DD numbers (or 500 in induction). If you don't want to eat at all, that's fine too, or save all your calories for one meal. I personally, eat at least 2, and usually 3 small meals on my DDs, but I've figured out that's easiest for me. Once you've done it a while, you'll find the method that works best for you, as well as the foods that keep you the most satisfied.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:43 AM   #378
LoCarbGal

Allison! I never did the shakes either. I never felt that only drinking all day would keep me satisfied. For some, it may be the perfect solution. I usually have only coffee/hwc for breakfast, then save the rest - or most - of my remaining cals until dinnertime. Good luck!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

Old 04-19-2015, 06:54 PM   #379
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taramisu
Stats: 282/194/180
Start Date: April 7, 2015
Hi everyone! I'm Tara. I lost about 55 pounds by calorie counting about 3 years ago, maintained for around a year, and then gained back 65. Story of my life. Lose it, gain it. I was very burned out and found it hard to get motivated to go back to regular calorie counting, especially since my sugar and carb addiction was so bad and I always felt hungry. I started Atkins a few weeks ago, and have made it through induction. I've lost about 10 pounds. The cravings weren't terrible and I wasn't hungry, but I found that it really took the joy out of life. I love food, and mostly I miss having dessert--can't help it; I just love them and am not interested in a life without them. So a few weeks of induction has honestly been enough for me to know this is not sustainable. But, through Atkins research and message boards, I found JUDDD and this board. I've been reading it for several days and it sounds like something I want to try. So I will be starting this week.

I am a little nervous about keeping a good schedule because life is pretty busy and varied right now while I'm getting ready to move in with my fiancé and his eight-year-old son. Not sure how that all is going to work out, but honestly, it can't be worse than how restrictive Atkins is! I'm good at logging my food so I think I will do well with that aspect of it. I guess we'll just see if I'm really able to stick to it! Thanks for all the helpful posts so far.

Tara
taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 04:36 AM   #380
Alcestis
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/151.8/145 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD / FF
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Tara!

I came to JUDDD via these boards too, and felt very much as you do. I'd lowcarbed back in 2006-2007, then it all came back, plus more, and I returned to LC in 2011, but it just wasn't the same. JUDDD was a lifeline for me. I lost about 35lbs, then another 30lbs this past year.

The DDs take a little getting used to, but honestly, I quickly came to love them! There's a simplicity and a peace, and your body (I believe) starts to adjust, and look forward to the break from having to process food all the time.

I don't like being told what to do and JUDDD is wonderfully freeing in so many ways. I could take time to figure out how best to use my calories on a DD, and I naturally gravitated to nutrient-rich food on UDs (because I wanted something to keep me going through the DDs!). I was never very good at sticking closely to the numbers on the JUDDD calculator, but I did my best.

JUDDD/IE has so many incredible benefits, but for me, the best has been that I'm at peace with food after a lifetime of disordered eating and thinking around it. This forum was (and is) a safe haven, free of judgment, and full of joy!

I hope you stick around
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:03 AM   #381
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
Tara!

I came to JUDDD via these boards too, and felt very much as you do. I'd lowcarbed back in 2006-2007, then it all came back, plus more, and I returned to LC in 2011, but it just wasn't the same. JUDDD was a lifeline for me. I lost about 35lbs, then another 30lbs this past year.

The DDs take a little getting used to, but honestly, I quickly came to love them! There's a simplicity and a peace, and your body (I believe) starts to adjust, and look forward to the break from having to process food all the time.

I don't like being told what to do and JUDDD is wonderfully freeing in so many ways. I could take time to figure out how best to use my calories on a DD, and I naturally gravitated to nutrient-rich food on UDs (because I wanted something to keep me going through the DDs!). I was never very good at sticking closely to the numbers on the JUDDD calculator, but I did my best.

JUDDD/IE has so many incredible benefits, but for me, the best has been that I'm at peace with food after a lifetime of disordered eating and thinking around it. This forum was (and is) a safe haven, free of judgment, and full of joy!

I hope you stick around
Thank you so much, Alcestis! Everyone here seems so nice! I am feeling very hopeful today (my last day of Atkins!) that this is something that I could really do and stick with for a long time. I thought Atkins would be less work than counting calories but I was so wrong. I found it really difficult to plan meals and stay under my carb count. And what's the point of being able to eat butter if you have nothing good to put it on?

Anyway, I'm so glad to hear you say that you've reached a kind of peace with food. I would love to have that. The idea of being able to have treats or a nice dinner (with a roll or breadsticks!) in addition to healthful foods a few times a week sounds pretty much like heaven to me and will hopefully make the adjustment period with DDs easier. I actually like Atkins shakes and bars and the recipes posted here look fantastic, so hopefully it will be a smooth transition. Thanks again for the welcome!
Old 04-20-2015, 02:10 PM   #382
LoCarbGal

Tara! I came to JUDDD via Atkins too. I lost 54.5 pounds and stalled out. Added JUDDD, and continued to lose, and then within a couple of months I had eased back into some carbs. I started in September and by Thanksgiving I was allowing all the normal holiday eats and treats - just within calories. It can be done! Good luck!

Old 04-20-2015, 04:14 PM   #383
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliejon View Post
Hi there,

Allison
I have a cup or 2 of coffee w/ SF creamer and then eat a bedtime snack at 8:45pm. Everyone figures out what works best for them.

I hope you love JUDDDing!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tara_retro View Post
Hi everyone! I'm Tara. I lost about 55 pounds by calorie counting about 3 years ago, maintained for around a year, and then gained back 65. Story of my life. Lose it, gain it. I was very burned out and found it hard to get motivated to go back to regular calorie counting, especially since my sugar and carb addiction was so bad and I always felt hungry. I started Atkins a few weeks ago, and have made it through induction. I've lost about 10 pounds. The cravings weren't terrible and I wasn't hungry, but I found that it really took the joy out of life. I love food, and mostly I miss having dessert--can't help it; I just love them and am not interested in a life without them. So a few weeks of induction has honestly been enough for me to know this is not sustainable. But, through Atkins research and message boards, I found JUDDD and this board. I've been reading it for several days and it sounds like something I want to try. So I will be starting this week.

I am a little nervous about keeping a good schedule because life is pretty busy and varied right now while I'm getting ready to move in with my fiancé and his eight-year-old son. Not sure how that all is going to work out, but honestly, it can't be worse than how restrictive Atkins is! I'm good at logging my food so I think I will do well with that aspect of it. I guess we'll just see if I'm really able to stick to it! Thanks for all the helpful posts so far.

Tara

Old 04-22-2015, 07:39 AM   #384
Ahna
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ahna
Stats: 218.2/ 145.8/ 147
WOE: Juddd / OMAD/ IF
Start Date: October 2013 started weight loss journey
I lost 70 lbs with counting bites and I have been in Maintenance for over 1 year. My weight went up some around Nov-Dec and I have been trying to reign that in.

I am 5.6 lbs from goal right now, I have been doing CAD, one meal a day, Intermittent Fasting with a window and I just added JUDDD!

I am counting calories right now, I dont have very much experience with calories. Mostly bites. So I may trade back and forth some but I am counting calories now and estimating/counting bites so I know my calories per bite average for when I go away from home etc

So I am eating almost all my calories in one meal for both UD and DD. I have a small meal of Wheat grass (sometimes with protein) around 3 PM and then a large meal in the evening

Intermittent Fasting and keeping my carbs to 1 meal a day helps me to have periods with PCOS and hopefully JUDDD boost my metabolism more!
Ahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:15 AM   #385
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Tara! I came to JUDDD via Atkins too. I lost 54.5 pounds and stalled out. Added JUDDD, and continued to lose, and then within a couple of months I had eased back into some carbs. I started in September and by Thanksgiving I was allowing all the normal holiday eats and treats - just within calories. It can be done! Good luck!
Thank you so much for the support, LCG and Carly! I'm on Day 3 (UD) and so far, so good! When I was planning out my meals, I knew that we were going to Dairy Queen for my best friend's birthday tonight, so I figured I'd have to rearrange the whole day for it... nope! I was still having to adjust things to make sure I was eating MORE! On the bright side, I still feel motivated to make up the rest of my calories with healthful stuff, veggies and fruits, etc... at the moment I'm full from breakfast so it's hard to believe I still get to eat so much food today.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:47 AM   #386
Alcestis
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/151.8/145 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD / FF
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tara_retro View Post
Thank you so much for the support, LCG and Carly! I'm on Day 3 (UD) and so far, so good! When I was planning out my meals, I knew that we were going to Dairy Queen for my best friend's birthday tonight, so I figured I'd have to rearrange the whole day for it... nope! I was still having to adjust things to make sure I was eating MORE! On the bright side, I still feel motivated to make up the rest of my calories with healthful stuff, veggies and fruits, etc... at the moment I'm full from breakfast so it's hard to believe I still get to eat so much food today.
I just love this line. So happy you're enjoying the joy of JUDDDing
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:25 AM   #387
erinisme
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinisme
Stats: 180/170/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12/12/2012
Is anyone else really really thirsty?
erinisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 01:48 PM   #388
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinisme View Post
Is anyone else really really thirsty?
I only had that problem with uncontrolled diabetes.
I doubt it's JUDDD related, unless you are consuming way less fluid and are dehydrated

Old 05-12-2015, 06:25 PM   #389
journey
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: journey
Stats: 164/142.6/129
Start Date: 4/21/2015
Hello, I just want to stop and introduce myself as a fellow JUDDDer. I have lost weight in the past with Jenny Craig, Atkins and CAD. With each diet I lost and then put the weight right back on. Three years ago I was diagnosed with a gluten, soy and dairy allergy. I also have hasimoto thyroiditis. After my allergy diagnosis I thought I would finally get down to the weight that felt right for me. However I have continued to slowly gain weight even though my diet is extremely restricted.

Now to my JUDDD experience. .. at work we started a biggest looser contest. As I weighed in I said "I never lose weight" I kind of felt hopeless but thought I might as well try.I did lose a few pounds the first week as decided I needed to get serious. I searched intermittent fasting and settled on JUDDD due to the reviews I was reading online.

Here is my experience so far
started on 4/10 at 164 lbs
4/17 at 161
started JUDDD on April 21st
4/24 at 159
5/1 at 157
5/8 at 152

I am totally blown away at how I am losing weight so far. I feel more satisfied and feel I'm eating more on my up days than I have for a couple of years. I believe my metabolism was messed up and maybe this will straighten it out.

Thanks for all the inspirational messages and advide. It has been so valuable as I have learned about this way of eating. I look forward to continued success and getting to know you kind JUDDDERS!

Journey
journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 11:23 PM   #390
LoCarbGal

Journey! You are doing great, and isn't JUDDD a miracle come true?? I'm so glad it's working for you!