Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 05-13-2015, 08:04 PM   #391
journey
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: journey
Stats: 164/142.6/129
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/21/2015
Thanks LoCarbGal, your right it feels like a miracle come true. I'm still surprised and hope it keeps working!
take care,
journey
journey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2015, 10:50 AM   #392
Gina Bean
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gina Bean
Stats: 178/162/125
Start Date: May 11, 2015
Hi!

My name is Gina, I've been browsing the site just this week. I started JUDDD on Monday and I'm loving it! I've already lost 3.9 this week.

A little background about me--I'm married with 2 kids. Work full-time, love my job. I started taking Celexa last Jan and although it made me feel so much better, and "normal", I gained 50 lbs. Finally my dr. switched me to Wellbutrin. Now here I am trying to lose the weight. I lost 10 lbs last month doing Keto, but it was just too hard for me. I felt deprived.

Thanks for having me! I'm excited
Gina Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:27 PM   #393
LoCarbGal
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Gina! It stinks that the drug made you feel so much better but had that awful side-effect. You're doing great already!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Part 2
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:52 PM   #394
Gina Bean
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Gina! It stinks that the drug made you feel so much better but had that awful side-effect. You're doing great already!
Thanks! Glad to be here and plan to try and stay active on the boards with you ladies
Old 05-17-2015, 02:52 PM   #395
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/135.9/125 5'2" 40yrs Size 20/4P
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Gina & Journey!!!!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:32 PM   #396
Gina Bean
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Gina & Journey!!!!
Thank you
Old 05-23-2015, 02:28 PM   #397
journey
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: journey
Stats: 164/142.6/129
Start Date: 4/21/2015
Hi Gina, you are off to a amazing start! I know how you felt about feeling deprived. I did Atkins several years ago and lost weight but couldn't maintain it. The atkins lifestyle felt so restrictive long term. This plan seems so doable! Good luck and keep it up.

Hi Carly, thanks for the . :hiya You and so many inspiring role models here!
journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:53 PM   #398
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taramisu
Stats: 282/206/180
Start Date: April 7, 2015
Hi Gina! Welcome! I just started in April and have found these boards incredibly helpful. And I've lost 10 pounds in the last month. Yay. I hope Wellbutrin works well for you. It knocked my depression flat on its back!! And I didn't gain weight on it (I gained weight because I ate cheeseburgers and Little Debbie cakes every day, haha).
taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:03 AM   #399
tbagram
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tbagram
Stats: 249/230/180
Start Date: 4/28/14
Hello everyone. My name is Vonnie and I did JUDDD in 2013 which took me to my lowest weight of 203. Life happened and I really messed up. For the past 5 weeks I have been doing very low carb and lost 20 pounds in the first two weeks. Last Friday I started looking back at my food diary and saw how well I did on JUDDD. So... here I am age 64 and 220 pounds. I plan on weighing myself once a week like I did before and am looking forward to being here with this group. Carly, I am so impressed by your weight loss and also inspired! I do remember how much better I felt and how I wasn't fixated on food any longer!
tbagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:28 AM   #400
LoCarbGal

back Vonnie! Wow, 20 pounds in 2 weeks is so fantastic! You must feel so much better already. So glad you came back!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

Old 06-05-2015, 01:40 PM   #401
KetogenicGurl
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KetogenicGurl
WOE: LC-HF-LP Plant based
Start Date: 2-1-2015
another Newbie to JUDDD…protein limits

HI, I just posted a Q before seeing this thread.

Like TBgram I am a almost 66 yr old >200 and successful with LCHF so far. Lost 26# and am happy with that, since Feb 1.

I just heard of this method, and am somewhat familiar with "calorie confusing" the body…makes so much sense!

OK…I need to lose another 50-70 pounds. I also am a kidney patient with CKD..a chronic disease that slows filtration of oxidative wastes (high protein, especially meat) and can lead quickly to dialysis.

ALL the Nephrologists and Urologists and medical people say you can;t do a thing, but admit losing weight will lower the burden of work on the kidneys.

So for me this is Quality of LIFE Criitcal..no one wants to be on dialysis, and what I've learned scared me enough to try and avoid it at all costs. YES, you must accept it if all else fails, but I'm motivated!

Today is my first DD…so quickly reading and learning..I am already experienced with making quality protein shakes, and must limit my daily amount, so am looking to learn for ALL OF YOU who have been successful!
KetogenicGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:37 PM   #402
tbagram
Junior LCF Member

This is interesting. I am currently trying to lose 20 pounds to qualify giving a kidney to my cousin. There is a lot of information at lowcarbforums.org under the general health thread. I came to a halt doing LCHF so I came back to what worked for me two years ago.

I want to be sure not to do any damage to my kidneys and after reading that thread I felt better in my w.o.e. Hope it helps!
Old 06-05-2015, 04:18 PM   #403
KetogenicGurl
Senior LCF Member

TBAGRAM…how exciting!! ..and what a blessing you are for your cousin. So you are totally committed and in this process to donate this year? How is your cousin doing? ( can you post individually here? don't want to ask personal stuff in public, but am happy to chat if you want to)

I lost one kidney to cancer in 2010..( am cancer free now) so protecting this wonky one is my main job now!! ..too bad Docs didn't think to alert me SOONER so I could take positive action, and do more on my own….but most MDs are trained it is inevitable as we lose function over time as we age, so they don't educate the patient until everyone is all upset and it's a real &*&(*&^^& emergency for the patient!
Old 06-05-2015, 04:32 PM   #404
tbagram
Junior LCF Member

She was born with one functioning kidney. I have yet to be qualified but am doing everything as if I am. My colonoscopy is Monday and will be in touch with the hospital that will be doing the transplant next week. I have yet to tell my family just in case I can't do it. No sense in worrying them for nothing.

I know what you mean about the Doctors notifying you earlier. I work in a hospital and my friend who is a dialysis nurse just happened to see her own mother's blood work on the table. She was in stage three kidney failure and her doctor never said a word!

We really must be proactive in our own care.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:31 AM   #405
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/135.9/125 5'2" 40yrs Size 20/4P
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbagram View Post
Hello everyone. My name is Vonnie and I did JUDDD in 2013 which took me to my lowest weight of 203. Life happened and I really messed up. For the past 5 weeks I have been doing very low carb and lost 20 pounds in the first two weeks. Last Friday I started looking back at my food diary and saw how well I did on JUDDD. So... here I am age 64 and 220 pounds. I plan on weighing myself once a week like I did before and am looking forward to being here with this group. Carly, I am so impressed by your weight loss and also inspired! I do remember how much better I felt and how I wasn't fixated on food any longer!

JUDDD has be a life changer for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KetogenicGurl View Post
HI, I just posted a Q before seeing this thread.

Like TBgram I am a almost 66 yr old >200 and successful with LCHF so far. Lost 26# and am happy with that, since Feb 1.

I just heard of this method, and am somewhat familiar with "calorie confusing" the body…makes so much sense!

OK…I need to lose another 50-70 pounds. I also am a kidney patient with CKD..a chronic disease that slows filtration of oxidative wastes (high protein, especially meat) and can lead quickly to dialysis.

ALL the Nephrologists and Urologists and medical people say you can;t do a thing, but admit losing weight will lower the burden of work on the kidneys.

So for me this is Quality of LIFE Criitcal..no one wants to be on dialysis, and what I've learned scared me enough to try and avoid it at all costs. YES, you must accept it if all else fails, but I'm motivated!

Today is my first DD…so quickly reading and learning..I am already experienced with making quality protein shakes, and must limit my daily amount, so am looking to learn for ALL OF YOU who have been successful!
I know that JUDDD has helped transform my health. I hope it can do the same for you.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:34 AM   #406
Clm.ward
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Clm.ward
WOE: LC
Start Date: June 14
Hi everyone! I'm looking in to this diet plan for my husband. He's convinced that he's carb sensitive and has lost some weight going lc. Is anyone doing this diet that is carb sensitive and still losing? Do you count calories on either UD or DD?
Clm.ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:53 PM   #407
AMB7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AMB7
Stats: 158/144/135
Start Date: May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabsav View Post
Hello~I have just finished my first two weeks of JUDDD and thanks to two UDs in a row, I have gained everything back that I lost. So, I'm having a DD today and I was wondering what you tell yourselves to get through the day. Besides telling yourself you can eat tomorrow, what kind of positive thoughts do you use to motivate yourself through the day? I find that I just can't wait for my DD to be over, and I wish I could embrace it a bit more.
Hey! I make a big pot of soup to get through down days like 6 cups of broth with some kale or collard greens, diced tomatoes, whatever fits in my calorie goal.
AMB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:22 AM   #408
kitty_el
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty_el
WOE: JUDDD - EOD/STILLMANS :)
Start Date: June 2013
Hey everyone, I am not a 'JUDDD newbie' I did JUDDD in 2013 after the birth of my first daughter and lost about 50lb, I then got pregnant again pretty soon, I had my second daughter in September last year and have been trying to get motivated ever since (I don't know why I am finding it so hard this time) I found JUDDD so easy the first time.
I am determined to start on Monday although I will tweaking slightly and having 500 cals on my DD.

Good luck & I look forward to reading all your posts

Start weight - 168
Goal weight - 140
Current weight - 159.2

"The only time it's too late to change yourself is when you're dead. Until then, you're simply making excuses or lying to yourself"
kitty_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:10 AM   #409
LoCarbGal

Welcome back Ellie, and congratulations on your 2nd daughter!

Old 06-20-2015, 02:58 PM   #410
KetogenicGurl
Senior LCF Member

Admitting to Stepping Away from JUDDD

Hi All…well.thre are so many successful methods here, and I was happy with my 8:16 IF…and I gave JUDDD a serious try…but over the last 2 weeks, with long bus rides, and inability to access food, or carry enough with me, I ended up just sticking with 8:16.

I am just not mentally ready to commit to JUDDD, and might as well say so.

I saw the kidney doctor at the SF VA hosp (hence the need for the 2 long bus rides- I live 200+ miles north of SF. (a free shuttle is provided for Vets) and overnight stay at the hosp….PLUS hosp food is not anywhere near LC..but I made it work anyway! ( I shared my hot meal with a vet who was too late to get one, so he had all the beef &rice, bread, coffee, and fruit..and I had the carrots and salad…plus what I brought- string cheese, pumpkin seeds.

OK so the MD says I am too low in red blood cells count ( am still learning how to do the right low protein/amino acids amended foods) so I realized I just have too much going on at once to try and do JUDDD too..
not making an excuse…I see all your successes here and am so happy for you all.

it may be that I just need to back off too many new things and stick with what is working.

The MD actually told me NOT to try for a total 50 lb loss by Decemeber ( I was aiming for Feb 1 when I started LCHF to Dec 31--with 50 off) but he meant take a YEAR more, til next June!!!

I don't agree..it's just because I messed up on the protein last month, he doesn't want me anemic…so will up my eggs and proteins. Plus I've lost ~26..who knows if another 25 will come off anyway? Just keeping to LC and the foods I love is enough to steady my body with solid nutrition….

I will still visit and learn tho!! Best to you all.

( I forgot..the GOOD NEWS is that I HAVE improved my kidney function THROUGH diet & nutrition, and he tells me I need not fear dialysis..which scares the crap outa me for sure…I KNOW people adjust to stay alive, but I am doing all I can to avoid it. it's NOT just the being tied to a machine forever, it's also the politics and no control the patient has in these private, for-profit clinics paid by the Gov..too much negative going on, with NO oversight in place to protect patients.) THANKS FOR READING THIS FAR!
Old 06-21-2015, 06:13 AM   #411
Alcestis
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/148.2/145 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD / IE
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Peace to you, Ketogenicgurl. You always have a home on the JUDDD boards!
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 05:01 PM   #412
mandyr
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mandyr
Hi my name is Mandy. Decided it's time to come out of lurking and introduce myself since after extensive research (mostly all of your positive and encouraging posts lol!) I've finally joined you all in this woe. Not new to dieting. I've done about everything. The most successful was lchf. I lost 10lbs rather quickly but then got off track and couldn't lose a thing the 2nd time. I'm 150 barely 5 1 and would love to lose 25-30 lbs.
mandyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:36 AM   #413
LoCarbGal

KetogenicGurl, you gave it a good try, and we all have to figure out what works and what doesn't for us. So glad you heard good things about your kidney function!

Mandy, welcome aboard! So glad you are coming out of lurkdom and joining in. I hope you'll keep posting on any threads that interest you, and get as much out of this place as possible!

Old 06-23-2015, 03:57 AM   #414
mandyr
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mandyr
Thank you LoCarbGal!
mandyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:58 AM   #415
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/168/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2014
Hi! I've been reading about IF, fasting in general, and waiting for hunger to eat. I've lost 100lbs on Atkins since Feb 2014, but I want to lose another 20 lbs.After lunch on Sunday, I decided to wait for hunger to eat. I ate at noon Monday, about 500 calories. Then Tues I ate 3 meals, totalling 1400 cal--not because I was hungry, but because I didn't want my metabolism to slow. Today I will eat again at noon, and not sure after that. So, I thought I would co!e here for some help. It sounds like I'm trying Juddd, but I don't know that much about it. Is there a beginner's guide here, or do I need to Google info?
Old 06-24-2015, 11:51 AM   #416
tbagram
Junior LCF Member

Congratulations on that 100 pound loss!. I too am doing IF, but after a month I had not lost anything doing it the JUDDD way. I started in April with low carb and lost 20 pounds right away and then slowed to a stop. Now I am trying one meal a day because I know I have to keep it low cal plus low carb. If I spread the low cals over three meals I feel deprived so decided to do IF...one meal a day. Im into my second day and starving but hanging in there.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:24 PM   #417
LoCarbGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
Hi! I've been reading about IF, fasting in general, and waiting for hunger to eat. I've lost 100lbs on Atkins since Feb 2014, but I want to lose another 20 lbs.After lunch on Sunday, I decided to wait for hunger to eat. I ate at noon Monday, about 500 calories. Then Tues I ate 3 meals, totalling 1400 cal--not because I was hungry, but because I didn't want my metabolism to slow. Today I will eat again at noon, and not sure after that. So, I thought I would co!e here for some help. It sounds like I'm trying Juddd, but I don't know that much about it. Is there a beginner's guide here, or do I need to Google info?
Wow, congratulations on your 100 pound loss! Your avi really shows a dramatic change and you look great. There's some many that might help you get started. Try and read through the "stickies" threads first. And just read all the threads you can, even going back a few years. There's gold in them there posts, I tell you!

But basically, eat your DD calories every other day (500 or less - there's an online calculator that will tell you your DD and UD ranges - can't link to it but it's under "Johnson Up Day Down Day Diet") and your UD calories the other days. Your fast is considered ~ 36 hours, from your last UD meal through the next day and night when you break your fast the next UD morning.

Quote:
Congratulations on that 100 pound loss!. I too am doing IF, but after a month I had not lost anything doing it the JUDDD way. I started in April with low carb and lost 20 pounds right away and then slowed to a stop. Now I am trying one meal a day because I know I have to keep it low cal plus low carb. If I spread the low cals over three meals I feel deprived so decided to do IF...one meal a day. Im into my second day and starving but hanging in there.
I know that must be so frustrating. Sounds like your body is adjusting to it's 20 pound loss right now. I think 1 meal a day is also a great way to IF. I'm doing something similar right now and somehow it feels less restrictive than ADF right now, which I did for a year and a half successfully....then burnout. I fast (only coffee/hwc in the morning) as long as I can - usually 'til about 3:00 or 4:00 - then I have a snack and later dinner. So all my eating is usually within a 4 or 5 hour window. It's feeling pretty good at the moment. Good for you for figuring out a way to make it work for you!

Old 06-26-2015, 07:39 PM   #418
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/168/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2014
Where is an active Judddd thread?
Old 06-27-2015, 01:10 AM   #419
tbagram
Junior LCF Member

I had to stop the one meal a day approach. My blood pressure went through the roof.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:28 AM   #420
LoCarbGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
Where is an active Judddd thread?
There are several going right now, although admittedly, the board is a bit slow right now. That does seem to happen in summer for some reason. When you click on JUDDD from the main message board, the threads under all the "stickies" are the ones that are the most active recently. As you access each one and it shows up as "read" the titles will "unbold" and then you can see what threads have had activity since the last time you looked into each one because they'll remain "bolded". Does that make any sense at all?

Quote:
I had to stop the one meal a day approach. My blood pressure went through the roof.
Well then that's off the table! You may be able to work back up to that later, after your body has completely acclimated to JUDDD. I would say it took me several solid months to feel like I wasn't having some weird change or sensation or even small pains and discomforts after starting JUDDD. Nothing major, but I could tell my body was adjusting. I couldn't fast until dinner when I first started either. It was many months in that I started that. Hang in there!