Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 06-27-2015, 09:36 AM   #421
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/168/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2014
Thanks, LoCarbGal! I thought the sticky threads were all old and locked--full of valuable information, but not active. I will check back there. Having much difficulty reaching my UD calorie goal.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2015, 03:40 PM   #422
2899naad
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 2899naad
Stats: 178.8/178.8/150
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 6/29/2015

Hello all!
I'm a newbie, today is my first DD. I had 480 calories and have to admit it wasn't hard. I did keep busy drinking water and tea.
Tomorrow is my UD at 1500 calories.

Any one have any advice for a me?☺
Looking forward to talking to you all and getting to know you.
NaaD
2899naad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:52 AM   #423
LoCarbGal
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2899naad View Post
Hello all!
I'm a newbie, today is my first DD. I had 480 calories and have to admit it wasn't hard. I did keep busy drinking water and tea.

NaaD
NaaD! My advice is to read and interact as much as you can here. There are tons of threads and posts and you'll learn more from just reading and asking questions that occur to you than any book out there. Good luck!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Part 2
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:48 AM   #424
Libby
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Libby
Stats: 163/162/130
WOE: Stillmans
Hello!

After lurking on these boards for years, I am ready to participate! I have started JUDDD a few times but always give up because of the down day calories. I am 47 and 5'2 so my numbers are 337/1686. I suppose I just need to embrace the hunger and know that it will pass and that I can eat tomorrow! I have no problem waiting until later in the day to eat as I have never been a breakfast person. In my limited attempts I have seen success so I am hoping with the support and advice of this wonderful group, I can finally make this WOE work for me.
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:51 AM   #425
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome, Libby! I'm new too...just started 2 weeks ago. Most of my DD have not been too hard. Yesterday was the exception, and I ate several hundred calories over. :-( I'm going to try to make today a DD instead, and see if I can catch up that way. Not sure if that's the right way to do it, or if I will manage it, but that's my plan. I'm not sure how if works if you're not low carb (not sure how you are doing this!), whether the DDs are harder, but apparently it works!
Old 07-03-2015, 12:28 PM   #426
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.6/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyr View Post
Hi my name is Mandy. Decided it's time to come out of lurking and introduce myself since after extensive research (mostly all of your positive and encouraging posts lol!) I've finally joined you all in this woe. Not new to dieting. I've done about everything. The most successful was lchf. I lost 10lbs rather quickly but then got off track and couldn't lose a thing the 2nd time. I'm 150 barely 5 1 and would love to lose 25-30 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
Hi! I've been reading about IF, fasting in general, and waiting for hunger to eat. I've lost 100lbs on Atkins since Feb 2014, but I want to lose another 20 lbs.After lunch on Sunday, I decided to wait for hunger to eat. I ate at noon Monday, about 500 calories. Then Tues I ate 3 meals, totalling 1400 cal--not because I was hungry, but because I didn't want my metabolism to slow. Today I will eat again at noon, and not sure after that. So, I thought I would co!e here for some help. It sounds like I'm trying Juddd, but I don't know that much about it. Is there a beginner's guide here, or do I need to Google info?
I know you have jumped in since you posted and are finding your groove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbagram View Post
Congratulations on that 100 pound loss!. I too am doing IF, but after a month I had not lost anything doing it the JUDDD way. I started in April with low carb and lost 20 pounds right away and then slowed to a stop. Now I am trying one meal a day because I know I have to keep it low cal plus low carb. If I spread the low cals over three meals I feel deprived so decided to do IF...one meal a day. Im into my second day and starving but hanging in there.
I eat 1 meal per day, but follow the JUDDD calories. Now that I'm maintaining I just have 2 DDs per week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2899naad View Post
Hello all!

NaaD

Post often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby View Post
After lurking on these boards for years, I am ready to participate! I have started JUDDD a few times but always give up because of the down day calories. I am 47 and 5'2 so my numbers are 337/1686. I suppose I just need to embrace the hunger and know that it will pass and that I can eat tomorrow! I have no problem waiting until later in the day to eat as I have never been a breakfast person. In my limited attempts I have seen success so I am hoping with the support and advice of this wonderful group, I can finally make this WOE work for me.
! There is a lot of support and encouragement here. I hope you love JUDDDing!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:38 PM   #427
sugarplum1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sugarplum1
New to JUDDD

Hi folks another newbie here! Nice to meet you all
So I just started JUDDD on Friday, have had two DD and today is my second UD. So far so good. I actually lost about 20kg last year with about 3 kg left to my goal, but I moved cities and started studies so I gained back 5 kg in the last 5 months so now I want to lose the 8 excess kgs for good.
The last time I lost the weight by skipping dinner everyday and just having a large brekkie and lunch without counting calories with light jogs and bikram yoga. But I found that wasn't quite manageable with my social lifestyle at the time so now I just want to try something different. I know from my experience that my body responds well and very quickly to fasting so I hope I can use the JUDDD schedule to lose and maintain my weight in the long-term.
So far my calorie allowance is 1718/344, rounding up to 350 on my DD. I am trying for one lunchtime meal for DD though to be well supplemented with water,tea and long blacks throughout the day! Also going to try and do 20 minutes at home (too poor for bikram now) yoga on DD and 5k jog+yoga to stretch and cool down on UD.
My plan for go to DD meals include tinned tuna w/ rice thins, bananas and citrus fruits, low-fat natural yoghurt, and vegetable soups as I am not too keen on protein shakes. Sorry if this question has already been answered is it okay to just start with the DD calculator figure instead of doing the 500 cal. induction first if we feel it is manageable? Also did you find the DD got easier or harder as you went along? Because I was surprised that the two DD I have done were so easy and I just want to know whether I can predict it will stay that way.
Thanks for reading.
sugarplum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:08 AM   #428
LoCarbGal

sugarplum1! It sounds like you've got this very well planned out and also that JUDDD will be just the thing for you. Great!

As far as starting with your calculated calories instead of 500? If it seems comfortable to you, give it a try. The beauty of JUDDD is that every DD doesn't have to be exactly the same. Some days, if you don't feel like eating at all, so be it. Other days, if you're stressed or just hungrier, eat a little higher in your DD range. It's so flexible!

I found DDs got easier as time goes on, mostly mentally. I got used to the idea, and it works so well that I was highly motivated to keep with them, even if I had a little physical hunger. I was able to remember that a growling tummy means fat going bye-bye. Pretty good incentive!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

Old 07-08-2015, 02:51 PM   #429
piratejenny
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Hey, y'all! I'm jumping in again. Not exactly a newbie, but it's been a while.

Last year I had lost 20lbs on JUDDD right before I was in a car accident. I lost about 35 more while I was in a coma for 5 weeks (and I wasn't allowed to eat or even drink water for about a week after I woke up ). Most of that was probably muscle, not "good" weight loss. And hospital food was so terrible that I "had to" make up for the deprivation when I got home 4 months after the accident!!!

My weight was going up rather slowly, but recently it went up quite alarmingly. It jumped from 268 to over 275 in a week. I am EXTREMELY sedentary (my hip, pelvis, and both legs were broken, and both feet were so shattered that one was almost amputated), so diet is more likely to lead to weight loss than exercise.

I'm on my 3rd DD today and it is going well. My 1st day I just tried to "eat less" and it seemed to reset my whole appetite; I've been a lot less hungry on my UDs and at night, too. On my 2nd DD I had planned to eat 6 eggs but I only ate 4. I'm dependent on others for driving and shopping so I'm keeping DDs as simple as possible--eggs, canned chicken, salsa, chicken broth. That's pretty much how I've done JUDDD in the past, too, along with zucchini & SF Jell-O, which I hope to stock up on soon. I grate zucchini, cook it, and freeze it to have ready for soup.

9/04/2014...car accident, in coma for 5 weeks!!!

Last edited by piratejenny; 07-08-2015 at 02:56 PM..
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 03:15 PM   #430
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Up in the middle of the night to find out my whole body was hives, from neck to ankle. Apparently I'm allergic to an antibiotic they put me on last week. Hoping the recovery from this won't be bad, but in the meantime, I don't think I will stress my body more by doing DDs
Old 07-08-2015, 03:26 PM   #431
piratejenny
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I don't think DDs stress your body--if anything, they reduce inflammation and speed healing. Just a general comment, not telling you what to do. Do what feels right to you.

9/04/2014...car accident, in coma for 5 weeks!!!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:27 PM   #432
KetogenicGurl
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KetogenicGurl
WOE: LC-HF-LP Plant based
Start Date: 2-1-2015
Hi Sugarplum..why Lowfat yogurt?

unless you choose the 100 calorie Greek yog. with 9-11 gr sugar you might look for FULL FAT Bulgatian Yogurt ( White Mountain and Stonyfield are 2 brands)

the calories are actually low, and no added sugars or messing it abut to make it "low fat"
KetogenicGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:34 PM   #433
mochamocha
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mochamocha
Hey guys! I have just joined. Previously lost a bunch of weight on low carb, but the weight crept back on I was depriving myself of my fave foods for nothing! I like that I am allowed to eat anything on JUDDD, as long as I keep my calories right. So I am attempting weight loss AGAIN. This time, with more of my fave food!

I've made a journal here for tracking my progress! Tips for a newbie would be well appreciated. Just finished my first DD. I'm considering the prevous 6 months to be an extended UD
mochamocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:04 AM   #434
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
I don't think DDs stress your body--if anything, they reduce inflammation and speed healing. Just a general comment, not telling you what to do. Do what feels right to you.
Thanks! My last couple DD were SO difficult for me. But thinking about it, perhaps the antibiotic was affecting me more those days because there wasn't as much food in my body? Not sure. And you're right, fasting during an "illness" is often good for us. Guess I will take it day by day and see how it goes. I will shoot for a DD, but not worry about it if I feel I need to eat a little more.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:31 AM   #435
LoCarbGal

PJ! I'm so glad to see you back and it'll be great to have you back JUDDDing and posting again.

BtE, hives are just awful! I've had them a few times, and my allergist actually concurred that one time may have been because I was losing weight and allergens were being released that I was previously exposed to. Nutty! Anyway, I think you could go either way. Hives like stress, so if DDs are stressing you, then forget it. But I totally agree with PJ that fasting reduces inflammation and promotes healing. How are the hives doing today?

Welcome mochamocha! I hope this will be just the thing you're looking for. And thank goodness you don't have to follow that epic UD with a 6 month DD!

Old 07-10-2015, 11:11 AM   #436
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Hives are better, thanks. First day was just awful. Prednisone and benedryl are helping. I ended up doing not quite a down day, but pretty low cal. Today may be the same. Just taking it easy. My entire body is one big rash. Thankful for meds to calm the itching and burning. Food-wise, I felt better than I did the last 2 DDs. I really think the lack of food just made it easier for the antibiotic to attack my body--nothing to interfere with!--and that's why I felt so bad! Being off the meds, my body could fight back. Just my thoughts. I could be way off. Doesn't matter. I don't like getting off my schedule, and I'm not sure what will happen next week when I'm on vacation. Hate to ruin the progress I've made adapting to JUDDD, but not sure if I want to continue while on vacation either. Bleh--my mind is foggy from benedryl.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:40 PM   #437
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarplum1 View Post
Hi folks another newbie here! Nice to meet you all
So I just started JUDDD on Friday, have had two DD and today is my second UD. So far so good. I actually lost about 20kg last year with about 3 kg left to my goal, but I moved cities and started studies so I gained back 5 kg in the last 5 months so now I want to lose the 8 excess kgs for good.
The last time I lost the weight by skipping dinner everyday and just having a large brekkie and lunch without counting calories with light jogs and bikram yoga. But I found that wasn't quite manageable with my social lifestyle at the time so now I just want to try something different. I know from my experience that my body responds well and very quickly to fasting so I hope I can use the JUDDD schedule to lose and maintain my weight in the long-term.
I hope you are loving JUDDD! It changed my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Hey, y'all! I'm jumping in again. Not exactly a newbie, but it's been a while.

Last year I had lost 20lbs on JUDDD right before I was in a car accident. I lost about 35 more while I was in a coma for 5 weeks (and I wasn't allowed to eat or even drink water for about a week after I woke up ). Most of that was probably muscle, not "good" weight loss. And hospital food was so terrible that I "had to" make up for the deprivation when I got home 4 months after the accident!!!
So good to have you back PJ. You were missed and worried about for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamocha View Post
Hey guys! I have just joined. Previously lost a bunch of weight on low carb, but the weight crept back on I was depriving myself of my fave foods for nothing! I like that I am allowed to eat anything on JUDDD, as long as I keep my calories right. So I am attempting weight loss AGAIN. This time, with more of my fave food!

I've made a journal here for tracking my progress! Tips for a newbie would be well appreciated. Just finished my first DD. I'm considering the prevous 6 months to be an extended UD
! I'll come visit your journal.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:54 PM   #438
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
So glad to see yiu back PJ. We all worry about you. A "sighting" is wonderful!
Old 07-15-2015, 07:06 PM   #439
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

On vacation this week, just doing lc. I'm thinking I want to jump right back into JUDDD when I get back. I will only have 3 weeks then til I have to go back to teaching. And I just don't know if I wiyhave the energy to get through a day of teaching on DD calories. Guess I will just have to see...
Old 07-18-2015, 10:17 AM   #440
Low Carb Librarian
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: Jan 2016 (off and on)
I was just thinking about you the other day PJ! I just stumbled on your post today... Great to have you back!!!!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 11:24 PM   #441
britonic06
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: britonic06
another newbie!

Hello!

I've been looking over all your threads and researching JUDDD and I've decided to try it!

I have some questions.. I've dieted so so much and have lost the same 20-30 pounds probably five separate times alone in the past 3-4 years and my body has become very very stubborn and resistant to losing weight yet I gain horribly if I eat what even a normal person might.

Currently , the only way I have found to lose weight is doing hcg and very low carb but then gain it all back when I try to stabilize! In researching JUDDD, it seems like it actually helps to normalize your body again.

My question is.. has anyone found this to be true? I need to lose 20-25 pounds and I'm hoping this might finally be the way to help my body be normal again and to finally lose this weight for good.

I'm so sick of always being on such strict diets and I want to enjoy my life again! It seems like this diet from what I have read on the threads has really helped some of you and looking for some guidance! Looking forward to getting to know you all!
britonic06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:19 PM   #442
time2change
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: time2change
Stats: 165/165/110
WOE: Something lc
Start Date: Jan 25, 2017
Here I go again

I have tried everything for a week or less in the last 6 years. Now I am back here. I actually did a month of keto and lost a whole 4 pounds and I was purple on the stick the whole time. I purchased some hcg which will be here this week but I am leaning towards JUDDD first. I am 5'1 and 174 pounds. I am shooting for 125 by the end of the year. I would love to hit 110 but I am going to try this on and give it 100%. I am 1786/356. Wednesday will be my first down day.
time2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:37 AM   #443
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome britonic and time2change! i'm pretty new myself, so I can't give much advice. I've been lc for over a year with great success, but weight loss is incredibly slow now, so I am trying Juddd to try to change things up a bit. I think my body gets too accustomed to whatever I'm doing. I am hoping the up and down will shake it up and let me lose weight. I'm just back from vacation, and only had about 3 weeks in on JUDDD before that, so I'm almost starting fresh right now. Today is a DD for me.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:26 PM   #444
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by britonic06 View Post
Hello!

I've been looking over all your threads and researching JUDDD and I've decided to try it!

I have some questions.. I've dieted so so much and have lost the same 20-30 pounds probably five separate times alone in the past 3-4 years and my body has become very very stubborn and resistant to losing weight yet I gain horribly if I eat what even a normal person might.

Currently , the only way I have found to lose weight is doing hcg and very low carb but then gain it all back when I try to stabilize! In researching JUDDD, it seems like it actually helps to normalize your body again.

My question is.. has anyone found this to be true? I need to lose 20-25 pounds and I'm hoping this might finally be the way to help my body be normal again and to finally lose this weight for good.

I'm so sick of always being on such strict diets and I want to enjoy my life again! It seems like this diet from what I have read on the threads has really helped some of you and looking for some guidance! Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by time2change View Post
I have tried everything for a week or less in the last 6 years. Now I am back here. I actually did a month of keto and lost a whole 4 pounds and I was purple on the stick the whole time. I purchased some hcg which will be here this week but I am leaning towards JUDDD first. I am 5'1 and 174 pounds. I am shooting for 125 by the end of the year. I would love to hit 110 but I am going to try this on and give it 100%. I am 1786/356. Wednesday will be my first down day.
to both of you! Hope you are both enjoying the start of your JUDDD journey. Posting and reading regularly is a great way to stay the course.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:23 AM   #445
LoCarbGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by britonic06 View Post
Hello!

! I'm glad you've found us and hope you'll be posting all around the JUDDD section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2change View Post
back! I can't wait to hear how your restart goes on Wednesday!

Old 07-30-2015, 01:00 PM   #446
pinkytux
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pinkytux
Stats: 163/158/130
Start Date: May 2015

I think I am going to try this....I just read all about it and from the sounds of it people are really losing weight. I hope I am one of those people too!

Mini Goals:
8/7 - 157 - Didn't meet
8/14 - 157
8/21 - 154
8/28 - 151
8/31 - 149 would be Awesome!
pinkytux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 01:14 PM   #447
pinkytux
Senior LCF Member

And...I am going to make this my down down...just a bit more than I should but I am at 380 right now...so water for me the rest of the day. Wish me luck.

Mini Goals:
8/7 - 157 - Didn't meet
8/14 - 157
8/21 - 154
8/28 - 151
Old 07-30-2015, 04:33 PM   #448
LoCarbGal

Yvonne, and GOOD LUCK!

Old 07-31-2015, 09:41 AM   #449
pinkytux
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Yvonne, and GOOD LUCK!
Thank yoU! I am going to need it. I already messed up last night and had tacos so I guess I will start my DD today.

Mini Goals:
8/7 - 157 - Didn't meet
8/14 - 157
8/21 - 154
8/28 - 151
Old 07-31-2015, 05:16 PM   #450
Freedom 46
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Freedom 46
Going to give this a try....now that I know what it is..lol

I am new to this forum and was reading a blog that talked about JUDDD. It took me a while to figure out what she was talking about and then I found this place. I am 51-years young and have been dieting for most of my adult life. 5 years ago, I lost 55 lbs on a liquid diet. I did well with maintenance until school, work, and a husband that couldn't handle a "hot" wife got in the way. Ever so slowly, I have gained most of it back. I have since finished my degree, hired additional staff and decided that my husband needs to deal with his insecurities on my own. I'm going to do this program with the hope that it will help me get back to healthy. I must confess, however, that I will need to mindful of being grumpy on the DD's.
Freedom 46 is offline   Reply With Quote