Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 06-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #31
krissyboo
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: krissyboo
Stats: 190/170/140. 5'5 1/2"
WOE: Judd, IF, ADF
Start Date: May 1st, 2014 IF, June 1st JUDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wants2lose View Post
Hi! Just wondering how you are doing? I am nervous about today being second DD and at home....
Today is a DD. So far i'm at 542 cals, so i'm done eating. It sucks cause it's 3:30 pm. But I'm aching for a loss so I will stay strong. If it gets hard I think of all the other Judd'ers on their DD and I don't feel alone. Water really takes the edge off. If I can't hold on I have green beans ready to eat at 50 cals.
krissyboo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #32
wants2lose
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: wants2lose
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissyboo View Post
Today is a DD. So far i'm at 542 cals, so i'm done eating. It sucks cause it's 3:30 pm. But I'm aching for a loss so I will stay strong. If it gets hard I think of all the other Judd'ers on their DD and I don't feel alone. Water really takes the edge off. If I can't hold on I have green beans ready to eat at 50 cals.

I went to eat at my moms after church but I took a green salad and a WW smart one soup that had 150 calories. I ate salsa on the salad. Was pretty good and at around 250...but I am hungry and about to find something for the rest of my calories lol. I had this dry soup mix that has 100 prepared per cup so I have it on the stove and I am going to eat a couple of cups of it. Hope it cures the hunger. But yes, I do think its a bit easier knowing how all the others do on their DD and also thinking I can eat something that I want tomorrow.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #33
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/125.4/125 5'2" 40yrs Size 20/4P
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissyboo View Post
I started Judd 6/1. I have seen losses doing IF and figured this was the next logical step in my weight loss journey. I like this WOE and I still incorporate IF on UD. My first DD was a breeze, I think it was the excitement about a new WOE. My DD yesterday sucked. I ate may be 800 cals. Hoping to get a steady 500 cals on DD and 1500 on UD. MY short term goal is to reach 170 by July 10th. I am 180 currently is that too unrealistic a goal?

It's possible that you could drop 10 pounds by then, but I'd recommend just taking it one day at a time and one pound at a time. JUDDD definitely works if you follow the rotations and stick with your calories. I sounds like you are off to a good start.

Quote:
Thank you so much! I have read a lot of your posts and congratulations on all your success! You will definitely be a role model.
I was new to JUDDD once upon a time too and so many who were here back then helped me so much!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:53 AM   #34
jocarp717
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jocarp717
I am doing my first DD today. Well I actually bought the book and tried this back in the winter but didn't do well. I am not sure why because the lifestyle is very appealing to me. I'm going to be 50 and I am in the beginning stages of the big M and I think that had a lot to do with my state of mind the first time. I'm in a much better place and have been really consistent with exercise but the weight still hasn't came off. I am terrible at weighing and measuring food - though I log everyday in *** I do a lot of guessing. And frankly, I don't want to weigh and measure every thing. So that's why I think this WOE will be good for me.

I'm 5'2 and currently up to around 170 (I also hate the scale). But most important to me, my measurements are way higher than I want them and they haven't moved regardless of the exercise I have been doing. My waist is 39" which is way too round for me.

The website calculate says I should have around 2200 on my Up days and so I'm going to "loosely" log my up days for a while to make sure that I don't completely over eat but am hoping to get to a point where I don't have to do that. I had a pretty heavy eating weekend and yesterday (my first Up Day) I felt like I grazed all day though I didn't eat a lot of what ever I ate, just bites here and there. In logging I estimate I was at around 1600.

I went in and logged my DD today so I could plan ahead. My biggest challenge will be after work as I have a husband at home who doesn't understand so I don't tell him about my WOE. I will just tell him no I'm not really hungry this evening and have my planned soup!
jocarp717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:01 AM   #35
wants2lose
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocarp717 View Post
I am doing my first DD today. Well I actually bought the book and tried this back in the winter but didn't do well. I am not sure why because the lifestyle is very appealing to me. I'm going to be 50 and I am in the beginning stages of the big M and I think that had a lot to do with my state of mind the first time. I'm in a much better place and have been really consistent with exercise but the weight still hasn't came off. I am terrible at weighing and measuring food - though I log everyday in *** I do a lot of guessing. And frankly, I don't want to weigh and measure every thing. So that's why I think this WOE will be good for me.

I'm 5'2 and currently up to around 170 (I also hate the scale). But most important to me, my measurements are way higher than I want them and they haven't moved regardless of the exercise I have been doing. My waist is 39" which is way too round for me.

The website calculate says I should have around 2200 on my Up days and so I'm going to "loosely" log my up days for a while to make sure that I don't completely over eat but am hoping to get to a point where I don't have to do that. I had a pretty heavy eating weekend and yesterday (my first Up Day) I felt like I grazed all day though I didn't eat a lot of what ever I ate, just bites here and there. In logging I estimate I was at around 1600.

I went in and logged my DD today so I could plan ahead. My biggest challenge will be after work as I have a husband at home who doesn't understand so I don't tell him about my WOE. I will just tell him no I'm not really hungry this evening and have my planned soup!
HI! I am on my third DD. Going good so far. I understand about weighing and measuring food. My husband is dieting with me but not doing the JUDDD, he is just counting calories but he is 6'5 and can have way more than me. The weight comes off quickly for him so its discouraging dieting with him Good luck today! YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 06-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #36
DeanieS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeanieS
Stats: 275/245/size12 (44 yrs/5'8"/size20)
WOE: LC 4/4-5/27/14 lost 17, JUDDD 5/28/14 258/245
Start Date: 4/4/2014
Quote:

Hi there, I'm on my 3rd week so greetings from a fellow newbie. I just wanted to suggest that you check your numbers again on the JUDDD calculator. I'm 5'8 and 255 and my calories are pretty much the same as what you're saying yours are. I know when I was using the calculator, it would change my weight from lbs to kg and my height from inches to cm when I did my age by years (hope that makes sense). Once I changed it to months to line up with the inches and pounds, it calculated it correctly. Anyway, just suggesting you double check your calories in the calculator since you are significantly smaller than me!
DeanieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:09 AM   #37
krissyboo
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: krissyboo
Stats: 190/170/140. 5'5 1/2"
WOE: Judd, IF, ADF
Start Date: May 1st, 2014 IF, June 1st JUDD
Quote:
HI! I am on my third DD. Going good so far. I understand about weighing and measuring food. My husband is dieting with me but not doing the JUDDD, he is just counting calories but he is 6'5 and can have way more than me. The weight comes off quickly for him so its discouraging dieting with him Good luck today! YOU CAN DO IT!
I am trying to find that one thing in life where men don't have it easy, my ex husband could drop 20 pounds in 30 days like it was the easiest thing in the world.
krissyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:55 AM   #38
jocarp717
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jocarp717
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanieS View Post
Hi there, I'm on my 3rd week so greetings from a fellow newbie. I just wanted to suggest that you check your numbers again on the JUDDD calculator. I'm 5'8 and 255 and my calories are pretty much the same as what you're saying yours are. I know when I was using the calculator, it would change my weight from lbs to kg and my height from inches to cm when I did my age by years (hope that makes sense). Once I changed it to months to line up with the inches and pounds, it calculated it correctly. Anyway, just suggesting you double check your calories in the calculator since you are significantly smaller than me!
Yep just went in and did it again and it is 2251 Up days and 450 DD. I run and lift weights to I did do the activity factor as Moderate 3 - 5 days.

It does change the conversion to cm and kg but it is the correct amount for me.

That's why I'm not real sure about eating 2251 on UP days but that being said - it might be why I am having a hard time sticking to my DD today. Does anyone else leg on UP days and is there anyone with my stats? And if so - how have you been doing?
jocarp717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #39
LoCarbGal

Gallery: LoCarbGal
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Yep just went in and did it again and it is 2251 Up days and 450 DD. I run and lift weights to I did do the activity factor as Moderate 3 - 5 days.

It does change the conversion to cm and kg but it is the correct amount for me.

That's why I'm not real sure about eating 2251 on UP days but that being said - it might be why I am having a hard time sticking to my DD today. Does anyone else leg on UP days and is there anyone with my stats? And if so - how have you been doing?
! There are lots on the list who advocate not counting your activity, and I used to be one of them! You'll definitely lose faster if you don't count activity and stick with lower calories. My concern is that you then lose muscle and in the end stall out and have to struggle to build your muscle back up. Or in your case, when you already have a pretty high activity level, you don't want to eat too little to sustain that activity and level of muscle. Slower losses can be a pain, but mean a better overall result in the long term. Good luck!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Part 2
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #40
Evian101
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Evian101
Stats: 175
Start Date: June 11 2014
new to Juddd, and curious!

Hi everyone,

I just started JUDDD today!

I've tried a variety of diets. While some started off great, after two weeks, my body always stopped releasing weight. Here's hoping this one works!

Today was my first DD and it wasn't all that bad. I'm a tad hungry this evening, but nothing I can't handle.

One thing that kept me going today - or kept my blood sugar pretty stable - was ACV. So, that's my secret weapon on these Ddays.

Good luck to everyone!
Evian101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #41
wants2lose
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evian101 View Post
Hi everyone,

I've tried a variety of diets. While some started off great, after two weeks, my body always stopped releasing weight. Here's hoping this one works!

Today was my first DD and it wasn't all that bad. I'm a tad hungry this evening, but nothing I can't handle.

One thing that kept me going today - or kept my blood sugar pretty stable - was ACV. So, that's my secret weapon on these Ddays.

Good luck to everyone!
I am new too...this is my first week. Welcome! I have had trouble in the past losing too. Hoping this works for me and you both!
Old 06-13-2014, 03:45 PM   #42
Evian101
Junior LCF Member

Today was my second DD day and it went so much better than my first DD day in terms of hunger pangs.

What was surprising was how not hungry I was! Ok, I had to do my ACV regime today which helped me through the afternoon. It kept be going til 7pm.

I then had a wholemeal pita with 1/2 chicken breast, salad and feta cheese - amounted to about 400 calories. It's nearly midnight now and I feel fantastic.

I can definitely deal with this way of eating ))

Still, I look forward to my UD tomorrow!
Old 06-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #43
LoCarbGal

Great to hear your 2nd DD was easier for you. And that you're feeling so great doing this. How exactly do you take your ACV? I have some, but am only sporadic in managing to get it in.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

Old 06-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #44
Shari4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (191.9/170.9/145)66yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 8/24/15 @191.9)
Just stopping by to all of the !! This is a wonderful place for support!! Keep reading & writing! Ask questions! I look forward to getting to know you all!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:29 AM   #45
Bigmama99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bigmama99
Stats: 262/256/164
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: restart 2nd January 2016
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum today.
I started juddd last week and had my 1st weigh in yesterday and I've lost 5lbs this week.
Looking forward to talking to everyone on here as looking at the posts everyone is so friendly and supportive xxx
Bigmama99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:28 AM   #46
Carly

Quote:

!! I'm 5'2 also (well actually 5'1.5" ). I started JUDDD at 189 and lost all the way to goal and beyond.

Quote:
I am one who never adds my exercise calories back. My Fitbit has me burning 1,850 on my average day with exercise, but I can not eat that amount and maintain. The JUDDD calculator puts me around 1,550 for UD and that is much closer to what I need to eat most UDs. I have higher UDs sometimes, but I figure the exercise is my cushion in those situations.

I was one who would have been very frustrated with slower losses, but if you are patient than surely add in those exercise calories. It's definitely a YMMV kind of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evian101 View Post
Hi everyone,

Good luck to everyone!
Sounds like you are doing great!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmama99 View Post
I started juddd last week and had my 1st weigh in yesterday and I've lost 5lbs this week.
Looking forward to talking to everyone on here as looking at the posts everyone is so friendly and supportive xxx

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:34 AM   #47
Bigmama99
Senior LCF Member

Wow Carly... Your weight loss is amazing... I'm thinking of starting a journal with pics of what I look like today so that I can track my progress not only on the scales but what I look like as well.... Where is the best place to put my diary ?
Old 06-15-2014, 08:05 AM   #48
Beadelia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Quote:

Welcome Bigmama! You'll find wonderful support here both from people who have had great success on JUDDD and from those of us who are still struggling and learning (and occasionally falling on our faces, but JUDDD is forgiving).

Love your kitten picture--is it a friend of yours? The tiny tufts at the points of the ears make me think it might be a Maine Coon. My own furbaby, Emmylou Hairiest, is a Maine Coon, 7 months old now, and looked quite a lot like this a few months ago.

Anyway, it's good to have you with us, and here's wishing you every success. Congratulations on the five lbs--you're off to a great start!
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:34 AM   #49
Bigmama99
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
Welcome Bigmama! You'll find wonderful support here both from people who have had great success on JUDDD and from those of us who are still struggling and learning (and occasionally falling on our faces, but JUDDD is forgiving).

Love your kitten picture--is it a friend of yours? The tiny tufts at the points of the ears make me think it might be a Maine Coon. My own furbaby, Emmylou Hairiest, is a Maine Coon, 7 months old now, and looked quite a lot like this a few months ago.

Anyway, it's good to have you with us, and here's wishing you every success. Congratulations on the five lbs--you're off to a great start!

Hi... I love the kitten pic too but It's not my kitten... I do have 2 cats myself.. A Bengal tiger and a rag doll & also a husband and 3 kids... So I have a lots too look after.. Hoping this diet makes it easier for me to look after myself as well for a change x
Old 06-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #50
Carly

Quote:
Wow Carly... Your weight loss is amazing... I'm thinking of starting a journal with pics of what I look like today so that I can track my progress not only on the scales but what I look like as well.... Where is the best place to put my diary ?
There is a weight loss journal section of low carb friends.

Old 06-15-2014, 11:01 PM   #51
Beadelia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi... I love the kitten pic too but It's not my kitten... I do have 2 cats myself.. A Bengal tiger and a rag doll & also a husband and 3 kids... So I have a lots too look after.. Hoping this diet makes it easier for me to look after myself as well for a change x
WOW--you do have your hands full! Er, I assume you mean a Bengal tiger cat, not the full scale model. I don't know how it is in the UK, but some states here in the USA allow people to keep large exotic cats as pets, with sometimes tragic results. I've never met a Bengal tiger cat, but the pictures I've seen are gorgeous, and a good friend has a beautiful ragdoll who is an absolute sweetheart. Big, too.

I'm glad you are giving some thought to taking care of yourself in addition to your responsibilities for your family. We women tend to put ourselves dead last, but as I learned the hard way during the years I cared for a husband with Alzheimer's, if you don't take care of yourself you can't be much help to anybody else. JUDDD is a great place to start!
Old 06-16-2014, 04:57 AM   #52
olehcat
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 185.8/177/110-120
WOE: my plan
Start Date: August 18, 2016
Hi, everyone! I have been lurking a bit in this forum the last few days, reading success stories from people who do JUDDD as a lifestyle and being inspired to take the plunge. I did a small stint of 5:2 back in November with some success, but went off the rails after the holidays, followed by the worst winter I have ever lived through. Anyway, I put on some weight, especially the last few weeks. Too much summer fun, going out, and wine drinking. So anyway, I'm 43, 5'2"ish (5'2 1/2"), and right now I weigh 156, which is a new high, yikes. I'd love to get down into the lower 140's by the end of the summer, and my goal weight is about 115-120.

Today is my first DD. I hope it goes well!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:05 AM   #53
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by olehcat View Post
Hi, everyone! I have been lurking a bit in this forum the last few days, reading success stories from people who do JUDDD as a lifestyle and being inspired to take the plunge. I did a small stint of 5:2 back in November with some success, but went off the rails after the holidays, followed by the worst winter I have ever lived through. Anyway, I put on some weight, especially the last few weeks. Too much summer fun, going out, and wine drinking. So anyway, I'm 43, 5'2"ish (5'2 1/2"), and right now I weigh 156, which is a new high, yikes. I'd love to get down into the lower 140's by the end of the summer, and my goal weight is about 115-120.

I'm another 5'2" JUDDD bud! I hope you love juddding- it has changed my life!

Old 06-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #54
Beadelia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Welcome Olehcat! 5'2" is a great height. I was once almost that tall, but now I'm five one and shrinking, vertically at least.

I hope your DD really is going well. My second was the hardest, but after that they got easier. (Still really struggling with UDs.) Your JUDDD Buddds will be your strongest help in this adventure--they've been wonderful to me. It really helps to talk to people who've been down this road and know where the potholes are and how to negotiate the detours.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:06 PM   #55
Yam-Yam
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 231/225/180 @5'9"tall and 61 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 til 12/11 then JUDD til 7/4/14...
Start Date: Low carb/ Higher protein some adf maybe 10/15/15
Quote:

I hope your first DD goes really well! You are on your way!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:44 PM   #56
olehcat
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 185.8/177/110-120
WOE: my plan
Start Date: August 18, 2016
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!! First DD seems to be going pretty well! It's 4:40 and I'm feeling good...I just need to make it to bedtime (I go to bed pretty early, like 9;30 or 10).

Beadilia - nice to know that they get easier! I have done 5:2 in the past and I seem to remember something similar, that the second one was harder and then it got a lot easier. Here's to success!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:14 PM   #57
LoCarbGal

Quote:
! Congratulations on the 5 pounds! If that ain't motivating, I don't know what is!

Quote:

! Glad you found your way back here. Read as much as you can!

Old 06-17-2014, 04:38 PM   #58
Evian101
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
How exactly do you take your ACV? I have some, but am only sporadic in managing to get it in.
2tbsp in 8oz water and that's about it really. Fast and in one go.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:42 PM   #59
Evian101
Junior LCF Member

Hi everyone,

I'm a little disappointed. Did a weigh in and didn't lose a thing. Didn't gain either though. It's been a week ((

My sister said that the puffiness in my face went down, and I noticed that too. I did 2-3 days of exercise (resistance) and a fair amount of walking.

Any ideas?
Old 06-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #60
Evian101
Junior LCF Member

I pretty much followed the calorie suggestions

DD 500
UD 2100