Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-18-2014, 02:31 AM   #181
kwerp
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/135/120
WOE: ADF
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Linda, I was 39 when I started JUDDD and I was hypothyroid (undiagnosed until I'd been on JUDDD for around 6 months IIRC). I was nearly 300 pounds, and lost 45 pounds with JUDDD BEFORE I got diagnosed, and medicated. I really think JUDDD is a miracle for those of us who are sure we can't lose, or think our metabolisms are broken. I was one of them, and I've been comfortably at goal (minus a few vacation jumps) for a year and a half. You CAN do this!
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2014, 06:49 AM   #182
pforrester
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pforrester
Stats: 156/125.5/125
WOE: LCHF + JUDDD
Start Date: Atkins 2/1/11 - JUDDD 8/9/14
Quote:
LoCarbGal:You CAN lower under 500, but if you're losing well and are happy at 500, stay there as long as you can! Plenty of time to lower later, when/if you need to.
Thanks LowCarb. That is excellent advice.

Last edited by pforrester; 08-18-2014 at 06:55 AM..
pforrester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:08 AM   #183
LoCarbGal
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Glad to see you're joining us Linda! Dawn's story and perspective are really great for showing how miraculous this WOE can be. I hope you see lots of success!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Part 2
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #184
Linda1960
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Linda1960
Stats: 246/197.6/145
WOE: Atkins (DANDR)
Start Date: Highest wt: 246/ Started Atkins 1/12/2016 @ 202.2
Thanks everyone for the inspirational posts and all of the great information! I look forward to chatting with you ladies on this WOE! I hope to have some positive posts in the near future!

1998 - 246 lbs.-Highest weight Pre-Atkins. Lost 70 lbs on Atkins, and kept it off for years. Then gained some back (225) when I stopped doing low-carb. Did WW (225 - 209.8)/Started JUDDD 8/18/14 @ 209.8 lbs; restarted JUDDD 9/16/15 @ 201 lbs!
Old 08-18-2014, 05:00 PM   #185
Augusta
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Augusta
Stats: 184.3/165.7/110
WOE: JUDDD & loving it!
Start Date: August 12, 2014
I've been on JUDD for a week, and am down two pounds (save the bounces). I just entered my data at weightgrapher.com and got this neat graph showing the dynamics of my weight loss.

I do have a question - on two of my DD's, I got so hungry I ended up eating an extra 100-200 calories (my DD = 380; UD = 1,800). Do you think that will derail my progress? I'm not sure if I was actually hungry, but more rather in the habit of wanting to eat. How did you break that and build your will?
Augusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:55 AM   #186
pforrester
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pforrester
Stats: 156/125.5/125
WOE: LCHF + JUDDD
Start Date: Atkins 2/1/11 - JUDDD 8/9/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusta View Post
I've been on JUDD for a week, and am down two pounds (save the bounces). I just entered my data at weightgrapher.com and got this neat graph showing the dynamics of my weight loss.

I do have a question - on two of my DD's, I got so hungry I ended up eating an extra 100-200 calories (my DD = 380; UD = 1,800). Do you think that will derail my progress? I'm not sure if I was actually hungry, but more rather in the habit of wanting to eat. How did you break that and build your will?
I am new to JUDDD also but most of us do the first two weeks eating 500 calories on the DD. Then when weight loss slows you can either keep with the 500 calories or go down to the calculator number. You have not derailed the process at all. You lost 2 lbs. Just keep going. I looked at some weight loss journals of people on JUDDD and noticed after a weigh in they had UD, DD, MD (middle day) and then when they totally lost control... UUAD. That stands for UP UP & Away Day. But they just kept going and lost weight. This is a very forgiving tool to manage weight loss and weight maintenance.

8/9/14 Begin JUDDD ...135.5 --
10/12/14 125.5 lbs BMR1188 TDEE 1425

Last edited by pforrester; 08-19-2014 at 05:57 AM..
pforrester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:28 AM   #187
nogutsnoglory
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nogutsnoglory
Stats: 265/185/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/16/14
My Inspiration is YOU

Hey Ya'll, noob here. To be short and sweet, I've been calorie counting for years with little progress. I work out 6x a week and restrict what seems like all the time without losing so much as an oz. It's pretty discouraging. I saw JUDDD on another unmentionable site and was led here I was very inspired by you all, Kierasmom especially. I lost 100 lbs on WW several years ago, got down to goal, moved 3000 miles south to Texas and put on 45 lbs. Of course, where I come from there isn't a food truck on every corner (one mcdonalds for 50 miles). I started juddding on Saturday and my first DD was a breeze.. Yesterday's, not so easy but I stayed under 500Cals so yay. Then.... the craziest thing happened, my stubborn scale that hasn't moved in months ( I really thought it was broken) moved down 4ish pounds!! Water weight I know.. but none the less, encouraging. I have really enjoyed reading your stories, menus and the ins and outs of JUDDD. I truly believe it's sustainable for life and am elated to begin this journey. Moving hasn't been the easiest transition for me, leaving teaching and everyone I know and love for more opportunity... I have replaced my friends and family with food and not only is it not ideal, it's destroying my confidence in my capacity to achieve, in all aspects of life.

I've always been a troller but want to be active on the boards and share my successes and get feedback from you incredible people.

UD for me today, woot! No more excuses and non-committal crap. I won't be happy until I'm back to goal. I'm not a great cook but have been experimenting lots and really focusing on changing my relationship with food.

PS-LOVE LOVE LOVE the cabbage recipe, it has saved me during the first days of induction. Thank you all AGAIN. -Jordan[/FONT
]
[/FONT]
nogutsnoglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:55 AM   #188
Linda1960
Senior LCF Member

I'm a newbie too, and really hoping this works for me as well.

At 39, I went on Atkins and lost 70 lbs. Although I still had another 25 lbs to lose, I felt comfortable at the weight I was at, and chose to maintain there for three years. But when I started to try and lose the last 25 lbs., the scale started to creep back up instead of down!

I freaked out when I was up another 35 lbs. of the 70 I lost. So, now in my 50's, I tried losing again with Atkins.........and nothing! Then I tried WW, and STILL nothing (I lost from 225 lbs. down to 209.4.........got down to 208.2 ONE DAY, but then jumped right back up into the teens again on the scale, and have been there for a couple of years!) I can't seem to lose anything even though I am following the plan and eating the same calories every day while working out. It is so frustrating to sit in my weekly meetings and listen to these women lose weight without even doing any activity..........and then there's ME..............not losing ANYTHING even though I work out 5-6X a week!

I stumbled onto a JUDDD write-up (Carly's write-up which I have been trying to find again so that I could read it again for inspiration, but can't find it now)......and thought I might give this JUDDD concept a try! It made some sense to me; I have metabolic resistance (my body fights every diet and seems to settle into whatever I throw at it)......but this JUDDD diet is about CONFUSING your metabolism and waking it up..............THAT sure sounded like something I NEED!

Best of luck to all of you other newbies, and let's hope this works for all of us!

1998 - 246 lbs.-Highest weight Pre-Atkins. Lost 70 lbs on Atkins, and kept it off for years. Then gained some back (225) when I stopped doing low-carb. Did WW (225 - 209.8)/Started JUDDD 8/18/14 @ 209.8 lbs; restarted JUDDD 9/16/15 @ 201 lbs!
Old 08-19-2014, 08:24 AM   #189
LoCarbGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusta View Post

Congratulations on finding JUDDD and losing 2 pounds! What a great start! You're obviously not derailing anything since you're losing weight. Keep going just like you are now until your losses slow or stop (and by that we mean not for a few days or even a week. Those are just normal times when the body is assimilating the losses it has experienced - more like three weeks of no loss/no size decrease). As for breaking the eating habit, JUDDD will decrease your natural appetite after a couple/three weeks. It's something the medical researchers knows happens as a result of this WOE. Lucky for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogutsnoglory View Post
[FONT="System"][FONT="Verdana"]

Hey Ya'll, noob here. To be short and sweet, I've been calorie counting for years with little progress. I work out 6x a week and restrict what seems like all the time without losing so much as an oz. It's pretty discouraging. I saw JUDDD on another unmentionable site and was led here I was very inspired by you all, Kierasmom especially. I lost 100 lbs on WW several years ago, got down to goal, moved 3000 miles south to Texas and put on 45 lbs. Of course, where I come from there isn't a food truck on every corner (one mcdonalds for 50 miles). I started juddding on Saturday and my first DD was a breeze.. Yesterday's, not so easy but I stayed under 500Cals so yay. Then.... the craziest thing happened, my stubborn scale that hasn't moved in months ( I really thought it was broken) moved down 4ish pounds!! Water weight I know.. but none the less, encouraging. I have really enjoyed reading your stories, menus and the ins and outs of JUDDD. I truly believe it's sustainable for life and am elated to begin this journey. Moving hasn't been the easiest transition for me, leaving teaching and everyone I know and love for more opportunity... I have replaced my friends and family with food and not only is it not ideal, it's destroying my confidence in my capacity to achieve, in all aspects of life.

I've always been a troller but want to be active on the boards and share my successes and get feedback from you incredible people.

UD for me today, woot! No more excuses and non-committal crap. I won't be happy until I'm back to goal. I'm not a great cook but have been experimenting lots and really focusing on changing my relationship with food.

PS-LOVE LOVE LOVE the cabbage recipe, it has saved me during the first days of induction. Thank you all AGAIN. -Jordan
Jordan! So glad you found us. The fact that you've been restricting and exercising so much and having no results may mean you were undereating and overexercising - something they are now finding lots of people do and sabotaging their weight efforts. JUDDD shakes it up EOD and allows your body to know it's okay to release the weight because you're not under that constant stress. Good luck!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

Old 08-19-2014, 08:25 AM   #190
KeirasMom

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/156.8/155
WOE: Back to JUDDD 1/5/15
Jordan!

It looks like you're off to a GREAT start! I'm so glad you found us, and shared your story. Keep posting and get as much support as you can from this awesome group of people. I certainly couldn't have come so far without them.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:34 AM   #191
Linda1960
Senior LCF Member

KierasMom

KeriasMom: WOW! I was just looking at your stats.....it's amazing to see where you started from, and where you are NOW! It gives me hope that even though my weight is in the 200's and I'm 54 years old..............I could possibly get down to the mid-150's or even less! I cannot even imagine that at this point, since I haven't seen those numbers since my late 20-s and early 30's...........but I still have hope!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-21-2014, 09:06 AM   #192
KeirasMom

Thanks Linda!

JUDDD made it possible for me. I wasn't able to stick with anything else for longer than a few months, but I can do anything for one day at a time!

Old 08-23-2014, 05:02 PM   #193
Nitah
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nitah
Stats: 180/160/145
WOE: lchf/ and now juddd
Start Date: lchf 1/14-juddd 8/20/14
Another newbie here. I'm Nita. At 72, am I the oldest Judder? I'm on my third down day. I'm coming off a strict low carb woe, so I think it may take my body a few days to adjust. So far, I'm loving this way of eating! I had to convince my conscience that it was ok to have some potato. I switched because I was so tired of meat, eggs and cheese. As I said, I still feel "guilty" when I ate a few crackers with soup. (ud) I feel free. lol Will take time, but I have been reading posts, and getting solid footing.
Nitah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:49 AM   #194
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/100-108
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitah View Post
Another newbie here. I'm Nita. At 72, am I the oldest Judder? I'm on my third down day. I'm coming off a strict low carb woe, so I think it may take my body a few days to adjust.
Nitah! You leave me with an etiquette quandary, I don't think you're the oldest JUDDD person but it hardly seems polite to ID the people whom I think are older or of an approximate age to you, IYSWIM.

Good for you on 3 DDs, I hope that you found them manageable. It may well take a few days to adjust. Any questions, then it's good to speak up in the http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...d-newbies.html where more people will have a chance of seeing it and answering in a timely manner.

Good Luck and I hope you enjoy a successful trial of JUDDD.

Feb. 2016 A DXA scan shows very low muscle mass (sarcopenia). I currently have a lot of physiotherapy. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:57 AM   #195
Nitah
Junior LCF Member

Slowsure, thank you. I didn't know there was an August newbies. This is a very busy place.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:35 AM   #196
KeirasMom

Nitah, I'm 41 but feel 80 most days. Does that count?

Old 08-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #197
EmandM
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmandM
Stats: 142/126/110 (5'5" 41 yrs)
Start Date: JUDDD start date: Nov. '08
Possibly Returning to JUDDD

Hi, I was on this forum years ago. I'm back and in the midst of being tested for hypothyroidism (I have all the symptoms). Is anyone following JUDDD with hypothyroidism? How has it been?

Tia!
EmandM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:46 AM   #198
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmandM View Post
Hi, I was on this forum years ago. I'm back and in the midst of being tested for hypothyroidism (I have all the symptoms). Is anyone following JUDDD with hypothyroidism? How has it been?
Our JUDDD rockstar Dawn/KeirasMom has hypothyroidism that was only diagnosed 6 months into her weight loss journey iirc. She'll tell you more.

Likewise, another major weight loss success, Leo41, has endocrine disorders and is currently 4-5 years into maintenance.

Feb. 2016 A DXA scan shows very low muscle mass (sarcopenia). I currently have a lot of physiotherapy. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:31 AM   #199
EmandM
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, SS. I was on here with Leo originally and was amazed at her progress and dedication. Where would be the best spot to contact or read about Keira's mom and her journey?

Thanks!
Old 08-25-2014, 08:16 AM   #200
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Dawn posted in post 197, just above, so feel free to ask her a question here or in the August Newbies thread as she pops in there regularly as well. (I'm being very generous with Dawn's time here )

Old 08-25-2014, 08:28 AM   #201
KeirasMom

Em! Slow's right. I started JUDDD about 6 months before my hypo diagnosis. I lost well before my diagnosis and subsequent medication, and continued to lose well after. IIRC, my weight loss slowed a bit when my medication was started, but I'm sure it was just my body getting used to it, then it picked back up again.

I saw on another thread that you asked about fasting before your bloodwork. My concern is that I don't know if you've already been doing rotations, or if today would be your first DD. If you're already in the groove, having a DD should be fine. If this would be your first DD, I would recommend AGAINST doing one before your blood draw, just because of the potential for skewed results from doing something so totally different from your "normal" routine.

Be forewarned: If you get a diagnosis of hypothyroidism, it's sort of a long journey to become optimized on medication. The doctor will start you with low doses of hormones and gradually increase. And thyroid disease is for life, so you will be on medication of one form or another for the rest of your days. Leo always advocates finding a doctor you're comfortable with and one who is well-versed in thyroid issues. It's not always easy, but it's definitely worth it.

Best of luck!

Old 08-25-2014, 10:04 AM   #202
EmandM
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Dawn. I'm glad I asked about the bloodwork. This was going to be my first DD, but I don't want to mess up b/w tomorrow, so I'm off to eat lol Sat needs to be an UD, so I guess DD 1 will be Wed. So glad to be back.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:43 AM   #203
Nitah
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Nitah, I'm 41 but feel 80 most days. Does that count?
No, that doesn't count. Most days I feel much younger...so only the good stuff counts. lol
Old 08-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #204
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Another newbie here. I'm Nita. At 72, am I the oldest Judder? I'm on my third down day. I'm coming off a strict low carb woe, so I think it may take my body a few days to adjust. So far, I'm loving this way of eating! I had to convince my conscience that it was ok to have some potato. I switched because I was so tired of meat, eggs and cheese. As I said, I still feel "guilty" when I ate a few crackers with soup. (ud) I feel free. lol Will take time, but I have been reading posts, and getting solid footing.
There are a several other successful JUDDDers that are of a similar age to you. I am one of them and have had great success with it. I don't think age is a barrier here at all. I also take thyroid medication and have for several years.

I retuned home from a month long eating and wine drinking fest in Europe last night. I got on the scale this morning. I am up more than I would like, but am confident I will be back to where I like to be in a couple of weeks. All of my clothes still fit so a lot of the gain is not fat. Needless to say today is a DD.

After having 3 meals a day prepared for me, I'm glad I don't have to cook very much! It is easy to get spoiled! Hubby only expects a salad for dinner, so it will be easy.

You will be fine and I hope you like JUDDD as much as the rest of us.....
Old 08-25-2014, 12:10 PM   #205
LoCarbGal

Quote:
Nita! JUDDD is a wonderful treat after LCing, isn't it? I did the same thing! My mom doesn't post on the forum, but she started JUDDDing at 79 and lost (I believe) about 35-40 pounds in less than a year, and is happily maintaining on modified JUDDD just having turned 81. It has been a godsend for her.

Quote:

Tia!
Em! Sorry about your struggle with hypothyroidism. I can't shed any more light on that front, but wanted to say "hi" and I look forward to seeing you around often.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:56 PM   #206
Beadelia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Welcome Newbies!!! Hope we see you on the monthly daily chat threads on a regular basis.

Nitah, I turn 72 in October. There are also some cyber sisters in their sixties. You are not alone in this age bracket by any means, so come on in -- the water's fine.
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:55 AM   #207
Linda1960
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Tia!
I am also a newbie. I just wanted to hop on here, as I am a hypothyroid patient, (diagnosed over 20 years ago, when I was in my 30's). I am turning 55 next May.

I have been on EVERY diet imaginable, with no real success! Talk about a snail's pace. My doctor finally did many many tests on me, to finally tell me that I have a HIGH metabolic resistance to pretty much every diet out there. I was working out with high cardio 6x a week every week and following strict diets (Atkins, Nutrisystem, Weight Watchers, etc., etc.....you name.....I've tried it).....with no success.

I recently injured my knee (while I was cleaning my house, believe it or not), and started putting on weight very fast because I was sedentary with this injury, even though I was following strict WW foods and eating plan. Desperate for help, I started searching the web and came across this great group of ladies on this site called "JUDDD".

Fast forward..............two weeks ago I started JUDDD just as a last-hope stitch...(I figured what have I got to lose, except weight)! And OMG......it IS WORKING! I am down 8.6 lbs in 13 days so far; tomorrow will be my two-week weigh-in. I started out 13 days ago at almost 210 lbs., and I am now knocking on the door of Onederland (at 201.2 as of this morning)!

My son went on it a week ago, and lost -11.6 lbs his first week, as well as his wife.....(I think she lost around 10 or 11 lbs as well), and my other friend who is 66 years old just lost -8.6 lbs in her first week. As you can see, I'm alot slower than everyone else, but with a metabolic disorder that I have, I am just happy to lose SOMETHING!

So don't hesitate trying it! It's miraculous for people like US!!!!!

Old 09-02-2014, 06:19 PM   #208
Beadelia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Wow, Linda, that's quite a testimonial! Thank you for sharing.
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #209
Shari4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (191.9/170.9/145)66yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 8/24/15 @191.9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1960 View Post
I am also a newbie. I just wanted to hop on here, as I am a hypothyroid patient, (diagnosed over 20 years ago, when I was in my 30's). I am turning 55 next May.

I have been on EVERY diet imaginable, with no real success! Talk about a snail's pace. My doctor finally did many many tests on me, to finally tell me that I have a HIGH metabolic resistance to pretty much every diet out there. I was working out with high cardio 6x a week every week and following strict diets (Atkins, Nutrisystem, Weight Watchers, etc., etc.....you name.....I've tried it).....with no success.

I recently injured my knee (while I was cleaning my house, believe it or not), and started putting on weight very fast because I was sedentary with this injury, even though I was following strict WW foods and eating plan. Desperate for help, I started searching the web and came across this great group of ladies on this site called "JUDDD".

Fast forward..............two weeks ago I started JUDDD just as a last-hope stitch...(I figured what have I got to lose, except weight)! And OMG......it IS WORKING! I am down 8.6 lbs in 13 days so far; tomorrow will be my two-week weigh-in. I started out 13 days ago at almost 210 lbs., and I am now knocking on the door of Onederland (at 201.2 as of this morning)!

My son went on it a week ago, and lost -11.6 lbs his first week, as well as his wife.....(I think she lost around 10 or 11 lbs as well), and my other friend who is 66 years old just lost -8.6 lbs in her first week. As you can see, I'm alot slower than everyone else, but with a metabolic disorder that I have, I am just happy to lose SOMETHING!

So don't hesitate trying it! It's miraculous for people like US!!!!!
WoW!!

Linda, you need to be on a poster for JUDDD!! I am continually amazed at how this WOE really, really works!! And I'm one of those people who got sidetracked, jumped ship & quit trying! When I came back, I felt at home & much happier! The gals/guys on this forum are the best there is out there!! I don't have hypothyroidism; but, my metabolism is shot to pieces & has been since I was 40. My triglycerides at that time were almost 1300! I am 65 now & have recently gone back to low carb along with JUDDD. Not just for weight loss; but, I am a HUGE carb junkie! So is my DH; but, his blood lipids are always perfect! I've lost 7 pounds since going low carb.

Sorry for the long post; but, I just wanted to send you an "atta girl"!!! I look forward to getting to know you!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:27 AM   #210
LoCarbGal

Linda, your and your family members' results are wonderful! Look at the wonderful thing you're instigating!