Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-07-2014, 05:50 AM   #211
jonescarb
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jonescarb
Stats: 152.8/148.8/130
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: April 2009(Low Carb)-CAD Sep 16 2014
Hi Ladies!
I have lurked in this forum for quite some time. I just never thought I could eat only 500 calories or less every other day. After struggling to lose any more on low carb, I finally decided that I had to acknowledge the calories. I've now been Judding for a week and am down about 2 pounds. I thought I would never be able to eat carbs again, but I still was down after eating carbs this week!
I think I can do this!!
-TJ
jonescarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2014, 06:05 AM   #212
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/132/124
Hi TJ!
Congrats on the success so far! Join in the chats whenever you need encouragement.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:03 AM   #213
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescarb View Post
I have lurked in this forum for quite some time. I just never thought I could eat only 500 calories or less every other day....I've now been Judding for a week and am down about 2 pounds...after eating carbs this week!
I think I can do this!!
jonescarb and to JUDDD! It's always good to see someone come out from the shadows of lurkerdom.

Good for you for giving JUDDD a try out to see if it's compatible with your needs and lifestyle. It reads like you're off to a good start. Any questions, do speak up either here or in the http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...d-newbies.html where other newbies ask questions that occur to them (and probably other ).

Good Luck!

Mar. 2017 Rehabbing a foot and concussion. I currently have a lot of physiotherapy. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:51 AM   #214
Shari4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (191.9/170.9/145)66yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 8/24/15 @191.9)
TJ!!! Glad you're here!!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #215
Beadelia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescarb View Post
Hi Ladies!
I have lurked in this forum for quite some time. I just never thought I could eat only 500 calories or less every other day. After struggling to lose any more on low carb, I finally decided that I had to acknowledge the calories. I've now been Judding for a week and am down about 2 pounds. I thought I would never be able to eat carbs again, but I still was down after eating carbs this week!
I think I can do this!!
-TJ
Welcome and congratulations!
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:22 AM   #216
LoCarbGal
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
TJ! You're doing great and off to a wonderful start! Hope to hear more from you on all the main threads. There's so much info and fun over there - join us!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Part 2
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:35 AM   #217
Gibbsgirl13072
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gibbsgirl13072
Hi, I'm new here as well. I've been counting calories on another site, and managed to lose 18 pounds but have been stalled out for about a month. Some of that is just laziness on my part, but I'm tired of obsessing over calories and restricting and have tried a few 5:2 fast days. I haven't lost anything yet, but I haven't gained. It's a new month, and I'm jumping headfirst into JUDDD, hoping to bust through this stall and learn a new WOE that won't have me obsessing on a daily basis
Gibbsgirl13072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:51 AM   #218
KeirasMom

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/156.8/155
WOE: Back to JUDDD 1/5/15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbsgirl13072 View Post
Hi, I'm new here as well. I've been counting calories on another site, and managed to lose 18 pounds but have been stalled out for about a month. Some of that is just laziness on my part, but I'm tired of obsessing over calories and restricting and have tried a few 5:2 fast days. I haven't lost anything yet, but I haven't gained. It's a new month, and I'm jumping headfirst into JUDDD, hoping to bust through this stall and learn a new WOE that won't have me obsessing on a daily basis

I'm glad you're here! I rarely spend any time over on that other site anymore. I'm usually there to just log my food these days, so I'm so happy you found us here and are posting. This is an amazing group of women and a few men, and they are so helpful! JUDDD ! I think you'll have good success.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:17 AM   #219
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbsgirl13072 View Post
Hi, I'm new here as well. It's a new month, and I'm jumping headfirst into JUDDD, hoping to bust through this stall and learn a new WOE that won't have me obsessing on a daily basis
A warm to JUDDD tho' I see you've been introduced to it by our rockstar, Dawn/KeirasMom.

I hope you enjoy your trial of JUDDD and discover quickly whether it's a good fit to you and your lifestyle in achieving your goals.

You know Dawn already but any questions and do speak up, here or in http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...d-newbies.html where other people might have a chance to meet you and there will be other who are probably wondering the same thing and will benefit from you asking.

Good Luck!

Mar. 2017 Rehabbing a foot and concussion. I currently have a lot of physiotherapy. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:08 AM   #220
KeirasMom

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/156.8/155
WOE: Back to JUDDD 1/5/15
GG found JUDDD and LCF all on her own. I just recently saw her on the other site, but had nothing to do with her coming over here.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:57 AM   #221
Gibbsgirl13072
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gibbsgirl13072
Yup, I found you guys by googling JUDDD, and loved that there were pages upon pages of info.
Gibbsgirl13072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:11 AM   #222
LoCarbGal

Gibbsgirl! Counting calories every day can be EXHAUSTING! That's what is so great about JUDDD. You may still be counting, but you won't feel like you're restricting every day, which can be a crucial difference. Good luck!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

Old 10-01-2014, 10:47 AM   #223
nitenurse
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-213)/160
WOE: Atkins/Fast-5
Start Date: 1972
Question...I have Dr. Johnson's first book, now I see he has a couple different ones on Amazon, so has he come up with anything new. I probably will buy the new ones, but if it just is a different cover and same book....anyone know
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 12:19 PM   #224
LoCarbGal

I didn't get a whole lot of new info from the revised version, Nitenurse, but others have found the revisions helpful. Personally, I'd get it from the library if you can first before you spend the money.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:16 AM   #225
Catalinagal
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Catalinagal
I started JUDDD on the 6th, have not seen any change. DD's are under 500 and UD's 1100-1300. From what I've read, most have more calories on an UD, could that be the issue? The calculator said about 2200, guess I could have more coconut oil or MCT. Due to other health issues, I vlc and low protein.

It is encouraging to see the success of those on this plan, and will give it a little more time.
Catalinagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #226
Dottie
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: ADF mostly Paleo
Catalina that's really low for UDs.
Think about it: you're only averaging 800 calories a day that way. That's not good.
Increase your UD calories and see how it goes

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/

**Every day is up to you. You can choose for it to be a good day or a bad day.**
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:46 AM   #227
Catalinagal
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Catalina that's really low for UDs.
Think about it: you're only averaging 800 calories a day that way. That's not good.
Increase your UD calories and see how it goes
I realize it isn't what the calculator said to use, but it is a normal way of eating for me.

If calories actually matter, then if my ud is double what the dd is, wouldn't that (or shouldn't) it be effective?

Thanks for your response Dottie
Old 10-12-2014, 12:38 PM   #228
Dottie
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: ADF mostly Paleo
In theory, but your average calories are only 800, and that's pretty low.
Personally, I wouldn't go less than 1000 averaged over 2 days, so if you can increase your UD to 1500, it may make a big difference.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/

**Every day is up to you. You can choose for it to be a good day or a bad day.**
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #229
Catalinagal
Senior LCF Member

I'm on my way almost 800 so far!
Old 10-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #230
LoCarbGal

Good for you CG! I'm one who, when I don't get enough on UDs, my losses slow or stop. Amazing, but those UD calories are very important for the whole process. Learn to enjoy more decadent and calorie rich foods.....on UDs of course!

Old 10-12-2014, 07:14 PM   #231
Catalinagal
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Good for you CG! I'm one who, when I don't get enough on UDs, my losses slow or stop. Amazing, but those UD calories are very important for the whole process. Learn to enjoy more decadent and calorie rich foods.....on UDs of course!
Guess I better make some fat bombs for up days I understand the metabolism slows with not enough calories, so we will see what happens.

Thanks LoCarbGal.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:16 PM   #232
ImmaZombie
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ImmaZombie
Stats: SW: 296, CW: 268, 1st GW: 199, 2nd GW: 136
WOE: Counting Calories, interested in JUDDD
Start Date: June 2014; started counting
Hello everyone. I wanted to say hello. I'm new to the site. Found out about you guys on another calorie counting site, which I have been on for years.

I have to say y'all seem so nice and so supportive of each other. I haven't started JUDDD yet, but am definitely going to.

So far I have been calorie-counting and have lost 28 lbs since June 2014. I'm hoping when I start JUDDD, I can kick the weight loss into gear and meet my goals.

Thanks so much for this wonderful site.

BTW: I am a major Walking Dead fan. Or any other zombie-type, post-apocalyptic-type movie. (Hence, the name.) Oh, and I'm from Oklahoma.

Last edited by ImmaZombie; 10-22-2014 at 04:17 PM..
ImmaZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:37 PM   #233
Catalinagal
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmaZombie View Post
Hello everyone. I wanted to say hello. I'm new to the site. Found out about you guys on another calorie counting site, which I have been on for years.

I have to say y'all seem so nice and so supportive of each other. I haven't started JUDDD yet, but am definitely going to.

So far I have been calorie-counting and have lost 28 lbs since June 2014. I'm hoping when I start JUDDD, I can kick the weight loss into gear and meet my goals.

BTW: I am a major Walking Dead fan. Or any other zombie-type, post-apocalyptic-type movie. (Hence, the name.) Oh, and I'm from Oklahoma.

Welcome! Hope you continue your weight loss, which ever plan you choose, that loss is wonderful, congratulations
Old 10-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #234
LoCarbGal

Quote:

! I hope you'll have great luck with JUDDD!

Old 10-24-2014, 09:35 AM   #235
destin92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: destin92
Stats: 203/143/125
WOE: counting cals, Low carb, interested in JUDDD
Hello everyone. I thought I posted yesterday but who knows. I'm new to this site and in the learning process.

About 6 years ago I weighed 203, started the Z diet, which is very low cal. Not healthy in any form. Lost 70 pounds. I've maintained at 143 the past few years. I've never made it to my goal of 125. Got close one time but no way could I stay at 450 calories a day every single day of my life. I'm thrilled to have maintained at 143 for a few years but I'm ready to get to my goal and be happy with my image. I tried LC but I would lose 5, have a cheat meal and then regain the 5. So now I'm here to try JUDDD. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Basically all I know is what I've read on these board and on Dr Johnson's site. The site calculator says I need to eat on UP 1867 calories and on down day eat 373. Sound logical to you guys? I'm 5 feet tall, 43 years of age.
destin92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:55 AM   #236
Catalinagal
Senior LCF Member

Welcome destin92, when I put in your weight of 143, height & age, I come up with 1630/326...but I'm new at this myself, so perhaps someone who is a veteran will come along.

Best wishes on your weight loss journey!
Old 10-24-2014, 12:02 PM   #237
destin92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: destin92
Stats: 203/143/125
WOE: counting cals, Low carb, interested in JUDDD
I agree Catalingal. I put in light exercise but after quickly reading Dr. Johnson's book I see that he recommends you underestimate any exercise you are already doing. So if I put little or no exercise I get the numbers you came up with. Uggghhhh 326 is very little but I'm going to give it my best shot.
I think Sunday will be an Up day and Monday my first DD.
destin92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:12 PM   #238
Catalinagal
Senior LCF Member

D92, I am finding the program very easy to do and look forward to the weight loss I am seeing in others. My husband says "patience" is not one of my virtues

Be sure and check out the older DD threads for some great tips on staying low....
Old 10-25-2014, 08:00 PM   #239
ImmaZombie
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ImmaZombie
Stats: SW: 296, CW: 268, 1st GW: 199, 2nd GW: 136
WOE: Counting Calories, interested in JUDDD
Start Date: June 2014; started counting
Thank you so much for the welcome, Carol and CatalinaGal. Hope y'all are having a great weekend!
ImmaZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:29 AM   #240
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by destin92 View Post
Hello everyone. I thought I posted yesterday but who knows. I'm new to this site and in the learning process.

About 6 years ago I weighed 203, started the Z diet, which is very low cal. Not healthy in any form. Lost 70 pounds. I've maintained at 143 the past few years. I've never made it to my goal of 125. Got close one time but no way could I stay at 450 calories a day every single day of my life. I'm thrilled to have maintained at 143 for a few years but I'm ready to get to my goal and be happy with my image. I tried LC but I would lose 5, have a cheat meal and then regain the 5. So now I'm here to try JUDDD. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Basically all I know is what I've read on these board and on Dr Johnson's site. The site calculator says I need to eat on UP 1867 calories and on down day eat 373. Sound logical to you guys? I'm 5 feet tall, 43 years of age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destin92 View Post
I agree Catalingal. I put in light exercise but after quickly reading Dr. Johnson's book I see that he recommends you underestimate any exercise you are already doing. So if I put little or no exercise I get the numbers you came up with. Uggghhhh 326 is very little but I'm going to give it my best shot.
I think Sunday will be an Up day and Monday my first DD.
I think it's wise to start w/o added exercise calories and then evaluate in a month or 2 if you are not losing well.

For the first 2 weeks you can have your DDs at 500 calories if that helps you adjust before you go lower.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote