Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-27-2014, 03:41 PM   #241
LoCarbGal
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by destin92 View Post
Hello everyone. I thought I posted yesterday but who knows. I'm new to this site and in the learning process.

About 6 years ago I weighed 203, started the Z diet, which is very low cal. Not healthy in any form. Lost 70 pounds. I've maintained at 143 the past few years. I've never made it to my goal of 125. Got close one time but no way could I stay at 450 calories a day every single day of my life. I'm thrilled to have maintained at 143 for a few years but I'm ready to get to my goal and be happy with my image. I tried LC but I would lose 5, have a cheat meal and then regain the 5. So now I'm here to try JUDDD. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Basically all I know is what I've read on these board and on Dr Johnson's site. The site calculator says I need to eat on UP 1867 calories and on down day eat 373. Sound logical to you guys? I'm 5 feet tall, 43 years of age.
destin! I agree, you CANNOT do super low cal every day. Not healthy for body, mind, or spirit. JUDDD is a wonderful compromise! Good luck!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Part 2
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2014, 07:04 AM   #242
Mom23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom23
Stats: 242/221.5/135
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmaZombie View Post
Hello everyone. I wanted to say hello. I'm new to the site. Found out about you guys on another calorie counting site, which I have been on for years.

I have to say y'all seem so nice and so supportive of each other. I haven't started JUDDD yet, but am definitely going to.

So far I have been calorie-counting and have lost 28 lbs since June 2014. I'm hoping when I start JUDDD, I can kick the weight loss into gear and meet my goals.

Thanks so much for this wonderful site.

BTW: I am a major Walking Dead fan. Or any other zombie-type, post-apocalyptic-type movie. (Hence, the name.) Oh, and I'm from Oklahoma.
Wow! You are doing wonderful. Would love to hear how you are doing.
7/24: 232
8/24: 230
9/24: 226
10/24:
My Journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ig-pounds.html
Mom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:06 PM   #243
MobyJane
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MobyJane
Stats: 222/215/140 53yrs
WOE: Atkins-JUDDD
Start Date: Nov.17.14
Hello! Juddd newbie here! But when it comes to other diets, there's very little I haven't tried. Stillman's, Scarsdale, Optifast, Master Cleanse, Physician's, Jenny Craig, WW, 6WBMO, Bernstein... I've even had LapBand surgery and then had it reversed. Some of them were successful but un-maintainable, some were just really stupid, some were downright dangerous. I am a true believer in the health benefits of genuine fasting, and have completed 3 wonderful water-only fasts of 21, 24 and 29 days. For the last few months, I've been half-heartedly practicing Atkins, which I love and lost a rapid 18 pounds on, but my daughter is getting married next May, so I started researching innovations in the diet industry again, and that brought me here to you. (MOBY stands for my Mother Of the Bride Year). I'm pretty jazzed about this... I've never seen any program that makes so much sense! I've watched webinars, read blogs, scoured the forums and read about a million book reviews on ADD. My first DD was yesterday, (totally sweatless) (although I must say that short fasts are much more difficult that long fasts) and I lost 3 pounds overnight. Me and my big mouth love forums! I have my fibre, Omegas, BCAAs and coconut oil, and I am so happy to be here and raring to go!
MobyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #244
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.2/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Welcome Moby!!!!!!! I hope you will love JUDDD.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #245
CarmSnow
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CarmSnow
Stats: 196.8
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 11.19.14

Hello I'm new to this forum so please excuse me if I don't do this correctly. I began JUDDD on Wednesday and my weight was 199 when I began so I decided to just weigh myself this morning after my Down Day and was please that I weighed 196.8 and I just began TOM. I'm interested in seeing if this will work for me since as so many of you I have tried everything to lose weight but since I'm lazy nothing seemed to stick but I like the idea of being able to eat what I want every other day is like being in a bipolar relationship one day its good and one day is dreary, LOL....you can see why I'm single.

Well just wanted to introduce myself and I hope you all won't mind if I'm in here a lot since I will be using this to not binge on my DD.

Thanks,

Snow
CarmSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #246
LoCarbGal

Snow! This is the place to hang out and get support, so I'm glad you've found us and JUDDD! Good luck!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

Old 11-29-2014, 06:16 AM   #247
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.2/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmSnow View Post
Hello I'm new to this forum so please excuse me if I don't do this correctly. I began JUDDD on Wednesday and my weight was 199 when I began so I decided to just weigh myself this morning after my Down Day and was please that I weighed 196.8 and I just began TOM. I'm interested in seeing if this will work for me since as so many of you I have tried everything to lose weight but since I'm lazy nothing seemed to stick but I like the idea of being able to eat what I want every other day is like being in a bipolar relationship one day its good and one day is dreary, LOL....you can see why I'm single.

Well just wanted to introduce myself and I hope you all won't mind if I'm in here a lot since I will be using this to not binge on my DD.

Thanks,

Snow
Welcome Snow! From my experience JUDDD is much more enjoyable than a bipolar relationship
Post and read often. The support here is second to none.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 09:46 AM   #248
Shari4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (191.9/170.9/145)66yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 8/24/15 @191.9)
to all of the newbies !! You'll find support here like no where else online!! Jump right in & get your feet wet! The water is fine!!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:13 PM   #249
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/110/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobyJane View Post
My first DD was yesterday, (totally sweatless)
Hello MobyJane, a wedding is always a lovely impetus to embrace a new WOE/schedule such as JUDDD. I'm pleased that your fast DD was so straightforward - do join in on other threads so that we now how you're progressing. Any questions, do speak up as you may help yourself and others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmSnow View Post
CarmSnow - good to meet you. I hope that your DDs will be more trouble-free than you seem to anticipate they will be. Good Luck with your trial of JUDDD and I hope that it's straightforward for you to ascertain whether or not this is something that suits you.

Mar. 2017 Rehabbing a foot and concussion. I currently have a lot of physiotherapy. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 12:23 PM   #250
marlaj3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlaj3
Stats: 192/179/145
Start Date: 1/1/15
It's moving again

Hi all! I kept seeing Juddd all over the forums and finally checked out what it was. I loved the idea and started last Thrusday with my first DD. I had been stuck bouncing between 185/186 for 3 weeks eating Adkinsish. Now I'm down to 184 and I think Juddd has got me moving again. I'm not finding it at all difficult to do either. I'm still trying to keep my carb levels down particularly on UD's, but this is such a manageable way to keep calories in check. I'm doing M-W-F up days; T-Th-Su down days; and Sat is a medium day. So, today is a DD and I've yet to eat anything, but I do have a plan that will land me at about 400 today.
marlaj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:37 AM   #251
LoCarbGal

Awesome Marla!

Old 01-08-2015, 03:25 AM   #252
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlaj3 View Post
Now I'm down to 184 and I think Juddd has got me moving again. ...I'm doing M-W-F up days; T-Th-Su down days; and Sat is a medium day.
marlaj3, and congratulations on your flying start. I'm 4:3 (with one of the 4 being an MD) and have been ever since finishing my induction period with JUDDD as it's a good fit to my sports and social commitments and continues to be so even in maintenance.

You're doing well - any questions then please do speak up as there's a good chance that someone else is wondering about the same thing.

Mar. 2017 Rehabbing a foot and concussion. I currently have a lot of physiotherapy. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:14 AM   #253
marlaj3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlaj3
Stats: 192/179/145
Start Date: 1/1/15
Thanks for the welcome. I've been reading the group posts and immediately wanted to be a part of it. There is much inspiration to be found here. So, thanks for welcoming me in
marlaj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:22 PM   #254
TilaNW
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TilaNW
Stats: 262/232/170
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Sep 2003
I am a LC vet from 2003, but am now renewing my interest after gaining most of my weight back sigh. This sounds interesting. I have never thought of IF or JUDDD. I have some reading to do !
My name is Tina, I live in the Pacific NW, I work full time and have two young boys 6/8. I am a divorced single Mom, but now have a skinny boyfriend who cooks a lot and we like to socialize so I have had many challenges. Time to reign it in now though. New year, New Life !
TilaNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:32 PM   #255
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 231/217/160
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 9/25/16
Welcome Tila! I'm from the PNW, too (NE Wa).
Old 01-09-2015, 03:37 PM   #256
LoCarbGal

Tina! I hope you'll love JUDDD, and you'll get the results you're looking for. Ask all the questions you want!

Old 01-10-2015, 12:37 AM   #257
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TilaNW View Post
I have never thought of IF or JUDDD. I have some reading to do !
Enjoy your reading and as per the others, if you have any questions then please speak up as someone else may well be wondering about the same thing.

to your trial of JUDDD and I hope that you find it a good fit to you and your life

Old 01-13-2015, 02:02 PM   #258
debbi190
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: debbi190
Stats: 225/172/160
WOE: Low Carb
Hi I am new to JUDDD also. I am also retired and my schedule is different from when I worked. I would like to have my DD days fall on the same day of the week. This way they do not interfere with my activities. I belong to TOPS and mostly do low carbs. Tues is weigh in day and we all go to lunch after. That is the one meal I allow myself something special, so I always want it to be an UD. Monday, Wed, Fri, make good DD as well as Sun. Sat DH and I go to breakfast before grocery shopping. This needs to be an UD also. Has anyone else had a scheduling problem with UD and DD

Debbi
debbi190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:16 AM   #259
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbi190 View Post
I would like to have my DD days fall on the same day of the week. This way they do not interfere with my activities. I belong to TOPS and mostly do low carbs. Tues is weigh in day and we all go to lunch after. That is the one meal I allow myself something special, so I always want it to be an UD. Monday, Wed, Fri, make good DD as well as Sun. Sat DH and I go to breakfast before grocery shopping. This needs to be an UD also. Has anyone else had a scheduling problem with UD and DD
Hello there and

I followed the induction of ADF before switching to 4:3 (which is what you're describing) because it's a better and more realistic fit to my sports and social commitments. One aspect of JUDDD is based on activating SIRT1 genes according to Dr Johnson and that is triggered by the induction period of ADF - however the evidence on that isn't clear.

So, if you want to try out 4:3 from the outset, it falls between several intermittent fasting plans but that's no reason to think it wouldn't work for you. tbh, I'd advise you to opt for 4 UD and 3 DD because we wouldn't advise you to have 2 back to back DD which is what you'd have if you made Sunday a DD followed by a Monday DD.

So, good luck with implementing that. If you have any questions, or the above isn't clear, speak up - as someone else may well be wondering about the same thing.

I hope that you enjoy your trial of JUDDD and that it's a good fit to your life.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:51 AM   #260
LoCarbGal

JUDDD and IF can work with your life however you want it to. It really depends upon how quickly you're looking to lose, and how you want your life to feel. I'd say give it a try, and if you're not seeing results, you can always move into EOD for a bit and see if that helps. Good luck and welcome!

Old 01-14-2015, 10:52 AM   #261
ashiopeia
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ashiopeia
Stats: 180/158/130
Start Date: January 2015
Hi

Hi, I'm Ash. I'm new here but not new to dieting. I've never been excessively heavy, but I've had 30+ to lose since having kids.

(My husband and I have 8 kids between us, we had three each and have 2 together.)

I respond well physically to low carb but with so many kids it's really hard to make them all eat that way. I've avoided JUDDD for a while because I felt like I wouldn't be able to commit to the down days when my kids still need to eat lol.

But here I am, and for the past 7 days I've been making it work. Feeling better already and looking forward to finally losing all the baby weight (youngest is turning 1 in a couple weeks, she is still nursing as well).

Currently down 3.5 pounds, 36.5 to go!
ashiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:19 PM   #262
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashiopeia View Post
I've avoided JUDDD for a while because I felt like I wouldn't be able to commit to the down days when my kids still need to eat lol.

But here I am, and for the past 7 days I've been making it work. Feeling better already...

Currently down 3.5 pounds, 36.5 to go!
and well done for your start

You're on your way to shedding those extra pounds nicely - so I hope that JUDDD proves a good fit to you and your family life. Brewstate is still nursing, I think so she may have some fellow feeling for the complexities of that and JUDDD.

You know the drill, if you have any questions please speak up.

Good Luck!

Old 01-14-2015, 01:22 PM   #263
ashiopeia
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ashiopeia
Stats: 180/158/130
Start Date: January 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
and well done for your start

You're on your way to shedding those extra pounds nicely - so I hope that JUDDD proves a good fit to you and your family life. Brewstate is still nursing, I think so she may have some fellow feeling for the complexities of that and JUDDD.

You know the drill, if you have any questions please speak up.

Good Luck!
Thank you!
ashiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:45 PM   #264
LoCarbGal

Ash! Sounds like you've got your hands full with that big family. You may find that (once you get used to them) the DDs feel easier because you won't have to worry about food for yourself. However, being the main cook has its own challenges, I know. I'm sure you'll do great - you're off to a great start. Good luck!

Last edited by LoCarbGal; 01-14-2015 at 01:47 PM..
Old 01-15-2015, 06:52 AM   #265
jtl1972
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jtl1972
Stats: 5'4" 170/115/below 120
WOE: Maintenance-90%Whole foods/cal cycling/IF/mod carb
Start Date: LCHF 9/1/14; JUDDD/Mod Carbs 1/12/15; Goal 7/24/15
Hello I'm another one that's coming over from LCHF. I just started JUDDD on Monday and this is my 2nd DD. I started LCHF on 9/1/14 @170 and lost 30lbs and am currently @140lbs. I never stopped losing on LCHF and would probably continue to lose to my goal weight but I decided I needed a change. I followed LCHF strictly and was rewarded for it but when I had 2 anything I want days on News Years Eve and Day, I gained 7lbs! I know it's all water weight but it showed me how unforgiving LCHF was. It took me 10 days to get rid of the water weight and I actually went down a couple extra lbs to 138 on 1/12. I was reading on the site some posts from another newbie (Leanne) that just switched over from LC and was inspired to try JUDDD. The whole idea makes alot of sense to me. The DD are really not very hard for me. I have a harder time with the UD. Getting my calories in is a little tough in the beginning when you are coming from such a different mindset from LCHF. I also want to keep my healthier way of eating since I started all this and not dive back into my poison which is bread, rice and noodles. I know I can eat those now in reasonable portions, not the massive amount I used to eat in one sitting. It's a good think I don't have a sweet tooth otherwise I would be fighting the weight battle in 2 fronts!
I gained 2 lbs since I started and have held steady @140 lbs with 2 UD. That shows me that I'm heading in the right direction. I have 20lbs to go and hopefully JUDDD with take me there. The best part? I can have lots of fruit!!!!
jtl1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:10 AM   #266
Eieio
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 160/146/140
WOE: IF goal is to JUDDD
Start Date: Nov 29 15
Wonderful!
Knew blood
Glad your all are coming to work with us!
Ei
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:36 AM   #267
LoCarbGal

jtl! Congratulations on your weight loss so far. It sounds like you are really doing great already. I do understand the need to something different, and I'm glad DDs aren't too tough so far. Good luck!

Old 01-18-2015, 02:01 AM   #268
totah
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: totah
So i want to try Juddd again...i dunno why but i have a feeling that it will work for me...the first time i couldn't last a week...i know i didn't give it a chance...but still i want to try it.. i like that it is not a specific kind of food diet since i enjoy all kind of food so it's perfect for me
totah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:34 PM   #269
totah
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: totah
another thing...when I tried to count my calories in ud and dd there was also Restriction to choose from it...what does that mean? 20% or 25% ??
I need help
totah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 03:54 PM   #270
Sethsmummy
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sethsmummy
Stats: 205/196.6/140
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 13 January 2015
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie on here but definitely not a newbie to dieting! I've tried everything, always with some success until I want to live a relatively normal life then everything goes wrong! Anyway after a rubbish few months with a illness in the family Im at the highest weight I've ever been. I saw a documentary a few years ago about IF and thought at the time the science sounded fascinating but as I was losing weight with ww at the time I pushed it to the back of my mind. Anyway a week ago I saw a tv programme that put groups of dieters onto different diets depending on what was perceived to be their eating type. I saw one of the diets was similar to the 5:2 and suddenly something made sense! I should do a fasting style diet! While researching I came across the JUDDD diet and it really seemed simple and doable and like a life style rather than dieting. Anyway I started my first down day last Wednesday and I'm currently just finishing my third one now. I have been weighing myself daily because the bounce doesn't deter or worry me I just find it fascinating! Anyway I weighed myself this morning at the beginning of a down day, expecting a gain and I'm actually 4lbs down! Yay! I can see this working well for me, I also have a supportive husband which helps massively. I've not found the down days too bad at all and even if I've gone to bed a little hungry I've tended to wake up not hungry at all. I'm really looking forward to the rest of my juddd journey!
Sethsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote