Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2016, 11:29 PM   #271
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Partyof8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 3,177
Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Hi Frankie Welcome!
__________________
Katie ~ If not now, when?

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2016, 07:52 AM   #272
VVendy
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 20
Gallery: VVendy
14 hrs down!,

Last night I skipped some of the stretches or all and replaced with cardio before the workout and after,... I had a low carb In n out burger I had to burn those cals.

down 8lbs
VVendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:06 AM   #273
fit4eva
Senior LCF Member
 
fit4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 115
Gallery: fit4eva
Two New Callanetics videos have been released.

They are Callanetics Pure and Callanetics Extreme.

I find it surprising that Lacey Kondi is one of the stars. She is famous for her own Callanetics studio.
fit4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:33 PM   #274
Donna D
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8
Gallery: Donna D
Quote:
Originally Posted by fit4eva View Post
Two New Callanetics videos have been released.

They are Callanetics Pure and Callanetics Extreme.

I find it surprising that Lacey Kondi is one of the stars. She is famous for her own Callanetics studio.
I ordered yesterday. Great news that new DVDs have been released.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 06:09 AM   #275
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member
 
Jigglebuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 350
Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/148/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Seasonal - Organic and nothing packaged
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Not available in Canada just yet, unfortunately, but let me know what you think.
__________________
Waist: 32(2009)...27.5"(Mar2013)/26.5"/27
Abs: 38(2009)...32"(Mar2013)/29.5"/31.5
Hips: 44(2009)...41"(Mar2013)/39"/40
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.25
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.25"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.0"/14.0
All this was done with Callanetics and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:49 AM   #276
VVendy
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 20
Gallery: VVendy
I just checked out the sample videos of the new ones, but I want a digital download, right now I don't really have my bedroom set up with a DVD player... plus I like to move the laptop to wherever I want.

Just came back from camping on Sunday, it was not as fun as I hoped. Dropped my phone in the outdoor toilet, car died on the way home.

I'll be doing 16th hour tonight, I took too many days off trying to figure out everything to replace my phone and get a new car. Cant wait to pulse again!
VVendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 06:21 PM   #277
SkinnyDance
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 21
Gallery: SkinnyDance
Hi everyone, I signed up for the forum so that I could join your fantastic thread! I'm 40 and have done Callanetics off and on since I was probably 16, but never with TRUE consistency. So I don't know what the long term results will be, but the good part is that I can always get through 10/10 even when I've been away for a few years. Yay for amazing deep muscle memory!

I've always had an inner knowing somewhere in the back of my mind that my life would benefit greatly from having Callanetics at the center of my life (mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually). With that in mind my goal for August is to complete 20 hrs of 10/10. Today was session 13 and I'm on track so far.

I have an hourglass figure regardless of my weight, but I'm finding that after 13 hours I'm more like a ruler, straight up and down on the sides. Maybe it is the "puff" but I'm all of a sudden fearful that I might lose the "10 ratio" I've always taken for granted.

Does Callanetics add bulk via muscle to the waist/sides? Years ago I found that pilates did that with my body. Yikes!
SkinnyDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 12:21 PM   #278
SkinnyDance
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 21
Gallery: SkinnyDance
Day 14 of 20 for August done!
SkinnyDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 03:19 PM   #279
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Partyof8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 3,177
Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Welcome SkinnyDance!
__________________
Katie ~ If not now, when?

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:40 PM   #280
SkinnyDance
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 21
Gallery: SkinnyDance
Awww, thanks Partyof8!
SkinnyDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:52 AM   #281
fit4eva
Senior LCF Member
 
fit4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 115
Gallery: fit4eva
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyDance View Post
Hi everyone, I signed up for the forum so that I could join your fantastic thread! I'm 40 and have done Callanetics off and on since I was probably 16, but never with TRUE consistency. So I don't know what the long term results will be, but the good part is that I can always get through 10/10 even when I've been away for a few years. Yay for amazing deep muscle memory!

I've always had an inner knowing somewhere in the back of my mind that my life would benefit greatly from having Callanetics at the center of my life (mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually). With that in mind my goal for August is to complete 20 hrs of 10/10. Today was session 13 and I'm on track so far.

I have an hourglass figure regardless of my weight, but I'm finding that after 13 hours I'm more like a ruler, straight up and down on the sides. Maybe it is the "puff" but I'm all of a sudden fearful that I might lose the "10 ratio" I've always taken for granted.

Does Callanetics add bulk via muscle to the waist/sides? Years ago I found that pilates did that with my body. Yikes!

Hey SkinnyDance!

No, Callanetics does not bulk you up at all! It does the opposite. What you are experiencing is the puff. It tends to come and go until your body is at a certain stage.
fit4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:52 AM   #282
fit4eva
Senior LCF Member
 
fit4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 115
Gallery: fit4eva
Has anyone seen the new online Callanetics studio?
fit4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 05:21 PM   #283
SkinnyDance
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 21
Gallery: SkinnyDance
Whew! Thanks for the reassurance Fit4eva I was really starting to panic that I might be messing up my figure. I want to be fit, healthy, and strong but I also want to be long, curvy and feminine!

Last edited by SkinnyDance; 08-22-2016 at 05:22 PM..
SkinnyDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 05:22 PM   #284
SkinnyDance
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 21
Gallery: SkinnyDance
I tend to agree with you about being a Callan purist too. I have only done 10/10 but I plan to move on to Super Callanetics once I become stronger and know I have "mastered" my form (if that is possible).

I look forward to checking in and hopefully keeping each other on track in September with our goals!
SkinnyDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:49 PM   #285
SkinnyDance
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 21
Gallery: SkinnyDance
Does anyone remember the instructions on how to do this move "the waist whittler?"



There used to be a youtube video explaining it, but it's gone and there's no longer info on the instructor Tracey Habron.
SkinnyDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:58 AM   #286
fit4eva
Senior LCF Member
 
fit4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 115
Gallery: fit4eva
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyDance View Post
Does anyone remember the instructions on how to do this move "the waist whittler?"



There used to be a youtube video explaining it, but it's gone and there's no longer info on the instructor Tracey Habron.
'''“WAIST STRETCH Stand with feet about a foot apart and arms at your sides. Raise your right arm high over your head and place your left hand on the outside of your left leg. Stretch your right arm and the right side of your body upward, straightening your right elbow. Reach your right arm about 2 inches higher than you think you can. Do not arch your back. Tighten your behind and tip your pelvis upward. Hold position.

“Stretch your right arm up and over to the left side, bending your left elbow as you lean. Keep reaching over your head with your right arm, keeping it straight to stretch your underarm and the back of your shoulders. Reach over your head as though you are trying to touch something on a table at your left side with your right hand. Soon you will be stretching so far that you will be reaching for something on the floor. Keep your pelvis tilted forward and your behind tucked and tight at all times to stretch the spine. From that point, reach over a half inch more, gently moving up and down, a half inch each way, 100 times. Do not bounce or throw your hip out to the side. Hips and pelvis never leave their starting positions. Do not allow your left elbow to slip to the back or to the front. To change sides, gently reach forward with your right arm, bending your body from the waist to the front. Keep your left hand on your left leg and turn your entire upper body to the right, gently returning to a standing position. Put your right hand[…]”

Excerpt From: Pinckney, Callan. “Complete Callanetics.” iBooks.
fit4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:03 AM   #287
fit4eva
Senior LCF Member
 
fit4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 115
Gallery: fit4eva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samara View Post
Good afternoon, I am a lover of Callanetics for years. I follow the forum a long time, but I have not been able to be constantly doing Callanetics. I hope to start in September and meet at least three times a week.

I wanted to tell you that I have seen parts of the new dvds Callanetics and my opinion is that this is not Callanetics. Many exercises Callan did not approve. Some new dvds exercises are just exercises in the book "Callanetics for the back" Callan says he will never do that are harmful.

The only original Callanetics Callan is invented. Callan is dead and unfortunately can no longer prevent others publish videos based on his teachings. But the only safe and showing results that lead long, are the real Callanetics. Callanetics is perfect as Callan invented it, no need to add anything or change anything.

That's my opinion. I intend to continue doing Callanetics and Super Callanetics, forever, for me will never be other.

By the way, Susan, much I do not read now, I miss you !!

Please excuse my bad English, I'm Spanish. Greetings to all
I've gotta be honest, I think I'm leaning towards your opinion as well. I haven't bought the videos, but I've watched all of the previews. Most of the exercises seem to be the staples found in 10/10 and SuperCallanetics, with normal upper body work and planing thrown in. I'm sure there are a few other exercises, but I've seen other full programs that take better advantage of some of those moves.

In saying that, I heard that it's supposed to be Callan improved. However, when people die, they aren't around to correct misunderstandings.

i don't know, i haven't got the videos so I'm still undecided. Maybe the videos will appeal to a new generation of Callanetics lovers or introduce new people to Callanetics who wouldn't have been able to follow it before.
fit4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:05 PM   #288
SkinnyDance
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 21
Gallery: SkinnyDance
Thanks Fit4eva, that was so kind of you! The exercise I mentioned is actually just slightly different, it has you cross your legs and the palm of you upper hand faces the ceiling. I tried to post a photo, but I see it didn't load right.

Waist Whittler, by Callanetics instructor Tracey Habron who is no longer teaching. The reason I'm trying to track this one down is because it specifically targets the narrow part of the waist.
SkinnyDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:48 AM   #289
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member
 
Jigglebuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 350
Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/148/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Seasonal - Organic and nothing packaged
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
I took a peak at the intro videos of the new DVDs and the style of teaching is much like in Evo with Sandra Hannah. For a lot of people it works.

However, I think I just realised another reason Callan's approach just seems that much more healing to me, and that is, she developed Callanetics to heal herself, i.e. she knows what it is to have a non-functional body and have to be patient with it, and patient with herself. The other teachers, from what I've read, have not had to go through that, and so with their perspective, tend to focus on the basics of strengthening and slimming that the average person who feels they "need" to exercise for basic health and aesthetics does it for.

Also, I want to point out that Callan was very much involved in designing the new DVD's before she passed away, and Sandra Hannah, who was pivotal in making the new DVD's happen, was not only a student of hers, but a friend, who has the utmost respect for Callan and the Callanetics techniques. So, I understood, any changes to the moves, just like in Evo, were Callan's or at least passed by her.

In saying that, though, when you take new / slightly changed moves and combine it with a different approach in teaching style, maybe even rhythm, you're going to get people struggling with change - people don't like change.

Skinnydance and Samara!
__________________
Waist: 32(2009)...27.5"(Mar2013)/26.5"/27
Abs: 38(2009)...32"(Mar2013)/29.5"/31.5
Hips: 44(2009)...41"(Mar2013)/39"/40
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.25
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.25"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.0"/14.0
All this was done with Callanetics and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:49 AM   #290
fit4eva
Senior LCF Member
 
fit4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 115
Gallery: fit4eva
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyDance View Post
Thanks Fit4eva, that was so kind of you! The exercise I mentioned is actually just slightly different, it has you cross your legs and the palm of you upper hand faces the ceiling. I tried to post a photo, but I see it didn't load right.

Waist Whittler, by Callanetics instructor Tracey Habron who is no longer teaching. The reason I'm trying to track this one down is because it specifically targets the narrow part of the waist.

Is that the one that is in Evo?
fit4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:50 AM   #291
fit4eva
Senior LCF Member
 
fit4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 115
Gallery: fit4eva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
I took a peak at the intro videos of the new DVDs and the style of teaching is much like in Evo with Sandra Hannah. For a lot of people it works.

However, I think I just realised another reason Callan's approach just seems that much more healing to me, and that is, she developed Callanetics to heal herself, i.e. she knows what it is to have a non-functional body and have to be patient with it, and patient with herself. The other teachers, from what I've read, have not had to go through that, and so with their perspective, tend to focus on the basics of strengthening and slimming that the average person who feels they "need" to exercise for basic health and aesthetics does it for.

Also, I want to point out that Callan was very much involved in designing the new DVD's before she passed away, and Sandra Hannah, who was pivotal in making the new DVD's happen, was not only a student of hers, but a friend, who has the utmost respect for Callan and the Callanetics techniques. So, I understood, any changes to the moves, just like in Evo, were Callan's or at least passed by her.

In saying that, though, when you take new / slightly changed moves and combine it with a different approach in teaching style, maybe even rhythm, you're going to get people struggling with change - people don't like change.

Skinnydance and Samara!

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm curious to see what the new moves are.
fit4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 02:07 PM   #292
SkinnyDance
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 21
Gallery: SkinnyDance
Thanks Jigglebuster! I think you're right, I don't like change...I'm sticking to 10/10 and maybe, possibly, eventually Super.

Fit4Eva- I'll check out evo for that one move and see. Thanks for the suggestion.

Today I did 15 of 20 for August! (10/10)
SkinnyDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:17 AM   #293
SkinnyDance
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 21
Gallery: SkinnyDance
18 of 20 for August done! Feeling really proud of myself for following through on such a beautiful, restorative, powerful form of self-care.
SkinnyDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 05:40 AM   #294
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member
 
Jigglebuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 350
Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/148/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Seasonal - Organic and nothing packaged
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
I'll look forward to any personal reviews you all have on the new series. In the meantime, I will move with Callan and 10/10 - I've put Super in the shelf for this month.

I'm going camping, and am hoping to do at least some Callanetics with the bears and racoons. See you on the other side!

Good going SkinnyDance!

Happy Pulsing everyone! <3[/quote]
__________________
Waist: 32(2009)...27.5"(Mar2013)/26.5"/27
Abs: 38(2009)...32"(Mar2013)/29.5"/31.5
Hips: 44(2009)...41"(Mar2013)/39"/40
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.25
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.25"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.0"/14.0
All this was done with Callanetics and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 11:19 AM   #295
fit4eva
Senior LCF Member
 
fit4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 115
Gallery: fit4eva
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyDance View Post
18 of 20 for August done! Feeling really proud of myself for following through on such a beautiful, restorative, powerful form of self-care.
Nicely done!
fit4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:45 PM   #296
rosebud87
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 12
Gallery: rosebud87
Hi all! I am back on Callanetics for my stomach/waist.

Tonight was session #1.

The past few years my waist has always measured at 26.5... even a month ago! Somewhere in the last few weeks I've become very bloated. Not sure why because everything is the same and actually I've tried to eat "better" lately. I measured my waist today and it was nearly a 29. Nearly reduced me to tears, as I'm really not sure how this has happened.

Does anyone have any tips on de-bloating? I'm not sure what to do and it seems nothing is helping. - Assuming this is bloat that made me go up 3 inches!


SO I use the classic quick callanetic DVD (which is separated by body part). When doing the exercises, how can I better target the lower abdomen?

Would love any advice.
Thank you so much!
rosebud87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:40 PM   #297
SkinnyDance
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 21
Gallery: SkinnyDance
Hi Rosebud,

I don't have targeting advice, but I do want to say that Callanetics will work! Just beware the "puff" phase and if it happens don't get discouraged. Otherwise I'd say just drink loads of water, some ACV or lemon added to it occasionally, and hopefully you'll be back down to your 26.5.

Today I achieved my goal of 20 sessions of 10/10 for August...YAY! Now it is on to another 20 for September
SkinnyDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:42 AM   #298
rosebud87
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 12
Gallery: rosebud87
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyDance View Post
Hi Rosebud,

I don't have targeting advice, but I do want to say that Callanetics will work! Just beware the "puff" phase and if it happens don't get discouraged. Otherwise I'd say just drink loads of water, some ACV or lemon added to it occasionally, and hopefully you'll be back down to your 26.5.

Today I achieved my goal of 20 sessions of 10/10 for August...YAY! Now it is on to another 20 for September

Thank you so much for your reply!
rosebud87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:32 PM   #299
SkinnyDance
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 21
Gallery: SkinnyDance
You're welcome Rosebud Has the waist "puffiness" come down at all? How are you doing with your Callanetics?

I have 3 of 20 done for Sept. Anyone else have a Sept. Callanetics goal?
SkinnyDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:00 PM   #300
rosebud87
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 12
Gallery: rosebud87
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyDance View Post
You're welcome Rosebud Has the waist "puffiness" come down at all? How are you doing with your Callanetics?

I have 3 of 20 done for Sept. Anyone else have a Sept. Callanetics goal?

3 done for September too!

My bloating is worse than ever. Might be a separate issue. Gonna have to see the dr!
rosebud87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:41 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.