Colaborer
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Colaborer
Stats: 142
WOE: Genotype Teacher
Start Date: August 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post
Well, fellow Callanauts... I read this whole thread a while back, and I kept seeing people reporting that their fat would redistribute itself in odd ways... and I kinda-sorta had a hard time believing it, because, really -- how is fat gonna just creep up from your hips and butt to your midsection? I mean, it doesn't have legs!

And now it's happening to me. Have been doing strict Stillman for a week. For those who don't know, it's the most brutal of all low-carb regimens: Nothing but lean protein. No fat at all. No carbs at all. Just dry chicken breasts, poached fish, hard boiled eggs, and whatever else you can find that's pretty much 100% protein. And I'm doing Callanetics nearly every day.

All of this is to get rid of the "muffin top" that's started creeping up on me since I started maintenance. Well, guess what? I'm probably about 6 hours total into Callan, and the muffin top just GREW on me! What's really weird is that I KNOW my stomach is flatter, but my midsection is noticeably thicker & flabbier! I normally have a pronounced hourglass shape and suddenly my torso looks like a tree trunk!

I'd be lying if I said I like this at all. In fact, I'll tell the truth and say I just hate it. I'm really not digging this effect.

Thank heavens I had read this thread. I will keep at it and assume, for the next few weeks, that this is That Crazy Callan Magic working its crazy way with me. I will assume that things will settle back in eventually and give me back my nice curves, and, in combination with Stillman, take away the muffin top.

Someone out there, please reassure me that you got thick and fat in the midsection too, and got a muffin top, and then it all went away! I'm staying the course for now because Callanetics makes me feel so good and is having lots of other good effects, but I was proud of my curves and I don't want to be a flabby tree trunk!
My stomach has gotten smaller since callanetics so I cannot help. Sorry.
I would say that my saddlebags are moving up so that would make me a little thicker in the upper hip area but I think it looks much better because I had really low saddlebags before and they are moving up. I have read that many do go through a phase of larger middle sections that do go away. I would not give up!
Colaborer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2017, 04:19 AM   #362
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 51.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD, back on Stills!
Start Date: September 2014
Yay! Wanted to pop back in to report that the muffin top (in that particular pair of pants, anyway), is gone! It's crazy how fast it happened. I am pressing on with Callanetics. I find that I'm kind of "addicted," which has never really happened to me with any exercise. It's just that I love Callan's kind voice and accepting attitude. And I feel so good for hours after a workout! I actually feel tingles throughout my body, like tiny reviving jolts of electricity.

Wonder why this thread is so quiet? I'd think that January would be a big month for people diving into an exercise program. Any pulsers out there?

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:35 AM   #363
Lina
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lina
I'm still pulsing and loving it!
EyesOnPrize, those shifts are so cool! I came on the thread today just to see if you had updated. Congratulations
Lina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:35 AM   #364
m_breezy
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: m_breezy
Okay, so I'm about to do session 24 of the original 40 I pledged. Ugh, The Holidays got in the way and I got behind and my diet has been on the fritz. I've gained two inches in my lower abdomen, which I want to lose again and get back to where I was. Hopefully I can pulse that lower ab flab away! Good luck all!
m_breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:20 AM   #365
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Well, although this thread seems pretty quiet, I hope nobody minds if I post daily progress updates.

I haven't kept track of how many hours I've done, but a good guess is about 10. Most of these have been in the form of the 20-minute Quick Callanetics, which I've been faithful about doing daily. In fact, I actually look forward to them!

I have noticed changes. Unfortunately, though I did lose the weird tummy fat, I'm not quite back to my hourglass figure. However, I wonder if I ever will be, since my waist has much less fat than my hips, and if I reduce them both, I'll be less curvy. It doesn't matter. I'll take on whatever shape I take on, and if I'm fit and trim, it will look good, I'm confident.

I now have one concrete goal, BTW. I had a c-section 11 years ago and I was left with a crooked scar and an uneven pooch. Perhaps worse, my son was over 10 pounds and the pregnancy, and the weight gain before and during, really did a number on my abdominal skin. So I have one of those frowny belly buttons. You ladies (& gents?) know what I mean. It's not round; it looks like a very wide upside-down V.

Can Callanetics (plus Stillman) pull that upside down V back into an O? I'm gonna find out!

Old 01-14-2017, 06:09 PM   #366
Colaborer
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Colaborer
Stats: 142
WOE: Genotype Teacher
Start Date: August 2016
Still pulsing! About 24 hours in and not looking 10 years younger yet but definitely changing. How long does it really take for most people to get rid of the saddlebags and belly bulge?
Colaborer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:22 AM   #367
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Got in a full 10/10 hour yesterday, but instead of it feeling great like it usually does, I was struggling. I had to keep taking breaks. I have never been able to do all of the stomach exercises (working up to it), but this time I had to quit extra early.

I think I might be pushing myself too hard. I think I'll stick to the 20-minute routines (Quick Callanetics) and keep rotating them. I'll only do 10/10 once a week for the moment.

So many times I've pushed myself too hard and derailed a good habit with exhaustion or injury before it even had a chance to get established. I'm determined to establish an exercise habit first, think about results second.

If the habit is established, results MUST follow.

How about the rest of you? Who's pulsing away out there?

Old 01-18-2017, 05:21 AM   #368
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Still pulsing here! I did another full 10/10 session this weekend, despite what I said above, and was just whipped. I got through fewer pulses than I had 2 days before. I think that's a sign that I need to work at "my pace, no one else's," as Callan advises. So I'm back to 20 min a day for now. How is everyone else? Check in, fellow pulsers! Let's encourage each other!

Old 01-18-2017, 07:20 AM   #369
Lina
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lina
Checking in! I bought the Quick Callanetics on iTunes a while ago but am only starting to use them now. I won't have a long enough stretch to do 10/10 for the next month or so but am enjoying the QC videos and happy that there's a way to keep up my Callanetics until I can do the longer videos again.
Anyone have any particular tips on the waist stretch? I love all the other moves - love the feeling of really specific work and relaxing everything else around it - but I just find the waist stretch uncomfortable. Nothing specifically painful, just... I don't know, I don't like how it feels.
Lina is offline   Reply With Quote