Old 05-25-2016, 05:46 AM   #211
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/148/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Seasonal - Organic and nothing packaged
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Chantal! Welcome back!!!

Yes, I'd say 3 would be ideal. However, saying that, even getting in two per week makes a difference (It's not the same as doing Callanetics alone).

How's your restart going Partyof8?
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.25
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.25"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.0"/14.0
All this was done with Callanetics and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2016, 08:06 AM   #212
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

Well, I upped my game, and my hips were testy, but I think if I keep it up, the smaller muscles will get even stronger, and the bones will stay in place. Not too fast, not too hard; Listening to my body.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:37 PM   #213
fit4eva
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fit4eva
Do whatever feels right, Jigglebuster.

@everyone

what do you all do for your upper body?
fit4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:15 AM   #214
fit4eva
Senior LCF Member

SuperCallanetics question:

Did you find that after practicing it regularly that you went through "puffier" stages more frequently? I seem to vacillate between looking like I have changes to being very puffy very quickly. Almost as if everything seems worse. I know that the "puff" comes with Callanetics, but I'm new to SuperC. I'm assuming that wit frequent, regular practice, in a few months i should be where I'm supposed to be at. The only reason that i'm asking, is that my butt seems to have improved, but I went shopping today and everything seems worse than it did a week ago - including the areas that were getting better. Unless my body is pre-menstrual.

Thanks

Also, did you all see that there is a teaser trailer for the new Callanetics at the Callanetics website?
Old 06-01-2016, 07:32 AM   #215
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit4eva View Post
Do whatever feels right, Jigglebuster.

@everyone

what do you all do for your upper body?
I do push-ups, dips, chin-ups and pull-ups. i do a lot of this for training for parkour, but one thing I found was, even if you can't do the full movements, getting into the various positions of the movement and pulsing really has a dramatic effect, just like all Callanetics does.
Quote:
SuperCallanetics question:

Did you find that after practicing it regularly that you went through "puffier" stages more frequently? I seem to vacillate between looking like I have changes to being very puffy very quickly. Almost as if everything seems worse. I know that the "puff" comes with Callanetics, but I'm new to SuperC. I'm assuming that wit frequent, regular practice, in a few months i should be where I'm supposed to be at. The only reason that i'm asking, is that my butt seems to have improved, but I went shopping today and everything seems worse than it did a week ago - including the areas that were getting better. Unless my body is pre-menstrual.

Thanks

Also, did you all see that there is a teaser trailer for the new Callanetics at the Callanetics website?
As I understand it, Callan never really meant for Super to be a program all in itself, it was more advanced movements in comparison to 10/10 with a few extras.

Saying that, I incorporate the Super moves in to the 10/10 program, adding and taking away as my mood dictates, or my body is capable in the moment.

I think I might have started Super moves when, as you call it, the "puff", was no longer happening, but I could see why if you are still melting away, how it would indeed create those movements to the middle faster and more often. She did say 20 Super was the equivalent of 100 of the 10/10.

When your body is making such a big change with Callanetics, things will lift and so the initial circumference around those parts will be larger. This happened with my peach, but then the dimpling happened and it began to melt away, layer by layer.

Hope that helps!
Old 06-01-2016, 01:09 PM   #216
fit4eva
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
I do push-ups, dips, chin-ups and pull-ups. i do a lot of this for training for parkour, but one thing I found was, even if you can't do the full movements, getting into the various positions of the movement and pulsing really has a dramatic effect, just like all Callanetics does. ........

Thanks. The reassurance does help

I'm currently going into winter, so I'm hoping that by summer that the majority of the transformation will have taken place and then from there it is just maintenance. I'm currently aiming for 3 days with most of the SuperC movies and 2 Upper Body Leah Sarago workouts which work the upper body and abs brilliantly.

My weight is right. It's just the shifting of the fat and building of muscle that affects things at the moment. Oh well. On the positive side, I'm relaxing into Callanetics in a way that I haven't ben able to before. I'm even listening to the video for a change lol!

I'm not doing all of the Super C moves as some I'm not ready for and the days I don'thave the time. I prefer the video and "click" with it more than the 10/10. However, some days I will go back to the staple just to refresh myself on pointers. I like the pace of SuperC. There isn't waffle room.

So true about your comment about doing push up pulses. I find that can be incredible effective as well. Actually, Leah Sarago's upper body workout has a lot of pulsing, stationery push ups at angle and planks which just work so well. The workout definitely improves practical strength.

Did you do weight work in previous years, or do you find that bodyweight upper body movements work better for you and your needs? I know that everyone is different and their body reacts differently to different exercises.

Last edited by fit4eva; 06-01-2016 at 01:13 PM..
Old 06-01-2016, 10:19 PM   #217
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

I use the "waffle" time in 10/10 to slip in my push-ups! 3 sets, close, wide, and normal, then throw in some dips, or do "handstand" push-ups leaning of a chair to control the weight in place of a shoulder press.

This should help you understand where I'm coming from:

I was very much into body building in my late teens to late 20's, and had my own weight bench and free weights (oh! the sexism I faced in buying that - it was the early 90's - I bought from the guy who treated me with respect). Free weights work with your natural body resistance and the effects of all the forces acting on it, unlike machines, so I really liked the natural body movements, eventually learning to replicate a lot of the exercise without weight, applying physics and the weight of my body to find the similar resistance as if I was using weight for quite a few exercises. My body was somewhere between Ms. Fitness and Ms. Olympia - I was buff , but too, unlike flexibility, muscle comes to my body easily; I'm a mesomorph. I was also training other people here and there and was meant to get my trainer's certificate...

I ended up selling my weight set, when I moved across the country (It was a little heavy), and was planning on buying new when I found a place to live. However, after I moved, that's when I developed cataplexy (sudden paralysis of all or part of my body - a symptom of narcolepsy not all have), which on certain days, made 2 lbs feel like 35lbs. I hate gyms and the combination of that and my ego challenge from the challenging perception in weight difference, I never went back. I had a few dumbells in my apartment and used those and kept active as much as my body would permit, but never had enough space for another full weight set.

In my mid-thirties, I finally fell down emotionally from all the death I was experiencing. I began perimenopause shortly after that, and with the two combined, I gained weight for the first time in my life - I wasn't moving and my body was rebelling to any food I was ingesting.

One day, I was ready to get to the physical healing part of mourning, I looked at my dietary mineral intake, and altered my diet to reflect my new needs. Also, I intuitively knew I needed something ultra-gentle as far as moving my body was concerned, and Callantics popped into my head, I thought it would be perfect! I remembered it from when I was 19 and visiting my mom. I'd do it with her, then go lift some weights. Ha!

I still love the concept of free weights. There something meditative in doing the sets and being present with the feeling in my body. It's hard on the ego though, to go from being able to curl 35 lbs one day, and then struggling with 2lbs the next. Somehow, using my body weight, I don't feel as much pressure on my ego so much. Maybe because there's no numbers?

After 20 some years absent from Callanetics, I slipped a dvd in and pressed play, reliving the wonderful 80's hair and tights, and the first time I heard Callan say, "If that's all you can do, that's okay" I was a mess, I was embarrassed at what had happened to me and what I had allowed to happen to my once amazingly strong, capable body, and I started bawling, giving myself that permission to take the tiny baby steps, replying back to her, "Okay". I cried my way through that first session in '09, and committed to the gentleness my body needs, listening to when I can do more or need to slow down, and learnt not to judge that. It was one of the most powerful and empowering things I've ever learnt, and I've applied it to other aspects of my life as well.

I began to feel more capable in my body again, I began to feel more like myself, and before I knew it, I was doing parkour, and connecting with my body on that deep level again, finding that meditative focus I had with free weights with Callan.

Do listen to the videos. It took me about a year and a half to hear every little piece of advice, noticing how I just wasn't quite doing things correctly. "How did I not hear that?" Every time we get to a point where we don't have to focus so hard to do a movement, it gives us space to hear more.

Keep up the good work Fit4Eva, and enjoy the "winter"!!!
Old 06-02-2016, 12:36 PM   #218
fit4eva
Senior LCF Member

What a journey, Jigglebuster! I knew that you had cataplexy, but I never knew your story.

It seems as though Callanetics has been life changing experience for you. The principles have helped to heal your soul and not just your body. Thank you for sharing your story. You are an inspiration to learn how to persevere and value our health regardless of circumstances or physical conditions.

I think that i’m going steal your waffle time with the move that I’m not ready for in SuperC. A couple of planks, pushups and dips sound like the right ticket! I’ve been battling to find the right upper body routine for my circumstances at the moment.

I’ve always known that it’s better to listen to the videos, but I’m only now starting to be able to consistently listen to them. I’ve been on a growing, calming stage the last two years. I’ve had to learn how to just be. I’ve been one of the over thinkers who likes to MOVE, push myself and the more that I do so the more that I physically crave it. If I had been a bit more diligent last year, I would have been further along physically, but psychologically I wasn’t there yet. I’m finally learning to emotionally embrace a different philosophy as opposed to mentally accepting a calmer method of exercise. I read something the other day, how a women wished she had told her 23-year old self that not all exercises trends work for every body type. I agree with that, but with the addendum that not every exercise method suits every personality/mentality/soul - if that makes sense. A person also changes based on what they go through.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:43 AM   #219
Ouida
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ouida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
I use the "waffle" time in 10/10 to slip in my push-ups! 3 sets, close, wide, and normal, then throw in some dips, or do "handstand" push-ups leaning of a chair to control the weight in place of a shoulder press.

This should help you understand where I'm coming from:

I was very much into body building in my late teens to late 20's, and had my own weight bench and free weights (oh! the sexism I faced in buying that - it was the early 90's - I bought from the guy who treated me with respect). Free weights work with your natural body resistance and the effects of all the forces acting on it, unlike machines, so I really liked the natural body movements, eventually learning to replicate a lot of the exercise without weight, applying physics and the weight of my body to find the similar resistance as if I was using weight for quite a few exercises. My body was somewhere between Ms. Fitness and Ms. Olympia - I was buff , but too, unlike flexibility, muscle comes to my body easily; I'm a mesomorph. I was also training other people here and there and was meant to get my trainer's certificate...

I ended up selling my weight set, when I moved across the country (It was a little heavy), and was planning on buying new when I found a place to live. However, after I moved, that's when I developed cataplexy (sudden paralysis of all or part of my body - a symptom of narcolepsy not all have), which on certain days, made 2 lbs feel like 35lbs. I hate gyms and the combination of that and my ego challenge from the challenging perception in weight difference, I never went back. I had a few dumbells in my apartment and used those and kept active as much as my body would permit, but never had enough space for another full weight set.

In my mid-thirties, I finally fell down emotionally from all the death I was experiencing. I began perimenopause shortly after that, and with the two combined, I gained weight for the first time in my life - I wasn't moving and my body was rebelling to any food I was ingesting.

One day, I was ready to get to the physical healing part of mourning, I looked at my dietary mineral intake, and altered my diet to reflect my new needs. Also, I intuitively knew I needed something ultra-gentle as far as moving my body was concerned, and Callantics popped into my head, I thought it would be perfect! I remembered it from when I was 19 and visiting my mom. I'd do it with her, then go lift some weights. Ha!

I still love the concept of free weights. There something meditative in doing the sets and being present with the feeling in my body. It's hard on the ego though, to go from being able to curl 35 lbs one day, and then struggling with 2lbs the next. Somehow, using my body weight, I don't feel as much pressure on my ego so much. Maybe because there's no numbers?

After 20 some years absent from Callanetics, I slipped a dvd in and pressed play, reliving the wonderful 80's hair and tights, and the first time I heard Callan say, "If that's all you can do, that's okay" I was a mess, I was embarrassed at what had happened to me and what I had allowed to happen to my once amazingly strong, capable body, and I started bawling, giving myself that permission to take the tiny baby steps, replying back to her, "Okay". I cried my way through that first session in '09, and committed to the gentleness my body needs, listening to when I can do more or need to slow down, and learnt not to judge that. It was one of the most powerful and empowering things I've ever learnt, and I've applied it to other aspects of my life as well.

I began to feel more capable in my body again, I began to feel more like myself, and before I knew it, I was doing parkour, and connecting with my body on that deep level again, finding that meditative focus I had with free weights with Callan.

Do listen to the videos. It took me about a year and a half to hear every little piece of advice, noticing how I just wasn't quite doing things correctly. "How did I not hear that?" Every time we get to a point where we don't have to focus so hard to do a movement, it gives us space to hear more.

Keep up the good work Fit4Eva, and enjoy the "winter"!!!
Beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us.
Ouida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 12:22 PM   #220
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
What a journey, Jigglebuster! I knew that you had cataplexy, but I never knew your story.

It seems as though Callanetics has been life changing experience for you. The principles have helped to heal your soul and not just your body. Thank you for sharing your story. You are an inspiration to learn how to persevere and value our health regardless of circumstances or physical conditions.

I think that iím going steal your waffle time with the move that Iím not ready for in SuperC. A couple of planks, pushups and dips sound like the right ticket! Iíve been battling to find the right upper body routine for my circumstances at the moment.

Iíve always known that itís better to listen to the videos, but Iím only now starting to be able to consistently listen to them. Iíve been on a growing, calming stage the last two years. Iíve had to learn how to just be. Iíve been one of the over thinkers who likes to MOVE, push myself and the more that I do so the more that I physically crave it. If I had been a bit more diligent last year, I would have been further along physically, but psychologically I wasnít there yet. Iím finally learning to emotionally embrace a different philosophy as opposed to mentally accepting a calmer method of exercise. I read something the other day, how a women wished she had told her 23-year old self that not all exercises trends work for every body type. I agree with that, but with the addendum that not every exercise method suits every personality/mentality/soul - if that makes sense. A person also changes based on what they go through.
Yes, Callenetics has been very healing for me on every level... and I'm not the only one. I'm not sure how far back we can look, but there have been others over the years who mention how emotionally healing working through the 10/10 dvd has been for them.

Steal away! There are plenty of times, I just need to be during those times she's talking too. I just play it by ear.

Congrats on growing into the calming stage so much! It seems you're healing more than your body too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouida View Post
Beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us.
Thanks Ouida!
Old 06-09-2016, 02:50 PM   #221
fit4eva
Senior LCF Member

Does anyone find themselves yawning when you do the waist and leg stretches?
Old 06-17-2016, 07:03 AM   #222
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

No Yawning here. Perhaps you're not breathing enough?

Cardio Callanetics kicking my peach today. I always forget how challenging it can be, and for those of you looking to do some upper body moves, this definitely does that, but on an endurance level.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:25 AM   #223
Javaholic
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Javaholic
WOE: trying to cut out the junk!
Hi All.

It's not too late, is it?
I am committing to at least 2 hours for the rest of June.
Javaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 02:22 AM   #224
Javaholic
Junior LCF Member

Sorry guys, me again. Would any of you recommend the Complete Callanetics book as being the best book? I am looking for a complete book, one that has the simpler as well as the more advance moves. I could download the ebooks at a fraction of the cost, but I prefer a hard copy. Old fashioned, and all that..
Old 06-27-2016, 12:11 PM   #225
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
I am sorry for not updating this last month.
I am loving callanetics again. Every day I make sure to do my waist bends, leg lifts, arms, abs...
I have not dropped a pound on the scale, but I was able to squeeze (its still obscenely tight) in to my size 18 swimsuit the other day.
Loving how much leaner my body is looking!

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 05:59 PM   #226
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javaholic View Post
Hi All.

It's not too late, is it?
I am committing to at least 2 hours for the rest of June.
Of course not! Come on in!

Quote:
Sorry guys, me again. Would any of you recommend the Complete Callanetics book as being the best book? I am looking for a complete book, one that has the simpler as well as the more advance moves. I could download the ebooks at a fraction of the cost, but I prefer a hard copy. Old fashioned, and all that..
According to the internet, this is the one that has it all. It combines 10/10, Super and others too in one book. I don't have it, myself, but this si the one I've been thinking of grabbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
I am sorry for not updating this last month.
I am loving callanetics again. Every day I make sure to do my waist bends, leg lifts, arms, abs...
I have not dropped a pound on the scale, but I was able to squeeze (its still obscenely tight) in to my size 18 swimsuit the other day.
Loving how much leaner my body is looking!
You are gaining muscle and losing fat at a nice, balanced rate. Good for you!

--------------------------

I am so excited! As some of you know, I like to throw in some push-ups and pull-ups into my Callanetics routine. Well, I have recently acquired a new pull up bar, and unlike my old "Door Gym", I can place the bar anywhere I want in the door frame. I've had the bar for two weeks and it just occurred to me, I can use the bar as my Callantics bar!!! I've never had one of those! So, I'll set my hallway up to use as my exercise space. Thank goodness Callanetics doesn't take much room, eh?

Tonight will be the first time trying this out. Yay!
Old 06-27-2016, 06:53 PM   #227
susanw53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Hello everyone. Geez, it's been a long while, hasn't it? I see everyone's still at it. Good work guys. I've stayed consistent throughout. Had a bit of a slip over the holidays. I went to visit a dear friend and not only neglected Callanetics but overrate for seven weeks. Put on 15 pounds. Yep! That took months to take off, but it's finally ancient history.

It's been a year since Dale died. I look like a totally different woman, thinner, a jawline becoming more established, abs you can see and a noticeable boney structure to my neckline.

I recently got introduced to qi gong and have been practicing the 8 brocades every morning to get the energy channels open. This may be my perfect compliment to Callanetics.

One of these days I'll get my latest pictures posted. This site requires me to size them somewhere else, so I have to remember how to do that. Somewhere around here are my notes.

I'm really just running through and may not be back for another while. I'll try to swing through again in the next couple days. I'm caught up in a consuming project and get lost in time.

It's really good to see you all again. I do miss you and think of you often. It's been a challenging transition, but I'm doing well. I'm into size "large" now, down from "3x". Looking pretty foxy these days.

Happy pulsing all.
susanw53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:56 PM   #228
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Susan...I am so sorry about Dale. I had wondered what happened to you when I came back. <3

Jiggle - Awesome.... I am up to 24 (girl) pushups a night. Hooray for us!

117 pounds total
Old 06-29-2016, 08:48 PM   #229
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

Hey Susan! Nice to see you! Keep us posted, and would totally love to see the new photos!

Partyof8! That is so great! Between that and the Callanetics, you are getting stronger and stronger everyday!
Old 06-30-2016, 12:33 AM   #230
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am! I love it. I am starting to see my body as a source of creativity..I can create it how I want it to be through exercise and diet. This is really empowering me. I've never known about this, that it can be like this instead of it being something you 'have' to do.

117 pounds total
Old 07-02-2016, 08:31 AM   #231
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

I think somewhere along the way the word 'exercise' was ruined for a lot of people. The 'have to' combined with the 'no pain, no gain' attitude took all the fun out of it for a lot of people.

Again, I am surprised by how hard Cardio was this morning. You'd think I'd earn by now! Ha ha!
Old 07-04-2016, 01:49 AM   #232
Javaholic
Junior LCF Member

I am in for 10 sessions this month
Old 07-05-2016, 01:33 PM   #233
Jigglebuster
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am in for 10 sessions this month
Great! Keep us posted on how you're doing!

I am generally trying to keep a minimum of 2 sessions a week, but could possibly do more. I'm pretty active in other ways right now, but I know Callanetics will support all the other things I'm doing.

Happy Pulsing!
Old 07-06-2016, 11:39 AM   #234
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm back in today! Took the week off...

117 pounds total
Old 07-09-2016, 03:14 PM   #235
Ouida
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ouida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
I'm back in today! Took the week off...
Hey Partyof8, Jiggle and Everybody,

I'm on my third week of 2 to 3 Callanetics sessions per week. I'm starting to get that puff around my gut and waist again. My weight has increased and my hips are wider than when I started. Callanetics tries my love for her. To know Callanetics is to love her because in between changes, where things start to shift, make you wonder if you are doing it right. This is not my first Callanetics rodeo so I know that these changes ARE good but they DON'T LOOK good. I'm going to continue to pulse my little heart out until I pulse out the puffs.

I feel great, though! The sleep I get after doing Callanetics is wonderful, too. Checking in to say hello and to say keep on pulsing!
Ouida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 12:53 PM   #236
VVendy
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: VVendy
I want to join

I started Super Callanetics yesterday, 1 hr down! I'm trying to "transform" for a camping trip in about 4 weeks and a wedding in September
VVendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:08 AM   #237
VVendy
Junior LCF Member

2 hrs down!! although the 1 hour workout was probably 2 hrs due to all the breaks I took to get through it!! lol Feeling great, thighs feel tight today. I put my measurements below but I was sneaky and checked really quick this morning to see if 2 hrs does anything and let me say my belly area is down 1 1/2 inches!!! hips I think were also down but I don't remember how much I was in a rush!

I just want to post my weight and measurements yesterday's start date:
Weight: 152.2 (recently just lost 4lbs)
Neck: 13
Right arm: 11 1/2 yuck
Left arm: 11 1/2
Waist: 30
Belly: 34 1/2
Hips: 42 1/2
Right thigh: 19 1/2
Left thigh: 19 1/2
right Calf: 14 1/2
Left calf: 14 1/2
Old 07-21-2016, 09:55 AM   #238
VVendy
Junior LCF Member

I'll keep posting until someone shows up

3 hrs down, sudden weight gain of 1lb yet eating on point
I guess I shouldn't worry but what I thought in inches I lost is back from yesterday, not sure if this is normal. However I did amazing on the abdominal section yesterday I surprised myself. I felt so much stronger already!
Old 07-21-2016, 01:31 PM   #239
fit4eva
Senior LCF Member

@Vvendy

Hi! Nice to meet you.

Yeah, your experience sounds the same as mine. Callanetics does seem to play mind games with a person a lot!

How many times a week are you planning on doing it?
Old 07-21-2016, 04:13 PM   #240
VVendy
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
@Vvendy

Hi! Nice to meet you.

Yeah, your experience sounds the same as mine. Callanetics does seem to play mind games with a person a lot!

How many times a week are you planning on doing it?
right now 5 times a week or everyday to start then I'll drop down to 1-3 times a week or I'll do the evolution. I just need a quick fix to start.