Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-06-2016, 06:19 AM   #31
mickeyschickie
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mickeyschickie
Stats: 253/231/153
WOE: Low Carb Paleo
Start Date: January 2014
Day 6 for me, I've been so tired and thought some of that was no caffeine, I gave up coffee because I think I only like that it is a vehicle for HWC,lol and only had one cup of tea on Saturday, but then this morning I woke up with my period! Two weeks early!! I guess my hormones are changing, I have an awful feeling that dairy may be no good for me at all. I'm just hoping that this will be a turning point in the fatigue.
How is everyone else holding up?
mickeyschickie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2016, 07:17 AM   #32
Keri K
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Keri K
Start Date: Which time?
Day 3 for me and feeling less bloated but not experiencing the absolute awesome sleep that I had during my first Whole 30 just yet. TOM is due any minute for me and I get the night sweats badly beforehand. Last night was no exception.

I'm doing a bunch of cooking prep today and tomorrow to stay ahead in the meal department. With 3 of us doing the Whole 30 that's a whole lot of veggies and protein!
Keri K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:39 PM   #33
Agee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Agee
WOE: zero carb, yo.
Start Date: 7/11/2017
I am so jealous of y'all.
Mostly because you are able to COOK and put your food away and prep and I still have no kitchen.
I am not calling what I'm doing Whole30 because it's not, completely, but it is kind of, if that makes any sense.
I'm eating mostly Whole30 foods...and potato chips and ranch dressing. OMG! For whatever reason I feel compelled to have them. I've also had stir fries with soy sauce.
I am also snacking - Whole30 compliant food but still, snacking is a no-no.
NO sugar. Lots of veggies. Meat. Sweet potatoes. Eggs.
Just not eating sugar is actually a major feat as I had been on a binge. A bad binge. A chocolate bar every day kind of binge.
Anyhoo, once I get my kitchen I will join you! I'm hoping for one week from today.
A
I have been doing LC, on and off, since 1996. The ONLY time I've lost a LOT has been eating vlc, but the ONLY times I've gained it back quick + more has been after vlc. So from now on, it's old school LC all the way!
Agee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:59 PM   #34
HappyToBe
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HappyToBe
Stats: 225/199.0/140 5'3"
WOE: LC/HF/MP
Start Date: July 2015, serious restart Nov 2015
Good going all! Hang in there through the detox part. Lots of water down the hatch too.

I am doing ok on my "Atkins Whole 30-style." Sugar was already low, so not having any terrible feelings. need to get in the kitchen and cook! Can't trust hardly any ready made food.

Drinking other hot drinks too, as coffee w/o HC just isn't the same. I have a cup w/ coconut cream in the am, maybe later in the day if I want it.

Take care of yourselves!
HappyToBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:41 AM   #35
HappyToBe
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HappyToBe
Stats: 225/199.0/140 5'3"
WOE: LC/HF/MP
Start Date: July 2015, serious restart Nov 2015
Hiya!

How's everyone doing? I really need to cook this weekend! I think Sunday will be a mass food prep for next week.

This has been a good week. I think my nose may be a little less stuffy in the am. N=1 as they say!
HappyToBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:31 PM   #36
Keri K
Senior LCF Member

Hey there everyone!

Still plugging along on Day 5 of our second Whole 30. Finally getting the great sleep again. It's like a little gift from heaven.

Going out for lunch with three of my girlfriends and I've already picked from the menu to make sure I can be compliant.
Old 01-10-2016, 04:13 PM   #37
Keri K
Senior LCF Member

Made it through the weekend. Yay! We may be going on a trip toward the end of January so my Whole 30 may be shortened but I'll pick it back up when we get back.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:14 AM   #38
Dottie
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: ADF mostly Paleo
If you're stuck for ideas, google: lifemadefull whole30 meal plan. She has a whole 30s days worth of menu ideas.
also, rubiesandradishes has 40+ whole 30 slow cooker meals

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/

**Every day is up to you. You can choose for it to be a good day or a bad day.**
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:48 PM   #39
Keri K
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Dottie!

Will definitely be shortening up this Whole 30 as we have decided to go on a vacation on Jan 27. Will do a bit of a reintroduction at home before we go but I didn't really have any problems the last round.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:11 AM   #40
Salamander
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Salamander
Stats: 5'0"- 46
WOE: Stillmans
Checking in- lucky day 13 for me

What are opinions on not weighing for 30 days? I can't do it. I'm usually a daily weigher when dieting, but I'm going down to once a week. I think it will keep me on track and allow me to tweak if necessary (like cutting down on fruit.) I'm fine with measuring at beginning and end. (BTW, I lost 3 lbs the first week. My overall goal is 5.)

I'm still missing heavy cream in coffee. For me, there's no suitable substitute. I am committing to no cream for the 14 days. Which means I'll be indulging on Friday (day 15)!

This weekend, I'm attempting to make almond milk. Got my raw almonds and a nut bag.
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 12:15 AM   #41
mickeyschickie
Junior LCF Member

Day 14 check in- doing well, feeling great! I love food and I love cooking, so that hasn't started getting to me yet. Planning out a menu for the month has made it easier for me so I don't feel like I'm just eating the same things all the time. Most recipes have come from NomNom Paleo by Michelle Tam, the 21-Day Sugar Detox by Dianne SanFillippo, and the Whole30 book. My only problem right this second is that I have 4 very ripe avocado on my counter right now!
Old 01-16-2016, 08:44 AM   #42
Salamander
Senior LCF Member

Hi! This is my Day 16- halfway through and I'm very excited. I did my weekly weigh in and have lost 5 lbs in two weeks! That was my 30 day goal. I even had heavy cream in my coffee yesterday, as well as having some white potatoes at lunch! THIS WORKS!!! The thing is, I started at 105.2 and I'm 100.2 today. People always say 'the last 5 lbs' (or 10) is the hardest to lose. Not this time

Now I have to remain focused and not let myself slip. This is my danger zone- in the past, I would say to myself: You reached goal! Now you can have a cookie here, and some toast there, just a little, just a little more, etc. Everything in moderation.... etc etc. I'm determined to behave differently this time. My short term goal is to get through the 30 days as the program was written (well, except for the cream).

Oh and I can lose weight and still have fruit and potatoes??! I like it.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 01-17-2016, 11:51 AM   #43
Agee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Agee
WOE: zero carb, yo.
Start Date: 7/11/2017
My kitchen is (mostly) done so I'm starting tomorrow! I've actually been mostly doing it but not with 100% commitment, so I'm counting tomorrow as day 1, but I'm thinking it won't be hard b/c of being pretty paleo the last 2 weeks.
I don't weigh, so it's not a thing for me. If my pants fit better after 30 days I'll be happy. I am hopeful I can just do this forever, honestly. I don't eat gluten already and mostly don't eat dairy, so this should go pretty well.
I'm hoping to kick menopause's butt with this WOE.
Good going to everyone so far!
I have been doing LC, on and off, since 1996. The ONLY time I've lost a LOT has been eating vlc, but the ONLY times I've gained it back quick + more has been after vlc. So from now on, it's old school LC all the way!
Agee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:27 AM   #44
Salamander
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday! Day 18 for me.

Agee- that's exciting news! I admire you for doing it 'unofficially' during your kitchen work... is it a full remodel?

Hello also to Keri K and mickeyschickie! I wonder what happened to the rest?

I did more prep work yesterday for the week ahead...
Bacon/egg muffins for breakfast.
Cooked a whole chicken and will eat from it for a couple days. Then making broth.
Homemade mayo
zoodles
Chopped lettuce and salad dressing
Lemongrass/ginger/mint tea/spa water

Later this week I will prepare:
Spaghetti squash- add chicken and homemade pesto
Chili with ground bison, grass fed stew meat and butternut squash
Old 01-18-2016, 02:42 PM   #45
mickeyschickie
Junior LCF Member

Still here...nothing remarkable to make note of, just plugging along, into a routine now. Will be sticking with it for as long as I can, so the 30 days will only be a measuring/weighing benchmark for me.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:20 AM   #46
Keri K
Senior LCF Member

Hey all! Sorry I've been MIA. I had a little food detour this weekend for DH's birthday (champagne and some cheese) but am back on again until this coming weekend to reintroduce before a vacation in Punta Cana.

I will be starting again on Day 1 when we get back but will check in here regularly too!

Way to go everyone!
Old 01-19-2016, 02:47 PM   #47
Salamander
Senior LCF Member

My last day in the 'teens'!

Went to Trader Joe's today and stocked up on a bunch of veggies- for $14!
A whole grocery bag of: Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, lemons, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, arugula and romaine hearts.

I've been feeling a bit bloated the last couple days- no idea why. Tummy is jiggly- hope that means that I'm burning off the fat.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:57 AM   #48
Keri K
Senior LCF Member

It's official. Dairy makes my face break out. Sunday's bit of cheese is showing alllllllll over my face in a lovely rash.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:43 AM   #49
Salamander
Senior LCF Member

Keri, that's a bummer but at least you know. Can you do goat or sheep milk? I was getting into those before the whole 30.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:01 PM   #50
mickeyschickie
Junior LCF Member

Ugh, prepping to be snowed in with hubby, three kids and a border collie puppy!! Big crock pot of bone broth on, roast in oven, fridge fully stocked with lots of veggies and hopefully I can sleep through a lot of the restlessness and insanity of being snowbound!
Old 01-23-2016, 12:27 PM   #51
leisha
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leisha
Stats: 210/191/155
WOE: Keto LCHF
Start Date: 2005 Joined LCF Mar 1 '17 Keto
It never crossed my mind that there might be a whole30 group on LCF! I'm on Day 20! I started on Jan 4th. The first week was a little rough but after that I've been cruising right along!

I couldn't help but weigh either and I've lost 10 pounds.....but I have a lot more to lose than y'all, I think! I feel better, I'm sleeping better and I'm not aching in my joints even though it's so cold! (to me at least )
This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psm 118:24
210 208 206 205 204 202 200 198 196 194 192 190 188 186 184 182 180 178 176 174 172 170 169 168 166 163 162 160 158 156
leisha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:21 AM   #52
Salamander
Senior LCF Member

Hi Leisha, thanks for joining us! Congrats on the weight loss

Day 25 for me. Not sure why but I haven't been eating much on the weekends. Just not as hungry, so I'm doing lunch and dinner only. Only lost a couple ounces from week 2 to 3, but tummy is no longer bloated.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:40 PM   #53
mickeyschickie
Junior LCF Member

Yay...the end is in sight! I'm not sure why I'm so happy, because I plan on continuing to stay dairy free, but at least there won't be any feeling of pressure from this challenge. I am very excited to weigh and measure at the end of the week because I am seeing changes in my body. I have so much more energy, feeling great!
Old 01-26-2016, 01:46 PM   #54
Keri K
Senior LCF Member

Heading off for vacation! I'll be back to Whole 30 in February sometime! Good luck all you almost finishers.
Old 01-30-2016, 08:34 AM   #55
Salamander
Senior LCF Member

It's day 30 I can't believe I've made it. Well I still have today... but pretty sure it will be fine

I'm going out to breakfast with my parents. I've already figured out what I'm going to order.

Tomorrow morning is the final weigh in and measure, then I'm going to test dark chocolate. I plan to test an ingredient twice a week and see how it goes.

Overall, it's been a great experience. I have seen many improvements in my energy, sleep, reduced cravings. I have learned how to make bone broth, nut milks, experimented with different meats, and that I can eat fruit and potatoes. Also have switched over to mostly pastured eggs, organic produce and raw nuts/seeds. These are all things that I will continue to do.

It's almost silly that this is such a big deal. It's eating real food and avoiding processed basically. It's kinda sad that in this day and age, this concept is considered revolutionary by most people.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:15 PM   #56
dianthus
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dianthus
Congrats Sal on your 30 days. I am on day#8 and loving it. No cravings for any of the off plan foods. Loving my vegies and meats, tho it is weird to be cutting up vegetables for my morning meals. Looking for more support from others that didn't do the January 1 start. What do most people do after the 30 days? I plan to keep off the dairy and grains but I will probably go back to drinking a glass of wine now and then.
dianthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 05:46 PM   #57
Salamander
Senior LCF Member

I'm so happy for you dianthus!

This is not a very active thread, but hopefully some others will come in. Have you visited the whole30 forum? That one is great to read.

I plan to stay away from gluten, processed packaged foods, corn, peanuts, refined sugar. I'll be testing things like dark chocolate, banana bread with either pure maple syrup or raw honey, wild rice... things like that. Butter (I've been making ghee and that's okay but it's another thing to prepare)

The food prep is so time consuming! Luckily my partner is on board with this way of eating and I don't have kids. I really feel for people that don't have support at home or they still cook the tempting foods for the family.

Oh, and wine... I'm not into it much, but once a week sounds good for me!!!
Old 01-31-2016, 12:53 PM   #58
Tasha Bird
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tasha Bird
Hi Keri. I'm new to this forum but I've been doing W30s off and on for the past 3 years.
This whole 30 I've been shooting for more of a ketogenic approach. I've been reading Jimmy Moore's book Keto Clarity. It's a total game changer. I would never have thought I'd find it so easy and that I would even consider doing it long term. But, I have and I do! No cravings, never really hungry, amazing energy and mental clarity like I felt on w30 but MORE!
Anyway, I wrap up w30 on 2/5. (I got a late start) And, I may add some full fat dairy in as other Keto folks do. But, I'm considering sticking with it for awhile. It's actually hard to imagine stopping, which is super weird, and awesome!
It's really nice to connect here.
Tasha
Tasha Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:56 AM   #59
Salamander
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tasha! That's awesome that you are doing Paleo Keto-style!
For me, I am loving being able to incorporate fruit and potatoes.

So, I'm done! Lost 7.6 lbs! I'm probably at my lowest adult weight now.

I also lost some inches- about 1 1/2 off waist, 1 1/2 off abdomen, and an inch on each thigh.

Yesterday I had a little maple syrup as a test and everything seems fine so far.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:27 AM   #60
mickeyschickie
Junior LCF Member

Finish on Saturday, I lost 13 pounds, 4 inches overall. But more importantly, I feel awesome and staying strong!