Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-03-2016, 09:46 AM   #61
leisha
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leisha
Stats: 210/195/155
WOE: Counting Calories
Start Date: 2005 Joined LCF
I finished my whole 30 last night with meal 3!! Funny thing is I don't want to stop either. I feel better. I think mentally, as much as physically. It is such a relief not to spend my time regretting the crap I just ate. I don't know if that makes sense but I know too much about good nutrition and how it can poison or heal you to keep making the crazy choices I've been making over these past few years.

Congratulations to all! I'm guess I'm on day 31 now! It feels too good to change anything yet. I'm sure that time will come....and soon.

Have a wonderful day!!

This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psm 118:24

210 208 206 204 202 200 198 196 194 192 190 188 186 184 182 180 178 176 174 172 170 169 168 166 163 162 160 158 156
leisha is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2016, 02:21 PM   #62
Salamander
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Salamander
Stats: 5'0"- 46
WOE: Stillmans
Great job ladies!!
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:00 AM   #63
Keri K
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Keri K
Start Date: Which time?
Back from my trip to Punta Cana to an all inclusive and only gained 2 lbs!! Woot!

Day 2 of back on the wagon here. I'm doing this as more of a Whole 30ish instead of counting days. If we have something social and I want to have a glass of wine, I will. I will then climb right back to Paleo/Whole 30 afterward.
Keri K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:09 AM   #64
AmyCALP
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyCALP
Stats: 219/210/135
WOE: CALP/The Wild Diet/Paleo
Start Date: 1/16/16
THANKS for starting this thread. 5.5 pounds lost in 28 days on modified PALEO with some intermittent fasting and 1 meal off per week. SO FAR....I love it.

Right now I am in the middle of a 21-Day-Challenge with Paleo Blueprint (Mark's Daily Apple). I am also pretty much following "The Wild Diet" by Abel James. No sugar, no grains, but I do whole-fat cheese, and heavy cream, grass-fed butter, etc.

Rock on, everybody!
AmyCALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:47 AM   #65
dianthus
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dianthus
So happy I started Whole30 21 days ago. Days pass slowly this time of year in my northern Michigan sleepy town, but if I hadn't started 3 weeks ago, time still would have passed and I would be as sluggish and carb-laden as an old bear. I am actually enjoying taking my dogs for walks, shovelling snow and snowshoeing for fun, rather than burrowing into my comforter with a box of cookies. On to the 30 days, then....probably just continue with the plan--it is that satisfying and effective.
dianthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:31 PM   #66
Keri K
Senior LCF Member

Back down to my low weight with Whole30 eating this week. I still have so much to lose but I'm not as frantic as I usually am because I really like eating like this. Last night the good sleep was back! Woot!
Old 02-15-2016, 10:45 AM   #67
AmyCALP
Junior LCF Member

YAY, KeriK! Dianthus...so glad you are here.
I am doing well.

It is easy, when there is 1 meal off every week. I have no trouble eating this way, am starting to actually enjoy cooking, and it is becoming a HABIT! Hurray!

Start weight: 219
Now: 213
Goal:135

So glad there are others out there losing weight and getting healthy!

Last edited by AmyCALP; 02-15-2016 at 10:47 AM..
Old 02-15-2016, 11:56 AM   #68
dianthus
Junior LCF Member

WTG Amy. What is the deal with one meal off per week? Sounds good. I am now at a point where I don't want to be off the plan. I actually lost track of how many days it has been on Whole30. After many false restarts, this method has stuck. Hi KeriK. Good to see you.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:00 AM   #69
dianthus
Junior LCF Member

Day 30 of Whole30!!! I confess that I did have a glass of red wine on day 27. I had bought a bottle to have on hand after the initial 30 days, but my DH made me dinner and poured me a glass. So, while not totally clean, my whole30 was a great experience. I haven't weighed yet, but I feel more energetic, I am sleeping well, with no heartburn or cravings. Next step: 30 more days on the same plan. Why not?
Old 02-23-2016, 09:56 AM   #70
Keri K
Senior LCF Member

Dianthus, don't sweat the one glass of wine! Good for you.

I'm still plugging along. I'd say we are about 80% compliant but have to make due when we are travelling. We will be doing a ton of road travel over the next year and it's really hard to eat whole foods in restaurants that don't break the bank!
Old 02-25-2016, 03:29 PM   #71
Salamander
Senior LCF Member

I'm still doin' the plan, except I'm using organic cream and Kerrygold butter. I consume about 1 -1/2 oz of dark chocolate daily and think I need to cut that down because it can be a slippery slope.

Last weekend my step mom had me over for brunch. She is so awesome- was going to make swedish pancakes but I told her I can't eat those. She did quiche instead- even made a small crust free one for me. It was delicious, but it had cheese in it. I don't think that was a problem, but she also made the most moist and bananay banana bread. Which I had that day and the next day. Couple days later I was bloated. So I think that I had a delayed reaction to the flour... but also it might be close to TOM. I went off the pill in December so I don't know when it's coming, but I had the headache over my eyes this morning, which is the classic sign for me.

When I was on the Whole 30 I collected all kinds of recipes for paleo breads, but now I don't want to make them. I have went this long without it, and I don't want a sandwich so why make the bread? This does not include banana/zucchini bread.... but those will be made very infrequently!
Old 02-27-2016, 08:17 AM   #72
AmyCALP
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianthus View Post
WTG Amy. What is the deal with one meal off per week? Sounds good. I am now at a point where I don't want to be off the plan. I actually lost track of how many days it has been on Whole30. After many false restarts, this method has stuck. Hi KeriK. Good to see you.
It is a "The Wild Diet" thing. It was also in the first PALEO book by Loren Cordain. It definitely is helpful, but I do not crave the "garbage food" anymore. It is a way to get what I DO crave once a week, while also following the 90/10 percent food plan.

I lose about a pound a week without any pain, craving, or hunger. I even skip breakfast two or three times a week and have Bulletproof coffee instead. Maybe tonight, for my meal off, I will have chicken pot pie....
Old 02-28-2016, 07:04 AM   #73
Dottie
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: Wild/Primal/Paleo
You can have an off-plan meal once a week on Wild, but you don't have to
Also, they do suggest your off-plan meal stay as natural as possible to avoid tummy issues, headaches, or other problems (carb crash, etc)

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/

**Every day is up to you. You can choose for it to be a good day or a bad day.**
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:07 AM   #74
dianthus
Junior LCF Member

Amy, It sounds like you are in a good place. I finished the Whole30, and I am still on plan with an occasional glass of wine. I am still eliminating the grains and dairy and legumes. An occasional off plan meal would be a treat, but I am not ready to jinx this feeling. I'll look up the book to see if it might work for me in the future.

Salamander, Your step mom sounds great--very supportive. I agree with the ersatz bread--not worth the effort to locate all the unusual ingredients and spend the time for a less than satisfying end result. I don't need a piece of fake toast or sandwich. I am fine without.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:58 AM   #75
Keri K
Senior LCF Member

Happy March everyone! We will begin a ton of truck travelling around mid March so I'm on the wagon while I still have complete control over cooking. We will have approx 10 truck trips across Canada this year and there will be too much restaurant eating.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:51 PM   #76
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Hi all! Starting this on Tues as I need to do some prep work prior. I could, IMO, stand to lose 5-7 pounds. My big thing is I am 53 and am tired. My hormones are balanced (BHRT) as is my thyroid but I can't seem to shake being tired and my sleep sucks unless I take a lot of sleeping meds. I have a sneaking suspicion I may have more issues with either grains or dairy than I know so I thought I would try this as some one said upstream, it is basically an elimination diet. After this, I will transition to primal to see if I can handle dairy.

I need to do some reading and access some recipes but i think I can do this. I'm looking at the shopping list and some things don't make sense. Raisins? Dates? Mango, Bananas?? I think I'll do only berries. Thank God Costco has frozen organic berry blends. And I'm going to allow Truvia. On the berries only.

Do any of you just buy ghee? I have a lot of butter and could make it. I bought some from here but really didn't like it.

My Avi is my horse Victor and me Heritage Park horse trials 5/16

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Hadel Briles
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:17 AM   #77
Salamander
Senior LCF Member

Hi Cindy,
Did you start yesterday? Are you doing a whole 30-type challenge? How's it going?

Doing just berries for fruit is great. I would stay far away from dried fruit and bananas due to the high sugar concentration.

Ghee is pretty expensive. I buy Kerrygold butter and make my own ghee. It takes a little time but saves a lot of money! It's great for cooking at high temps.

I've been slipping here and there the last couple weeks... need to get back on track myself! Hope to hear from you...
Old 04-07-2016, 08:22 PM   #78
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
Hi Cindy,
Did you start yesterday? Are you doing a whole 30-type challenge? How's it going?

Doing just berries for fruit is great. I would stay far away from dried fruit and bananas due to the high sugar concentration.

Ghee is pretty expensive. I buy Kerrygold butter and make my own ghee. It takes a little time but saves a lot of money! It's great for cooking at high temps.

I've been slipping here and there the last couple weeks... need to get back on track myself! Hope to hear from you...
Actually better than expected. I made ghee (well, clarified butter) and am allowing Whole Foods organics unsweetened almond milk. Funny about the Truvia. 2 days off sugar and a naked sweet potato tastes SO sweet. It's like dessert. Making a flax meal/almond flour bun tomorrow. I purchased a paleo bread at WF to kinda bridge the start of this as I usually have a whole grain toast and 2 eggs for breakfast. Bought a bag of avocados, large bag of greens, frozen blueberrys/triple berry mix/strawberrys. I know protein powder isn't allowed but didn't see why frozen berry/almond milk/ 2 raw eggs in a blender wouldn't be (if almond milk were allowed which I am making part of my plan). Roasting bell peppers/onions/jalapenos in the oven tomorrow along with a pan of butternut squash.

Prep is everything. Having stuff to grab when you are hungry and don't want to wait is key. I bought a paleo friendly nut butter (literally seeds and approved nuts which again, is not encouraged on the whole30) but eat a couple of spoons and you can buy some time to make something.

Breakfast was 3 huge strawberrys, 2 eggs and an avocado. Lunch was 2 slices paleo bread with the nut butter and an apple, snack was a chicken spinach sausage (organic from Costco, Coleman brand...again, a bridge until I get more creative) dinner was salmon, a sweet potato and garlic sauteed greens. Luckily we like fish.

Pinterest is a godsend! Tons of Whole30/Paleo recipes. The goal is to do 30 days, then go to primal which adds dairy. Honestly, I just want to add yogurt and milk for the coffee!

Drinking club soda and lime, coffee and water with maybe a glass of almond milk per day.

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 04-07-2016 at 08:25 PM..
Old 04-14-2016, 01:05 PM   #79
Kim M
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kim M
Stats: 303highest/274.5/200
WOE: Whole30
Start Date: March 21
On my last days of my first 30( began March 21).

I've just found the group/boards and this looks like a great resource!

I did have two events which I "cheated", - a wedding where I had two glasses of wine, and a small slice of wedding cake. I can attest that the next day my tummy was not happy.

Otherwise I feel amazing. I plan to continue a little longer, considering my slip up and go from April 3 as my start.

The hardest was the cream in my coffee, but found that I only used the coconut milk for a week, and then due to my own forgetfulness I missed grabbing another can while grocery shopping. I've been going black coffee ever since the second week and am actually doing okay with it.

I'm looking forward to getting inspiration from these boards for integrating certain things back in down the line- but so happy I have made this change in my eating habits.
Kim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:23 PM   #80
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim M View Post
On my last days of my first 30( began March 21).

I've just found the group/boards and this looks like a great resource!

I did have two events which I "cheated", - a wedding where I had two glasses of wine, and a small slice of wedding cake. I can attest that the next day my tummy was not happy.

Otherwise I feel amazing. I plan to continue a little longer, considering my slip up and go from April 3 as my start.

The hardest was the cream in my coffee, but found that I only used the coconut milk for a week, and then due to my own forgetfulness I missed grabbing another can while grocery shopping. I've been going black coffee ever since the second week and am actually doing okay with it.

I'm looking forward to getting inspiration from these boards for integrating certain things back in down the line- but so happy I have made this change in my eating habits.
No milk in the coffee is the worst part!! Don't forget to post in the Organic And natural eating threads too as they may get more traffic. Welcome!

Old 04-26-2016, 06:59 AM   #81
TheSouthernPrincess
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 350/200/???
WOE: VSG/Whole 30
Start Date: VSG 10/31/2014
My husband and I just started Whole 30 yesterday. We are so excited!! He is struggling with not having soda, because he drinks a crazy amount of soda a day, upwards of 2 liters Yesterday he had a caffeine headache, so took some excedrine and that helped a lot. I had a gastric sleeve 1 1/2 years ago and lost 150lbs. I've kept it off, but I still have about 20 lbs that I would like to lose. Looking forward to the great support here!
Old 04-26-2016, 02:44 PM   #82
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthernPrincess View Post
My husband and I just started Whole 30 yesterday. We are so excited!! He is struggling with not having soda, because he drinks a crazy amount of soda a day, upwards of 2 liters Yesterday he had a caffeine headache, so took some excedrine and that helped a lot. I had a gastric sleeve 1 1/2 years ago and lost 150lbs. I've kept it off, but I still have about 20 lbs that I would like to lose. Looking forward to the great support here!
This probably won't work for your husband but I have been drinking the sparkling water stuff with lime. He can drink coffee. It's the caffeine he's withdrawing from.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:02 AM   #83
TheSouthernPrincess
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Cindy! Coffee gives him heartburn unfortunately and he doesn't like tea so he is caffeine free, except for the occasional excedrine. Sparkling water with lime sounds great though! Today is day three and we are doing great! I'm craving chocolate lol, but this too shall pass. I made prosciutto egg muffins for breakfast and hubby took it to work. He works at the same school as my sister and she thought it was an egg mcmuffin from the smell and was about to get on to him for cheating lol!
Old 04-27-2016, 02:24 PM   #84
Dottie
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: Wild/Primal/Paleo
Google "cold brew coffee" -it has a lot less acid, is easy to make at home, and you make a concentrate so you can make it as strong or light as you like
It may work for your hubby.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/

**Every day is up to you. You can choose for it to be a good day or a bad day.**
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:07 AM   #85
TheSouthernPrincess
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Dottie I'll check that out