Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-05-2016, 09:17 AM   #1
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
2016 South Beach Diet Checkin!

Hello all...Please use this thread as a place to ask questions, talk about your successes, and get support for any issues you may be having on the South Beach Diet in 2016.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2016, 09:25 AM   #2
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Let's just say that 2015 was not a good year for me weight-wise and I am determined that 2016 will be a much more focused year. I've got some really big events coming up including a family wedding - and I want to look great for them!!

I am on day 2 of Phase 1 of the SBD and have expunged all non-Plan foods from my house. We're stocked up on veggies, lean protein and fresh herbs. Let's get cooking!

Anybody else starting out fresh this week? Feel free to chime in.

Yesterday's menu:

B: nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
S: Laughing Cow Lite wedge with celery
L: Chicken, light mayo, salad greens
S: Laughing Cow lite wedge with celery
D: Home-made Mexican Chicken Vegetable soup

No exercise unfortunately
Old 01-10-2016, 07:49 AM   #3
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Looks like no other takers for starting up the SBD in 2016...but heck, I am reporting my progress anyway.

4 lbs down in week 1 and 4 days of vigorous aerobic exercise. Clean Phase 1 eating (except for a few carrots in a soup). It was tough being out with some friends and sticking to club soda, but I got it done!
Old 01-11-2016, 06:25 PM   #4
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buckhuntress
Start Date: 1/2005
Hi Wiz!

I started back phase 1 today, I'm at an all time high for weight and really trying to focus again.

I did eat OP today, and went shopping to stock up for success

Tired tonight, will start posting my meals tomorrow.

I printed off a bunch of recipes from Kalyn's Kitchen too, I love her site and it takes the thought out of planning for me
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 06:07 AM   #5
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Hi BH!!

So glad to see you back here. I've lost 5.8 lbs in the last 8 days. My holiday weight is almost gone (2/10ths of a lb to go!) I did add some blueberries back in to my diet yesterday, a 1/4 cup for my yogurt. And I have been eating carrots all along, adding them to soups and stews. But other than that, I have been very strict.

I agree with you that planning is the key to success. Plotting out your meals, shopping for them and having some stuff prepped is the way to go. I've been making a lot of stuff we can have 2 nights. Last week I made a lean beef stew, which we had twice. And I made my turkey spinach meatloaf, which we had twice as well. I poached some chicken breasts, shredded the meat, and have been having it in salads all week for lunch.

I haven't been quite as good with my exercise, although I have been doing some stuff. My focus these first two weeks is getting back into good eating habits, I will up my exercise next week. One day at a time...

Menu:

B: 2 egg omelet with breakfast chicken sausage and salsa
L: Chicken over salad greens, with tomato, parm cheese and balsamic vinegar
S: greek yogurt with 1/4 cup blueberries
D: Turkey spinach meatloaf, roasted eggplant cubes

Last edited by wiz; 01-12-2016 at 06:11 AM..
Old 01-12-2016, 05:42 PM   #6
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

Hey Wiz, do you use a Fitbit?

I ate too much today I think; but I was hungry for some reason

B: 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 thin slices deli ham (black forest...I think that is ok?) and a can of V8

S: plain greek yogurt with almonds, cinnamon and equal

L: tossed salad with black olives, chicken breast, oil and vinegar

D: I made Kalyn's 3 cheese chicken and asparagus dinner...so yummy!

I need to start the exercise thing too....eventually.

My starting weight was 132.8 Monday (I used to weigh 108)...will weigh in again on Monday

Your meals sound delicious and well planned, I need good ideas like you!
Old 01-13-2016, 06:36 AM   #7
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

No, I don't use a Fitbit. I exercise for my mental well-being as much as my physical body. I'm not that concerned about the statistics of it all. It's more about how I feel after I finish up.

Ham is okay. Most types do have some sugar via the curing process, so it's good to read the labels (or go on-line to check out the ingredients if buying from the Deli counter.) I do eat ham, but not often.

Your menu looks good!

I was not as attentive yesterday due to some family drama. I didn't eat enough veggies and definitely didn't get all my water in. But I have a clean slate today and plan to do better

Just finished up 18 miles on my exercise bike and am ready to face the day!!
Old 01-13-2016, 07:40 AM   #8
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

I have a very old Total Gym in my home I'm thinking of dusting off and giving a try.

Today Im playing catch up on chores, my work schedule has been crazy.

Planning ahead and made a white bean and kale soup in the crock pot, again courtesy of Kalyn! I have a doctor's appt right after work tomorrow so I need supper ready! I had coffee for breakfast so when the soup was done I had a small bowl of that late morning. Meeting my Dad for lunch and thinking of ordering a taco salad not in the shell. Probably a little on the fattening side but I want to be really full because then I work evening shift tonight and will pack a small homemade chef's salad to finish up the day later with.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:46 AM   #9
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post

Planning ahead and made a white bean and kale soup in the crock pot, again courtesy of Kalyn! I have a doctor's appt right after work tomorrow so I need supper ready! I had coffee for breakfast so when the soup was done I had a small bowl of that late morning. Meeting my Dad for lunch and thinking of ordering a taco salad not in the shell. Probably a little on the fattening side but I want to be really full because then I work evening shift tonight and will pack a small homemade chef's salad to finish up the day later with.
That soup sounds great for the crockpot! I do one with spinach and white beans, which includes tomatoes.

I do sometimes get a taco salad, and yes, they can be fatty - but they have lots of flavor. I just make sure if I am going the higher fat route, I cut back on something else along the way. It's a special treat kind of meal.

And good for you, planning ahead for when you work nights!
Old 01-14-2016, 03:31 AM   #10
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

B: not hungry, just coffee for now

S: plain yogurt with almonds

L: salad with turkey, ham, LF swiss, RF ranch dressing

D: white bean and Kale soup, RF cheese

Well I didn't win powerball so off to work I go! LOL

Had a glass of wine last night, back on track today
Old 01-14-2016, 08:05 AM   #11
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah, no powerball for me either!

First run of the New Year...my knee was been killing me so I wanted to lose a few lbs before I started up again. I only did 3 miles, but it felt great to be out there running (even if it was freezing!)

Scale continuing to move down...6.5 lbs so far. Holiday weight was officially off as of this morning, and now trying to lose the other lbs I gained in 2015. I really want to be down 10 lbs before my Vegas Sales Conference on the 25th - but that may be tough.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:32 PM   #12
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

You go girl! You got this!
Old 01-18-2016, 08:17 AM   #13
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Slight uptick on the scale this morning after a dinner out with friends over the weekend . I was hoping that all the exercise I did this weekend would counter-balance what I ate (and yes, drank) but it didn't work out that way!

I will do a Phase 1 day or two, and hopefully get back on track. This always seems to happen when I move from Phase 1 to Phase 2. I go a little too quickly with adding foods back in. I particularly have to be careful adding wine.

Off to NYC for some business travel tomorrow, back on Thursday night. Fingers crossed I can make good choices along the way.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:19 PM   #14
jlk0620
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jlk0620
Stats: 185/178/140
Start Date: January 2016
Hello, I am new here but just started SBD 2 weeks ago- transitioning into Phase 2- hoping i don't over do it!
jlk0620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:20 AM   #15
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

Welcome jlk! Great that you got through the first 2 weeks!

The weekend could have gone better, more like a phase 2. Been working too much so planning and preparing gets a little more challenging. And now they are predicting snow for the weekend. Pay day tomorrow. Gonna get to the store after work and stock up on everything healthy!

Scale stayed the same this week. I really need a good 2 weeks of phase 1 to get a jump start.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:18 AM   #16
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Hello all!

Sorry to be MIA...two back-to-back business trips plus a blizzard in between has made for a tough couple of weeks. I plan to do a Phase 1 week to get back on track. Just finished up a brisk 5-mile walk and have a healthy dinner planned for tonight.

Welcome jlk!! Hope Phase 2 is going well for you.

Buckhuntress, how are things for you??

Old 01-31-2016, 04:01 PM   #17
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

I'm doing good wiz! I weigh in on Wednesday. I've added working out with the total gym to my routine. I did phase 1 M-F with 6 days of work outs. Ate whatever in moderation this weekend, back on track tomorrow (no sweets but did indulge in wine and bread)
I dont know why, just lost my motivation over the weekend but worked out again today and have a meal plan so back on track!
We missed the snow here wiz, couple of inches only...getting a warm up this week in Boston
Old 02-02-2016, 06:56 AM   #18
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

I weighed in today and am exactly where I was 2 weeks ago. Down 7 lbs. The good news is I didn't gain any weight doing all that business travel, but the bad news is that I still have a LONG way to go to hit my target weight. Oh well, it sure beats gaining weight!!

Yesterday's menu:

B: crustless quiche (spinach, roasted red peppers, tomatoes plus RF cheddar)
S: None
L: Mixed greens with tuna, celery, carrots, red pepper and lite mayo
S: Celery with salsa
D: Oven-roasted pork tenderloin (marinated in balsamic vinegar, EVOO, mustard and fresh basil) and seasoned cauliflower, Greek Yogurt and blueberries for dessert

I did 10 miles on my exercise bike and a brisk 4 mile walk.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:57 AM   #19
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

checking in quick, work has been very demanding. Finally get a day off tomorrow!
I've been doing a phase 1.5 and working out with the total gym everyday. Barely down a couple of pounds but I feel better and I'm gonna stick with it. Hoping to see some results on the scale and my body soon
Old 02-12-2016, 09:30 AM   #20
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Nice work, Buckhuntress!

Things are pretty much status quo for me. I haven't lost any more, but I haven't gained any either. Hoping to see some movement on the scale, but it has been tough going with the cold weather, business trips, etc.

As I write that - I just said to myself - it's always easy to find an excuse NOT to lose weight, isn't it? Oh well, I am with you, I am keeping up my good habits and I certainly feel better than I did on January 1.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:24 AM   #21
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

Taking my first Yoga class today, hopefully that helps too!
Scale finally moved...down 3 lbs this morning. I'll take it.
Still trying to do phase 1 but its been more like 1.5. Had some wine last night, and I'm thinking of having sweet potato with dinner tonight
Old 02-16-2016, 12:33 PM   #22
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
Taking my first Yoga class today, hopefully that helps too!
Scale finally moved...down 3 lbs this morning. I'll take it.
Still trying to do phase 1 but its been more like 1.5. Had some wine last night, and I'm thinking of having sweet potato with dinner tonight
3 lbs? That is awesome!! Congrats.

Just got back from a wonderful weekend in NYC (our Christmas gift to each other.) We saw a show, went to a hockey game, brunch, etc. No weigh-in today, I will see how things are going tomorrow.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:59 PM   #23
michele777
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michele777
WOE: Low carb
Hi wiz!
Long time no speak!
I fell way off the wagon after my son passed.
I'm read to get back on low carb.
Not sure it's going to be SBD this time, but it will be low carb for sure because nothing else seems to work.
Have you ever heard from rose? I still worry about her.
How is all with you?
Hi buck huntress and anyone else still here that I haven't spoke to in a long time.
Hope all is goin well!
❤️
Michele
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:18 PM   #24
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michele777 View Post
Hi wiz!
Long time no speak!
I fell way off the wagon after my son passed.
I'm read to get back on low carb.
Not sure it's going to be SBD this time, but it will be low carb for sure because nothing else seems to work.
Have you ever heard from rose? I still worry about her.
How is all with you?
Hi buck huntress and anyone else still here that I haven't spoke to in a long time.
Hope all is goin well!
❤️
Michele
Michele, so nice to see your smiling face!! No, I never did hear anything from Rose...it has been a very long time now since she posted.

I am back on SBD and started out well, but have been stalled the last couple of weeks. Something always seems to crop up that persuades me to go off plan for a day or two - which ends up making me gain 2 to 3 lbs back. And then I spend the following week trying to lose it again.

In any case, we have 2 weekends coming up with hardly any plans. I am really hoping to work hard over the next 14 days to see more progress.

My mini goal is to drop down to the next "decade" on the scale by end of next week, which should be doable.

Even if you don't decide to do SBD, feel free to post here anyway!!
Old 02-18-2016, 07:34 PM   #25
michele777
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michele777
WOE: Low carb
Ugh
I was hoping you had heard from Rose!
That is upsetting.
I tried going low fat, high "healthy" carbs, and counting calories.
Epic fail!
I'm thinking of going more Atkins type of low carb.
I do so well on phase one of SBD but not moving on to phase two.

So we shall see...
Happy to be back and low carbing!
❤️
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:20 AM   #26
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

On a business trip in Atlanta...did great at dinner yesterday. Had a grilled chicken breast with sauteed spinach and grilled tomato slices. One more restaurant meal to go at lunch today, hopefully I can get a salad with protein.

And I got a short 3-mile run in this morning!
Old 02-22-2016, 07:54 AM   #27
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

I wasn't stellar this weekend, but I wasn't bad either! Two 5-mile walks, lots of salads, lean proteins, etc. but I did indulge in wine and a dinner out on Saturday night. I was up a bit on the scale, but hope to be back on track after a Phase 1 Monday.

I got a great 4-mile run in this morning. I've got dinner prepped - it's my SBD friendly version of Chicken Divan. Love a casserole!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready to hit the ground running this week. I am determined to hit a new "decade" on the scale by Friday
Old 02-23-2016, 03:09 PM   #28
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

checkin in quick, fell off the wagon a bit. We went away for a long weekend and I really need to do some good shopping and planning. Have a little time off tomorrow so that should help.

Hi Michelle! good to hear from you and see you posting again

Wish we knew what happened to rose
Old 02-25-2016, 07:48 AM   #29
Spod
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spod
Stats: 245/203/160
Start Date: March 23, 2015 Restart
Hey all! Checking back in after a long time away. I broke my toe and hurt my back at the end of last summer. That's coupled with some health issues my poor baby boy was having put me off both the gym and my diet. A very stressful time, but I'm back on track! Been back on SB since 1/18 and down 16 lbs, which pretty much accounts for the weight I gained back last year. Hoping to lose another 8/month until summer so I can hopefully get back to my wedding weight (my lowest adult weight).
Just wanted to share I've found some GREAT recipes recently that are crock pot LC soups. I've been using reduced fat ingredients to make them more SB compliant. So far I've done chicken chowder, clam chowder, broccoli cheese soup, spicy cheeseburger soup and beanless chili. I'm totally into these meals during the cold months when I crave homey food. I also
Found a great coconut flour waffle recipe my kids are loving too. So my SB foods are way expanded and I'm finding this round to be much more enjoyable! I'm a foodie, so the expanded flavor in my diet are really making me happy. Lmk if you wnat me to post any recipes. Glad to see a few of you are still on SB and doing well!
Goal #1: 230 - met 4/18 after 1 month! Goal #2: 215 - met 5/31, Goal #3: 200 met 7/1
2016 Starting Weight: 226
Goal #1: 210 met 2/25
Goal #2: 200
Goal #3: 190
Goal #4: 180

Last edited by Spod; 02-25-2016 at 07:49 AM..
Spod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 01:37 PM   #30
wiz
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Spod, nice to see you back!! And wow, 16 lbs, that is awesome. You're in a groove...

Yesterday morning was my low weight so far in 2016, another 1/2 lb gone. It's been really slow for me this time, but as my original goal was to lose 15 lbs, I am exactly halfway there. Although now that I am in the midst of losing, I would really like to lose 20 lbs. But we will see what happens...life always seems to get in the way, doesn't it?

I had an amazing lunch at a business meeting in NYC yesterday. It was an organic chicken breast over a salad of quinoa, arugula, slivered almonds, hunks of avocado and thinly sliced radishes. Absolutely delish!

We're having Turkey Spinach Meatloaf tonight, one of my husband's favorites.