Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-10-2016, 08:18 AM   #31
kind
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kind
WOE: Good fats, Plant base,calarie counting>1200
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi,Everyone.
My name is Janet{Kind]
I don't have the book South Beach. But I have been for almost 3 years, eating good healthy,foods. Lots of greens, veggies, lean meats.Mostly Grill chicken breast and I watch my calaries.{1.200
I just started walking 8 miles 3.5 days a week at the YMCA and I was doing some weight machines there. But in Aug. going to go do my first hiking. so walking/.
It takes me 2.5 hrs to walk 8 miles but for me good.and i have just started a month and a half ago.
I also have a fit bit.
Would you all mine if I came in? I think your tips would be good for me.
Or maybe i should wait and see about the book?
Have a good day and hope to meet u all and reach healthy goals.
kind is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2016, 02:26 PM   #32
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buckhuntress
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2005
welcome kind!

I need to get back on track...why is it so hard these days?

Also trying to incorporate the total gym and yoga 3-5x/week

Something has to work!
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:16 AM   #33
wiz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hi all, sorry to be MIA for a while...I was away on business, then had a really nice long weekend trip with Mr Wiz in Puerto Rico and am finally back in the swing of things. I attached a pic from our trip taken at Castillo San Cristobal in Old San Juan.

Note to self: if you want to stay on the SBD, don't go to Puerto Rico!! Wow, they eat a lot of carbs. It was tough to find veggies at meal times. On the other hand, we did a ton of exercise while there - walking, biking, swimming.

I haven't gotten on the scale since we got back, but I will weigh in tomorrow after 2 days of Phase 1. I need to see where things are at and hold myself accountable.

Welcome Kind!! Sounds like you are doing well already. Glad to see you join us.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 041.jpg (67.4 KB, 8 views)
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 03:42 PM   #34
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Tina-Marie
Stats: -68 lbs so far
WOE: SB mostly
Start Date: March 9, 2016
Greetings,

It seems that there are not as many SB posters. About 10 yrs ago, I started the SB diet and lost 125 lbs. over a 2 yr period. Some changes and losses in my life turned me back to where I find the most comfort.... Food. Now I am at a place mentally and spiritually that I can try this again. Of course, i am starting all over. It will sure be nice to have support from other in the same place, needing to get healthy.

My daughter is doing this with me. She is 21 needs to loose about 50 lbs. I on the other hand need to loose a lot more then that. My first goal is 20 lbs. then 50, then 75 then 100....

Ciao for now,

Last edited by Tina-Marie; 03-26-2016 at 03:44 PM..
Tina-Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:40 AM   #35
wiz
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Tina-Marie...yes, things have been somewhat slow around here. I don't know about everyone else, but things have been really busy!!

Good luck to you and your daughter!
Old 04-20-2016, 12:50 PM   #36
raytamtay3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: raytamtay3
Stats: SW: 142.6 - GW: 130 Ht. 5'6"
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: September 29, 2014
I'm Back!

Hi! I'm back as well! Today is day three for me. I find that SB works really well for me. Thankfully I haven't gained anything since being on here last time and in fact lost some. I've been doing the Organic ACV for a long time now and I truly think it's helped keep the weight off because heaven knows I ate stuff I hadn't touched in a long time (cakes, candy, breads, etc.) So anyway, I would like to lost 10 lbs. by summer so I'm back on the plan. I'm currently at 142.6.

Last edited by raytamtay3; 04-20-2016 at 12:51 PM..
raytamtay3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:57 AM   #37
wiz
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytamtay3 View Post
Hi! I'm back as well! Today is day three for me. I find that SB works really well for me. Thankfully I haven't gained anything since being on here last time and in fact lost some. I've been doing the Organic ACV for a long time now and I truly think it's helped keep the weight off because heaven knows I ate stuff I hadn't touched in a long time (cakes, candy, breads, etc.) So anyway, I would like to lost 10 lbs. by summer so I'm back on the plan. I'm currently at 142.6.
Welcome back! As you can see, it has been very slow going on here. Not many posters

I have personally been off plan for weeks now. Every time I want to get my act in gear, I just cannot get motivated to string together enough good days. sigh...
Old 04-21-2016, 10:57 AM   #38
raytamtay3
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Wiz. Yeah, once off plan it's hard to get back in to it.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:16 AM   #39
wiz
Senior LCF Member

Isn't that the truth?? And then once you are back in the groove, it can be so easy to keep going. It is truly hardest to find the moment of saying - yes, I am dedicated to this way of eating and I will DO IT!
Old 04-24-2016, 06:53 AM   #40
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! I've been MIA too. At 46 years old I had to get braces. They went on 4/6 and I've been living off of all the wrong foods due to not being able to chew and the inside of my cheeks and outside of my tongue being torn up from getting used to them. Mashed potatoes, soup, ice cream have been my diet along with yogurt, cottage cheese, mac n cheese and apple sauce. It's not pretty lol. I'm just starting to feel like I can chew again so hoping to try to get back on plan.
I have added exercise into my life...I have a TotalGym at home and I've been introduced to yoga.
Hopefully we can get this board going again and support each other!
Old 04-24-2016, 07:15 AM   #41
Spammie
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Spammie
Stats: Highgest 245 CW 229 Goal 17
Start Date: 4/22/16
Another Newbie

I'm a total newbie to SBD, or any diet for that matter. I'm on day 3 of Phase 1. Looking forward to getting on the scale in 4 more days as I'm only weighing in once a week. Hardest time? It is giving up sweets before bedtime. Going out today to find sugar free popsicles...hopefully banana. I've already learned a ton of info from older postings. Thank you.
PS- I keep my book handy to reinforce the plan in my head.

Last edited by Spammie; 04-24-2016 at 07:16 AM.. Reason: eta
Spammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:43 AM   #42
raytamtay3
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back buckhuntree and welcome Spammie! It's been one total week for me on SB this go round, but I've been on and off for a few years now and typically go back on plan during this time every year. I can already tell my belly is much more flatter. The scale went down only about 2lbs., but as others have mentioned, if you don't have too much to lose, you tend to lose the lbs. slower. I'm ok with that being a veteran and all and knowing that the scale isn't always reflective of your progress. It's how your clothes fit and basically how good you'll feel cutting down your carbs. Before I rejoined, I was eating sweets constantly. So that was a bit difficult for me in the first few days (cutting out the sweets). I have found that making my mock PB concoction (2 s/f fudge pops softened mixed with natural peanut butter and cool whip) has been my savior! So anyway, just stopping in to keep myself motivated! Good luck everyone!

Last edited by raytamtay3; 04-25-2016 at 10:44 AM..
raytamtay3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:25 AM   #43
wiz
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Spammie!!

Yes, breaking old habits (such as night-time sweets!) is always tough mentally. I think your body gets over the physical cravings pretty quickly but your mind still wants it.

Buckhuntress, good for you on the braces!! My SiL had hers in her 40s as well. She had always (unbeknownst to all of us) been self-conscious about her teeth and finally got them done.

As for me, I have been great on the exercise front. But lacking in the food department!! Although I am off to a good start this week and we have no plans this weekend. I am hoping to string together a bunch of good days.

Its great to see some activity here!!
Old 04-27-2016, 03:57 PM   #44
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Hi ladies,

I had forgotten I found this thread. I usually post in my journal. This is week 7 for me and as of yesterday, I have lost 26 lbs. Staying on plan isn't the hardest part for me. It is exercise because I don't get around as well. I use a walker at work but lately I am only using it to get from the parking lot to my desk. This last week, I have started walking around the floor without it. I am hoping eventually, I can just use a cane instead of the walker.

Anyway, I will make sure I visit here regularly.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:12 AM   #45
wiz
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina-Marie View Post
Hi ladies,

I had forgotten I found this thread. I usually post in my journal. This is week 7 for me and as of yesterday, I have lost 26 lbs. Staying on plan isn't the hardest part for me. It is exercise because I don't get around as well. I use a walker at work but lately I am only using it to get from the parking lot to my desk. This last week, I have started walking around the floor without it. I am hoping eventually, I can just use a cane instead of the walker.

Anyway, I will make sure I visit here regularly.
Wow! 26 lbs is awesome! Congrats and keep up the good work...
Old 04-30-2016, 05:28 PM   #46
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

How did your SIL do in braces wiz? I've been pretty miserable for almost a month now...orthodontist says takes adults a good month to toughen up. I've lost a couple of pounds because eating is so challenging...lol.
Welcome to new and old posting on the boards again!
Let's motivate and support each other and get this thread moving again!
Old 05-01-2016, 05:04 AM   #47
wiz
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
How did your SIL do in braces wiz? I've been pretty miserable for almost a month now...orthodontist says takes adults a good month to toughen up. I've lost a couple of pounds because eating is so challenging...lol.
Welcome to new and old posting on the boards again!
Let's motivate and support each other and get this thread moving again!
Same as you! She said it was really tough going for the first few weeks. Hang in there,
Old 05-02-2016, 06:50 PM   #48
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

The weekend sure last long enough. I did try making the mini quiches. Although I added turkey sausage, green peppers, mushrooms and pepperjack cheese. They were very tasty. I will be making more. I didn't freeze them so they only took 30 secs to microwave and head to work.

I have a hard time with people who bring me food that I cannot eat. On one hand I don't want to hurt their feelings when they spent their money on me and thought to bring me something. i.e. my son went to Taco Bell and brought me a taco in fried flat bread. On the other hand, they know I am trying to lose weight and I am eating healthy, so why buy me something I shouldn't have?

Everything else has been great. Staying on plan and staying focused.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:48 AM   #49
dixie
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dixie
Stats: 145/140.4/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: May 2016
Joining you all today!

Hi all. I'm starting on LC again today. I've done Atkins, SB, Sugar Busters, and other plans before, so not exactly new to it. But here I am at 56 and I just need to somehow reset my body's set point from around 145 to about 20-25 pounds less. My knees are telling me they don't like carrying around that much extra weight. I am 5'1. I used to be 5'2. Oh well... So here I am today, starting this again, and I just feel like so many of my chronic symptoms would clear up if I ate correctly (stay away from carbs!) and lost some weight. I weighed less than 110 in high school at the same height, so I KNOW what it feels like to be a lot lighter. I don't imagine I'll be that size again, after having 3 kids and being in menopause, but if I could get down to around 120 I think I would feel so much better. I know that I am highly carb sensitive, and insulin resistant. I am just sick and tired of being sick and tired! So, anyway, I've done well today and so far so good! Looking forward to meeting you all and getting some good tips and ideas for meals!
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:01 AM   #50
wiz
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Dixie!! I wish you much success in your weight-loss journey

Tina-Marie, I hear you on people bringing food. It just breaks down your resistance when you splurge and have that one thing - because most times it just leads to another splurge! I don't think people mean to sabotage you, but I also think that folks who have never struggled with their weight just don't get how hard it is.

Mr. Wiz and I are off to Tampa tomorrow to see our niece graduate from USF and then onto Key West for vacation. While we will definitely be eating off plan at certain times, we also tend to get a lot of exercise on vacation. Hopefully the scale isn't too ugly when I get home!

But when I get home from this trip, it will be a full-court press to lose a few lbs before my nephew's wedding at the end of June. I already have my dress and it fits okay - but I would love to drop some more weight so it fits GREAT. Ha!

I won't be checking in until May 16th...I try to leave social media behind when I am on vacation.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:49 AM   #51
wiz
Senior LCF Member

Vacation was awesome!!

BUT, I am back on the straight and narrow. I am on Day 3 of Phase 1. I feel great eating healthy foods (and not imbibing any adult beverages!) I did a ton of exercise in Key West, so at least I have been consistent with that aspect.

In any case, as mentioned previously, my plan is to be extremely strict with my eating for the next 6 weeks until my nephew's wedding. Wish me luck!!

I will check back in on Friday after my weigh-in. Not sure what I am going to see!
Old 05-19-2016, 04:35 AM   #52
wiz
Senior LCF Member

I'm checking in again..oh well! Got on the scale today, I just needed to know. And the good news, I have already lost the weight I gained on vacation. The bad news, I still really need to drop 15 lbs (and probably more.)

I've been eating very low carb this week, even for Phase 1. I really needed to cleanse my system. I am just starting to feel less bloated from all the crap I ate on vacation.

Last night we had grilled pork tenderloin for dinner. I marinated it in olive oil, red wine vinegar, juice from a fresh lime, drop of hot sauce, chopped garlic, handful of chopped fresh cilantro, salt and pepper. Very tasty! Our veg was oven roasted red bell pepper and broccoli seasoned with fennel seed, garlic powder, salt and pepper.

Hope everyone is having a good week!!
Old 05-20-2016, 04:03 AM   #53
wiz
Senior LCF Member

Here I am...checking into myself

But I want the accountability, so what the heck.

Friday was official weigh-in day, I lost a lb from yesterday and am back to where I was when I started my post-holiday "diet." 7 lbs down, and a bunch more to go!

Mini goal is to lose 8 lbs in the next 5 weeks, which seems really doable.

Last night we had leftover pork tenderloin that I served with a horseradish mustard sauce I whipped together and some oven-roasted cubed, peeled eggplant, seasoned with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mr. Wiz had his pork on rye bread, everyone was happy!

TGIF!! But for me, the work begins today as it is much tougher to be good over the weekend...
Old 05-23-2016, 04:04 PM   #54
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

I am glad you enjoyed your vacation. You got right back on track when you got back. That is fantastic. I am always afraid to let myself go because I am not sure I can get back on track.

I have lost a total of 30 lbs on my last weigh in which was last Thursday. I just needed another .5 lbs to meet one of my many mini goals. (I have so many). I am hoping to make it this week.

I have been on track all weekend. They are the days that I seem to want to snack. It's usually when I am idle or doing something that has a particular food associated with it. When we would go fishing, we would take snacks like licorice, chips, chocolate etc. So when we went fishing, all I could think about was wanting licorice.

I did notice that I have not had fast food in 3 months. It is so easy to just swing in and get a burger instead of having to cook, that I used to do it frequently.

I did make a long post while you were gone Wiz but my keyboard is touchy and I believe it is possessed. When I was about done, I deleted the whole post. Not once but twice. I gave up.

Tonights dinner is chicken breast topped with SF pizza sauce, veggies and mozzarella cheese. Seen the recipe on Pinterest and it looked so yummy.... I hope to have left overs for lunch.

Last edited by Tina-Marie; 05-23-2016 at 04:06 PM..
Old 05-24-2016, 07:49 PM   #55
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Just checking in. Nothing much new today. Got to do a bit more walking today. The weather has been so cold and rainy my joints have really been hurting. I am not good with the heat of summer but I like that I don't ache as much.

I bragged yesterday about not having fast food and then today I stopped by Wendy's and bought a bowl of their Chili. I love their chili.

So glad tomorrow is "hump" day. I am looking forward to the weekend already.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:29 AM   #56
wiz
Senior LCF Member

Tina-Marie, 30 lbs is truly an accomplishment!! Good for you. I also like Wendy's chili, but then again, I love any kind of good chili. It's one of my favorites. I make it a lot in the winter.

I went a bit off track this past weekend, but got back in the groove on Monday. I just don't lose like I used to, this pre menopause (Ha! Probably TMI...) thing has really changed my metabolism and body shape. Ugh!

I got a really nice 4 mile run in this morning, even with my aches and pains.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:00 PM   #57
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

I have so much weight to loose, it comes off fast at first. When people would complain about not being able to loose 20 or 30 lbs, I would say to myself " geeze, I can loose that in a month. They should have to loose 100 or more." I learned through my first adventure on SB that the closer you get to your goal the harder it is. My daughter started this diet with me and she has lost about 20 lbs I think. She is about 145 now. It is definitely slower for her.

Menopause... it is such an evil thing. I have been having the same issues.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:12 AM   #58
wiz
Senior LCF Member

Oh boy, I definitely went off plan this weekend . However, I woke up this morning ready to get back in my groove. It's a short work week and I have a lot to accomplish personally and professionally!!
Old 06-06-2016, 06:19 AM   #59
wiz
Senior LCF Member

I had a pretty good (although not perfect!) weekend of eating. I really didn't stray too far off plan, and I got lots of exercise! Not to mention a ton of yard work too. I didn't weigh in this morning, but I will see how things stand tomorrow morning.

Tonight's dinner is a Wiz household favorite...Parmesan Chicken Tenders. I dip each chicken tender in a beaten egg and then dip in grated Parmesan Cheese (seasoned by some herbs - usually garlic powder, pepper and a hint of oregano.) I put them on a greased cookie sheet, bake at 400 on each side for 10 minutes. I usually make (or defrost) home-made marinara sauce to go with them. Mr Wiz puts his on a roll to make a chicken parm sandwich and I have mine with a side salad. And of course, they make great leftovers for lunches.

Have a good week SBers!!
Old 06-08-2016, 07:44 PM   #60
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Yum, I like the sound of your chicken tenders. I will definitely have to give them a try. I have been trying different recipes I have found on Pinterest. I tried the chicken breast with the pizza toppings a couple weeks ago. Last night I tried the "Crack Slaw". It was pretty tasty. I used ground turkey instead of hamburger and chopped cabbage instead of the bagged coleslaw.

My weight is the same this week. Which I was pleased with. When the weather is hot, I tend to retain a lot of water. I actually expected the scale to show a gain. This weekend is supposed to be back in the 60's. It will seem cold compared to the 90's we've been having. I am going to go fishing and enjoy it.