Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 06-14-2016, 02:36 AM   #61
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buckhuntress
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2005
Hi All!

I've been doing phase 1.5 for 2 weeks and am down 5 lbs. I've had some birthdays and graduations to celebrate during this time, so cutting out the carbs and sugar and occasionally having some fruit or wine while at a party or out to eat has really helped me stay on track. The other day I was craving pizza so bad at work; but when I got home I made zucchini noodles with turkey meatballs, cheese, and low sugar sauce. It hit the spot. I do need to fit in some time to exercise again.

Hope everyone is doing well!
buckhuntress is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2016, 07:43 AM   #62
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Tina-Marie
Stats: -68 lbs so far
WOE: SB mostly
Start Date: March 9, 2016
Great job on the weight loss. I was craving Pizza too. We went ahead and got one because we hadn't had one in months. I ate one skinny pieces with crust and then just had the toppings off the other two.

My weight is down 3 lbs. Bringing my total to 38 lbs lost. I am so stoked but I can feel that my focus is off and I worry about slowly going back to my of eating.

My next goal is to stay on track and drink plenty of water. I have 12 lbs to lose for my next weight loss goal and I definitely want to reach it.
Tina-Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 02:17 PM   #63
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

Great job Tina Marie! I'm setting mini goals...down another 2 lbs this morning. Fit into a cute outfit to meet my friend tonight. Feels good! I do need to get exercise back into my routine. I checked out the menu for where we are going tonight: I'll be ordering the cobb salad and a glass of wine.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 06-19-2016, 04:02 PM   #64
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Doesn't that feel great to wear something that fits and looks good? Great job on the loss!

I went out to dinner with friends last. I had looked at the menu before hand and decided on the salmon. Then when I go there, they had seafood buffet. Good food choices totally left my brain. I did pull most of the breading off the shrimp and cod and ate a big helping of veggies. But I ate the deep fried oysters breading and all. Feeling a bit guilty today. I left the restaurant so full.

I am going to try to stick more to a phase 1 menu this week and get back on track.

Ta-ta for now.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:38 AM   #65
wiz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
How am I doing? Sadly, I am way off.

I just can't seem to get my act together. But I am happy that you all are doing well - maybe you will encourage me to stay the course by all of your excellent success!

I have been exercising pretty consistently. It's my eating that is completely off plan.

2016 Running Miles: 161 ( No more running for me...due to Arthritis)
2016 Walking Miles: 521
2016 Biking Miles: 746
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:33 PM   #66
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Wiz!
I know that I need the encouragement and help I get here. I get as much or more from encouraging and supporting others. You will get back on track. I made those chicken tenders again tonight. I am totally addicted.

I am having a love/hate relationship with water. I love how I feel when I get enough and how getting enough can really tip the scales in my favor. However, when I get as much water as I need, I am up once or twice at night to use the bathroom. So if I don't drink as much water as I should, I get a good night sleep.

Planning a trip to Seattle the end of next month. I would love to loose 5 more lbs by then. Actually 7 would be better because it would put me at an even 45 lbs lost. What the heck. I am going to set the goal at 7lbs by July 22. I never set a goal with a time limit. That is scary.

Night all!
Old 06-24-2016, 08:22 PM   #67
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

I weighed in today. I have lost 2 lbs in the last 10 days. Yippee for me. That makes reaching my goal a bit easier.

I was going to go camping but it is cold and rainy. I have some projects at home that need worked on. I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:35 AM   #68
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

I'm down 8 lbs now, it feels good. I'm keeping with small frequent meals and the cravings are gone. Need some time to find some good recipes, I am getting a little bored with my food choices.

Great job Tina! I'm finding setting mini goals are helping me...I'm 0.8 pounds away from my first goal!

Wiz, it has taken me forever to get back OP with my eating. I think for me, it was a matter of finally putting myself first and that this was something I'm going to make a priority for me....so far so good!

Have a good weekend everyone. I'm working 3 shifts this weekend, that's alot of food planning! lol
Old 06-25-2016, 06:47 PM   #69
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

I have been tons of fun easy recipes off Pinterest. I typed in low carb and away I went. I recommend taking a look.

Way to go on the 8 lbs. That is fabulous.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:02 AM   #70
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

Well now its down 7 lbs...lol, fell off the wagon yesterday working my double shift (11P-3P). I was overtired and hungry. Tried to make some good choices but they added up. I had the veggie eggwhite flat bread thing from Dunkin donuts- it looks high fiber; but I would have to look it up. Then for lunch I had 1/2 of a subway tuna sub on the oat bread with all the veggies. Even if high fiber...already too many carbs and take out. When I got home we were having a little cook out with my daughters and a hot dog on a plain old bun called out to me lol. So the scale is up a pound, and I'm packing much better options for my lunch at work today.

The recipes look awesome on Pinterest Tina! So fun!
Old 06-28-2016, 05:55 PM   #71
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

I am glad you liked the recipes. I look at them at work when my systems are slow. There is something new everyday to add to my list to try. It is so hard to make good food choices when you are tired and busy. I have resorted to keeping ziplock bags of veggies ready to go in the frig. I have even gotten those little cups they use for jello shot and put peanut butter in them to grab too for celery or apples.

Except for a splurge on a slice of real good banana bread. I have been on plan so far this week. I am hoping to have a pound missing from the scale this week. I will probably weigh Thursday or Friday.
Old 06-30-2016, 02:51 AM   #72
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

How did the weigh in go Tina?

I'm down another pound, total of 9 pounds! Feels good!

Running out of groceries to looks like I'm gonna just space out snacks @ work today: hard boiled eggs, RF cheese sticks, NF plain yogurt, banana, V 8 juice, cucumber and tomato slices. Gonna hit the store after work and grab a salad of some sort after at my daughter's favorite sub shop.

How is it going Wiz?
Old 07-03-2016, 11:36 AM   #73
KITTYM
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KITTYM
Stats: (350 top wt )282/ 274/ 195
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: restart 6-29-2016
hello , is there room for one more?

Restart date 06-30 -2016...........282
07-03-..........274
07-05-..........272 :clap
07-07...........270
07-11...........267
KITTYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:20 AM   #74
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Kitty! Happy 4th everyone!
Old 07-04-2016, 05:15 PM   #75
KITTYM
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KITTYM
Stats: (350 top wt )282/ 274/ 195
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: restart 6-29-2016
Happy 4th of July everyone

Restart date 06-30 -2016...........282
07-03-..........274
07-05-..........272 :clap
07-07...........270
07-11...........267
KITTYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 03:32 AM   #76
RosaMystica
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RosaMystica
Day 9 of this diet and I weighed in 7 lbs lighter this morning. I am over the moon!
RosaMystica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:10 AM   #77
wiz
Senior LCF Member

Hello all!! I am back from a wonderful vacation, including my nephew's wedding in Ithaca, NY. It was a great combination of family events, outdoor activities including hiking Robert Treman and Watkins Glen State Parks, beach days, etc. Of course, there was also a lot of eating and imbibing along the way

But today I am back at it! Lots of water, spinach/red pepper/sun-dried tomato "quiche" for breakfast, salad with poached chicken for lunch and turkey burger with avocado and tomato for dinner. I'm not weighing in until Friday.

Kitty, welcome to you!!

And congrats to all the "losers" - because yes, this is a place where you never mind being tagged a loser!!

Old 07-06-2016, 05:58 PM   #78
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Kitty, Rosa, BH and Wiz

I have been MIA because I have been out and about most evenings fishing and what-not. It is a lot more activity then I used to get.

When I weighed in last I had lost another 2 lbs for a grand total of 40 lost. I have not weighed the last week and a half or so. I just forget. I know I am eating what I need, so I guess I don't stress about it as much as I used to. I did set a goal to be -45 by the 22nd of July. That was a couple weeks ago. I better weigh in soon to see how I am doing.

This is going to sound silly but.... My newest NSV is having to move the seat in my car up. I used to have it set all the way down and back as far as it would go so I could fit comfortably. I had to move the seat up so I could see better.

Wiz: It sounds like you had a nice vacation and family time. Glad you are back on track. I know it is hard when you are vaca to stick to a diet.

BH: how are you doing? Belated congrats on the loss. Sorry I am a little behind.

Rosa & Kitty: Congrats on your losses as well. Seeing that scale move is so encouraging and exciting.

Last edited by Tina-Marie; 07-06-2016 at 06:00 PM..
Old 07-07-2016, 02:40 AM   #79
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone!

Just checking in quick, I'm off to work a double shift today.

Weighed in this morning, down 10 lbs total! Feels so good!

Welcome back wiz! sounds like a nice vacation!

Tina, how's the fishing? I love anything outdoors. Exciting to have to adjust the seat in the car, I hope you make you goal when you weigh in!

Hello to all the newbies as well! I need to post some menus soon....
Old 07-08-2016, 07:10 AM   #80
wiz
Senior LCF Member

Hello all!

Two different birthday dinners out in restaurants this week...but I stayed "pretty much" on track. I had a shrimp dish sautéed with veggies for the one dinner and an arugula salad with fresh mozz, grilled chicken and veggies the other night. I did have a glass of wine both nights.

FYI. I meant to weigh in this morning, but ended up getting up really early to exercise before it got too hot and just forgot.

Yet another graduation party on Saturday (my niece and nephew - we have 18 of them in total!!) But my SiL will have lots of SB friendly foods since she follows a low carb diet herself.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! TGIF

Old 07-08-2016, 07:40 PM   #81
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

You would think that summer is an easy time to eat healthy and stay on plan with the abundance of fresh fruits and veggies. With all the BBQ's and get together's, I find it is a struggle. I am nervous about my weekend in Seattle. I can't expect people to plan around my diet. I am going to take some fresh veggies, fruits and grilled chicken. I may even put some boiled eggs in the cooler to have on hand.

I did my weigh in and I have lost 3.5 lbs. That is a total of 43.5 lost. 1.5 to go to meet my challenge on the 22nd. No worries.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:20 PM   #82
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

checking in... Totally spent the weekend catching up on things at home because the weather was icky. This work week so far has been.... work. Not much else to say about that. I did volunteer to go in an hour early tomorrow to help out on one of the projects. That means 3:30 am alarm for me. Not so fun but it is only for a day and my favorite saying is that you can do anything for a day.

Decided to try sushi... I got the one called "the catapillar". It had eel, avacado, and some other things, plus rice. It was quite tasty. The eel was cooked so that was a pluss for me. My DD had a roll with raw salmon, onion rice... it was good too but I thought mine was tastier. I will definitely go back and try more.

Anyway, I will check back in soon. The only way to get this thread rolling is if we all post. Even if it is just a drive by to say hello, life is good...

Toodles!
Old 07-15-2016, 03:38 PM   #83
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

Really quick check in. One week of phase 2 and I cheated and had fried clam strips on my birthday. Maintained my 10 lb loss this week,,,I'll take it lol
Old 07-15-2016, 09:32 PM   #84
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

wow! congrats BH on maintaining. Tomorrow's a new day.

I forgot to weigh today, I will do it tomorrow and see if i am any closer to my goal,
Old 07-16-2016, 01:56 PM   #85
Maral427
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Maral427
Hello my name is lisa. I am on day 5 of phase 1 and just joined this board. Mind if I join in?
Maral427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 03:25 PM   #86
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Lisa!

Congrats on making it to day 5. Keep it up.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:19 AM   #87
buckhuntress
Senior LCF Member

Quick check in! I think I've been maintaining. Up and down the same 2 pounds on phase 2. I'd like to lose 3 more pounds so that when I do this fluctuating I'm on the lighter end of things.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!
Old 08-02-2016, 03:18 AM   #88
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

I thought I posted in here the other day.

I am down to -49.5 lost. Then I went out today and had a big Philly cheese stake sandwich on a hoagie. Shaking my head in disappointment. I meant to just eat the insides but my alter ego took over. I am hoping to make the -55 lost by the end of August.

I have been dealing with a summer cold that is super annoying and inconvenient.

I hope everyone is well.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:47 PM   #89
G8trzz
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: G8trzz
Start Date: August 15, 2016
Hello!

Hi all!!

Can I just begin by saying I am super excited to see someone posting up to date messages on this thread!! I am planning to start the South Beach diet and I am super pumped!!

Tina, you have been such an inspiration to me. I have been amazed at your journey thus far and the amount of weight that you have lost. I know that the journey will not always be easy but I do believe being able to talk to others will help to keep me in check.

I am a teacher and the kids return on Wednesday. Tomorrow is our last day of planning so it has been a bit chaotic. I don't teach anymore but I run the Special Ed dept and it can be crazy trying to get everyones schedule in order, dealing with parents and making sure we keep paperwork legal!! I didn't think this would be the right time to start so i have decided to start on Monday. THis would allow me the time to stock my pantry with good food choices and give me the time to be totally mentally prepared!!

I would like to lose a total of 60 pounds but I am going to take it 15 pounds at a time. Heart disease runs in our family. I lost 2 brothers to heart attacks, my marathon running brother just had a quintuple heart bypass this past May and my last brother just found out through a calcium heart check that his scores were out the roof and he has a 90% chance of a heart attack within next 1-2 years. None of my brothers are really overweight. I took the test last week and will get my results later this week. His doctor said you can reverse heart disease through exercise and proper eating and said the SouthBeach diet was the way to go. So here I am!! Sorry for the long post, but I really am excited to lose weight and learn from your great examples!!! My plan is to post once a week. My official start day will be this coming Monday! If you have suggestions of what you keep in your pantry or refrigerator that helps I would really, really appreciate any and all suggestions!!! Thanks G8trzz
G8trzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:39 PM   #90
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Hello G8trzz!!!

I think it is a great idea to wait until Monday and get the chaotic first few days of school out of the way. When I started, I cooked up a turkey to have on hand. I ate it by itself or in my salads. Chicken breasts and fish are good. I also stocked up on lots of veggies and salad stuff. Chili is good and Mozzarella string cheese. Oh! and eggs. One thing I have recently found is Pinterest. I love it. If you type low carb recipes in the search bar, you will find a ton of recipes.

Another thing I do that helps me is documenting what I eat daily. There is something about knowing you have to account for whatever you eat can help make the difference on whether you eat it or not.

The reason I love this way of eating is because I feel it teaches how to eat healthy. The foods I love to eat, I still can eat. I just need to tweek them a bit to make them more SB friendly.

Sorry I am long winded tonight.

Last edited by Tina-Marie; 08-08-2016 at 08:42 PM..