Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 04-16-2016, 05:52 PM   #1
KateofCarolina
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KateofCarolina
Stats: start 138/140/125
WOE: Carbohydrates Addicts plan
Start Date: 2002
Dr Dukan's diet

I just started to follow this diet 8 days ago, and it's very easy to follow and has had great results so far. Has anyone else tried it, would love to chat about it with someone and motivate each other along the way
KateofCarolina is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2016, 10:40 AM   #2
hopetolose
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hopetolose
Stats: 144/132/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateofCarolina View Post
I just started to follow this diet 8 days ago, and it's very easy to follow and has had great results so far. Has anyone else tried it, would love to chat about it with someone and motivate each other along the way
I would love to get back doing Dukan. I did the plan with good results a few months back, but stalled after a while.

My goal is the same as yours and I weight approx. the same as you do.

Would love to do this plan with support from others.
hopetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:19 PM   #3
Pina
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pina
WOE: Dukan
I've been a fan for years and in stabilization now.I's be very happy to support you and share progress...maybe some tips along the way.

:Pina:

Maintaining 121 -125 lbs since 2005
Maintenance Goal for 2017: 119 - 121 lbs

Last edited by Pina; 04-20-2016 at 11:22 PM..
Pina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:23 AM   #4
hopetolose
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pina View Post
I've been a fan for years and in stabilization now.I's be very happy to support you and share progress...maybe some tips along the way.
Hello. Congratulations on reaching your goal. That is awesome. I get so close to my goal and then blow it when I don't lose for a few days. Think I just need to stay off of the scales.

How long did it take you to get to your goal? Did you have stalls?
Old 04-21-2016, 10:27 AM   #5
hopetolose
Senior LCF Member

Hello again. I intended to ask if any of you do online coaching and if you think it helps you.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:02 PM   #6
Pina
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopetolose View Post
Hello. Congratulations on reaching your goal. That is awesome. I get so close to my goal and then blow it when I don't lose for a few days. Think I just need to stay off of the scales.

How long did it take you to get to your goal? Did you have stalls?
Hi hopetolose,
From memory, about 14 months. Yes there were plateaus (stalls) but they went after 2-3 weeks.
Tricky part happens when you move into consolidation and adding carbs...that's a haywire month or so.
Never tried online coaching as I'm pretty much self motivated.

Last edited by Pina; 04-21-2016 at 12:04 PM..
Old 04-22-2016, 06:43 AM   #7
hopetolose
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi hopetolose,
From memory, about 14 months. Yes there were plateaus (stalls) but they went after 2-3 weeks.
Tricky part happens when you move into consolidation and adding carbs...that's a haywire month or so.
Never tried online coaching as I'm pretty much self motivated.
Pina, I am pretty much self motivated, too. I love the fact that I can eat a lot of healthy foods. My problem with the plan was that I just didn't stay with it long enough to get to my goal. If I stay off of the scales, I think I will do great, too. I plan on starting in a week or two after I get some social engagements out of the way. I will appreciate the support!
Old 04-22-2016, 12:13 PM   #8
Pina
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopetolose View Post
Pina, I am pretty much self motivated, too. I love the fact that I can eat a lot of healthy foods. My problem with the plan was that I just didn't stay with it long enough to get to my goal. If I stay off of the scales, I think I will do great, too. I plan on starting in a week or two after I get some social engagements out of the way. I will appreciate the support!
My pleasure. Best to get those social engagements out of the way and make a clean start. Just pop back here when you're ready.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:01 PM   #9
KateofCarolina
Junior LCF Member

Dr Dukan it is

Hi Pina and Hopetolose...I have been on this now for solid 14 days and have just finished the attack stage. I have taken off 8 pounds and happy so far, even with just that things feel different...pants not so tight etc. I am just starting adding veggies and will do protein days in between. I find this plan so easy to follow even going out if you plan on a veggie day to go out of course. Thanks for offering support Pina...you've maintain so beautifully, you will be an inspiration for us...
Old 04-23-2016, 05:21 PM   #10
Pina
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Pina and Hopetolose...I have been on this now for solid 14 days and have just finished the attack stage. I have taken off 8 pounds and happy so far, even with just that things feel different...pants not so tight etc. I am just starting adding veggies and will do protein days in between. I find this plan so easy to follow even going out if you plan on a veggie day to go out of course. Thanks for offering support Pina...you've maintain so beautifully, you will be an inspiration for us...
Hi Kate,
What a great loss in your first 2 weeks. Imagine what will happen in another 2 Agree it's an easy plan .My only issue was during consolidation when you can add carbs. It can be a crazy 4-6 weeks, as you start to store water along with the carbs.
Even now I only have a max of 80g carbs daily.
Just pop in here if you need some help.

Old 04-26-2016, 06:56 PM   #11
hopetolose
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Kate,
Congrats on your loss. That is wonderful. Do I understand you that you stayed on the attack phase for 14 days? I didn't really know what worked best.
I really look forward to getting started on the eating plan and will be doing so just as soon as I get some social engagements out of the way.

Hi Pina.
Old 05-07-2016, 06:35 AM   #12
KateofCarolina
Junior LCF Member

Hi, I did stay on the attack stage for 14 days, with a big "but" a couple of meals were just unavoidable, at friends homes etc. I then just ate extremely low carb and was surprised that it didn't stall me at all. I am now doing protein and veggies one day and then keep doing a protein only day in between, I now have 10 pounds off and about 10 to go. That will put me at 127 and although I've weighed less than that in the day, I'm not in that day any longer, I'll try to stay in the mid 120's and that should make me a size 10 so I can put on any 10, that's my real goal. I am so tired of having to skip thru my wardrobe and pick out the looser "10's...I want to just get dressed period... How is everyone else doing?
Old 06-24-2016, 01:02 AM   #13
Pina
Senior LCF Member

Hi Kate,
I gained 2 lbs while on our recent cruise and need to get back on track. I'm doing 2 PP days and following the consolidation guidelines until I get to 120 lbs. I allow myself a 3 lb window.

Old 08-13-2016, 04:12 PM   #14
Maria527
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maria527
Stats: 5'4", 50 yrs.
WOE: Dukan/Primal
Start Date: 8/12/2008; Restart 1/2/2017
I plan to start Dukan Monday (August 15). I just went shopping and have been reading about it online. It is weird for me to go from high fat to low fat, but I'm so sensitive to extra calories that I hope this lower fat diet will be what I need to get back on track.

My Facebook

My Weightloss Journal
Maria527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:24 PM   #15
Pina
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria527 View Post
I plan to start Dukan Monday (August 15). I just went shopping and have been reading about it online. It is weird for me to go from high fat to low fat, but I'm so sensitive to extra calories that I hope this lower fat diet will be what I need to get back on track.
Good on you and all the best with this plan.You'll lose a lot on the pure protein phase as well as the PV phase. When you hit consolidation and add carbs, don't be alarmed if you gain (as I did)...just add carbs slowly eg. 100g per week.

I'm starting my quarterly Fast Metabolism Diet plan tomorrow. It's good for re-setting one's metabolism and only takes a month.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:21 AM   #16
Sugarfreebie
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sugarfreebie
Stats: 245/189/145
WOE: Somewhere between Dukan and Atkins
Start Date: Roughly April 2015
Dukan diet

Dukan is how I lost most of my 55 lbs so far, most in 2014-2015. I ran into problems from the lack of fat (vitamin absorption--wasn't eating very many egg yolks, either) but for someone who likes the fattier permitted proteins like salmon or dark meat poultry it's great. I am doing much better on a Dukan/Atkins hybrid with more fat and daily veggies but the Dukan dairy products (mostly yogurt) for carbs. I got sidetracked into being a vegetarian for about a year but couldn't successfully adapt my diet into one with few enough carbs to lose much of any weight so back to my preferred lean meats in reasonable amounts. I now have 45 lbs to go; I weigh less now than I have in probably 20 yrs but waist is still 43 inches (down from 51--officially down 5 jean sizes, too).
Good luck.
Sugarfreebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 12:38 PM   #17
Pina
Senior LCF Member

That's very heartening progress. I'm glad you found the right plan mix for you. I truly believe we need to find what's doable for each of us for the long haul.
Good luck.
BTW I've lost 1 kg (2.2 lbs) so far on the FMD and I'm only 10 days into it...another 18 days.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:12 AM   #18
Maria527
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfreebie View Post
Dukan is how I lost most of my 55 lbs so far, most in 2014-2015. I ran into problems from the lack of fat (vitamin absorption--wasn't eating very many egg yolks, either) but for someone who likes the fattier permitted proteins like salmon or dark meat poultry it's great. I am doing much better on a Dukan/Atkins hybrid with more fat and daily veggies but the Dukan dairy products (mostly yogurt) for carbs. I got sidetracked into being a vegetarian for about a year but couldn't successfully adapt my diet into one with few enough carbs to lose much of any weight so back to my preferred lean meats in reasonable amounts. I now have 45 lbs to go; I weigh less now than I have in probably 20 yrs but waist is still 43 inches (down from 51--officially down 5 jean sizes, too).
Good luck.

I'm so glad you shared this. I like Dukan, but am having a hard time wrapping my head around just how low fat it is. I like your idea of combing principles from the two diets. I have cut back on fat, but I doubt I will limit it to the amount prescribed by Dr. Dukan. I'm trying to give it an honest effort, but I"m not going to sweat over a little added fat.

My Facebook

My Weightloss Journal
Old 08-30-2016, 01:22 PM   #19
Pina
Senior LCF Member

I'm getting my fats from the "good, healthy family" - seeds, nuts, avocado, oily fish (sardines and salmon) olive, sesame or macadamia oil and natural full fat yoghurt. I'm aiming at 86g per day. My carbs and protein are 70g per day.

Old 09-05-2016, 05:46 AM   #20
Maria527
Senior LCF Member

I had a really rough start the first two weeks, but I'm finally on board! I've completed the Attack phase and have started the Cruise phase.

So far I'm down 8 lbs.

My Facebook

My Weightloss Journal
Old 09-05-2016, 12:11 PM   #21
Pina
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria527 View Post
I had a really rough start the first two weeks, but I'm finally on board! I've completed the Attack phase and have started the Cruise phase.

So far I'm down 8 lbs.
Great result Maria. The pain was worth it . Now you can eat lots of your favorite vegetables.

Old 11-16-2016, 05:49 PM   #22
Pina
Senior LCF Member

Is anyone still Dukaning or is it no longer popular?

Old 12-05-2016, 02:03 PM   #23
Maria527
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Is anyone still Dukaning or is it no longer popular?
Yes, I've been on and off of it. My husband and I traveled to visit family for Thanksgiving week and I fell off the wagon. And now there's all of the Christmas parties and get-togethers, not to mention my alcohol problem. I'm trying to Dukan as much as possible inbetween Christmas social functions.

I think I'm going to just try to maintain as much as possible until the end of the year and then go STRICT Dukan right after the New Year.

I believe Dukan is ultimately going to be my preferred WOE; I just need to get on a roll. Of all of the diets I've tried, Dukan seems to fit my lifestyle the best.

BTW - You and I are exactly in the same weight range. May I ask how tall you are?

My Facebook

My Weightloss Journal

Last edited by Maria527; 12-05-2016 at 02:04 PM..
Old 12-05-2016, 03:21 PM   #24
Pina
Senior LCF Member

Hi Maria,
I'm so pleased you replied to my post. Dukan has been a mainstay with me for about 7 years and I'm in stabilization. In the New Year I'll be adding more carbs, but stay under the 100g per day. I know there is room for some low GI carbs in my plan. I also like Dukan because it allows all food groups and is similar to a low GI plan.
Until the New Year, we have a 3 week cruise to enjoy starting this weekend. I will try to behave on board with all the cocktails and delicious food.

By the way I'm just .5" taller than you. Let's catch up here in 2017.
Have a Merry Christmas.

Last edited by Pina; 12-05-2016 at 03:26 PM..
Old 01-02-2017, 04:55 PM   #25
Maria527
Senior LCF Member

I am starting the Dukan Attack Phase on January 3. I'm not sure how long I will stay on Attack Phase, but I'm thinking 4 to 5 days.

I tried this diet over the summer. I lost several pounds before racing a Half Ironman triathlon in October, then promptly went back to laying on the couch drinking alcohol. Needless to say, I've gained several pounds back.

My goal is to follow through all of the Dukan Diet phases as prescribed, stop drinking alcohol, and regain my physical fitness so that I can do a few run races an triathlons this year.

I will weigh in the morning to see where I stand. I've eaten fairly good today; sauerkraut stew topped with sour cream and later cottage cheese. My husband and I skipped breakfast because we went to the fitness center later than planned so we just ate a huge bowl of stew when we returned. Today is also my first alcohol free day.

My Facebook

My Weightloss Journal

Last edited by Maria527; 01-02-2017 at 05:00 PM..
Old 01-02-2017, 06:49 PM   #26
Pina
Senior LCF Member

Hi Maria,
Came back from the 3 week cruise a bit heavier (1-2 kgs) so I'm in the process of working on losing that. Hoping it's just water weight as I worked out hard in the ship's gym. Too many margaritas for sure.
I never weighed over the 3 weeks so had a rude shock this morning.
Here's to reaching goals in 2017

Old 01-03-2017, 04:16 AM   #27
Maria527
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Maria,
Came back from the 3 week cruise a bit heavier (1-2 kgs) so I'm in the process of working on losing that. Hoping it's just water weight as I worked out hard in the ship's gym. Too many margaritas for sure.
I never weighed over the 3 weeks so had a rude shock this morning.
Here's to reaching goals in 2017
Sounds like you had fun! I bet you do have mostly water weight that will drop back off quickly.

My official starting weight is 132; goal is 118. So 14 lbs to go!

My Facebook

My Weightloss Journal
Old 01-03-2017, 12:04 PM   #28
Pina
Senior LCF Member

Hi Maria,
Yes, it was a great 3 weeks and I'm still not 100% 'settled', but that will happen.
My exercise routine still needs to be activated and I haven't been counting or measuring but will always be a daily weigher/food restricter. Today I was 1.7 lbs lighter (122.8), so that promising. Goal this year will be the same as last year.
What do you do in the way of exercise? Have a great day.

Last edited by Pina; 01-03-2017 at 12:06 PM..
Old 01-03-2017, 04:34 PM   #29
Maria527
Senior LCF Member

Dukan Diet Attack Phase Day 1
Current Weight: 132

3 Cups Coffee w/ Skim milk & Stevia drops
Salmon Breakfast Sandwich
---Oat Bran Muffin
---(1.5 T Oat Bran, 1/2 tsp B. Powder, 1.5 T Yogurt, 1 Egg, Spice)
---1 T Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
---4 oz. Salmon

1 container plain non-fat Greek Yogurt

Tuna Salad
---5 oz Tuna
---1/2 C 1% Cottage Cheese
---1 Boiled egg, chopped
---1 tsp Mustard

1 Boiled Egg
Tea

Egg & Lemon Soup
---Chicken Stock
---2 Eggs
---4 oz Chicken Breast
---1 oz Lemon Juice
---1 oz Texas Pete

Tea

No work out today. Today was my first day back to work after 2 weeks off. I need to get back in the groove! Yesterday I ran 3 miles on a treadmill and did weight machines and core for about 45 min. I was sore today because I'm so out of shape, and with it being my first day back and sleep pattern is off, I decided to skip working out today.

Pina - So glad your weight is moving in the right direction! For exercise I'll be focusing on running and maybe some spin classes for cardio; and barbells, dumbbells or weight machines for strength training. Also, some floor work for core/abs.

My Facebook

My Weightloss Journal

Last edited by Maria527; 01-03-2017 at 04:37 PM..
Old 01-03-2017, 04:42 PM   #30
Pina
Senior LCF Member

Tasty meal plans and you certainly go above and beyond in the exercise dept....impressive!
I do Pilates + Strength routines (with handweights) 3 times a week and aim to walk 30 mins (@ 4mph) for 6 times a week. That's what I was doing before the cruise.