Forum Jump

Old 06-13-2016, 10:20 AM   #1
Jesse
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Reflections on the 4th Anniversary of my WLS

I first heard about the sleeve on this forum, so each year I post a reflection on the anniversary of my surgery, in case there are any lurkers out there, like I once was, wondering if wls could help them.

I've posted long reflections about my initial surgery, my recovery, the plan I use, my struggles etc. I'll skip that part because it hasn't changed, and can be searched here if you are curious.

My surgery changed everything, making what was a good life even better. I cannot find the words to express my gratitude for the fact there is a treatment for my disease. (Not a cure, but a very effective treatment). I was 50 years old when I had surgery, and it lifted the curtain on the second act of my life, a second act that is so fulfilling, even in my dreams I couldn't imagine it.

One gift of my surgery, it is much easier to live in the present. I am no longer looking around thinking, one day when I lose weight I'll .... now I'm just doing.

Freedom.... free to walk where I want, for as long as I want, to sit where I want, to shop where I want, to wear what I want, to stand if I want, to travel where I want, to ride what I want to ride be it a horse or a zip line. I choose because I want to or don't want to, not because I can't. I choose. I choose. Yes, I am released from my fat prison.

WLS cannot solve every problem in my life, but it has made it easier to cope and deal with the challenges that come my way. I have more energy, better health, more stamina mentally and physically.

I could go on and on (and I have ) I am so so grateful for this second chance and I plan to continue to do all I can to use it well. 4 years later, it still feels like a miracle, a gift, an answer to prayer. I my sleeve.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2016, 04:23 PM   #2
leonak
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
WOE: JUDDD
What a wonderful post! So happy that it indeed does and did work!

Old 06-14-2016, 06:16 AM   #3
Wendy T
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wendy T
Stats: 252.6/170.4/145 5'6" 52 years young
WOE: VSG 6/2/14
Start Date: June 2, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I first heard about the sleeve on this forum, so each year I post a reflection on the anniversary of my surgery, in case there are any lurkers out there, like I once was, wondering if wls could help them.

I've posted long reflections about my initial surgery, my recovery, the plan I use, my struggles etc. I'll skip that part because it hasn't changed, and can be searched here if you are curious.

My surgery changed everything, making what was a good life even better. I cannot find the words to express my gratitude for the fact there is a treatment for my disease. (Not a cure, but a very effective treatment). I was 50 years old when I had surgery, and it lifted the curtain on the second act of my life, a second act that is so fulfilling, even in my dreams I couldn't imagine it.

One gift of my surgery, it is much easier to live in the present. I am no longer looking around thinking, one day when I lose weight I'll .... now I'm just doing.

Freedom.... free to walk where I want, for as long as I want, to sit where I want, to shop where I want, to wear what I want, to stand if I want, to travel where I want, to ride what I want to ride be it a horse or a zip line. I choose because I want to or don't want to, not because I can't. I choose. I choose. Yes, I am released from my fat prison.

WLS cannot solve every problem in my life, but it has made it easier to cope and deal with the challenges that come my way. I have more energy, better health, more stamina mentally and physically.

I could go on and on (and I have ) I am so so grateful for this second chance and I plan to continue to do all I can to use it well. 4 years later, it still feels like a miracle, a gift, an answer to prayer. I my sleeve.

I am just over 2 years out and while sometimes I tend to feel un-appreciative of this gift I was given, I know what a blessing it has been to my way of life; and when I start getting depressed because it doesn't seem like I'll ever lose these last 25 pounds, I counteract that depression and though process by thinking how far I HAVE come.... 77 pounds gone in 2 years is nothing to sneeze at!
I, too, love my sleeve!