Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 07-21-2016, 10:54 AM   #121
JayLynn
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JayLynn
WOE: Fasting and LCHF
Start Date: HDE Jan 2015, IF Feb 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
Just wanting to mention a personal little fasting victory:

My assistant is leaving the company for 2 years on maternity leave (before you wonder, yes, this is possible in Germany!) and so she decided to buy us lunch. She knows about my fasting, so I didn't eat. Well, it was totally fine, I sat there whilst my colleagues were devouring pizzas and other carby italian goodness, and I had a cup of green tea and. felt. fine.

Amazing, I can't believe how calm and generally ok I feel! They were really eating my one and only major trigger food and I was fine!

Ok, rant/shout/celebration over!

xx
Mimosa, I am very impressed that you had only tea while the others were eating pizza and such. I haven't got to that point yet. When we go out to eat I try and make the best choice I can, but still go overboard sometimes.
Thankfully I don't agree to eating out much anymore, much to my husband's dismay.

So YAY! for you being able to be fine with not eating when those around you are. Very impressive!

Make good choices. I choose love and good health.

"In the beginning, we make our habits. Over time, our habits make us."

Eat clean and keep moving.
And laugh a lot!
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2016, 10:59 AM   #122
ButterBaconBurgers
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 135/123/121
WOE: LCHF + 2 36 hr. fast per week
Start Date: June 4, 2016
Foxtail, I agree! It's also sad that insulin has been pushed on diabetics, as it makes everything worse!

Gina, that is a great question about the exercise, since it would definitely use up glycogen, that would seem to shift you into the third phase sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
according to real life examples that have been shared here, and by Dr Fung, it is the weight loss from fasting that results in being able to eat carbs again and still have good blood sugar, not just a low carb diet. LOL
Yes, he does talk about the weight loss caused by the WLS being part of the "cure"

JayLynn, yay you for resisting and really healing

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetaz View Post

My aunt is diabetic, but my Mom, her sister is not. Their eating habits are completely different in one aspect. My Mom is about eating meals and not snacking. My aunt on the other hand, keeps away from most sugar products, eating a ton of sugar free stuff, but is eating all day long.
Wow! That is so interesting! I have found in the past when I stick to three meals a day, I always (eventually ... it can take a month or so) lose weight ... Currently, I don't do any eating window fasting on my "eating days", I think over time that would just be a recipe for failure for me while doing 2 36-hour fasts a week. But I have veered toward being snack-y. I'm going to think about that ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post
I decided to double up on the avocado in my salad, which I ate around 3:30 since I had a visitor at lunch. I have had no desire to eat since!!

Lots of romaine
Whole avocado
Couple of heaping tablespoons of blue cheese
Couple of heaping tablespoons of bacon (yay)
Skipped the feta cheese today
Shredded carrots
Cucumber slices
Lots of balsamic vinegar. Lots.
That sounds amazing! I love avocado!

Quote:
Just wanting to mention a personal little fasting victory:

My assistant is leaving the company for 2 years on maternity leave (before you wonder, yes, this is possible in Germany!) and so she decided to buy us lunch. She knows about my fasting, so I didn't eat. Well, it was totally fine, I sat there whilst my colleagues were devouring pizzas and other carby italian goodness, and I had a cup of green tea and. felt. fine.

Amazing, I can't believe how calm and generally ok I feel! They were really eating my one and only major trigger food and I was fine!

Ok, rant/shout/celebration over!

xx
That is fantastic and INSPIRING. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
I ended my fast last night after 72 hours.
WOW! way to go, Gina!

I'm (happily!) eating today through Sat! Have a great day, ALL!
Heather
ButterBaconBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:08 AM   #123
JayLynn
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JayLynn
WOE: Fasting and LCHF
Start Date: HDE Jan 2015, IF Feb 2016
Quote:

I ended my fast last night after 72 hours. At about hour 68 I started feeling weird- physically OK, but restless, couldn't concentrate, and HUNGRY. I was at work, which is out in the country and no where near food, and I wasn't ready to call it just yet completely, so I found some dill pickles in the break room refrigerator and had a couple. When I got home I had dinner.
Wow Gina! 72 hours! You go Girl!!!!

I'm trying to stick with OMAD but some days are still two meals (the first a small one). I gotta get my head back in the groove to try a 36 and work up to 72. I know my body will love me for it.

I do feel good right now with NO snacking and NO grazing like I did most my life. Right now I'm still losing slowly and really am not concerned about the pounds. Would still like to drop 50 more but I'm in no hurry. Having good blood sugar and blood pressure number matter more to me right now.

Make good choices. I choose love and good health.

"In the beginning, we make our habits. Over time, our habits make us."

Eat clean and keep moving.
And laugh a lot!
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:25 PM   #124
susan46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susan46
WOE: High fat, low carb, moderate protein
Start Date: April 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Belle View Post
I've been reading about fasting lately, and I would like to try dinner-to-dinner fasting in conjunction with low carb. Atkin's wasn't working, egg fast wasn't working, it seems like any bit of carbohydrate consumption (even an Atkin's Induction friendly salad) keeps my insulin up and prevents weight loss. I had to cut my food intake way down and fight and starve to lose every ounce, and my weight would go down, then back up, it was miserable. And lack of motivation leads to cheating, of course.

I've begun reading this new thread and would like to make a comment on how I feel today.

I am reading The Obesity Code and just completed chapters on insulin and cortisol and discussion of weight set point. When I finished that I went to talk to my husband and just cried (well, that did a lot for my cortisol levels, didn't it?).

I am now more discouraged than I have ever been. If being obese (I'm a hundred pounds over what I weighed 30 years ago) keeps insulin levels up even while fasting; if cortisol keeps insulin levels up, even though eating low-carb; if all this makes set point very difficult to lower---I just don't know what more to do now. I am currently at my set point (235). I can eat some carbs, gain a pound, cut back for a few days, lose a pound, but I cannot get below 235.

Of course, getting upset like I did caused me to overeat (although not hugely like I used to).

I'll continue on, because not doing so means the weight I have lost will come back. But I just don't know anymore. It seems the hormones are winning.

Last edited by susan46; 07-21-2016 at 02:28 PM..
susan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:53 PM   #125
GME
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/199/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/LC
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Keep reading. He does offer a solution.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:24 PM   #126
nunzio
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nunzio
Stats: 300/260/223
WOE: LCHF.....IF
Start Date: 07-07-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan46 View Post
I've begun reading this new thread and would like to make a comment on how I feel today.

I am reading The Obesity Code and just completed chapters on insulin and cortisol and discussion of weight set point. When I finished that I went to talk to my husband and just cried (well, that did a lot for my cortisol levels, didn't it?).

I am now more discouraged than I have ever been. If being obese (I'm a hundred pounds over what I weighed 30 years ago) keeps insulin levels up even while fasting; if cortisol keeps insulin levels up, even though eating low-carb; if all this makes set point very difficult to lower---I just don't know what more to do now. I am currently at my set point (235). I can eat some carbs, gain a pound, cut back for a few days, lose a pound, but I cannot get below 235.

Of course, getting upset like I did caused me to overeat (although not hugely like I used to).

I'll continue on, because not doing so means the weight I have lost will come back. But I just don't know anymore. It seems the hormones are winning.
Susan46.

Quit weighing yourself if it makes you unhappy!
The way you are now eating is having HUGE benefits to your health.
You can not see it but your body is not having to over-produce insulin and then trying to counter-act the overload.
Organs are getting a rest instead of having to keep churning all the time.

Who am I to give you advice?
Nobody.

I say all these things because I know from experience the things you are feeling.

I am tired of focusing on my weight and want to be the healthiest I can be!!!!
I need to lose 80 lbs (I'm 295 lbs) if I lose weight...fine I'll take it....otherwise If I can be healthier in other ways ...Woo Hoo !!!!!

My wife is 5' 9" and weights 155 lbs...she doesn't need to be on the 19/5 to lose weight.I told her so...she said if it can help her be healthier inside then it's the thing to do.

That attitude made me rethink why I was doing all this.

I hope I can lose more weight ,but....
I REFUSE to let "not losing weight" control me like food has All these years.

In reality... I just exchanged my addiction to food for an addiction to my weight!

I want you to know you are not alone.

I Will delete this post if you want...just ask
......Alan

Last edited by nunzio; 07-21-2016 at 04:27 PM..
nunzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:21 PM   #127
susan46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susan46
WOE: High fat, low carb, moderate protein
Start Date: April 2016
Thank you for your replies. I appreciate them. On reflection, I guess what threw me into a panic was the idea that just because I am so overweight, my body is overproducing insulin even though I fast 18 hours/day.

Nothing I can do about that except keep moving forward. I can't go back because I didn't like it there.
susan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:47 PM   #128
Key Tones
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/221/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC 2004, gastric sleeve 9/15, Fung Fasting 3/16
Gina - I missed the 72 hour fast post. That is really great!!!

"Obesity is a hypothalamic/hormonal issue. Using calorie-based weapons to fight a hormonal issue is like bringing a snorkel to a bicycle race." --Jason Fung
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:54 PM   #129
GME
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post
Gina - I missed the 72 hour fast post. That is really great!!!
Thanks!
Old 07-21-2016, 08:53 PM   #130
GME
Blabbermouth!!!

Fasting funnies.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (32.4 KB, 61 views)
Old 07-22-2016, 12:39 AM   #131
Mimosa23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 228/177/150
WOE: LCHF/IF
Start Date: IF/LCHF start: June 2016
I just love our Fung threads!

First of all there is such great support here.

Secondly, tons of great information, personal and scientific.

Thirdly, a bunch of great people have joined this thread!

What more can we want, LOL!

Thanks people, this is my favourite LCF thread!

So I managed 36 hours fasting, not feeling bad, so I am going to wait till 12 noon today to eat a little something to break my fast (organic fermented saurkraut, a few pecan halves and a little olive oil) and then have something proper for lunch.

Today another NSV: I can button up and wear with dignity a shirt that I had relegated to the back of my closet because I couldn't wear it anymore due to it being too small! Add to that a pair of capri jeans that I've been eying up in my wardrobe for ages, but couldn't button up.... Am a very happy bunny right now!

The funny thing is, is that my weightloss really goes in stops and starts and is nothing impressive (never was for me) but my inchloss especially in my belly and bum area is nothing short of amazing!

I hope my Keto/IF is doing the same for me on the inside (health) as it seems to be doing for me on the outside!

Looking forward to a nice weekend, sunshine and some food, LOL!

xxx

female, 40 y/o, 5'10"

My weightloss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...2#post17556452

My 30-day ketogenic cleanse food pics:
https://goo.gl/photos/BempEGLejSXZ3GcF6
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 03:37 AM   #132
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/203/? 5'4"
WOE: reduced carb,IF
Start Date: Restart 1/1/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBaconBurgers View Post

Yes, he does talk about the weight loss caused by the WLS being part of the "cure"
I have read that when a diabetic has WLS, their blood sugar normalizes even before they begin to lose weight. I am beginning to think that it's because of the lack of solid food in the beginning, making it equivilent to fasting. I am not a candidate for WLS, but wouldn't fasting replicate the same effect? Maybe that's what's been said all along and I am just getting it. Duh!

The thing I like about this thread is that beyond providing info from studies and websites, it provides actual results from real people who are living it.
The posts from people who are struggling, as I am, make me realize that I am not alone, and the posts from those who have had a good weight drop and are continuing, makes me realize that It CAN be done!

Thank you!

If I had started a year ago I would be at goal today.

No one ever leaves the gym regretting the choice to workout.
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:04 AM   #133
grneyedldy
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: grneyedldy
Stats: 180/134/120
WOE: NK
Start Date: 9/2/2013
Good morning Fungsters

Mimosa, awesome NSV, yay! Gina, wow 72 hours. Way to go!

Carolsue, I read the same (by Dr. Fung) about WLS...diabetes is "reversed" after surgery and before any major weight loss. Which is why he says it's the same as fasting. He of course goes into more detail.

I'm 36 hours into a fast. I'm not sure when I'm going to break it. I'm going to just see how I feel. I love seeing the lower number on the scale (lowest I've seen in months) but I know it's not all fat loss. What I really want to see are inches lost. Patience grasshopper

TGIF! Wishing everyone a fabulous Friday.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:15 AM   #134
Leo41
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Carolsue-
I think that's the basis of the Newcastle Diet, which is 800 cal a day and designed to get diabetics off Rx. After her WLS, my sister stayed with me for a month, and I'd estimate that she was having 600-700 cal a day because her surgeon's protocol emphasized the need to maintain protein. So she would sip protein shakes all day (because she could drink only a little at a time), and she also had solid food to supplement after the first week.

She lost weight very, very slowly at first (and was discouraged), but she had normal BG with no meds within 2 months--the significant weight loss was after that. Her experience would be totally consistent with the Newcastle Diet (developed in the UK), and I wonder whether the doctor who developed it did so because he'd seen the results with WLS patients.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:25 AM   #135
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/165/155
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Good morning! I love this thread as well! Seems Dr. Fung is getting some press with his article concerning the 'Hall' debacle. Saw a piece in F.B. that linked to a nutrition magazine and it quoted the entire article from Fung's blog. It was a good article!

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
"I resist insulin" Hyperlipid
We are butter together!
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:31 AM   #136
Mimosa23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 228/177/150
WOE: LCHF/IF
Start Date: IF/LCHF start: June 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
Good morning! I love this thread as well! Seems Dr. Fung is getting some press with his article concerning the 'Hall' debacle. Saw a piece in F.B. that linked to a nutrition magazine and it quoted the entire article from Fung's blog. It was a good article!
I saw that too, looks like you are reading the same group as I am! xx

female, 40 y/o, 5'10"

My weightloss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...2#post17556452

My 30-day ketogenic cleanse food pics:
https://goo.gl/photos/BempEGLejSXZ3GcF6
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:10 AM   #137
GME
Blabbermouth!!!

Mimosa, you continue to inspire. Congratulations on the clothes.

Carol, I listened to a podcast with Dr. Fung (I wish I could tell you which one, but I don't remember) where he talked for a few minutes about WLS. He believes it is effective for diabetes because it is "forced fasting." He doesn't believe the hypothoses about removing part of the gut or stomach, because there are different surgeries and they all work the same on diabetes. He thinks it starts even before the surgery because patients are put on a liquid diet.

Grneyedldy, good luck on continuing your fast. 36 hours is great, any more is gravy.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:58 AM   #138
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: LC/IF/JUDDD
Start Date: Which time?
Quote:
Just wanting to mention a personal little fasting victory: Well, it was totally fine, I sat there whilst my colleagues were devouring pizzas and other carby italian goodness, and I had a cup of green tea and. felt. fine. Amazing, I can't believe how calm and generally ok I feel! They were really eating my one and only major trigger food and I was fine! Ok, rant/shout/celebration over! xx
Mimosa - well done!!

Quote:
Vanilla, that's how I understand it. The fasting brings your setpoint down, once your setpoint is down you can lose (and keep off) the fat.
Gina - I hope so!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan46 View Post

Susan - I just literally finished reading this chapter as well and thought the same thing!! Like a hamster on a wheel thingy!

Quote:
Keep reading. He does offer a solution.
Gina - Oh good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzio View Post
Susan46.

Quit weighing yourself if it makes you unhappy!
The way you are now eating is having HUGE benefits to your health.
You can not see it but your body is not having to over-produce insulin and then trying to counter-act the overload. Organs are getting a rest instead of having to keep churning all the time.
Alan - Good points that I need to remember.

I was up 1.5 lbs. today and highly discouraged - again. I've pushed my fasting to 18/6 most days, keeping my carbs well below 10, am totally satisfied, drinking 64+ ozs. of water, etc. and was so - pardon the pun - deflated. I think I'm looking a bit better in the mirror although clothes don't fit any better. I fully admit to the discouragement coming from comparing myself to those here who are dropping pounds like flies. I know I need to stop doing this, but it is admittedly difficult even though I know there are all kinds of factors that play into it.

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:20 AM   #139
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Susan46,

I just want to say keep doing the protocol and things will turn around. Also, this video maybe insightful. He lost 145 pounds on the fasting and LCHF.

This is very interesting!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sAq...yslVJ7F4uInIkX

He also talks about in his videos to not let the scale be the end all. I know it is hard for us.

He loves Dr Fung too!

https://www.youtube.com/user/butterb...view=0&sort=dd

I am in the middle of week 3. I am still fasting so it will be 48 hours for me. I dropped a bit more and can see more waist definition. Almost at 14 pounds off and I have another 16 to go.

And like many have said, even if the scale and the inch loss is not happening as fast as you like, you are reaping benefits. And eventually your body is going to lose the fat.

My fasting number 80 after 24 hours but 95 after 12 so that was curious. Maybe my body was also dumping insulin at 12 hours or contending with the low carb food still. Learning as I go about insulin.
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:25 AM   #140
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Quote:
I saw that too, looks like you are reading the same group as I am! xx
I bet there are lots of us in that group but just don't 'recognize' each other! Kind of funny really.

Quote:
Mimosa, you continue to inspire. Congratulations on the clothes.

Carol, I listened to a podcast with Dr. Fung (I wish I could tell you which one, but I don't remember) where he talked for a few minutes about WLS. He believes it is effective for diabetes because it is "forced fasting." He doesn't believe the hypothoses about removing part of the gut or stomach, because there are different surgeries and they all work the same on diabetes. He thinks it starts even before the surgery because patients are put on a liquid diet.

Grneyedldy, good luck on continuing your fast. 36 hours is great, any more is gravy.
Gina, I am pretty sure it was his most recent interview and that one was #1038. Forced fasting is exactly what weight loss surgery is in effect.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
We are butter together!
Old 07-22-2016, 01:32 PM   #141
GME
Blabbermouth!!!

So when you are fasting, the trick is to keep yorself busy, but not too busy with activities that are strenuous enough to make you extra hungry. A fine line, my friends, a fine line.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:13 PM   #142
kind
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kind
WOE: Good fats, Plant base,calarie counting>1200
Start Date: April1 2013
I just started with doing this type of fast{Before I saw this.{Today

I'm doing * light Progresso **Chicken@Vegetables with Rose Mary.
I blend with *hand held blender and Heat for 4 mins.
For whole can* 120
Thought to do **2xs a day{Going to do for 10 days .
I think this is healthy{As fasting goes.
For I can still keep up walking 8 miles.
Plus.Vits.*& Water and plain tea.
What do u think?
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 04:13 PM   #143
Jjsmama
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jjsmama
Stats: 164/158/138
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 13, 2015 (JUDDD)
SOO many victories in the past couple days! Congrats to all of you! (i have to re- learn how to multi quote. It is not working right for me, so forgive me for not replying to you all individually.)

great work resisting food while others are eating, and sticking to the fasting days!!

I just finished a 44 hour fast. Not really sure why i didn't go for 48 bc i was not feeling too badly. The scale has finally started to move for me this week. After battling the same 2 pounds for 1-2 months on Juddd and Fast 5, i implemented the Fung strategies of LC, no sugar and going longer periods without any carbs or sugar. This week another 2.5 down, so YEA, Finally! Mostly I have been doing 24 hour fasts, dinner to dinner and i find those not hard at all. (I do have coffee with hwc in morning.)
For the 2 day fast, i had a little bit of the beef broth before i had to cook dinner for my family, and I was FIne not eating with them. Then, this morning, i just had the coffee until 1:30.

i have been reading about longer fasts and I would really like to try it. I think I will do it when the kids go back to school. Right now, there is lots of food in my kitchen ALL the time because three boys are home all day and too many summer visitors, etc. i would like to experience the healing of a longer fast though.

Wife to 1+ Mom to 3= 4 Fabulous Fellows

Last edited by Jjsmama; 07-22-2016 at 04:15 PM..
Jjsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 06:08 AM   #144
grneyedldy
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: grneyedldy
Stats: 180/134/120
WOE: NK
Start Date: 9/2/2013
Happy Saturday Fungsters

I ended my fast last night for dinner (45 1/2 hrs). I think if I had been alone and not needing to make food for my husband, I would have extended it to at least this morning. I was hungry though and thoroughly enjoyed a nice summer meal....egg salad, fresh picked tomato with bleu cheese dressing, 1/2 an avo and some bacon. I had some pecans and a square of 86% chocolate for dessert. Food certainly taste better after a fast.

My fasting blood glucose was 65 (which also means my ketones are high) this morning and my weight was still at my new low. I'm sure hoping this last, but am prepared for a bounce up. I will probably do two meals today, depending on whether or not hubby and I go out for lunch. Feeling good!

How is everyone doing today and what are your plans?

Last edited by grneyedldy; 07-23-2016 at 06:10 AM..
grneyedldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 06:14 AM   #145
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/203/? 5'4"
WOE: reduced carb,IF
Start Date: Restart 1/1/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
Gina, I am pretty sure it was his most recent interview and that one was #1038. Forced fasting is exactly what weight loss surgery is in effect.
How do I find these postcasts? Sorry to say I am new at this.

If I had started a year ago I would be at goal today.

No one ever leaves the gym regretting the choice to workout.
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 06:58 AM   #146
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedldy View Post
Happy Saturday Fungsters

I ended my fast last night for dinner (45 1/2 hrs). I think if I had been alone and not needing to make food for my husband, I would have extended it to at least this morning. I was hungry though and thoroughly enjoyed a nice summer meal....egg salad, fresh picked tomato with bleu cheese dressing, 1/2 an avo and some bacon. I had some pecans and a square of 86% chocolate for dessert. Food certainly taste better after a fast.

My fasting blood glucose was 65 (which also means my ketones are high) this morning and my weight was still at my new low. I'm sure hoping this last, but am prepared for a bounce up. I will probably do two meals today, depending on whether or not hubby and I go out for lunch. Feeling good!

How is everyone doing today and what are your plans?
Way to fast!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
How do I find these postcasts? Sorry to say I am new at this.
I use a podcast app called pocket casts but itunes is good too. Just search for the name of the show (livin la vida low carb) and then the podcast #.

We are butter together!
Old 07-23-2016, 07:32 AM   #147
Jjsmama
Senior LCF Member

What has been yall's experience with eating carbs or sugar after days of LCHF or fast days? Is it a huge bounce in weight or water? Does it make things harder the next day? I have been really good for a week (most days under 10 or 20 carbs) but I would love a bowl of granola or raisin bran. I feel like i need it to keep things moving along .... Dont want to undo my progress though

I think LCHF and IF do go very well together. Aside from all the obvious facts reported by scientists, i just don't WANT all that protein and fat in the mornings, and it often leads me to an unplanned fast day or to at least extend my fast when i had planned to let myself eat. If i could guiltlessly eat yogurt or fruit or pancakes, i would be happy to eat.

Last edited by Jjsmama; 07-23-2016 at 07:34 AM..
Old 07-23-2016, 08:07 AM   #148
GME
Blabbermouth!!!

Jennifer & Grneyedldy~~~ Nice work on the fasts!

Carol~ Podcasts confused me a little at first. What device do you want to use to listen to the podcasts? Most people use their phones if they are "smart." What kind of phone do you have? If it is an Apple, iTunes should already be there and you can get podcasts through it. If is is another kind you will need to download an app. Like Cathy I use Pocket Casts.

Dr. Fung has been a guest on the Jimmy Moore podcast The Livin' La Vida Lowcarb show a few times. If you want to listen on your computer, you can just go to the site and listen from there, no phone, no app. There is a search box in the corner. If you enter Jason Fung, four podcasts come up.

I have three friends coming into town this afternoon for a race in the morning. That means probably snacks, a movie, dinner, ice cream, etc. My plan is to fast this morning before they get here and then make wise choices at whatever restaurant we wind up at. I never eat ice cream before a race anyway because it makes me wheezy, so that won't be so hard. Then tomorrow we will go out to eat after the race, then the friends will head back home and we are having a big birthday dinner for my son.

Whew. I would like to say it will all be OK because I am runnning 6 miles in the middle of all that, but experience tells me it won't help. Monday fast day for sure!
Old 07-23-2016, 09:58 AM   #149
Jjsmama
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Jennifer & Grneyedldy~~~ Nice work on the fasts!

Carol~ Podcasts confused me a little at first. What device do you want to use to listen to the podcasts? Most people use their phones if they are "smart." What kind of phone do you have? If it is an Apple, iTunes should already be there and you can get podcasts through it. If is is another kind you will need to download an app. Like Cathy I use Pocket Casts.
Dr Fung also has videos of lectures on his website, Intensive Dietary Management, under the lectures tabs. I want to try those next. I love to listen to Dr Fung, but I do not really enjoy Jimmy M.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:11 AM   #150
Key Tones
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/221/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC 2004, gastric sleeve 9/15, Fung Fasting 3/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
I just started with doing this type of fast{Before I saw this.{Today

I'm doing * light Progresso **Chicken@Vegetables with Rose Mary.
I blend with *hand held blender and Heat for 4 mins.
For whole can* 120
Thought to do **2xs a day{Going to do for 10 days .
I think this is healthy{As fasting goes.
For I can still keep up walking 8 miles.
Plus.Vits.*& Water and plain tea.
What do u think?
Hi! And welcome!!

I'm not familiar with that soup, but if it works for you, keep doing it! We have a Fung Fasting Group called Fasting with Jason Fung, come on over!!

"Obesity is a hypothalamic/hormonal issue. Using calorie-based weapons to fight a hormonal issue is like bringing a snorkel to a bicycle race." --Jason Fung
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote