Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 07-23-2016, 10:49 AM   #151
Sunshinegirl44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshinegirl44
Stats: 348/327/115
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 2/8/2015
Carol Glad the info on insulin helped. It really helped me. Dr. Fung is amazing. I am restarting a fast today. I am going to do three days and switch to one evening meal a day. This seems to work best for me. I don't know if anyone has talked about it yet, I have not had time to look at all the posts yet, but he talks about drinking apple cider vinegar I believe before a meal helps keep your insulin down after a meal. I drink a couple of tablespoons in my ice water and it really is not bad. Don't forget to check out his videos on youtube
Sunshinegirl44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2016, 07:25 PM   #152
ClicketWench
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ClicketWench
Stats: 283/209/158
WOE: LCHF, IF
Start Date: July 23, 2016
New Here

Hi all!

Looks like I found the right place! My sister put me on to this idea this past week, and I have been reading everything I can get my mouse on about intermittent fasting today. I am no stranger to low carb, and it's the only thing I have ever had any success on. This fasting thing is new, though, and the idea has clicked in my brain so that I feel like this may be the thing that actually works. I mean, I have always thought dieting would be so much easier if I could just NOT EAT, but was terrified by all the warnings about screwing up my metabolism (pretty sure that ship sailed years ago anyway). I'm not diabetic, but my sister is, and and I was borderline gestational diabetic with all three of my pregnancies. My doctor with one of them assured me that women with my condition are a ticking time bomb for type 2 diabetes later in life if we don't get our blood sugar under control. I didn't worry too much about it until my sister got the dreaded disease, and I am certain I'm not far behind. I am at least 130 lbs over weight now, and for the past year I have been noticing a lot more fat in my midsection, when before I mostly carried it in my bum and thighs. This is another warning sign I really need to pay attention to. I'm hearing it's my age (45), but I don't think I want to accept that.

So. Yesterday I binged on fast food because I knew I was about to pay the piper and felt HORRIBLE all night and most of this morning. That helped me get started delaying breakfast, but I still ate a lot more than I should have today, even though it was all low carb. I am planning on just delaying breakfast tomorrow, to ease into this fasting thing and give the low carb appetite suppressing magic a chance to kick in, and going ahead and starting the Fast 5 thing on Monday, with low carb and high fat during my 5 hours. I hadn't thought about going into 48 hour fasts like you guys are doing, but now that I realize it's a possibility, it's something to shoot for!

I've been watching Bob Briggs videos all day, and boy, what an encouragement he is! I'm excited to start this, and excited to be here.

A couple of questions: When I have lost that same 50 lbs several times in the past, my hair always thins horribly. Have any of you experienced this, and do you think I can prevent it? Should I just invest in some good wigs?
ClicketWench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 07:42 PM   #153
nunzio
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nunzio
Stats: 300/260/223
WOE: LCHF.....IF
Start Date: 07-07-2016
I love chicken!!!!!!!!!!

I've been eating grilled chicken breast has been 75% or more of my "meat" intake for over 25 years.

Enter LCHF and eating Red Meat seems to be a big part of the "fat" part of LCHF.

Up untill the last 2 days I've been eating my grilled chicken breasts as usual as I get used to all this new stuff( 19/5 eating schedule and LCHF).

The last 2 days I've replaced my chicken breast with a Rump Roast cooked in a crockpot.I stiil am eating my normal amount of LC veggies with olive oil and a Avacado.

I don't like the way I feel after eating meat...I am on the 19/5 hour eating schedule.
Does anyone here do the LCHF without eating loads of Red Meat?

Any advice or criticism is Welcome...Don't worry you will NOT hurt my feeling...I CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH !!!

Thanks ...Alan
nunzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 07:50 PM   #154
nunzio
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nunzio
Stats: 300/260/223
WOE: LCHF.....IF
Start Date: 07-07-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClicketWench View Post
Hi all!

Looks like I found the right place! My sister put me on to this idea this past week, and I have been reading everything I can get my mouse on about intermittent fasting today. I am no stranger to low carb, and it's the only thing I have ever had any success on. This fasting thing is new, though, and the idea has clicked in my brain so that I feel like this may be the thing that actually works. I mean, I have always thought dieting would be so much easier if I could just NOT EAT, but was terrified by all the warnings about screwing up my metabolism (pretty sure that ship sailed years ago anyway). I'm not diabetic, but my sister is, and and I was borderline gestational diabetic with all three of my pregnancies. My doctor with one of them assured me that women with my condition are a ticking time bomb for type 2 diabetes later in life if we don't get our blood sugar under control. I didn't worry too much about it until my sister got the dreaded disease, and I am certain I'm not far behind. I am at least 130 lbs over weight now, and for the past year I have been noticing a lot more fat in my midsection, when before I mostly carried it in my bum and thighs. This is another warning sign I really need to pay attention to. I'm hearing it's my age (45), but I don't think I want to accept that.

So. Yesterday I binged on fast food because I knew I was about to pay the piper and felt HORRIBLE all night and most of this morning. That helped me get started delaying breakfast, but I still ate a lot more than I should have today, even though it was all low carb. I am planning on just delaying breakfast tomorrow, to ease into this fasting thing and give the low carb appetite suppressing magic a chance to kick in, and going ahead and starting the Fast 5 thing on Monday, with low carb and high fat during my 5 hours. I hadn't thought about going into 48 hour fasts like you guys are doing, but now that I realize it's a possibility, it's something to shoot for!

I've been watching Bob Briggs videos all day, and boy, what an encouragement he is! I'm excited to start this, and excited to be here.

A couple of questions: When I have lost that same 50 lbs several times in the past, my hair always thins horribly. Have any of you experienced this, and do you think I can prevent it? Should I just invest in some good wigs?
Welcome!

Last edited by nunzio; 07-23-2016 at 07:54 PM..
nunzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:13 PM   #155
cgwwilson
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cgwwilson
Stats: Highest weight 224. 208/166/128. Ht. 5'5"
WOE: Low Carb with IF (16/8)
Start Date: May 16, 2016
Alan,

Red meat isn't necessary at all if you don't care for it. A lot of people very much enjoy their steaks and roasts and are pleased they can eat them without feeling guilty.

Personally, I don't eat red meat more than once or twice a month - if that. There are lots of additional ways to add fat , including rich, yummy sauces. Or, just pile on the avocado, mushrooms sautéed in butter - whatever works for you. . .

Glad you're doing so well!

Carolyn
cgwwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:40 PM   #156
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Hi all.
In the middle of week three, down 14.3 pounds. I am finding my best groove is 23 hour fasts, eating OMAD with an hour window. I eat about 4:30 these days and that is it. Struggling with portion size truth be told. I am not finishing my serving. I am not going to sweat it. It is what my body needs I guess. Walking daily, drinking lots of water and taking vit D and magnesium and liquid fish oil. I will be curious when I get my lipids done in November.

Red meat: I do not eat red meat very often because I do not like the taste so much. I make Butter Bobs chili with turkey and everyone eats it. Turkey is my favorite or chicken thighs. I am thinking of starting eggs/avocado and cheese for a switch. Anyway! My DH said he can see a lot of weight loss in the face, shoulders, waist and legs. SO yeah! I went out for coffee with one of my dearest old buddies and he had cheesecake and I had water. He was trying to be a food pusher but I held my own. hahah

Clicketwench; I would try biotin for your hair. And I am glad you like his videos.I have watched them all. I like his simple approach. He fasts usually for 16-24 hours as well. And also Jason's youtube videos. I am using a notebook for all my stats (weight, date and blood sugars)

Love reading all of your posts everyone.Best wishes to your success
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:47 PM   #157
JayLynn
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JayLynn
WOE: Fasting and LCHF
Start Date: HDE Jan 2015, IF Feb 2016
I love chicken too, but just eat the dark meat. I roast a panful of seasoned thighs and drumsticks, and eat one for dinner with a salad, broccoli or baby spinach. After a couple days I chop up whatever meat is left and make LC enchiladas or chicken taco salad. I do this a couple times a month.
On my OMAD days I usually have eggs, bacon, avocado and maybe a couple tomato slices. My menus are very simple and basic. I used to do more cooking but realized I was eating too much.
I don't think its necessary to eat red meat if you don't like it. For protein I probably eat more eggs than anything else. And I don't eat a lot of protein because I have pre-diabetes under control with diet and for me, too much protein can trigger insulin.

Make good choices. I choose love and good health.

"In the beginning, we make our habits. Over time, our habits make us."

Eat clean and keep moving.
And laugh a lot!
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:42 AM   #158
Jjsmama
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jjsmama
Stats: 164/158/138
Start Date: Feb 13, 2015 (JUDDD)
Quote:
Hi all!
and for the past year I have been noticing a lot more fat in my midsection, when before I mostly carried it in my bum and thighs. This is another warning sign I really need to pay attention to. I'm hearing it's my age (45), but I don't think I want to accept that.

Welcome! My Dr thinks I am almost finished with menopause at 44! She also mentioned that the belly weight gain was a symptom and that it does happen in menopause. She didn't phrase this as an excuse, but a medical fact. The place I got to in my brain was: it is going to get harder to fight, so I am going to fight it harder. That is what brought me back to LC and now Fung.

Also, somewhere i read that hair loss is part of the 'healing crisis' and does happen but that the hair usually then regrows even healthier. I will try and find that article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzio View Post
I love chicken!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like the way I feel after eating meat...I am on the 19/5 hour eating schedule.

Thanks ...Alan
Alan, i know the feeling, except it is eggs. I feel so dick after eating eggs and eggs seem to be the other staple food of LC. i am not eating them anymore though, except cooked into something else.

I think there are lots of ways to add fat to the chicken if you want, using bacon and cheese, avocaods, etc.

IIFR, Dr Fung isn't advocating lcHF, is he? Doesn't he really advocate LC but allow the fat? That is what I got out of reading his book, but people on LC groups always go on about adding more fat, but i never saw that in Dr Fung's book. Someone else may have an opinion on this. For myself, i am eating the HF when I want it (like pizza crust made out of cheese- yum!) but I am not adding fats on purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
Hi all.
In the middle of week three, down 14.3 pounds. I am finding my best groove is 23 hour fasts, eating OMAD with an hour window. I eat about 4:30 these days and that is it. Struggling with portion size truth be told. I am not finishing my serving. I am not going to sweat it. It is what my body needs I guess. Walking daily, drinking lots of water and taking vit D and magnesium and liquid fish oil. I will be curious when I get my lipids done in November.

Red
You are doing so well? 14 pounds in 3 weeks is incredible! Keep up the good work!

Wife to 1+ Mom to 3= 4 Fabulous Fellows
Jjsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:54 AM   #159
Jjsmama
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jjsmama
Stats: 164/158/138
Start Date: Feb 13, 2015 (JUDDD)
This is an article I found written by a Dr who was treating patients with Fasting protocols in the 70s- 90s ( as best i can tell.) i would like to find the whole book. She comes at it from the angle of curing disease and anything wrong in the body (not just diabetees or obesity.) This discusses the healing crisis that occur with fasting. It is a bit long, but very interesting.
Google: starthealthylife page266

Wife to 1+ Mom to 3= 4 Fabulous Fellows
Jjsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:28 AM   #160
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/165/155
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:
Hi all!

Welcome! I would suggest having your thyroid checked out the next time you visit your doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzio View Post
I love chicken!!!!!!!!!!

I've been eating grilled chicken breast has been 75% or more of my "meat" intake for over 25 years.

Enter LCHF and eating Red Meat seems to be a big part of the "fat" part of LCHF.

Up untill the last 2 days I've been eating my grilled chicken breasts as usual as I get used to all this new stuff( 19/5 eating schedule and LCHF).

The last 2 days I've replaced my chicken breast with a Rump Roast cooked in a crockpot.I stiil am eating my normal amount of LC veggies with olive oil and a Avacado.

Any advice or criticism is Welcome...Don't worry you will NOT hurt my feeling...I CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH !!!

Thanks ...Alan
There is no reason to feel that you should be eating red meat. If you like chicken - eat it. You don't like red meat - don't eat it. There are plenty of other choices if you ever tire of chicken.

I think the idea that anyone on LCHF eats loads of red meat might be misleading. We all know that excess protein is contrary so that means moderate protein consumption - doesn't matter what the chosen protein is.

I eat fish frequently for my protein choice. I love beef but it is pricey where I buy my meat from so most often I get ground beef. I also buy beef liver which is a great source of nutrition. I guess I am saying that there are tons of choice so don't sweat it if you don't like a particular type of meat. Personally, I haven't had a chicken breast in forever unless it was part of a whole bird with skin and all.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
"I resist insulin" Hyperlipid
We are butter together!
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:52 AM   #161
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Hello to the new faces!
I really have no advice or comments on how every one is managing their diets (lol)
I'm still figuring things out for myself.

I had a great last couple days binge eating. lol It wasn't out of control, it was just I'm going to take the weekend off. haha

249 still today (weighed in AM and lately I've been up in the AM) so I'm fine. Just back to being good

Today my plan is OMAD - probably around 4-5. If I get to where I am wanting some munchies later in the night - hardboiled eggs it is.

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:02 AM   #162
ClicketWench
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Clackley, I have had it checked. Dr.'s all say it's normal. What do they know? :/

Jjsmama, Lucky to be done with menopause! I'm just starting... I'm sure that's why the sudden belly fat. I'd love for that to be true about the hair! Last time I lost a lot of weight, my skin and hair were so awful. It was pretty discouraging to finally be getting smaller, but feel ugly anyway. I hope to have changed my attitude by the time I get there again... and save money to at least get rid of my turkey neck.

nunzio, THANK YOU!
Old 07-24-2016, 11:17 AM   #163
kwerp
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/138/120
WOE: ADF
Hi!
After a bad bout of depression/ over-eating, I'm back on the wagon. Yesterday I went 21 hours. Today is a normal day, and then tomorrow I'm back to fasting. The last food I'm having today is 6pm, so I'm hoping for a solid 24 hour fast.

For people who have experience with thyroid issues, how did you find out?
I ask because I've been feeling a lump in my throat when I swallow, though sometimes I can feel it without swallowing. The GP felt my neck, and zeroed in on the lump without me saying where it was. He said it felt like a solid mass, and it was located in my thyroid.
I have a 2 week wait to see an ENT, so I'm worried. They ran a TSH blood test (among others) on Thursday, so hopefully I can find out that number this week when I phone them back. I hate waiting on the ENT appointment, but I don't have much of a choice.
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 03:24 PM   #164
ButterBaconBurgers
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 135/123/121
WOE: LCHF + 2 36 hr. fast per week
Start Date: June 4, 2016
Yay, Mimosa, on your 36 hours!

Keep Calm and Keep fasting, Vanilla Latte and kwerp

Stevie Renee, I'm a huge fan of Butter Bob Briggs, he led me to Dr. Fung

Jennifer and Grneyedldy, Yay on those long fasts!

Keynotes, is the Fasting with Dr. Jason Fung group on FB? I'm not FB

Jsmama, congrats on your long fast. I'm experiment with low/no sugar eating + no caffeine ... almost two weeks. Have been tired. But I want to stick with it until I get the energy bounce so many claim

I'm over half way through my 15th 36-hr fast.

I'm wondering if I'd have some downshifting of insulin, on wed or thurs afternoon of this week I had a noticeable—quite noticeable—down shift in appetite. I'm thinking that my be the effect of lowered background insulin?

Happy Sunday, all!
ButterBaconBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 03:25 PM   #165
ButterBaconBurgers
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 135/123/121
WOE: LCHF + 2 36 hr. fast per week
Start Date: June 4, 2016
Oops! Got ahead of myself, it's my 14th 36-hour fast!
ButterBaconBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 04:26 PM   #166
GME
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/199/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/LC
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjsmama View Post
This is an article I found written by a Dr who was treating patients with Fasting protocols in the 70s- 90s ( as best i can tell.) i would like to find the whole book. She comes at it from the angle of curing disease and anything wrong in the body (not just diabetees or obesity.) This discusses the healing crisis that occur with fasting. It is a bit long, but very interesting.
Google: starthealthylife page266
There is a book on Amazon called The No Breakfast Plan/Fasting Cure (or something very close) on Amazon that was written in 1900 about treating illness and maintaining health with fasting. It is free for Kindle.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:14 PM   #167
ClicketWench
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBaconBurgers View Post

Stevie Renee, I'm a huge fan of Butter Bob Briggs, he led me to Dr. Fung
He's how I got here, and YOU GUYS let me to Dr. Fung. I ordered his book... looking forward to reading it!

I really like your user name.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:27 PM   #168
janetaz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janetaz
Stats: 198/189/135 restart 208.5/189/155
WOE: JUDDD/Fung Protocol
Stopping in to say hello to the Fung Friends!

Eating OMAD right now has helped me overcome the snacking for boredom, stress, fun, habit, etc.

I just say to myself that I will wait until my meal to eat the snack type foods. For example today, I just wanted to eat a bunch of crunchy stuff. I waited until my OMAD, had fresh cut vegetables and parsnip chips (from Trader Joe's) with dip with my meal. Ate low carb crab cakes and salad with it. I thought I was going to eat all the chips and vegetables that I cut up. I ate about 20% of what I thought I was going to snack on. When my meal was done, I was done. Could it be psychological or insulin control or both? Not sure, but excited to keep figuring it out! This is what is helping me to be successful!
janetaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:21 PM   #169
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/168/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2014
Wow, I can't believe how fast this thread is moving! i've been away for a few weeks, with surgery and then vacation. So great to see all the new people! I've been experimenting with fasting...started doing it, loved it, and then "rebelled" against it. Mental things, I guess. Trying to come to terms with the restriction. Anyway, I'm back to trying it again.

Starting with 16:8, today was my first day. Will move to a shorter eating window soon, but I'm allowing myself the flexibility to start. I'm wondering...those of you who are having success, are you doing an eating window one day of 5 hours or so, and ALSO adding in 1-2 days/week of complete fasting?
Old 07-24-2016, 09:48 PM   #170
janetaz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janetaz
Stats: 198/189/135 restart 208.5/189/155
WOE: JUDDD/Fung Protocol
Hi betterthanever! Glad to "see" you!! I have been doing better with OMAD within an hour (old Carbohydrate Addict's Diet style) it helps me not to expand the window of eating that would turn into non stop snacking for me. I don't think I could do well with a Fast five, but I think others have done well that way.

In this past month, I have only had a few days of complete fasting, I am trying to be more regular about it (like 1-2 days a week) but right now, I have my hunger to guide me. Mostly low carb during my one meal, moderate carbs, maybe 40-60 carbs? Next, I will try to keep better track of the macros, but for now, no snacking, only coffee with a little Trader Joe's coconut cream, unsweetened ice tea and water in between. I do add a fasting "lemonade", which is water, a bit of pink himalayan sea salt and fresh lemon juice to 32 oz of water. Hope that helps!!
janetaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:16 PM   #171
Foxtail
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Foxtail
Stats: 305/256/249
Start Date: 7/13/16
Carolsue - its true! I think I would have been insulted if my doctor had recommended fasting, unless he went into detail on the study/research on the issue. Otherwise I would have taken it as a "stop eating, fat person" comment. I was listening to a talk being given by the doctor that basically invented the entire concept of the fast I'm on, and he did say that not many people would do it. I was really surprised that he would say that, since he came up with this.

Susan - have you tried fasting for a longer period of time? Add some exercise to your fast to power past the set point?

I'm coming up on two weeks of being on this fast. I feel great. Watching my weight drop has been very motivating. I stopped taking my metformin because my blood sugar is always low.

On a Fung-related note my husband, motivated by my weight loss, decided he wanted to try fasting too but couldn't last the day. He doesn't really have much to lose and was getting headaches and not feeling well. I suggested he try the Fung fast instead, and he started that yesterday. Its been really easy for him. Looking forward to seeing how he does!
Foxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:24 PM   #172
Foxtail
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Foxtail
Stats: 305/256/249
Start Date: 7/13/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
I just started with doing this type of fast{Before I saw this.{Today
I'm doing * light Progresso **Chicken@Vegetables with Rose Mary.
I blend with *hand held blender and Heat for 4 mins.
For whole can* 120
Thought to do **2xs a day{Going to do for 10 days .
I think this is healthy{As fasting goes.
For I can still keep up walking 8 miles.
Plus.Vits.*& Water and plain tea.
What do u think?
I think its good Kind! In one of Dr. Fung's videos he talks about how there are all different kinds of fasts, even just plain water. From what I've looked up, a fast is 500 calories for women and 600 calories for men. The only thing I would say is to be mindful of the sodium (although when doing a fast you do need it, and one can of soup is probably not going to be a problem.) On my first day of fasting I ate a bunch of salty pickles and I gained 3 lbs. Then I stopped eating the pickles and promptly lost it. So just keep that in mind if the scale is giving you naughty numbers.
Foxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:49 AM   #173
kwerp
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/138/120
WOE: ADF
Hi Everyone!
It's another fasting day for me. I'm really digging coffee with unsweetened almond milk (don't like the taste of cow's milk at all). Hoping to have that most of the morning, then switch to sparkling water for the afternoon.

I have it kinda easier because I don't like to eat in front of people now with the lump in my throat. I constantly feel I have to clear my throat afterwards which is a bit embarassing.

Here's to hoping today goes smoothly.
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:25 AM   #174
Mimosa23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 228/177/150
WOE: LCHF/IF
Start Date: IF/LCHF start: June 2016
Hi Everyone!

Welcome to all our new Fung Fasters!

I can't believe how many of us are in this thread, it's moving fast!

I find it a really positive development to see how little my scales go up on non fasting days. I spent the weekend eating 2 meals a day, which were sizeable portions, and my scales only went up half a pound.

I'm back to fasting, minimum 24 hours, will try for 42 though. TOM is coming, so my hunger levels are a bit higher than usual.

I had my last meal yesterday evening, and I have to say, I love summer and our veggie garden! Had a big salad on Saturday with homegrown lettuce, herbs, cucumber, radishes, tomatoes and spring onions. Added eggs, pecorino type sheep's cheese and bacon bought at our local farm. Yesterday, I made zucchini noodles with zucchini from the garden and had homemade pesto with basil from the garden, and added to that some wild alaskan smoked salmon. Delicious! Shouldn't really talk about food when I'm fasting, LOL!

Good luck to all those fasting today!
xxx

female, 40 y/o, 5'10"

My weightloss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...2#post17556452

My 30-day ketogenic cleanse food pics:
https://goo.gl/photos/BempEGLejSXZ3GcF6
Mimosa23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:24 AM   #175
Mimosa23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 228/177/150
WOE: LCHF/IF
Start Date: IF/LCHF start: June 2016
Forgot to add: I am adding in daily movement. I try to stand at my desk for 4 hours a day, and will incorporate some desk exercises as well. In the morning and evening I will hop on my rebounder for 15 minutes (just because I enjoy it!).

It's a start I guess. Once I've made this into a routine, I may add some T-tapp again, but I didn't want to go all out and then be disappointed with myself for not seeing it through!

Anyone want to join me in a Fung daily movement thread?

female, 40 y/o, 5'10"

My weightloss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...2#post17556452

My 30-day ketogenic cleanse food pics:
https://goo.gl/photos/BempEGLejSXZ3GcF6
Mimosa23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:06 AM   #176
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/203/? 5'4"
WOE: reduced carb,IF
Start Date: Restart 1/1/17
Kwerp, I hope your lump in the throat isn't anything serious.

Foxtail, I think people who have been overweight for a while are that way because they love to eat. So anyone suggesting that they go for a long period of time without eating is going to be public enemy #1. LOL Those of us who have already tried everything else and it didn't work are more willing to try something new.

GME I guess you are saying that podcasts are not available online. I don't think I can do them on my phone. It's not that the phone is not smart, it's that I am not smart. LOL Can I download the app to my Nook? If not, then I guess I'll just stick with what I can get on his website.

If I had started a year ago I would be at goal today.

No one ever leaves the gym regretting the choice to workout.

Last edited by PACarolsue; 07-25-2016 at 09:07 AM..
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:43 AM   #177
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/165/155
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Carol, you can listen to podcasts on your computer as well. You need an app that will play them. Most commonly used is itunes. You probably have that already. You can click on the link that takes you to the podcast you want through the J.M. blog.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
"I resist insulin" Hyperlipid
We are butter together!
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:55 AM   #178
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Today ends week 3. Tomorrow week 4. My challenge this week is date night Weds and traveling out of state this weekend.The good news is I have my fasting in my back pocket to get back to it.

I am super focused to get this chunk off, have stellar lipids and zero possibility for diabetes some day down the road. I have normal blood sugars now but what if! So this is a God send.

I am naturally doing 23:1 - and the inch loss is simply wow!

Cheering you all on to do what works for you......and please, do note that yes there are different ways to fast. If you are all carbed up and want to jump right in,I do think it is harder without having some low carb days in your pocket. For me, if I need to eat during the fast due to real hunger, I drink seltzer water, homemade broth with salt,and if need be, two slices of cheese ( good cheese with no extra ingredients)

Thank you all who shares so much here. Learning a lot!!!!
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:01 AM   #179
Key Tones
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/221/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC 2004, gastric sleeve 9/15, Fung Fasting 3/16
Wow, this thread is hopping!!

I'm just doing a drive by - I got too much enjoyment out of posting my weight loss pictures - I've been eating too much!

Free lunch today at work, and then it is back on!!!!

I am getting people excited about Fung Fasting everywhere I go...

"Obesity is a hypothalamic/hormonal issue. Using calorie-based weapons to fight a hormonal issue is like bringing a snorkel to a bicycle race." --Jason Fung
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:15 AM   #180
Vilya
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 257/257.8/235
WOE: Dr. Fung's IF program, plus LC/HF for T2 diabetes
Start Date: Sept. 2011
So many new Fungsters; great to see you all!

I need to do a 36-hour after the past couple days I've had. I'm tired of feeling bloated and gross.

I had dinner last night at 7:00, so let's see how I do. I purposely did not go grocery shopping this weekend, so that I wouldn't have the excuse of "well, I have to use up the food before it goes bad."

Gonna try to make it until breakfast tomorrow...
12/30/15: Had two years of really bad mental health issues, diabetes out of control, gained back all the weight I lost. Starting over at 257...
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote