Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 07-27-2016, 10:55 AM   #211
Vilya
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 257/257.8/235
WOE: Dr. Fung's IF program, plus LC/HF for T2 diabetes
Start Date: Sept. 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
Hope everyone is having a great week!

I have a question for you Fung pros. My hubs is struggling on the IF. Can anyone tell me, about how many carbs per day are allowed for men? Also how much can he expect to lose per week? He's 6' and about 200 lbs. Any recommendations for any kind of snack during the fasting part? He seems to get headaches from not eating.
The headaches could very well be from dehydration, not enough salt, or both. I would try drinking more water and some salted bone broth, and see if that helps. When I did my 3-day fast, I had to break it early, because I was craving salt so badly and started to feel lightheaded and nauseous. If I ever do a long fast like that again, I'll be sure to have some salted broth on hand.

No snacks during fasting (if following strict Fung-style), but you can have a little broth and few teaspoons of cream in coffee.
12/30/15: Had two years of really bad mental health issues, diabetes out of control, gained back all the weight I lost. Starting over at 257...
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2016, 10:59 AM   #212
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/165/155
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieNell View Post
Cathy, I read Tripping Over the Truth a while back and found it quite interesting. Decided that if I ever had a cancer diagnosis I would use fasting as one of my tools to fight it. I have wondered if fasting might not be a way to avoid cancer. The break from digesting food is supposed to give our bodies time to work on healing, clearing out damaged cells, etc. Who knows?
Autophagy! I think that there is a growing body of evidence that fasting and perhaps a ketogenic diet are good at allowing for this to happen.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
"I resist insulin" Hyperlipid
We are butter together!
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:13 AM   #213
ButterBaconBurgers
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 135/123/121
WOE: LCHF + 2 36 hr. fast per week
Start Date: June 4, 2016
Stevie Renee, yay on the whoosh and meat (steak ... a ribeye!!!!) and champagne sounds fantastic!

Vilya, way to go on that 42 hour fast.

Katie, thank you for the encouragement and understanding ... coffee has been (is) one of my great loves!!!! my mind is playing with ... can i drink coffee in Seattle and come back and not drink it ... see, omg, lol! But even though my sleep hasn't righted itself, I'm starting to feel really good without it! Hmmmm. ANYWAY, it's taken me a long time to get to where I was willing (and able) to do the 36-hour fasts. I knew about Eat Stop Eat years ago and experimented with it back then with out much success. A high carb WOE really messes with my ability to fast. But, honestly, once I tried the longer fast, I found my eating is more manageable. Over time I ended up going nuts with my OMAD and actually gained weight last summer BUT ... OMAD works for MANY, so the hardest thing for me to learn has been what works for some doesn't work for everyone and the beauty of this is there are so many ways to do it. For whatever reason, the longer fasts, are easier for me to eat "normally" when I'm not fasting. I've been reading the 1st Fung thread, up to page 30, woot! and I always love to see your posts.

Hi Foxtail, It's nice to see you! I'm no expert on Fung fasting (only read his blog) so I can't answer those questions but I did use to get headaches when I fasted in the past. Over time, eating on the LCHF/VLC/Keto continuum seems to have FINALLY healed them. I've only had three? headaches this entire year, which for me is amazing. I also drink that warm glass of water w/lemon water in the morning. My fasting headaches always seemed to be kind of a withdrawal from carbs, or caffeine, or sugar ... all three can trigger headaches in me when I stop them or lower my intake.

Complete my 38-hour fast this morning! My blood sugars are improving. 79 this morning. I've been having greek yogurt with almonds a couple of times a week after dinner for the past few weeks, and yes, it makes my blood sugars (insulin?) go up. Not as bad as sugar-y things but still ....
ButterBaconBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:18 AM   #214
ButterBaconBurgers
Senior LCF Member

Mimosa, totally agree with LCHF + IF. LCHF has made all the difference for me. Going to check out your exercise thread.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:49 AM   #215
BirdieNell
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BirdieNell
Stats: 155/133/120
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: December 2011
Katie-Funny you should ask about a colon cleanse! Just yesterday, I went for my first colonoscopy...only about 10 years overdue. The day before the procedure, I had to prep my colon. The prep instructions were: Take 4 dulcolax pills at 12 pm. Take 4 simethicone tablets (for gas) at 2 pm. Split a 14 dose bottle of miralax between two 32 oz bottles of gatorade, any flavor but not red color. Begin drinking the gatorade mix at 3pm and drink 8 oz every 15 minutes until gone. Oh my, it was such a challenge. I detest gatorade but managed to get through the first bottle in about an hour and a half. I drank some of the second one but just could not finish it all. It was most unpleasant and by about 10 pm I was completely empty and felt pretty weak. The next morning, I woke up to a most surprising drop on the scale. Monday I weighed 134, Tuesday 129.6. I thought to myself at least there was one good thing to come from the misery. Sadly, after the whole thing was over and I could eat again, 3 lbs came back by this morning. Good thing was, no polyps, good report, don't have to go back for 10 years.
Colon cleanse not recommended unless really, really necessary!
Old 07-27-2016, 11:54 AM   #216
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Aww Butter <3 Thank you for the sweet words. On youtube you may want to look up "If Ads were honest - Coffee"
Give you a nice chuckle.
I can't do LC right now due to cost reasons (I can't be eating cheeseburgers when I'm feeding every one else beans & rice...I love beans and rice anyways. lol)but I can make smart choices/substitutes that are LC when necessary.
I do LOVE how individual finding our own eating plans are, if we all just went 100% by the book and I couldn't learn from every ones diet ADD (lol), I would never have got this far! I suspect the same for many.

Nell - hugs...that sounds like...not a good time. lol
I was looking at Dr Natura's system...maybe more gentle...lol

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:47 PM   #217
janetaz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janetaz
Stats: 198/189/135 restart 208.5/189/155
WOE: JUDDD/Fung Protocol
Hi everybody!!! I had a question, Katie's post reminded about this topic.

Do you just plan your fasting days or go with hunger? For example, today has been a great day for me to do a total fast (an almost no calorie DD) if I am hungry tomorrow, eat a nice big meal OMAD style and try again with a total fast and rotate that way? It seems that I have been averaging one total fast day a week recently and then OMAD the other days. I have been eating OMAD when I am hungry. It seems like I am mostly hungry LOL

Also, again for Katie with her last post, I try to eat mostly low carb but try to match what my family is eating. If I eat the one meal within 60 minutes (like CAD diet) then that seems to help when I eat higher carbs......OK let's just call it CARBS. My bounces aren't that bad as they were with straight JUDDD and when I was spreading out my calories.

Rereading my post right now, that might be as clear as mud---hope that makes a bit of sense.

Do I program the fasting or just go with the flow of hunger? I am still trying to figure out "real" hunger, that is sad, as an adult, this is definitely a first world problem and I am so embarrassed and ashamed to even post this.
((OK, I don't want to just end the post like this))

Good news, at least, with my lightly salted lemon water in the morning, and more water throughout the day, I think I am finally getting hydrated and my minor headaches are gone. It's been a few weeks since I had a migraine, so excited about that.
janetaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:25 PM   #218
cgwwilson
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cgwwilson
Stats: Highest weight 224. 208/166/128. Ht. 5'5"
WOE: Low Carb with IF (16/8)
Start Date: May 16, 2016
That's wonderful news about the migraines!

Planning my fasting days has also led to letting hunger determine the length of the fast. I originally committed (emotionally) to two 36-40 hours per week and chose Tuesday and Saturday as the easiest days for my personal schedule. ( I do 16/8 - 18/6 the rest of the week.) Twice now in the last month the planned 36 hour fast has turned into a 72 - 90 hour fast - mostly driven by lack of hunger. . .

It IS embarrassing that we have a world wide obesity epidemic in the "Developed Nations" and so much starvation in the Third World Countries. However, I believe that learning to separate true hunger from just having "an itchy mouth" is an important first step towards mindful eating.

Carolyn

Last edited by cgwwilson; 07-27-2016 at 07:28 PM..
cgwwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:05 AM   #219
Mimosa23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 228/177/150
WOE: LCHF/IF
Start Date: IF/LCHF start: June 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
The headaches could very well be from dehydration, not enough salt, or both. I would try drinking more water and some salted bone broth, and see if that helps. When I did my 3-day fast, I had to break it early, because I was craving salt so badly and started to feel lightheaded and nauseous. If I ever do a long fast like that again, I'll be sure to have some salted broth on hand.
This! I find adding some salt to my water really helps with my 42 hour fasts and for my 72 hour fast I had a cup of homemade chicken broth with salt in the evening. Helped tremendously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBaconBurgers View Post
Complete my 38-hour fast this morning! My blood sugars are improving. 79 this morning. I've been having greek yogurt with almonds a couple of times a week after dinner for the past few weeks, and yes, it makes my blood sugars (insulin?) go up. Not as bad as sugar-y things but still ....
BBB, great news about the blood sugar improvement! Yes, for me yoghurt is not great either, and throws me out of ketosis. I have replaced yoghurt with creme fraiche and all is well again!

Quote:
Colon cleanse not recommended unless really, really necessary!
LOL! I always thought I should try it one day, but something has kept me from doing so... LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetaz View Post
Do you just plan your fasting days or go with hunger?
Do I program the fasting or just go with the flow of hunger? I am still trying to figure out "real" hunger, that is sad, as an adult, this is definitely a first world problem and I am so embarrassed and ashamed to even post this.
((OK, I don't want to just end the post like this))

Good news, at least, with my lightly salted lemon water in the morning, and more water throughout the day, I think I am finally getting hydrated and my minor headaches are gone. It's been a few weeks since I had a migraine, so excited about that.
I am a planner, i.e. a control freak, so I like having set days for my fasting. I am now in the routine of doing a 42 hour fast twice a week. I do make sure I have a good (read: nutritious) meal for my last meal before the fast. This helps with hunger. Right now, it works for me, but I am definitely open to changing this if it stops working or I don't feel well doing it anymore. I wanted to do another 72 hour fast, but I don't feel like it at the moment, and with the results I'm getting doing my two 42 hour fasts, I guess it's not necessary either.

Glad that the salt and lemon have helped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgwwilson View Post
It IS embarrassing that we have a world wide obesity epidemic in the "Developed Nations" and so much starvation in the Third World Countries. However, I believe that learning to separate true hunger from just having "an itchy mouth" is an important first step towards mindful eating.

Carolyn
I agree!
I think it also has to do with that in developed nations big food and big pharma have huge starring roles to play in the manipulation of what we eat and which tablets we swallow, which contribute to our problems with obesity.

I am fasting 42 hours today, so after dinner yesterday it's nil by chewing (can't say nil by mouth, because I am still drinking tea, coffee and water, LOL) until 1:30 PM lunchtime tomorrow.

female, 41 y/o, 5'10"

My 30-day ketogenic cleanse food pics:
https://goo.gl/photos/BempEGLejSXZ3GcF6
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:35 AM   #220
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: LC/IF/JUDDD
Start Date: Which time?
It's an odd thing to see some definite changes in the mirror when I'm buck nekkid yet the clothes don't feel necessarily any better. What's up with that? I'm so hoping when I weigh in on Saturday a couple more pounds have slid off.

I'm doing 18/6 each day and am finding although I can get quite hungry sometimes, when my window opens I don't eat a lot during that time. I do have a couple of luscious BPC's and that probably helps. Last night I almost had no appetite for dinner.

I'm liking this and love not counting calories.

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 05:24 AM   #221
kwerp
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/138/120
WOE: ADF
Vanilla, that sounds great. I'm tempted to try to get to a 18/6 window as I transition to better low carb/ NK.

Yesterday was sidetracked by pizza. Today my boss brought in my favorite donuts. I'm trying though!
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:48 AM   #222
Vilya
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 257/257.8/235
WOE: Dr. Fung's IF program, plus LC/HF for T2 diabetes
Start Date: Sept. 2011
There are 15 meals in a 5-day workweek, and I think this week so far I'm at 5? That seems so funny to me! I never would have thought...

There is a box of doughnuts in the cubicle right behind me, like 4 feet away. However, I had 2 hardboiled eggs and some salami/cheese rollups this morning, so I am resisting!

My friend is bringing me some fresh cantaloupe from her farm today, so I'm going to hold out for that.
12/30/15: Had two years of really bad mental health issues, diabetes out of control, gained back all the weight I lost. Starting over at 257...
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:15 AM   #223
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was up 6 pounds this morning. lol
My stomach appears smaller though. Who knows!

117 pounds total
Old 07-28-2016, 11:03 AM   #224
Key Tones
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/221/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC 2004, gastric sleeve 9/15, Fung Fasting 3/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
Autophagy! I think that there is a growing body of evidence that fasting and perhaps a ketogenic diet are good at allowing for this to happen.
This is such a great side-benefit. I think if weight loss is happening, autophagy is also happening with the fasting.

"Obesity is a hypothalamic/hormonal issue. Using calorie-based weapons to fight a hormonal issue is like bringing a snorkel to a bicycle race." --Jason Fung
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:04 AM   #225
Key Tones
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/221/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC 2004, gastric sleeve 9/15, Fung Fasting 3/16
Whoo-hoo!!! A caterer left half&half behind. I'm getting really good coffee today!

"Obesity is a hypothalamic/hormonal issue. Using calorie-based weapons to fight a hormonal issue is like bringing a snorkel to a bicycle race." --Jason Fung
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:46 PM   #226
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I decided to eat lunch today. I made it hearty and filling. After this, chia seeds & broth for me tonight.

117 pounds total
Old 07-28-2016, 04:43 PM   #227
sarahatl
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sarahatl
WOE: No Flour No Sugar
Start Date: May 2013
Hi All: I have been following this thread and find it fascinating. Especially the results for diabetes and possible Alzheimers prevention- since both run in my family. Do you recommend starting the 18/6 window to start? I have always snacked (nuts, yogurt mostly) because I was under impression that was helping keep my blood sugar level. I dont know what to believe but I would like to try this. Anyhow with the 18/6 can you drink the coffee with cream during the 18 part or is having that cream (do you recommend 1/2 and 1/2 or full cream) considered food? Thanks so much!
sarahatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:02 PM   #228
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Sarah
I will let the experts weight in. I just plod along doing my own thing most the time. Mostly 18 hour fasts lately...
Today I ate my lunch and its 10pm and nothing else so far. Pretty happy about that.

117 pounds total
Old 07-28-2016, 10:59 PM   #229
cgwwilson
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cgwwilson
Stats: Highest weight 224. 208/166/128. Ht. 5'5"
WOE: Low Carb with IF (16/8)
Start Date: May 16, 2016
Hi Sarah,

16/8 or 18/6 are both good. It's very easy to start with 16/8 and then extend the fasting period as your appetite (or lack thereof) dictates. Either one is quite flexible as you can vary the time your eating window starts to accommodate your day to day schedule . If you want to have breakfast with someone then simply stop eating in mid-afternoon the day before. If you're planning on a later dinner then go the opposite direction and push your lunch back a few hours. I think you'll be surprised and pleased with how easy IF is, especially if you're already eating low carb.

Since half and half has more protein and carbs than heavy cream it's not the best choice of the two if you are trying to keep insulin levels low. You can drink coffee with cream (or half and half) or BPC (Bullet Proof Coffee = coffee with butter and/or coconut oil whipped together in a blender) during the fasting period.

Frequent snacking will raise your insulin levels even while they seem to keep your blood sugar more stable. Unfortunately those constant spikes in insulin are what lead to Metabolic Syndrome, Obesity, Diabetes, etc. for so very many people.

Carolyn

Last edited by cgwwilson; 07-28-2016 at 11:02 PM..
cgwwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 12:08 AM   #230
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I ended up eating again. Today was just a 2mad, and I'm ok with that. Chugging water.

117 pounds total
Old 07-29-2016, 04:54 AM   #231
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: LC/IF/JUDDD
Start Date: Which time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
Vanilla, that sounds great. I'm tempted to try to get to a 18/6 window as I transition to better low carb/ NK.

Yesterday was sidetracked by pizza. Today my boss brought in my favorite donuts. I'm trying though!
Thanks, kwerp. It's working well and next week may try pushing it back to 19/5, which is pretty much Fast 5. I've done very well sticking to lc/keto, but I will have the occasional carb, but try my best to limit it to just a wee bit on the weekend. Donuts - man I could dive head first into a dozen of glazed if allowed!

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 05:30 AM   #232
janetaz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janetaz
Stats: 198/189/135 restart 208.5/189/155
WOE: JUDDD/Fung Protocol
Good morning! Welcome Sarah! There are so many examples of eating windows and I wanted to give an example of what happened when I changed mine this week.

I mostly do one meal a day, within 60 minutes (like CAD diet) sometimes it's lunch, sometimes dinner. Occasionally I will have a day where I eat two or more meals, I have tried to cut back on snacking completely.

Yesterday I weighed in at 189.6 (!!! for me! it's been awhile since I have been there) Yesterday I ate a great breakfast that I thought would be my only meal, it was an omelet, yogurt, two apples and sunbutter (sunflower butter). Some relatives came into town, went to my Mom's house and I ate again about 8 1/2 hours later. I didn't eat a lot but it was maybe moderate carb. I even ate two fruit popsicles when I came home.

I didn't want to weigh in this morning, because I thought the bounce would be super high with extra food and evening popsicles. I weighed in this morning at 190.2 (!?!?)

I am so excited that my weight didn't bounce up two to three pounds (like it can). Has anyone else had this experience? I am still loosely combining JUDDD and Fung fasting together with eating once a day (CAD style). I might throw in a few days where I eat twice, but I think I will space the meals over eight hours like yesterday.
janetaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:11 AM   #233
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Week 4. We had a lovely date night and I did not do a full fast yesterday but did eat low carb. I am back to my 23:1 fasting even with travel plans. Keeping the course!

I am part of a private group on FB and some people are doing two meals and stop eating by 3:00 pm every day and losing a half a pound per day on average. Does anyone do this type of eating?

Welcome to new comers....best to you!

Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 10:14 AM   #234
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Stevie, Great ideas...

Eating early in the day never works for me because of the busy household. I always eat at night or evening.
Yesterday I ate at noon, and before bed at 10 I was hungry and ate again.
I wish I could eat until 3pm and stop!
Today I am going to aim for 7pm..Going to try really, really hard. Late enough it should carry me until bed time.
Midnight munching is my issue. :/ I love to eat when the kids are asleep..lol

117 pounds total
Old 07-29-2016, 10:36 AM   #235
beachguy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: beachguy
Stats: 282/234/220
WOE: Fasting/Limited Saturated Fat
Start Date: Restarted May, 2016
Quote:
Cathy, I read Tripping Over the Truth a while back and found it quite interesting. Decided that if I ever had a cancer diagnosis I would use fasting as one of my tools to fight it. I have wondered if fasting might not be a way to avoid cancer. The break from digesting food is supposed to give our bodies time to work on healing, clearing out damaged cells, etc. Who knows?
I don't remember which video it is, but I remember watching a video with a doctor who recommended a fast (I can't remember length but think it was 5 days) once a year as a preventative measure for cancer.

Fat is Cool
beachguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 10:59 AM   #236
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/100-108
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachguy View Post
I don't remember which video it is, but I remember watching a video with a doctor who recommended a fast (I can't remember length but think it was 5 days) once a year as a preventative measure for cancer.
That's Longo - it's the Fast Mimicking Diet (FMD) that my husband did a month or so ago and that finally convinced him that he could exist on small quantities of food for several days.

From there, he's now transitioned easily to zero calorie fast days (or DD in JUDDD terms) after years of eating on his DDs.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 11:54 AM   #237
beachguy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: beachguy
Stats: 282/234/220
WOE: Fasting/Limited Saturated Fat
Start Date: Restarted May, 2016
Blood glucose has to get down into the 55-70 range to be effective at fighting cancer according to Thomas Seyfried, who is considered the expert on glucose and cancer. I was able to get into the 60's, but it took months to get there. I wasn't fasting, but eating low calorie, low carb, high fat. You have to limit calories as well as glucose or your body uses the extra calories to make fuels the cancer can use. It may be necessary to restrict proteins as well.

Fat is Cool

Last edited by beachguy; 07-29-2016 at 11:57 AM..
beachguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 06:43 AM   #238
Stevie Renee
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
Hi Stevie, Great ideas...

Eating early in the day never works for me because of the busy household. I always eat at night or evening.
Yesterday I ate at noon, and before bed at 10 I was hungry and ate again.
I wish I could eat until 3pm and stop!
Today I am going to aim for 7pm..Going to try really, really hard. Late enough it should carry me until bed time.
Midnight munching is my issue. :/ I love to eat when the kids are asleep..lol
I understand Katie! I am going to start this type of eating next week and see how I do, I have all ready been ending at 4:30 so maybe it will be an easier transition. Worse case is it is not manageable and I go back to an early dinner.

Best to all
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:11 AM   #239
susan46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susan46
WOE: High fat, low carb, moderate protein
Start Date: April 2016
19:5 plus low carb seems to have worked this week because I lost two and a half pounds (finally).

Also, no hunger.

Eating early in the day doesn't work for me either; then I need three meals instead of two and just feel hungrier all day.
susan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 11:38 AM   #240
ButterBaconBurgers
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
On youtube you may want to look up "If Ads were honest - Coffee"
Give you a nice chuckle.
I can't do LC right now due to cost reasons (I can't be eating cheeseburgers when I'm feeding every one else beans & rice...I love beans and rice anyways. lol)but I can make smart choices/substitutes that are LC when necessary.
I do LOVE how individual finding our own eating plans are, if we all just went 100% by the book and I couldn't learn from every ones diet ADD (lol), I would never have got this far! I suspect the same for many.
Katie, I watched the video and it did give me a chuckle! But that was because it's been almost three weeks since I've had a cup. If I'd watched it while I was still drinking it, I'd probably not found it so funny, lol!

I have been all over the place through the years with food. It's only me & my husband at home, so I hear you. If I recall you have 5 little ones? The fasting helps regardless.

And I'm so totally with you on the freedom on this thread! When I discovered it, what a breath of fresh air. I think Fung's attitude helps. He's pretty pragmatic, and helpful, without being rigid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetaz View Post
Do you just plan your fasting days or go with hunger?

Also, again for Katie with her last post, I try to eat mostly low carb but try to match what my family is eating.

Jane, I plan my fasts. Since there's two of us and we're both fasting right now, it just helps. I've gotten better in the past few years about estimating my meal size etc. but when I started fasting in June, I had to recalibrate everything.

I stick to LCHF predominantly, but if I'm out or eating socially, I don't sweat eating some carbs. Although for now I'm off sugar/all and any sweeteners/ and fruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgwwilson View Post
Twice now in the last month the planned 36 hour fast has turned into a 72 - 90 hour fast - mostly driven by lack of hunger. . .
Carolyn
Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
I have replaced yoghurt with creme fraiche and all is well again!
Creme fraiche? I've never tried that, how do you eat it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
It's an odd thing to see some definite changes in the mirror when I'm buck nekkid yet the clothes don't feel necessarily any better. What's up with that?
The body just really seems to shift around fat and muscle eating this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
There are 15 meals in a 5-day workweek, and I think this week so far I'm at 5? That seems so funny to me! I never would have thought...
Yay!

Hi, Sarah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachguy View Post
Blood glucose has to get down into the 55-70 range to be effective at fighting cancer according to Thomas Seyfried, who is considered the expert on glucose and cancer. I was able to get into the 60's, but it took months to get there. I wasn't fasting, but eating low calorie, low carb, high fat. You have to limit calories as well as glucose or your body uses the extra calories to make fuels the cancer can use. It may be necessary to restrict proteins as well.
Wow, I had no idea. This is great info, thanks for sharing. I can see it could take a long time to get FBG that low.

Will fast tomorrow, so I've been enjoying me eating days

Thanks to everyone for being here. This group so supportive and helpful!