Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-05-2017, 05:05 PM   #331
julieboolie
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/155.4/158lbs
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hi gracie! Good to see you! Sorry you're up but you'll do well I'm sure! I'm for keeping this thread going .

Shari-LC is good, especially with support. It's always nice to do it together! Hope things go well for you too!

Deb-almost through that first week-the best week on hcg imho! Kutgw! And thanks, I am so in love with her!

I'm wrapping up day 3 of LC and adjusting well . I've decided to do LC most of the time, but on days when I have a special event I'll shoot for CAD approach instead, and if I'm feeling weak willed, icky and depleted I will throw in a carb nite too . New gym opens the 12th, yay! Walking a bit but not much else right now . Miss feeling strong and tight! Reday to lift!

Kutgw group!!

Daily updates in my journal.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...7#post17405637
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2017, 08:00 AM   #332
Gracie514
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gracie514
Happy Friday! It's freezing here in Pittsburgh. Kids had a two hour delay which was good. Today is Ricky's senior pictures for superlative winners for the yearbook. I can't believe he's a senior!!! He was voted Best Dressed and also Most Addicted to his Phone. LOL I guess the first one is good right? He is being recruited for football by 8 schools and we are just getting in the financial information on some of them. Sheesh is it expensive even with academic and athletic scholarships. One school is $46k per year and with his scholarships and $5500 grant we have it down to about $20K per year. Still a lot of freaking money though!!! Looks like I'll need a second job soon!

Julie ~ Baby Z is absolutely adorable! How old is she? My sister adopted a baby girl in October. She was born on 9/30 and is just the sweetest thing ever. Her baptism is next Sunday and my son Ricky is her godfather Great job as always getting back to your WOE.

Shari ~ Best of luck with LC!!! You always do very well on it. I couldn't muster up the courage to do hcg right now with everything I have coming up. I have a bday party this weekend, baptism the week after, hubs bday, baby shower, playoff Steeler parties, and Super Bowl/Gracie's bday party!!! No way in hell I could pull off hcg during all of that. My willpower isn't that good! LOL Maybe after the Super Bowl I will do a short round.

Deb ~ Great losses so far!!! That's what I will miss is those huge first week losses. How's that grandson of yours? I bet he was so much fun at Christmas.

Hi Izzy How's it going?

AFM ~ My first down day was pretty hard. I wanted to eat I'm tracking on *** and my total calories yesterday were 720. Not under the 500 but it's a good start. My scale is totally messed up. I got readings from 212.6 to 223.6 so who knows. I will try to get new one this weekend. I have some Kohls cash so I will look there first. My scale is pretty old but might just need a new battery too. Today I get 2089 glorious calories So far I've had 400 for breakfast - coffee/cream, fiber one lemon square, and a low calorie breakfast sandwich. My tummy is happy! I didn't get any exercise in yesterday. I had to go grocery shopping and pay some bills and then just felt lazy and didn't want to do it. Today I will force myself I know I feel so much better when I exercise

Everyone stay warm and have a great day!!!
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:51 AM   #333
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 207.2/204/155 (5'7") age 59
WOE: LC
Start Date: 2/25/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi Izzy How's it going?

!
Hi Gracie! I'm going to have to increase my dosage on the prednisone after my allergist appointment next week. My pain is increasing again. My face looks like the moon. LOL So, I'm still not in reset mode, but hanging out at this site. I don't know what it will take to get motivated again. I think I'm pretty depressed, but that happens anyway with the winter. I made an impulse buy at S. club last weekend. It was a fitness tracker with a high tech scale that is supposed to measure skeletal muscle etc. Since I don't work out I thought I could track my sleep. Everything is still in the box. I should probably return it. LOL
Good going on your reset and committing to exercise today. You Go Girl!

Last edited by Izzysdream; 01-06-2017 at 09:53 AM..
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:35 PM   #334
julieboolie

Izzy- on the pain and steroids. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Gracie-baby Z was born 10/2-so they're close in age. Such a fun season in life! Enjoy your niece! Babies are such a blessing!

Enjoyed an indulgent day...not worried or in a huge rush, but still getting back on track tomorrow.

Take care ladies!

Old 01-08-2017, 05:35 AM   #335
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/187/169-mini goal
WOE: low carb-Atkins '72
Start Date: restart- 8/9/16
Izzy~ I too hope you feel better. I can't imagine having pain such as yours daily, probably a huge factor in your depression right now. I hope the increased dosage will help.

Julie~ you're enjoying life, no worries.

Gracie~ WOW, Ricky's now a senior?! Congrats on the scholarships! Yes, the cost of college schools are ridiculous, I hope you are able to find a good match for him and get enough money to mange the extra expense. Too cute on his senior superlatives It seems your scale is not accurate with all the different readings, I hope the new scale shows wonderful results.

Deb~ I hope you're feeling better. How's your grandson?

I'm still doing low carb with G. So far, he's doing well. I'm not weighing because low carb losses are soooo slow, especially harder to look at slower losses after I was staring to drop larger numbers doing hhcg, and I don't want to become discouraged. G has also joined a gym, but I want to take an exercise class to start. I'm still looking...I'd love to do Zumba and/or yoga.
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:13 PM   #336
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Well I am still sick! I am not happy about this...... So I am still going on, but just not feeling well at all..........disappointed!!!

I will get healed up and figure my path. I am not worried because this is my year, I just need to be healthy and not need cough drops and pain meds to sleep! Crazy!

Izzy I definitely feel for you too, it is so hard to stick to any plan when you feel GOOD, it is almost impossible when you are not feeling well at all. I hope you feel better very soon!!

Gracie good to see you back working at it with us! Your son is a senior, it does not seem possible!! Doing JUDDD is tough, so good luck!!!

Julie, I am happy that you are taking such good care of your girls. Little Z only has you as a "mother figure" at this point, and man it will be tough if she is placed with family after all these months. I am not sure what I would do, but I know when you got into this, you knew what to expect. Good luck with your eating plans!!

Shari, happy G is doing so well! Sure makes it easier to do with someone else. I wish I could do LC, but I have found the last 5 or 6 times I have tried, I get the worst stomach aches and pain I have ever felt. It is not the Gallbladder but right in my stomach/intestines. I don't know why and I end
up having to take pain meds several times a day.

I was doing a search on stomach pain and Low Carb and found several others have the same problem. Baffles me.

My Grandson is doing awesome! He goes to daycare now, and loves playing with other kids. He is a happy, healthy, well adjusted kiddo and I could not be happier about that!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aiden.jpg (21.4 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-09-2017, 11:42 AM   #337
Gracie514
Major LCF Poster!

Izzy ~ Hope you are feeling better! Did you have an allergic reaction to something?

Shari ~ I can't believe he's a senior either. Makes me so sad that he will be going away to college in the fall. My heart hurts! I will miss him so much. Hope you are having a great low carb day!

Deb ~ Sorry you're sick too! My DH threw up last night. I get so nervous I'm going to get it too. He went to work today so he must feel better. Your grandson is so cute!

Julie ~ You looked great in the last FB post! Great job

AFM ~ I did good over the weekend. I had UD Friday and Sunday though which makes things easier. I'm going to have to switch it up this weekend though because Isabelle's baptism is Sunday as well as the Steeler game. I need Sunday to be an UD. I will do a DD on Friday and maybe a MD on Saturday. Weekends are rough for sure! Saturday I had 470 calories which is pretty good. Today is a DD and I've had coffee and 3 bottles of water. I'm making some hot tea now. Not sure what dinner is going to be but it will be under 500 calories.

I bought a new scale so I will keep a record with that one as well as my old one. I forgot to get a battery for the old one. I hid my new one so my kids don't break it Goal for January 215 since the new scale is reading the higher number. I think I'm only going to weigh after DD's and maybe only once a week. Weighing after an UD is a definite NO NO because the scale jumps up.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!! It's freezing here. Tonight my only plans are to sit under a blanket with a nice fire watching the college football champship.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:06 AM   #338
julieboolie

Good to see you guys here and posting!!

Gracie-I think juddd is perffornyour lifestyle, your u can move it around and still live well. Hope the new scale is kind to you .

Deb-he's so cute! And looks so grown up! Love the boots in that photo! It's funny, I was just going to comment that my stomach has been wonky the last few days and I was wondering if it was LC. hmmm. My weight is also up, despite eating low carb and low calories. I vaguely recall stopping LC last year because I was gaining, but I blamed that on my thyroid. Hmmm....

Shari-how are you enjoying LC? If it's working, stick with it! I enjoy eating that way, but like I mentioned above it really doesn't work for me anymore .

Izzy-hope you're feeling better and doing well!

I'm doing well. Dd(16) got hit yesterday, minor fender bender, but her first, so she was shaken up. I'll get to run around to the auto body place for an estimate then take it in again...blah, blah, blah. I'm just thankful she was ok!

Z is doing great! She's just the sweetest little girl . Mom missed her visit again today, I'm meeting with the case workers tomorrow and we'll get an update on progress.

Not much else excitement to share. I'm going to go back to a more balanced eating approach with a heavy protein focus. LC isn't working and I'd really like to lose some weight as I'm only eating about 1200cals a day. I deserve some weight loss at that level! .

Have a good day all!

Old 01-10-2017, 10:51 AM   #339
Gracie514
Major LCF Poster!

Julie ~ So far, so good with JUDDD. I just have to watch that I don't start bingeing on UD's because I know the next day is low calorie. I have to remember that I get to eat a lot every other day! With Baby Z, is there a chance of you adopting her? I know my sister got Isabelle from the foster parents when she was 4 weeks old. They fostered many times before Izzy too.

Today is a glorious UD I had coffee/cream/sugar (yes, 3 tsp of real sugar), grilled chicken tenders with red sauce and mozzarella cheese, one fiber one chocolate brownie, one peanut butter granola bar. Not sure what dinner will bring. I read that Splenda caused bloating and I had been having some bad issues with stomach bloating. I'm going to cut it out and see if it helps. I don't have any Stevia on hand so I just used regular sugar this morning.

Yesterday's DD went pretty good. I had coffee/cream/equal for breakfast and then fasted until dinner. I made stuffed green peppers so I had one big one then later I had a 90 calorie lemon fiber one square. I was under 500. I will weigh in after my next DD. That will be 4 under my belt after Thursday. Weekend is gonna still be tricky...It's hard to just switch up the days without being hungry on that medium day. And I don't want to do two UD's or DD's in a row. I shall do my best!!!

Have a great day ladies
Old 01-11-2017, 03:34 AM   #340
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Deb~Oh he is so cute, and getting big!! As we know, time moves too fast for our babies (I'm still recovering about Ricky being a senior, LOL). I hope you feel better! The stomach aches with LC is not good, wow! Are you still doing hcg or taking a break to recover? It's so hard to just rest

Julie~ calorie counting is effective too for weight loss, so far you seem to be doing pretty well and look great! I really love your updates about Z; what a blessing she is to you all and vice versa. So glad to read that your daughter is okay, I'm sure she was shaken up pretty bad.

Izzy~ how are you doing? Hopefully you're feeling better (?).

G was doing well, then he broke down and had a high, carby meal yesterday after being out longer than expected for work and didn't have lunch. I just don't know if LC is for him as it seems he really wants to do it, but the cravings get him. I certainly can't judge, I've been doing it many, many years and still cave knowing better! However, it has helped him with sugar...he hasn't had any in several days---that's stellar for him! I'm still doing low carb too, but not seeing any changes yet in my clothes (I haven't weighed). I agree Julie, it sucks that it doesn't work like before. I feel the best on low carb and like that I don't have to calorie count which is why I keep going back but for weight loss? I'll keep plugging away, anyway....
Old 01-11-2017, 05:32 AM   #341
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Shari, yes he is getting bigger every day!! So smart too.. those boots look humongous in that picture!! He is 17 months old this month and knows so many new words. He is going to daycare and loves playing with other kids...... so far so good!!!

I am still dosing and eating very low calorie, just not able to keep it to low carb because of those ridiculous stomach pains. I have NO IDEA WHY!!!! I just know when I eat mainly meat, I can't handle the pain. If I add some carbs, I am ok. Crazy but it seems to have happened to others as well! Still sick, not weighing in yet.

Sorry things get hard for G, but I sure understand!! Keep up the good work girls!!
Old 01-11-2017, 05:41 AM   #342
Gracie514
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies. At least it's hump day! Today is a DD so I just had some coffee and I will fast as long as I can. I need a plan for dinner. If I don't plan something I will eat in a frenzy I may just grab Wendy's chili. It will be under my calories and it's filling.

My UD was good. It's weird I have trouble figuring out what I actually want to eat. When you can eat anything you want, all of a sudden you don't want anything

Shari ~ G will get back on track. One slip up will be fine. Plus men lose so much quicker than women. I have trouble with low-carb - I love the food but I start getting horrible sugar cravings and can't figure out what to eat. And I don't have time to bake or make those sweet sugar free treats. I guess there's always Atkins or Quest bars though...

Deb ~ There's a stomach virus going around here too. I keep seeing people posting it on FB. My DH threw up on Sunday but he's been fine since. Hope you get to feeling better!

Julie and Izzy ~
Old 01-11-2017, 07:33 AM   #343
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies! So happy to see this thread so busy! I've been having headaches (not real bad) for over a week and it has me a bit freaked. I saw the brain surgeon at Barnes hospital on December 30th. He recommended the pipeline flex for my brain aneurysm behind my right eye. The problem is that I am allergic to nickel a component of the pipeline. He did say my artery isn't bad like the brain surgeon at St. Louis University told me this winter (he wanted to do a bypass). The Barnes doctor didn't seem to think that the allergy would be a problem (the manufacturer says not to use the device in patients with allergies to any of the metals) that in itself bothered me. So I am square one again. I changed insurance in December (for the third time) to see this doctor. I get my insurance through the affordable care act since my job doesn't provide it.
Gracie - I developed muscle pain in August after being on low carb 3 weeks and losing 11 pounds. By the end of the 3 weeks I had debilitating pain. I quit the diet thinking it was gout related. Spent over a month thinking I had fibromyalgia, but diagnosed on November 4th with polymyalgia rheumatica and started taking prednisone (which alleviated the pain). Dieting can release the toxins stored in fat and I had had 5 procedures with radioactive contrast within a year. Could that have been it? I also had a weird allergic reaction in July to something in the air at work when they switched out the ac ducts. I also had a back molar break in half, what is left is mostly amalgam which of some I swallowed this summer - mercury exposure every time I bite down because it's sharp (need to have it pulled). I'm really toxic to say the least. LOL
I'm going to see a functional medicine doctor tomorrow and seeing about the best way to detox my body (they do chelation in office). Hopefully this is a right step in the direction of my health. Maybe I can take certain supplements which losing weight not to "re poison" myself.
What sucks is that it took two years to get motivated to get back on low carb in August, if I hadn't been side tracked by the extreme pain I probably would be close to goal weight by now....which would have helped all of my health problems...shoulda woulda coulda

Last edited by Izzysdream; 01-11-2017 at 07:48 AM..
Old 01-11-2017, 02:52 PM   #344
julieboolie

Izzy-so sorry about the headaches! Scary about the procedure they're suggesting, hope it's not needed. Hope your pain stays at bay and youre able to feel well and live life for a while! You poor thing!

Gracie-we're very open to adopting Z. We have some possible other possible kinship placements we'll need to work through, but it is a possibility. Foster care has so many emotions and changing circumstances that keep you on edge!
Juddd is a good plan, but I started getting into a binge pattern which scared me. Hoping you're able to keep doing well and get to your goals!

Shari-have you considered CAD.? G might do well with it, you get one carb balanced meal a day which is good. Finding what works is my challenge right now...not sure if it's the meal plans or my body? If you find what works, run with it!

Good job Deb! You're in the groove and getting it done! Go girl!!

I'm back to more carbs and lowered cals. I'm doing gentle rotations (no 500 cal days) and the gym opens tomorrow! I need to lift!

Hope you're all doing well. I'm not super motivated, but hope itll come back to Me?

Old 01-12-2017, 03:59 AM   #345
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday Eve!!

Izzy~ Wow!! I had no idea so much has happened to you. I hope you're able to get the best treatment method that will not make the situation worse and can help alleviate the pain. I can see why you feel depressed sometimes. You're doing the right thing, weighing all your options and getting all the information you need to make the best informed decision. Just know you can always come her and vent or express your feelings all you want; that's so important too for your mental health wellbeing.

Julie~ I will look more into CAD for him. I keep meaning to do this daily, but the day gets lost running around so much. He mentioned yesterday what worked in the past was not eating after a certain time (4 or 5pm), something like fasting for the evening and early morning (he's not a real breakfast eater). Maybe JUDDD?? I'm thinking of what I can do with him so that we can support each other. We're discussing more and more the need to get in better health.

Gracie~ oh Wendy's chili was a lifesaver when doing JUDDD in the past. You seem to be really doing well! Hope the stomach bug stay away from you and other family...you have quite a bit of social activities coming up (I'm ignoring you all celebrating the Steelers---I still love you anyway--I'm just bitter the Ravens have been a total let down ).

Deb~ I hope you feel better, kudos to you for still soldiering on with hcg while sick, WOW!

ETA: I mentioned yesterday that my clothes seem to fit the same. Well I put on a pair of pants I haven't worn in about 3 weeks or so to work. I was not as snug, so maybe there's hope that LC is working at least in inch loss...

Last edited by shari; 01-12-2017 at 04:02 AM..
Old 01-12-2017, 04:49 AM   #346
Let's Do This
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Let's Do This
Stats: 152.6/146/137
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: January 1, 2017
Feeling a little lost

Hello All. I'm new here - I joined about a week ago. I'm kind of confused about where to post what. I'm trying what I think is Nutritional Ketosis, and have been in ketosis for at least a week, according to the keto test strips. I'm on day 10 of induction. I've lost 7 pounds, and very happy about it! I've kind of stalled for the past 4 days though, and I'm feeling a little discouraged. I want the induction miracle to continue!!
I came to this "Reset Button" thread because I've lost count (years ago) of how many times I've dieted. But this is the first time I've seriously attempted low carb eating. I'm 60 years old, and 5' 5". I started on January 2nd at 153, and I'm now at 146. My goal is 137. I was exercising regularly before the holidays, doing Nautilus and aerobic exercise, and was feeling good - noticing that I felt stronger and more energetic. Then I got sick, and was diagnosed with pneumonia on January 1st, and it turns out I'm also anemic. (!) So I'm a little concerned about losing ground with the exercise. I feel it's really important, especially at my age, to exercise to maintain muscle mass, balance, energy, etc.
I'm wondering if this is the best thread for me to seek guidance and support? Although I'm a little frustrated with the "stall", I'm committed to sticking with this. And I'm REALLY curious about the mental clarity that some people seem to gain from this way of eating. Does anyone have a success story about that benefit??
Let's Do This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:54 AM   #347
Gracie514
Major LCF Poster!

Yay! Friday Eve

Shari ~ Go Steelers!!! LOL The last Ravens game was a nail biter for sure!!! We watched it Christmas day in Daytona Beach at a sports bar. The whole place was going crazy. I thought for sure we were done. We have KC this week so it's not gonna be easy. Then pretty sure we will end up facing the Patriots at their place. We'll have to make sure Tom Brady didn't touch any balls this year Loose clothes is definitely a great NSV!

Julie ~ Fostering is such a wonderful thing to do. I hope it all works out for you. Good luck with your new plan. You already look great to me.

Izzy ~ Sheesh what a crazy story. Just started pain out of nowhere? Very scary! I hope they can figure this out for you. Let us know how it's going.

Deb ~ Hope you're feeling better

So for me, it's an UD. I had coffee/cream for breakfast, raisin bran and a banana for lunch, and a snack of 4 pieces of chocolate/hazelnut thingys. Yesterday's DD was painless. I had coffee then fasted until about 6:30 pm and then I had a 400 calorie soup and a 90 calorie Fiber One bar. I had a bad tummy ache last night though and couldn't sleep at all. I think my sinuses are draining down into my stomach and causing problems. I'm going to grab some meds today. I will weigh after my next DD because I didn't want to weigh after not sleeping.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:14 PM   #348
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's Do This View Post
I came to this "Reset Button" thread because I've lost count (years ago) of how many times I've dieted. But this is the first time I've seriously attempted low carb eating. I'm 60 years old, and 5' 5". I started on January 2nd at 153, and I'm now at 146. My goal is 137. I was exercising regularly before the holidays, doing Nautilus and aerobic exercise, and was feeling good - noticing that I felt stronger and more energetic. Then I got sick, and was diagnosed with pneumonia on January 1st, and it turns out I'm also anemic. (!) So I'm a little concerned about losing ground with the exercise. I feel it's really important, especially at my age, to exercise to maintain muscle mass, balance, energy, etc.
I'm wondering if this is the best thread for me to seek guidance and support? Although I'm a little frustrated with the "stall", I'm committed to sticking with this. And I'm REALLY curious about the mental clarity that some people seem to gain from this way of eating. Does anyone have a success story about that benefit??
Lets, congratulations on your loss and since you have been sick recently and are close to goal weight loss will probably slow down. Hope others pipe in soon!
Shari - woohoo on your pants fitting better
Gracie - hope you feel better!
Julie - your life is so full right now, motivation will come

Everyone is frantic in town with the prediction of 2 to 4 inches of rain/sleet/snow that is supposed to start tomorrow sometime. Guess I will have to wait in long lines at the grocery store tonight. LOL
Oh yea, doing much better in the headache department. woohoo

Last edited by Izzysdream; 01-12-2017 at 01:16 PM..
Old 01-13-2017, 07:03 AM   #349
shari
Major LCF Poster!

*now can say* Happy Friday AND it's 3-day weekend!!!

LOL, Izzy. We're predicted to have a freezing mixture tomorrow so the grocery stores here with be cah-razy today. I guess what you're getting today is moving to us tomorrow. I'm not daring to step into the parking lot, thankfully we have enough food. Stay safe!

Julie, Deb, and Gracie!

I just have to share. I've been seeing a staff person at my job (but on another team) losing weight, and is seemed to be gradual weight loss. Today I finally was able to speak to her about it as we were riding the elevator up together, and asked her what she was doing. She told me that she had decided last year to not have as a NY's goal 'to lose weight' as she usually does every year. She just worked on portion control, instead of eating a whole plate of food she'll just eat 3/4. She said "I gave up nothing, I still eat my favorite candy bars but will only eat half at a time, I eat what I want" and said she hasn't even exercised in over a year! She said she lost 25lbs naturally (looks like more!) by not focusing on it so much, just focused on eating less and it worked well for her. She said this is the first time it happened and it took so much pressure off of her and not feeling like a failure after she didn't stay on some 'diet plan'. I told her it was just what I needed to hear and that she has inspired me. It's good food for thought as I thought about you all doing other WOE too. Of course, it's not a new concept, but it was good seeing someone in person who made that mental change and it happened.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:37 PM   #350
julieboolie

Shari-love the idea of gradual weight loss with portion control and no stress! I'm dreaming of that happening this year if my thyroid will allow it!! Maybe we could actually do It?

Izzy-stay warm and safe!

Gracie-thanks! Wishing my jeans fit better! But not competely miserable so lacking in motivation. You're off to a great start with juddd and definitely only weigh after a Dd!!

Hi Deb! Hope hcg is continuing to go great!

Holding steady but wishing I were losing...alas, slow and steady, right?

Old 01-14-2017, 05:21 AM   #351
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning all!

Izzy we are in the middle of MO. and were expecting what you guys were, we got nothing! I went to the store also and there was nothing left on the shelves Thursday evening. Crazy! Still nothing this morning and they shut everything down yesterday so a long weekend for me!

Gracie sounds like you and JUDDD are doing well!!! Yay for you!

Julie I have been thinking about you and Z, and hoping for the best outcome for all of you. I am sure things will turn out as they should, but you have been the only MOM she has known and done such a wonderful job! Know how much of a difference you have made in her life... I saw the gym still is not open for you, and I know how much you love to lift, hope it opens soon!!

Shari, That type of eating is exactly what I have always wanted to do. WHY can't I? Can I? The fact that you found someone who is actually doing it with success makes me think it is possible. MENTAL!! I know I would have to mentally just make that decision and put it into real time practice. Sounds perfect to me!

Let's do this.... welcome to the boards....... as you can see we are all over the place with our way of eating plans. We have all been here for years and I believe we have tried every plan known to man/woman.....

Keto works for so many people but I just could not stick to it. MENTAL is what it is for me, because I know it is a great plan. I hope you can find the answers you are looking for, there are so many sub forums on this board with success stories all over!!!

For me, this is day 14 of HCG and I finally weighed. Down 12 pounds and I am ok with that!!! Especially being sick and I still am not well, but doing better. When I am done this week I am going to try that EAT WHAT YOU WANT IN SMALL portions plan........ I have a week to get my mind into how it is possible and then just do it. Thanks Shari for bringing that idea back to us...
Old 01-14-2017, 05:43 AM   #352
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Let's Do This~ I'm so sorry, I meant to you to our small group. Like Deb just said, we're all over the map with our eating plans but fully support anything anyone wants to do. It's about what works for you and can stick.

Deb~ whoo-hooo!!! Congrats on the loss, especially with sticking through it while being sick!! 12lbs is great, you did well thus far, only a few more days to go...you can do it!!

Julie~ rights?! I've done almost every WOE plan there is, but I've never done just straight portion control with every meal. I've done OMAD, JUDDD, calorie counting support sites, etc., but never this. I guess I never felt too confident in myself that I'd be able to do this, but it is just a mental click/change that I'm really considering trying. I do think I'm overeating on LC and with the thyroid situation, any excess calories are not good. Why do I feel scared to try this? I guess because it's such a drastic change for me with my history of binge eating...
Old 01-14-2017, 06:03 AM   #353
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Let's Do This~ I'm so sorry, I meant to you to our small group. Like Deb just said, we're all over the map with our eating plans but fully support anything anyone wants to do. It's about what works for you and can stick.

Deb~ whoo-hooo!!! Congrats on the loss, especially with sticking through it while being sick!! 12lbs is great, you did well thus far, only a few more days to go...you can do it!!

Julie~ rights?! I've done almost every WOE plan there is, but I've never done just straight portion control with every meal. I've done OMAD, JUDDD, calorie counting support sites, etc., but never this. I guess I never felt too confident in myself that I'd be able to do this, but it is just a mental click/change that I'm really considering trying. I do think I'm overeating on LC and with the thyroid situation, any excess calories are not good. Why do I feel scared to try this? I guess because it's such a drastic change for me with my history of binge eating...
This is my feelings also Shari. I feel like I need to be mentally prepared so I am ready to do this. I WANT to do it though!!! Give it some thought, and let go of fear?? easier said than done!!
Old 01-18-2017, 08:17 AM   #354
Gracie514
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Hump Day! Today is an UD for me. Yesterday I decided to try and focus on eating lower carb - not zero but I'm trying to be mindful. I feel so much better when I cut out the white sugar and carbs. Yesterday I had coffee/cream for breakfast and then fasted until around 3:30. I had a few slices of cheese and pepperoni as a snack then for dinner I had ny strip steak, mushrooms, and cheesy broccolli. It was yummy and I felt great this morning. I think all the carbs were making me feel sluggish. So today I will not worry too much about calories but watch my carbs. I may go buy some low carb sweets though so if a craving hits I'm prepared. Maybe some quest or Atkins bars...

My weekend was pretty good. I was able to keep Friday a DD and then Saturday a decent UD. Sunday was the baptism and Steeler game so that day went right to hell Steelers won though wooo hooo! Onto the AFC Championship this Sunday. Sunday is the baby's shower from 1-4 so I will miss some of the first game. I'm sure Sunday will be an UD for sure. I took a peek at the scale and it's slowly but surely going down. I may do an hcg round at some point before spring. I'd like to get closer to onederland!!!

How is everyone? Check in if you can
Old 01-18-2017, 12:20 PM   #355
julieboolie

Quick check in...reading but still not losing. May try a meal replplan...not motivated and too busy to care! I've got trips in may and June and want to be smaller by then... need to get motivated!!

Kutgw girls!

Old 01-19-2017, 03:51 AM   #356
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies! Today is my Friday as I'm off work due to the inauguration events happening around here (--enough said). I've been loosely following low carb, well-participating in eating sweets brought to work the past 2 days is not much of a low carb diet though, is it? Julie and Gracie, I feel ya. I've got a goal to lose 44lbs by my 44th bday (8/8), 44by44 is what I told mom and sis . I'm booked to go on an cruise with them in late September, and wouldn't you think I'd be more motivated to get some weight off because I have really cute clothes I bought when I'd lost weight from hhcg (now 7 years ago!! ) that I'm dying to get back into. It's strictly mental for me now regarding weight loss; I know it, working on it!
Old 01-19-2017, 07:13 AM   #357
julieboolie

Shari-I so get that! I wonder if it's too far away to motivate us? Maybe we need short r term goals? Like -5 by Valentine's Day? That's what I'm going to shoot for!

I'm at 172 today after a light day yesterday. Hoping for 167 by Valentine's Day...which will be a stretch! But I need some kind of deadline!!

Old 01-19-2017, 05:35 PM   #358
kbear31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kbear31
Stats: 307
Start Date: 1/19/2017
Back again!

It's been a long time since I've been here. I am going to do this again since I feel this is the right plan for me. Today was the first day starting over in about 10 years! I can do this! I'm going to do this! I told myself I wasn't going back to the 300's but here I am. I weighed in this morning at 307.6. Yuck!
Old 01-20-2017, 04:06 AM   #359
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Christine, This is the right place to 'reset', it's never too late to start again...that's what most of us do. The goal is to not keep doing this and stick it out long term. You're on track, let's keep going.

Julie~I like your suggestion, working on 5lb increments. I'll set the same goal. You're doing well with all that you're having to balance out right now. The 160's is so close.

I'm off today, but still up early. I wanted to weigh but I'll wait until I've had a better night of sleep.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:51 AM   #360
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear31 View Post
It's been a long time since I've been here. I am going to do this again since I feel this is the right plan for me. Today was the first day starting over in about 10 years! I can do this! I'm going to do this! I told myself I wasn't going back to the 300's but here I am. I weighed in this morning at 307.6. Yuck!
Christine!