Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-19-2016, 09:54 AM   #91
scrappychik
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Re-start 07/25/2016
Thank you for kind words n hugs dear friends ❤️ Very busy days ahead which I suppose is a good thing to help keep me from dwelling but I honestly don't feel like doing a thing Our daughter has casting for Nutcracker all afternoon tomorrow over in Lancaster and we are scheduled to leave for the beach Sunday morning. I haven't packed or prepped any thing.

I will say that I haven't gone off plan. Normally I would run to food for comfort but I am sticking to plan this time! I have to find healthier ways to deal with crises and stress.

223 re-start
1st mini goal 199 3/28

198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190...
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2016, 10:12 AM   #92
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 207.2/204/155 (5'7") age 59
WOE: LC
Start Date: 2/25/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
T

I will say that I haven't gone off plan. Normally I would run to food for comfort but I am sticking to plan this time! I have to find healthier ways to deal with crises and stress.
Old 08-20-2016, 05:34 AM   #93
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/187/169-mini goal
WOE: low carb-Atkins '72
Start Date: restart- 8/9/16
So sorry, Lisa. What a difficult time for you and your family, sending warm hugs and prayers your way. Congrats on remaining on plan despite going through a difficult time.

Izzy~ sleep is so important for weight loss, hope you're able to adjust to new place/move...that stinks. I work for the government as a mental health counselor/case manager. It's draining at times for sure

Julie~ I'll have to give you the name of the app (can't remember now as I type); it's very helpful and tracks the average days of your cycle as you record it monthly. I'm simply amazed as you remind me that you've lost 120lbs and kept it off!

I see if I don't post in the mornings, I usually don't make it back here later in the day to post like I plan to do. Still haven't weighed, clothes seem to fit a bit snugged yesterday although water weight from TOM should be leaving now. I guess I should weigh tomorrow to gauge where I'm at. I have keto strips and they're showing I'm in ketosis...may be eating too much. It's such a yo-yo, this weight loss thing

Last edited by shari; 08-20-2016 at 05:35 AM..
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 06:56 AM   #94
julieboolie
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/155.4/158lbs
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Thank you for kind words n hugs dear friends ❤️ Very busy days ahead which I suppose is a good thing to help keep me from dwelling but I honestly don't feel like doing a thing Our daughter has casting for Nutcracker all afternoon tomorrow over in Lancaster and we are scheduled to leave for the beach Sunday morning. I haven't packed or prepped any thing.

Where do you live? Have we had this conversation before? Forgive me if I've already asked and forgotten? I'm from PA, outside Philly. Our bffs moved out to Lancaster after we moved to AZ 11 years ago, and we used to go down the shore (Ocean City was our favorite) all the time. Your post made me homesick .

izzy!

Shari- on the yo yo! I'm right there with you! I'm still trying to break free of my dependence on the scale for validation of my life. I feel funny if I don't weigh daily, but I know it's not gonna tell me what I want to hear . Did we set a goal weight or anything for our challenge? I set goals, but not sure about an actual weight? Hope you're enjoying your weekend! They're the hardest part for me!!

I'm feeling good. Lifted yesterday and did well, added hack squats which used to intimidate me! . I'm trying to refocus on my overall fitness, rather than a number on the scale. I look pretty good, but will admit my jean shorts were tighter yesterday than they were a month or so ago. . I'm trying not to weigh everyday, as I know there will be fluctuation. I've reintroduced carbs and notice my weight training is much better with them, so I'll stick with this. I'm trying to cycle them, focusing them before and after lifting, and keeping calories lighter on my rest days. Healthy, balanced, strong . Holding steady at 167-168 this week, which isn't where I want to be, but if I can stick around 165 and then get good thyroid help, I'm hopefully it'll eventually start coming off again.

I'm also trying to get out and walk our dogs more. It'll be good for all of us, but they're not great on leash, but hopefully with more practice they'll get better.

Hoping Deb is having a blast!

Take care all!!

Daily updates in my journal.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...7#post17405637
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 04:29 AM   #95
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Julie, you're doing fantastic!! Keep the mindset you have, eventually it'll take over the scale number as you see the inches continue to go down while wearing your skinny jeans. I too hope you find relief with good thyroid help; as you know, it's a true battle if it's unbalanced BTW, you look wonderful on FB!!

Today I'm pushing the button again, ugh. Didn't totally go head first into carb, sugar world, but the little I did knocked me out of ketosis. New start today.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:26 AM   #96
julieboolie

Thanks Shari! I'm trying to not sweat the scale. Such a mental trial though
Yes, resetting is always wise and sometimes a refeed is good to kickstart losses again! You'll be back in ketosis soon!

Scale is up to 170.8 today! I thought I ate pretty well yesterday, and even took the dogs for a walk. I went to a concert last night (Heart, Joan Jett and Cheap Trick!! Good show!) and I was so good! Drank water and didn't eat, well a bite of a friend's popcorn, but was really proud of myself! TOM also arrived so I'm blaming him! but the BF on the scale was lower which is good news, so I'll focus on that!

Gonna walk the dogs again (new for all of us, they're terrible on leash!) and get to lift. Supposed to have coffee with my BFF who just moved, but we were together last night and she is swamped, so I suspect we'll postpone. I'll keep a nice tight range on my calories today and track more carefully and see if that'll help.

Hope you're all doing well!!

Old 08-22-2016, 06:26 AM   #97
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I'm feeling good. Lifted yesterday and did well, added hack squats which used to intimidate me! . I'm trying to refocus on my overall fitness, rather than a number on the scale.
Take care all!!
Woohoo Julie!
Lisa, hope you are relaxing and enjoying your time at the beach!
Shari, sometimes a little slip can get things rocking once you are back on track!

I had a big water whoosh, I used yesterdays weight because I cycled up on carbs yesterday. Will weigh again on Monday. Excited! meeting a musician friend this afternoon at the music store. He's coming into town to pick up something for his bass guitar. We haven't seen each other in almost a year. We will hang out, go to the park because it's beautiful. Im hoping he can show me how to tune my guitar. I bought the Keith Urban 30 songs in 30 days package a few months ago and haven't really touched it. We'll probably go get some extra crispy naked wings at my favorite place in town for dinner.
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:34 AM   #98
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Izzy~ nice!! Congrats on a great whoosh! You really had something to look forward to yesterday, hope it went as well as you planned.

Julie~ ugh, how frustrating! TOM will definitely do that, hopefully some water weight left by now. I when I read about your description of the dogs on a leash. Maybe with time they'll all be trained, plus it's a nice way to add in additional exercise for the day.

Well the scale jumped 3 pounds on the scale, 190, yesterday. No, no, no... I said I'd never go back to 200 again and it's too close to that right now. I'm going to do meat and eggs for a few days to get deeper into ketosis and hopefully get rid of some water weight.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:20 AM   #99
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Izzy~ nice!! Congrats on a great whoosh! You really had something to look forward to yesterday, hope it went as well as you planned.

Julie~ ugh, how frustrating! TOM will definitely do that, hopefully some water weight left by now. I when I read about your description of the dogs on a leash. Maybe with time they'll all be trained, plus it's a nice way to add in additional exercise for the day.

Well the scale jumped 3 pounds on the scale, 190, yesterday. No, no, no... I said I'd never go back to 200 again and it's too close to that right now. I'm going to do meat and eggs for a few days to get deeper into ketosis and hopefully get rid of some water weight.
Thanks Shari, and you can do it!
Wonderful day yesterday, didn't really eat that much and couldn't sleep last night but 3 hours. I have trouble sleeping anyway but in ketosis it seems to be worse. My stick was deep purple this morning. Surprised because I usually have around 50 total carbs a day and I'm inactive. Yesterday, I had 12 cherries (for bowel reasons - the only thing that helps me go! lol) but that was the extent of my carbs, so it was around 15 for the day. I usually skip breakfast and try to take my lunch as late as possible, but today I was hungry and met my friend for breakfast before he left town. Listening to my body.

Last edited by Izzysdream; 08-23-2016 at 06:22 AM..
Old 08-23-2016, 07:00 AM   #100
julieboolie

Izzy-cool on the guitar! Always wanted to learn! Good job on ketosis too!

Shari- I'm literally right there with you, up 3 lbs today!! back to a decade I don't want to be in either. I'm reigning in today and since I'm not lifting, I'm going to lighten my calories and revisit my old friend self control. hormones are annoying!! Hope ketosis kicks in for you!

I'm up again today, and knew it. Shouldn't have weighed, but wanted to see the damage for myself. Sore all over from my workout yesterday, which is good, and tom is here too. I'm going to try to only allow sugar on weekends. Hoping that helps my self control!!

Old 08-24-2016, 11:01 AM   #101
julieboolie

Ok, hate the scale. Just saying. But loving my lifting, feeling so good!! I hit a new PR on my WHTs today, 185 lbs!! Woohoo!! I'm gonna focus on building muscle and hopefully maintaining weight for a bit and see how that goes. I'd love to be in the 150's but when I cut cals and sacrifice enough to get there my body changes and I can actually see that I'm not just losing fat, but muscle too. Not gonna do that anymore. If/when I'm happy with my lifting and transition to a cut, I'll do it slowly. I'll probably wait until I've been on new meds for a while and see how it goes. Really hope my thyroid can be managed and my weight will cooperate once I'm fully functioning!

Old 08-25-2016, 07:05 AM   #102
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday Eve!!

Julie, I'm with you...HATING the scale right now, ugh! It's not budging, although I'm eating on plan and in strong ketosis. Like you, trying to focus on other thing vs. scale number. You're doing fantastic with overall taking care of yourself and your health, congrats on lifting 185lb!!

As mentioned above, the scale and I are not in a loving relationship. However I've had 3 people tell me I look like I'm losing weight which is surprising. I'm going to keep on going because I've already pushed the reset button.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:25 AM   #103
julieboolie

Yes, Shari! I'm sure you're looking good and it's so nice to get that reassurance when you're feeling vulnerable or frustrated!!

Here's what I was just reading that really encouraged me! I'm reading eat to perform aka the wave method, and switched to it last week away from LC. I'm shooting for that bolded part this week. Scale up to 171 and holding there for the past 3-4 days! but I am getting stronger and look ok, just need to mentally get through this part then hopefully start coming down in weight/fat. Such a mental battle after spending the majority of my life persuing "skinny". But I'm gonna suck it up and keep up with the muscle building and try to let my body sort it out. So hard though!!

"I mentioned earlier that lower carbs and lower Calories CAN be useful and that knowledge is what you will rely on for rest days and days where you are feeling a bit squishy (or your weight might be up a bit more than you would like). Speaking of which, not only will your weight go up as you re-hydrate but it NEEDS to go up. This will aid in your fat loss over time as you become more effective moving in and out of days where you would eat moderate carbohydrates interspersed with days that are lower carb and even lower Calorie at times. I often say that the scale actually isn’t most people’s issue, it’s the expectation of a specific result they want to see that tends to be the problem. If you can avoid those expectations and view temporary increases on th scale as a good thing, you will experience the value of an increased metabolism, more muscle, more energy, and for a lot of people a better relationship with food."

Hope you're all doing well in your pursuits!!

Old 08-25-2016, 10:01 AM   #104
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes, Shari! I'm sure you're looking good and it's so nice to get that reassurance when you're feeling vulnerable or frustrated!!

Here's what I was just reading that really encouraged me! I'm reading eat to perform aka the wave method, and switched to it last week away from LC. I'm shooting for that bolded part this week. Scale up to 171 and holding there for the past 3-4 days! but I am getting stronger and look ok, just need to mentally get through this part then hopefully start coming down in weight/fat. Such a mental battle after spending the majority of my life persuing "skinny". But I'm gonna suck it up and keep up with the muscle building and try to let my body sort it out. So hard though!!

"I mentioned earlier that lower carbs and lower Calories CAN be useful and that knowledge is what you will rely on for rest days and days where you are feeling a bit squishy (or your weight might be up a bit more than you would like). Speaking of which, not only will your weight go up as you re-hydrate but it NEEDS to go up. This will aid in your fat loss over time as you become more effective moving in and out of days where you would eat moderate carbohydrates interspersed with days that are lower carb and even lower Calorie at times. I often say that the scale actually isn’t most people’s issue, it’s the expectation of a specific result they want to see that tends to be the problem. If you can avoid those expectations and view temporary increases on th scale as a good thing, you will experience the value of an increased metabolism, more muscle, more energy, and for a lot of people a better relationship with food."

Hope you're all doing well in your pursuits!!
Great Approach, thanks Julie!
Old 08-25-2016, 10:55 AM   #105
scrappychik
Senior LCF Member

friends!

Returned from the beach yesterday. We had a lovely time!!!

I am EXTREMELY pleased that I stuck so close to plan surrounded by all the yummy treats that I normally would have devoured. FUDGE, Ice Cream, Donuts, Funnel Cakes, Fries all up n down the boardwalk. Instead I chose to indulge in all the fresh seafood n salads... Crab, shrimp n lobster... I def wasn't deprived lol

I had my annual exam this am and weighed in at 216 fully clothed

Shari n Julie...agree the scale can be a jerk but we know that long term we will be winners!!!

Izzy... So that you play guitar! I always wanted to learn. Congrats on the whoosh!!!

223 re-start
1st mini goal 199 3/28

Old 08-25-2016, 11:40 AM   #106
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
friends!

Returned from the beach yesterday. We had a lovely time!!!

I am EXTREMELY pleased that I stuck so close to plan surrounded by all the yummy treats that I normally would have devoured. FUDGE, Ice Cream, Donuts, Funnel Cakes, Fries all up n down the boardwalk. Instead I chose to indulge in all the fresh seafood n salads... Crab, shrimp n lobster... I def wasn't deprived lol

I had my annual exam this am and weighed in at 216 fully clothed

Shari n Julie...agree the scale can be a jerk but we know that long term we will be winners!!!

Izzy... So that you play guitar! I always wanted to learn. Congrats on the whoosh!!!
You Go Girl! I'm just learning to tune my guitar. I guess it's common for the strings to slide when it's new? There is a long guitar road ahead of me.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:57 AM   #107
julieboolie

Izzy-the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step! Tuning is where I quit!

Lisa-You didn't indulge in the boardwalk goodies? impressive!! I still dream of Kohr's custard, Manco pizza, Copper Kettle fudge...missing Ocean City Boardwalk
Glad you had a great time!!

I took a nice walk this morning and lifted well yesterday. Feeling good, and trying not to worry about the scale as much.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:30 AM   #108
julieboolie

Scale still up, BF down a little. Trying not to panic, but I'm in the WRONG DECADE!! I'm focused on protein and trying to stay in control, but really want to lose this fat!! I love that I'm lifting heavier and heavier and really know that eating closer to maintenance calories makes it possible, but I still long for leaner! It's a trade off and I've waffled back and forth with it for a while (year+). I make progress, then decide to switch to fat loss, and end up in the same cycle over and over.

This time I'm going to keep going with the higher calories (hope to not keep gaining though!) and see if I can add some muscle for an extended period of time, and at least maintain. Then, hopefully, next month when I'm on new thyroid meds, I can cut a bit and see about losing some of this body fat. I'm trying to keep my calories lower on rest days and higher on lifting days. Also trying to stick with starches for my carbs, not sugar. I know for "normal" people they'd be losing weight at my calorie and activity level, and I haven't given up hope that a good endocrinologist can help me become more "normal" so my efforts result in actual progress. But, relaxing and eating a bit more while maintaining will actually be good for me in the long run. It's just really hard when I always want to see the scale go down. Mental gymnastics! LC will drop 5 scale lbs quickly and encourage me emotionally, but I won't be lifting well or building the precious muscle I want. I need to keep my eye on the bigger picture, but it's HARD.

Hope you guys are doing well!! It'll be cooling off soon for all of you...cute jeans and Fall outfits are coming! I have a while longer that you guys too, which is good, since most of my jeans are tight . They fit, but not as well as I'd like! But in leggings and workout pants I look much better, as I've built a derrière this year . Just tighter jeans as part of that process, .

Happy weekend reset buddies! Hope you've got your eye on the prize!

Old 08-26-2016, 10:06 AM   #109
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Scale still up, BF down a little. Trying not to panic, but I'm in the WRONG DECADE!! I'm focused on protein and trying to stay in control, but really want to lose this fat!! I love that I'm lifting heavier and heavier and really know that eating closer to maintenance calories makes it possible, but I still long for leaner! It's a trade off and I've waffled back and forth with it for a while (year+). I make progress, then decide to switch to fat loss, and end up in the same cycle over and over.

This time I'm going to keep going with the higher calories (hope to not keep gaining though!) and see if I can add some muscle for an extended period of time, and at least maintain. Then, hopefully, next month when I'm on new thyroid meds, I can cut a bit and see about losing some of this body fat. I'm trying to keep my calories lower on rest days and higher on lifting days. Also trying to stick with starches for my carbs, not sugar. I know for "normal" people they'd be losing weight at my calorie and activity level, and I haven't given up hope that a good endocrinologist can help me become more "normal" so my efforts result in actual progress. But, relaxing and eating a bit more while maintaining will actually be good for me in the long run. It's just really hard when I always want to see the scale go down. Mental gymnastics! LC will drop 5 scale lbs quickly and encourage me emotionally, but I won't be lifting well or building the precious muscle I want. I need to keep my eye on the bigger picture, but it's HARD.

Hope you guys are doing well!! It'll be cooling off soon for all of you...cute jeans and Fall outfits are coming! I have a while longer that you guys too, which is good, since most of my jeans are tight . They fit, but not as well as I'd like! But in leggings and workout pants I look much better, as I've built a derrière this year . Just tighter jeans as part of that process, .

Happy weekend reset buddies! Hope you've got your eye on the prize!
Happy Weekend to you too Julie! A friend of mine is leaving town Saturday until Sept 9th. I'm thinking of giving him my scale and not weighing until he gets back. I'm too anxious to get back to the 180's NOW! LOL
Old 08-27-2016, 07:04 AM   #110
julieboolie

Goals:
Workout 3x/week (more is better, but lifting is my focus)
Eating-work on feeling satisfied and mindful, LC for now
I want my jeans to be loose. It'll be a while till its cool enough to wear them!
I'd like to be 162-163 by Labor Day.
Then 150's by Halloween.

Well, Labor Day is next week and I weigh 173 lbs this morning! that's WITH watching and logging and being careful and controlled. Sigh.

I have been consistent and doing great with my lifting, so that's a definite bonus!
I added carbs back, trying for starch over sugar, focusing on my lifting days. Stopping when full is going better
But the dang scale! Up almost 5 lbs in the past 2 weeks! I know my thyroid is part of the puzzle but I'm so frustrated! I still have 2 weeks until I see the endocrinologist and even then meds won't be magic right away.
So, I'll be cutting calories a bit further this week and hope that'll help. I know I gain on 1700-1800 with a high level of activity-and should be able to maintain on 2300 according to all the sites . Sigh. Just not fair!

Ok, whining aside, I look pretty good! My jeans are a bit tight, but still zip. I look leaner in the mirror and the scale says BF has gone down a bit. So, I'm not giving up and will stick with the workouts and tweak my eating a bit more this week.

Hope you're all doing better than me!

Old 08-27-2016, 07:06 AM   #111
julieboolie

Izzy-good idea! You're doing great!!! KUTGW!!

Old 08-28-2016, 05:51 AM   #112
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Julie, ugh. I feel your pain. The only advice I can offer (until you get the meds) is to hold onto the NSVs right now, ignoring the scale to represent fat loss. It' so hard to see the wrong decade, but that number will have to give with a regimented diet. You're on the right track, don't lose faith in yourself (but I know it's easier said than done). BTW, great goals!

Izzy~Ditto on what Julie said!! Giving up the scale is brave, but it'll take away the anxiety and frustrations with the bounces that come along with LC.

Lisa~ WOW, to not give in to boardwalk goodies?!! That's amazing! I just went to OC for the first time last month and indulged in a big cup of fries... You're on the right track, keep it up!

I'm holding on, scale slowly inching down, but it's ever so slowly. Still holding steady though. The 'moms' and I are going to a winery jazz festival in the beginning of October so I'm using this as motivation to be at least in the lower 180's by then; at the rate of weight loss I'm going, I should be on target.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:59 AM   #113
julieboolie

Good job Shari! Slow and steady wins the race!!

I'm down to 170.3 this morning. Whew! That's a little better! I'm gonna drop cals a little more and add more cardio (yuck!) and see if I can make a little headway. Not giving up!!

Off to try a Zumba class before church! .

Old 08-28-2016, 09:47 AM   #114
scrappychik
Senior LCF Member

Shari The winery jazz fest sounds like fun!!!

JulieKUTGW and u will see results
How was Zumba?

IzzyWhatever works.... If bounces up n down bother u then it IS better to weigh weekly or monthly. I HAVE to weigh daily to keep accountable. I am fine with ups and downs as long as my graph and averages show a decrease over all.

Scale back down to 214... Pre vacay wt and hoping for a new low this week. My doc is happy I'm working my plan. BP is high but he is giving me a month before I will have to do meds. Really hoping I can lower with diet n exercise. I'm gonna add some cardio. C25k app on my phone

223 re-start
1st mini goal 199 3/28

Old 08-28-2016, 12:02 PM   #115
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Just a quick reply as I run out the door. I am alive and doing fine! Got back from Seattle and weighed in 4 pounds more than when I left, but those went away the next day. All water and swelling.. I walked more in Seattle than I have in the past YEAR!!!!

They walk everywhere there and I was just not used to it. Had a great time though with my son and his GF!! finally............ Shari and Julie know what I am talking about I think. He is 32 and has been alone for the past 9 years or so.. So I was wondering if he even had any interest in finding a GF or BF or whatever! Just happy he has found someone he enjoys spending time with and they seem happy.

So this past week back at work I have been trying to get back into my LCARB life and am doing pretty well. Yesterday's weigh in was down 6 since I got back, so I lost 2 this week net.

I hope you are doing well!! I'll try to be better at keeping up this week!!
Old 08-28-2016, 06:23 PM   #116
julieboolie

Zumba was fun!! I'm so glad I went and will try to fit in another class this week. Can't hurt, right?

Deb-welcome back! So glad you had a great time and woohoo on your son and GF! sweet! Great job getting back on plan and losing after vacation! So impressed!! Good for you!!

Lisa-good job! I'm adding cardio too! KUTGW!!

Old 08-29-2016, 03:37 AM   #117
shari
Major LCF Poster!

DEB!! So glad you're back in the fold Glad to see you had fun visiting your DS and his DG. I when you said you wondered if he'd settle down. I do remember the story, what a cutie pie, he just had to take his time. Congrats on losing the weight gained, plus 2 more!

Lisa~ thanks! We usually go once a year, but I missed last year. It is sooo much fun; we take a designated driver with us...yeah, it's that kind of fun. Congrats on a new low, staying on course paid off!

Julie~ I love Zumba! Glad you had fun, hopefully you're back in your more comfortable decade.

Today is very busy, my youngest son starts his last year of JH (8th grade). I'm feeling motivated to get back into a routine of doing yoga in the mornings before taking him to school. I do miss it, I think I'm going to start tomorrow.

Happy Monday ladies
Old 08-29-2016, 06:25 AM   #118
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Zumba was fun!! I'm so glad I went and will try to fit in another class this week. Can't hurt, right?

Deb-welcome back! So glad you had a great time and woohoo on your son and GF! sweet! Great job getting back on plan and losing after vacation! So impressed!! Good for you!!

Lisa-good job! I'm adding cardio too! KUTGW!!
Zumba!! so much fun when you just are a free spirit and don't try to hard to do it "right" Glad you enjoyed!! I see the scale is being mean to you, well so what.. you are stronger than ever!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
DEB!! So glad you're back in the fold Glad to see you had fun visiting your DS and his DG. I when you said you wondered if he'd settle down. I do remember the story, what a cutie pie, he just had to take his time. Congrats on losing the weight gained, plus 2 more!

Lisa~ thanks! We usually go once a year, but I missed last year. It is sooo much fun; we take a designated driver with us...yeah, it's that kind of fun. Congrats on a new low, staying on course paid off!

Julie~ I love Zumba! Glad you had fun, hopefully you're back in your more comfortable decade.

Today is very busy, my youngest son starts his last year of JH (8th grade). I'm feeling motivated to get back into a routine of doing yoga in the mornings before taking him to school. I do miss it, I think I'm going to start tomorrow.

Happy Monday ladies
Wow Shari, already in his last year of JH!!! Hard to imagine how fast they grow up... enjoy your boys!!! They do tend to move when they get older.. I really miss my boys being so far away so hug em as much as they let you!! Hope you get back to Yoga since you enjoyed it so much!!

Quote:
Shari The winery jazz fest sounds like fun!!!

JulieKUTGW and u will see results
How was Zumba?

IzzyWhatever works.... If bounces up n down bother u then it IS better to weigh weekly or monthly. I HAVE to weigh daily to keep accountable. I am fine with ups and downs as long as my graph and averages show a decrease over all.

Scale back down to 214... Pre vacay wt and hoping for a new low this week. My doc is happy I'm working my plan. BP is high but he is giving me a month before I will have to do meds. Really hoping I can lower with diet n exercise. I'm gonna add some cardio. C25k app on my phone
I also hope you see a new low this week!! Always a motivator.

Gosh, I really hope you can avoid meds and take your BP down with diet and exercise.. I am trying to do the same thing. I DONT LIKE MEDS!!!

Great idea on adding some exercise.. again, I know I need to but man it makes me sore.. Back surgery, ankle surgery....... blah blah.. excuses..

In any case I am on track and doing fine yesterday and today. I feel some new motivation!!! (maybe a wedding in the future)........ You never know!!
Old 08-29-2016, 06:39 AM   #119
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Julie - my boss swears by Zumba, she does it 5 times a week. She said it got her legs stronger than anything else!
Deb - glad you had a blast with DS and his DG! Happy he found someone!
Lisa - I'm with you on trying to lower my bp with lc/losing and not meds - I don't tolerate them.
Shari - I"m going for a weekend to a state park at the end of April with 4 fit women, I'm determined to be one of them by then! Need to work on my chronic plantar fasciitis so I can at least do an "easy" hike with them.

I carbed up yesterday, I'm glad my scale is living 5 miles away for a spell. I've been waking up in terrible neck, lower back and even thigh/knee pain for 3 weeks. I finally ordered a new bed yesterday afternoon. I'm praying that is the problem. It was the worst yesterday and I got severely depressed over it, I had trouble walking all day. The bed will be delivered Wednesday afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed!

Last edited by Izzysdream; 08-29-2016 at 06:40 AM..
Old 08-29-2016, 07:08 AM   #120
julieboolie

Izzy- I hope it is your bed causing the problem!!! Good for you on the fitness front! What park are you visiting? We're going to Antelope Canyon, Zion and Bryce Canyon in November with our bffs. We love it! Hope you are up for some good hikes and exploring! So much beauty out there!
Thanks, Zumba was fun and I plan to stick with it 2x/week .

Deb-that would be so amazing-a wedding?! And very motivational!! Good for you! Your schedule is so crazy, I imagine that gym at work is your best option for exercsie? Or your pool while it's still summer? Hope you can fit some in and feel good too!

Shari-I know! Bittersweet! Dd(13) is in 8th grade this year too and so far, so good. But it's so fast! She's got a sweet boy from church who wants her to come watch him play football this Saturday . I'm not ready for my baby to grow up this fast!
I hope he has a fabulous first week! And good for you starting yoga again! Every little bit helps! Being strong is so good!

I'm doing well! Scale finally down to the 160's again! 169.2 this morning . Whew! I stuck to around 1500 cals yesterday, and added the Zumba. Glad it's helping! I'll rotate cals this week, higher on lifting days like today, and see how it goes. I'd love to be securely back in the 160's by sept 12 when I FINALLY see the endocrinologist. If I can do that w/o her help, I'd be encouraged that with meds I'd have a fighting chance to get back to the 150's. A girl can dream. I'd like to be "normal" and be able to lose weight like a "normal" person! Not requiring Herculean sacrifice and effort!

Anyway, have a good week! I've got dd(16)'s first varsity volleyball game today, dd(13)'s game tomorrow, another varsity game Thursday, and a 2-day tournament Friday and Saturday! And I'm watching the littles 3x this week! today is the clam before the storm!