Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-29-2016, 08:19 AM   #121
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 205/203.6/155 (5'7") age 59
WOE: LC
Start Date: 4/06 - lost ~90, restarting
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Izzy- I hope it is your bed causing the problem!!! Good for you on the fitness front! What park are you visiting?
Cuyahoga National Park ( I think that is how it is spelled. lol)
Izzysdream is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2016, 04:02 AM   #122
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzysdream View Post
Julie - my boss swears by Zumba, she does it 5 times a week. She said it got her legs stronger than anything else!
Deb - glad you had a blast with DS and his DG! Happy he found someone!
Lisa - I'm with you on trying to lower my bp with lc/losing and not meds - I don't tolerate them.
Shari - I"m going for a weekend to a state park at the end of April with 4 fit women, I'm determined to be one of them by then! Need to work on my chronic plantar fasciitis so I can at least do an "easy" hike with them.

I carbed up yesterday, I'm glad my scale is living 5 miles away for a spell. I've been waking up in terrible neck, lower back and even thigh/knee pain for 3 weeks. I finally ordered a new bed yesterday afternoon. I'm praying that is the problem. It was the worst yesterday and I got severely depressed over it, I had trouble walking all day. The bed will be delivered Wednesday afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed!
I think I may also have a foot problem.. I noticed it really bad on my walking in Seattle. Now even when I sit at work, my feet hurt.. I'll have to do some reading up on plantar fasciitis. I know what it is, but what is the cure besides surgery.....

So you got carbed up, get uncarbed... Hope your new bed does the trick for you!!
Old 08-30-2016, 04:07 AM   #123
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Izzy- I hope it is your bed causing the problem!!! Good for you on the fitness front! What park are you visiting? We're going to Antelope Canyon, Zion and Bryce Canyon in November with our bffs. We love it! Hope you are up for some good hikes and exploring! So much beauty out there!
Thanks, Zumba was fun and I plan to stick with it 2x/week .

Deb-that would be so amazing-a wedding?! And very motivational!! Good for you! Your schedule is so crazy, I imagine that gym at work is your best option for exercsie? Or your pool while it's still summer? Hope you can fit some in and feel good too!

Shari-I know! Bittersweet! Dd(13) is in 8th grade this year too and so far, so good. But it's so fast! She's got a sweet boy from church who wants her to come watch him play football this Saturday . I'm not ready for my baby to grow up this fast!
I hope he has a fabulous first week! And good for you starting yoga again! Every little bit helps! Being strong is so good!

I'm doing well! Scale finally down to the 160's again! 169.2 this morning . Whew! I stuck to around 1500 cals yesterday, and added the Zumba. Glad it's helping! I'll rotate cals this week, higher on lifting days like today, and see how it goes. I'd love to be securely back in the 160's by sept 12 when I FINALLY see the endocrinologist. If I can do that w/o her help, I'd be encouraged that with meds I'd have a fighting chance to get back to the 150's. A girl can dream. I'd like to be "normal" and be able to lose weight like a "normal" person! Not requiring Herculean sacrifice and effort!

Anyway, have a good week! I've got dd(16)'s first varsity volleyball game today, dd(13)'s game tomorrow, another varsity game Thursday, and a 2-day tournament Friday and Saturday! And I'm watching the littles 3x this week! today is the clam before the storm!
YAY!!! for getting back out of the 70's. I know you don't like it there.. but for me, I want to get there again.......

I hope you get some help when you get your Thyroid meds worked out. Just keep on working on your strength!! The rest will fall in place in time..

Your DD's are so good at VBALL!!! Great for them! Congrats on your DD's job also.. that girl will be busy!!! Better than sitting around with nothing to do.

Good luck with the littles.. haha.. so cute. It will get you prepared for what is ahead.

Forgot to add, things are going well as of yesterday.. Work, Swimming... watching my DGS after work.. just a real busy life but love it!!! Carbs under control for NOW.. fingers crossed..

Last edited by Deb294evr; 08-30-2016 at 04:09 AM..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:11 AM   #124
julieboolie
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/168.2/158lbs
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks Deb! Things Sound lovely! Especially the after work stuff . KUTGW! It'll just take time, but we've got that!

Izzy-that'll be a blast!! I can't wait for it to get cooler here so I can be outside more and enjoying Gods beautiful creation again!

Holding steady at 169.8 this morning. Rest day and shooting for lighter calories!

Daily updates in my journal.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...7#post17405637
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:50 AM   #125
Indigo-65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Indigo-65
Stats: SW212 CW212 GW145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Everyday!
Hello, I don't know if anyone remembers me but I was a member a few years back. My name is Janice (Jan). I just started JUDDDing and came back here for some inspiration from you ladies.
How have you all been doing?
Old 08-30-2016, 09:06 AM   #126
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/187/169-mini goal
WOE: low carb-Atkins '72
Start Date: restart- 8/9/16
JAN!!! So glad to see you again, of course I remember you. How are you? How's JUDDD going for you? I'm still battling the same pounds over and over, LOL , but doing well overall.

Julie~ I agree with Deb, happy to see that you returned to a lower decade! How sweet of DD; yes, they are growing up faster than I like. I remember being the same like you, counting down until you're able to see the endo doctor; I pray he brings relief...it's awful to fight for every pound plus the other symptoms.

Izzy~ Nice! I love your goal to be fit with the other ladies. Having a goal really helps to stay focused and on plan. So sorry that you're in pain, hopefully the new bed will be the cure.

Lisa~ I too pray that you're able to bring B/P down with diet and exercise alone. Glad doc is agreeing with this method as well vs. adding meds as the immediate option. Here cheering you on with C25K program!

Last edited by shari; 08-30-2016 at 09:08 AM..
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:08 AM   #127
shari
Major LCF Poster!

I got up early enough to do yoga, felt so much better afterwards. Will plan to do this at least during the weekday mornings. Still staying away from the scale for awhile so no report on how that's going. Love the support here ladies, we will reach our goals!
Old 08-30-2016, 09:56 AM   #128
Indigo-65
Senior LCF Member

Shari, I just started as of yesterday. Today is my UP day and you know today is going well. Yesterday was more challenging (DD).
Old 08-30-2016, 10:34 AM   #129
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Oh I remember DD struggles very well, LOL. I think I remember you doing well on it before(?). Are you doing low carb with it or just counting cals. I love JUDDD and the freedom it gives, would do it in a heartbeat if I could stick to DD rotations...
Old 08-30-2016, 01:38 PM   #130
scrappychik
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Re-start 07/25/2016
Quick fly-by today... Busy busy...DD starts school in the morning and we are preparing for dance classes and Nutcracker season. I read thru to catch up, but no time for personals unfortunately

Another new low on the scale... 212.2

Jan!!!

223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 201 200 199....
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:52 PM   #131
Indigo-65
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post

Another new low on the scale... 212.2

Jan!!!
Thank you for the welcome!
Old 08-30-2016, 03:12 PM   #132
julieboolie
Big Yapper!!!!

Lisa-woohoo! You're doing great!

Welcome Jan!! Juddd has been really successful for so many! I did well for a little while but the restrictions were too much for me and made me rebound too indulgently on uds. Really messed with my head . But for so many it's a fabulous way to lose and maintain! Good luck and glad you're here with us!

Shari-good for you getting in the yoga! Everything goes better with exercise! I know you have been on your meds for a while, how are you feeling these days? Do you think you're r meds are working well? How long did it take to feel better? I'm not sure what to expect. I'd like to believe it'll make life much, much better but im not sure it's that magical!

Babysitting my 2 littles today, I've got them 3x this week! I'll be exhausted but can use the $!!

Have a good day all!

Old 08-31-2016, 04:02 AM   #133
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Lisa~ congrats!!! Wishing your DD a nice school year.

Julie~ Overall I feel great on my meds. In the beginning after my thyroidectomy when they had me on the lowest dosage, I felt like crap...moody (very ), extremely lethargic, feeling hot/cold, ugh. Since he upped it, I've been feeling more like my old self. I still get hot/cold very easily and my weight fluctuates more frequently to me than before, but I can seriously tell you that I feel A LOT better! That's why I feel your pain and truly hope you get relief from the right medication. I've read some don't respond well to Levothyroxine, but for me it works okay for now.

Going to do yoga again for day 2. BBL, Happy Hump Day!
Old 08-31-2016, 07:23 AM   #134
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo-65 View Post
Shari, I just started as of yesterday. Today is my UP day and you know today is going well. Yesterday was more challenging (DD).
Indigo-65!
Hello Lisa, Deb, Julie and Shari!
I woke up Sunday and could hardly walk without pain all day. Started wondering if it had anything to do with ketosis and gout, found a thread that discussed it here. Yesterday at 3:00 am I woke in such pain I couldn't fall asleep and was late to work. My new bed arrives this afternoon but I am suspecting that it won't be the cure I"m looking for. This is really depressing. My doctor told me to limit my protein to 70 grams a day. I'm still not in ketosis but not overeating. Don't know what my weight is doing until I get my scale back from my friend next Friday. I don't see how people live with chronic pain everyday, it affects each second of my day. The bad thing is that I now have a $3750.00 deductible with my insurance so I will have to pay for all blood tests out of pocket. Anyway, I'll pray for a miracle with this bed this afternoon.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:24 AM   #135
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Izzy, I'm so sorry that you're having so much pain. I do hope the bed brings relief, but you're right, I've read too about low carb and people beginning to have gout. Oh and it totally sucks that you're in that donut hole with the insurance. Prayers and hugs all around.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:51 AM   #136
julieboolie
Big Yapper!!!!

Izzy- that pain sounds awful! Did it start when you did LC? If so, then I'd definitely switch things up! Pain that hijacks your life is not worth some weight loss!! There are other ways to lose!! Take care of yourself and hope the bed helps a lot!

Shari-thank you! I need to hear good stories of thyroid med success! My hair has gotten so thin I can feel my scalp through it!! I'm used to a thick mane and it's really upsetting me! Even if/when it grows back, my hair is so long it'll be whacky for Years! I would like to not gain weight all the time, be able to think a bit more clearly and have some energy too! Hoping (unrealistically) that I can try the natural thyroid. Most reviews say it is very effective? We'll see, still a few weeks until I get in to see her

Good day yesterday, hit a lighter calorie day and that was good. Aiming for 130 G protein a day, and rotating my calories up or down based on activity level. So far, so good, not losing fast, but I think heading in the right direction. Focused mostly on adding muscle without gaining. I lift today, and if I have enough oomph for it, will try a kick boxing class tonight. I used to love mine at my old gym, but it's been ages since I did it . Trying to add some fun cardio in

Day off from kiddos today, so the quiet day this week . Looking forward to it!

Old 08-31-2016, 12:06 PM   #137
Indigo-65
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Welcome Jan!! Juddd has been really successful for so many! I did well for a little while but the restrictions were too much for me and made me rebound too indulgently on uds. Really messed with my head . But for so many it's a fabulous way to lose and maintain! Good luck and glad you're here with us!
Thanks Julie, I hope JUDDD works for me.

Izzy, thanks for the welcome!
Old 08-31-2016, 01:57 PM   #138
scrappychik
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Re-start 07/25/2016
IzzySo sorry you are in pain I live with fibromyalgia and it SUX! I also have to pay out of pocket for labs and tests. That sux too!!! Hang in there gf xx

ShariHope u had a good yoga session and happy to hear meds are working for you

JulieDo you daycare in your home? I admire those who care for other children.. I could barely deal with my own brood

JanWishing u much success on JUDDD!!!

DebKUTGW

DD went back to cyber school today... First day of middle school

Scale read 210.6 today I'm hoping it is a whoosh and not a fluke

Still "shaking" it for breakfast n lunch... DH grilled me some steaks so I will prolly have one leftover for supper again tonight

Have a lovely afternoon n evening all

223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 201 200 199....
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:24 AM   #139
shari
Major LCF Poster!

ladies, KUTGW!!

quick post as I'm running late (drinking coffee now to wake up ). I'm losing faith in doing just low carb alone to get results; It's the beginning of a new month and I'm still around the same weight. I believe in low carb because I know it works, but I think I need to shake things up because my body is knows it very well and now just stalls or fluctuates between the same pounds. I'm not really seeing much inch loss either (I'm still baffled how 3 people said I look like I am ) as my clothes seem to fit basically the same. I thought long and hard yesterday about what to do next and what worked in the past to get the scale moving again successfully. It was switching to something different, like low carb and juicing (w/ kale drinks), 17-day diet (low fat), hhcg (calorie restriction), JUDDD, Stillmans, etc. I'm on the fence about what to do next, but I have to do something as I'm feeling like I'm going nowhere. I also thought about this is the exact reason I keep changing plans. I'll keep you all posted on what I'm going to do. Whatever it is, I'm still on a mission to lose this weight and support you all along the way.

Last edited by shari; 09-01-2016 at 04:26 AM..
Old 09-01-2016, 10:05 AM   #140
julieboolie
Big Yapper!!!!

Shari- I've btdt with LC! Just doesn't help me lose beyond the initial water loss . It's clear that calories matter more these days, and LC isn't gonna help me lose. Hopefully you'll be able to find a good plan for you. You and I are in a similar spot we're not miserable in our current size so motivation isn't quite as strong . But you can do it!!

Scrappy-no, not a daycare, just helping out a friend by watching her 2 littles twice /3x a week. We're starting foster care soon so I'm not sure I'll be able to manage both while homeschooling my 2 girls. It's already a full plate!
We're doing online school this year too and it's awful! So much wasted time, too much work, technology challenges scanning and emailing. Lots of busy work! Sigh. But ours will pay for community college so I'm trying to tough it out! Hope things transition well for you!

Jan-how are your dds going?

I'm doing well, happy with my gym routine. Tried kickboxing yesterday after lifting in the morning! Following (loosely) eat to perform which has me hitting 130g of protein each day, rotating my calories and eating more on workout days. So far I like it. Hoping to put on some muscle and keep fat gains to a minimum or not at all. Maybe even lose a little fat along the way. Recomposition for the win!

Hope you're all doing well and heading toward your goals .

Old 09-02-2016, 03:46 AM   #141
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Julie, funny when I first saw 'btdt' yesterday evening I couldn't figure out what that meant. This morning I reread it and it came to me as if you'd spelled it out. What a difference a good night's sleep make. I know you understand, and I agree, calories matter more. When I first started LC I could eat anything w/o counting calories and lose like crazy, but then again I was heavier too. I keep forgetting about you fostering soon, keep us updated. I'm so excited for you, and admiring you as well for what you doing. Nice that the online school will pay for community college, what a deal and worth the headache now!

Izzy, thinking of you. Hope you're feeling better.

Lisa~ you're so close to onederland. Hope you're still shaking it up.

Deb~ hope all's well.

Jan~how's JUDDD coming along?

After thinking about what to do next, I decided to start kale drinks again. I'll drink this during the day and have a nice mostly low carb dinner w/ family. I'll start after Labor Day as I may go to a couple outings over the weekend.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:39 AM   #142
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies, I'm so tired I forget who is who! Woke up at 2:00 am in extreme pain again, am at work on a couple hours of sleep. Thank God it's Friday! I've been off low carb hoping it would make a difference but it hasn't, guess if it's gout related it wouldn't go away immediately anyway. Wondering if it is my thyroid. I had multiple MRI, MRA and Brain angiogram in the spring and the radio active iodine contrast could have really messed with it. Am going to have to break open my charge card and go to the doctor for some testing I'm afraid.
Am wanting to comfort eat right now, but staying out of the sugar/wheat junk food arena. Trying not to feel like a failure. Sorry about the downer of a post. Hopefully the next one will be better on more sleep...Like Shari..see I remembered something! LOL
Old 09-02-2016, 08:09 AM   #143
julieboolie
Big Yapper!!!!

Izzy- do sorry for your pain and lack of sleep! Come and vent all you need to! We all understand and often share the struggle!! Hope the pain lessens and you're able to avoid comfort eating. A weakness of mine too, so I get it!

Shari-I was wondering if you'd go back to your kale shakes. It really works for you and I remember you talking about how good you felt on them, so I think that's a great choice! Enjoy your weekend

I'm doing well, scale STS at 169.6 today. I'm ok with it for now. Won't lie, would like to see a dip as I am in a deficit, but it's not a big one, and my workouts are going well so I am not complaining. I'm working on contentment and patience and longer term goals. Such a different mindset to switch over to, I've been trying to do it for 2 years now! baby steps!

Busy weekend with a volleyball tournament today and tomorrow and babysitting today too, dinner at a friend's house tonight (she's turning 80 on Monday!) and hopefully some down time in there somewhere!

Take care all! Hope the rest of our resetters are doing great!

Old 09-02-2016, 08:38 AM   #144
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Izzy I'm so sorry, I was really hoping the bed would be key to the pain. I feel for you and will keep you in my prayers, really. Extreme/chronic pain is depressing so it's understandable that you want to have some type of comfort. You're doing great with still keeping a mindful eye on it though and not going totally hog wild. You're not a failure, you're going through unknowing pain...it's an unexpected event right now that is emotionally hard to deal with. Take gentle care of yourself, don't be hard on yourself, the pain is doing enough of that.

Julie~ busy weekend, but sounds fun! I'd be happy right now with anything reading in the 160's but I understand what you mean by wanting to go lower. Yes, I'm actually ready for the kale shakes again because I'm ready to feel better and lose some weight. The bonus it that G is doing this with me and I know from previous times that this is something that he will stick to.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:50 AM   #145
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Izzy I'm so sorry, I was really hoping the bed would be key to the pain. I feel for you and will keep you in my prayers, really. Extreme/chronic pain is depressing so it's understandable that you want to have some type of comfort. You're doing great with still keeping a mindful eye on it though and not going totally hog wild. You're not a failure, you're going through unknowing pain...it's an unexpected event right now that is emotionally hard to deal with. Take gentle care of yourself, don't be hard on yourself, the pain is doing enough of that.

Julie~ busy weekend, but sounds fun! I'd be happy right now with anything reading in the 160's but I understand what you mean by wanting to go lower. Yes, I'm actually ready for the kale shakes again because I'm ready to feel better and lose some weight. The bonus it that G is doing this with me and I know from previous times that this is something that he will stick to.
Shari & Julie
Old 09-02-2016, 11:46 AM   #146
Indigo-65
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post

Jan~how's JUDDD coming along?
hope everyone is having a great Friday!!!!

Shari, this is my third DD and so far it's the easiest. I am saving my few calories to use at the football game tonight.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:53 AM   #147
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning all! I have been a bad girl not keeping updated daily.. Just a busy time as always.

So good to see you back Jan!!! of course we all remember you.. we were pretty chatty close at one point.. Good to see you trying JUDDD, how do you like it? Always wish I could have done it, but I can't get my head wrapped around the Down Days. Funny because HCG is ALL down days..

Shari, good luck with the Kale Shakes!! I know they always treated you well, and having G do it with you is the best!! I wish I had ANYONE who would like to eat what I do.. but nope.

Izzy I sure hope you get to the bottom of what is causing your pain! I know the last thing you want to think about is any kind of plan, so you just hang in there and do the best you can for yourself..

Julie so nice to see your DD's doing well with VBall. Keeping active will really help them avoid all the diet garbage we have to go through I HOPE!!!! You are doing great with your lifting and also keeping active.. Still something I need to work on myself. I can so relate on you wanting to get that scale number down, but hopefully when you get your meds updated that will help with that. I hate starving myself to get the numbers down, and we all know that won't work in the long run.

Scrappy how are you doing??? Hope all is well.

As for me, I have reset again as of Sept. 1 to a whole new outlook on what I am doing.. I know Julie remembers Matt Stone and his refeeding plan. I did this a few years ago and I loved it. I gained weight though, so that is the drawback.. However! Since I just let go of my dieting brain on Sept. 1 I feel so much more at peace.. I have been yo yoing way too much lately and could never decide or stick to anything. I have decided to let it go for awhile. Get my temps back up and quit depriving myself. So my RESET will be a bit different from yours, but my mood and happiness level is through the roof!!!!

I will continue to post here because hey!!! I AM pushing that reset button..

Hope all of you are enjoying your Holiday if you actually get to NOT WORK..
Old 09-05-2016, 09:01 AM   #148
julieboolie
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Good Morning all! I have been a bad girl not keeping updated daily.. Just a busy time as always.

So good to see you back Jan!!! of course we all remember you.. we were pretty chatty close at one point.. Good to see you trying JUDDD, how do you like it? Always wish I could have done it, but I can't get my head wrapped around the Down Days. Funny because HCG is ALL down days..

Shari, good luck with the Kale Shakes!! I know they always treated you well, and having G do it with you is the best!! I wish I had ANYONE who would like to eat what I do.. but nope.

Izzy I sure hope you get to the bottom of what is causing your pain! I know the last thing you want to think about is any kind of plan, so you just hang in there and do the best you can for yourself..

Julie so nice to see your DD's doing well with VBall. Keeping active will really help them avoid all the diet garbage we have to go through I HOPE!!!! You are doing great with your lifting and also keeping active.. Still something I need to work on myself. I can so relate on you wanting to get that scale number down, but hopefully when you get your meds updated that will help with that. I hate starving myself to get the numbers down, and we all know that won't work in the long run.

Scrappy how are you doing??? Hope all is well.

As for me, I have reset again as of Sept. 1 to a whole new outlook on what I am doing.. I know Julie remembers Matt Stone and his refeeding plan. I did this a few years ago and I loved it. I gained weight though, so that is the drawback.. However! Since I just let go of my dieting brain on Sept. 1 I feel so much more at peace.. I have been yo yoing way too much lately and could never decide or stick to anything. I have decided to let it go for awhile. Get my temps back up and quit depriving myself. So my RESET will be a bit different from yours, but my mood and happiness level is through the roof!!!!

I will continue to post here because hey!!! I AM pushing that reset button..

Hope all of you are enjoying your Holiday if you actually get to NOT WORK..
I do remember Matt stone. RRARF good stuff! And a good decision! I'm doing a smilar reset but with added exercsie (which I know Matt doesn't recommend during your healing portion). I think it's an excellent decision! You can't lose in a constant deficit, and if you do it's not fat, but muscle and other valuable weight not just fat, . Plus, without having fueled your muscles and body you're going to have a hard time maintaining. I really think the low low cals of hcg and the deprivation of Juddd have messed with my mind and body. So my phase of eating to perform is healing and freeing and so good for me! It's odd not to be hungry and deprived, and no longer checking the scale in hopes of a new low. Quite a paradigm shift . Good for you!! Rest, refeed, heal!!

Jan-how's Judd treating you? Hope the dds aren't too bad and you're being rewarded .

Shari-Hope you had a fun weekend and are looking forward to your kale drinks!

Izzy-hope your pain is lessened with the new bed and you're feeling better!

Hi Lisa! Hope you're doing well!

I'm doing well. Like I mentioned in Debs reply above, changing my mindset from deprivation and hunger to fueling and fitness has been quite a change for me. Not one that is as simple as flipping a switch, more like a gradual progression with a few slip ups and then forward progress. . I'm still pressing on and enjoying it. Eating when I'm hungry, focusing on healthier choices but not militant about it, getting in plenty of protein (my first nutritional priority) and lifting at least 3x/week. Any extra exercise is good stuff.

We played sand volleyball at church last night for 2+ hours and had a blast! It sure beasts sitting on the sofa watching tv. it was hysterical and so much fun! It's finally cooling off at night here, so that was a definite bonus!

My weight is holding steady around 168-170. I see the endocrinologist, finally, next week and hope the new meds help me shed some fat. My hair is falling out so much now I fear I'll go bald! It's really bad lately, and you can see and feel the difference (thankfully I started with very thick hair, I can't imagine if I didn't!). So, I'm focused on maintaining weight until I'm on new meds and keeping up the workouts-shooting for more muscle . Doing well, and keeping on keeping on.

Hope youre enjoying this long weekend!

Old 09-05-2016, 09:46 AM   #149
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is awesome Julie!!!! I love it that you are also doing this YOUR WAY!! You are already used to exercise so I am sure it will work fine for you. I am going to do the REST portion right now, and when I feel stronger I am going to add in some movement that I love doing.

I will be doing the refeed and the healing......... I already feel more energy.. it is amazing. I cleaned my whole bedroom today which is not exactly REST, but I could not help it. I had that much energy. So STRANGE!!!
Old 09-05-2016, 02:08 PM   #150
shari
Major LCF Poster!

hey ladies,

Deb, that's awesome!! I may read into this after the shakes; I just don't see low carb only in the future anymore Of course you're going to keep posting here, it's not only for low carbers.
Julie, wow, what a busy but fun weekend. I too hope you get the meds needed.
Jan, glad it got easier for you and working!

Been busy over the weekend. The past few days I haven't been on plan, but trying to not do too much damage today. I weighed this morning, at 189...very close to the edge. Went shopping for kale shakes to start tomorrow, much needed.

Last edited by shari; 09-05-2016 at 02:09 PM..