Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-14-2016, 03:57 PM   #241
ButterBaconBurgers
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 135/123/121
WOE: LCHF + 2 36 hr. fast per week
Start Date: June 4, 2016
Hey ladies,

FBG is holding below 90 and my booty is sore from my latest workouts

Deb, is that your grandson in the batman costume! SO CUTE!!!

Umm ... on that thread ... I guess it's obvious I'm not a fan of the addiction model

Sorry. When I first started dealing with all this food/weight stuff 30 years ago, cues dreamy-dated music, in a gray sheet OA group ... I can't tell you how many years it took me to unload the emotional and psychological abuse I took from that group for 6 months. SIGH.

But what do you mean about how much more you have to do to get this under control?

Julie, it is hardcore, and I'm not super crazy about it, but I can't argue with the results. I'm going to try to get through our challenge with water fasts. Then I'll see where things are at the end of the year to see if I feel like I need to stick with them, or if I can loosen up and have some coffee w/hwc on my fast days. I don't drink black coffee. Do you? I wish I did.

So I've been wanting to do this G-t-G for years. It's basically throughout the day you take a challenging move, for me full-body pushup and closest I can get to full-pullup and just do very low reps throughout the day, but with perfect (as possible form.) Just doing 1 rep is fine. The point is also doing the move without going anywhere near your max reps. I'm going to alternate pushups and pull-ups by day. Like today I'm doing pushups and yesterday pull ups. Though my numbers are a bit lame, hehe. I have a door pull-up bar, so I can kind of manage a pull-up with a jump. I think I did 4 yesterday. On Wed, I did 16 pushups. I think the advantage is supposed to be neuromuscular training. Anyway, I got a book on this years ago, but have never really applied it! Since I'm only going to be doing booty moves at the gym for the time being, I thought this would be a great way to do something different for my upper body.

The pull-up stuff is hard for females, we tend to be stronger and heavier in our lower bodies, while men are stronger and heavier in their upper bodies. The biological distribution of their weight makes it easier for them to do pull-ups. But I'm going to re-visit this goal and see if I can make some progress.

I can do a good full body push-up. But I used to be able to drop and do 25 and now I'm at about 10-ish.

I think the more we figure out what works for us, as individuals the more rewarding lifting becomes. It just takes some consistency and kind of noticing.

The carb nite thing, I do something like that. It really helps me keep things in balance in the long run. It's really weird how we can allow ourselves to be steered away from things we KNOW work for us! I'm hoping I stop doing that!!!!

Shari and Pati, hope ya'll are all doing well!

TGIF

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2016, 09:42 PM   #242
julieboolie
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/155.4/158lbs
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Glad you guys are doing well!!

In some exciting news...we got our first placement today! A 12 day old baby girl! We're all totally in love and figuring it out . A lot of adjusting and need some new things, but so far so good! She's a really good baby and so cute!

Daily updates in my journal.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...7#post17405637
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:43 AM   #243
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
WOW Congrats Julie!!! Can't wait to hear more when you have the time.

Heather I just mean that I am so wishy washy always changing plans etc etc that I just need to stay on course with something I can live with and make that quick U TURN if I have something I have not planned for, instead of just saying, oh well I blew that plan, what else can I do that will work better? This is something I need to work on.

Yes, I can tell you don't like the Addiction Model.

Weigh in today was a stand still, but I did lots of reflecting this week about what I said above. No more changing plans when I have a mess up.. just get up and keep going...

Hope everyone is doing well!!!
Old 10-15-2016, 01:17 PM   #244
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/187/169-mini goal
WOE: low carb-Atkins '72
Start Date: restart- 8/9/16
Hey ladies,

I'm going to check out the link, thanks Deb.
As always, my default go-to WOE is LC, so I started this again strictly Thursday. Julie, I'm with you...seems I get tired of low carb not working as quickly as before, but it's the least amount of thought I have to put into eating healthy so here goes. I'm not going to weigh daily doing this, just need some consistency in staying with one plan for an extended amount of time.

Julie~congrats!! How exciting! I bet it's an adjustment with a newborn again, but I so admire you and family doing this.

Heather~as always, I love your contribution to our thread and admire your dedication to sticking to it. Congrats on continued BS levels, it's working!

Deb~ what a cute pic of grandson, he's a doll I agree with your motto, I need to stop changing and stick with one plan as well.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:24 PM   #245
ButterBaconBurgers
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Glad you guys are doing well!!
In some exciting news...we got our first placement today! A 12 day old baby girl! We're all totally in love and figuring it out . A lot of adjusting and need some new things, but so far so good! She's a really good baby and so cute!
OMG!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Heather I just mean that I am so wishy washy always changing plans etc etc that I just need to stay on course with something I can live with and make that quick U TURN if I have something I have not planned for, instead of just saying, oh well I blew that plan, what else can I do that will work better? This is something I need to work on.

Yes, I can tell you don't like the Addiction Model.

Weigh in today was a stand still, but I did lots of reflecting this week about what I said above. No more changing plans when I have a mess up.. just get up and keep going...
!
Oh! That is totally what I struggle with as well! So YEARS AGO I used to do The Firm workout videos (not sure if anyone has heard of them). They were my first experience with any resistance training. Any who, they had this ab workout and the instructor was a guy and I did the workout so many times, I will always remember he said this: Consistency is the key to success.

Boy, that's the truth, lol.

I really hope I'm past getting seduced by another "bright & shiny" plan or diet. Because, really, I do know what works for me. The challenge is to stick with it. I'm hoping this time I do. That's part of why I joined this challenge. To help me stay consistent!!!!

So this morning after my treat, my FBG was 98. Although it broke my almost 2-week streak of 90 or below ... I'm not going to FREAK OUT

I'm going to practice being ... CONSISTENT, hehe. Just keep calm and keeping on!
Old 10-15-2016, 01:48 PM   #246
julieboolie

Thanks girls...I'm totally in love! She's a total doll!! No lifting yesterday, scale down to 176.4 today, following LC ok. So far, so good .

Love you guys! I'll BBL for personals...a bit tired.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:17 AM   #247
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Heather~ love that phrase, "Consistency is the key to success", something I need to tell myself daily...through out the day. I'm positive that if I would just stick to one plan long term without getting impatient and frustrated, I would've been at goal a long time ago. Even doing low carb I know it'll take time, I just have to give it that.

Julie~ I anticipate you'll be very busy and when given a break, resting. I appreciate you coming in here to give updates when able. I'm happy to see that it's a great adjustment for everyone.

Where do the weekend go? I'm still on plan, loving the stress-free mindset that low carb allows. I got on the scale as I see that I haven't weighed since 10/3 ...showed a 2lb gain so downward I go.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:47 AM   #248
shari
Major LCF Poster!

oops, correction: weighed last on 10/7, up 2lbs since then. I don't know why it came to me while I was doing laundry that I put the wrong date.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:57 AM   #249
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am feeling the same way Shari!! We can do this!!! It is all about the reset button!! There is no limit and we have to just keep on going! No matter what! We've got this!! One day at a time.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:57 AM   #250
julieboolie

Quick check in...love our baby, not sleeping much, not eating much but not losing like I thought I would? LC usually drops 5 lbs of water right away, but I'm still at 175.5 with only about 1100 cals lately. Man, the thyroid is such a pain in patoot!!

Hope you all continue doing well,,, I'll check in more Soon!

Old 10-17-2016, 10:51 AM   #251
ButterBaconBurgers
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks girls...I'm totally in love! She's a total doll!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Heather~ love that phrase, "Consistency is the key to success", something I need to tell myself daily...through out the day. I'm positive that if I would just stick to one plan long term without getting impatient and frustrated, I would've been at goal a long time ago. Even doing low carb I know it'll take time, I just have to give it that.
Me too!!!! So, this morning my FBG was 98. I measured way early, @ 5am because I needed to get up early, but still, I was so bummed! But ... I know that for me what I'm doing is working ... so consistency consistency consistency. I'm going to hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I am feeling the same way Shari!! We can do this!!! It is all about the reset button!! There is no limit and we have to just keep on going! No matter what! We've got this!! One day at a time.
Yes!!!!!

Happy Monday All!
Old 10-18-2016, 07:09 AM   #252
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: prednisone 209 (5'7") age 59
WOE: LC
Start Date: 2/25/17
Quote:
Deb and patti! And izzy if you're reading along .
Hi Julie, I'm lurking and rooting for y'all! So excited about your foster baby girl. I can imagine the love of just holding her! I haven't had a fibro flare for a few days so I'm grateful for the everyday pain. LOL. I was maintaining until this weekend when I dove into the wheat in a bad way. I know you wonder if you be able to do low carb again, I want to but afraid because my symptoms started when I was in ketosis. I need to figure out what to do and just do it. I think IF'ing is probably the way to go for now.
Hello everyone!

Last edited by Izzysdream; 10-18-2016 at 07:11 AM..
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:14 AM   #253
julieboolie

Thanks girls!! It's a steep re-learning curve, up a few times at night, staying up from 3-5:30am...but she's such a love! I know we'll get her schedule straightened out soon.

I've been back to LC all week, and eating maybe 1000-1200 cals a day and still only at 175lbs. Man. This thyroid is making weight loss, even the water you lose with the first week of LC impossible! Crazy! So, now I'm reconsidering LC again. I agree with all of you that consistency is key, but for me, I consistently gain or STS not matter what plan I follow!! And I haven't lifted either, so so should drop a bit from the water loss there. .

Aside from that I'm tired but happy. I've got to run around this morning. Take the baby to her first pediatrician appt, pick up dd(16) who's car is in the shop...then I have to feed her volleyball team at an away game at 4:00, after dropping her to the bus at 2:00! should be a busy and challenging day on 3 hours sleep! hoping Zoe is good in the car seat today.

Have a good one! Wish I could say my meds were working and I was finally feeling good and losing..,but maybe at my next appt she'll put me on something different.

Old 10-18-2016, 10:23 AM   #254
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Man Julie that sounds really frustrating!!! I sure hope you get things worked out with the DOC.

So happy that you get to enjoy the little baby though, It seems like yesterday I was doing the same with my DGS!! You are so busy though, so rest when our IF you can!..

Nothing new to report here, just staying the course!!!
Old 10-19-2016, 06:54 AM   #255
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Hump Day! Glad the week seems to be going by quickly.

Quick post, to just say to all, and am glad to see we're all still in the fight.

Julie I have to take time to respond to your post. I bet you are tired with a newborn and hypo, but the love you are showering and receiving will get you through it as your already know. Ugh, I so understand the struggle, unfortunately. I'm either at a standstill or keep going up the same few pounds..then down again, but not enough to feel like I'm making real progress. It's frustrating how difficult is it to not lose weight being hypo. It seems only drastic changes like one meal a day, shakes, or very low calories, move the scale at least for me. You're right, just doing low carb even in the beginning days doesn't drop the initial water weight like before. I'm in the same boat as you now because the doc had to adjust my meds recently too... TSH levels were high again and I was feeling it. I can say that when I was at an optimal TSH level it was a bit easier, but the challenge is your body staying at that level with the same dosage over time. I'm still new at this, and have already had to have my dosage changed 2-3 times (can't remember for sure).... I hope you're able to find your happy ground.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:48 AM   #256
ButterBaconBurgers
Senior LCF Member

Hey Ladies!

Sounds like we're all hanging in there. Julie, your experience with your little girl sounds amazing. My FBG was back down to 84 this morning, so that made me feel better. I received Dr. Fung's new fasting book yesterday, it was just released yesterday. Tons of good information. I'll be diving into that over the next few weeks. I've changed my fasting schedule from 1 60 hour per week back to 2 36 hour per week. So ... FASTING today, lol!

Had a great workout at the gym this morning.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:08 AM   #257
julieboolie

Heather-glad you're back down! I know it's a relief! Hope the 2 fasts are easier to manage!! Enjoy the book and the experiment...I'm a scientist and usually experiment on myself too!

Shari- sorry you're struggling too! It is so frustrating to do all the right things and still not make any progress! In the back of my mind I wonder what it would be like if I stopped struggling? How fast would I Gain? our only option to keep fighting and at least stop the gaining. But it really stinks! And thanks on the baby, she is such a little joy!

Deb-thanks! Your dgs seems big compared to baby Z. She such a sweet little baby, and I just love this time with her!! So much love!!

Scale holding steady at 175, saw 174 one day. So frustrated. Decided not to waste the "golden" losses of going back to LC until my meds are better and it'll actually work. That, plus it is really hard to cook and stock LC with a newborn on hand! I've barely eaten the last few days and am still not losing...thankfully next week I see the endocrinologist again after doing blood work on Monday. I hope she'll add something new for me. But even with that, I'm still so thankful for this season in our lives. This little baby is SUCH a bundle of Joy! Counting my blessings for sure!

Hope the weekend is full of fun for you all!

Old 10-20-2016, 07:30 AM   #258
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Heather-glad you're back down! I know it's a relief! Hope the 2 fasts are easier to manage!! Enjoy the book and the experiment...I'm a scientist and usually experiment on myself too!

Shari- sorry you're struggling too! It is so frustrating to do all the right things and still not make any progress! In the back of my mind I wonder what it would be like if I stopped struggling? How fast would I Gain? our only option to keep fighting and at least stop the gaining. But it really stinks! And thanks on the baby, she is such a little joy!

Deb-thanks! Your dgs seems big compared to baby Z. She such a sweet little baby, and I just love this time with her!! So much love!!

Scale holding steady at 175, saw 174 one day. So frustrated. Decided not to waste the "golden" losses of going back to LC until my meds are better and it'll actually work. That, plus it is really hard to cook and stock LC with a newborn on hand! I've barely eaten the last few days and am still not losing...thankfully next week I see the endocrinologist again after doing blood work on Monday. I hope she'll add something new for me. But even with that, I'm still so thankful for this season in our lives. This little baby is SUCH a bundle of Joy! Counting my blessings for sure!

Hope the weekend is full of fun for you all!
That is so awesome Julie!! A newborn needs that love and support! I know you can't say anything about the situation, but I do kind of feel bad for the mother who can't bond with baby Z. Thank GOD the baby has you and your family!!

I also hope they get things figured out with your thyroid. Frustrating!!

Heather, glad your numbers are back down!!!

Shari, Pati, Izzy Hope all is well!!
Old 10-20-2016, 10:48 AM   #259
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Hi Deb, Shari, Pati, Heather and Julie! Hope I didn't miss anyone!
I got 7 hours of sleep last night and it's a much better pain day today! A friend is in a play tonight so my friend R is taking me and we are having dinner at the venue at 6:30 and the play will start at 8:00 tonight. So excited to be able to move around with minimal Fibro pain today! hooray! Looking forward to an evening out! I don't take anything for granted these days!
Old 10-20-2016, 11:41 AM   #260
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzysdream View Post
Hi Deb, Shari, Pati, Heather and Julie! Hope I didn't miss anyone!
I got 7 hours of sleep last night and it's a much better pain day today! A friend is in a play tonight so my friend R is taking me and we are having dinner at the venue at 6:30 and the play will start at 8:00 tonight. So excited to be able to move around with minimal Fibro pain today! hooray! Looking forward to an evening out! I don't take anything for granted these days!
YAY!! Great to hear!! you have a great time tonight!!
Old 10-21-2016, 12:12 PM   #261
ButterBaconBurgers
Senior LCF Member

Julie, It sounds like you're having such a rich experience with your newborn and she's so lucky to have you. Years ago, a lady told me about volunteering to hold newborns at hospitals? TOUCH is so critical. It's wonderful to be able to give that to someone, as it can help them their entire life!

Izzy, awesome on your sleep! Gosh, it makes a difference, doesn't it?

Shari and Deb, Hello!!!!!!

I'm pretty much on cruise control for the moment.

TGIF, All!
Old 10-23-2016, 07:22 AM   #262
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies!

Don't mean to be MIA, time just get away from me...before I know it, I'll look up and realize it has been days since I posted. Scale being okay for now, but still going up and down the same pounds. I went all the way up to 193.8, back down to 189.8 yesterday, so you see no real progress. I know someone personally that started a keto diet for 4 months...lost 40lbs! She looks fantastic!! She said she just followed the plan and it wasn't until after a good month and a half that the weight really started falling off. She encouraged me so much, saying give it a good 4 to 6 weeks before I throw in the towel because the body doesn't have a choice but to release pounds with inches...it's just plain old biology. Although I'd already resigned to stay low carb no matter what right now, seeing her really helped me to feel that this could work, just gotta give it more time than I want to see results.

Izzy!! Good seeing you again, so happy to read that you had a good night's sleep with minimal pain. Hope you enjoyed the show and continue to have better days.

Julie, Heather, Deb!!

Last edited by shari; 10-23-2016 at 07:24 AM..
Old 10-23-2016, 03:07 PM   #263
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey ladies!

Don't mean to be MIA, time just get away from me...before I know it, I'll look up and realize it has been days since I posted. Scale being okay for now, but still going up and down the same pounds. I went all the way up to 193.8, back down to 189.8 yesterday, so you see no real progress. I know someone personally that started a keto diet for 4 months...lost 40lbs! She looks fantastic!! She said she just followed the plan and it wasn't until after a good month and a half that the weight really started falling off. She encouraged me so much, saying give it a good 4 to 6 weeks before I throw in the towel because the body doesn't have a choice but to release pounds with inches...it's just plain old biology. Although I'd already resigned to stay low carb no matter what right now, seeing her really helped me to feel that this could work, just gotta give it more time than I want to see results.

Izzy!! Good seeing you again, so happy to read that you had a good night's sleep with minimal pain. Hope you enjoyed the show and continue to have better days.

Julie, Heather, Deb!!
Very encouraging Shari!!! Wow on losing 40 pounds in 4 months doing Keto! It is also nice to know that it just takes time in most cases. YAY!!

No weight loss AGAIN!!!!!!! grrr. So onward and downward.. Going to just buckle down and keep on going...
Old 10-24-2016, 12:11 PM   #264
ButterBaconBurgers
Senior LCF Member

Hey Ladies!

Shari, Yes, keep the faith!

If our set point is controlled hormonally as Dr. Fung sez, what you shared makes sense, i.e. it took your friend a month or so of eating keto for her insulin levels to lower enough so she could lose weight.

I had a WILD & WOOLY treat weekend & my FBG showed me I'm not bulletproof. Oh Darn! As Fung would say: You've still got more work to do.

I didn't go "off my plan" but I did push the limits

Any who, I kept right on keeping on with my lovely fast yesterday and psychologically being gentle with myself

Had a great fasted workout this morning! Now an eating day ...
Old 10-25-2016, 08:24 AM   #265
julieboolie

Heather-that is part of it, right? Living life, learning how your body responds, not giving up getting right back to plan...you're doing great! Does Fung say anything about thyroid patients? I'm searching for successful weight loss with hypothyroidism and not finding much . Hope your numbers settle right back to your good normal range!

Deb-sorry for the no loss. That stinks! But keeping on is your best bet, and like your earlier post, not quitting and throwing in the towel with discouragement is key to long term success! You can do it!!

Shari-what an encouragement! Wow! (Sneaks off to research keto...) that sounds good! It so hard to stick with it when the scale is being mean! But that's a powerful visual you've got...literally seeing the change it's made for her! . Hope things quiet down some and you're feeling well and getting some good feedback on the scale. Making some forward progress would be very encouraging I'm sure!

Izzy-I hope your night out was fun!! I'm glad you had a good day, and appreciate your perspective on not taking anything for granted! I'm right there with you!!!

Me? I've gone off the bandwagon, intentionally. LC, low cal was still causing gains, up to 177.8 their other day. I was so mad! I gave Up and at freely and indulgently on Sunday, and dropped 0.8 over night. So ridiculous!! I see the endocrinologist tomorrow and really hope she'll prescribe some T3 for me...my blood work looks a lot better, but I still feel crummy and am gaining weight for no reason, despite eating 1200 cals a day! It can't keep going like this! My T3 was bordeline low (the low number in the range) so hopefully that'll be enough to cause her to prescribe something more than synthroid. I just want to feel like my old self, have energy and motivation to clean my house and work out, and I'm not expecting a magic pill, but weeks of a significant calorie deficit should not yield a gain, should it?

On a happier note, baby Z is doing great . I'm not sure how long we'll get to keep her, but we're all loving on her like crazy and thankful for this time with her. She's growing and getting more alert and awake more each day. I can't inagein how hard it must be on her family, but we know very little about them and haven't had a court date of much info given to us yet. We just focus on loving her and taking great care of her while we have her. Knowing she could go back at any time doesn't keep us from falling in love with ehr Joe each day. That's part of the job, loving and likely eventually losing her. But for now, we're enjoying the loving part. A little more sleep would be lovely though!

Old 10-25-2016, 11:30 AM   #266
ButterBaconBurgers
Senior LCF Member

Julie, Thank you for your support Absolutely! Learning how to make all this work and be easy for reaching and maintaining my goals is where I'm at. I don't really look at things linearly anymore because, well, my experience is it's not exactly linear.

It was a strange weekend But I did follow my FIRM & FAST rule: if you're going to INDULGE ... YOU MUST ENJOY!!!!!

Which I did Well, mostly!

So, I checked the index in Fung's fasting book and no thyroid. But I went to his intensivedietarymanagement website and did a search on thyroid and 6 articles came up ... I don't have time to scan them, but maybe it would be worth it?

The thing is he says CICO (calories in calories out) doesn't work. Is that true? Well, he says if you eat low calorie but continue with foods that raise insulin, pretty much anything sweet, processed, refined, your insulin levels will never drop because WHAT you're eating and WHEN you're eating is keeping your insulin levels up ... assuming you have IR (Insulin Resistance) which I believe any one with excess weight does ...

Any who ... the fasting and LCHF is what lowers insulin ... As you know, I'm testing the application ... but geez, I have no idea how this interacts with thyroid issues. Do you know or have any idea how thyroid and IR might be related?

Love that, Baby Z
Old 10-25-2016, 01:36 PM   #267
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Hi Deb, Shari, Heather and Julie!
I had to think what I did that night. It was a good time but my body was ready to leave at 10:30!
On Sunday I was at my Dads and decided to do some shopping in his town. Instead of carting my stuff to the car I carried the bags. I knew I'd probably pay for it the next day but had no idea how much. Yesterday at work I was in a major flare, I could hardly use my arms and it spread to my shoulders and midback. After work I sat in my car and cried for 10 minutes, ready to give up.
Last night I slept 6 hours, was 2 hours late to work because my body was screaming "rest". This fibro thing is so mysterious and aggravating. You can't exercise or risk a flare up. Excuse me "carrying 3 bags to my car is exercise?" lol
Today I have normal pain and I am so grateful. I'm about to pay for some blood work to be done including viruses. I don't know if anything will show up but I'll retain hope.
I have dropped the diet caffeine free cokes I've been drinking for 10 years. I drink lemon water at work and dandelion root tea for breakfast (not faithful on weekends yet) Food doesn't seem to have a big impact on a flare like activity. I'm still not sure which way to go. Sorry for the length of this post.
Julie, a someone from another group has hypothyroid, she mentioned that she lost 14 pounds without dieting after her meds were right. Hang in there, it will happen! Give Baby Z a big kiss from me!

Last edited by Izzysdream; 10-25-2016 at 01:38 PM..
Old 10-26-2016, 08:49 AM   #268
julieboolie

Izzy-boy doni hope that is the case! I was really hoping it would improve with meds, but maybe with a different med or combination it'll work? Thanks for the encouragement!!
on the fibro! It's a mysterious ondituon to be sure...but I would think a diet low in inflammatory foods would help. It must be so frustrating! I hope you can figure out triggers and ways to help.

Heather-I've read that LC in general can wreak havoc on hormones and suppress thyroid...that's why I was curious about what Fung thought about it. Letting, ghrelin, etc...I love LC, and usually go back to it like home. It not only curbs my appetite but does it without feeling like I'm starving. I'm just wresting with the fact that NOTHING is working to lose a bit of this weight and the reading I've done supports that it's the thyroid-not going to lose or keep any losses off at all until/if my meds are right. Frustrating for me, but I've eaten 1000 cals for a week, and 1800 cals a few days and my weight has been the same. So, I figured I might as well eat more and keep my metabolism somewhat boosted while I wait for my thyroid to function.
SO glad you enoyed your weekend choices! That's an excellent rule! I've learned to do that too, if I'm going to indulge, I am going to savor it!!

Baby Z's case is going to court today. Met with her lawyer/rep yesterday. Praying for a good workable plan and direction. We just love her and thrilled to have her, but I'd like more info on her family and where this is going.
Dd(16)'s school volleyball team made the playoffs! I'm proud of them, but sad the season still isn't over! she's scheduled to work tomorrow but now has to go to Tucson for the game. I don't think I'll drive the 2 hours to watch the game, but we'll see.

Have a good day all! I have the endocrinologist today and we'll discuss my blood test. I feel like I need cytomel but we'll see what she says.

Old 10-29-2016, 06:44 AM   #269
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA, but I've picked up extra work hours so will not be around as much for a minute. Last weigh in still had me at 189, TOM's around the corner so hopefully some pounds will go away after his nice visit. Will try to do personals later, just wanted to come in now and say
Old 10-29-2016, 06:58 AM   #270
julieboolie

Shari- sorry for the extra work! But hope that means extra pay? hang in there with the weight...maintenance beats gaining!

I'm doing well. Saw the endocrinologist and she prescribed me some T3 to go wth my synthroid. At the risk of jinxing it, I think its helping! I fee much more like myself and hope it continues this way! It seems to wear off around 2:00, but at least I feel better until then!

Haven't weighed yet since I get up at odd times and usually at the request of a newborn, but I'm not eating much and if my thryoid is working better I should be losing something! I'll weigh in later today.

No gym still, maybe today. Hard with no energy and a little one in my arms..but I want to lift and keep up my muscles/strength.

Hope you guys are doing well! Check in when you can!