~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ~~Darci~~
Stats: Cool/Warm/HOT
WOE: Induction (AGAIN!!!)
Start Date: You Mean this time???
Beach Body Workouts

Hi everybody!

Is anyone doing a beach body program? It really doesn't matter which one you are doing, just looking for an accountability buddy. I am currently on Day 38 of P90 but I also have the 21 Day Fix and 22 Minute Hard Corps.

Darci

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2016, 01:28 PM   #2
ValR
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ValR
Stats: 178/153/140
I'm on the 2nd week of 22 Minute Hard Corps and plan to finish the whole program.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Increase water consumption
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Miles Walked in 2014: 108
ValR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:39 PM   #3
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for posting!

I'm thinking 22MHC is going to be next up for me. Are you enjoying it? The P90 is 90 days and I just finished day 38.

Do you have any other programs?
Old 08-18-2016, 02:03 AM   #4
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CopperTop
Stats: 178/123/130
WOE: Moderate carb/protein/fat/IF
Start Date: January 15, 2006
I just started my second round of 21 Day Fix. I have really enjoyed (not sure if that's the right word) the program. I am a little on the old side in age (67) and only had to modify a couple of the exercises. Total Body Cardio Fix and Dirty Thirty are intense workouts.

Also have Chalean Extreme from years ago. I like Autumn's style better than Chalean so I just ordered her new Country Heat program. Looks like it will be fun to do. Just wish you could order just the videos without the food program. Don't need those containers.

Quit smoking Jan. 10, 2007
CopperTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:05 AM   #5
ValR
Senior LCF Member

I've done Slim in 6 and lost lots of inches and really toned up. I did two rounds of Chalean Extreme and liked that, too. So far I'm loving Hard Corp. Its more cardio then I'm used to and I really like it. The program is quick and the schedule alternates cardio days with resistance days. It's a great combination if you like variety.

CopperTop- Is 21 Day Fix hard on your knees? I have the program and quit after five minutes. I've been thinking about giving it another shot in a few weeks.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 08-18-2016, 04:25 AM   #6
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValR View Post

CopperTop- Is 21 Day Fix hard on your knees? I have the program and quit after five minutes. I've been thinking about giving it another shot in a few weeks.
I think the first day is the hardest of all the days. The "surrender" exercise is one that I modify. Just have a little trouble getting up and down for that one. Have always hated "burpees" so modify that one, too. Finally able to do some of the jumping jacks in the warm-up without having to run to the bathroom.

I sometimes feel my right knee a little so I'm going to get some kind of a knee brace to use. Told my dr. just this week that I'm fighting old age as hard as I can.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:09 AM   #7
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Finished Sculpt B today so that's done for today!

Val~Sounds like 22 MHC is right up my ally. I've discovered I LOVE the resistance (sculpt) days! Not going to lie though the 22 minutes has me! From everything I've read its an INTENSE 22 minutes. I have done 21 DF but didn't think it was terrible on the knees, but it's been a bit so I'm sure Copper has a better feel for it right now

Copper~I "enjoyed" 21 DF too. I agree with the quotes. It IS only 21 days but it's intense! Plus your not old! The BB website has a success story for 21 DF of a woman in her 70's! I have been going back and forth on the Country Heat since before it came out. I want it but I have 3 other programs and haven't even done 22 MHC yet. Core de Force is coming out in November and that is something I'm getting for sure. Please review it for us after you get it!

Thanks for joining me!

Darci
Old 08-18-2016, 07:31 AM   #8
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Just watched a sample of 22MHC and that looks way harder than 21 Day Fix. I can't imagine me being able to do that one.

Now I need to check out Core de Force.

Darci--I just think Country Heat looks fun and will be good for this winter when I might not be able to get out and walk as much.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:15 PM   #9
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Copper~cid you get a chance to check core de force? It comes out in November. I'm really leaning towards picking up country heat while it still has free shipping.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:43 PM   #10
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Darci~~ View Post
Copper~cid you get a chance to check core de force? It comes out in November.
Yes, I did. Funny thing is, I had looked on the Beach Body site for some kind of kickboxing dvd just yesterday morning. I put my name on the list to be notified when it's available. Hope they offer free shipping for the introduction on that one, also. That's kind of what made me decide to go ahead and get Country Heat. Makes a big difference in the price.

I'm thinking core de force will be easy to self modify and work up to higher levels of intensity without feeling like you just can't do the exercise. Does that make sense?

Old 08-19-2016, 05:01 AM   #11
ValR
Senior LCF Member

I haven't heard about core de force. I'm going to check it out. I decided to order Country Heat and hope it doesn't hurt me since I'm really uncoordinated.

Thanks for sharing your opinions on 21 Day Fix. I'm going to start it when I'm finished with 22 minutes which I love more and more. The time goes fast and there is variety if you follow the workout schedule.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 08-19-2016, 05:34 AM   #12
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

ValR--I hope you try 21 DF again. I was a little skeptical the first day, too, but I'm glad I continued with it. I have always liked work-outs with weights more than bouncing aerobic type programs but 21 DF gets my heart rate up just fine.

As for the knee issue, for me it's more about just being older and the joints are sometimes more bothersome. Occasionally feel a twinge when I walk a lot. Still try to get at least 10,000 steps a day.

Old 08-19-2016, 06:10 AM   #13
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Sweat and Abs done for today!

Val~Really give the 21DF a try. I didn't think it was "bouncy" if that makes sense. You have me excited to try 22MHC! How many days a week is the planned program? Are the moves really extreme? I haven't watched my DVD's I'm just getting through my now program!

Copper~I was super excited when I saw the preview for core de force that's why I mentioned it. Normally they do offer free shipping with the release of new products. I am SO tempted right now to order Country Heat before it expires $12 shipping is so ridiculously expensive for shipping!

Keeping hitting play!
Old 08-19-2016, 07:36 AM   #14
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Lord, help me!!! Now I'm thinking that maybe I could do 22MHC

I'm becoming obsessed with these workouts.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:54 PM   #15
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Good evening!!

Accountability ~. W6 D6 Saturday Special is in the books. Tomorrow is my rest day so I'm going to call week 6 complete!

Copper ~ I think the 22MHC for you is fair since I had to get Country Heat! I haven't even done 22MHC!

Val~Did you get your workout done? Is Tony serious or funny in this one?

Keep pushing play!!
Old 08-21-2016, 01:34 AM   #16
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Copper ~ I think the 22MHC for you is fair since I had to get Country Heat! I haven't even done 22MHC!

Country Heat came yesterday. I watched the first routine but didn't actually do it. Steps aren't hard but once the routine starts, it is non stop for the full 30 minutes. It's a fairly large group of people and each one moves a little different so it was fun to watch. She gives really good instructions so maybe I won't trip over my own feet when I start the program.

Today will complete the first week of round 2 of 21DF. I am really pleased with the results so far. I have gained and lost weight so many times over the years that has resulted in some sagging, wrinkled skin but there is definite improvement. I'm not following the food plan but I've lost a few pounds and I feel really good.

I want to complete this round of 21DF before starting CH.

Old 08-21-2016, 12:50 PM   #17
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

It's rest day so I've done that nicely��

Copper~I am starting week 7 of 12 of P90 so still a ways to go. With 22MHC waiting. But with $12 off shipped for CH it seemed worth it. I was going to circle back to 21DF but with core de Force coming out in Nov... it's going to be a bit...I'm addicted. Seems like I'll be good through...nect year. Or until I hear of something I must have...

Are you doing the containers or low carb?
Old 08-21-2016, 03:49 PM   #18
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

No, I don't do the 21DF food plan and now I have 2 sets of containers in my closet.

I eat fairly low carb but don't count anything. I only eat two meals a day and if I have a snack, it's nuts or berries with whipped cream. I do eat steel cut oatmeal about 3 times a week for breakfast and 1/2 of a paleo 2minute muffin on the other days. My main meal is either beef or pork usually grilled and a vegetable of some kind. I get up extremely early in the morning (middle of the night for most) so I have my breakfast around 5 and then my lunch/dinner around 1. Don't usually eat anything after that.

Got my work-out done and 10,000 steps logged on the fitbit.

Looking forward to a little cooler temps this week. It has been unbearably hot and humid here for weeks.

Have a good evening--

Old 08-22-2016, 05:34 AM   #19
ValR
Senior LCF Member

Darci - 22HC is 8 weeks long. One day is a cardio and cor day. The cardio is 22 minutes and the core is about 10. The alternate day is a resistance day. The variety and quickness of the program is what hooked me. Today is the beginning of week 3 for me. I've noticed my clothes fit better and my waist is whittling away in the short time I've been doing it. I'm sure it's only noticeable to me at this point but it's very encouraging to keep on going. I've noticed that I'm not modifying moves as much which means I'm getting in better shape and have a little more endurance.

Country Heat should be arriving any day and I can't decide what to do next. I'm really tempted to try 21DF next after the encouraging comments from this thread. I'm also obsessed with Beachbody because I know the workouts give results.

The only downfall to these workouts is I'm not getting my Fitbit steps in. I see more results from the workouts but need to get walking again because it makes me feel good mentally. There isn't enough time in the day to pursue all interests.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60

Last edited by ValR; 08-22-2016 at 05:36 AM..
Old 08-22-2016, 06:19 AM   #20
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The only downfall to these workouts is I'm not getting my Fitbit steps in. I see more results from the workouts but need to get walking again because it makes me feel good mentally. There isn't enough time in the day to pursue all interests.
It helps that I'm retired and I still have trouble getting everything done.

I compete with a friend on the steps and I hate when I see on Fitbit that she is ahead of me. I have a rebounder trampoline and sometimes jump on that to get the last steps in.

Old 08-22-2016, 02:09 PM   #21
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Good Afternoon!

Accountability~W7 D1 Sweat and Abs B done!

Val~I hear you on not knowing what to do next! 22MHC and my Country Heat shipped today. I still have 5 weeks left of P90 though so time to think about it. Thought just popped into my head though! You have 5 weeks too. We can sync up for Country Heat or 21DF if you'd like! 21DF is a 7 day program though so it gets really hard near the holidays to not have ANY days off!

Copper~Way to get the steps in! I love the competitiveness! I do my BB workout at 4:30AM. I've become one of "those" people! Anyway I walk on my work breaks because I LIKE it. I have over 11K right now. Who knew fitness was addicting??? I wish I'd figured it out BEFORE I hit 40.

Keep hitting play!!
Old 08-23-2016, 02:29 AM   #22
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Starting round 2 week 2 today. I took yesterday off but did get in my 10,000 steps and noticed that I'm way ahead of my friend for now.

Really enjoyed my walk as the humidity was way down and temps in the 80's. Today is going to be even better so planning some yard work, too.

I have been pondering on how I want to proceed with my exercise plan when I finish this round of 21DF. I have only watched the first routine of CH so don't know how it progresses but, I'm thinking that I will still want something with weights. I may just have to combine CH and 21DF (or order 22MHC).
My intention for CH was for this winter when I might not be able to get out and walk as much. I didn't really plan on it as a 30 day program but more as an add on and just something fun to do.

I've had good results in a short amount of time with 21DF and don't want to let up on that.

Darci--11,000 steps Do you use a Fitbit? And for working out at 4:30, that is dedication. I get up most days by 3am and get a walk in before 6 but don't actually exercise till later in the morning.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:43 AM   #23
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Accountability~Sculpt B is done for the day!

Copper~I have an Apple Watch. I had the Charge HR until I got that. I like that it makes us more diligent to get the steps in. For my breaks at work I walk with a friend so that I'm not just sitting all day! I agree with you about CH and being all cardio! I am LOVING the resistance with P90. 22MHC also alternates with Cardio/Abs and resistance days. I too worry that if I stop doing the resistance I'll "lose it". I think many people are alternating it as a cardio day and making a hybrid of the programs. Doing the resistance days of another program and CH on cardio days. I like to try to do a whole program before I hybrid them though.

Val~Did you get your workout in?

Have a great Tuesday!!
Old 08-23-2016, 11:12 AM   #24
ValR
Senior LCF Member

I did a Hard Corp resistance program this morning.

I'm also thinking about using CH as an extra workout for cardio or instead of walking. I really like programs that use weights and need to stick with it. Weights do wonders for melting my belly fat and I look leaner then if I'm strictly walking or riding my bike.

Yesterday was a beautiful day in the midwest and cool enough to take my dog for a walk. It's the first time I've gotten my steps in since starting Hard Corp.

Darci- I'm jealous you have the Apple Watch. I've been wanting one so badly for the exercise side of it but haven't been able to get past the price. Hmmmm. Now I might need to look into them again. What are some of the things you like about it?

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 08-23-2016, 11:39 AM   #25
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Darci- I'm jealous you have the Apple Watch. I've been wanting one so badly for the exercise side of it but haven't been able to get past the price. Hmmmm. Now I might need to look into them again. What are some of the things you like about it?
Me too

I'm sure that I don't need one and probably wouldn't use a lot of the features even if I could figure them out. I don't even have a smart phone.
But I would like to have one

Old 08-23-2016, 11:53 AM   #26
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

ValR-- I feel the same about working with free weights. Last year I joined the rec center that is close to my house. It's a very small center with limited gym space and equipment. I went faithfully 5 days a week for 10 months. I did 30 min on both the elliptical and treadmill every day and the machines (only 5 of them) 3 times a week. If the basketball court was free I would also do laps a couple times a week.
I have had more noticeable results from 21DF in under 5 weeks than in 10 months going to the rec center.

I have to keep this up! I'm too old to keep going back and forth with my fitness.

Glad you got your steps in yesterday

Old 08-23-2016, 06:50 PM   #27
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Good evening!!!

I do love my Apple Watch! One the front (watch) face I have Mickey, my fitness app in the left upper corner, the weather on the bottom. It also has a HR monitor. I get texts & updates. It takes calls but I only use that if I'm alone. It does a lot stuff I don't even take advantage of. I got it to replace my Fitbit. You need an IPhone for the watch.

Totally agree that resistance training does more than cardio!!

My CH comes tomorrow!!

Darci
Old 08-23-2016, 07:48 PM   #28
ValR
Senior LCF Member

I ended up ordering the watch after viewing some of the features online.

Tomorrow morning is a cardio and core day. My alarm is set for 4 am and I'm hoping to try CH. I'm super excited!

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 08-24-2016, 07:04 AM   #29
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Accountability ~ Sweat and Sculpt B done!

Val~congrats on the watch! You are going to really like it!! Did you do CH?

Copper~Did you get your workout in??

My CH should be here today!!

Have a great day!!

Darci
Old 08-24-2016, 07:10 AM   #30
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You need an IPhone for the watch.
Darci
I want one of those, too.

Got both my steps and workout in yesterday and have had my first walk for today. Will do upper body fix in just a bit.