Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-24-2016, 06:33 AM   #31
ValR
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ValR
Stats: 178/153/140
Coppertop - Good job on getting your workout in yesterday. Maybe you should reward your self with a new phone and watch!

For some reason I couldn't get out of bed this morning. I didn't have time to try CH but did get in the core and cardio workout. Maybe I can find time to try out CH tonight. It would help me get steps in since I'm really slacking in that area.

Darci- Are there any must have apps for the watch? I saw there is something that can be downloaded to encourage drinking water but can't remember what it was. Darn it!

Eat Less, Exercise more
Increase water consumption
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Miles Walked in 2014: 108
ValR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2016, 07:21 AM   #32
ValR
Senior LCF Member

I did a resistance workout today. Last night I tried CH and it will be difficult for me to learn the moves. It's a little dancy for someone that can't walk without tripping on their own feet. I plan to do the preview that shows the moves and hopes it helps. It will definitely be a way to be more active and get some steps in.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 08-25-2016, 02:53 PM   #33
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ~~Darci~~
Stats: Cool/Warm/HOT
WOE: Induction (AGAIN!!!)
Start Date: You Mean this time???
Good afternoon!!

Accountability ~w7 D4 Sculpt B is done! I was really feeling it today but in a good way😀

funny thing this morning. Well, I didn't think it was funny at the time but now it is. During the workout you have Crab Crawls and Crab jacks. Well, they are no fun. So as I was doing them today I started mumbling and grumbling and ending up chanting "I hate crabs! I hate all crustaceans!" Where that came from I have no clue but it helped me make it through so it's all good.

Copper~ great job with the steps and workout!!

Val~is the water app you are looking for water minder?? There are several choices. This one gives a visual. I watched some CH Yesterday. Looks fun but I think it'll need to be paired with resistance. I get up @ 4:30 to workout so I hear you on not wanting to get up!

I'm off to a seminar about cruising Alaska. We are planning on next June and I've never been on a cruise or to Alaska!

Have a great night!
Old 08-25-2016, 11:08 PM   #34
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CopperTop
Stats: 178/123/130
WOE: Moderate carb/protein/fat/IF
Start Date: January 15, 2006
Crab chant-- I talk to myself a lot and often wonder where some of my thoughts come from.

Didn't quite make my step goal yesterday but did get in lower fix workout. It's going to be hot today so need to get a long walk in early this morning. My Fitbit friend is catching up.

Quit smoking Jan. 10, 2007
CopperTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:26 AM   #35
ValR
Senior LCF Member

Happy Friday!

The crab chant was funny! I overslept this morning and didn't get my workout in. It makes me feel crabby when that happens. I'm going to double up my workouts tomorrow.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 08-26-2016, 12:40 PM   #36
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Good afternoon!

Accountability~W7D5 Sweat and abs B done!

Copper~Getting your lower fix in and SOME steps even if it wasn't ALL of them is still a lot better than doing nothing! That said better get moving or the fitbit friend will win and that's bad!!

Val~Bummer about missing the workout. I get up early to do mine too and it's not always easy to do. Good job having a plan. I guess you'll be able to see if Hell Week is doable!

Tonight we are going to a comedy show and see Jeanne Robertson! Super excited!!
Old 08-27-2016, 08:14 PM   #37
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Nothing to report today. Didn't feel real well and had to go into work for a bit so had to switch my off day to today.

Have a great weekend!!
Old 08-28-2016, 02:47 AM   #38
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Hope you're feeling better today, Darci.

Got my workout in yesterday but barely made my step goal. Had to walk from room to room before going to bed.

I think I'm going to take today off from the workout and just get my steps in. It's yoga day and that's my least favorite day of 21DF. Tomorrow starts the last week of round 2. After that I have to work out my plan to mix in CH with 21DF.

ValR--Double workouts? Has your Apple watch come yet?

Old 08-28-2016, 03:29 PM   #39
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Good afternoon!!

Accountability ~ W7 D7 Saturday Special is done! Weird, I still only had 1 off day like scheduled but by switching Saturday and Sunday I feel like I cheated some how.

Val~ Did you get your workouts in?

Copper~ doesn't matter that you barely got your steps it, point is you DID get your steps in�� I think when the time comes for me to do CH I will incorporate it every other day with resistance from 22MHC or Sculpt days from P90 to keep the strength training going.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!!
Old 08-29-2016, 02:17 AM   #40
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Good morning--

Darci- I know what you mean about feeling you cheated switching your day off. I felt really lazy yesterday not doing my workout. I did need a little break though. I've been pushing pretty hard lately with step goals, exercise and my weight loss goal.

I did get in over 12,000 steps so I wasn't totally lazy. Tried out CH which gave me about 3,000 steps. It was a nice change of pace but it won't be my main workout. My plan for CH was for days that I can't walk outside this winter and something just a little different to do to break the monotony.

Val- You don't have to get the steps perfect in CH as long as you just keep moving. A few times I was a step or two behind but it didn't matter and I'm sure I didn't look very graceful. Nobody sees me but my dog so who cares

Have a great day!

Old 08-29-2016, 05:17 AM   #41
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!!

Acco****ability~ W8 D1. Sweat B is in the books. I didn't have time for Abs this morning so I will do that when I get home. I'm happy that I didn't let the fact that I didn't have time to do both stop me from doing the Sweat. I mean that IS the 35 minute portion and the Abs are less than 15 but it's progress for me getting over if I can't do it all I won't do any mentality.

Copper~Great job with the steps! For CH I think I'm going to do the same. I see a lot of people loving it as a whole program but I'm thinking more of a filler or hybrid.

Val~How are you doing? Is the watch here? Find any fun apps?

Darci
Old 08-29-2016, 06:19 AM   #42
ValR
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning! I've been sticking to my workouts. Saturday was a double up day to catch up on what I missed Friday. Yesterday was a rest day and it feels so wrong to not do anything.

My apple watch has arrived and I'm slowly figuring it out. The only apps that I have are the ones that came with it and I'm trying to figure out how they work before adding more. The one that I have been using (and loving) keeps track of your steps, exercise and how often you stand up throughout the day. It beeps if you have gone more than an hour without standing. I'm going to try taking a short walk every time it goes off at work because I sit all day.

I started week for of 22 minutes. It was a new level of resistance and a little more challenging.

CopperTop - I have three dogs and two of them always want to lay on my yoga mat and watch me workout. Whenever I do sit ups or push ups they hover over me or under me. I always end up laughing at them and it slows me down.

We are all on the same page with CH. It will certainly be an add on for me and not the focus of my workouts.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 08-30-2016, 05:18 AM   #43
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Accountability~ W8 D2 Sculpt B is done! Arms are screaming today.

I wonder why accountability has stars for yesterday? What kind of misspelling would need stars? OH!! Never mind, I think I figured it out! Anyway, I am really struggling with my eating. The workouts have been very consistent and coming along nicely, with the hardest part being getting up in the morning. But the eating....ugh. WHY can't it ever work together? I am going to try carb cycling. I ordered the book by Chris & Heidi Powell and that should be here today, I think.

Val~I LOVE the fitness app too. It motivates me to see the circle become whole Are you still loving 22MHC? I'm thinking that's next instead of 21DF.

Copper~My dog (don't tell him I called him that) works out with me too. Did you get your steps and workout done?
Old 08-30-2016, 05:32 AM   #44
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Well yesterday was a total bust. Have a family thing going on that is unsettling and couldn't get my head in the right place in the morning. Then met a former co-worker for lunch that took up three hours of my day.

Today is a new day and took a long walk early and will get my workout in soon. So again, it's day 1 of the last week of round 2 of 21DF.

Old 08-30-2016, 11:30 AM   #45
ValR
Senior LCF Member

CopperTop- Good for you on not letting life derail you. A day or two off isn't bad. Quitting would be.

Darci - I do love the rings on the fitness app. It's addicting to see them grow. I'm still wearing my Fitbit and have noticed my steps are higher on it. I wonder if my arms need to be moving more to pick up the steps. I really like the reminders to stand up during the day.

Week 4 day 2 of 22HC. I don't think I would ever get tired of this program. In the short time of doing the program my stomach has gotten smaller and more legs are toning up. It works. I want to start CH at night when I can't walk outside.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 09-01-2016, 08:42 AM   #46
ValR
Senior LCF Member

I hope you guys are still sticking with the programs even if you aren't posting. I took a rest this day because I didn't get up in time but will be back at it tomorrow.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 09-01-2016, 03:51 PM   #47
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies!!

Accountability ~W8D4 Sculpt B done! Yesterday was my sons birthday and I overslept dome to boot so I ended up with a 40 minute walk but no BB workout.

I am not doing well eating. I got Chris Powell's book on carb cycling so am getting into it and should start next week.

Val~ glad you aren't getting tired of 22MHC. I'm looking forward to it! Have you earned any fitness badges?

Copper~ hope you're still moving!!
Old 09-01-2016, 11:30 PM   #48
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Good morning--
I've gotten in my workouts every day but the steps are falling behind a little. I've been around 9,000 for the last two days so need to step it up but it won't be today or tomorrow. Waiting to see what we get from hurricane Hermine. It's forecast to cross over and head up the coast and bring heavy rain and wind to my area (Virginia Beach).

I talked to my fitness fanatic neighbor the other morning and she mentioned adding hand weights to her morning walk. She's the one who told me about 21DF and CH. And because I am so easily influenced, I came right in and ordered a set of 2lb weights. We'll see how that works out.

Darci--Do you follow any particular eating plan? I have fallen into a way that works well for me but I don't have to feed anyone else. It's much harder when you have a family or have any kind of social life. It was very difficult when I worked. I still have to be very careful. I am either all or nothing in just about everything I do. My downfall is salty snacks so I'm just one corn chip/cheese dip away from disaster.
You're so disciplined with the exercise part, you just need to find a way to eat that you can stick with.

Val Have you done CH yet? I've only done the first routine but watched the second one. It appears that they get progressively harder

Darci--Just reread your post about carb cycling. Maybe that's the plan for you. Hope so.

Last edited by CopperTop; 09-01-2016 at 11:35 PM..
Old 09-02-2016, 09:46 AM   #49
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Accountability~ W8 D5 Saturday Special done! Why Saturday Special on Friday you ask? Well, because I had an argument with myself this morning about getting out of bed and pressing play. Based on the length of the argument I only had enough time for the SS. I'm taking it for a victory because I DID get out of bed and pressed play.

Copper~I have the weights that go over your hands for walking and it really does make a difference! I know I don't post it in my accountability but I normally also walk for 30-40 minutes a day because I want my fitness app to go full circle

Have a great Friday!
Old 09-02-2016, 01:24 PM   #50
ValR
Senior LCF Member

Happy Friday! Good job on getting your workouts in!!

Stay safe and dry, CopperTop. I struggle to get my steps in, too. This morning I did a Leslie Sansone walking video with weights after my regular workout. I truly believe the extra weight bearing gives better results. I try to use five pound weights and can really feel the difference in my arms when they feel like rubbery noodles.

We are supposed to have beautiful weather in the midwest and I plan on getting in lots of steps this weekend along with Hard Core. I'm going to save Country Heat for the winter when I'm stuck inside. This will work well because I'm going to do 21DF in 4 weeks.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 09-05-2016, 07:42 AM   #51
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Good morning--Hope you both are enjoying the holiday week-end.

Tropical storm Hermine hit full force here around 2am Saturday morning. I'm so glad it wasn't a hurricane cause it was still a strong system as just a TS. I didn't sleep at all because I wanted to make sure I took my dog out just before it all started. I've been through many hurricanes, tropical storms and nor'easters over the years and they still make me really uneasy.

So Saturday I did no exercise and the only steps were from just walking around the house. Spent most of the day hoping the water didn't rise and the trees didn't fall
Sunday the clean-up started. Had a large tree limb fall on my fence so that had to be cut in manageable lengths for the city to haul away tomorrow. I don't have a chain saw (I keep saying I need to buy one) so had to do it with just a hand saw. Raking and bagging the rest of the debris today.

Good news is--got in 13,000 steps yesterday and already have just under 10,000 today and it's only 10:30.

Used my hand weights Friday for my walk and it really does make a difference. I could feel it in my hips Saturday morning. Mine are only 2lbs. I can't imagine using 5lbs.

I'm going to declare round 2 of 21DF officially over and I think I will combine 21DF and CH for the next week or two. Probably 4 days of 21DF and 3 of CH and see how that works.

I have to tell you guys--my weight is the lowest it has been in over 20 years. I am in the 120's. Granted it was 129.6 but I saw it. I was at 147 back in May. I'm sure it will bounce back up as soon as I do another weight work-out but I was so excited this morning.

Wow--didn't mean to write a book

Have a great day

Last edited by CopperTop; 09-05-2016 at 07:45 AM..
Old 09-05-2016, 08:51 AM   #52
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Accountability~I didn't do a work out on Saturday and Sunday was rest day. I had to work today but have gotten in a 45 minute walk. I hope to get in a BB workout today too.

Copper~Congrats on the weight! That is always wonderful to see Glad that you made it through the storm safely!! Scary, no matter how many times you go through something like that. I live in Tornado alley so, I hear you!

Val~Did you get the beautiful weather this weekend?

So, I had a bit of insomnia on Saturday night/Sunday morning and a Cize infomerical came on. Really, they shouldn't let you have access to money then....

Have a great Holiday Monday!
Old 09-05-2016, 09:44 AM   #53
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Darci~~ View Post
So, I had a bit of insomnia on Saturday night/Sunday morning and a Cize infomerical came on. Really, they shouldn't let you have access to money then....

Old 09-05-2016, 06:39 PM   #54
ValR
Senior LCF Member

CopperTop- I'm glad you are safe and sound and survived the storm. Congrats on your weight loss. That's a big accomplishment to get so low. It's so much harder when you don't have much lose.

Darci- The infomercials for Beachbody always get me. It's because I know they work and figure it's a healthy way to spend money.

Tomorrow I get back on track with workouts. I've spent the weekend cleaning and painting and didn't have time for HC. I miss the pain. Ha ha!

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 09-08-2016, 04:20 AM   #55
ValR
Senior LCF Member

I'm checking in to see if you two are still on track. I took three days off and shouldn't have. It was difficult to get back to my morning routine. This morning I started week 5 of Hard Corp which was a resistance workout. I love using weights so much more than doing cardio.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 09-08-2016, 09:07 AM   #56
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Val~I'm off track and throwing myself back on. I've walked today but no BB workout. I AM getting back at it!

Also I am SO with you on the resistance training!
Old 09-10-2016, 12:24 AM   #57
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

I'm still here but struggling a little. I've learned that I really shouldn't take even one day off because it's so easy to take another. I have to stay focused and even a little obsessed if I'm going to maintain this weight loss thru the winter.

Still walking with the weights and have made my step goal most days but not every day. Did three 21DF workouts and one CH this past week. I was laughing at myself during CH. I think I'll try and master the steps of the first two routines before I move on to the third. Like both of you, I prefer to workout with weights.

Weight is bouncing between 129.6 and 130.8. Need to cut out the almonds and cashews. I would love to get down to 125 and maintain between 125-128. I'm only about 5'1" or so and that would be a good weight for my age and frame.

Darci--have you received Cize yet? Hope you like it.

Val--I can't imagine using 5lb weights walking. I'm feeling it all over with just the 2 pounders.

Hope you both are well-

Old 09-10-2016, 02:37 PM   #58
ValR
Senior LCF Member

CopperTop- I'm happy to see you checked in. I have the same struggles as you when it comes to taking a day off and having it become a few extra days. I'm no longer taking the rest days because they let me lose motivation.

I find 5 pound weights to be manageable for about two miles before my arms turn into noodles. I have a few walking videos that use them and it's only for about 30 minutes.

Hard Corp was painful this morning. There is a third resistance workout and it was much tougher then the ones that I had done previously. My scale isn't budging but my work pants are getting loose and I'm not even to my sixth week. Portion control is my biggest obstacle. I eat healthy but just too much.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 09-13-2016, 11:32 AM   #59
ValR
Senior LCF Member

I finished up week 5 of Hard Corp. Three more weeks to go. I was flipping through my dvd's this morning and saw that I have Body Beast (unopened, of course). My addiction to these workouts has gotten to the point I'm mentally mapping out the order I want to do them. It will take me a few years to do all of the programs and I still want more.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 09-14-2016, 01:16 AM   #60
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Val, I'm anxious for you to do 21DF so you can compare it to HC in terms of difficulty. I need a new program to add to the mix. Do you have a lot of gym equipment? I only have dumbbells and a kettlebell.

I've been back on track this week and even did both 21DF and CH yesterday.
Weight is holding steady at 129-130.

Darci, how are you? Back on track?