~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ~~Darci~~
Stats: Cool/Warm/HOT
WOE: Induction (AGAIN!!!)
Start Date: You Mean this time???
Good morning ladies!!

Did P90 today and feeling good after that

Val~I can relate able wanting to do the BB programs and having them figured out. I now how (undone) 22MHC, Country Heat and Cize. Core de Force comes out in Dec too.....addicting.

Copper~I am done pretty well, thanks for asking. Food is getting under control but not perfect. Now that your doing CH what do you think?

In other news, I was laid off yesterday so if you pray I would appreciate it😀

Darci

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2016, 02:47 AM   #62
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CopperTop
Stats: 178/123/130
WOE: Moderate carb/protein/fat/IF
Start Date: January 15, 2006
Darci, I am so sorry about your job. Was it totally out of the blue? Will certainly pray that you find a new and better job soon.

As for CH, it is fun to do but it won't be my main program. It is great for getting in extra steps. Tuesday afternoon I was only at about 7500 steps and didn't want to go in the heat for another walk so did the first CH routine. That added about 3000 steps and I finished the day with over 11000. I've still only done the first two routines so don't know what the rest are like and there's an option to "turn it up" that I haven't looked at yet.

Val

Quit smoking Jan. 10, 2007
CopperTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:17 AM   #63
ValR
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ValR
Stats: 178/153/140
Darci- I'm sorry about your job. Hopefully this will lead you to something bigger and better.

Copper- I have the same kind of weights they use in Chalene Extreme and can and adjust the weight as needed. They are kind of bulky (and I can't lift a ton) so I use smaller hand weights for walking videos. Kettlebells and exercise/medicine balls are my favorite type of weights and I have a few different sizes going up to about 15 pounds. They don't take up a lot of space which is really nice. Variety is what keeps boredom away. Sometimes it gets too easy to keep doing the same thing without shaking things up.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Increase water consumption
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Miles Walked in 2014: 108
ValR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:58 AM   #64
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

At one time I had quite a bit of exercise "stuff". I had the adjustable weights, an elliptical, treadmill, bike, step/risers, ankle weights and resistance bands. I live in a small townhouse and I just got tired of seeing it all and was in a lazy, fat and feeling old time of my life so I gave my daughter the treadmill and sold the rest.

So now I just have 2, 5 and 8# dumbbells and a 15# kettlebell and a yoga mat. All of that fits in the corner of my closet. Oh and I also have a rebounder that is in the corner of my living room. I've never done anything with a medicine ball. What do you do with yours?

What equipment is needed for 22MHC?

Worked in the yard this morning so didn't get a workout in but plan to do CH this afternoon. Had a hair appt. and several errands yesterday so no workout. Have to do something today. But I did get in my early morning walks yesterday and today.

Darci--Sending good thoughts and positive vibes for you

Old 09-15-2016, 01:25 PM   #65
~~Darci~~
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ~~Darci~~
Stats: Cool/Warm/HOT
WOE: Induction (AGAIN!!!)
Start Date: You Mean this time???
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers I truly appreciate them. I knew there was a lay off coming but my dept was already so short staffed that I really wasn't expecting it. God has a plan, even if it's not mine.

Copper~sounds like we have the same equipment. Except the kettle ball. And I have a 3lb weight instead of 2. I hadn't thought of using the CH for steps.Good idea!

Val~do you still love 22MHC? I'm really thinking it's next.

Accountability~Completed Sculpt today. I think it's good to stick to a routine as much as I can.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:31 AM   #66
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

So "turn it up" in CH is just louder music.

Old 09-16-2016, 05:26 AM   #67
ValR
Senior LCF Member

CopperTop- The mystery is solved about "turn it up". Your description made me laugh and my dog is looking at me like I'm crazy.

A medicine ball is a ball that is weighted. They come in different weights. There are a few videos that use them and it just adds variety to your workouts.

I'm still going strong with Hard Corp and still love it. There are some moves that I will always modify like burpees. I do push ups instead or squats. My knees are very healthy at 49 and I want to keep them that way. Even with modifications my legs are looking leaner and slightly muscular which is what I want. Leg muscles are great for burning fat so I'm all about working them.

My Beachbody addiction is worse then I realized. Piyo and Brazilian Butt Lift are also part of my collection that have been unused and forgotten about. It just adds more pressure on deciding what to do in the future. I'm still going to do 21DF next to see how it compares to hard core.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 09-16-2016, 06:13 AM   #68
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValR View Post
My Beachbody addiction is worse then I realized. Piyo and Brazilian Butt Lift are also part of my collection that have been unused and forgotten about. It just adds more pressure on deciding what to do in the future. I'm still going to do 21DF next to see how it compares to hard core.
Oh good--I am looking forward to your comparison of 21DF and HC. I am almost ready to order HC. Did you get those sandbag thingies he uses?

My hairdresser has Piyo and I borrowed it right after I got 21DF. In all fairness, I only watched the very beginning but it just seemed a little boring to me. Chalean is not nearly as animated as Autumn. I really like Autumn.

So the Navy Exchange has the Apple Watch $50 off right now!!! Still don't have an iPhone either but considering getting rid of my home phone and getting an iPhone. Waiting to see if the previous model goes down after the 7 comes out.

Darci, I agree you should keep your routine the same. Exercise helps the mind just as much as the body. Hang in there.

Old 09-17-2016, 12:37 PM   #69
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Well ladies, I have an Apple Watch!! Now I have to get an iPhone. I just couldn't pass up the $199.99 price at the Exchange. Supplies were getting low for that price so I was afraid to wait. I got the white one but already want a couple more color bands.

Trying to decide on a phone, a plan and a carrier. Leaning towards the 6s plus 16GB and Verizon's 2GB data plan. Verizon's data plan is $35 for 2GB, $50 for 4GB and AT&T is 3GB for $40. If I order at the Exchange, Verizon has a $200 rebate so that may be the deciding factor.

Also got a great deal on a new 13" MacBook Air. It's last years model but it was $894 with 10% additional off and 18 months no interest if I opened a NEX store card. Planned to get a new computer after Christmas anyway so went ahead and got it today.

Expensive morning--should have stayed home and done a workout

Not sure what I'm going to do with my fitbit. I don't want to give it up but it will look funny with both on my wrist.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:51 AM   #70
ValR
Senior LCF Member

CopperTop- I'm so excited about your purchase. I hope you love it. I haven't been wearing mine much because I'm still in short sleeves at work and have some bracelets to match my clothes. I need more bands to coordinate with my clothes. The Navy exchange is amazing. The only thing I miss about my ex-husband was his ability to use the exchanges.

The weekend was busy and I didn't get any workouts in. The worst part was forgetting where I'd left off and I may be repeating a few days but I'm back at it. Instead of purchasing the sandbag I'm using a 20 pound dumbbell. It's one of that you can dial up the weight and has worked well. It's actually time to bump up the weight a little bit.

Chalean Extreme was a long program but one that gave me great results. I'm thinking about adding doing it after 21DF and combining it with something else like Country Heat. The days will soon be shorter that I don't want to be outside so much that doing dvd's at night won't be bad.

Darci- Hopefully things are going okay with you.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 09-20-2016, 07:16 AM   #71
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Good morning--
I'm very thankful to still have exchange, commissary and medical privileges after my divorce. I was married 27 years and 22 of those years were in the military.

I ended up ordering the iPhone 6s plus 64GB. It is out for delivery today. I hope it doesn't take too long to learn how to use it!!

I still have Chalean Extreme. Maybe I'll do that one again. It's been a long time so I don't remember much about it. My neighbor is going to loan me 22MHC to try, also.

I've really been having fun with CH. The time goes by really fast. Still just using it as an add on.
Weight was down to 127.2 this morning
Haven't changed my food so it must be the extra CH workout.

Darci-hope you're okay.

Old 09-24-2016, 05:01 PM   #72
ValR
Senior LCF Member

I haven't checked in for awhile and decided that to give an update. I had two weeks of Hard Core left and boredom was kicking in so I decided to take a break. The programs that go for several weeks or even a couple of months get kinds of repetitive and I don't always feel like I'm progressing. To shake things up I am going to do Chalean Extreme (it's broken down into twelve workouts for each phases which I can handle) and want to start 21 DF on Monday.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 09-25-2016, 03:03 AM   #73
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Happy to see this thread pop back up.
I've been doing both 21DF and CH. Some days I do both and other days I alternate. I did pull out Chalean Extreme and will look at that again, too.

Finally figuring out a few things with the Apple watch and it's certainly different than fitbit. Felt like I exercised all day yesterday to get those circles to go all the way around.
Took off the fitbit and just using the watch for now. I didn't like both of them on my wrist. I wish now that I hadn't given my little zip to my hairdresser because it would just clip on my bra out of sight.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:04 AM   #74
ValR
Senior LCF Member

I still need to figure out more things with the Apple Watch. I answered a phone call with it the other day and it was so odd. It made me feel like I was a spy when I was speaking into my wrist.

It takes all day trying to get the circles closed up. The easiest one is when you have to stand up so many times per day. The others are more challenging and require actual effort. I used to have the zip and always clipped it to my bra, too. Now I use the One and it's a little bigger. The only thing that I don't like is it sticks out on my waistband and makes me look lumpy (I don't wear flowy clothes that would hide it).

My weight has crept up and I've been telling myself it was because I'm doing different workouts then walking. I've been lying to myself for a few weeks thinking 22 minutes of exercise is all I need each day. While browsing Pinterest this morning, I saw picture that said you should walk 30 minutes or 3 miles every day to keep from gaining weight. It's time to add walking back into my day through CH, the treadmill, or going outside.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 09-25-2016, 07:22 AM   #75
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I still need to figure out more things with the Apple Watch. I answered a phone call with it the other day and it was so odd. It made me feel like I was a spy when I was speaking into my wrist.

Seriously considering getting a Fitbit One--how crazy is that! I tried putting the Alta on my right wrist but that bothered me so then I put it on the left with the watch and didn't like that either. So just took it off for now.

I think walking helps with the weight, too. My weight is staying pretty steady at 127.4-128.2. The day after a work-out with weights it is 128 but after just a cardio day it goes back to the lower weight. I'm fine with that.

Darci--

Old 09-27-2016, 10:11 AM   #76
ValR
Senior LCF Member

Darci- I hope you are okay.

CopperTop- I think it's funny you are thinking about getting a different fitbit because I'm the same way. The apple watch and fitbit both promote fitness but they do it differently and I like having both trackers. It's awesome that your weight is holding steady. You are doing great!

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 09-29-2016, 12:09 PM   #77
BuffyTVS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BuffyTVS
Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind if I pop in here! I'm definitely a Beachbody fan. Have done (and really liked) Slim in 6, Slim Series, Turbo Jam, TurboFire (my favorite!), 21 Day Fix and 21Fix Extreme.

I have also done T25 but - although I like Shawn T - I can't say that I truly "liked" those workouts. OH and I also own Yoga Booty Ballet but I could NOT get into it--at all!

My question to you BB fans is: has anybody tried Cize? The infomercials are so intriguing. (but aren't they all?? LOL) I like to dance, but would not say I'm a "good dancer", so I don't know if this would be up my alley or not.

Thanks for any input.
BuffyTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 01:10 PM   #78
ValR
Senior LCF Member

Welcome, Buffy. It's so nice to have another Beachbody fan join in. Cize is probably the one workout that I don't own. It looks dancy and that doesn't work when you are a klutz...it's why Turbo Jam never worked for me. The coordination wasn't there to stick with it. Slim in 6 gave me incredible results and got me hooked on the workouts. Do you find a program and stick with it for the recommended number of weeks?

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 09-29-2016, 03:00 PM   #79
BuffyTVS
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Welcome, Buffy. It's so nice to have another Beachbody fan join in. Cize is probably the one workout that I don't own. It looks dancy and that doesn't work when you are a klutz...it's why Turbo Jam never worked for me. The coordination wasn't there to stick with it. Slim in 6 gave me incredible results and got me hooked on the workouts. Do you find a program and stick with it for the recommended number of weeks?
Hi Val - thank you! Yes so I started with Slim in 6 (and then the follow up, Slim Series) back ...oh gosh it was probably 10 years ago now! I did those workouts exclusively for a good year I'd say (well exclusively "at home" as I also belonged to a gym and did kickboxing and step classes). I had amazing results too!

I'd say 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme were actually the only BB sets I completed as written. Now, I didn't use the containers and my eating was only so-so while doing them, so I didn't get crazy weight and inch loss. But I really felt great and MUCH more fit after I completed those rotations. I felt much firmer all over too.

I understand what you mean about coordination. When I first got Turbo Fire I could NOT seem to get the moves down. I was so frustrated. I was THIS close to giving it away when suddenly something "clicked" and I just got it. It was like night and day. That's why I was wondering if Cize might be the same way... a little frustrating to pick up at first, but then doable after practicing. Hmmm... something to ponder. I mean it's not like I NEED any more workouts. But, that doesn't stop me from wanting them!
Old 10-01-2016, 05:21 AM   #80
sails92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sails92
Stats: 330/330/199
WOE: Low Carb / Exercise
Start Date: 10/01/2016
Can anyone recommend exercise video for extreme obese person with bad knees?
Old 10-01-2016, 12:27 PM   #81
BuffyTVS
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sails92 View Post
Can anyone recommend exercise video for extreme obese person with bad knees?
I would maybe start with some in-home walking programs. Leslie Sansone has a ton of them and they are great. Jessica Smith is another instructor with some awesome walking workouts. And she has many that you can try for FREE on YouTube.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:59 PM   #82
ValR
Senior LCF Member

Sails- I agree with Buffy on walking videos. Leslie Sansone would be perfect. The Biggest Loser has a walking video that I LOVE. I never get bored with it and you can use light weights with a few of the four walks which helps firm things up.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 10-03-2016, 02:42 AM   #83
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Sails, I agree with the others. Walking would be best to start with either indoors to one of the videos Val suggested or outdoors if you like. I am lucky that I live in a small neighborhood that has no busy streets and there's a path that goes thru the woods. I love to walk and find it a great way to start my day.

Buffy, I'm the same as Val on the coordination thing. I have never been able to get my feet and arms working at the same time. I love to dance and was always pretty good but that was back in the day when dancing was a little different. So I don't think I could do the Cize workout.

Val, I thought about you the other day when my watch rang while I was walking thru Lowes. Phone was in my purse and easy to pull out so I didn't talk to the watch

I really like the watch and I'm glad I got it but I think I'm still going to get another fitbit. I miss the competition with my friend on the steps. Most days I get the 10,000 steps but the watch doesn't make a big deal out of it

Weight was 125.6 this morning. That makes 21.4 lost since May

Old 10-04-2016, 05:58 PM   #84
ValR
Senior LCF Member

CopperTop- It's nice to see you posting. Isn't it weird when your watch starts ringing? It kind of startles me. I just figured out how to track exercise on the watch. There is a green app with a black figure running. When you open it up you can pick your exercise and start it kind of like a stopwatch. I'm still trying to figure it out but I think it helps make the exercise ring move faster. My explanation isn't very technical. Have you gotten any new watch bands yet?

I still use Fitbit because of the challenges with other people. It's motivating.

I've been doing Chalean Extreme and finishes up the third week. Three more workouts and then it's time for the next segment. The variety is helping fight boredom.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 10-05-2016, 12:06 AM   #85
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Val
Yes, I've been using the exercise app and I think it does help to close up all the rings. I open the app for my walk and for my 21DF and CH workouts. I just use the "other" option. Hard part is remembering to end the session when I'm finished. Have you updated your watch to the ios3? Now there are several options to name the workout so I use "mixed cardio".

The calorie goal is the one that is the hardest to reach. I wasn't sure what I should set it.
I haven't gotten any new bands yet but will probably get a black one first and wait till spring for the fun colors. I love the watch but still missed the Fitbit so I got the One yesterday.

Still alternating my workouts and just waiting for the new CdF to be available.
Have you tried 21DF yet?

Old 10-07-2016, 01:39 PM   #86
ValR
Senior LCF Member

Hi CopperTop! I haven't updated the watch and will need to do that so I can have more options. I can never find the button to to stop the watch after a workout. Somehow I scroll through everything but the I need.

I haven't looked at the calorie app. There are so many things the watch can do and I'm not using it to it's full potential. Do you like your new phone? You have made quite a few upgrades to accomodate your healthful lifestyle.

We are similar because I'm wearing my Fitbit clipped to my bra everyday. I can't give it up because it's just as motivating as the watch but in a different way.

I still need to start 21 DF. I've been doing Chalean and walking at least one mile a day. My exercise is not where it should be.

When does CdF come out? The previews look so good but I'm worried it takes more coordination then what I'm used to. A girl at work has been doing Hammer and Chisel and hates it. That's my clue that it's a program I would love since we don't like the same things. I'm kind of eyeing that program but don't think that I deserve to buy it until I've tried out the unused Beachbody programs.

Have a great weekend.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 10-13-2016, 07:42 AM   #87
BuffyTVS
Senior LCF Member

I installed the Beach Body On Demand "station" on my Roku player and WOW---what a treasure trove of workouts! While they don't have some of the newer workouts like Cize, 22 Hard Corp or PiYo - there are still SO many to choose from.

I have done the "new" Slim in 6 workouts the past few days and forgot how challenging they are (these are the ones that Debbie re-filmed in 2010 I think - the original Si6 workouts I owned were on VHS and filmed in the early 2000s). My booty is on fire!
Old 10-13-2016, 08:04 AM   #88
ValR
Senior LCF Member

I loved Slim in 6 and had incredible results from it. It's been a few years since I've done the workout but I haven't forgotten how badly it hurt but in a good way.

I've just started the second phase of Chalean Extreme and love the changes I'm seeing from lifting weights. I need to add cardio but haven't found time to add in Country Heat.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 10-14-2016, 06:58 AM   #89
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

I thought about doing Beachbody on Demand but I'm hesitant to have a recurring payment with them after a recent unpleasant experience.
When I ordered Country Heat I did the 3 payments. About the time my second payment was due, my credit card was compromised. Chase immediately shut down my card and issued a new one. I called Beachbody and gave them a different card to use for 2nd and 3rd payment. Customer service person said everything was fine, no problem. I didn't think anything else about it.
About two weeks later I got a letter saying my account had been turned over to their collections dept for the balance due on my account--$39.98.
Again I called and was told that my payment should have been done manually after my first call so he was going to process the $39.98 owed and remove my account from collections. Fine!
When the charge appeared on my card it was for $43 and some odd cents. I didn't bother to call about that but just took it as a lesson learned. I'm assuming they charged me interest.

Sorry for the long story--still angry over the whole thing. I have never been late for a payment in my life and pay the balance in full every month so was upset that this would put a ding on my credit.

Val-You seem to be avoiding 21DF
I'm still alternating 21D and CH. Think I might start Chalean Extreme soon.

Love my Apple Watch and still using the Fitbit also. Do you have a big difference in your step counts? Some days it's pretty close but other days there's a huge difference-like 3000. Can't figure it out.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:51 AM   #90
ValR
Senior LCF Member

I've had horrible experiences with recurring payments from Beach Body and it was one of the reasons that I didn't do the on demand program plus I have most of their programs anyway. That includes the one that I'm avoiding which is 21 DF. I'm not sure why I'm putting it off.

Coppertop- Thank you for telling me about the iwatch update. The new face screens had one that was perfect for my needs and now I absolutely love using the watch. I can easily track my activities and it makes the ring close much faster. I'm still using my fitbit. Some days my steps can be comparable and other times they are miles apart. Literally!

Now that I've figured out the watch my red ring (move) is finally getting to my goal every day with a lot of work because I have it set for 500 calories. I'm hoping to see some physical changes if I keep up the walking and weights. Of course, I think there should already be changes after five days of sticking to things

It's supposed to be rainy this weekend. I need to try Country Heat again so that I can do the workout without tripping. I will even try 21 DF because its the only way to compare it with Hard Corp.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60