Forum Jump

Old 10-14-2016, 10:19 AM   #91
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CopperTop
Stats: 178/123/130
WOE: Moderate carb/protein/fat/IF
Start Date: January 15, 2006
500 calories?? I have my goal at 300 and some days I have trouble getting that.

As for the watch update--the only reason I found out about that is I kept seeing the Minnie Mouse face and I only had Mickie and I wanted Minnie One of the benefits of being retired is I have the time to find the answers to all my silly questions.
Did you discover that Minnie tells the time out loud if you tap the face?

I put the exercise and the activity little icons on both top corners of the face and the day and date across the bottom.

Quit smoking Jan. 10, 2007

Last edited by CopperTop; 10-14-2016 at 10:20 AM..
CopperTop is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2016, 11:40 AM   #92
ValR
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ValR
Stats: 178/153/140
Now I'm going to try out Minnie for a day just so I can hear her voice. I set my watch up with icons in each corner. I have the temperature, activity rings, the activity app and the music app on mine. Have you seen the little man run when you are doing an activity? It's so cute but I can't workout and watch the little guy run at the same time. The only reason I have my calorie goal so high is that I eat too much and need to lose at least 10 pounds.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Increase water consumption
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Miles Walked in 2014: 108
ValR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 12:17 AM   #93
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

I don't see the little running man Maybe something different in my settings I'm never sure of the settings.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:04 AM   #94
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

So I found the little running man and then I couldn't get rid off him
I finally realized that he was on the clock face and I've never gone to that during any walk or workout. I finally had to restart the watch. I guess it froze because I couldn't get the workout to end so the little man just kept running.

I did buy a black watchband for winter.

Last edited by CopperTop; 10-16-2016 at 05:05 AM..
Old 10-16-2016, 07:08 AM   #95
ValR
Senior LCF Member

That is funny about your runninto man. It's hard to find the stop button on the screen.

I bought a rose gold band to dress up my watch for work but haven't switched it over yet. Black is on my wish list.

I finally tried 21 DF and did the whole cardio program. Once I made it past the surrenders it wasn't too bad. Jumping jacks and running always makes me pee my pants and this video accomplished that. I used 10 pound weights and struggled but it felt good to be pushed. My opinion is that it targets core muscles more then Hard Corp but it's been awhile and I could be wrong. I need to visit Beachbody and find the chart that compares workouts and see what they say. I will continue on with 21DF and keep doing Charlene Extreme. My arms feel look noodles. That workout must' end packed a whallop.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 10-16-2016, 07:39 AM   #96
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

I'm glad to hear that you tried 21DF. Total body cardio and dirty thirty are the hardest days but they are all good workouts. I think it's a good program for dropping the pounds even if you don't follow the eating plan. The pace is such that even if it's not a cardio day, it still gets the heart rate up quite a bit.
I haven't gotten bored with it yet and my weight is down a little more to 124.4. Really don't want to lose any more but I don't want to change anything either.

I think CdeF isn't due out until Dec. now. I hope it's a good one.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:43 AM   #97
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Hey Val, Can I ask you about your Bowflex SelectTech dumbbells? Did you order them straight from Bowflex? Amazon has them $90 cheaper than Bowflex but there is some confusion as to whether it's the latest model. Do you know the model # of yours?

Years ago I had the PowerBlocks and was never really happy with them so I sold them. I only have 2, 5 and 8# weights and I think if I get into Chalean again, I need some heavier ones. I have to exercise in my living room and getting really tired of taking them back and forth. I think if I had the adjustable ones, I would just leave them in a corner.

I'd appreciate any info you can give me.

This fitness obsession of mine is getting quite costly!!

Old 10-17-2016, 08:18 AM   #98
ValR
Senior LCF Member

Coppertop- I completely agree about our fitness obsession getting expensive. It's so addicting when you are in the right frame of time.

When I got my bowflex weights they were from a sporting goods store. The weights were about $200 and the rolling frame/holder was $100. That was probably about 15 years ago. I'm not sure what model mine are and will try checking when I get home. They may be very outdated. The weights are pricey but worth it because of their compact size. I've worked my way up to 30 pounds for Chalean Extreme and love the weights for their versatility.

Holy Aches and Pains! I did the upper body fix and my body is so sore. Nineteen days left until I get my first round done. I'm trying to figure out how to combine it with CE and still be able to get my fitbit steps in.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 10-17-2016, 08:34 AM   #99
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Thank you--I appreciate the info. They are now $259 on Amazon and $349 at Bowflex and Dick's Sporting Goods. Many years ago I remember seeing them at the Exchange. I think I'll go there in the morning and see if they still carry them. I have a scratch off coupon that is good thru tomorrow.

So other than the aches and pains, how do you like 21DF so far?

Old 10-18-2016, 11:24 AM   #100
ValR
Senior LCF Member

Coppertop- I looked at the Bowflex weights and there isn't a model number or name on mine. It took me awhile to get used to them as they seem kind of bulky (wide) compared to hand weights that have a specific weight. Now that I've gotten used to them it makes me so happy to have them and the variety in weight along with taking up a small amount of space.

21DF is impressing me far more than HC. My body aches everywhere but I feel energized. HC is a good program but it's like taking gym class in the 1980's. It's a lot of jumping and burpees and required a lot of modifying for me. I like 21DF because I'm able to keep up and do the exercises without modifying but get an amazing workout using a 10 pound weight which feels a lot heavier.

Youtube has workouts that you could use for free. I always see ones that interest me but haven't figured out how to find them a 2nd time if they are worth repeating.

I hope all is well with Darci and think about her often.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 11-19-2016, 02:24 AM   #101
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperTop View Post
I thought about doing Beachbody on Demand but I'm hesitant to have a recurring payment with them after a recent unpleasant experience.
When I ordered Country Heat I did the 3 payments. About the time my second payment was due, my credit card was compromised. Chase immediately shut down my card and issued a new one. I called Beachbody and gave them a different card to use for 2nd and 3rd payment. Customer service person said everything was fine, no problem. I didn't think anything else about it.
About two weeks later I got a letter saying my account had been turned over to their collections dept for the balance due on my account--$39.98.
Again I called and was told that my payment should have been done manually after my first call so he was going to process the $39.98 owed and remove my account from collections. Fine!
When the charge appeared on my card it was for $43 and some odd cents. I didn't bother to call about that but just took it as a lesson learned. I'm assuming they charged me interest.
So this saga continues--Yesterday I received a letter from a debt collection agency for this same $39.90. Called them and repeated the whole long story. Lady listened and didn't comment except to say she would send it back to Beachbody. Needless to say, I am livid. Immediately filed a complaint with the BBB against Beachbody. I'm sure it won't do any good but made me feel a little better. I don't know what else to do. I have perfect credit and if this appears on my credit report--

I will NEVER order from this company again.

Hi Val--hope you are well.
Darci, if you are reading, hope things are looking up for you.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:11 AM   #102
ValR
Senior LCF Member

I despise the customer service at Beachbody. I usually get someone that I can't understand and they try to push my into buying other things. It's been so bad that I've become rude and hung up the phone on the employees and I never do it. My problem is that the programs work and I love them. The good new is Amazon sells them and I order from them. There isn't any price difference and you get the product within a few days. I bought hammer and chisel from Amazon a few weeks ago and will eventually get core de force when they have it.

I'm sorry for the crap and frustration you have CopperTop and have been through it myself.

Have been staying active? If so, what have you been doing?

Yesterday I decided to ride my exercise bike. I've had it for several years but never tried it. Well, you can't adjust the resistance (that explains the good sale price) and I have an awesone bike that does nothing that it should. I'm so disappointed. I've been spending the past week emptying out my basement and donating or throwing everything away. My plan was to arrange it into a little home workout area. I had plans for the bike but now it's worthless. ��

Darci- I hope you check in sometime. I wonder how you are.

Has anyone tried core de force? I would like to know opinions.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 11-19-2016, 08:48 AM   #103
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

Hey Val, so glad to "see" you again. I am also planning to get core de force when it's available from Amazon. My neighbor has Beachbody on demand and CdeF is already on there. She loves it!! Said it really kicks a$$--her exact words--and you definitely need a shower after.
It's suppose to be available Dec.1 but I wonder how long before it can be ordered thru Amazon.

I'm still doing my same old routine alternating 21DF and CH. I've slacked off a little and skipping a few days here and there. I don't want to lose any more weight but it gets hard to stay motivated when you aren't striving for a new number on the scale. I'm terrified that I'll start gaining if I change anything but with winter here, I need to be more focused than ever.
Sorry about the bike not being adjustable. That's disappointing. I really wish I had a room to devote to exercise. It's a pain when I do CH as I have to roll back the area rug in my living room. First world problem

Have you tried H&C yet? Thoughts?

Still love my Apple watch!

Hope you have a good week-end-

Last edited by CopperTop; 11-19-2016 at 08:52 AM..
Old 11-19-2016, 11:47 AM   #104
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

I remember now why I didn't consider getting H&C. It requires equipment that I don't have. I don't have room to store any more "stuff".

Wondering if 21DF extreme has enough different to justify getting it.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:16 AM   #105
CopperTop
Senior LCF Member

So another update--Had an email from Beachbody with a confirmation (and an apology) that my account has been removed from their collections database. They have also requested a letter of apology from the collections department.

So against my better judgement, I ordered CdeF this morning but paid the full amount up front. Shipping was free.
This program may very well be way beyond my fitness level but I'm excited to try it.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:59 AM   #106
ValR
Senior LCF Member

Beachbody is addicting even with their billing problems its difficult to walk away from their products. Congrats on your latest purchase. I've done Core de Force twice and like it. My coordination is horrible and I can't go as fast as the instructors but still enjoyed it. The best part is they do a wonderful job explaining the moves and also have it at the bottom of your screen. I have a heard time reading, kicking and punching at the same time. Lol

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60
Old 12-22-2016, 09:44 AM   #107
Lcampbell
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lcampbell
Stats: Texas
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: December 2016
New to this forum

Hey ladies, are you still doing your workouts? I purchased CDF too, but haven't done it yet.

I just started (well kind of I am on D25/60) of Master Hammer & Chisel.

I love the programs too, and yes, hate customer service.

Just wanted to see how others were doing, and what kind of results you had with CDF.

Lcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 12:26 PM   #108
ValR
Senior LCF Member

Hi! I've only done two days of CDF and haven't formed an opinion. I'm a huge fan of the programs that use weights and just completed a round of Chalean Extreme. It's time for me to pick a new program and I'm leaning towards Hammer and Chisel but picking just one program is my biggest challenge. I want to do them all.

Have you seen results with Hammer & Chisel? I'm always trying to find realistic before/after pictures of people that have completed the different Beachbody programs and haven't seen very many for Hammer & Chisel.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
March Walking Goal 32/60