Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-12-2016, 09:39 AM   #61
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
I think Beth and Sandy were at the airport together..She had a 6:00 flight, but no where as exciting as Mexico...I'm sure we will see pictures on FB.

Gosh..I have all those ingredients for that wonderful cookie..except the orange, which I think I can skip..Thanks, Cindy.

We had a very smart neighbor who got a National Merit Scholarship. He went out East to a fancy Engineering school, flunked out, flunked out of Rolla, then ended up at UMKC..couldn't get into their business school, so just got a basic degree. He started his college career in 2005 and finally graduated in May, 2016. Liked to party too much...

Yes, it is best if Grant figures out where he wants to go himself. It is soo tempting as a adult to "help", but he has to choose which school is best for him. Brett only wanted to go to Kansas State..So that made life easy for us.

Beth's father in law is having gall bladder surgery as we speak. He is only 70, but getting some dementia from his stroke years ago. Enjoy your health..

I think this year's pumpkin crop was not that great..Let's hope not..

Are we supposed to have a bad winter? Maybe dh can use his giant snowblower (as Judy says).

Brett has really become a part of Sarah's family..Goes to dinner at their home on Sunday
afternoons/goes to the grandpa's birthday party on Saturday. I love that. He needed a
young lady with a family close..So far, so good...

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2016, 09:50 AM   #62
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
The oopsies didn't really do it for me - too much (too big, thick) and so not like bread, but I have about 20 recipes for meringue cookies I've NEVER made, so this appeals to me a great deal!

Not sure whether we're supposed to have a bad winter. I'm just hoping from an allergy perspective.

Love hearing Brett is enjoying Sarah and her family. I'm sure Brett is a happy addition!
Hard for me not to get hopes up. I'm glad I'm not his mother. LOL
I just want him to be happy and find someone who appreciates him.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:10 AM   #63
Buffy45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Fast 5
Start Date: 10/31/15
I can totally understand with your neighbor Judy bc they focus on one thing to the extreme instead of many things. Yes, we are lucky it is just on the edge of the spectrum in our family, now if we start marrying into families with it . My educated kids say most of us in the family have it to some degree and I admit, I can be very OCD.
My pumpkin from Aldi is about 2 years old, I'm glad yours isn't gritty. An employee at Kroger told me pumpkin was in short supply this year so I bought 3 cans.
Ok, Jodys pumpkin bake is in the oven. I was one of the very few who wasn't crazy about it, but decided it was too firm, so I added 1/2 cup HWC and a glob od liquid vita fiber, will report back. Used a mixture of powdered swerve and liquid Splenda.
Veggie soup simmering away on stove, dishwasher running, clothes in the dryer, I'm so impressed with myself today I may see if any company wants me to appear in a commercial! oh, you say I don't look the part bc I am still in my Jammie's? , that's just how I roll
I know Brett must be enjoying his new relationship, that is what my son misses, he only wanted a small house and a loving family, oh, and be able to play golf
Carry on....

Last edited by Buffy45; 09-12-2016 at 11:12 AM..
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #64
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
I can totally understand with your neighbor Judy bc they focus on one thing to the extreme instead of many things. Yes, we are lucky it is just on the edge of the spectrum in our family, now if we start marrying into families with it . My educated kids say most of us in the family have it to some degree and I admit, I can be very OCD.
I think you've got that right - when they start marrying into families with it...
I'm pretty sure I'm on the spectrum to some degree, myself. SS agrees. I have issues with noise and sometimes in social situations. Just depends.

Quote:
My pumpkin from Aldi is about 2 years old, I'm glad yours isn't gritty. An employee at Kroger told me pumpkin was in short supply this year so I bought 3 cans.
Oh no! Oh no! Oh no!!! Mine too! Mine too! I am hoping you had a bad can. LOL And that mine are perfect.

Quote:
Ok, Jodys pumpkin bake is in the oven. I was one of the very few who wasn't crazy about it, but decided it was too firm, so I added 1/2 cup HWC and a glob od liquid vita fiber, will report back. Used a mixture of powdered swerve and liquid Splenda.
I am one who loves Jody's pumpkin bake, but I never have it now without topping it with Carolyn's crumble recipe from some other pumpkin thing. It is a game-changer. And I think Carolyn uses almond flour - I use BTF.

I am a recent convert to vita fiber. It is very very very good. I think Soobee does not make a cookie without adding 1/4 to 1/2 cup for the most real-feeling cookies she's made.

Quote:
Veggie soup simmering away on stove, dishwasher running, clothes in the dryer, I'm so impressed with myself today I may see if any company wants me to appear in a commercial! oh, you say I don't look the part bc I am still in my Jammie's? , that's just how I roll
I know Brett must be enjoying his new relationship, that is what my son misses, he only wanted a small house and a loving family, oh, and be able to play golf
Carry on....
You are BACK baby! Welcome back.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:22 PM   #65
CarolynF

All this pumpkin talk.

David made it fine through the gall bladder surgery. He will go home today. It was a very sick one, so hopefully, he will feel better.

We all have our hopes up for Sarah and Brett. They will be here for Neewollah and the next weekend we are all going to Manhattan for a KSU game. They will play OSU!

Buffy, your adorable son will probably be ready for love in his own timing. It might take a girl to make the first move.

Old 09-12-2016, 04:28 PM   #66
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Buffy's son sounds like the perfect second husband for somebody who married wrong the first time. I got that person. Couldn't be more grateful.

Carolyn I'd put my money on KSU. OSU will either beat themselves, or the refs will do it for them! LOL

Glad your friend is okay.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:55 AM   #67
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
Just popping by to say hi from sunny and HOT Mexico. My pals are still in bed and I'm sitting here on the balcony enjoying the cool morning breeze and my coffee.

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:58 PM   #68
CarolynF

Sandy, I loved your picture from your balcony..how was the swimming?

Poor Connie (my dd's minlaw). She got her Dh home from his gallbladder surgery and tucked into bed and she got a call that her single sister with only one leg fell on her stump and broke her hip.!!! She is at the Joplin hospital, but they might have to to Columbia for a special surgery. She uses crutches all the time and one slipped out from under her. Luckily their brother lives there abd is taking care of her. Prayers for Judy, please. (Other Judy)

Old 09-13-2016, 07:22 PM   #69
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh no!!!!!!
Yes, prayers for the Judy who did not deserve a broken hip!!!
I'm so sorry.
Gosh when it rains it pours.
I hope Connie's husband is recovering nicely.
That's not really a huge recovery for him, is it? I hope not.
Thank goodness their brother is there.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:58 AM   #70
Buffy45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning
Wow, somehow another week is passing quickly. Still sitting with my coffee but my mind is racing with so many things I need to do. Time to make a list so my mind can quit racing, a little.
Did I tell you my pumpkin bake turned out really good, like the addition of the half cup of HWC. Veggies beef soup turned out very yummy too.
Carolyn, I'm sorry to hear about your friend and the fall. That's almost too much to bear.
Sandy, looks beautiful where you are.
My sister and I are planning a little get away to San Diego next month. I am wanting to be near the ocean and hear the waves. I will fly into Phoenix where she lives and then we will drive.
Judy, your grandkids are so stinking cute, bet the 3 of them have so much fun.
I usually shop at Krogers and we have a small one very close by but about 10 minutes down the road is a very nice newer and busier one. I have been finding great buys on meat there. They have the little space they put the steaks, etc that are close to their sell by date. We had 2 steaks last night that were very good. Eating great on a cheapskate budget
No plans for the weekend, the grandkids are all busy and don't need Mema for anything so we will just relax and enjoy our pretty weather.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:30 AM   #71
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Buffy I don't know how much I can tell you how much I love hearing your news.
It's so nice to have you back!

Now if we can just get Sandy back from Mexico and the lake!

I wish so much we had a Kroger. I am particularly envious of the Carbmaster yogurt. I'm sure I'd just love that and would love to have it for DH as a nice little addition.
Sounds like you are making fantastic yummy choices.

DD (Maddox's mother, 6 mos. pregnant) requested some pizza crusts. I absolutely did NOT need another kitchen gadget, so a few weeks ago I got a cast iron tortilla press. It makes perfect perfect small pizza crusts from the miracle dough. LOL
Love it.
One recipe of Jennifer Eloff's miracle dough makes 6 small pizza crusts for us.
It's a nice "fast food" to just top and cook and still stay on track.

She also requested a pumpkin bake with Carolyn's crumble on top so I did that. She's a pretty happy mamma.

Those grandkids are really cute. We don't see Piper and Liam nearly as much as Maddox, but Piper and Maddox really play well together, and get excited to know if the other is coming.
Annie sent me a text picture this morning - she jogs every morning early - and takes the kids in a special stroller. They like to hold hands. It was really sweet.

Now that it's started raining, I'm going to go get some groceries for us! I'm going to make those applesauce muffins again I made at the lake a couple of weekends ago.
They are fantastic.

Carolyn how are you doing? Is Beth back from training? Wondering how her DMIL is dealing with all the patients?

Cindy more Pooter pictures might make us all feel better!

Debby are you doing all right?
Old 09-16-2016, 12:34 PM   #72
CarolynF

Hi gang,

Where was I yesterday? Working at the Neewollah store putting the tickets in the little slots.. Then I got my $360 orthotics! They feel good in my not so bulky shoes..I am supposed to break them in slowly..

My allergy shots finally made it to my clinic..So next Monday, I'll start with them.

A cast iron tortilla press sounds wonderful.

What fun to have grandkids..Maybe someday......

We are heading for Bartlesville..Dh needs some deck stain then will have dinner.

Beth made it back from training..Will chat with her later about it. Connie is hanging in there with David. He seems okay and makes it up the stairs, so that is good. Her sister did great on her hip surgery..They put screws in it and a rod to keep it together. Since it is her stump, she barely uses it, so it will heal..

Judy, you can easily make your own yogurt.. I love the convenience of Carbmaster when
we are in Wichita, though.

Buffy, San Diego sounds wonderful...

Are those applesauce muffins low carb?

I listened to a great podcast from Elizabeth Benton on Jimmy about why we overeat..She
said the more you resist foods you aren't supposed to have, the more you build that muscle.
I do think that is true..The tapes in your head can really undermine your ability to eat on plan.

Judging for debate tomorrow morning..Just 90 minutes..I like forensics much better, but Scarlet needed help as she has to find judges along with the other students..

Old 09-16-2016, 06:18 PM   #73
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I probably should make my own yogurt, but of course I don't.
For some reason it's one of the things I just don't want to do.

I completely agree with building the muscle to NOT over-eat. I really do have issues and fast-fiveing has helped some with that. If I am eliminating 2 of my meals and all the snacks, I'm doing fine. My clothes are fitting me again just as they did when I first dropped the weight. As I always say, I'll never be thin, but I'm happy enough right here.

Yes those muffins are low carb. I might use a little less applesauce, just in case. I just buy the generic unsweetened at WalMart. I've made these twice and doubled them each time. They do not last long!

APPLESAUCE CINNAMON MUFFINS (Jennifer Eloff)

2 eggs
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
Liquid sweetener (sucralose or stevia) to equal 1 cup sugar (Judy uses a mixture of sweeteners including Pyure (from Wal-Mart. Careful! It is double strength!)
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp ground cloves

In food processor, process eggs, applesauce, liquid sweetener, butter, gelatin and vanilla extract.

In medium bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, cinnamon, baking soda and ground cloves.
Add to wet ingredients; process.

Fill 12 muffin cups 3/4 full and bake 20 minutes, or until knife inserted in muffins comes out clean.
Allow to cool in muffin tin and then remove them.
Refrigerate later to keep them fresh.

Helpful Hint: You can double this recipe and freeze a dozen muffins. They freeze well.

Yield: 12 muffins
1 muffin
185.8 calories
4.8 g protein
5.2 g fat
0.4 g fiber
6.5 g net carbs
Old 09-16-2016, 06:26 PM   #74
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

And to remind you:

Splendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2 (J Eloff)
1-2/3 cups almond flour
3/4 cup oat flour (packed)
2 Tbsp. coconut flour

Doubled:
3-1/3 cups
1-1/2 cups (packed)
1/4 cup

I don't know if there's some place in Bartlesville that carries Bob's Red Mill but that's the oat flour I use.

Is there a Kroger's in Wichita?
Old 09-17-2016, 02:47 PM   #75
CarolynF

Yummy. I have apples, so I'll whip up some applesauce.

Visited my friend Lana and her new little kitty she found in the woods. So adorable.
Debate judging was ok... my good deed for the day.

I ran into my podiatrist and the high school and he approved of my shoes that I was wearing my orthotics in. Lol..small town living...

I have the Bob's oat flour.

Car is going in for some body repair. A tiny bit of hail damage from the other night will cost $3,600! Labor is intensive.

Old 09-17-2016, 05:41 PM   #76
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
I'm drinking a pumpkin beer. Does that count?

My Avi is my horse Victor and me Heritage Park horse trials 5/16

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Hadel Briles
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:58 PM   #77
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I doubled the applesauce muffin recipe and poured it into my bundt pan.
It took 45 minutes to cook and it is delicious!

Yes, Cindy, pumpkin beer counts! Sounds good.
Old 09-18-2016, 05:27 AM   #78
CarolynF

Pumpkin beer sounds interesting.

Dh has man allergies. I take my Claritin every day, but he doesn't. . This week is bad because of the ragweed coming out!

We are watching the old version of FarFrom the Madding Crowd. It's a 3 hour movie so we took a break last night.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:22 AM   #79
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Liam's 1-year birthday party was yesterday afternoon. DH made ribs per their request.
I ate ribs and chips (couldn't resist). I didn't eat the cute cute cake but had 1 spoonful of the frozen yogurt.

Came home and felt fine, but had a piece of the applesauce cake. Had given a wedge to DD and took a wedge to my mom. Felt absolutely fine. At about 9:30 my stomach started to HURT. I took a phenergan and went to bed KNOWING I was about to throw up. Slept until 10:30 this morning. Didn't hurl.
Everybody else is fine. DH ate applesauce cake and is perfect.

My stomach still hurts, but I can tell I'm better. Wonder what happened?

In sadder news, we heard yesterday Annie's mother Mindy was to come home a week from this Friday. She had another stroke last night and can't speak or move on command.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:01 AM   #80
Buffy45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello my friends. Judy, you are too kind but thank you for making me feel I was missed. I just can't tell you how good it is to feel like my old self again. A little older, slower and creakier but my old self.
Love the chatting of old friends here
The applesauce muffins look like something I must try. And, what is the topping to the pumpkin bake please?
Carolyn, you are a stronger cat mommy than me, I would already have adopted another cat
I am , have a UTI. I tried all of our remedies but finally had to give in to the antibiotic. Will take it for the 10 days, deal with side effects and then get back off. Will ask urologist if there is another one I can try as a maintainence dose as that did keep it at bay.
Did I mention that although I didn't think the acupuncture was helping my eating at all, I have decided it is. It is either that OR from limiting carbs but I realized the other day that I am craving raw veggies when I want a snack instead of sweets! And, the limiting of carbs has really cut my appetite. Have to watch that as along with my laziness in cooking these days, I get to skipping eating due to laziness and you can eat too little in an effort to lose weight. Radishes are my treat of choice lately
Cindy, the pumpkin beer only counts if it is "pumpkin spice" of which our nation is obsessed with each fall!
Sister and I have decided I am just going to her house in Phoenix in Oct and not San Diego. We waited a little too long to get any good deals and I am a cheapskate . We will just do some fun things around there and have our cheap drinks on her lovely patio.
Ran up to the football field last night to see Grants band perform the first 2 parts that they have learned so far of this falls competition performance. Think it is going to be nice. But, oh my, it was so hot and humid there and those poor kiddos were in full uniform! Earlier they had welcomed the middle school kids that will be attending this high school. You all know that this last year of Grant being in high school is bitter sweet for Mema, that kid has been such a part of my life. Life has a way of weaning us off , now that he drives, I don't see him nearly as much so it is preparing me for him to leave for college , I know, I know, all good!
Oh, the Kroger carbmaster yogurt. I did not care for it, did not like the texture. Much prefer a full fat plain Greek that I have doctored up with various flavorings.
If you are near a Trader Joes, check out their Crisp Bread crackers, full of seeds. Like 3-4 net carbs a large cracker. I soften cream cheese, the add a few drops of Splenda and some strawberry flavoring to make a cream cheese spread. Yummy
Old 09-18-2016, 11:07 AM   #81
Buffy45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Allergies bad here, ragweed, take Claritin daily and eye drops for itchy eyes.
Judy, hope your tummy is better.
Debbie, saw your new furniture, oh wait, that was a new motorcycle
Sorry to hear about the sickness of friends and family

Going to run to Kohls, need some lightweight slacks to wear white it is supposed to be fall here but is hot. Capris look too summery at night but my other slacks too hot. MUST BE COMFY
Old 09-18-2016, 02:09 PM   #82
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes!! Must be comfy!!
I nearly always think an exciting venue is lost for me when I'm visiting dear friends or favorite family. I just want to talk and visit. Almost resent getting dressed. Lol You sisters will have fun.

OK now we hear the CT scan did NOT show a stroke, but Mindy is unresponsive. They now suspect UTI. I will hold off reporting more until we get something more definitive. I always believe the first news we get. Can't believe I haven't learned to wait...

Buffy so sorry you have another UTI. Frustrating.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:41 PM   #83
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

I had tummy issues this weekend too! I actually had to leave my sister's b-day party early and really couldn't celebrate with her the way I was planning to. One of my friends who went to Mexico with me said she had tummy issues this weekend too, but the other one didn't. Lots of tummy issues all around right now. And shoulder issues too? Must be a bug.
I'm sooooo tired. I sure hope I can sleep really late in the morning. Then I have soooo much to do I truly don't know where to start.

Food can wait!
Old 09-18-2016, 08:43 PM   #84
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Is your tummy better now? Are you back home?
Hope you can have good restful sleep.
I wish that for all of us actually.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:11 AM   #85
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Yes I'm back home and I think I feel normal this morning after a good night's sleep. I just got up so it's a little early to tell but I think so.

I feel like my life has been a whirlwind for the last 6 weeks. Actually more like a tornado! And my house certainly looks like the tornado passed right through the middle of it! I've really got to work on not feeling so overwhelmed by everything and just jump in to it today and try to start the clean-up after the storm. I just don't know where to start. The only room that doesn't need my attention is the dining room and that's because it's empty, lol.

Food can wait!
Old 09-19-2016, 09:52 AM   #86
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Bufy, it kinda is pumpkin spice. It is Leinenkugel's Harvest Patch Shandy. Definitely a spice, maybe cloves, taste with a pumpkin flavor. No hoppy or beer tasting.

Sandy, glad your home! We need to do lunch!

My Avi is my horse Victor and me Heritage Park horse trials 5/16

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Hadel Briles
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:14 PM   #87
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds great Cindy!! Let me know which days you're free and we'll make a date.

Ok, back on track starting today. I fasted from 6:30 last night until 2:45 today and then just had a small snack and will have dinner around 5:30 and I'll be done for the day.

I got one bathroom cleaned, the kitchen presentable and 2 suitcases unpacked. Plus 3 loads of laundry and the bed stripped and remade. I'm done with that for the day. Tomorrow is another day. A busy one but hopefully I can accomplish something!

Food can wait!
Old 09-19-2016, 02:22 PM   #88
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad you're home, Sandy, and a little more grounded.
I'm sure you're a whirlwind of doing whatever you need to do right now.

Now I want pumpkin beer....
Old 09-19-2016, 02:39 PM   #89
CarolynF

Wow..Lots going on..I hate that throw up feeling..Mexico can be iffy..We went with 40 people once and Gary and I were the only ones that didn't get sick. No ice and no unbottled water, nothing raw..

and Judy was puny, too..

Oh, so sorry about poor Mindy...Gosh, what a road that lady has been on...

I would grab all the kitties in the world if I could. It is a hassle finding a kitty babysitter sometimes..that is my concern. After having a diabetic cat with only soft food, it was a bit more involved.

Had my first allergy shot..No reaction..Next one is Monday..They increase the dose every week..

That beer sounds rather good.

Sorry about the UTI...You were soo good, Buffy.

My dear friend Kathy is having a Bladder Lift tomorrow morning...Then she gets to come
home that afternoon..They just moved to a new house with boxes still in the garage..

Yup, Debbie..You are a nice wife..

Old 09-19-2016, 04:53 PM   #90
CarolynF

Applesauce muffins in the oven. Might put a cream cheese frosting on them.