Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-08-2016, 08:59 AM   #91
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
The strawberry salad sounds good! I wish I was 149.6! Well done Still... I'm sure you make it to 145 in good time! Have fun!
Thank you slim ! my scale moves slow .... it's the sloth of all scales in the world of scales

I snacked on peanut butter I figured enjoy right ?

Tomorrow it's back to hard boiled eggs and cod fish , when I think about that, it's funny I eat more peanut butter
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2016, 09:12 AM   #92
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne21071 View Post
Still it might be off plan but it sounds delightful and not heavy of unhealthy.
I'm not losing on my soup fat fast so after today I'll be back to Stills. I'm tottering back and forth about just doing JUDDD but as I'm highly motivated to get off the extra pounds I think I'll do a little of both.

I'm craving some tuna and chicken!
Leanne, I have made this before it's not 100% stills but delish and low carb . Low fat mayo, tuna and chicken chopped and mixed together with the mayo and some shredded cheddar mixed in. I garnish with a few greens and sliced hard boiled eggs
Old 09-08-2016, 10:20 AM   #93
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 186/150/125-130
WOE: 310/1550 Keto
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Leanne, I have made this before it's not 100% stills but delish and low carb . Low fat mayo, tuna and chicken chopped and mixed together with the mayo and some shredded cheddar mixed in. I garnish with a few greens and sliced hard boiled eggs
Mmmm sounds good. I think tomorrow will be a DD. So I'll make a 400 calorie portion. Lol maybe not tomorrow I have to shop for chicken. But I will make it a tuna day.
This time is forever Thanks to JUDDD!!!!(and Fung)and low carb friends!
1st mini goal 134.9 Done!
2nd major goal 124.9. 10/25
3rd ultimate and final goal 120ish 11/18
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:53 AM   #94
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Slim ! My friend ! I never heard about dukan ? I will have to research it , if it has meals my family can enjoy with me I'm all for it ! My son in the fall and winter enjoys slow cooker meals , so do I, because I just set it on low and let it do its thing

I was lurking the Juddd forum and I am pleased to see much success, that is something I can try once I am closer to my final goal of 125 lbs. I am 5 feet 4 inches, small boned and I would be at a healthy bmi . Although right now I'm tethering between overweight and heading towards normal .
Oh the Dukan diet is brilliant! GT (a former friend here) lost about 120 pounds on the plan. It's similar to Stillmans but you can have 0 fat milk, Greek yoghurt and oat bran (the oat bran is a must). You can also use certain condiments. In the second phase you alternate the plan with a veggie day. So one day protein, one day protein and veg. Weightloss is really quick! Join me friend!!l
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:56 AM   #95
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I must of mentioned a zillion times how I love lemons ! I must find that lemon yoghurt
This is just 0% Greek yoghurt, fresh lemon and AS. It's so thick and creamy it feels wrong!

Last edited by makemeslim; 09-08-2016 at 11:57 AM..
Old 09-08-2016, 02:18 PM   #96
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok Slim now you've got me interested in yet another plan!!! Lol

I just had a of a cup of FF ricotta with cinnamon and AS! I think that was dinner. I'm full and I hope it stays with me.

As of this moment and Lord knows it could change, I'm just having a low calorie DD tomorrow. I will be traveling with my can of tuna and I have a bunch of low calorie frozen meals in the freezer. I'm so happy it's Friday tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:30 PM   #97
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I went to their website and took there test and was told I'm refused as I am at my true weight. I refuse to believe that so here I am!
I wonder why. Stillmans thinks I should be 115. I would be thrilled with anything below 125!
Old 09-09-2016, 04:40 AM   #98
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm still hanging out but I'm going to straight up JUDDD for at least 3 weeks. My arthritis has been talking too loudly and I know fasting helps. DDs might be Stillman or not. I'm taking it one day at a time until I get some regular rotations back under my belt. Here's to turning on my SERTI1 gene. I think it's 6 or 8 weeks for optimum effect but I know I feel better within 3.
Slim and Still I look forward to watching your progress.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:10 AM   #99
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Hey guys! I had been sitting at the same weight for 3 days (182.2) but this morning I was down a lb! So I lost 5 lbs this week. 2 lbs until I hit my first mini goal!

I love lemon yogurt! The lemon Greek is best I have tried the fat free sugar free regular lemon yogurt and it was not very good but in a pinch I will have it.

I have done dukan in the past and lost well, but this go around I am gonna stick with stills as long as I can. Lately whenever I try to start the alternating veggie days I end up eating off plan. Hopefully I can start dukan again in a few weeks because I like how j feel on it with the added veggies and it makes it easier to eat out.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:20 AM   #100
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ok Slim now you've got me interested in yet another plan!!! Lol

I just had a of a cup of FF ricotta with cinnamon and AS! I think that was dinner. I'm full and I hope it stays with me.

As of this moment and Lord knows it could change, I'm just having a low calorie DD tomorrow. I will be traveling with my can of tuna and I have a bunch of low calorie frozen meals in the freezer. I'm so happy it's Friday tomorrow.
It's a great plan, it's the morning of day 3 and I'm down 3lbs already!
Old 09-10-2016, 12:22 AM   #101
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I went to their website and took there test and was told I'm refused as I am at my true weight. I refuse to believe that so here I am!
I wonder why. Stillmans thinks I should be 115. I would be thrilled with anything below 125!
I don't use the website, I have the book. I also don't pay attention to "ideal weights." My plan is to follow phase 1 for a week and then move to phase 2.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:29 AM   #102
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Hey guys! I had been sitting at the same weight for 3 days (182.2) but this morning I was down a lb! So I lost 5 lbs this week. 2 lbs until I hit my first mini goal!

I love lemon yogurt! The lemon Greek is best I have tried the fat free sugar free regular lemon yogurt and it was not very good but in a pinch I will have it.

I have done dukan in the past and lost well, but this go around I am gonna stick with stills as long as I can. Lately whenever I try to start the alternating veggie days I end up eating off plan. Hopefully I can start dukan again in a few weeks because I like how j feel on it with the added veggies and it makes it easier to eat out.
Congratulations on 5lbs! You'll hit your mini goal soon!
I'm loving Dukan. I honestly don't think I could hack Stillmans right now. It's great for weightloss for sure but I need a bit more variety. Dukan gives me that bit more freedom. I would actually go as far as to say phase 1 Dukan can be as effective as Stillmans if worked right.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:42 AM   #103
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

So... Yesterday was a successful day. I'm down 3lbs this morning which means I've got 7 more to go to hit my mini goal. All day yesterday I was craving a chocolate mint frappe but I didn't get down to making one. I'm going to try and make one today with some fresh mint. Never made one with mint before so I hope it works out ok. I've got some extra lean beef chunks which I plan to make into a casserole for dinner. I'm also going to season some chicken up and throw it on the George. I'll make a lime, garlic and chili marinade, kinda Thai style. It's nearly 9am and I'm going to start with a vanilla, coffee and oat bran frappe. Happy Saturday peeps!

Last edited by makemeslim; 09-10-2016 at 12:44 AM..
Old 09-10-2016, 03:36 AM   #104
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Happy Saturday!
I missed Friday , I had a terrible hangover from wine at my friends house and ate all terrible carbs including Chinese food ! What happened to that healthy salad ?well, that was eaten too

I stayed in bed most of the day in my pajamas and avoided the scale . Drank water, tea, coffee and ate hard boiled eggs already peeled from a bag with loads of salt . I hang my head in shame , I drank most of the two large bottles of wine .

Today is a new day it's early here on the east coast and I have a busy day ahead .

Slim , I researched dukan I don't think I need coaching unless you will perhaps you assist me finding the ingredients for recipes in the attack phase which include oat bran ? I need to find some soon online perhaps as well as fromage fraise? ( quark ) never heard/seen it at the market . I can definitely see the on and off plan of just protein/ protein , veggie day working for weightloss, and this diet can be done up & down days like juddd? Just a thought .

Ugh ! Well I see sunlight through the blinds , tea and shower time on with this day . I have to face up to that dang scale soon
Old 09-10-2016, 03:45 AM   #105
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post

and we can dukan !
Old 09-10-2016, 03:46 AM   #106
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So... Yesterday was a successful day. I'm down 3lbs this morning which means I've got 7 more to go to hit my mini goal. All day yesterday I was craving a chocolate mint frappe but I didn't get down to making one. I'm going to try and make one today with some fresh mint. Never made one with mint before so I hope it works out ok. I've got some extra lean beef chunks which I plan to make into a casserole for dinner. I'm also going to season some chicken up and throw it on the George. I'll make a lime, garlic and chili marinade, kinda Thai style. It's nearly 9am and I'm going to start with a vanilla, coffee and oat bran frappe. Happy Saturday peeps!
Slim ! on weightloss as always your menu sounds
Your frappe reminds me of those Girl Scout cookies thin mints

Last edited by StillTheOne; 09-10-2016 at 03:50 AM..
Old 09-10-2016, 03:52 AM   #107
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Update : 155 lbs !!!!! I don't understand I was 149.6 lbs 2 days ago
Old 09-10-2016, 05:18 AM   #108
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow you are doing so well! I love chocolate mint! Let us know how it turns out. I'm sticking with just rotations but I'm always up to some good healthy recipes. I'm doing a orange fiber drink daily for now. Your sounds better.

Mar922 great losses

Still remember the important thing is that you are back on plan so quickly! A few days of heavy water and a good poo and you'll be back to where you were. I think it's good to do some high calorie days every so often. Maybe next time not so much wine I'm glad you had a good time, and sorry you ended up feeling ill.

I'll be watching and learning about Dukan. I need to get my rotations under control before I tweak.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:54 AM   #109
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Happy Saturday!
I missed Friday , I had a terrible hangover from wine at my friends house and ate all terrible carbs including Chinese food ! What happened to that healthy salad ?well, that was eaten too

I stayed in bed most of the day in my pajamas and avoided the scale . Drank water, tea, coffee and ate hard boiled eggs already peeled from a bag with loads of salt . I hang my head in shame , I drank most of the two large bottles of wine .

Today is a new day it's early here on the east coast and I have a busy day ahead .

Slim , I researched dukan I don't think I need coaching unless you will perhaps you assist me finding the ingredients for recipes in the attack phase which include oat bran ? I need to find some soon online perhaps as well as fromage fraise? ( quark ) never heard/seen it at the market . I can definitely see the on and off plan of just protein/ protein , veggie day working for weightloss, and this diet can be done up & down days like juddd? Just a thought .

Ugh ! Well I see sunlight through the blinds , tea and shower time on with this day . I have to face up to that dang scale soon
As I've said before, when I drink wine any weightloss plan I have goes out of the window. I become ravenous! Your body has just dumped water into empty fat cells in preparation to filling them with fat... Seeing as you have no intention of letting that happen it will have no choice but to let that water go after a few days on plan so don't worry too much.
I wouldn't worry if you can't find quark... It's like creme fraiche. I find Greek yoghurt works just as well. I have two types of oat bran here. Both bought from Holland and Barrett. One is coarse and the other is fine. It's the fine one that I put in the blender with vanilla when I'm making frappes. It's really good! I once had some oat bran that I didn't like very much. It was really gritty and just not very nice. The ones I have now taste very close to rolled oats or oatmeal (which is not allowed or to be confused). I checked if they were suitable and found that they were so it's happy days. I might make a pancake tomorrow but I don't have any SF syrup... I quite fancy bacon with mock pancakes! I guess I'll have to wait.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:58 AM   #110
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Slim ! on weightloss as always your menu sounds
Your frappe reminds me of those Girl Scout cookies thin mints
Thank you. I've not yet made the mint frappe. I'm going to have it as a dessert after dinner. Hope it's good!
Old 09-10-2016, 09:17 AM   #111
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Wow you are doing so well! I love chocolate mint! Let us know how it turns out. I'm sticking with just rotations but I'm always up to some good healthy recipes. I'm doing a orange fiber drink daily for now. Your sounds better.

Mar922 great losses

Still remember the important thing is that you are back on plan so quickly! A few days of heavy water and a good poo and you'll be back to where you were. I think it's good to do some high calorie days every so often. Maybe next time not so much wine I'm glad you had a good time, and sorry you ended up feeling ill.

I'll be watching and learning about Dukan. I need to get my rotations under control before I tweak.
Thanks Leanne... I'm enjoying the plan but looking forward to phase 2 when I can add some veggies! Is the Orange drink Fibregel?
Old 09-10-2016, 01:42 PM   #112
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No it's the off brand metimusil. Most likely the same thing.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:20 AM   #113
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
As I've said before, when I drink wine any weightloss plan I have goes out of the window. I become ravenous! Your body has just dumped water into empty fat cells in preparation to filling them with fat... Seeing as you have no intention of letting that happen it will have no choice but to let that water go after a few days on plan so don't worry too much.
I wouldn't worry if you can't find quark... It's like creme fraiche. I find Greek yoghurt works just as well. I have two types of oat bran here. Both bought from Holland and Barrett. One is coarse and the other is fine. It's the fine one that I put in the blender with vanilla when I'm making frappes. It's really good! I once had some oat bran that I didn't like very much. It was really gritty and just not very nice. The ones I have now taste very close to rolled oats or oatmeal (which is not allowed or to be confused). I checked if they were suitable and found that they were so it's happy days. I might make a pancake tomorrow but I don't have any SF syrup... I quite fancy bacon with mock pancakes! I guess I'll have to wait.
Slim thank you! I am also expecting ( TOM ) I really have a difficult time in company especially with wine, my friend and I were laughing and watching shows and one glass led to another and well you know.
Creme fraiche and Greek yoghurt are similar as for the oat bran I will have to go to a specility store and purchase Bob's Red Mill brand . I did my diet homework yesterday reading up on diet plans. I am about 8lbs away from my mini goal. I did see a recipe on the dukan site which looked like coddled eggs with meaty crisps
Old 09-11-2016, 06:23 AM   #114
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you. I've not yet made the mint frappe. I'm going to have it as a dessert after dinner. Hope it's good!
I hope you enjoyed your mint frappe .
Old 09-11-2016, 06:27 AM   #115
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Mar922 great losses

Thank you Leanne I might need that long bathroom break "ahem" when that slows down so does the scale . I need to take some magnesium & Metamucil. *Sorry about the TMI*
Old 09-11-2016, 06:43 AM   #116
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Update: 152.8 lbs
I wasn't strict stills. I was eating tuna salad, and egg salad everything low carb though .

I am going to make the egg meatloaf recipe today and stay away from the rice The salad not so sure, if the scale is moving slow it's the veggies in the salads fault not me !

I hope everyone is doing well and the scales are kind to everyone
Old 09-11-2016, 09:53 AM   #117
olehcat
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 185.8/177/110-120
WOE: my plan
Start Date: August 18, 2016
Hi, everyone! I've been lurking as usual, am coming out of hiding temporarily.

I think I am going to jump on the Stillman's ship tomorrow and just do it for however long I can stand it. I need some quick weight loss and I guess I was inspired after reading Dr. Stillman's Quick Weight Loss book this weekend!

My one question is: I looked through his book and there was nothing about only staying on Stillman's for about 2 weeks. I don't know why I have that 2 weeks limit in my head. He seemed to think it was okay to stay on it until the extra weight was gone before transitioning into something more reasonable (and with vegetables) for maintenance. Does anyone know where that temporary about 2 weeks "rule" came about? Was that something added later? Or am I imagining that? I had that stuck in my head for some reason... Not that I'd personally be able to stay on such a restricted diet the whole time...I'm planning on taking breaks as needed, depending on how successful I end up being. I'm thinking JUDDD or 4:3 would be good for maintenance.

Also, according to Dr. Stillman's book, my ideal weight should be closer to 102 pounds??? That sounds incredibly low to me. I'm 5'2 1/2" So I followed his formula of saying (for ideal weight) that you add 5 pounds for every inch after 5'0". For me that would take me to about 113. AND THEN you are supposed to subtract 10 percent to get to ideal. That would take me to 102ish! I've never been 102 in my life except when I was a young teenager (and same height). The lowest I've been as an adult was about 115 - 120. I'm not actually going to try to get to 102, by the way. I was just fascinated by how low the ideals were. I wonder if that was just that time period when the book was written where slimmer was more the norm (than now). I'm going to go for 120 and see how I look and feel. Shoot, even anywhere in the 120s would make me pretty happy at this point. Shoot, I'd even kiss my scale if I was back to where I was for a longish period of time of being in the mid 130s (and I thought I was fat then, haha).
Old 09-11-2016, 12:46 PM   #118
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Olehcat from what I can see you stay on as long as you can then count calories for two weeks to stabilize then get back on plan. Hope that helps.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:06 PM   #119
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Olehcat from what I can see you stay on as long as you can then count calories for two weeks to stabilize then get back on plan. Hope that helps.
Olehcat that's it ^ good luck !
Old 09-11-2016, 01:45 PM   #120
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Logan_Love the meatloaf is baking and it smells delish ! I added adobo & sazon seasoning and I used 4 hardboiled eggs, mixed 2 raw eggs into the beef mixture, added some Mexican cheese . I bought Goya Arroz Amarillo added some olive oil, peas and pimentos and sazon. I made a side salad and added the sazon for salads never tried that flavour before . I thank you again Logan_Love