Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-16-2016, 05:31 AM   #211
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
I was doing great yesterday until dinner when my roommate started making himself burritos for dinner...so what did I do? I did high fat yesterday so I could try a recipe I found on YouTube for taquitos where the shell is cheese. Omg it was so yum. I will definitely eat them again whenever my next higher fat day occurs. It was low carb so I feel good about that. Got to have Mexican food and i avoided the unnecessary carbs from the shell but I wasn't stuck eating out a bowl with a fork again.
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2016, 06:49 AM   #212
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
That's great! I can't wait until I can start buying new clothes! I am feeling better now but I want to be able to see the results
Mar with QWL YOU will see results . In all the diets QWL is the hardest for me to do . The results are amazing!
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:59 AM   #213
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I had a late night and just have my chicken in the oven now. I had chicken for dinner tonight when I ate out and it was so salty! I will probBly be up tomorrow due to the salt but I am going to try to remember it's just salt and not real weight gain. Tomorrow is am all chicken day, after testing with other meats chicken is gonna be boring haha
I know right that dreaded chicken ! I start to really dread those hardboiled eggs too !
Old 09-16-2016, 07:07 AM   #214
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
By the way I love your name! Get it, "still" the one. LOL. Yes that's what I need to do too, not let things get too out of control. A couple of weeks back I allowed myself to do two back to back days of "controlled cheating" and it was too much. It took about a week to get back where I wanted to be.
Thank you ! It's the truth, I am 51 years old, been on many diets off and on after 2 kids and this is StillTheOne when I find myself in desperate times . Funny though I don't even own the smart doctors books
Old 09-16-2016, 07:28 AM   #215
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsagirltodo View Post
1lb down again today thankfully. Yesterday was hard as I was at home all day and couldn't stop thinking about food. Had a sausage roll incident, ate a bite without even thinking. Thankfully I realised before I ate the rest. Today's food will be homemade turkey burgers, eggs and ham. Have a good Friday everyone
Those sausage rolls
I have to always change up my QWL routine so I don't get bored and forget while cooking for my son's meal ah just a nibble and catch myself in mid nibble UT Oh !

Awesome 1 lb down and more will follow !

Last edited by StillTheOne; 09-16-2016 at 07:29 AM..
Old 09-16-2016, 07:33 AM   #216
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Thank you ! It's the truth, I am 51 years old, been on many diets off and on after 2 kids and this is StillTheOne when I find myself in desperate times . Funny though I don't even own the smart doctors books
Yes I can't believe I didn't know about it! It seems I've done everything since the age of 14. I don't have the book either as it wasn't available for my nook and it would be too much work to go foraging for it. I was really shocked at how well this diet works! I have been so hung up on HFLC for so long, even when it wasn't working. I even went through a time where I was eating straight up Kerrygold butter to "get my fat up" and it was not doing it for me.

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147
deanslist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:58 AM   #217
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yesterday was a good day, I woke up down 1.2 lbs. I wasn't as low in calories as I wanted to be though (1100). I always want to eat at night, like 6-10pm is my hardest time! I usually fast til noon and then for lunch I had a can of canned chicken and a Greek yogurt, dinner was 1 whole egg with 8 egg whites and another yogurt. Then before bed I had another egg and 5 egg whites.

I like to use sugar free ketchup which I'm trying to cut back on and also I chew A LOT of sugarless gum. I know that isn't allowed but my mouth gets to tasting terrible. LOL. I will try to cut back on the gum. I only drink coffee and water and no AS. I am wondering if I'm eating too much protein though? Yesterday I ended up with 190 grams of protein, 53 carbs and 15 grams of fat.

How much protein are you guys eating in a day?
I nibble late at night watching crime mysteries, it's really not good, so I cut it out . I was eating pistachios or pecans out of control .The diet I was following at the time allowed some low carb nuts , "SOME" and no eating after 6pm the diet worked till I started to nibble after 6pm then I failed miserably.

I used to chew SF gum (Ice Cubes ) they are lil cubes of gum to keep keto breath fresh now I drink Mio energy and the strawberry pineapple flavour is my favourite!

I really never thought about how much protein I eat a day hmmmm.. maybe I could track it on my fitness app , perhaps I should . I am old school I have apps on my phone for fitness. I could find them very useful . My son tells me mom you can just keep track on your phone instead of pen and paper !
Old 09-16-2016, 08:30 AM   #218
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

150.2lbs this morning and getting over TOM . Once my hormones get balanced ,I can resist the Cheese and other delish cravings ! & yes Kal , I will be making those cheesy taco shells someday , I already looked it up !

Tonight is shrimp cocktail & homemade cocktail sauce ! I am a big dipper and I will need to try hard with portion control . Also learn to not make too much dip to start

Happy Friday !
Old 09-16-2016, 09:37 AM   #219
kal
Major LCF Poster!

I don't typically eat a lot of cheese but it was cheese vs a flour tortilla. Whenever you try them let me in know.

I'm so ready for my Saturday weigh in. I weigh daily but only look And gauge off my weekly number. So I'm just wanting Saturday to come.

Goals:
Old 09-16-2016, 10:19 AM   #220
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Mar with QWL YOU will see results . In all the diets QWL is the hardest for me to do . The results are amazing!
I know I lost 25-30 lbs 5ish years ago doing qwl but it's hard now! Lol

I was single then and it was much easier. Also I was younger that 5 years really changed my metabolism. I just gotta keep with it. And remember that my life is different now and it probably won't come off in 2/3 months... I wish all the old posts were still here so I could look back and would know for sure.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 10:20 AM   #221
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I know right that dreaded chicken ! I start to really dread those hardboiled eggs too !
In the plus side you know you are actually hungry when you crave chicken and eggs lol that's why I always lose better on repetition because I won't eat out of habit.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:22 AM   #222
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

I was up .6 today. I know it's from the salt because I was good all day. To be honest I actually thought it would be higher so that's good. It's rainy and cold here today so I can't go on my lunch walk

Does anyone else find their sense of smell is better in stills? I swear I can smell so much better now. Like a sweater k though was clean before and was hanging in the closet, smelled bad to me this morning!
Old 09-16-2016, 10:25 AM   #223
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post
I was doing great yesterday until dinner when my roommate started making himself burritos for dinner...so what did I do? I did high fat yesterday so I could try a recipe I found on YouTube for taquitos where the shell is cheese. Omg it was so yum. I will definitely eat them again whenever my next higher fat day occurs. It was low carb so I feel good about that. Got to have Mexican food and i avoided the unnecessary carbs from the shell but I wasn't stuck eating out a bowl with a fork again.
I have seen that cheese wrap thing and was actually going to make it on Tuesday. I really want to try it but I am worried it will overdo it if I tried right now. Once I hit my 10 lb goal I will try it, if it stalls me I will be at goal already so it won't feel so bad lol
Old 09-16-2016, 10:35 AM   #224
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post
I don't typically eat a lot of cheese but it was cheese vs a flour tortilla. Whenever you try them let me in know.

I'm so ready for my Saturday weigh in. I weigh daily but only look And gauge off my weekly number. So I'm just wanting Saturday to come.
Will do ! I had something in Italy they called frico, melted cheese that hardens into chips

May your scale make you smile on Saturday !
Old 09-16-2016, 10:38 AM   #225
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I know I lost 25-30 lbs 5ish years ago doing qwl but it's hard now! Lol
I was single then and it was much easier. Also I was younger that 5 years really changed my metabolism. I just gotta keep with it. And remember that my life is different now and it probably won't come off in 2/3 months... I wish all the old posts were still here so I could look back and would know for sure.
They remove old posts on LCF?
Old 09-16-2016, 10:41 AM   #226
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I was up .6 today. I know it's from the salt because I was good all day. To be honest I actually thought it would be higher so that's good. It's rainy and cold here today so I can't go on my lunch walk

Does anyone else find their sense of smell is better in stills? I swear I can smell so much better now. Like a sweater k though was clean before and was hanging in the closet, smelled bad to me this morning!
The only times in my life that my sense of smell was kean I was expecting my boys .
I was sensitive to perfumes and cooking meats too ! Lol
Old 09-16-2016, 11:17 AM   #227
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
They remove old posts on LCF?
Yeah about 2 years ago they removed everyone's posts because they needed more room.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:23 AM   #228
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I nibble late at night watching crime mysteries, it's really not good, so I cut it out . I was eating pistachios or pecans out of control .The diet I was following at the time allowed some low carb nuts , "SOME" and no eating after 6pm the diet worked till I started to nibble after 6pm then I failed miserably.

I used to chew SF gum (Ice Cubes ) they are lil cubes of gum to keep keto breath fresh now I drink Mio energy and the strawberry pineapple flavour is my favourite!

I really never thought about how much protein I eat a day hmmmm.. maybe I could track it on my fitness app , perhaps I should . I am old school I have apps on my phone for fitness. I could find them very useful . My son tells me mom you can just keep track on your phone instead of pen and paper !
Ha! We must be twins! I love to watch Forensic Files and such at night while eating nuts (or used to before Stillmans I should say lol). My faves are walnuts and the Men's Health ones. I'm substituting egg whites now but I do miss my nuts. I can sure pack away the calories with those!

Melissa's Headroom

Old 09-16-2016, 01:37 PM   #229
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yeah about 2 years ago they removed everyone's posts because they needed more room.
Well that's understandable. I will jot down notes then
Old 09-16-2016, 01:47 PM   #230
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Ha! We must be twins! I love to watch Forensic Files and such at night while eating nuts (or used to before Stillmans I should say lol). My faves are walnuts and the Men's Health ones. I'm substituting egg whites now but I do miss my nuts. I can sure pack away the calories with those!
Yes, real crime stories,not just based on . I watched the Jodi Arias episode on snapped and I delight when justice is served

I did gardening today, actually a garden clean up . Removing all the dead or dying annuals and putting out purple and lavender Asters and yellow and dark plum Mum's it's looking more like fall , good, because the heat is not my friend anymore

Quick dinner tonight . I hope the shrimps fill me up , if not I have some hard boiled eggs on hand .

I am nuts for nuts I never heard of mens health kind though .
Old 09-16-2016, 02:55 PM   #231
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Today I am having reduced sugar ketchup and it tastes very sweet .
I figure the scale will be up tomorrow . Oh well, set backs happen . I should of listened to my inner self instead of my taste buds and wait for this dish till I reached 145lbs.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:04 PM   #232
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Today was on plan. It was very hard to shop at Costco and avoid all the treats so I bought clothes as motivation. I have some hard boiled eggs and chicken filets cooking so that's what I will eat tomorrow at work.

I think working 7 days a week is good for stills, doesn't give me much time to be at home and snack!
Old 09-16-2016, 07:20 PM   #233
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
I had lunch with a friend today. I didn't go overboard, but what I ate was very spicy and my tummy is not happy. I should have stuck with the salad I had planned on getting in the first place! Tomorrow is an all day meeting and lunch will be served. It is never low carb!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:29 PM   #234
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 233/170/125-130
WOE: 310/1550 Keto./ Atkins
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014 nov 2017
Sounds like everyone is doing well! I hope the Whoosh fairy stops in for everyone on weigh day! I'm now craving cheese tacos. There used to be shells at Walmart that were 3 carbs each. I haven't seen them in ages. They were very thin and crispy.
I have to be very careful with cheese... I love cheese

Mar good job on new clothes vs off plan snacks. 7 days a week might be good for the diet but make sure you get some you time

Still the gardening sounds lovely. Here it's just hot and steamy. It is almost time to start trying to grow some veggies again. Unfortunately I end up just feeding the rabbits.

Melissa I look forward to you getting back to you comfort zone. I love watching maintainers succeed.
This time is forever Thanks to JUDDD!!!!(and Fung)and low carb friends!
1st mini goal 134.9 Done!
2nd major goal 124.9. 10/25
3rd ultimate and final goal 120ish 11/18
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:01 AM   #235
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Today was on plan. It was very hard to shop at Costco and avoid all the treats so I bought clothes as motivation. I have some hard boiled eggs and chicken filets cooking so that's what I will eat tomorrow at work.

I think working 7 days a week is good for stills, doesn't give me much time to be at home and snack!
Right on Mar ! I love when we have choices when food shopping atm clothes wins over snacks ! Here's to a slimmer you!
Old 09-17-2016, 05:07 AM   #236
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I had lunch with a friend today. I didn't go overboard, but what I ate was very spicy and my tummy is not happy. I should have stuck with the salad I had planned on getting in the first place! Tomorrow is an all day meeting and lunch will be served. It is never low carb!
I love spicy mim but spicy doesn't love me . Sometimes certain foods like with meats I can get away with it ! No low carb choices drink more water eat less breads and sugar desserts.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:11 AM   #237
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne21071 View Post
Sounds like everyone is doing well! I hope the Whoosh fairy stops in for everyone on weigh day! I'm now craving cheese tacos. There used to be shells at Walmart that were 3 carbs each. I haven't seen them in ages. They were very thin and crispy.

Mar good job on new clothes vs off plan snacks. 7 days a week might be good for the diet but make sure you get some you time

Still the gardening sounds lovely. Here it's just hot and steamy. It is almost time to start trying to grow some veggies again. Unfortunately I end up just feeding the rabbits.

Melissa I look forward to you getting back to you comfort zone. I love watching maintainers succeed.
Lucky you Leanne! You have my favourite plants all year round like gardenias and hibiscus I have another month with my herb garden outdoors before I transfer them indoors .
Old 09-17-2016, 05:19 AM   #238
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Happy Saturday !
I was surprised that the scale was kind ! 149.4lbs I am done with TOM and this is where I became stuck before on the scale I was so close to goal.

Tonight is breakfast for dinner I have bacon and sausage patties I need to use up .

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Old 09-17-2016, 06:40 AM   #239
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Well it's Saturday. Weight 196.8. Have Zumba today and going to a festival tonight so I'll be active all day. Scale is going down so I'm happy about that. Just have to keep going. 180s you will be mine again soon enough.

Goals:
Old 09-17-2016, 07:57 AM   #240
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne21071 View Post

Thanks Leanne! You are so close to where you want to be too!

Those noodles sound very interesting- I like anything I can eat a lot of! (I go for volume lol)

Melissa's Headroom