Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2016, 07:01 AM   #241
deanslist
Major LCF Poster!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
Posts: 2,426
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/128/126-129
WOE: Atkins (previously) Mostly vegan plant-based, IF
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) 2-1-2016 IF
Good morning! Down .8 today to 125.2, which means 2 lbs in 2 days. I'm quite pumped about that. I survived Mc Donald's last night... kids talked us into going there and I had a grilled chicken sandwich with no bun. They wanted ice cream too of course, they got sundaes and DH got a shake, he was sad I wouldn't partake with him..lol. He knows that sometimes I'm serious and I REALLY don't want any and he will leave me alone with his treats..haha..

When we got home I ate some more egg whites which is my go-to when hungry, then started watching my crime shows and ended up falling asleep on the couch. When I woke up around 11, I got up like a zombie and went to the pantry and had a handful of nuts. Ok, so I did know what I was doing, but I am really glad it didn't wreck my scale report this morning.

Tonight we're going to a fancy dinner for DH's work which will probably have like 50 courses, that might be a bit of a challenge but I feel good about making progress and don't want to derail on the weekend. I will do my best!! It might not be the lowest fat but I will do what I can (such as eat a piece of meat, lol).

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
__________________
My Journal - High on Life
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=882416
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2016, 08:35 AM   #242
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Leanne21071's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,118
Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 186/122/119-125
WOE: 310/1550
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014
I'm happy dancing for those who have lost this week!

Melissa it is great when our abstinence is rewarded! Enjoy the flavors of tonight's meal. I hope it's big on protein!
__________________
I am a diet queen, who falls off her throne every now and again.
I gotta keep it off for me
(234 in'06)182 when I started in 2013, lost 30 lbs many times....
This time is forever Thanks to JUDDD!!!!(and Fung)and low carb friends!
1st mini goal 134.9 Done!
2nd major goal 124.9. 10/25
3rd ultimate and final goal 120ish 11/18
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:11 AM   #243
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Good morning! Down .8 today to 125.2, which means 2 lbs in 2 days. I'm quite pumped about that. I survived Mc Donald's last night... kids talked us into going there and I had a grilled chicken sandwich with no bun. They wanted ice cream too of course, they got sundaes and DH got a shake, he was sad I wouldn't partake with him..lol. He knows that sometimes I'm serious and I REALLY don't want any and he will leave me alone with his treats..haha..

When we got home I ate some more egg whites which is my go-to when hungry, then started watching my crime shows and ended up falling asleep on the couch. When I woke up around 11, I got up like a zombie and went to the pantry and had a handful of nuts. Ok, so I did know what I was doing, but I am really glad it didn't wreck my scale report this morning.

Tonight we're going to a fancy dinner for DH's work which will probably have like 50 courses, that might be a bit of a challenge but I feel good about making progress and don't want to derail on the weekend. I will do my best!! It might not be the lowest fat but I will do what I can (such as eat a piece of meat, lol).

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Awesome self control ! I have a difficult time passing up Mc flurries cookies & cream my weakness
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:13 AM   #244
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne21071 View Post
I'm happy dancing for those who have lost this week!

Melissa it is great when our abstinence is rewarded! Enjoy the flavors of tonight's meal. I hope it's big on protein!
Thank you Leanne ! And a happy dance for you friend

Last edited by StillTheOne; 09-17-2016 at 11:14 AM..
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:17 AM   #245
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post
Well it's Saturday. Weight 196.8. Have Zumba today and going to a festival tonight so I'll be active all day. Scale is going down so I'm happy about that. Just have to keep going. 180s you will be mine again soon enough.
Kal 180s will be yours ! You got this !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:17 AM   #246
deanslist
Major LCF Poster!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
Posts: 2,426
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/128/126-129
WOE: Atkins (previously) Mostly vegan plant-based, IF
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) 2-1-2016 IF
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Awesome self control ! I have a difficult time passing up Mc flurries cookies & cream my weakness
Thank you!!! Oh, I forgot. I wasn't that perfect. I did have a sugar free vanilla iced coffee. Small. I think. The smallest size they had. At least it gave me a sweet taste. That's one of the hardest things, my family always wants to go out to eat at least once over the weekend, and I just want to stay home with my egg whites..lol
__________________
My Journal - High on Life
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=882416
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:19 AM   #247
deanslist
Major LCF Poster!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
Posts: 2,426
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/128/126-129
WOE: Atkins (previously) Mostly vegan plant-based, IF
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) 2-1-2016 IF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne21071 View Post
I'm happy dancing for those who have lost this week!

Melissa it is great when our abstinence is rewarded! Enjoy the flavors of tonight's meal. I hope it's big on protein!
Hey, I brought a yogurt to Kohl's with me this morning (I know, not totally Stillman') but I didn't want to get ravenously hungry and have nothing before I was able to get home to the eggs... I ended up eating it in the store. I thought about you with the "have tuna will travel" LOL
__________________
My Journal - High on Life
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=882416
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:23 AM   #248
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,348
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Thank you!!! Oh, I forgot. I wasn't that perfect. I did have a sugar free vanilla iced coffee. Small. I think. The smallest size they had. At least it gave me a sweet taste. That's one of the hardest things, my family always wants to go out to eat at least once over the weekend, and I just want to stay home with my egg whites..lol
I know what you mean shot wanting to stay home. Today is my friends bday and although I want to celebrate with her I don't want to celebrate with food which is what usually happens! She wants to go out for drinks too. I may have a couple but I am trying to think of ways to just pretend to be eating and drinking "normal" stuff. I have this weird thing about not telling people I am on a diet, maybe because I failed so many? I just want to do it and admit it after there are visible results.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:24 AM   #249
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,348
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
I was down a lb today! Have chicken and eggs from yesterday and plan to eat cheese as a snack tonight and hoping I can get outbid going out and just have my friend over then I can serve cheese and crackers and meats and just eat the meat and cheese. And for drinks I don't know if I will have any. Drinking always stalls me so I am trying to decide if one drink is worth a 2 day stall... I am thinking no!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:25 AM   #250
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Thank you!!! Oh, I forgot. I wasn't that perfect. I did have a sugar free vanilla iced coffee. Small. I think. The smallest size they had. At least it gave me a sweet taste. That's one of the hardest things, my family always wants to go out to eat at least once over the weekend, and I just want to stay home with my egg whites..lol
I get a skinny vanilla at Starbucks when I go out with friends, it's close by where we get our nails done and it keeps me happy, I know not quite "Stills" but not totally off a carb cliff
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:27 AM   #251
deanslist
Major LCF Poster!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
Posts: 2,426
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/128/126-129
WOE: Atkins (previously) Mostly vegan plant-based, IF
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) 2-1-2016 IF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I know what you mean shot wanting to stay home. Today is my friends bday and although I want to celebrate with her I don't want to celebrate with food which is what usually happens! She wants to go out for drinks too. I may have a couple but I am trying to think of ways to just pretend to be eating and drinking "normal" stuff. I have this weird thing about not telling people I am on a diet, maybe because I failed so many? I just want to do it and admit it after there are visible results.
Yeah it's tough! Where in Canada are you? I grew up about 150 miles from the Canadian border, but probably no where near you I bet
__________________
My Journal - High on Life
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=882416
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:29 AM   #252
deanslist
Major LCF Poster!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
Posts: 2,426
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/128/126-129
WOE: Atkins (previously) Mostly vegan plant-based, IF
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) 2-1-2016 IF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I was down a lb today! Have chicken and eggs from yesterday and plan to eat cheese as a snack tonight and hoping I can get outbid going out and just have my friend over then I can serve cheese and crackers and meats and just eat the meat and cheese. And for drinks I don't know if I will have any. Drinking always stalls me so I am trying to decide if one drink is worth a 2 day stall... I am thinking no!
That's great that you had a loss, it always helps keep the motivation high when you're faced with all those tempting choices! I think it helped me today too because I know there will be a lot of good stuff at the dinner tonight but I am going to behave because I don't want to wake up to a gain.
__________________
My Journal - High on Life
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=882416
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 03:09 PM   #253
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
I had caved in and I am having my iced coffee

I ate 2 hard boiled eggs for lunch .

Maybe breakfast for dinner or would that be too many eggs for the day ? 4 eggs too many no ?
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 03:29 PM   #254
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
I thought this was funny to share "Your body is going to be like an angry child having a tantrum – IT WANTS SUGAR AND CARBS NOW, but you aren’t going to give it any are you? ARE YOU??? Just like with children, the key is to distract, distract, distract (oooh shiny!). Give it something else desirable, (bacon, cheese, etc.) even if it isn’t what it really wants. Don’t give in thinking you’ll feel better if you just eat a little bit of carbs – there is no compromising!"

That was from the website I breath I'm hungry.
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 06:02 PM   #255
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,348
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Yeah it's tough! Where in Canada are you? I grew up about 150 miles from the Canadian border, but probably no where near you I bet
I am just outside Winnipeg. Which is about an hour from the North Dakota border.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 06:22 PM   #256
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,348
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
I thought this was funny to share "Your body is going to be like an angry child having a tantrum – IT WANTS SUGAR AND CARBS NOW, but you aren’t going to give it any are you? ARE YOU??? Just like with children, the key is to distract, distract, distract (oooh shiny!). Give it something else desirable, (bacon, cheese, etc.) even if it isn’t what it really wants. Don’t give in thinking you’ll feel better if you just eat a little bit of carbs – there is no compromising!"

That was from the website I breath I'm hungry.
My body wants sugar and carbs today so I am doing lots of distracting with cheese. I ate my chicken and eggs today at work came home with my friend already here and didn't have a chance to make dinner so I ate a lot of distraction cheese! I decided to have one glass of wine and just sip it all night. I hope it doesn't stall me.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 06:37 PM   #257
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
My body wants sugar and carbs today so I am doing lots of distracting with cheese. I ate my chicken and eggs today at work came home with my friend already here and didn't have a chance to make dinner so I ate a lot of distraction cheese! I decided to have one glass of wine and just sip it all night. I hope it doesn't stall me.
I hope it doesn't stall you ! If just a glass you should be fine . I added cheese to my scrambled eggs I had bacon and sausage too no toast . It was a rough day but totally low carb .
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 06:43 PM   #258
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Tomorrow, I will make cod fish a low carb, lower in fat meal . I don't know what comes over me sometimes I am so good at Stillmans, I get close to my goal and I say it's ok to eat something and sometimes it's ok the scale is fine and well sometimes it's not.
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:04 AM   #259
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
148.6 lbs
Tonight I will try that cod recipe again .

Happy Sunday everyone !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:19 AM   #260
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,348
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
I am at 177 today! I am finally below where I was when I was posting a few months ago. Avidly that's my lowest weight since I started losing again last year and the lowest I have been in about 3 years. One more lb til month goal of 10 lbs.
I know next weekend I will gain so hopefully anything between now and Thursday will just give me more of a buffer zone for being off plan!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:19 AM   #261
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,348
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
148.6 lbs
Tonight I will try that cod recipe again .

Happy Sunday everyone !
That's awesome! What is your cod recipe? I need more fish recipes other than fish cakes.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:01 AM   #262
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,348
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Tomorrow, I will make cod fish a low carb, lower in fat meal . I don't know what comes over me sometimes I am so good at Stillmans, I get close to my goal and I say it's ok to eat something and sometimes it's ok the scale is fine and well sometimes it's not.
I am like that too. When I lost weight a few years ago I only ever made it to 145 (goal was 135) because I just kept going off plan but I was actually happy at the weight and looking at pics I looked good so this time that's my goal! I am a bit worried that Everytime I get to a mini goal I will go off plan so I keep trying to make goals.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:29 AM   #263
deanslist
Major LCF Poster!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
Posts: 2,426
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/128/126-129
WOE: Atkins (previously) Mostly vegan plant-based, IF
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) 2-1-2016 IF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I am just outside Winnipeg. Which is about an hour from the North Dakota border.
Cool! I grew up in Duluth, MN. We had some relatives in Thunder Bay we'd visit and I always thought it was so cool they could also speak French.
__________________
My Journal - High on Life
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=882416
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:17 AM   #264
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Low Carb Cod Fish Recipe

5 defosted Cod filets. Wipe out the excess moisture with paper towel. Then I sprayed a cake pan with oil, layed down 5 thin slices of lemon (one for each piece), then layed the fish on top of each slice of lemon. then I poured heavy whipping cream on top of each piece of fish. (about a cup total). Then I sprinkled each pieace of fish with some fresh grated parmesan (about 1-2 T. each piece) and a bit of salt. Then put it in a 375 oven for about 30-40 minutes. (depending on the thickness of your fish and how brown you want it to get). THAT'S IT!! It was the best fish I have ever had in my life!!!

I would imagine you could do all kinds of variations on the fish (and ingredients) as long as it was a fairly mild fish that you like. I also thought it might be good and very pretty too, to sprinkle with some chopped almonds and fresh herbs just before serving. I could see this being a special meal for company too! AND SOOO EASY!

ENJOY!!!

Last edited by StillTheOne; 09-18-2016 at 11:19 AM..
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:24 AM   #265
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,348
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Cool! I grew up in Duluth, MN. We had some relatives in Thunder Bay we'd visit and I always thought it was so cool they could also speak French.
That's awesome my mom is doing her Ph.D. At the Duluth university so I have been there a couple times. It's about 7-8 hours from me. Manitoba had the second largest French population in Canada after Quebec so lots of ppl speak French here!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:27 AM   #266
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
^ I found that recipe on a low carb recipe forum and I made it and liked it enough to make it again .
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:31 AM   #267
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Carb count for this BEST EVER BAKED FISH

5 Cod Fillets - 0 Carbs
1 Cup heavy whipping cream - 7 Carbs (I assumed you meant one fluid cup of heavy whipping cream, right?)
1/2 Lemon (5 thin slices) - 2 Carbs
1 Cup Parmesan cheese - 4 Carbs
Dash of Salt - 0 Carbs

The ENTIRE dish is 13 Carbs! That's great! (I rounded all carbs counts up to the next highest number, and I also over-estimated on the parmesan cheese because a lot of people go heavy on cheese.)

But most people will only eat one or two fillets (depending on the size of the fillet, of course)...so that would end up at 2.6 per fillet!! I would imagine that the count will actually end up being LESS because some of that cream will drain off the cod.

That's not bad at all for a VERY tasty meal!! Thanks for posting this one!

garrison

Wed, Aug-14-02, 08:26

...I wonder if this recipe would be good over chicken?

committed

Mon, Sep-09-02, 17:11

Hi. I found out about the lc forum when a friend told me about the best ever baked chicken. I just had to drop a line here to concur: it is fantastic. Before LCing, I grazed my way through life, cooking almost nothing. But I am really cooking now and eating much more yummy food than ever I ate before. I have so many good LC recipes that I resist going out.*

Just got back from two day business trip. All day long I kept promising myself this baked fish. Doesn't it feel great when we feed ourselves something yummy? And it is such a relief to know what to eat. I find it easy to avoid starchy foods because now I know not just what I can't eat but what I can. Before, when trying to lose weight, what I ate didn't always add up to weight loss or health . . . just confusion.

I am definitely going to try this recipe with chicken only I will put a slice of lemon on top of each piece as well as one underneath each piece. As far as the carbs go, I think I get a lot less carbs than someone figured above. I don't eat all the lemon, I use only a few tablespoons of cream . . . but I also bake in small quantities because I live alone: half pound of fish, few tablespoons cream and I think I actually consume a tablespoon of lemon juice. I don't even use a tablespoon of parmesan: I can go way overboard with cheese but parmesan, in my mind, is more of a flavoring and I use it as such.

This recipe is so good. Thanks for posting it and leading me to this forum.

Karen

Mon, Sep-09-02, 21:05

As far as the carbs go, I think I get a lot less carbs than someone figured above.*

It's a great looking recipe and at 2.6 grams per piece of fish, the carb count is very good indeed.*
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:51 AM   #268
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
The cod fish recipe is like a low carb Newburg . It is not QWL , but definitely falls into the low carb category.
I am exhausted we put white rocks down in the Japanese style garden near the gazebo . I am getting too old for this
( my exercise for the week! )
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:53 AM   #269
deanslist
Major LCF Poster!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
Posts: 2,426
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/128/126-129
WOE: Atkins (previously) Mostly vegan plant-based, IF
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) 2-1-2016 IF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
That's awesome my mom is doing her Ph.D. At the Duluth university so I have been there a couple times. It's about 7-8 hours from me. Manitoba had the second largest French population in Canada after Quebec so lots of ppl speak French here!
That's awesome, we get up to Duluth pretty frequently as my DH's family is still up there. It usually takes us about 3 hours. We moved down about 30 mins south of the Twin Cities in 2012 and are really loving the extended seasons. Your mom is at UMD? DH went there too. Ph.D, very impressive!
__________________
My Journal - High on Life
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=882416

Last edited by deanslist; 09-18-2016 at 11:57 AM..
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:56 AM   #270
deanslist
Major LCF Poster!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
Posts: 2,426
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/128/126-129
WOE: Atkins (previously) Mostly vegan plant-based, IF
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) 2-1-2016 IF
Hi everyone, the dinner went well last night - I stuck to the plan all day and then for dinner they served salmon and chicken on wild rice and vegetables. I swear, the portions were TINY, which was good for my purposes but DH was kinda disappointed. lol. So I ate my little pieces of chicken and salmon and called it good. They had a lovely looking chocolate torte thing for dessert which I didn't eat. I just sat and drank coffee while everyone else loaded up on wine. LOL. On the way home I was starving, and did stop at the gas station to use the ATM and ended up buying a Quest bar, 170 cal and 20 g protein. Not horrible. My weight stayed the same today but I was totally good with that because I usually blow it on Saturdays!!

It is a beautiful day today... we are taking the kids to a corn maze although it's about 80 and does not feel like fall. Hope you're all enjoying your Sunday!
__________________
My Journal - High on Life
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=882416
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:54 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.