Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-05-2016, 10:26 AM   #121
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/199.5/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
What treatment route did your dad choose?
I'm interested in hearing the answer to that question, too. I have an old friend who had stage 3 cancer. I have not seen or heard from her for a while, but have not seen an obituary in the newspaper, so I am assuming that her treatment went well. Also, a nephew has cancer and has been told that his cancer can be treated for a long time, but never cured. The last time I saw him he looked great, was eating good, and does not appear to be sick at all. Both of these people have gone with traditional treatment.

GB, for years we have been told to eat clean, but we don't always do it. Most people think of weight loss regarding eating, not health. You CAN lose weight very well without clean eating, so most feel that it's not really necessary.

There is a local alternative med doctor who is on the radio, too. He says you can call his office and he will send information to you regarding eating for cancer treatment. I might send for it. I know that he eats as a vegetarian and believes in no dead animals of any kind, no coffee, tea, soda. I went to him once for treatment of psoriasis. I started to see partial clearing, but then he started to change the treatment, having me switch to different supplements. That didn't make sense, since the first supplements seemed to be working, so I finally stopped going to him.

I also have a book I bought at Goodwill about proper diet for cancer treatment but I have never really read it. You don't seem to think about it when it's not in your life.

Hi Kris! Sorry you are having blisters. Hope you do well in the race.

Last edited by PACarolsue; 11-05-2016 at 10:30 AM..
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2016, 04:09 PM   #122
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/217/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/NK
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
Hi Gina Thnx for the input. What treatment route did your dad choose?
Conventional. Chemo, radiation, then surgery.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:01 PM   #123
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Conventional. Chemo, radiation, then surgery.
Ok, thnx for getting back. Hi guys

PAC< KRIS< GINA AND JAZ AND ALL THE OTHER OLD MEMBERS>

Test results came in today. I have a high grade Sarcoma with a fancy sub type name. High grade means it's prone to spreading. Stage 3 because of it's size. Might be a stage 4 depending on what the CT scan shows.

That's the latest loved ones
Old 11-08-2016, 07:31 AM   #124
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

GB, I am hoping and praying that this hasn't spread. It's good that you got the test results so you know exactly where you stand and can get on with your plan to fight this. You have always been a fighter, and if anyone can beat it, it's you!

Has the doctor given you any information as to what he wants to do next? Is there any surgery planned?
Old 11-08-2016, 08:03 AM   #125
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
GB, I am hoping and praying that this hasn't spread. It's good that you got the test results so you know exactly where you stand and can get on with your plan to fight this. You have always been a fighter, and if anyone can beat it, it's you!

Has the doctor given you any information as to what he wants to do next? Is there any surgery planned?
My doctor is conventional. So he knows nothing about natural healing. I asked him outright, should I change my diet? He said "no". Didn't even ask me what I was eating and drinking.

I asked him if he knew anything about nutrition? No. Wow huh? But that's what I keep hearing and reading.

So he wants to radiate it and cut it out along with lots of other surrounding tissue. I am consulting with a world renown natural healer cancer doctor tomorrow to see what she says.

If she says get a CT scan and get it cut out, then thats what I will probably do. My hope is to kill the cancer where ever it is and maybe leave the tumor if it's dead.

Thnx for your prayers and support my friend.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:25 PM   #126
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

I understand your wanted to do this naturally, and support you in your efforts. It's your body and you have to do what you think is best, consult with someone else and get a second, or maybe even a third opinion. I pray that you are led in the best direction for healing.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:47 PM   #127
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I understand your wanted to do this naturally, and support you in your efforts. It's your body and you have to do what you think is best, consult with someone else and get a second, or maybe even a third opinion. I pray that you are led in the best direction for healing.
Yeah, right PAC
We all want to do what we think is best when it comes to a life threatening disease. Going conventional might increase my odds of getting the cancer in remission sooner. But even then, for what I have (a high grade huge sarcoma) the chance of survival up to the 5 year point is 60 to 70%, which doesn't sound that great to me.

And it probably would come back and with a vengeance because my immune system would be compromised for life. And I dearly hate the idea of letting this surgeon turn my leg into a deformed mess, just so I can get rid of something that decided to grow there.

My logic is, that if it grew up as I pampered it with beer, chips etc.....it should be able to be put to death too. There has to be and there are ways to kill cancer. Chemo is one way, but it doesn't address stem cells.

Cancer is scary because it doesn't die on its own like normal cells do. It is immortal and divides and takes over and it does this all with cloaking devices which keeps the immune system from recognizing it.

But introduce substances that cause cancer to go into adipopsis (spelling?), cell death. Make cancer commit suicide. Strip off its fibrin coating with enzymes and make it naked to the immune system.

The immune system you are busy vamping up with coffee enemas and supplements and foods.

I mean you go to war baby.

Funny, when I was 245 with chest pains, I could not quit the beer. If I was having a good enough day with chest pains, I'd get me some beer.

But when you see a monster lump on your leg and hear how the surgeon will perform the surgery....if you're me....you're thinking....I will do everything I can to avoid getting poisoned and carved up.

No beer is easy right now. Eating gross stuff all day is easy. The grosser the better. Bring it on. I want to see this tumor shrink a little. If it shrinks a little, it can shrink alot. Kill the sucker. Kill it!!! Make it die. Make it sorry it ever decided to invade your body.

Thank God I am the type of person who is not in love with food. I love beer and I miss it a little, maybe a lot....but I can give this cancer h_ _ _. I am not a wimp in that arena.

But I did require cancer to quit beer. When I was younger I had more will power with the beer, but at this stage and having lost the vanity card for motivation....I simply hated going thru a beautiful, hot, sunny day with only lemonade or iced tea.

But now its all about saving my leg. If I save my leg, I save my life too. And this course of life will also rid me of any other possible cancer that I'm unaware of. Prostate comes to mind.

And diabetes, heart disease, stroke. It's all gonna get turned around now. A cancer diet takes care of all disease. That doesn't mean that treatments aren't needed. It can, but I may need some expensive treatment too. We'll see.

And this cancer has been an amazing shot in my arm spiritually speaking. I realize many in here hold different beliefs and I respect the right to choose. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Last edited by GoBahnsen; 11-09-2016 at 07:49 PM..
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 12:17 PM   #128
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
hi everyone! Been limited for me down here but wanted to check in. Finished th race, didn't die. 3 hrs 2o mins. What a, ***kicker. It killed my feet. Didn't think I was gonna make it for a while there. Bruised some toes badly and blisters but finished it.

GB still praying for you. More later.

Still at epcot, more later. Miss you all!!
19 Jul 2017 - 140
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 07:53 AM   #129
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Hey where is everybody, quiet for a few days here? I am back home on Illinois soil again. Not happy about it - left 80 degree weather and came back to 26 degrees this morning. Got in about 2:45 this morning after driving straight thru 19 hours. Don't like that night driving, we are too old for that but DD and SIL wanted to push it so we did. Being at Disney was fabulous as always, had a wonderful 2 weeks hitting the parks and eating at lots of great restaurants. Looks like the damage was about 5 or 6 pounds, not sure yet. Walked an average of 8 miles per day which helped but still sporting the blisters. My official time for the 13 mile race was 3 hrs & 21 minutes and it took quite a toll on the old body. Mostly my feet as I think shoes were too tight after I put the "gel pad" in them and my toes got all bruised on top, constant pain every step the last 5 miles or so. (lesson learned - apparently feet swell a lot with that many miles). I had thoughts of giving up - why do such damage to a body part when I had no chance of getting a great "finish time" anyway?? But I would have had to ditch DD alone to finish and blisters were not bleeding so I stuck it out walking.

GB you are continuously in my thoughts prayers. My heart goes out to you and your family and Mike and I were so sorry to hear your diagnosis. I have no experience with cancer but I pray that however you decide to treat it works. I was not even aware that diet/the bad things we eat or don't eat could affect cancer's growth so much. I pray that you beat this thing. with the combination of your will to make the necessary changes an your doctors advice together. I know that you will do whatever you can and we will certainly be right there praying with you

I have lots of laundry to do and hopes of getting a run in this morning after so much time sitting in the cramped car so hope you all have a great Sunday!!
19 Jul 2017 - 140
Old 11-13-2016, 06:49 PM   #130
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, I'm glad you had a good time, but I'm also glad you arrived home safe and sound, except for the sore feet. LOL Whatever your time on the race, the important part is that you did it and you finished. We are proud of you.

How we eat effects a lot of other diseases too, beside cancer, but it seems that it has become more and more about weight and looks. I think it's the processing of foods that's doing it. What are we to do, except do the best we can with what we know.

How's it going GB? I am praying for you, also, and am confident that you will beat this.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:36 AM   #131
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
Hey where is everybody, quiet for a few days here? I am back home on Illinois soil again. Not happy about it - left 80 degree weather and came back to 26 degrees this morning. Got in about 2:45 this morning after driving straight thru 19 hours. Don't like that night driving, we are too old for that but DD and SIL wanted to push it so we did. Being at Disney was fabulous as always, had a wonderful 2 weeks hitting the parks and eating at lots of great restaurants. Looks like the damage was about 5 or 6 pounds, not sure yet. Walked an average of 8 miles per day which helped but still sporting the blisters. My official time for the 13 mile race was 3 hrs & 21 minutes and it took quite a toll on the old body. Mostly my feet as I think shoes were too tight after I put the "gel pad" in them and my toes got all bruised on top, constant pain every step the last 5 miles or so. (lesson learned - apparently feet swell a lot with that many miles). I had thoughts of giving up - why do such damage to a body part when I had no chance of getting a great "finish time" anyway?? But I would have had to ditch DD alone to finish and blisters were not bleeding so I stuck it out walking.

GB you are continuously in my thoughts prayers. My heart goes out to you and your family and Mike and I were so sorry to hear your diagnosis. I have no experience with cancer but I pray that however you decide to treat it works. I was not even aware that diet/the bad things we eat or don't eat could affect cancer's growth so much. I pray that you beat this thing. with the combination of your will to make the necessary changes an your doctors advice together. I know that you will do whatever you can and we will certainly be right there praying with you

I have lots of laundry to do and hopes of getting a run in this morning after so much time sitting in the cramped car so hope you all have a great Sunday!!
Thnx Kris and PAC.
Wow Kris nice goin on not stoppin. I think I would have stopped. Just walked or whatever. I don't push myself anymore with exercise. Those days are over. Been there done that. I have fond memories of doing things late in my 50's that were more impressive than my ability in my younger days.

You obviously have a lot of inner determination. Hopefully that will find it's way into what you eat and drink, where you seem to struggle more than killing your feet in a half marathon.

The weight is coming off me at a nice steady rate. But the fact that losing weight doesn't concern me much right now, makes losing the weight easier.

My big concern is to shrink this tumor and stop any spread to other areas.

I just order an infra red heating pad that I can velcro around my leg and cook this tumor with 159 degree heat that penetrates 3 inches inside. Cancer does not tolerate heat. Many people with cancer who have had a big fever for some other reason, recover from the fever and afterwards, discover that they are cancer free at the same time.

This is what they do in Germany. They raise the body temp to 107 for a period of time and you do it like once a week for a stint. I was just about to go to this clinic where they will charge me $250 for an hour, just for my leg to get heated up. 5 days a week for a month.

I'm supposed to start next week, but when my pad arrives tomorrow, I will see if I get any results by cooking it myself. The various articles on these pads and cancer are encouraging. Heat plus the rest of the kitchen sink thats being thrown at this beast, might start to show some results.

Thnxs for prayers!!
Old 11-14-2016, 07:37 PM   #132
shelby'snana
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ 153.8 / 127 5'2"
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
still praying for you !

I have to remember that the person I want so desperately to become is already in me. That person has never gone away.

Laura
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 06:09 PM   #133
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Everyone,

Not much new here. Just getting life back to normal after being gone over 2 weeks on vaca! Wish life could be like that all the time. So much fun, but takes a lot out of you. I've not been eating a lot, but not been on a plan really either, still up the 5 that I gained eating my way around Epcot World Showcase. It feels like 'real' weight that I've picked up so I guess I'll have to get to work to drop it. I've just been coasting a couple of day, doing laundry, catching up on DVR'd shows. I missed my Walking Dead!!

I've walked about an hour every day since I got home, not nearly the walking I did in Florida. I'm going to keep it up tho, it's something. The really cold weather hits here Saturday and then its gonna be crap for a few months Not looking forward to it. I had salmon today and only one small beer. Trying to get back into "diet mode"

How you doing GB? Anything new to report? I know your treatment will be a long slow road but I'm thinking about you every day and praying for the best for you.
19 Jul 2017 - 140

Last edited by schaferk; 11-15-2016 at 06:10 PM..
Old 11-17-2016, 06:06 AM   #134
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
still praying for you !
Thank you shelby'snana for your thoughts and prayers. Welcome back Kris.....home that is. Hi PAC

Yeah, Kris, like you said....probbly a long slow journey out of cancer. i have learned so much. I feel like a cancer encyclopedia, but I only possess the tip of the iceberg if that.

But I do feel like I have a little handle on how cancer operates and I am trying to use my best logic and reason guided by prayer, to attack this attacker.

I have given myself three treatments with my new infra red heating pad and I'm hoping the logic works. Granted, there are several ways to heat up cancer inside a tumor so that it dies.

Lots of expensive radio and micro wave machines run by an expert to target the cancer inside the tumor. You can fly to Germany for it. I'm like.....well, why not try strapping a heating pad that radiates heat deep into the tissue and let the cancer deal with that.

Try it at least huh? I have read that it's good to use heat, like saunas (infra red) hot baths, etc....but not too much on using a pad that heats up to 159 and letting that do it's job for an hour. Not sure why?

Maybe it won't work. I don't know, but before I ran off to this clinic every day (it's local) and dropped $250 for an hour of heat treatment with a fancy machine....I thot I should try something more affordable, tho not so techy.

But that's just me. It is soooooo me. It makes me happy. And cancer hates happy. It really does. It thrives in depression and negativity.

Anyway....thanks for your prayers. I am praying to Jesus Christ and God the Father and His Holy Spirit to heal me. And more importantly, to heal my inner man thru this trial.

I have been a selfish man all my life. I hide it well so people won't distance themselves from me, but I have been a self-centered soul for all my life.

Cancer carries a big stick. You can't lay down and quit or the stick will beat on you. So, in the process of the fight, you learn things you would never learn without a monster chasing you with a big stick.

You learn to grow your faith in your Maker. You learn to lean in on Him. You learn to confess your failures and receive forgiveness. You learn to love others more. You learn to pray.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:33 AM   #135
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

GB, I think you have the right attitude to beat this. I read a little about the heat treatment and it seems to be becoming the new thing. I hope it works for you.

I think we are all self centered and it's something like this that sets us on our butts, if we let it. Don't let it, GB. It's not you to lay down and take it. You are a fighter. You have proven that in your weight loss. We are all praying to God about this, and God does hear us and answer our prayers.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:55 PM   #136
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Hi PA, GB and everyone,

GB So glad you are educating yourself and learning so much about cancer and some of the problems you will be facing. It's the smart thing to do, but I'd probably just be a basket case if it were me. You are facing it head on and strong and I am proud of you. What else can one do Just pray and learn as much as you can about fighting it. I'm afraid I might not be as strong and open minded as you are. I know all you are doing will surely help some. You must beat this. We must trust God

Not much new from me, my life is just drifting right now. I'm trying not to gain, trying not to eat but you know life keeps happening. I'm even trying to stay home as much as possible, not making any plans I don't have to.
19 Jul 2017 - 140
Old 11-19-2016, 01:34 PM   #137
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi PA, GB and everyone,

GB So glad you are educating yourself and learning so much about cancer and some of the problems you will be facing. It's the smart thing to do, but I'd probably just be a basket case if it were me. You are facing it head on and strong and I am proud of you. What else can one do Just pray and learn as much as you can about fighting it. I'm afraid I might not be as strong and open minded as you are. I know all you are doing will surely help some. You must beat this. We must trust God

Not much new from me, my life is just drifting right now. I'm trying not to gain, trying not to eat but you know life keeps happening. I'm even trying to stay home as much as possible, not making any plans I don't have to.
Thnx Kris Why would you be a basket case? I'd be that if I wasn't assured that I'm going to a better place. If I thot this life was the big real deal and afterwards you enter a world of spirits floating around, wishing they were back on earth in a body susceptible to disease and death.

But I know what you're saying. I have gone thru different levels of processing myself. I have been angry, but not at God. Not at God. Angry at cancer (still am).

I have been down cast and riding high on faith in Christ. Like I said before, 245 pounds with chest pains could NOT stop me from drinking beer!!!!

Losing my leg???? That stopped me. Not only did it stop me from every single scrap of unnecessary junk going into my mouth, but it has been purging me of my self-absorption and self-centered-ness too.

It took this to get me to get really real with Jesus. Otherwise, I tend to play my faith fast and loose. Everything changes once you know you may not see another Christmas.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:18 PM   #138
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

I agree GB. Sometimes we just need a big ole wake up call. I just so hate to see you going through all this. I would not be upset at God either, but I think I'd really be a mess. Little things in life upset me so much. Something as big as cancer would do me in. But I guess we all man up and do things when we have to. Still praying for you

I'm just still drifting. Nothing new here to report, same old stuff......

Cold and windy here today. I just wish I could go back to Florida already
19 Jul 2017 - 140
Old 11-19-2016, 07:05 PM   #139
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, did you get snow? We got some today. It just accumulated a bit on the grass and the deck, but it was freezing out there! Yesterday was beautiful, in the 70s. I went out wearing a light jacket but I was really hot in the sun. Today we went out to the store and I didn't realize how cold it was and I wasn't dressed for it. It was in the 30's and very windy. I froze! Now my nose is runny. I hope I'm not getting sick for Thanksgiving...I'm cooking this year, but not getting much company that I know of. You really never know who's going to walk thru my door, though. It might not be fancy, but anyone who doesn't have anywhere to go is welcome here.

GB, it's hard to hear you talk that way, but you're right. The Lord will handle this in his way. I know that he hears our prayers and knows that we still want you here with us. I really don't know what I would be doing and feeling in your position. I know when I had my heart surgery I put it in God's hands and a calm came over me. I didn't know if I was going to live or die, but either way I was ready.

Last edited by PACarolsue; 11-19-2016 at 07:07 PM..
Old 11-20-2016, 06:05 AM   #140
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning all,

No snow on us PA. Someone said it spit a few flakes Fri night but I slept thru it and no accumulation thank goodness. Big helium balloon parade here yesterday and they had problems controlling the balloons I heard due to wind and cold. I missed that too, stayed home. Back has been stiff last 2 days I've been a couch potatoe with ice on it. No walking even, so I know I'll be up 5 pounds. Inactivity does that to me. I really need to move where it's warm so can be outside year round but right now we are too lazy to do that. I will have grandkids 3 full days next week so wont be eating much. Then once get thru 2 big Thanksgiving meals maybe get on a real plan again. I've had vacation-carryover since returning from Florida. I gained 5 there and probably 5 more since home but I'll do a fast and then a few days of protein shakes and then strict LC. That will work for a few pounds, but I never quite get to my goal - never keep it going. I want to this time tho before that 2nd half marathon in April.

GB hope you are doing OK. I can't say 'doing fine' cause I know you aren't. I am glad you doing what you think you should to fight this and I hope it works. All I can say is I'm thinking about you always and continue to pray for you. You are getting healthier and losing weight in the process. How much have you dropped?? I know it's no silver lining and its very hard to have to give up things we enjoy. I feel for ya
19 Jul 2017 - 140
Old 11-20-2016, 01:34 PM   #141
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good Morning all,

No snow on us PA. Someone said it spit a few flakes Fri night but I slept thru it and no accumulation thank goodness. Big helium balloon parade here yesterday and they had problems controlling the balloons I heard due to wind and cold. I missed that too, stayed home. Back has been stiff last 2 days I've been a couch potatoe with ice on it. No walking even, so I know I'll be up 5 pounds. Inactivity does that to me. I really need to move where it's warm so can be outside year round but right now we are too lazy to do that. I will have grandkids 3 full days next week so wont be eating much. Then once get thru 2 big Thanksgiving meals maybe get on a real plan again. I've had vacation-carryover since returning from Florida. I gained 5 there and probably 5 more since home but I'll do a fast and then a few days of protein shakes and then strict LC. That will work for a few pounds, but I never quite get to my goal - never keep it going. I want to this time tho before that 2nd half marathon in April.

GB hope you are doing OK. I can't say 'doing fine' cause I know you aren't. I am glad you doing what you think you should to fight this and I hope it works. All I can say is I'm thinking about you always and continue to pray for you. You are getting healthier and losing weight in the process. How much have you dropped?? I know it's no silver lining and its very hard to have to give up things we enjoy. I feel for ya
Hi Kris
Thnx for the prayer support!!! Sorry to hear you're laid up. Have you considered an infra red heating pad instead of ice? Google it. See what you think.

I have dropped 15 pounds. About 10 of that in the last 20 days of no beer. Eating super clean makes it hard to get a lot of calories. A lot of the sups I'm on for cancer require an empty stomach and then a ton of water to wash down so many sups.

The one I have to hit really hard is pancreatic enzymes. I'm suppose to take 30 a day in order to strip off the fibrin coating on the cancer cells, the coating that hides them from the eye of the immune system.

Isn't cancer an evil? If it isn't evil enough that the life sucking cells that they are destroy surrounding tissues....they coat themselves so as not to be recognized as "not self." The immune system hunts for anything foreign and attacks it.

Cancer goes stealthy. Anyway, the enzymes strip off their cloak so they are seen for what they are. So I'm either full of water or veggie smoothies all the time. I never get hungry...but I am also never thrilled with what I'm eating.

But if and when I see the first shred of evidence that God is breaking up this monster tumor with all of my natural assault weapons...I will be so relieved and excited that I won't care in the least bit that I am currently not enjoying what goes in my mouth.

It's all about perspective isn't it? Imagine how thrilled a blind person would be to wake up one morning and see light and images and colors!!! While the rest of us go around complaining everyday with both eyes working just fine.

Perspective. If I get to keep my leg the natural way....I will forever look back and thank God I didn't listen to the guy who wanted to mangle my leg, burn me and poison me.

And if I lose the fight....I am headed for a place where I will get a new leg. One without cancer. A place where there is no sorrow. Every tear shall be wiped away and replaced with joy unspeakable and full of glory.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:25 AM   #142
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Good job on the loss GB! Of course not the way I would have wanted you to do it But keep up all the fighting. When do you see your doctor again?

I won't be as chatty this week as I have the little boys 3 days straight all day. They are a handful for me.... I'm also eating what they eat (kinda) so pretty carby. I could try harder, but I'm just grabbing something easy when theydo

I have not tried heating pad lately. I used to use them. Fortunately, this back stuff I get now is usually just a day and half to two days of "walking like a penguin" and no running. Then it usually goes away on it's own. I once went to a chiro and it was worse after he touched me - horrible bad for a week. I missed work. So I swore off them...

Hope all is well with you PAC
19 Jul 2017 - 140

Last edited by schaferk; 11-22-2016 at 03:27 AM..
Old 11-22-2016, 04:41 AM   #143
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Kris, sorry to hear you're having back problems. Although it seems to make sense to rest, it's actually movement that will make you feel better, just not anything strenuous. Maybe having the kids around keep you moving and take your mind off it. I have gone to chiropractors for years for my back. Not so much lately. After they adjust you, your muscles are sore for a while, but then it improves. Hard to tell if it's doing harm or good.

Keep up the good attitude GB! Hope the infared heat helps. It's terrible to lose weight this way, but maybe the end justifies the means. God is watching over you.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:06 AM   #144
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Wishing all a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!
Old 11-24-2016, 07:57 AM   #145
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Thanksgiving PAC, GB, and everyone here on our thread. God bless you all.
19 Jul 2017 - 140
Old 11-24-2016, 08:01 AM   #146
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Wishing all a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!
Same to you PAC!!

Hi Kris and all you others who come and go in this thread. Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful this TG day. As odd as it sounds, I am thankful for the cancer, even if it takes my leg or life.

As I have said before, I simply was on a path of self-destruct until I got the cancer diagnosis. Just like you Kris, but in a different way....some of us simply cannot do the right thing, because it's too hard.

We want to be healthy, fit and trim....but there is simply not enough to motivate us to actually make the massive sacrifice to make it happen.

Yes, it feels massive. When your friends and DH are calling you to the pub for the Tuesday special.....to stay at home and miss the fun is DEVASTATING.

But if saying yes could cost you your leg, well then....saying " no thank you" is a no brainer and DH and all friends totally understand. So you see that cancer can be a blessing. It literally forces you to do what you were too weak and unwilling to do. And again....all friends an DH stop their pressure upon you to join them in self-destruction.

Did that sound too harsh? I know they all mean well. Life is hard. Living in the mid-west in the winter begs for pub time. Good health must take a back seat or else you will die of boredom.

My goodness it takes quite a punch to wake us up. Chest pains were not enough for me. It took cancer to punch me into reality.

Am I happier now? Well, I am only less than a month of self-treatment, so I am barely on my way. I am most thankful for my current conversations with God. Conversations that I avoided when I was able to pull a cold ale out of the fridge. And then another and another and another.

Prior to the cancer I lived a silly, foolish life of fun and games. Sure I worked to provide for my family and I went to church and served there in small ways. But at the end of the day I was not really honoring God the way I needed to.

So the cancer is a blessing in disguise. It's all about perspective isn't it?
Come this next February I would be on an operating table (after radiation had been applied to kill both cancer and good tissue and the commencement of the destruction of my immune system) to have my leg turned into a big mess.

Can you imagine how thankful I will feel in February if I still have a fully functional leg and the tumor is dissolving inside and Pet scans show no cancer advancing?!!!! That is what I expect. God is in the driver's seat. And I know He expects all due diligence on my part. (He does not honor sloth). I have a ton of prayer support and love. I think I'm going to be just fine.

I love you all. Thanks for your prayers. I am thankful this Thanksgiving Day.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:47 AM   #147
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Still keeping healing thoughts for you, GB

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well as the other ladies on here.
Old 11-25-2016, 05:37 AM   #148
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

So glad all that T-day face stuffing is over. I didn't do well this year. In past years, I've been fine but for some reason not this year. Not complaining, I have plenty to be thankful for and I thank God for those things in my life often. I just went a bit crazy, 2 huge meals 2 days in a row. Then was supposed to do pizza buffet today with DD & SIL but I had to back out. Just couldn't stand a 3rd day of pigging out. I'm so over it. I feel OK, except for a scratchy throat I must have picked up from a niece. I just want to stay home and NOT eat. We have lots of left over turkey so this COULD be a good time for me to get on the wagon and start strict LC if I'd just do it. A couple I ate with yesterday has been on LC for 6 weeks and both have lost between 15 and 20. They were put on LC by their doctors to treat high cholesterol and high blood pressure. They looked great. All these years I'd been pushing LC to them but they were na-sayers until doctors orders They looked great and have about 10 pounds more to go. So we did a lot of chatting about the ins and outs of LC life as we ate our high carb meal. This was their first cheat meal off LC in the entire 6 weeks. But they will get right back on and hopefully I can soon also. I have not even weighed in several days. I guess I'm just not in a great mood lately. But I am sure things will get better. Maybe it's the cold weather??

I plan to stay home today and not do much, eat leftovers & watch the 2 movies we rented. Hope you all have a great post Thanksgiving Day!!
19 Jul 2017 - 140
Old 11-25-2016, 06:06 AM   #149
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

GB, I am praying for you daily, that this treatment is successful...kills the awful cancer, saves your leg and your life. It is in God's hands.

Kris, maybe seeing the success of your two friends will put a fire under you. You do not have that much to lose, but I know it is enough for it to bother you, and I know you want to be healthy. I pray for you also, that you will find a way to join your healthy eating to your social life with DH and friends. It can be done, and I believe in you, my friend!

Me, I had a success of my own this Thanksgiving. I am recently realizing that my problem is eating too much and snacking, even though most of my eating is healthy. I had a very nice Thanksgiving meal and felt completely happy and satisfied afterwards. I ate 1 serving of everything I wanted, including carbs and stopped when I felt comfortably satisfied with no guilt. I did NOT go back for a second helping of anything, and even ate a 1 inch slice of pie with whipped cream. I did not eat anything the rest of the day. All leftovers went home with my step daughter except for some turkey which we will eat today. I am very please with myself that I was not sitting here holding my overstuffed belly, and went to bed on an empty stomach. I have decided for now, I am going to concentrate on eating like this, nothing off limits, but just eating when hungry, no more. I pray that I can stop the snacking and overeating. I will always have to watch my carbs because of my diabetes. If I can conquer this, then I will concentrate more on losing. I have been carrying this fat around for so many years, I can handle a few more months, until I get my eating under control, and who knows? I might lose some along the way.

Gina, Laura and Seabreezes, thank you for visiting here and offering prayers and encouragement to GB in his battle with cancer. It is good to know that even with our differences in our WOE, we can still come together for someone in need.

Last edited by PACarolsue; 11-25-2016 at 06:07 AM..
Old 11-25-2016, 07:26 AM   #150
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
GB, I am praying for you daily, that this treatment is successful...kills the awful cancer, saves your leg and your life. It is in God's hands.

Kris, maybe seeing the success of your two friends will put a fire under you. You do not have that much to lose, but I know it is enough for it to bother you, and I know you want to be healthy. I pray for you also, that you will find a way to join your healthy eating to your social life with DH and friends. It can be done, and I believe in you, my friend!

Me, I had a success of my own this Thanksgiving. I am recently realizing that my problem is eating too much and snacking, even though most of my eating is healthy. I had a very nice Thanksgiving meal and felt completely happy and satisfied afterwards. I ate 1 serving of everything I wanted, including carbs and stopped when I felt comfortably satisfied with no guilt. I did NOT go back for a second helping of anything, and even ate a 1 inch slice of pie with whipped cream. I did not eat anything the rest of the day. All leftovers went home with my step daughter except for some turkey which we will eat today. I am very please with myself that I was not sitting here holding my overstuffed belly, and went to bed on an empty stomach. I have decided for now, I am going to concentrate on eating like this, nothing off limits, but just eating when hungry, no more. I pray that I can stop the snacking and overeating. I will always have to watch my carbs because of my diabetes. If I can conquer this, then I will concentrate more on losing. I have been carrying this fat around for so many years, I can handle a few more months, until I get my eating under control, and who knows? I might lose some along the way.

Gina, Laura and Seabreezes, thank you for visiting here and offering prayers and encouragement to GB in his battle with cancer. It is good to know that even with our differences in our WOE, we can still come together for someone in need.
Awwwww PAC
thank you for those gracious words. Hi Kris

Great job PAC on the eating yesterday. Because of the cancer I had to eat carefully too. Animal protein is acceptable on my cancer diet, but not after 2:00 PM. The reason being that animal protein breaks down slowly and if eaten at night ends up facing a lymph system that has gone to bed along with you.

The protein hits the system too late and excess gets dumped off into joints and other areas including the tumor. Thus, for all humans, youre best served to eat your meats and eggs for breakfast and lunch. I know...cry, cry, boo hoo.

I paid $130 to learn that, so take it for free if you want to avoid degenerative disease.

I ate very light last night and you know what....it was fun. I had plenty of my wife's vegetable dishes. One tablespoon of mashed potatoes and whipped cream sweetened with stevia for dessert.

We had company over and I nursed about 3 or 4 ounces of red wine on the whole event. Just to have the taste pleasure roll around in my mouth here and there.

Had it been a typical cancer free TG Day, I would have been drinking ale all day and eating two huge plates of food with a couple of glasses of wine and gone to bed packed and feel lousy this morning.

I'm thankful for the cancer that keeps me in check and forces me to live right. I needed this. Thank the LORD!!!

Hey guys listen to this : Please do a little research on apricot seeds and B17. Just google and read some alternative sites. Do it if you want to avoid cancer for life. And who knows it you don't already have un-detected tumors already growing but too small for a CT scan to pick up. The B17 protocol is cheap and it will knock out any existing cancer and prevent any new from arising.

Please read up. The AMA and the American Cancer Society hopes and prays you will never learn about curing cancer. They need your patronage. Don't read their sites. They are liars and thieves. They run a trillion dollar business. Do you really think they want to lose that all over some apricot kernels?

Do your research my friends. Avoid cancer or heal your existing. I will share more if you want me to, but I don't want to be a pest about it