Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-25-2016, 09:37 AM   #151
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Always interested to hear about what you learn, GB.

PAC, I had a similar day to you. We went to friends and I had a bit of everything. One glass of wine so I could be the designated driver. I don't even have leftovers to deal with. I did wake up this morning wishing I had some more turkey, though. Maybe I'll get a few slices at the deli.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend......

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2016, 11:08 AM   #152
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
GB You are a wealth of knowledge!! I know I've said that before. I really appreciate your good advice and hearing what you learn. I will read up on the Apricot seeds and B17! And, I continue to pray for you and fight this battle with you. I pray your sacrifices will pay off You help us all so much. Thank you again

PAC Glad you were able to make some decisions about your future plan. Sounds like you did well yesterday and were happy with things. My day just didn't turn out exactly like I had hoped for a few reasons. I ate crap 2 days AND I was disappointed when youngest DD cancelled on stopping by with the boys after she left her dad's side of the family. Divorce always makes holidays tougher. It sucks sharing kids and grandkids with the Ex's side, people who never cared about them all their lives but then want to be in the picture later in life when all the hard part is over. duh. blah blah blah. Sorry just venting

Seabreezes Nice of you to be designated driver. I should do that more often and stay away from the alcohol. I didn't have any yesterday and only a little wine on Wed night but I tend to like my craft beer way too much. I might be pretty thin if I was to ever give it up

This day seems to be dragging into a long one. Watching 2nd movie already and had some turkey leftovers, some carbs but didn't overdue. Ate at noon and not going to have anything else all day. I feel the day will be long but I'm staying home and not fighting the crowds or going around any food & beer. I do like the feeling of not eating for long stretches. It's just boring.

I think my plan will be to fast a couple of days, then very low carb for awhile 3 weeks then regular LC with veggies added another 5 weeks. I also plan to take GBs advice and eat my protein, meat & eggs early in the day and either skip dinner or go with salads. I should be where I want to be in 8 weeks, before the next half marathon in April. It's a lot of talk tho, will be hard for me to stick with my plan. I have done it before and I really hope to. I'd be happy with 20 pounds altho I need to lose 30 actually for a healthy weight. I have crept up past my sig weight. I'll weigh again and start over
18 May 2017 - 144.5
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 06:56 AM   #153
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/199.5/? 5'2"
WOE: JUDDD, reduced carb
Start Date: Tomorrow
GB, for years, I ate most of my food early in the day. I ate breakfast and lunch, but rarely dinner. This was because I was single living alone and did not come home from work and cook. It was when I married that dinner came back into my life, and brought the weight and probably medical conditions. So I do believe what you are saying is true.

Kris, I have been reading a lot lately about intermittent fasting etc. That might work for you, or calorie/carb cycling, where you eat very little on certain days and eat normally on others. It is said to keep your metabolism from slowing down from lower calorie/carb eating daily. So you could eat less on the days you are not socializing. And/or eat only one meal when you know you are going to be socializing. When you think about it, that's the way naturally thin people eat, like my friend. She rarely eats breakfast, eats lunch, but rarely eats much for dinner. Her husband works second shift M-T so she prepares a meal for her teen age kids, but eats very little herself, and she is constantly on the go with her kids and their activities. Then on weekend, she eats a lot more. She cooks a big breakfast for her family, and they eat out F, S, S. Then Monday she's back to her light eating. She does not do this for weight loss, it's just her natural WOE. She is very thin, like a size 2 and just turned 50. Even the WOE that GB was discussing was similar to IF, with eating most of your protein early in the day. I do try to do that but dinner is such a big deal for DH, and he can easily go all day not eating but wants a big dinner. You definitely need to find a way to work around your socializing. It can be done. You just need to find what works for you. I agree that it gets very boring when you fast for a long time. I think in time you can get used to it. Eating is just a habit sometimes. You, and me too, have to find something to keep us busy so we don't snack unnecessarily.

Seabreezes, we finished off our leftover turkey yesterday, and I ate with no carbs, just some green beans. I think I will watch for turkey breasts on sale and cook them once in a while. Turkey is healthy, depending on what you eat with it. We still have 1 pie left over. I'm not really big on pumpkin pie, though. DH can have it. LOL
Old 11-28-2016, 07:27 AM   #154
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

I like the new pic PAC!! It really looks good. I have some newer pics, mine is about 4 or 5 year old now but I'm not sure how to change it. Perhaps I'll figure it out one of these days.

Just a quick pop in to say Nothing new with me, still kinda coasting but cutting carbs out in a laid back way. Not making a "big deal" out of it yet but starting to get in the habit again. I weighed in this morning and it was bad I'll change my sig to reflect the starting over

Happy cyber Monday to you all!
18 May 2017 - 144.5
Old 11-28-2016, 02:08 PM   #155
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
GB You are a wealth of knowledge!! I know I've said that before. I really appreciate your good advice and hearing what you learn. I will read up on the Apricot seeds and B17! And, I continue to pray for you and fight this battle with you. I pray your sacrifices will pay off You help us all so much. Thank you again

PAC Glad you were able to make some decisions about your future plan. Sounds like you did well yesterday and were happy with things. My day just didn't turn out exactly like I had hoped for a few reasons. I ate crap 2 days AND I was disappointed when youngest DD cancelled on stopping by with the boys after she left her dad's side of the family. Divorce always makes holidays tougher. It sucks sharing kids and grandkids with the Ex's side, people who never cared about them all their lives but then want to be in the picture later in life when all the hard part is over. duh. blah blah blah. Sorry just venting

Seabreezes Nice of you to be designated driver. I should do that more often and stay away from the alcohol. I didn't have any yesterday and only a little wine on Wed night but I tend to like my craft beer way too much. I might be pretty thin if I was to ever give it up

This day seems to be dragging into a long one. Watching 2nd movie already and had some turkey leftovers, some carbs but didn't overdue. Ate at noon and not going to have anything else all day. I feel the day will be long but I'm staying home and not fighting the crowds or going around any food & beer. I do like the feeling of not eating for long stretches. It's just boring.

I think my plan will be to fast a couple of days, then very low carb for awhile 3 weeks then regular LC with veggies added another 5 weeks. I also plan to take GBs advice and eat my protein, meat & eggs early in the day and either skip dinner or go with salads. I should be where I want to be in 8 weeks, before the next half marathon in April. It's a lot of talk tho, will be hard for me to stick with my plan. I have done it before and I really hope to. I'd be happy with 20 pounds altho I need to lose 30 actually for a healthy weight. I have crept up past my sig weight. I'll weigh again and start over
Hi Kris and PAC and Seabreezes

Just animal protein before 2:00. I eat hemp seeds, chia and sprouted sunflower seeds for evening protein. mixed in my veggie, salad dinner.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:00 PM   #156
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

where does the time go?? I can't believe it's December already. Time is just getting away from me I haven't gained, but haven't got solidly back on plan yet either. I've made some changes, but with all the Christmas stuff going on things are slow to start. I can't seem to get stuff done. Gotta make some decisions about money - converting and IRA to roth and paying taxes on it which would be a big cost. Gotta do it tho, roth is the way to go. Just hate to bite that big bullet. Ran around buying a bunch of gift cards today, all the restaurants run such good specials for xmas giftcards. Some we keep for ourselves and some we give away

Hope everyone is doing well
18 May 2017 - 144.5
Old 12-02-2016, 06:21 AM   #157
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, I didn't go with Roth because I didn't want to pay taxes on it. Now that I am on SS I can take a distribution and it still doesn't put me in a taxable bracket. There are benefits either way. You just have to decide which is best for you.

We quit doing gift cards when my step-daughter needed money so badly. Cash lets her spend it on what she needs/wants. So since we give her cash, we give step-son cash too. Some people consider it cold, but it is what works for us and it's very easy. One trip to the bank and we're done. LOL We still get gifts for our grandson, and I buy a small gift for a friend I see every Christmas. We don't exchange gifts with each other because we always buy what we want when we want it. We buy restaurant gift cards for ourselves when the offer a bonus gift card.

I have a cardiology appointment on Monday and am disappointed that I have not shown a loss. In fact, I'm up a few pounds. But I have no one to blame but myself. I am the one who puts the food in my mouth. DR will not be happy, but neither am I.

Hope you're doing well, GB. Any new developments?
Old 12-02-2016, 06:30 AM   #158
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
where does the time go?? I can't believe it's December already. Time is just getting away from me I haven't gained, but haven't got solidly back on plan yet either. I've made some changes, but with all the Christmas stuff going on things are slow to start. I can't seem to get stuff done. Gotta make some decisions about money - converting and IRA to roth and paying taxes on it which would be a big cost. Gotta do it tho, roth is the way to go. Just hate to bite that big bullet. Ran around buying a bunch of gift cards today, all the restaurants run such good specials for xmas giftcards. Some we keep for ourselves and some we give away

Hope everyone is doing well
Time is flying by huh Kris? It's like a vapor that appears for a while, then vanishes away. All the days of man are like grass. the grass grows and withers and is cast into the fire....and is remembered no more.

Perspective. Life is all about perspective. I'm finding that to be true. Everything has changed since learning that I'm fighting for my leg and life. Yet all the while knowing that this life is merely the testing grounds for what is to come.

Still....i'd really like to keep my leg....naturally of course. Don't we all? Saw a guy riding his bike just fine yesterday with his prosthetic lower leg. I'd rather not join him in that condition. Can you imagine the woosh weight loss tho. You hit the surgeon's table and lose 20 pounds or whatever in a day.!!!

That will be the last thing I'm gonna do. I would have to be totally forced into that one.

Anyway, I am learning so much, it's unreal. It's funny how we all tend to think we are relatively ok so long as we feel ok. We are clueless how toxic and full of pathogens we are until the doctor discovers the tumor and we are informed that the 750 million cancer cells every person alive carries daily....well they finally had a bad enough environment to start a successful tumor.

The funny thing is, it isn't hard to stop that from ever happening. But we will deal with that AFTER the doctor informs us. Not before. Because we feel good enough. That's how I went about it. Dumb. There are a few savvy folks out there who get it right tho.

And the cool thing is, if you make the changes so you won't get cancer, you will lose unwanted pounds as well. So it's a double blessing friends. Do your homework and thrive.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:34 AM   #159
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

GB, that post was perfect!!

Before now, you would never have even noticed that guy riding his bike with the prosthetic leg, now it really makes you think. A few days ago I saw a commercial for a local hospital, and it showed a young child walking with a prosthetic leg, and I thought of you. That child has his whole life ahead of him and he probably feels very lucky to be alive. I know you don't want this and are working toward doing what you have to do to prevent it, but it's still good to know that life goes on for many people who have been through the same thing. I know it's much different when it's you.

I agree we all go along feeling fine, and doing what we think is best to reduce our weight, when really, it's right in front of our noses, with disease prevention that goes along with it. You just can't see what's actually going on inside your body.

But when you think about it, no one lives forever. We are all just passing through, and all of us is going to die from something, eventually. And usually, we don't get to choose what that will be. We need to pass on, to make room for the new babies being born every day. Even some of those little babies don't get to live as long as we have. But it's human nature to do what we can to prolong our lives, and that's what we want for you in the end, GB.

I hope everyone else is hanging in there. I am the same, just bouncing up and down the same pounds over and over.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:27 PM   #160
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post

GB, that post was perfect!!

Before now, you would never have even noticed that guy riding his bike with the prosthetic leg, now it really makes you think. A few days ago I saw a commercial for a local hospital, and it showed a young child walking with a prosthetic leg, and I thought of you. That child has his whole life ahead of him and he probably feels very lucky to be alive. I know you don't want this and are working toward doing what you have to do to prevent it, but it's still good to know that life goes on for many people who have been through the same thing. I know it's much different when it's you.

I agree we all go along feeling fine, and doing what we think is best to reduce our weight, when really, it's right in front of our noses, with disease prevention that goes along with it. You just can't see what's actually going on inside your body.

But when you think about it, no one lives forever. We are all just passing through, and all of us is going to die from something, eventually. And usually, we don't get to choose what that will be. We need to pass on, to make room for the new babies being born every day. Even some of those little babies don't get to live as long as we have. But it's human nature to do what we can to prolong our lives, and that's what we want for you in the end, GB.

I hope everyone else is hanging in there. I am the same, just bouncing up and down the same pounds over and over.
Thnx PAC. I liked your post too. All your posts are thoughtful and other's minded.

You're right, we all know we are going to have to exit the stage at some point. Having this cancer and knowing it can easily cut my life short isn't what bothers me. It's losing the leg.

It seems so stupid and unnecessary. It's like why don't they just lipo suction tumors like mine? They will suck the fat out of your love handles, but not your big uncomfortable tumor.

I know, it would probably spread it. Who cares? If i can't kill this tumor I can't kill the spread either and vice versa. But yeah....stick a tube in it and drain it or suction it out

Anyway, my hope is that I go get my first scan and all they find is a big ol dead tumor. Then they have to figure out what to do with the blasted thing full of a trillion dead cancer cells.

But yeah....how sad to lose a perfectly good leg just because some growth decided to move in. My mind cannot accept that it can't be killed.

I have read so many testimonials now from real people who even leave an email address if you want to talk to them for support, and the conventional doctors did what they could....it did not work....so the patient tries something like B17 because what have they got to lose anyway? And then lo and behold, after 3 months they start to feel better.

Then they go back for a scan (by now their oncologist is surprised they are still around) and what do you know? Those 4 tumors inside them that the chemo failed to destroy, are no longer there!!!

Do you think the oncologist is thrilled? No. He or she is not thrilled. It would be like discovering a relatively cheap oral rinse that....after 3 months use causes all your cavities in your teeth to be filled up with enamel again.

What a horror story for every dentist in the world, along with the dental hygienists and and the office staff and the companies that make dental chairs and equipment, etc, etc.

Anyway, I will get off my soap box. My cure isn't guaranteed or in the bag, but I see mo logical reason why it can't be either. Especially because I am asking God for healing daily, along with a ton of other people who know me and love me and love God too.

So there cancer....take a hike. You can just leave the same way you came in. Don't let the back door hit you in the rear on your way out. See you later....I mean...I won't see you later because I am not going to throw the welcome mat back out there for you any more.

Last edited by GoBahnsen; 12-03-2016 at 01:29 PM..
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 06:38 PM   #161
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

GB, I don't believe you are heading for the exit, or going to lose the leg. Not with the fighting attitude you have. And I agree with how you feel about the oncologists. They don't want to lose their jobs! But why can't they at least listen, and try these alternate treatments? They took an oath to do no harm, or whatever it is. One of these days you will be the guy giving out the email address to others, telling how you killed your tumor.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:08 AM   #162
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

So many good posts PAC and GB I just love opening up this thread and reading your positive thoughts. You guys really help me. I am sorry for the bad stuff you both go through health/medical wise, and honestly just "don't know what to say" most of the time. So far I'm fairly healthy and just drift along getting thru life. Have become a real procrastinator on fixing myself - easy for me to say "I'll start tomorrow". But you both have had to man up and start immediately to do what you can to combat the medical conditions threatening your lives.

GB I am so glad that you are keeping a good attitude and I also hope and pray that your next scan shows a dead tumer. I pray all you are doing is helping. I know such a heavy weight hanging over you has to be consuming your entire life right now. I continue to pray that you don't lose your leg Your post did make me think - yes we do just drift along fat and happy thinking all is well with our bodies until we have that wake up call like you are experiencing now. I tell myself to listen to you and quit eating all that bad cancer feeding stuff (and I do plan to). But why didn't I just IMMIDEIATELY do it right now?? We always think "it wont happen to me". All of your research and advice does help and I am listening. I am going to do my best to learn from you.

to you both and have a great Sunday.
18 May 2017 - 144.5
Old 12-04-2016, 01:26 PM   #163
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

well it just finished snowing 8 full inches here. First one of the season. Hate to see it and of course I'm very uncomfortable sitting here shivering on my couch. Just the first day of many nasty ones to come. Needless to say I'm not a very happy person today and I know this is just the start of at least 4 bad months to come
18 May 2017 - 144.5
Old 12-04-2016, 03:42 PM   #164
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
well it just finished snowing 8 full inches here. First one of the season. Hate to see it and of course I'm very uncomfortable sitting here shivering on my couch. Just the first day of many nasty ones to come. Needless to say I'm not a very happy person today and I know this is just the start of at least 4 bad months to come
Hi guys. Read your posts. Our thread is easy isn't it? If you hang out in Low Carb Our Way....you have to address 12 people at least.

So, even tho we get some nice folks popping in here, overall....our job stay simple.

You both touch me with your posts. Yes that would be both of you Kris and PAC.

There are a lot of things I could write about. I am experiencing one miserable failure. I tried mixing DMSO with baking soda to get some highly alkaline stuff into the tumor site area and the tumor its self....and i got a severe rash that I have had for a few days.

You try researching on the internet (which has been really awesome) and at times, you can't get a straight answer....so you have to take a leap of faith and go for it.

Either that or sit in fear and do nothing. So I am paying a price. Like a case of poison oak. Hopefully something good came of it. Must have been one heck of a thing when a bunch of sodium bicarbonate went pouring into that tumor.!!!

Some doctors in Italy actually inject it into tumors. Forget about that being allowed here. So I did all I knew to do and sent it in with DMSO.

Yeah PAC...oncologists do want to keep their jobs just like the next guy does. And it's not them that's the problem. They are simply the stooges. I believe many of them are sincere people who want to help their patients.

But they are in a corrupt system. They MUST play by the rules or get fired or go to jail even. What are they like?

They are like certain people in **** Germany back in the day. They may have hated the ****'s, but what where they gonna do? They still liked to be alive. They still wanted to provide for their families. Do we think every guard in a **** POW camp was full of hate? I doubt it.

It was the "powers that be" at the time. Look...I am not a conspiracy type. But after what I have read of late.... I will say this much....I am more sympathetic of the conspiracy theory advocates or nuts or whatever you want to call them.

American medicine, at least when it comes to cancer, is sick. Over the top sick. Do your research. I may not win my battle, but in my case, with my type of cancer ( because in a few cases, conventional treatment is beneficial), I have a 90% chance of winning as opposed to 3% if I went the American ontological way. That's right. Do your homework people.

I did let my lump get way too big. Dumb. But I am so thankful for those who have exposed the criminal behavior here in America regarding cancer care. That's all I have to say right now. Do your research. Don't take my word for it.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:47 PM   #165
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Boy, Kris, you sure are being a Debbie Downer today! LOL The way I look at it, 4 more months and it will be spring again! I just told DH about your snow and now he thinks it's on it's way to us. I didn't hear of any snow in our forecast, but the highs are only going to be in the 20s next weekend. I don't hate it. I love having the 4 seasons. I don't like to drive in it though, just look at it, from inside my nice warm house. DH was watching the Minnesota game this afternoon and it was snowing like crazy there.

I am doing fairly well with my health, in spite of the things I have gone through in the past. I feel good, but do have a little trouble getting around, but that's my own fault, from my inactivity. I figure that I'm almost 71 years old, and healthy or not, I don't have a lot of years left. I don't want to be 101, lying in a bed in a nursing home, waiting for someone to come in and change my diaper. LOL So I have lived my life, and whenever God is ready to take me home, he knows where to find me.

GB, I can't remember if you said, and if you did, forgive me for asking again, but did they say if the cancer has spread or not? I am praying that it is just the nasty guy in your leg, and that he is on his way out!

Although you do think you are overweight, you aren't really, but just need to keep from gaining. I think you are so active and that's very good for your health. It strengthens your heart and lungs, keeps your blood flowing and your arteries clear. I don't think your social eating and drinking is that big of a deal as long as you eat healthier when you're home. It all balances out. And you're right...we all think it won't happen to us. The cancer food....we all eat the cancer food. Like we're invincible.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:52 PM   #166
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

GB, we were posting at the same time. I'm wondering about the rash. I have read that a rash is a signal of the toxins coming out of the body. Wouldn't that be great if that was it? I have a hard time thinking of you as a man in his 60s. You look so much younger in that picture.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:52 AM   #167
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
GB, we were posting at the same time. I'm wondering about the rash. I have read that a rash is a signal of the toxins coming out of the body. Wouldn't that be great if that was it? I have a hard time thinking of you as a man in his 60s. You look so much younger in that picture.
Thnx PAC It was a curse in junior high that I was slow going into puberty. All the cute girls wanted the boys who were turning into men faster. But now they all look like 61 and I look like 51. Lol

I hope you're right that the rash signals toxins being released. I think I just used too much DMSO and baking soda and left it on too long. The stuff is supposed to be non-toxic. You can drink it in tiny amounts. In fact, every body should have a bottle od DMSO in their medicine cabinet, because if you are having a stroke, you immediately drink a teaspoon full every 15 mins till the symptoms subside.

The DMSO will have dissolved the clot causing the stroke. Also take it after a heart attack to reduce the damage done to the heart. Weird huh? Read up on DMSO. It is amazing stuff. As soon as this rash heals, I plan to use it again, but way more watered down.

There is no evidence outwardly, other lumps in the high suspect areas, etc. And I feel great. But until I get a test of some kind to look inside, we won't know it is has spread.

I could wish I did not let the oncolgist surgeon do the biopsy. The MRI had already shown sarcoma. No need to know what kind in my opinion. Biopsies are controversial when dealing with cancer. It can be like poking a bee hive.

But even if it leaked out into my blood, it fell into rivers of hatred for cancer. There is very little glucose running thru my veins these days, as my body is becoming keto adapted. Plus my blood is full of enzymes that eat the fibrin coating off of the cancer cells, exposing them to my NK (killer) cells which I am taking several very expensive supplements to boost those bad boys up.

I could write a lot more about what he cancer cells have to deal with in my blood, but I'll leave it at that for now. I kind of feel sorry for the poor little guys. They had such a nice life going before I found out about them.

I shouldn't laugh, this is very serious, I know. But too....you can't let cancer scare you. It loves stress. Laughter, getting on with your life...love, joy, peace....cancer doesn't do well in a happy person.

Had less pain last night. Oh....and I drink copious amounts of essiac tea. Look that stuff up. I get mine from a vendor in Australia. If I hadn't have "stumbled" (to me nothing is happening by chance---it's all prayer guided---thanks to you guys too for that) on to Max Costello on the net, I'd be drinking a few ounces a day.

Max encourages a liter a day of his brew. I read a dialog between Max and Alex, who was a guy with a large sarcoma on his thigh. Alex said it was softening and getting spongier as he was on the tea. The question then became, what to do with all the dead cancer inside? How to drain it?

I see the cancer doctor on the 12th and I'll see if I can find out from her. Tho I think she expects this to kill me and probably won't know what to do with a dead tumor either.

It's amazing how many doctors just think of cancer in terms of it killing you and not you killing it. My cancer doctor is alternative, but I haven't found her too helpful yet in terms of telling me how to kill this thing, unless I am spending big money in her clinic.

When you get cancer, you have to take charge of it yourself...unless you want to roll over and give yourself to the conventional, cut, burn and poison approach. Which again....can have it's time and place with some cancers and depending on where they are located.

But if you have lung cancer, let's say....with a few tumors growing in there. They'll want to give you chemo. Go home, take everything you can that kills cancer (do your research), eat your apricot kernels, etc and go back for another scan in 6 weeks.

Let your oncologist wonder why the tumors are shrinking and why one of them has actually disappeared. And guess what? I have read this numerous times from different people. The oncologist will say, I don't understand this, but you still need to get on chemo.

At that point you can either fire him or her and get a new doctor to monitor your success or continue to frustrate your blind doctor untill you have no more cancer and he never got to administer his extremely expenisive, money making drugs to you.

And you never had to throw up or lose your hair. He will hate you and never want to see you again.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:58 AM   #168
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning all,

PAC Yes I was Debbie Downer yesterday. I don't like this. As I sit here this morning looking out the patio door - it was a beautiful snow, all drippy covering the trees creating a post card look I still am a 'hater' in the back of my mind Did you get the snow we got yesterday? You are in the Philly area right? Looked like it was going your way. At least it was a pretty one. It does depress me tho. I stayed on the couch ALL day yesterday, NO steps on my fitbit! I cooked two acorn squash (no brn sugar on mine) but still lots of carbs from the actual squash & had some radishes & celery. Right now I am just 'watching carbs' and trying to eat all good stuff/no empty refined processed carbs/cals. It's relaxed, not restricting, but it's still hard to pick the good healthy stuff when there's a sugary good fattening choice sitting right there next to it. I finally started gaining. I was maintaining, even with eating quite a bit on vacation and the start of holidays but now its caught up with me. I was getting even more exercise than usual, but now that's stopped with the onset of nasty weather; the walks around the mall are not nearly as challenging and usually involve a soft pretzel Gotta get my mindset right again - back to LC/healthy mode. I have not been going out drinking with the friends hardly at all so I'll have a headstart there. I've really been trying hard to eat better foods and avoid alcohol but have still been taking in just too many calories for a 5'2" bod. I am inching up weight wise. I weighed this morning and am up 4 more pounds and had to grab a pair of the dreaded "bigger jeans". Just venting here - but it is getting away from me so I'm planning to be in here more being accountable. I guess I gotta say it out loud, tell somebody. I can hide it in this kind of weather, long baggy sweatshirts and coats over my yoga pants but its starting to show on the scales I once gained 50 pounds in 6 mos and I can do it again

GB So sorry about your DMSO/baking soda reaction. Sounds awful. But at least you are trying everything you can. I'm still for you. You are learning so much! I hope you are killing those nasty cancer cells!!

PAC Is today your cardiology apt? I hope things go well for you.

Ok I got the stationary bike set up in the formal living room and I'm planning to bundle up and head out walking in what ended up being 9.5 inches of snow here in Rock Island. The streets have all been plowed and are pretty dry already since it's not real cold yet so I think I can walk on them. When there is too much salt slush and ice I don't try it, just go to mall but going to see how it is out there today.
18 May 2017 - 144.5

Last edited by schaferk; 12-05-2016 at 06:02 AM..
Old 12-05-2016, 06:21 AM   #169
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good Morning all,

PAC Yes I was Debbie Downer yesterday. I don't like this. As I sit here this morning looking out the patio door - it was a beautiful snow, all drippy covering the trees creating a post card look I still am a 'hater' in the back of my mind Did you get the snow we got yesterday? You are in the Philly area right? Looked like it was going your way. At least it was a pretty one. It does depress me tho. I stayed on the couch ALL day yesterday, NO steps on my fitbit! I cooked two acorn squash (no brn sugar on mine) but still lots of carbs from the actual squash & had some radishes & celery. Right now I am just 'watching carbs' and trying to eat all good stuff/no empty refined processed carbs/cals. It's relaxed, not restricting, but it's still hard to pick the good healthy stuff when there's a sugary good fattening choice sitting right there next to it. I finally started gaining. I was maintaining, even with eating quite a bit on vacation and the start of holidays but now its caught up with me. I was getting even more exercise than usual, but now that's stopped with the onset of nasty weather; the walks around the mall are not nearly as challenging and usually involve a soft pretzel Gotta get my mindset right again - back to LC/healthy mode. I have not been going out drinking with the friends hardly at all so I'll have a headstart there. I've really been trying hard to eat better foods and avoid alcohol but have still been taking in just too many calories for a 5'2" bod. I am inching up weight wise. I weighed this morning and am up 4 more pounds and had to grab a pair of the dreaded "bigger jeans". Just venting here - but it is getting away from me so I'm planning to be in here more being accountable. I guess I gotta say it out loud, tell somebody. I can hide it in this kind of weather, long baggy sweatshirts and coats over my yoga pants but its starting to show on the scales I once gained 50 pounds in 6 mos and I can do it again

GB So sorry about your DMSO/baking soda reaction. Sounds awful. But at least you are trying everything you can. I'm still for you. You are learning so much! I hope you are killing those nasty cancer cells!!

PAC Is today your cardiology apt? I hope things go well for you.

Ok I got the stationary bike set up in the formal living room and I'm planning to bundle up and head out walking in what ended up being 9.5 inches of snow here in Rock Island. The streets have all been plowed and are pretty dry already since it's not real cold yet so I think I can walk on them. When there is too much salt slush and ice I don't try it, just go to mall but going to see how it is out there today.
Good for you Kris on avoiding the beer with friends. Just limit it. Once and a while. You know, self control stuff.

It's always more enjoyable that way anyway. Right? Patience is a virtue. Instant gratification is always tempting, but never as rewarding as a life of patience.

So think of it that way. You are building character. The bible speaks a lot to "waiting". "Those who wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength. They shall mount up as with wings of an eagle."
Old 12-06-2016, 06:45 AM   #170
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, if you want us to beat you up, I WILL beat you up. I usually try not to be that way, but I can, when I have to! If you have gained enough to need your fat pants, you are in big trouble, especially with winter just starting. Absolutely no sweat pants or yoga pants! They will just stretch and let you grow and grow over the winter, and next spring you will be at Lane Bryant, buying some full figure jeans. Is that what you want? You HAVE to wear the real jeans. You have to lay down on the bed to zip them, and they dig into your flesh until they hurt so bad you never want a soft pretzel again the rest of your life. See, with me, diabetes is a blessing. I love soft pretzels, but I know if I give in and eat one, my blood sugar will spike sky high. I can't let that happen again, like it did that day with the spaghetti. My battle cry has to be "Remember the spaghetti!" The carbs from the squash, radishes and celery are not bad carbs. I know that they are in Atkins, but they are not the pasta, bread, sweets. The squash without the sugar has fiber, vitamins, phytoneutrients. By comparison, that pretzel has nothing going for it, just empty calories, full of nasty starchy carbs that want to undo all the good you did by doing the mall walk. Walk past the kiosk and stick your tongue out at "Bad Annie!" LOL

Ok, so I hate to do that because I have no room to talk. I feel like the pot calling the kettle black, but I will no longer tell you it's OK. It's NOT! I have done the 50 lbs gain in 6 months, too. I wish I had had someone to yell at me about it.

Apparently you are not a NFL fan, or you would know that Steeler Country is PITTSBURGH PA!! We didn't get your snow. I don't know where it went. We got a little bit of rain, with a few flurries mixed in.

The cardiology appt was a breeze. All they did was weigh me and check BP. $45. Easy money. I did get to talk to the doctor for a while, and he just asked questions. I have learned over time what the answers should be. LOL Next appt in 6 months, and I will have to have an echocardiogram at that time.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the pulmonologist. That will be even easier, but still cost $45. I have to go for my visits, so I can get new supplies for my CPAP.

On to GB. I was also a late bloomer in school. When I was in high school, I still looked like I was 10. Absolutely no sex appeal at all and no dates. Didn't even go to the prom. No guy in his right mind would have been caught dead on a date with me. LOL I can laugh about it now.

It's good that you can joke about the cancer, but it is still a serious matter and I want to see you succeed in killing it. I don't know much about cancer, but I always thought the biopsy is to see if the tumor is cancerous or benign. Some tumors are not cancer, and sometimes they can tell just from looking at it on a scan, but the biopsy tells them for sure. And I believe that it can spread to the internal organs where you can't see it, like you could the lump growing on your leg. A scan tells them if it's spread elsewhere in the body. I could be wrong...this is just what I think, I don't really know. I don't know how it spreads...if it goes through your blood stream or what. These are things you never feel you need to know until you or a loved one has it.

"They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."
Old 12-06-2016, 09:17 AM   #171
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Hi PAC No sports fan here. I have never really watched the Steelers or any other sports team on TV except my Cubbies. I do like the Chicago cubs but don't even know the names of most other teams. I hate watching most sports on tv cause it drags on and on and keeps showing things over and over. I have no patience for that. But now I know for sure where you are Glad you didn't get the snow we got. I just walked outside this morning and its pretty cold. Wasn't fun.

Feel free to beat me up! However the problem is I don't listen and learn very well I am always at war with myself, never able to figure out why I'm not a bit more disciplined But who knows, maybe this is the time that will work. I get depressed for whatever reason and don't weigh for awhile, then I get sick of myself, get on the scale and am shocked into doing something about it. Hopefully that time is now. I'll weigh tomorrow for sure and get something started. I had bac & egg for breakfast (good LC) but I do have an engagement tonight where I'll have to pick at a few carbs. Fingers crossed I'll do OK.

Hi GB !!! Hope the rash is improving
18 May 2017 - 144.5
Old 12-06-2016, 01:18 PM   #172
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, I don't listen and learn very well, either, but sometimes people's comments do hit home and I keep them in mind, even though I don't admit it. I hope that every time you put on your sweats or yoga pants you will remember my comments about how they stretch to accomodate the extra pounds. LOL That one poster who made the comment about my spaghetti really did me a favor. LOL
Old 12-09-2016, 11:39 AM   #173
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Where is everyone? Hope all is well.

I have done so well with food today. Breakfast was eggs and sausage, and lunch was grilled salmon. We are going out tonight and DH is already planning on having pizza. I am planning on having a salad. Wonder how well I'll stick to it? The place we're going doesn't have a lot that interests me. Very home-style high-carb cooking.

Psychologically I really need to be back in Onederland by the end of the year.

Last edited by PACarolsue; 12-09-2016 at 11:40 AM..
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 04:52 AM   #174
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Hi PAC!! You did so well eating. Congrats!! I am proud of you. All it takes is a couple days of good clean eating under our belts and it's easier to stick to. At least for me. Keep up the good work.

I've been quiet cause I was out with food poisoning. Didn't even get out of bed or touch my computer for a couple of days. Well, got out of bed just to puke. It was awful and I hurt all over. I laid there wondering if it was God's way of giving me a little wake up call cause my weight had been climbing up steadily and I had been pigging out. Glutony is a sin. I got sick on chicken taco salad & chips (at a place I've been to a lot). But I know it was food poisoning cause hubby had it all night too. Good thing we have three bathrooms so we could puke & 'whatever' in private but at the same time It was terrible. Would not wish this on anyone. I finally drank water last night. I weighed this morning but not really a huge loss, maybe 4 pounds. So I still have lots of work to do. But I am determined to eat better and change my bad habits. I know I've said it before but with this, and with what I've learned from GB 's research I feel ready.

Not much else going on with me. We just got estimates for new furnace & A/C unit this week, gotta make a decision. Trying to pick between Bryant & York brands. Either way gonna cost about $7,000.

GB How you feeling??

Well, I gotta get up and try to get moving after laying in bed for two days!!
18 May 2017 - 144.5

Last edited by schaferk; 12-10-2016 at 04:54 AM..
Old 12-10-2016, 07:46 PM   #175
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry you and DH were so sick, Kris. Yuk! And I hope you are both feeling better. At least you lost a few pounds, so it wasn't a total loss. LOL

I'm getting worried about myself, now. We ate at the casino buffet today and the prime rib was redder than I've ever seen it. DH said it looked like it was totally raw and all they did was warm it up. LOL I ate it anyway. He didn't. He said I'm going to get trichinellosis. I just googled it and read that you don't actually get that until 1-2 days after you eat undercooked meat. Now I'm really scared. LOL I think I will be eating a lot of yogurt tomorrow, to try to beef up my good bacteria. (no pun intended.)

Why do we do this? There was enough other stuff on the buffet....I didn't have to eat that prime rib. Not too many other people were taking it.

I did do well last night at the pizza place, and had my salad, and a cup of soup. It was all very good and healthy.

Good luck with the new furnace. I would like to get new because ours is original, and our house is 45 years old. We got a new motor in the furnace at one time. DH said we will wait until it no longer works. I don't want that to be in the dead of winter when it's 10 degrees. LOL I will go stay in a hotel.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:53 AM   #176
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

A few others have told us to just wait till the furnace or the air breaks too. We are trying to make the hard decision! Really no reason to get either one right now I guess except the $2,000 rebate from the power co.

I can't believe this but I'm still sick this morning. Got the food poisoning Thurs night so fasted Friday. Then Sat night went to a xmas party and ate some food there and Sunday morning woke up all bloated with the 'reeah' again. geeze. Now I've been in bed all morning again except for numerous trips to the bathroom. No puking tho. Sorry to be sharing all this but it really seems to be hanging on and I don't know why. Felt fine when I ate food last night but then couldn't sleep again and felt bloated like 30 pounds heavier thru the middle. Am I just getting OLD and can't even eat anymore?? I did have some light beer but did not overdue.

I think my head is still in a good place - wanting nothing to do with this bloated fat feeling. If I do eat anything today it will be good clean food. I am planning on fasting again tho just to give the tummy (or whatever) another rest
18 May 2017 - 144.5
Old 12-11-2016, 01:43 PM   #177
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
A few others have told us to just wait till the furnace or the air breaks too. We are trying to make the hard decision! Really no reason to get either one right now I guess except the $2,000 rebate from the power co.

I can't believe this but I'm still sick this morning. Got the food poisoning Thurs night so fasted Friday. Then Sat night went to a xmas party and ate some food there and Sunday morning woke up all bloated with the 'reeah' again. geeze. Now I've been in bed all morning again except for numerous trips to the bathroom. No puking tho. Sorry to be sharing all this but it really seems to be hanging on and I don't know why. Felt fine when I ate food last night but then couldn't sleep again and felt bloated like 30 pounds heavier thru the middle. Am I just getting OLD and can't even eat anymore?? I did have some light beer but did not overdue.

I think my head is still in a good place - wanting nothing to do with this bloated fat feeling. If I do eat anything today it will be good clean food. I am planning on fasting again tho just to give the tummy (or whatever) another rest
Hi ladies

Missed a few days. Congrats PAC on the loss Sorry to read about the food poisoning Kris

Will you go back to eat there again Kris? I recall distinctly when I was in high school and I had a quarter pounder from McDondals back when they wrre a new thing.

I went out into the backyard and gave it all up. You never forget it. I didn't eat McDonald's for years. It is horrifying to eat something and have to go thru hell afterwords.

God is answering prayer in amazing ways with my cancer. I will need to write a book some day. You guys need to know that I am NOT supposed to survive this type of cancer.

Most do not. Even if they try really hard with conventional or natural ways. Why am I going to survive it and keep my leg too?

Stay tuned. I will definitely have a future You Tube and other ways to help people over come their cancer. But mine will be but one voice of thousands.

What will make my story stand out is that my cancer is rare and hard to find success stories . Beating pancreatic cancer stories are numerous, but a high grade lipo sarcoma? Almost zero success stories or stories at all.

God likes the odds stacked against things. Stay tuned. Jesus is LORD.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:39 PM   #178
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Hi GB. Good to hear from you and hear that you are in good spirits and confident about your treatment. A positive attitude is very important! I agree that you will be on Utube telling your success story, with videos of your successful treatment! How have you been feeling? Are you having any fatigue or pain? And are you eating good? I hope you are not having any problems.

I don't get sick from very many foods. I can remember getting sick on Easter when I was 7. They let me eat too many hard boiled eggs and too much chocolate. What did I know? I was only 7. LOL Then as an adult I got sick from onion petals from Arbys. It was a long time before I could eat fried onions of any kind.

Kris, is DH still sick, too? I read about those things and some can last a couple weeks and a few are deadly. Be careful, and go to the DR if it doesn't improve. You really seem to have a bug of some kind. After what I read, I don't think I will be eating any more rare beef. I have eating it that way for years with no illness, but there's a first time for everything, and they warn against it for the elderly. At 70, I think that includes me. LOL I will be 71 next month. I sure hope I make it!

On the weather map, we are in line for a winter storm overnight, but our predictions for Pgh area say little or no accumulation. I am glad I don't have to go anywhere. Plenty of food in the house. I'm sure everyone has been to the store for milk, bread and toilet tissue. LOL

The $2000 from the utility company is a good deal, and maybe too hard to pass up. Plus your utility bills should drop with the new unit. You have to weigh the pros and cons. Really no cons, except the initial lay out of cash, but it's only money, ya know. When you're retired, the checks just keep coming. LOL
Old 12-12-2016, 06:08 AM   #179
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

GB Yes, you are right - we have no plans of going back to the Mexican restaurant where the food poisoning happened!! Too bad there are so many other equally good and fattening Mexican restaurants close to us!! I am still being very careful with the eating - Total fasting all day yesterday again and going to take it slow today. I feel SO SO good when fasting (like today); why do I eat at all I lost a couple more pounds with the 24 hr fasting so almost back where I was. Well unfortunately we have to eat at some point and now I am dreading when I have to try food again today. I don't even want to try it Don't want to be sick again and don't want to gain back the weight.

GBI know you will be out sharing your success story when all this is over for you and I continue to pray for you daily.

PAC Actually hubby is better, just me that was still sick yesterday. Another wasted day yesterday, most of it spent laying on the couch watching Walking Dead Marathon, zero movement. Between Saturday and Sunday we got another 3 or 4 inches of snow, good day to just lay on couch and watch it snow.

Time to get off my butt and do something, got a few errands to run and things to take care of before xmas.
18 May 2017 - 144.5
Old 12-17-2016, 05:24 AM   #180
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning! Well nobody has been in here all week. I think this little thread has officially died. I know everyone is busy busy and I never have much exciting to say these days. I haven't lost much, haven't gained. Have been keeping portions low because whenever I do "over eat" no matter what it is I seem to feel really bad/sickish. I guess it's like having the stomach sleeve surgery without having it!! A few of my friends have had it and are really pleased with the results. I am not over weight enough to qualify for having it done. And it's permanent, no reversing things. You can never again have a big meal at one setting.

Just wanted to pop back in and say hi to anyone listening!!
18 May 2017 - 144.5