Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 12-17-2016, 08:46 AM   #181
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/201/? 5'4"
WOE: reduced carb,IE
Start Date: Restart 1/1/17
Kris, I'm still here. I just don't have much to talk about, and there haven't been many posts to comment on. That's the bad side of a small thread like ours, but I guess not too many people have much to say about backsliding. They prefer not to backslide. LOL

Some people think that bariatric surgery like the sleeve are a quick fix, but there are so many complications that come along with them. First is the necessity of chewing your food thoroughly and stopping when full. If we all did that, I doubt if we would have as much trouble sticking to plan. And there's the possibility of not getting all your nutrients. The article I just read says that if you tend to overeat, you can eventually stretch your pouch back to normal size and can go back to eating larger meals. I know that there are people who have no other option for their health than to have this surgery, but most of us could follow their after surgery food plan and lose weight. We just don't want to. I think they are discouraged from going back to eating the foods that made them fat in the first place. So it is a tool to help, but not an easy fix IMO.

You don't need that, and neither do I. We both COULD be a little more diligent and lose the weight we need to lose. For me, I have given up for the rest of 2016. I am too busy getting ready for the holidays to do any formal exercise, and will only be getting whatever exercise I get cleaning and preparing.

I still get on the scale every couple days, and see the same old up/down the same pounds over and over. I had hoped to get back down under 200 by Jan 1, and I know I still have time to make it happen, but I'm not counting on it. No drive.

GB, hoping and praying things are going well for you.

If I had started a year ago I would be at goal today.

No one ever leaves the gym regretting the choice to workout.

Last edited by PACarolsue; 12-17-2016 at 08:50 AM..
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2016, 05:37 PM   #182
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
Good Morning! Well nobody has been in here all week. I think this little thread has officially died. I know everyone is busy busy and I never have much exciting to say these days. I haven't lost much, haven't gained. Have been keeping portions low because whenever I do "over eat" no matter what it is I seem to feel really bad/sickish. I guess it's like having the stomach sleeve surgery without having it!! A few of my friends have had it and are really pleased with the results. I am not over weight enough to qualify for having it done. And it's permanent, no reversing things. You can never again have a big meal at one setting.

Just wanted to pop back in and say hi to anyone listening!!
We are still here Kris Don't panic. You are going to be fine. Christmas is almost here and we all still love each other very much.

So just keep hanging in there . Here's a Christmas hug from someone who loves you.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:31 AM   #183
schaferk
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Hey PAC and GB! Thanks for popping in and letting me know you are still alive. I appreciate it and I love you guys too I know we all run out of things to talk about. But I am glad just knowing you are still here. I don't post regularly on any other threads like I used to but enjoy reading along on some of them.

PAC it may be a great idea to "give up" until the holidays are over - I think I lost a couple of pounds just watching portion size (due to me getting boated every time I ate too much). I haven't really been on any plan & I've been having a beer or 2 but not the sugar flavored kind, but I've been stopping half way thru a meal so I don't get overly full. And I lost a couple of pounds. Haven't even been walking at all since it's been minus 10 degrees here. We are experiencing an artic blast and it's bitterly cold. Planning on NOT leaving the house today, I'll have to cook something

Again so glad to hear from you both!!!
12 Jan 2017 - 141
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 07:24 AM   #184
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey PAC and GB! Thanks for popping in and letting me know you are still alive. I appreciate it and I love you guys too I know we all run out of things to talk about. But I am glad just knowing you are still here. I don't post regularly on any other threads like I used to but enjoy reading along on some of them.

PAC it may be a great idea to "give up" until the holidays are over - I think I lost a couple of pounds just watching portion size (due to me getting boated every time I ate too much). I haven't really been on any plan & I've been having a beer or 2 but not the sugar flavored kind, but I've been stopping half way thru a meal so I don't get overly full. And I lost a couple of pounds. Haven't even been walking at all since it's been minus 10 degrees here. We are experiencing an artic blast and it's bitterly cold. Planning on NOT leaving the house today, I'll have to cook something

Again so glad to hear from you both!!!
Good morning Kris and good morning to the faithful PAC:hiya:

Nice job on portion control Kris. That's only easy if you really are full huh? It's not very often that I actually don't want to clear my plate because I am full.

I'm really liking my wife's cooking for the cancer diet. She makes this stuff called cauliflower rice. It's NOT rice, it is pure calliflower after it goes thru the food processor. It looks like white rice and tastes like it too pretty much.

I was never a fan of white rice, but we all know that it's a big LC no no. So just to feel like you're cheating when you're not, is always a fun game to play.

Feeling good about the cancer fight today. I am discovering that I can put topical DMSO on as much as I want on and around the tumor site. I mix it with colloidal silver and a pinch of baking soda.

The DMSO will carry both substances deep into the tissues. the silver is an excellent anti pathogen and the BS makes the area alkaline. Remember, cancer hates alkaline. So eat your alkaline producing foods people.

If you're gonna have some beer Kris, drink a little BS in water before you start. If you want a simple way to increase body alkalinity just dink a couple of half teaspoons of BS every day in 8 ounces of water. But NEVER close to meals.

At meal time take an HCL sup please!! Especially us older folk. We DO NOT produce the same amount of hydrocholric acid that we used to. And take pancreatic enzymes with meals too. It's just good science. Otherwise, you are probably not going to get the most out of your food NUTRITION wise.

You will always get all the nasty calories, but your cells will starve for what they need to be healthy. And cancer always loves lack of nutrition and other stupid things.

So lets all be smart as we battle on to not be too fat

Merry Christmas friends!
Old 12-18-2016, 08:27 AM   #185
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

GB, it's funny that you mentioned the cauliflower rice. I tried it once in a small amount but not since. Now I bought a head of cauliflower to "rice" and freeze for future meals. In fact, I just googled to see that it freezes well, then can be defrosted and cooked into your favorite recipe. I know DH won't eat it, but I have always loved cauliflower. I used to eat large quantities of white rice, but not anymore, and I only have brown rice in very small quantities, mixed in certain recipes. I think I can fill up on this cauliflower rice and avoid too much of other foods.

I'm glad to hear you are continuing on your treatment. We are praying that it works and kills that cancer dead. In fact, I am assuming that it's working, and just waiting for the day when you tell us the cancer is gone. Positive attitude.

Kris, I haven't exactly given up. I am still watching what I eat, and because of my diabetes, I still can't eat any sweets over the holidays, and still have to watch my other carbs. But I am not going to worry if I don't lose. I would like to start out 2017 in Onederland, but if I don't lose the 4 lbs necessary to do that I won't be upset. Lets' just say I'm in a holding pattern over the next couple weeks and just want to maintain.

Last edited by PACarolsue; 12-18-2016 at 08:28 AM..
Old 12-19-2016, 07:42 PM   #186
schaferk
Senior LCF Member

PAC Sorry I said that wrong, I knew you wouldn't "give up". I meant holding but just said it wrong. Often I am in holding/maintaining period even tho I have not lost all I want to lose. I think it is OK to take a break and do that as long as we don't gain a bunch back and destroy the headway we have made. I don't try to lose over the holidays or vacations really. I know some people don't agree with that but it works OK for me. I know I will have to be more dedicated starting in January too. I'm cutting portions a lot right now but eating whatever kind of food I want so haven't lost. But in the past I have gained in Dec over the holidays so I'm glad I'm "holding" this year. It's been so bitterly cold that I we've stayed home a little more this year but when we have gone out I've only eaten half of what I used to eat and I haven't eaten after 3 PM since I got sick a couple weeks ago. I've sat at restaurants and had water while others ate a couple of times but I can't do that as a way of life.

I would love to learn how to make the cauliflower rice. I've tried a couple of times but can't get it to turn out good. Tomorrow morning I plan to have a pear and a little cottage cheese for breakfast. Sounds like a treat to a low carber!! I usually have 1 egg & 1 slice bacon. The toast I make DH smells SO good but I hardly ever have any. Can't find a LC bread that I really like to toast. I have not had a pear in probably 15 years!!

GB I hope your treatments are successful. Praying for you I hope you are feeling OK thru this. Sounds like you are on top of some things that can help. I sure hope so.

So BS & water before drinking but not close to meals. I'll give that a try. I never thought about eating alkaline producing foods but I am going to google it. Yes I agree it is pretty hard to do portion control. I think me having that food poisoning helped me do it because my stomach hurt SO bad that I am kind of afraid to eat anything sometimes.....

Time is going so fast, can't believe another Christmas is upon us. I only have one more gift to wrap. Usually I'm wrapping them all on xmas eve so guess I'm a little ahead of the game. Got some super bargains at JC Penny today - nice sweaters for 49 cents after coupons Also got some yoga pants and workout jackets quite cheap. Been trying to go walk around the mall with the other old people since it was minus 18 and snow all over the roads. No way I could even attempt to walk outside at all

Guess I'll head to bed early and get under those heavy blankets!! Good night friends!
12 Jan 2017 - 141
Old 12-20-2016, 06:25 AM   #187
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, I don't know if I made the cauliflower rice correctly. The directions online said not to processes it too long in the food processor or it gets too small and mushy. I froze some and kept some out and made some cauliflower fried rice. I saw a recipe online but adjusted the ingredients and made a smaller portion. I felt guilty eating all that "rice" but was OK because it was cauliflower.

I think cutting back on portions will get you through December without a gain.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:06 AM   #188
schaferk
Senior LCF Member

Maybe GB can share how his DW makes the cauliflower for him!

Nothing new here. I've been eating just once per day for a couple of weeks now and feeling pretty good and sleeping better. I might even be very slowly losing a little.

Hope all is well with you both
12 Jan 2017 - 141
Old 12-23-2016, 05:05 PM   #189
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

I'm doing well. Getting busy with some finishing touches for Christmas. Just when I think I have everything, I have to make another trip to the store. Today, it was butter. LOL I guess with the baking I used it all up.

Kris, we can just hope to get through the holidays with as little damage to our bodies as possible. I loss would be great! LOL

Old 12-24-2016, 06:25 AM   #190
schaferk
Senior LCF Member

Yes PAC I was HOPING to get thru the holidays unscaved and doing well at it. I was going along just great - even bounced down to 142 and I was eating good. Well I was eating some carbs but only real food and not any junk, not over doing. I was even feeling "thin" wearing my yoga pants. This lasted 2 or 3 weeks. And then it all fell apart. How do we think we know what we are doing so well in our heads and then just jump off a cliff and ruin it all in ONE night?? Another lesson learned about myself - if I'm doing well and losing it goes to my head and I will do something to ruin it. I can't be trusted to do the right thing. I'm just venting and thanks for listening whoever is out there!! But gotta confess I ate a huge ham sandwhich on a huge bun, ruffles, LOTS OF sliced salami & cheese, one little weeny, and 6 cookies. Yes I said 6. And let us not forget the 7 beers. We were at the party for 6 hours, started at 2 in the afternoon I never even felt "too full" but I kept picking at stuff....

Just coffee this morning and a salad from Applebees will be lunch. Hope I am back on track. I don't usually pig out too bad at Christmas dinner. Just wanted get that off my chest. So glad I have you guys to talk to

I wish you both PAC & GB and whoever is out there listening to me a very merry Christmas! I hope the new year is kind to us all.
12 Jan 2017 - 141
Old 12-24-2016, 08:37 AM   #191
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Maybe GB can share how his DW makes the cauliflower for him!

Nothing new here. I've been eating just once per day for a couple of weeks now and feeling pretty good and sleeping better. I might even be very slowly losing a little.

Hope all is well with you both
Merry Christmas Kris and PAC and all of our other friends that pop in and out of here.

I will ask DW when she gets up how to make the cauliflower rice. But recently she found it a Costco pre-made, so she's been buying it that way. I have it every night now. I love it.

Yeah Kris with the BS the idea is that you don't want it around meal times because it will neutralize the very stomach acid that you desperately need to digest your food. And to my surprise, the lack of stomach acid to digest properly is connected to tumor suppressor genes in your body.

If you don't want to order some HCL sups, you can drink a little ACV before a meal. Eat some bitters with meals. I used to think digesting my food properly was of no big concern. We are all still alive right?

Yeah, we are surviving but not always thriving and I think we get so used to not feeling fantastic, that we think the way we are is good enough. I take some HCL with food now.

I am about to purchase a very expensive PEMF device. You should read up on the subject. Totally amazing technology. Like I said before, not one space flight goes on without PEMF devices on board. It sustains life while disconnected from the earth's electro magnetic field.

EVERY race horse today, without exception, is under PEMF treatments. Why? Greater bone density, stronger tendons, increased circulation, better oxygen uptake, etc etc etc.

But the devices are pricey. I finally found a doctor who was willing to talk to me on the phone about PEMF and he's setting me up with a strong device, but affordable for home use.

Soon I will be blasting this cancer with 10,000 gauss impulses. What that will do is recharge all the healthy cells at the tumor site and it will cause the low voltage cancer cells to take on a higher charge than they want and begin to break them down.

I'm also getting an ozone maker and because that requires oxygen via a tank or an oxygen concentrator, I'm going to buy an EWOT system, where you breath oxygen while you exercise.

So I'm about to start hitting the cancer with more things it won't like. I got the PET scan a couple of days ago. Hopefully I have kept it at bay, but I think I'm really going to need some bigger cannons to wipe it out. And by buying my own stuff I can avoid going to the clinic and paying it all out anyway at $200 to $400 per visit, while I miss work too.

It just makes sense to spend the money up front and be able to use it for a long time at home, instead of traveling and all the waiting as you get nickeled and dime-ed to death.

I hate going to get treated. You have to wait even tho you're on time. Then you have to wait to pay at the end. Drive, drive drive, wait wait wait pay pay pay. It's life for the cancer patient. I hope to avoid most of that.

Merry Christmas again friends.
Old 12-24-2016, 04:53 PM   #192
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

GB, I am very sorry that you have to go through all this, but it sounds like you have researched this thoroughly and know what you're doing! I am praying that all this works well for you and doesn't break the bank in the process.

I have heard that you can buy the cauliflower already "riced." I think I did mine right. I am just curious, do you just eat it as you would rice, or does your wife have some recipes with it. I have only done the fried rice, which I liked. I have some pkgs of the rice in the freezer and will be using them in the upcoming weeks.

Kris, sorry, but I laughed my butt off at your story, not that I was laughing at you, but because I can really relate to it. Especially this line

How do we think we know what we are doing so well in our heads and then just jump off a cliff and ruin it all in ONE night??

So funny...and so true! LOL

In fact, I stuffed myself today. But the good news is, Christmas is officially over for me now, and tomorrow is my day after. My step children came today (Christmas Eve) instead of tomorrow, as they are each spending Christmas Day with their inlaws. I was really stressed out and depressed about it but it turned out to be a really, really great day, and we had a good time. Not one alcoholic drink was consumed. We never even thought about it we were having so much fun. I wasn't going to cook. I was just going to have some finger food today and then still cook my Christmas dinner tomorrow, just for DH and I, but DH convinced me to cook the meal today. It really worked out fine, and I think I would like to do it this way every year and leave my Christmas day free to relax. I will have to remember this day, the next time I get really stressed out about something, realizing that things turn out well...you just have to make it work for you.

I just thought of something. I'm thinking that the reason DH was really pushing me to cook Christmas Dinner today was because now he will want to go to the casino tomorrow. I'm not going to suggest it, but I'll let you know if that was what he had up his sleeve. LOL

Monday I plan on getting back to my exercising. I will feel much better once I get back to it. I got my house pretty clean in the past week or so, getting ready for company for the holiday, so that is out of the way, plus all the laundry is done. DH bought 2 bicycles at Goodwill for very cheap and fixed them up a bit. Right now they are sitting right in the middle of my exercise room. I need him to get them out of there stat!

Have a good one everyone!

Last edited by PACarolsue; 12-24-2016 at 04:57 PM..
Old 12-26-2016, 07:42 AM   #193
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
GB, I am very sorry that you have to go through all this, but it sounds like you have researched this thoroughly and know what you're doing! I am praying that all this works well for you and doesn't break the bank in the process.

I have heard that you can buy the cauliflower already "riced." I think I did mine right. I am just curious, do you just eat it as you would rice, or does your wife have some recipes with it. I have only done the fried rice, which I liked. I have some pkgs of the rice in the freezer and will be using them in the upcoming weeks.

Kris, sorry, but I laughed my butt off at your story, not that I was laughing at you, but because I can really relate to it. Especially this line

How do we think we know what we are doing so well in our heads and then just jump off a cliff and ruin it all in ONE night??

So funny...and so true! LOL

In fact, I stuffed myself today. But the good news is, Christmas is officially over for me now, and tomorrow is my day after. My step children came today (Christmas Eve) instead of tomorrow, as they are each spending Christmas Day with their inlaws. I was really stressed out and depressed about it but it turned out to be a really, really great day, and we had a good time. Not one alcoholic drink was consumed. We never even thought about it we were having so much fun. I wasn't going to cook. I was just going to have some finger food today and then still cook my Christmas dinner tomorrow, just for DH and I, but DH convinced me to cook the meal today. It really worked out fine, and I think I would like to do it this way every year and leave my Christmas day free to relax. I will have to remember this day, the next time I get really stressed out about something, realizing that things turn out well...you just have to make it work for you.

I just thought of something. I'm thinking that the reason DH was really pushing me to cook Christmas Dinner today was because now he will want to go to the casino tomorrow. I'm not going to suggest it, but I'll let you know if that was what he had up his sleeve. LOL

Monday I plan on getting back to my exercising. I will feel much better once I get back to it. I got my house pretty clean in the past week or so, getting ready for company for the holiday, so that is out of the way, plus all the laundry is done. DH bought 2 bicycles at Goodwill for very cheap and fixed them up a bit. Right now they are sitting right in the middle of my exercise room. I need him to get them out of there stat!

Have a good one everyone!
Hi PAC and Kris Hope you had really good Christmas times. Sounds like ya did. So did I.

I think we "jump off the cliff" because while on the one hand we look forward to the benfits that those who are really disciplined enjoy, the process of getting there can seem like Jesus' 40 days in the wilderness without food.

It just feels so lonely and not fun. I used to pull it off because I thot it would bring me love or acceptance, approval. Really powerful motivators. That was in my 50's, the last gasps of trying to hang on to feeling like you can still make yourself attractive.

The older we get the more we live in the moment, not for the future so much. Just my opinion. But we do have to be smart or we will invite degenerative disease that can make our final years very debilitating.

So detox, detox, detox my friends. Learn detoxification. The PEMF device I'm getting will go a long way in that effort as well. I'm getting a powerful "ringer" type with 10,000 gauss output which literally jolts heavy metals right out of the cell wall and back into the plasma.

But then you need to have your chelators in your system, like chlorella or zeolites to collect the metals and carry them safely out the urine or else they will just get reabsorbed back into other cells.

We all have heavy metals in us. Especially from the stupid dental industry that has poisoned us all. But I'm not will to pay for the expensive holistic dentistry that would remove all the root canals and bad fillings.

I'd rather chelate and live with it if possible. But some people don't overcome their cancer until they get rid of the poison in their mouth.

Learn proper detox my LC friends. Live better.
Old 12-26-2016, 01:34 PM   #194
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Good information, as always GB! For myself, I feel that since I have "made it" to 70 that I have lived my life, and from now on it's all just gravy. I realize that 70 is now the new 50 or something like that, but I've lived longer than anyone else in my immediate family. I want to be active and productive for whatever is left of my life, but I'm not concerned with how long that is to be. I know I want to be mobile, so that's why I continue on with this struggle.

I am back on plan as of today, whatever "on plan" is. It's low carb, but just how low carb is yet to be seen. No carbs so far today, and lots of water. I am taking one day at a time. The farther into the day I get, the scarier it gets. I always start the day well, but it's later in the day that I fall off the wagon. So I'm being wary of later in the day. I know myself and where my problems lie. That's half the battle.

I was wrong about the casino! The subject never came up. We just stayed home and relaxed. Great holiday! I hope everyone else did as well.

Old 12-26-2016, 03:15 PM   #195
schaferk
Senior LCF Member

Wellll, I would have to say that I did NOT do as well as you did PAC I cooked turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and DD's did ham, corn and bean casseroles, rolls, & pie xmas morning. It was pretty much an all out pig down I guess. I mean I wasn't a real stuffer, but ate what I wanted. Its over now. Got up and walked my 3 miles through the cemetary in the 50 degree weather this morning. That was a real unexpected blessing, it's usually below zero on xmas and for the next 3 mos. So I'll take it Still feeling tubby and up a few pounds but hoping to get it back off in the next week. Going to start right in training as much as I can in preparation for the next half marathon I'll be running mid April. Enjoyed my xmas and its over now. Time to move on. No health issues really, just plugging along. Will be babysitting the toddlers the next three days all day long. That will wear me out but yet be enjoyable. Have a couple of sweaters to return but otherwise no need to go to the malls unless it's too cold to get a walk in outside. I have not actually "ran" since early November. I can't run in cold weather, can't breathe properly. But I know I will have my work cut out for me as soon as I can start getting outside a little bit leading up to the actual race in April. It will be a killer, just like the last one was, hard for me

Well PAC your laundry is all done and you got your bikes all ready to exercise!! Sounds like a plan! Its so important to keep active whatever way you can.

GB You are plugging away at fighting the cancer. I am always praying for you as you know. It sounds like you have really been doing your research. I so hope it works for you. I can't imagine what you are going through

Had a couple of beers today and 2 small burittos Not a big bunch of food, but not healthy stuff either.
12 Jan 2017 - 141
Old 12-27-2016, 06:42 AM   #196
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, the bikes are not for exercising, at least not for me. I don't even know how to ride a bike. Never had one as a kid and never learned. But they are in the way, in my exercise room. LOL I have to move them to use one piece of equipment. I guess moving the bikes can be considered "exercise."

My step-daughter was supposed to stop yesterday to get my leftovers. Cookies mostly, and a couple other snacks. I was going to give her the cheesecake but DH ate it. LOL

I think you are doing the best thing for yourself with the exercise...walking and running. I was just reading a book that said if you have a choice between exercising and dieting, exercising is the best for your health. You can lose weight and still not be healthy if you are not physically active. Weight loss is more for vanity, except in those cases of the extremely overweight, which you are NOT.

Our weather has been unseasonably warm, also. Yesterday we reached 62! Not our typical December weather. Snow by the weekend, though. Not a lot, just enough to be annoying. I would like to get a good deep snow, to make it look like winter.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:54 AM   #197
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Kris, the bikes are not for exercising, at least not for me. I don't even know how to ride a bike. Never had one as a kid and never learned. But they are in the way, in my exercise room. LOL I have to move them to use one piece of equipment. I guess moving the bikes can be considered "exercise."

My step-daughter was supposed to stop yesterday to get my leftovers. Cookies mostly, and a couple other snacks. I was going to give her the cheesecake but DH ate it. LOL

I think you are doing the best thing for yourself with the exercise...walking and running. I was just reading a book that said if you have a choice between exercising and dieting, exercising is the best for your health. You can lose weight and still not be healthy if you are not physically active. Weight loss is more for vanity, except in those cases of the extremely overweight, which you are NOT.

Our weather has been unseasonably warm, also. Yesterday we reached 62! Not our typical December weather. Snow by the weekend, though. Not a lot, just enough to be annoying. I would like to get a good deep snow, to make it look like winter.
Hi guys. Wow PAC never been on a bike huh? Ok. I didn't think that was possible for an American. Lol.

You could always get a big tricycle type if you don't want to learn the balancing aspect.

Well I got my PEMF device yesterday. I sure hope it can do what it's billed to do. And I got my Rife package, but waiting for the computer I bought to run the software, etc. I will be leaning on my son in law to be the tech guy on this one.

If the Rife works out it is pretty amazing. The device puts out all sorts of frequencies which you dial in to kill whatever pathogen you're after. If you have Lyme's, you would dial in that set of frequencies to kill it.

The theory with cancer in this protocol is to kill the microbes or virus inside the cancer cell and thus allow the cell to revert back to a normal cell with the normal cell death and division process. As opposed to cancer which is essentially uncontrolled cell division.

I keep discovering different ways to deal with cancer. It keeps me hopeful that something is gonna do the trick a long the way.

My goodness the cancer treatment industry has really made cancer a scary disease. And even the alternative medicine world can make it seem scary with lots of question marks as to whether you will be successful in beating it.

I know of and or have heard of lots of people who went alternative and died in the effort. But to me it seems that they just didn't go far enough. Or often as is the case, they first tried chemo and radiation and when that was failing, they finally chose alternative, but because of the damage done, they can't turn things around.

But again, my own personal belief is that they may have just not researched far enough or simply could not afford the cost of going alternative. It is expensive to fight cancer and then again, maybe not. The answer may be less than $1000 away.

The internet is such a great tool to educate one's self regarding the disease. I would have hated dealing with this cancer 25 years ago. Some people ran off to Mexico to get laetrile injections, but did nothing else to facilitate it's efffectiveness. In other words they mistakenly thought that laetrile was a magic potion for cancer. You can keep eating a bad diet and just take the potion.

And in some cases that still works, but the best approach to cancer is to quit killing yourself with bad food and drink. Anyway...there's your cancer talk for the day. Eat healthy and learn what foods in particular make sure cancer never gets a foothold on you.

And try to reduce stress. Again, sometimes people who are health nuts still get cancer. Because a bad marriage or whatever caused enough stress to suppress the immune system and voila ....cancer begins.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:00 AM   #198
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
I hope 2017 brings total remission of your cancer. You are certainly doing everything in your power!
And...prayers help too!
Old 12-31-2016, 06:01 PM   #199
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
I hope 2017 brings total remission of your cancer. You are certainly doing everything in your power!
And...prayers help too!
Happy New Year to ya Seabreezes

Thnx for your prayers. Yes, I believe in prayer. When my battle is all said and done I will be thanking God, not my PEMF machine. Because it was God who was in the background of every good thing I learn and of any resources I have to obtain useful substances or devices.

Again, Happy New Year to you and allmy LC friends.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:55 AM   #200
schaferk
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Good friends an HAPPPY NEW YEAR!! What all did you guys so to celebrate and ring in the new year??

GB I so hope and pray that 2017 is total recovery for you. You are being so strong fighting this cancer. GOD is good and I pray he will be there for you.

Glad you checked in Seaabreezes! And always good to hear from you PAC

I know our group is small, but I am so glad to hear from you all as often as possible & happy when things go well for you, sad when things are not going so well

Ive been kinda MIA with watching the toddlers all week. It really takes a lot out of me. Love them to death but man they are "trying". Little guy is a card, cracks me up. He's only 2 and funny as heck. 5 yr old a bit harder to control.

Not much to report, spent NY eve at a casino with friends, actually playing cards in their room not gambling. Had some growler beer from Granite City, didn't over do on that but went a bit heavy on the cheese ball and crackers I'd been eating badly with the boys all week anyhow, pizza and chicken nuggets at the local big bouncy house As par for every year, its time to get back on track starting tomorrow. Had some of those 'cinnamon/sugar pretzel bites' from Wetzels Pretzel for the first time ever this morning. GOOD GRIEF those things are the bomb. But I knew with every bite it was about the worst thing ever to eat I wont be buying them again. These were free and so good but yet I could taste how bad they were for you Sad it has to be that way

Guess my plan will be the usual January fare, fast a day then LC with Intermediate Fasting. It will work, but oh so boring. DH and I don't have much exciting in life if you take out the food and drink
12 Jan 2017 - 141
Old 01-01-2017, 08:22 AM   #201
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good Morning Good friends an HAPPPY NEW YEAR!! What all did you guys so to celebrate and ring in the new year??

GB I so hope and pray that 2017 is total recovery for you. You are being so strong fighting this cancer. GOD is good and I pray he will be there for you.

Glad you checked in Seaabreezes! And always good to hear from you PAC

I know our group is small, but I am so glad to hear from you all as often as possible & happy when things go well for you, sad when things are not going so well

Ive been kinda MIA with watching the toddlers all week. It really takes a lot out of me. Love them to death but man they are "trying". Little guy is a card, cracks me up. He's only 2 and funny as heck. 5 yr old a bit harder to control.

Not much to report, spent NY eve at a casino with friends, actually playing cards in their room not gambling. Had some growler beer from Granite City, didn't over do on that but went a bit heavy on the cheese ball and crackers I'd been eating badly with the boys all week anyhow, pizza and chicken nuggets at the local big bouncy house As par for every year, its time to get back on track starting tomorrow. Had some of those 'cinnamon/sugar pretzel bites' from Wetzels Pretzel for the first time ever this morning. GOOD GRIEF those things are the bomb. But I knew with every bite it was about the worst thing ever to eat I wont be buying them again. These were free and so good but yet I could taste how bad they were for you Sad it has to be that way

Guess my plan will be the usual January fare, fast a day then LC with Intermediate Fasting. It will work, but oh so boring. DH and I don't have much exciting in life if you take out the food and drink
Happy New Year Kris Thanks for your prayers. I pray for you too. Not always by name because I'm trying to remember everyone who is praying for me and that's a lot.

My daughter started a "Go Fund Me" page. Ever hear of that? Total strangers will give you money to help with your cancer battle. I see their names and they sometimes leave a few kind words. All I can do is pray for blessings on them for helping me.

Cancer is expensive. So take away the food and drink and you and DH kind of lose all the fun? I know what you mean.

Life. I think of Jesus. He didn't have anything and yet possessed all things. He walked with God and He was God. Everyone who came in contact with Him was changed dramatically, whether receiving their sight or their dead child brought back to life.

And those 12 guys He picked out to be His followers (even the one who was to betray Him) ....their lives were never to be dull again. But how do we enter into that exciting life some 2000 years after Jesus came and ascended?

I once went to school to be a pastor, back in the early 90's. That sounded like an exciting life to me. I wanted my church to be big. I liked the idea of people getting out of their houses on a Sunday morning to go hear GB preach.

But that was my whole problem, I was too into me to be a good minister of the gospel. Once I figured that out I went back to painting houses. And my life has been pretty dull. But I do know that it doesn't have to be.

"If any man (person) seeks to save his life, he will lose it. But if he loses his life for My sake, he shall find it." What do you think that means Kris?

Or "what does it profit a man if gains the whole world and loses his own soul?" I think we often see that played out dramatically by the rich and famous.

But yeah....I still don't know what I'm doing right now. I long to find myself this coming Spring, with both legs still and riding my bike with my wife in gorgeous green rolling hills and then go wine tasting together

Nothing wrong with that, but maybe the wrong is that I have all my marbles kind of wrapped up in that way of thinking. And that's when it really can't deliver the "life" I really want.

We all want God, ultimately. Whether we are pursuing fitness and body beautiful...behind it all and underlying that pursuit is the profound sense of not being connected to our Maker. We feel the disconnect and we call it emptiness. Good food, friends, drink...these things fill the void temporarily, but always leave us in the constant pursuit of repeating everything over and over.

So....what did Jesus know that we don't know? What did He have that we don't have? Was He ever bored? I think not. Yet He died with nothing more than His garments and sandals.
Old 01-01-2017, 01:45 PM   #202
schaferk
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen;

"If any man (person) seeks to save his life, he will lose it. But if he loses his life for My sake, he shall find it." What do you think that means [B
Kris[/B]?

I gotta say I don't know what that means. But then, I'm often in a state of confusion. You will have to tell me what it means....

I just finished roasting the Halloween pumpkin seeds. They will last till mid summer. I use them as a high fiber snack but can't say I really love them.
12 Jan 2017 - 141
Old 01-01-2017, 02:15 PM   #203
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I gotta say I don't know what that means. But then, I'm often in a state of confusion. You will have to tell me what it means....

I just finished roasting the Halloween pumpkin seeds. They will last till mid summer. I use them as a high fiber snack but can't say I really love them.
Well then, whats your best guess as to what it means? Lets look at it this way then: As adults we watch little kids play. We see the selfish ones who guard their toys tightly and won't share.

We watch as mother or father correct them and encourage them to share. Why?

The child could respond with "but mom...if I lose my toys I will lose me life."

The parent could say back "but of you lose your toys you will find your life."

What is being communicated in this kind of exchange?

As adults we have all learned some degree of sharing or losing our lives for others. We have all grabbed something of what Jesus meant when He said "it is more blessed to give than to receive." Right?

We all admire those who live self-less lives. Right? Why?

We seem to inherently know that selfishness is negative. Yet, we all struggle mightily with our own selfishness.

So, back to what you said about you and DH having a pretty dull life if you take away the food and drink. Which I totally relate to. What is the solution to this dull life that depends too much on food and drink?

What would be the solution to the child who fears that sharing his toys would be the loss of his life? What has he not learned yet?
Old 01-01-2017, 05:57 PM   #204
schaferk
Senior LCF Member

Well, the only guess I can make is we might find our own "life" and inner peace if we share our toys with others as we feel the joy in seeing someone else become happy from "playing with our toys"?? When we no longer have our toys, (or our food & drink) perhaps we are forced to find a different source of contentment or reason to live. I'm not really sure I get it but took a stab at it.

Just had the bone broth for supper that I made earlier. First steps of big January health push for me Happens every year Will have bone broth again tomorrow and cut carbs way back.
12 Jan 2017 - 141
Old 01-01-2017, 09:26 PM   #205
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well, the only guess I can make is we might find our own "life" and inner peace if we share our toys with others as we feel the joy in seeing someone else become happy from "playing with our toys"?? When we no longer have our toys, (or our food & drink) perhaps we are forced to find a different source of contentment or reason to live. I'm not really sure I get it but took a stab at it.

Just had the bone broth for supper that I made earlier. First steps of big January health push for me Happens every year Will have bone broth again tomorrow and cut carbs way back.
I know. I have yet to get it either. I have my props and stuff and I keep coming back to them like a duck takes to water.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:52 AM   #206
schaferk
Senior LCF Member

Day One. Well almost. Didn't officially weigh yet and not journaling what I eat yet, that starts tomorrow. Got a couple leftovers with the deadly carbs in them to finish up today. I know its not a good way to think but when I spend time cooking really good food I hate to just "pitch" it because it has carbs in it so I eat it instead of trashing it It's not horrible food - gr bean casserole and a good SF jello/cr cheese salad which also had the bad little marshmallows in it, and some ham sandwhiches Will have the "last supper" before the hammer falls. As usual, I am looking forward to the good clean LC eating for a couple weeks. Then I get tired of it and gets harder Should be able to walk outside the next couple of days and then the cold front hits and I will be mall walking or treadmilling it for a while. yuk. Gotta start tho, I know weight is up, feeling "puffy & tubby" and only 3 mos till the half marathon.

Anybody else here starting new (or starting over) today or tomorrow?? I've been seeing Oprah in all the WW commercials the last couple days; looks like it's really working well for her. I have followed her up/down journeys all of her life. In earlier years I lost on WW, even achieved Lifetime Membership but Atkins/LC proved to work better and faster for me and also was more adaptable to restaurant eating. WW kept me from backsliding tho due to that weigh-in every week in front of others. I'm excited to lose right now tho, been trying on some smaller clothes that won't quite zip so looking for that morning to come when I try them on and the two sides finally meet!!
12 Jan 2017 - 141
Old 01-02-2017, 06:16 AM   #207
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

GB, there are a lot of Bible verses that I don't understand and don't know how they apply to me, today. After you mentioned this one I did some research on it and he's what I came up with. If a man wishes to save his life he will lose it. If your worldly things mean more to you, you will not have everlasting life. If he loses his life for My sake he will find it. If he gives up his life and follows Me he will have everlasting life. There are many different interpretations of the Bible it's hard to know exactly what was meant when it was written. Maybe you should have continued on to be a pastor, but maybe God meant for you to do his work in a different way.

Kris, I am constantly starting over! LOL Some of the foods you have left over can be eaten in small portions and not do much damage. I know that does not apply to low carb, but low carb is not the only way to lose weight. I keep going back to my friend who recently dropped 30 lbs very quickly. She was a huge carb lover. She dropped her carbs down to 80 gm per day and lost this weight. She weighs and measures everything she eats and never eats between meals. And she does a lot of walking, like you do. I also did very well when I went to Weight Watchers, but I did it low carb. My low carb includes veggies, which I know a strict Atkins diet does not allow much vegetables. I stuck to it because I was determined to show a loss every week. I quit because of the cost. I could not justify paying that much money just to have someone weigh me, and doing it on my own at home wasn't the same for me. I need to have a specific reason for doing it and I'm not finding that lately. Something has to just click, and then I do it. I have so many clothes I can't fit into, all sizes down the line. I could lose 50 lbs and never have to buy new clothes. LOL Wouldn't that be great? Maybe that can be my goal.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:32 AM   #208
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
GB, there are a lot of Bible verses that I don't understand and don't know how they apply to me, today. After you mentioned this one I did some research on it and he's what I came up with. If a man wishes to save his life he will lose it. If your worldly things mean more to you, you will not have everlasting life. If he loses his life for My sake he will find it. If he gives up his life and follows Me he will have everlasting life. There are many different interpretations of the Bible it's hard to know exactly what was meant when it was written. Maybe you should have continued on to be a pastor, but maybe God meant for you to do his work in a different way.

Kris, I am constantly starting over! LOL Some of the foods you have left over can be eaten in small portions and not do much damage. I know that does not apply to low carb, but low carb is not the only way to lose weight. I keep going back to my friend who recently dropped 30 lbs very quickly. She was a huge carb lover. She dropped her carbs down to 80 gm per day and lost this weight. She weighs and measures everything she eats and never eats between meals. And she does a lot of walking, like you do. I also did very well when I went to Weight Watchers, but I did it low carb. My low carb includes veggies, which I know a strict Atkins diet does not allow much vegetables. I stuck to it because I was determined to show a loss every week. I quit because of the cost. I could not justify paying that much money just to have someone weigh me, and doing it on my own at home wasn't the same for me. I need to have a specific reason for doing it and I'm not finding that lately. Something has to just click, and then I do it. I have so many clothes I can't fit into, all sizes down the line. I could lose 50 lbs and never have to buy new clothes. LOL Wouldn't that be great? Maybe that can be my goal.
Hi PAC When I said I don't always get it either, I was trying to say to Kris that it's hard. I don't ever want to come off holier than thou.

Kris's response about the toy analogy was similar to Nicodemus's response to Jesus when Jesus said a man must be born again. Nic said "how can a man go back into his mother's womb when he is old and be born a second time?"

Obviously Jesus wasn't speaking about literal second birth physically. You're right PAC , lots of interpretations of the bible. My own sense is that those who really want to know what Jesus meant will press in and find out. It will be given to them to know.

But for the one who simply leaves off in an "oh well....whatever" mode, they will remain in the dark. That's my take. Seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened. The verb tense in the Greek is a keep on seeking, keep on knocking....don't ever stop.

Kind of like managing our weight, our health. It's never a one time pursuit, but daily. Knowing truth is a life long pursuit. There are different ways to lose weight, but one thing always holds true, if we take in more cals than we burn, we will gain weight. Unless we have a tapeworm or some other exception.

Anyway, I'm not gonna get preachy in here. That's for another forum, but I am glad we can say a little about what's important to us from time to time. I care about the people in here who share their struggles and victories, failures too.

I think the cancer is making me more spiritually minded, as well it should. It reminds us that this life isn't meant to last forever. We all do well to prepare for moving day.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:55 PM   #209
schaferk
Senior LCF Member

Hello There's always a lot I don't understand about this world! But I'm always glad to hear your thought GB!! And everybody's here. I love reading the posts. I haven't had anything to say the last few days - its only 8 degrees here and I've holed up on the couch. Went to the mall to walk early in the morning but then back home to do NOTHING. Don't know what's wrong with me?? It's like I'm depressed. But I have nothing to be depressed about. Nothing happened to me Just nothing going on in life right now I guess. But I should be thankful nothing bad going on I guess to everyone going thru things
12 Jan 2017 - 141
Old 01-05-2017, 06:26 PM   #210
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, Sorry to hear you're feeling down. I sort of am too. I don't like to think that I'm depressed, just bored, or out of sorts. Maybe it's the weather, although I've lived in PA all my life and the winter weather never bothered me in the past. I'm just not interested in anything right now.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone.