Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-06-2017, 10:00 AM   #211
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Glad you popped in Carole! I'm hangin in today I've not been eating too much but Can't say I've been a stellar dieter either! Going for small amounts I guess, finishing up any and all leftovers. Have a retirement party tonight for a good friend tonight so looking forward to that. Stayed in cleaning house all day so far, if I get ready in time will take a walk around the mall before the retirement party. It's still very cold and icky here, 8 degrees with windchill & actual feel 14 below. Hate that party of where I live

I think I lost a pound, been kinda trying by eating less but have had some carbs.
18 May 2017 - 144.5
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2017, 02:13 PM   #212
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
Glad you popped in Carole! I'm hangin in today I've not been eating too much but Can't say I've been a stellar dieter either! Going for small amounts I guess, finishing up any and all leftovers. Have a retirement party tonight for a good friend tonight so looking forward to that. Stayed in cleaning house all day so far, if I get ready in time will take a walk around the mall before the retirement party. It's still very cold and icky here, 8 degrees with windchill & actual feel 14 below. Hate that party of where I live

I think I lost a pound, been kinda trying by eating less but have had some carbs.
Awwww Kris that's nice of you to try and cheer PAC as she expressed the blues.

Good job a pound lost there girl.

I got my PET scan results yesterday. No metastasis.

So it looks like my battle is confined to this big ol nastly lump on my leg.

Im sitting here with my PEMF device firing off 10,000 gauss pluses into my leg as I have just applied DMSO and MMS together to soak into the tumor.

Who else would go about things this way? Not many. But a few brave souls would.

What have I got to lose? The conventional world doesn't have much. Im kind of glad, because I really hate getting involved with all the tests and appointments and treatments and appointments for test results and more tests and treatments. And all the while the doctor is never on time, even tho you are.

Makes one wish they were dead. But its the young people you know that's so sad. Kids or 25 year olds dealing with cancer. How sad.

At 61, everything I get from here on out is gravy. Right?

Hope you come out of the blues PAC. soon. You have been such a great addition to our thread. Very faithful.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:34 PM   #213
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
How exciting that there is no metastasis Keep up the good plan!
Old 01-06-2017, 05:35 PM   #214
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
How exciting that there is no metastasis Keep up the good plan!
And Seabreezes reminds us that we are not alone.

Thanks for your kind thoughts.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:54 PM   #215
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/199.5/? 5'2"
WOE: JUDDD, reduced carb
Start Date: Tomorrow
GB, VERY GLAD to hear there's no metastasis! That's a big plus. I don't know why I'm down in the dumps. It's not like me at all. I am normally a very optimistic person...always looking on the bright side. I feel guilty a bit. You are going through so much and have a good reason to be down, but you aren't. I have no good reason, but it's not something I can explain. It will pass, I'm sure.

Kris, hope you enjoyed the retirement party. It sounds like you are working toward getting things back in line. Baby steps. You can do this.

It was 7 degrees on our thermometer in the car coming home tonight. Nice and warm and cozy in the house, though. I can just imagine our next gas bill. Yikes!

Seabreezes, thanks for stopping in and being part of our GB cheering squad!
Old 01-07-2017, 06:09 AM   #216
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

GB I am so happy for your good news!! You are brave fighting it this way, I think you are right, not everybody could do that. I'm glad you have the determination & I'm still praying So now you are continuing to treat it at home and perhaps kill it all?? Since it's not spread can it be taken out if the home treatment doesn't work by a certain time??

Yes at our ages anything from now on is a bonus. Was just talking about that at the retirement party last night. Everybody strives so hard working up to the end goal, always climbing towards something.....then all of a sudden we are all there, made it to the top and there's no where to go but down. Kinda sad really, the evolution of life.

Didn't do well eating and drinking at the party so I'm sure it's back to square one for me I will spare you the sad details as you have all heard it from me before but I guess I never learn from my mistakes. Nine degrees here, spending the day at home and then babysitting the 2 yr old for a while tonight and cutting DD's hair. Probably won't even stick my head out the door all day
18 May 2017 - 144.5
Old 01-07-2017, 06:26 AM   #217
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
GB, VERY GLAD to hear there's no metastasis! That's a big plus. I don't know why I'm down in the dumps. It's not like me at all. I am normally a very optimistic person...always looking on the bright side. I feel guilty a bit. You are going through so much and have a good reason to be down, but you aren't. I have no good reason, but it's not something I can explain. It will pass, I'm sure.

Kris, hope you enjoyed the retirement party. It sounds like you are working toward getting things back in line. Baby steps. You can do this.

It was 7 degrees on our thermometer in the car coming home tonight. Nice and warm and cozy in the house, though. I can just imagine our next gas bill. Yikes!

Seabreezes, thanks for stopping in and being part of our GB cheering squad!
Yeah thnx Seabreezes. Thnx to all my faithful friends in here and who knows how many silent friends are praying for me , but they just don't like to post.

PAC
Have you looked into ways to boost your serotonin levels? You might be running on the low side But yeahm I think it's normal that we all get down in the dumps at times.

King David once asked himself "why are't thou cast down oh my soul?" Then he answers his own problem "hope thou in God." But that's easier said than done huh? If we could only see God and talk with Him in audible tones it seems like that would be quite uplifting.

But for reasons unknown, He prefers to hide Himself from the physical senses, leaving us mostly to be blown away by His creation beauty and to discover that He has appeared unto men in the past and we have the record in what we call the holy scriptures/bible.

For some reason I don't like to read the bible much anymore. I love it, but I'm too lazy or whatever to pick it up and read it. I have been thru it several times and many areas I have exposed myself to dozens of sermons by different teachers.

But I'm still supposed to have my nose in it regularly....so I stand convicted. Sorry God. I do meditate on it daily. Not in a regimen style, but more like it governs my thoughts and actions daily. Some days more than others.

Anyway, just sitting here musing on life with it's difficulties and challenges. And one of the biggest challenges is to be happy more often than not.

I'm really curious about this coming Spring, when the days lengthen out again and I find myself with a greater understanding of where I'm at with this growth on my leg. Will I be in a place of realizing that I have the upper hand? Or will I be very concerned about my future with the tumor?

It seems so pathetic that the medical field can't just inject tumors with stuff that kills the cancer, but does not kill healthy cells. Then, once it's dead....drain it out or lipo suction it.

I mean, a person may not end up with something beautiful....but at least the threat is over. Of course that begs the question as to why the tumor started in the first place? And that will bring us all back to the principle of detox.

We ALL need to constantly detox. We all have heavy metals inside. We have pesticides, etc etc. It's a fact, unless we are one of those obscure people groups where cancer is unheard of as these people have zero access to processed foods, fried garbage, etc etc.

In fact PAC ....you are probably down in the dumps, in part, because of toxicity. Seriously. So consider detoxing if you aren't already. There are a ton of simple ways. One method I'm using that's totally painless is to have a chelator running around in my blood everyday. I take liquid zeolites.

Another is chlorella. I take it powdered, but if one couldn't handle the taste, it comes in tablets and probably capsules too But we all should have something scavenging thru our blood daily, picking up the mercury, lead, etc and carrying it out thru the bodies elimination mechanisms.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:58 AM   #218
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
GB I am so happy for your good news!! You are brave fighting it this way, I think you are right, not everybody could do that. I'm glad you have the determination & I'm still praying So now you are continuing to treat it at home and perhaps kill it all?? Since it's not spread can it be taken out if the home treatment doesn't work by a certain time??

Yes at our ages anything from now on is a bonus. Was just talking about that at the retirement party last night. Everybody strives so hard working up to the end goal, always climbing towards something.....then all of a sudden we are all there, made it to the top and there's no where to go but down. Kinda sad really, the evolution of life.

Didn't do well eating and drinking at the party so I'm sure it's back to square one for me I will spare you the sad details as you have all heard it from me before but I guess I never learn from my mistakes. Nine degrees here, spending the day at home and then babysitting the 2 yr old for a while tonight and cutting DD's hair. Probably won't even stick my head out the door all day
Hi Kris We were writing at the same time. I don't see how this tumor ever gets cut out. At least here in the states. I don't know tho. Maybe if a pet scan showed no active cancer in the tumor. it could be down graded to like a cyst?

Because if there is active cancer inside no surgeon here will touch it without radiation first and then to be cautious they take a lot of normal tissue and blood vessels, a main nerve too. Whatever is nearby.

I simply waited too long and let this thing get huge. So now I have to get creative and simply kill it if that is possible. It's weird how hard it is to kill a sarcoma. And if I succeed, would the medical community want to know how ? NOOOOOO!

Some people would want to know. I will set up a you-tube video if I win. But if I don't win, what's the point huh? I just got done with my heat wrap on it. I picture it being like a boxer who has just been put thru a round of jabs to the face.

And now I have PEMF applicator wrapped around it putting in pulses of 10,000 plus gauss jolts....like a boxer delivering body blows to the opponent who is already weakened and off balance.

That's my theory. I haven't heard of anyone trying in this with a sarcoma. One doctor mentioned a friend of his with a really big tumor on his spine at the base of his neck. He used PEMF therapy daily and got the thing to retreat. But I don't know what kind of cancer.

Cancer is weird stuff. Hard to figure it out. But scores of people have beaten their cancer thru diet and life style changes, etc. Some quite easily, others with great difficulty. I am finding myself challenged by the difficulty factor.

It's very similar to losing weight. NOT EASY for so many of us poor souls. It takes such work, such discipline, such sacrifice.

Kris, you often express your dismay at your lack of success trying to get trim and fit. Well, it's simple right? It's just too darn hard!!!!

It's a whole lot easier when we are young. Especially if there is big motivation. I look at this new Bachelor guy (Nick). He is 35 and super buff. Well, when I was 35 and if I knew I'd be on camera, viewed by millions of people, shirtless....and have 30 women to start with who wanted to date me....gee...doing all the hard stuff to get buff would be so necessary....I could not fail.

You know, at first, with this cancer....I thot it was going to make losing the weight quite easy. And at first it was. But not anymore. I am used to the cancer now. And I find myself desperately looking for the easiest, most painless way to beat it.

These people who change to raw foods diet and coffee enemas left and right...I was literally gagging trying to keep up with that lifestyle. It would be easier if I was the Bachelor than trying to save my 61 year old leg. Isn't that so pathetic?
Old 01-09-2017, 12:10 PM   #219
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All!! Yes, GB, it sure is "hard". It's darn difficult to make the effort to lose the weight. I've been giving it my all the last few days, measuring, planning, writing down what I eat and really trying to not eat carbs. Day 3 today of giving it my best effort, cottage cheese for breakfast, a 3 mile walk and then dry turkey & small lettuce salad for lunch. Not eating again until breakfast tomorrow morning. I like intermittent fasting & skipping dinner whenever I can but it's hard to do also Its still nasty here but warmed up into double digits so I could get some walking in. I am excited about the upcoming Disney race in April, but know I won't have enough nice weather here to do any training for it at all. I just can't "run" when it's cold out, can't get around the breathing in cold air. So my plan is to just stay LC and try get down to 130 by the race with some running training on the treadmill in March. That's about the best I can hope for. I am not happy with how I look right now either, looking in the mirror and trying on clothes is not my friend. I'm 5 pounds down from last year at this time apparently (from my signature posting). Time goes by so fast, can hardly believe a year has gone by so fast. I never got down to my goal all during 2016. I hope 2017 is more productive. Surly I can lose 15 pounds in 3 mos, it's not that much......
18 May 2017 - 144.5

Last edited by schaferk; 01-09-2017 at 12:14 PM..
Old 01-09-2017, 02:25 PM   #220
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

What an adorable looking child! Grandbaby?
Old 01-09-2017, 03:16 PM   #221
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

GB, just the thought of a coffee enema makes me sick. Yuk!

Kris, you are way ahead of me. I am up 8 lbs from Jan 2016. I feel very fat. My food was so good today. I had 887 calories and 44 gm of carb. That's still more than you had. It sounds like you are working toward losing better than you were before.

I agree...cute kid!
Old 01-09-2017, 04:35 PM   #222
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks PAC & SEABREEZES! Yes he is my 2 yr old Grandbaby and a sweetheart His brother just turned 5 in December. Of course they are the loves of my life and so much fun. But I know they will grow up fast and soon won't be wanting to play with Nana so much!

Congrats on a good food day PAC. Yes I've been being pretty good, you know I last a week or so before it really gets hard for me and I start to miss going out. We are having the grandkids stay over Sat night (which will force us to stay home and away from food and drink for the weekend days). That's part of my strategy I really am a fan of IF, but its difficult to have any social life and do IF. I plan to just fit it into my life when I can and aim for fasting 20 hours every other day or so. Bad thing is I am not getting much exercise at all. I sometimes do a 3 mile walk outside or at the mall but then the rest of the day I can literally sit on the couch for like 9 or 10 hours a day which is REALLY bad for us. I have no want to get up and do anything or go out when its so cold out. I really should head South for these 3 months but we've lazy this year and just not planned anything The kids will keep me moving when they are here.

I made some SF jello with cr cheese & a little cottage cheese in it & also one spoon of whipped crushed pineapple - modified version of a favorite xmas salad I've made for years. Will probably miss the marshmallows Also fried up a tube of sausage, sautéed mushrooms, & cooked a whole pound of bacon in the oven so I'd have stuff to go with eggs for LC breakfast. Decided we didn't really love the bacon cooked in the oven tho - like it better microwaved between papertowels. Seemed that it really dried out on that bacon rack thingy.

GB Hope you are feeling OK today. I am sure it is very challenging trying to keep up with all you are having to do
18 May 2017 - 144.5
Old 01-10-2017, 06:21 AM   #223
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

I am down 2 lbs this morning, and my spirits have really lifted! All it took was to have the scale start back down in the right direction! Onederland is on the horizon!

Kris, you can fit IF into your social life, as long as you aren't socializing every day. If you could limit your socializing to once a week, you could do IF, or whatever LC plan you choose, for 6 days, and have an off plan day once a week. It would even work with 2 off plan days a week, but you have to be sure to stay on plan on the other days. You can do this. It would really help you to get ready for your next race.

I think I remember that jello salad. I've been eating SF jelly, too, but with nothing in it. Just topped with Reddiwhip. I don't know if I could eat it plain. The Reddiwhip is low calorie and no carbs and makes it a little treat for me.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:12 AM   #224
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

[QUOTE=PACarolsue;17570131I think I remember that jello salad. I've been eating SF jelly, too, but with nothing in it. Just topped with Reddiwhip. I don't know if I could eat it plain. The Reddiwhip is low calorie and no carbs and makes it a little treat for me.[/QUOTE]

I like it that way too PA Love the taste of Reddiwhip. When you dissolve the cream cheese in the SF jello it is so good but I do still top with a little Cool Whip Lite. Reddiwhip would be a better choice tho cause there are some carbs in the cool whip lite. It's just what I had here.

Haven't weighed yet but I BETTER have lost a couple. I just walked outside 3.35 miles but it was a slow walk, still cold here but did warm up to 30 for a day then it's gonna plunge back down. Winds were 20 mph tho so not a pleasant experience.

Thot I better put an avatar with both boys in it so no fighting!
18 May 2017 - 144.5

Last edited by schaferk; 01-10-2017 at 08:19 AM..
Old 01-10-2017, 10:25 AM   #225
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

There is a group of people who do one meal a day - OMAD - and they are quite successful at losing and maintaining weight.

One lady just wrote a book, Delay, Don't Deny that has beome a hit on Am... There is a FB page by the same name. This all started with Dr. Herring's Fast Five diet. Nothing is really forbidden, just the eating time. There is also a good FB page for Dr. Herring.

There is a free PDF about Fast Five. He also wrote Appetite Correction. Apettite correction does seem to occur after eating in small windows of time. I get full very easily. I think you mentioned Pac that you ate that way when single.

When I manage to follow the plan, I seem to lose and then maintain. We travel a lot and then I find it a bit harder to do.

Hope you are doing well, GB
Old 01-10-2017, 02:40 PM   #226
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats PAC on the 2 pound loss!!! That's great! Sure does make you feel good about things doesn't it!!!! I love seeing a sale drop Keep up the good work!

I lose well when I can do OMAD Seebreezes but it's pretty difficult with having to make a bunch of meals for DH & go out. He doesn't really care if I eat breakfast, I always have coffee with him but I have to order food when we go out. I think I can pull it off today again but barely - he wanted to stop at our favorite raspberry beer joint but I talked him out of it last minute. I hate spoiling his fun, but I just couldn't have a 300 calorie/34 carb pint of beer and ruin everything I've done this week. When I said I would go but only drink water he averted the plan!! Again, I honestly hate to keep him from doing things he enjoys but I did say I would be happy to go with him. As it was we did go out for lunch - salmon and I brought half of everything that came to me home. I know we have to go out a bunch of times coming up but I'm doing my best to avoid alcohol and bring half the food home. Fingers crossed Seebreezes it's really hard when traveling I agree!

Scale was down a couple for me today too so that's why I couldn't blow it all. I'm not even sure it's a "real" loss yet, feels too soon to know since I just really got back on plan. I'm not eating dinner tonight so I'm hoping for the best.
18 May 2017 - 144.5
Old 01-10-2017, 03:50 PM   #227
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Seabreezes, I did not eat dinner when I was single, just breakfast and lunch, so I was doing IF without knowing it. We got a lot of free food at work and since I was on a limited budget, I took advantage of it. I maintained under 130 lbs back then. I am not happy skipping breakfast. I eat eggs every day and sometimes bacon or sausage. It doesn't have to be first thing in the morning but usually by 10 or 11. Then I skip lunch because DH wants me to eat dinner with him. Going back to being a dinner eater when I got married was what did me in. We are not drinkers, don't go out for pizza, etc, but we do eat dinner out often. DH loves to do breakfast out but I discourage it.
It always includes bread and potatoes. I would rather just have my eggs at home.

I hope 2017 is the year for successes for all of us!

The grandsons are really cute, Kris and look like they are a handful. I had to copy and save the pic so I could zoom in and get a closer look at them.

Last edited by PACarolsue; 01-10-2017 at 03:51 PM..
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:43 PM   #228
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Love the avatar PAC!
Old 01-11-2017, 05:55 AM   #229
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Yes I love your Avitar too PAC!! And thanks for the compliment on the boys. I am trying to experiment and learn how to do pictures on here - I'm not good at. I had the same pic for years as only my DD could change it for me But I've been trying to learn I noticed that last Avitar I did was so small and I clicked on it too and it would not expand up - must be the way I put it in there?? I had to send it from my phone, then save on desktop (only way I can find anything) and then pull it in. I'm so computer challenged

I'm excited, down another pound But I know it's just a temporary "bounce" cause I've done this SO many times before so I won't get too happy It's just cause I've had 3 days of good LC and IF/OMAD. I know I have to be REALLY careful as I navigate thru the coming days. One or two big meals (LC or not) and up I'll go. Sorry for my rambling and thanks for listening - it's just that I don't want to fail this time so I've got to keep coming in here leaning on you guys for support and knowing I have to confess my "sins" so hopefully there won't be any I know I will be faced with going out with the buds but hopefully I can just have one beer, the LC kind that I don't really love

Hope you are all doing well today!!
18 May 2017 - 144.5
Old 01-11-2017, 07:54 AM   #230
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
One or two big meals (LC or not) and up I'll go. Sorry for my rambling and thanks for listening - it's just that I don't want to fail this time so I've got to keep coming in here leaning on you guys for support and knowing I have to confess my "sins" so hopefully there won't be any I know I will be faced with going out with the buds but hopefully I can just have one beer, the LC kind that I don't really love
Kris, I am computer challenged, too, and DH isn't a lot better, especially since we got Windows 10. I am confused.

I too am down another pound today. Do you realize how long it's been since I saw a downward trend on the scale? It as been up, up, up for the past few months. You have to make sure the one or two big meals are NOT big meals. Smaller meals. Just enough. Work on making a couple bites of something be enough. Don't eat mindlessly. Think! You don't have to eat the whole thing. This is how I'm trying to think. I do not want to see the slightest little bump up, even though I know it's just fluctuation. If you go down 3, and fluctuate up 1, it still nets out to down 2. You have to ask yourself, what makes you happier, a loss, or a beer? I know that's a hard question. The taste of the beer is so temporary, Kris! Whether it's good beer or bad beer, you're still going to pee it out! Ha Ha Think of how you will feel the next morning when you get on the scale and are down another pound!

You can do this!
Old 01-11-2017, 10:12 AM   #231
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi All!! Yes, GB, it sure is "hard". It's darn difficult to make the effort to lose the weight. I've been giving it my all the last few days, measuring, planning, writing down what I eat and really trying to not eat carbs. Day 3 today of giving it my best effort, cottage cheese for breakfast, a 3 mile walk and then dry turkey & small lettuce salad for lunch. Not eating again until breakfast tomorrow morning. I like intermittent fasting & skipping dinner whenever I can but it's hard to do also Its still nasty here but warmed up into double digits so I could get some walking in. I am excited about the upcoming Disney race in April, but know I won't have enough nice weather here to do any training for it at all. I just can't "run" when it's cold out, can't get around the breathing in cold air. So my plan is to just stay LC and try get down to 130 by the race with some running training on the treadmill in March. That's about the best I can hope for. I am not happy with how I look right now either, looking in the mirror and trying on clothes is not my friend. I'm 5 pounds down from last year at this time apparently (from my signature posting). Time goes by so fast, can hardly believe a year has gone by so fast. I never got down to my goal all during 2016. I hope 2017 is more productive. Surly I can lose 15 pounds in 3 mos, it's not that much......
Wow...all these new avatars. Nice pic Kris Funny sign PAC But I miss your face.

Sounds like everyone's doing their thing. Keeping at it. My son in law successfully set up the RIFE device I bought. And so last night I had these wire leads stuck onto my leg and I could feel the electricity carrying a set of frequencies into the tumor designed specifically for sarcoma cancer.

Of course a lot of the frequencies used are the same for other cancers too, but just to see the name of mine on the computer screen and knowing a set of frequencies that have been researched and known to disrupt the microbes most notably inside the cancer cells of my type is exciting.

It's a step of faith kind of thing, but that's right up my alley anyway. I recall a poor wife writing about her DH and his sarcoma. They had tried "every supplement known to man" (her words), but finally turned to chemo as his cancer spread.

Yet she mentioned nothing of energy medicine. Which is what I am doing now. So I feel like I have a chance where others fail. Fail simply because it sounds too good to be true. Because it must be quackery if it's painless and doesn't make your hair fall out.

Skepticism will keep many a person from a great thing. It can keep a person out of heaven in the worst case scenario.

But to be fair, I have learned already that many products touted to "obliterate tumors" had no effect on obliterating my tumor. At least not after the first bottle of the expensive stuff.

The problem is that you never really know exactly what is benefiting you and what isn't. My hope is that the frequency devices will take over and I can quit buying expensive supplements.

Oh, and the biggest gun that's coming soon is ozone. That's an exciting proposition. Ozone in the rectum. Ozone water. Ozone leg bag, where you capture the ozone in a bag sealed off on the area you want to treat. I love the idea of my tumor sitting in the strongest ozone I can make and having to deal with it.

The ozone gas will go right thru the skin and kill the cancer. I even ordered a full ozone body bag so I can let all my skin soak it in except for the head. You don't want to breathe ozone. It irritates the lungs, but otherwise it is possibly the greatest stuff known to man for killing every pathogen known to man.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:00 PM   #232
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

GB, my face is not gone. Just click on my profile. LOL Not everyone is aware of that. It's there in all it's chubby glory.

I'm glad your SIL was able to help you with your RIFE. I always wonder how do you know how long to give something to start working, but I guess if the cancer started to spread for that man it was a sign that it wasn't working. I hope this works for you. I am looking forward to seeing you on Utube. You can find out how to do ANYTHING on Utube.

Yesterday, we stopped in Dollar General for something. I impulsively grabbed a bag of Bugles. 3.5 oz. I went home and at the whole bag. This is something I never buy. Haven't had Bugles since the 80s. I don't know what got into me. I think God decided to cut me a break, and allowed me to lose that additional pound in spite of my stupidity. Thank you, Lord. I promise not to do it ever again. At least not with Bugles. I had forgotten how much I like them. DH said they are like shredded wheat with salt. LOL
Old 01-11-2017, 04:50 PM   #233
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Glad to see you popped in GB! Been thinking about you You are very busy doing all you can to fight this cancer. I pray it works for you It's got to be so hard waiting and praying that it will work but not knowing. I know you are researching and doing all you possibly can.

Nothing new for me today. I ate a few more carbs than I had planned and fear it may show up on the scale tomorrow. No bugles PAC, but I did have a couple bites of buttered bread, a bite of pasta, one cracker, 2 breaded chicken nuggets and some tortilla chips. Don't know what got into me either? That really sucked. I ordered salmon (again) and ate half of it and small bit of broccoli & spinach which was planned but that other stuff just jumped in my mouth unplanned. It wasn't all that much but I typed it out so I'd see it cause that's how a "spiral down" starts, a bit of this, a bite of that. Before I know it, I'll be carb munching. I quickly went right home, no alcohol & no more to eat today. I've got to keep this losing trend going. OK, done ranting at myself!!
18 May 2017 - 144.5
Old 01-11-2017, 06:57 PM   #234
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Glad to see you popped in GB! Been thinking about you You are very busy doing all you can to fight this cancer. I pray it works for you It's got to be so hard waiting and praying that it will work but not knowing. I know you are researching and doing all you possibly can.

Nothing new for me today. I ate a few more carbs than I had planned and fear it may show up on the scale tomorrow. No bugles PAC, but I did have a couple bites of buttered bread, a bite of pasta, one cracker, 2 breaded chicken nuggets and some tortilla chips. Don't know what got into me either? That really sucked. I ordered salmon (again) and ate half of it and small bit of broccoli & spinach which was planned but that other stuff just jumped in my mouth unplanned. It wasn't all that much but I typed it out so I'd see it cause that's how a "spiral down" starts, a bit of this, a bite of that. Before I know it, I'll be carb munching. I quickly went right home, no alcohol & no more to eat today. I've got to keep this losing trend going. OK, done ranting at myself!!
Wow, when do we find peace? We see those ads where the person has shed 50 pounds and they look so beautiful and happy.

But are they at peace?
Old 01-12-2017, 05:21 AM   #235
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
Wow, when do we find peace? We see those ads where the person has shed 50 pounds and they look so beautiful and happy.

But are they at peace?
Good Morning GB & all I don't know if I was "at peace" But I must say when I did lose and get back down a few years ago I truly felt "happy". I think because I was finally controlling something in my life. I kept telling myself I'd NEVER let the weight come back and I was so so glad I'd finally made the effort to drop it & wondered why I hadn't done so sooner And I never did let it all come back but maybe half. Why? Don't know, just cause it's darn hard not to let it creep. I'm not at 'peace' now in a constant world where I cant eat and drink what I want and in a constant state of deprivation. But sometimes, when I'm out depriving myself I feel a certain satisfaction about doing the right thing and being able to be in control and focus on the bigger picture which for me right now is being able to run that stupid long race coming up. The last one darn near killed me and I held my DD back. Don't want that feeling again. Plus its the health thing too now way more than the looks. It's always a battle in our heads and we must find the right reasons to find a happy medium and enjoy our time on this earth.

I know GB you have way more to think about than this pondering of mine and if I were you I'd be thinking about nothing but fighting that cancer monster too.

No Bugles for you PAC! When my girls were small I used to put them on all of my fingers and encourage them to eat them for snacks In my defense, I didn't really know how BAD all those fried snacks were for the kids. I made sure they ate veggies but I also let them eat a lot of crap

How are you doing Seebreezes??

Today I'm off to help chaperone a toddler daycare field trip to a grocery store?? Can't imagine what will go on there?? Probably be cookies involved. But I will stay strong. Have a good day all.
18 May 2017 - 144.5

Last edited by schaferk; 01-12-2017 at 05:24 AM..
Old 01-12-2017, 02:13 PM   #236
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good Morning GB & all I don't know if I was "at peace" But I must say when I did lose and get back down a few years ago I truly felt "happy". I think because I was finally controlling something in my life. I kept telling myself I'd NEVER let the weight come back and I was so so glad I'd finally made the effort to drop it & wondered why I hadn't done so sooner And I never did let it all come back but maybe half. Why? Don't know, just cause it's darn hard not to let it creep. I'm not at 'peace' now in a constant world where I cant eat and drink what I want and in a constant state of deprivation. But sometimes, when I'm out depriving myself I feel a certain satisfaction about doing the right thing and being able to be in control and focus on the bigger picture which for me right now is being able to run that stupid long race coming up. The last one darn near killed me and I held my DD back. Don't want that feeling again. Plus its the health thing too now way more than the looks. It's always a battle in our heads and we must find the right reasons to find a happy medium and enjoy our time on this earth.

I know GB you have way more to think about than this pondering of mine and if I were you I'd be thinking about nothing but fighting that cancer monster too.
So then Kris, this is still a part of my question....when do we find peace? You said you were happy after you gained control, but apparently not happy enough to keep depriving yourself?

Or not at peace enough. Or whatever we label it, we seem to be governed by something we don't necessarily know how to explain.

But what ever that something is, if it's big enough we will make changes for the better. Let's say once again that it's trying to find a mate. Most of us are like salmon swimming upstream to find that mate.

If we are married and our mate causes us nothing but feelings of rejection, we might consider moving on to someone else. That's an extremely powerful motivator. It causes many a spouse to dump excess weight in order to make their self presentable to another potential mate. Right?

But when we are married happily enough, well then food and drink become things that shout in our inner ears day and night. We know that we won'y necessarily be more accepted or rejected based on our body type, so we long to just be happy.

And what goes into our mouths is usually right there at the top of the heap of trouble for us.

Just because the food we eat or what we drink might give us a heart attack, stroke or cancer....that's not enough motivation for many of us to bring about real change. Even after the doctor says heart attack is around the corner or cancer is here.....that may not be enough to change us.

Isn't that quite interesting? My own dad could never give up his cigareetes even as he was in the ER. He would have me escort him out of the ER thru an exit door so he could light up, then we'd come back in so he could get in his bed and wait for the ER doctor to show up.

And we all know the looooong wait for the ER doctor to show up. They finally show up like some kind of fairy entering the room.

Anyway, my point is....what is necessary to stop us from killing ourselves? Or to be at peace?
Old 01-12-2017, 03:34 PM   #237
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Good post, GB. I know I am in the happily married camp and dinner out with wine and good food is never turned down!

Tonight we are hosting a birthday party for a dear friend who turned 80 today. There will be Champagne, birthday cake, etc. I'll not turn down any of it! Tomorrow will be a day of simple eating - hopefully! Today is definitely an UP day and tomorrow will be a down day ala JUDDD.

Wish I could send you some of our sunshine, schaferk.

PAC ...let's hope we keep on the downward trend!

GB......hope all of your treatments help. I know your information will help others in the same spot!
Old 01-12-2017, 04:16 PM   #238
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Seabreezes, I think you really have it right....JUDDD allows you to have that celebration and then lighten up the next day. You don't feel deprived, and you also don't feel guilty. Because that's your plan.

Kris, you know you cannot diet to goal and then stop the "diet." It has to be a lifestyle change. In your case, you know you are not going to give up your socializing with your friends, so you need to find a way to fit it in. I think you have to be very very strict on your non socializing days, and accept that you are going to stray when out with friends.

GB, you think like DH. He told me that women always lose weight after a breakup so they will look good to attract the next guy, but they won't do it for the first guy. I told him that most women lose weight after a breakup due to the stress of losing the relationship, not because they are trying to look good for the next guy. It's emotional. In fact, DH lost a lot of weight after his breakup with wife #1. He claims it was because no one was home cooking him a good meal, but no, it was because he was upset over the loss of his wife and kids. Actually, I tell him that I am wife #1. The first time was just practice. LOL
Old 01-12-2017, 08:43 PM   #239
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Seabreezes, I think you really have it right....JUDDD allows you to have that celebration and then lighten up the next day. You don't feel deprived, and you also don't feel guilty. Because that's your plan.

Kris, you know you cannot diet to goal and then stop the "diet." It has to be a lifestyle change. In your case, you know you are not going to give up your socializing with your friends, so you need to find a way to fit it in. I think you have to be very very strict on your non socializing days, and accept that you are going to stray when out with friends.

GB, you think like DH. He told me that women always lose weight after a breakup so they will look good to attract the next guy, but they won't do it for the first guy. I told him that most women lose weight after a breakup due to the stress of losing the relationship, not because they are trying to look good for the next guy. It's emotional. In fact, DH lost a lot of weight after his breakup with wife #1. He claims it was because no one was home cooking him a good meal, but no, it was because he was upset over the loss of his wife and kids. Actually, I tell him that I am wife #1. The first time was just practice. LOL
PAC I think most guys lose weight to attract the opposite sex. Women might do that too, but I would wager that men do it more for that reason. Either way, finding "love" is or can be a more powerful driver than finding a cure for a disease.

I have found that to be true in my own experience.

Seabreezes what have we here? An official new member to our exclusive club? I hope that's the case. Glad to hear you're happily married. My DW is my best friend right now. Before the doctor said cancer, she couldn't quite figure out where she stood. But now she is a rock

Kris Yeah....maybe try what Seabreezes does. Well, you kind of do already, but you have a hard time accepting that it's ok.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:13 AM   #240
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning & Happy Friday!

You guys hit it right on with me - I DO do what Seebreezes does but GB you are correct - I just refuse to accept that it's 'OK' to do that. I don't use it as a plan. I keep beating myself up for a "slip" and starting over instead of just accepting it for the plan it is and get back on track the next day. Well I sorta do, I've tried JUDD and the 5:2 thing but I think I would just give up too quickly and have too many "up" days or "treat" days and it got away from me. Even now its happening, I'm up a pound because yesterday I had a big salad (which unexpectedly came with a ton of crunchy noodle things on it) and I had already had some other panned carbs. The day just stacked up too many carbs and food in general. Salad & 'crunchy things' was awesome by the way and I'd definitely order it again with the "things" on the side I didn't eat dinner so not a high calorie upday, but still didn't fix the problem?? I even took grandkids to Monkey Joes (big bouncy houses) & watched them eat pizza & bar bq chicken nuggets without even licking a finger Well, maybe it will bounce back down. It's 16 degrees, windchill 4 degrees but I'm still going to bundle up and walk I think but then staying home and avoiding food, drink, and fun. I'm trying PAC to find a doable lifestyle.
18 May 2017 - 144.5