Old 09-17-2016, 12:22 AM   #31
Vita oldie
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Vita oldie
Stats: 160 want to be below 140
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: June 2012
Kimlou.
We seem to have similar problems but your photo shows you are much younger than I am!
I was able to keep weight reasonable until I had Shingles. It or the antiviral mess made me exhausted and after 3 months the weight appeared and soooo hard to lose now.
We will win.
Vita oldie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2016, 12:26 AM   #32
Vita oldie
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Vita oldie
Stats: 160 want to be below 140
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: June 2012
Crazycatmum.
Welcome.
What diet/way of eating are you choosing?
Hope in the month you have been here you have had support.
Vita oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 08:18 AM   #33
Pykrim
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pykrim
Stats: 350/315/300
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12-31-15 3rd time =[
Good morning everyone!

I've actually been a member to the site since February 2014, but never really posted anything til this year when I started my woe. I lurked a long time gathering information and ideas to start LHCF. I tried starting off and on during the time I've been on here but really officially started on January 4th, 2016. Since January I've been on and off but finally back into it and here to stay.

Since I started in January I've lost a little over 40 lbs. It's been a rough road though. I hope to meet new people here and form a kind of a support system that I can use to get encouragement and bounce ideas off other members. I have no support from home and not many around my town that understands the low carb woe hence the reason I'm here.

Pykrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:03 PM   #34
Myca
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Myca
Introduction

Hi, my name is Myca. I am 54 as of this coming October. My blood sugar started going up over 100 and I seem to be terribly addicted to sugar. My sugar of choice is ice cream. I will go out in the middle of the night after it. No will power at all. So, one week ago I went low carb, Adkins, I think. I am keeping my carbs under 20, averaging 10 to 15 per day right now. I have been dropping between a few ounces to a pound a day. Can't see any difference yet but it has only been a week. I have also cut out diet drinks and diet sweetener as they seem to be a trigger for me. I had a headache for about 4 days on both sides of my temples. That seems to be gone as of day 5. So happy I found this site.
A few years ago, allergy testing showed wheat as severe. Recently, Celiac disease was added. So I avoid, wheat, oats, grits, barley ect because they either have gluten or are contaminated with it.
Myca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:38 PM   #35
Princessbrendag
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessbrendag
Stats: 194/128/125 to 135
WOE: Maintenance My Way
Start Date: September 6th 2016
Hi...I eat very low carbs and it will be two weeks for me on Tuesday...I Started out weighing myself every day and if I didn't see a drop on the scale I would want quit so once a week from now on...First week I lost 6 pounds 😃
Princessbrendag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:09 PM   #36
jfarmerterp
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfarmerterp
Stats: 176.6/169.2/155
Start Date: Sept 18th 2016
Good evening!
I did atkins back the first time I think in 2000 and lost all my baby weight kept it off for a couple of years then gained it all and have tried SEVERAL times to go back to the way of eating but fail miserably for one reason or another... I currently am heavier than I have ever been even when pregnant, have no energy, and my sugar has been all out of whack by dropping and almost causing me to pass out. Doc said sign of pre diabetes!!!!. I MUST GET MY CARBS UNDER CONTROL. ...

My weakness is my sweet cravings...really don't crave them til I start lowering my carbs so any advice is apprrciated!!

Jill
jfarmerterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 05:14 AM   #37
KyliesMom
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KyliesMom
Stats: 190/190/160
WOE: Low Carb - Veggies
Start Date: 9/23/16 again 😒
Soooooo I'm back at it again - I need to do this for me and my sanity I just keep going up and up and I'm just like STOP I need to get off this train! 🚝 So I am back doing it slow at on,y promising myself 5 pounds a month which isn't unreasonable ... I can do this I will do this
11/23/16 180
12/23/16 175
01/23/16 170
02/23/16 175
03/23/16 170
04/23/16 165
5/23/16 160
KyliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:22 AM   #38
hyzkyd
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hyzkyd
I am a newbie

Hello,

I am on day 3 of the induction and I am excited to make a change in my eating habits. I am so happy to have support and encouragement.
hyzkyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:33 PM   #39
Janilyn
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Janilyn
Stats: 157/145/138
Start Date: September 20, 2016
I am on Day 4 and down 3 pounds so far. I am so happy I found this forum and look forward to getting to know all of you. I do well when I have support. I have been trying to do this on my own and not really getting anywhere. I got down to 138, size 4 and 6, three years ago and felt so good. After about 6 months I slowing started gaining the weight. I am ready to get back there again!
Janilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:05 PM   #40
Maribelle
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Maribelle
Stats: 238/226/170
WOE: LCHF/Modified Carb Night 14 day cycle
Start Date: Sept. 10, 2016
Hello☺

I'm Mari (40/F). I started lchf 2 weeks ago and I've lost 12 lbs so far. I'm doing a modified Carb Nite plan with one cheat day every 14 days. I had my first one yesterday and I enjoyed it. My goal is to maintain this WOE permanently, so I'm attempting a less rigorous approach than I have used in the past (I'd fall off quickly because I felt too restricted). I am definitely a hard core sugar addict, and when I hit 40 I realized I can't keep poisoning myself. Plus, my cravings had become insatiable anyway. I've been reading on here for about a month, and your stories have inspired me. Also, I really enjoy the creative recipes and food ideas, because boredom has caused me problems in the past. My starting weight was 238, I am currently 226, and my goal is 170 (I'm 5'8"). Thanks for the support in advance!
Maribelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:13 PM   #41
Princessbrendag
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maribelle View Post
I'm Mari (40/F). I started lchf 2 weeks ago and I've lost 12 lbs so far. I'm doing a modified Carb Nite plan with one cheat day every 14 days. I had my first one yesterday and I enjoyed it. My goal is to maintain this WOE permanently, so I'm attempting a less rigorous approach than I have used in the past (I'd fall off quickly because I felt too restricted). I am definitely a hard core sugar addict, and when I hit 40 I realized I can't keep poisoning myself. Plus, my cravings had become insatiable anyway. I've been reading on here for about a month, and your stories have inspired me. Also, I really enjoy the creative recipes and food ideas, because boredom has caused me problems in the past. My starting weight was 238, I am currently 226, and my goal is 170 (I'm 5'8"). Thanks for the support in advance!
What is a modified carb nite plan?
Old 09-25-2016, 12:27 PM   #42
Maribelle
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Maribelle
Stats: 238/226/170
WOE: LCHF/Modified Carb Night 14 day cycle
Start Date: Sept. 10, 2016
Princess, the original plan is called the Carb Nite Solution, and it involves a few high carb meals on every 6th day. The rest of the time is low carb. The creator of the plan. John Kiefer, does have some stipulations about how to eat those carbs. I think 6 days is too frequent for me right now, so I am stretching the low carb days out. I have my carb cheat day every other Saturday, and I don't have any particular rules in place about what to eat that day or when. I ate what I wanted, but I made sure to only eat those things that sound really, really good to me. I ended up eating about 2700 calories yesterday, and 300 grams of carbs. I usually stay around 30 the rest of the days, and I do low carb high fat. I have no idea if this will work. I am experimenting.
Maribelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:44 PM   #43
Princessbrendag
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maribelle View Post
Princess, the original plan is called the Carb Nite Solution, and it involves a few high carb meals on every 6th day. The rest of the time is low carb. The creator of the plan. John Kiefer, does have some stipulations about how to eat those carbs. I think 6 days is too frequent for me right now, so I am stretching the low carb days out. I have my carb cheat day every other Saturday, and I don't have any particular rules in place about what to eat that day or when. I ate what I wanted, but I made sure to only eat those things that sound really, really good to me. I ended up eating about 2700 calories yesterday, and 300 grams of carbs. I usually stay around 30 the rest of the days, and I do low carb high fat. I have no idea if this will work. I am experimenting.
thanks...keep us posted and good luck
Old 09-27-2016, 04:50 PM   #44
dirk
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dirk
Stats: 255/247/215
WOE: Atkins modified
Start Date: September 2016
Back again!

Hello All! I'm not new to Low Carb Friends, but has been quite some time since I have visited. After the birth of my daughter in 2000, I discovered the Atkins diet after gaining 40# of sympathy weight. I had tremendous success with the diet and felt incredible! I maintained the LC WOE for a number of years and kept the weight off. Unfortunately, I did abandon the diet over time and I gained my weight back. Then again in 2009 I went back to Atkins and again had tremendous success. In fact, I turned 40 weighing what I did as a senior in HS and I felt great. Well, I had some personal issues about 4 years ago and I let myself go again and I got on the scales yesterday and saw the biggest number of my life... I 'm now at an age where my weight and lack of activity are a health risk. I want to live to see my kids and grand-children grow up, so I'm back (hopefully to stay!)

Over the last 2 years, I have tried in earnest to start Atkins again, but each time I experienced joint pain so severe that I had to abandon the start. I do have osteo-arthritis in my shoulders and general joint issues in other areas, but I can generally deal with the pain. I still don't know what the issue was, as in the past when I am eating LC my joints feel much better. I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this?

Thanks for any input and glad to be back!

-Dirk
dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:58 AM   #45
MustBeAWeasley
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MustBeAWeasley
Stats: 245/244/180
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 09/27/2016

Hello! I'm Brittney, I have started and stopped Low Carb a few times, never stuck but this time I'm determined and my boyfriend is committing to it with me. I started induction yesterday and plan to stay on induction for awhile, at least until I hit 200 and then move on to phase 1. Love this site, has really motivated me and it's helped me knowing that there are tons of others this way of life has worked for.
MustBeAWeasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:11 PM   #46
hyzkyd
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hyzkyd
Hello,
I am new here. I am on day seven of the induction and I am not in ketosis yet. I am exercising 5 days a week and hope to see some movement on the scale soon. Nice to see everyone's post.
hyzkyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:15 AM   #47
Yabba Dabba
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Yabba Dabba
Stats: 206/206/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3 October 2016
New to the Group!

Hello,
My name is Meg and I am really serious about losing weight. I had my son 4 years ago and got to my goal of 150 after weighing 173 when I was released form the hospital, and looked great!

I've been battling depression and anxiety over the past 2 years and am finally getting treatment, and wanting to take care of myself for ME not just so I look good in Mexico.

I am a carb freak and love salty food, but I did Atkins + wine + exercise last time and the weight came off quickly and easily.

I just need support, I can't believe I let my weight get this out of control but the only thing I can do now is change it.

Thank you for letting me join!
Yabba Dabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 10:36 PM   #48
Just steve
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Just steve
WOE: Low Carb - my own
G'day people

Been lurking for several days so thought time to say hi.
My story - had 3 heart attacks in a week and went on lc diet (<20carbs) and was doing great losing 40kg in 38 weeks but developed kidney probs and was put on a dieticians diet where I added 12 kg over 4 months following her advice religiously. So I've decided to go back to lc, this time <25 carbs and have lost 1.5kg in 1st week. 57kg to go but I am super determined to get there.
Just steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 05:37 PM   #49
Yippiotey
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Yippiotey
Stats: 180/178/145
WOE: Keto/Rosedale
Start Date: Sept. 2016
Hi Everyone,
I've been on a keto diet for about a month now. I've only lost two pounds, but the biggest blessing is that cravings for carbs STOPPED the very first day.

I had a scary heart issue (docs don't know what it was, but it wasn't a heart attack) a couple weeks into it. Biggest issues (besides no weight loss) is that I am now having hot flashes again (!) and really bad sleep.

I had one day of AMAZING energy....felt like I was 40 again (I'm 62). The NEXT day is when the heart pain started. Since then, I've been low energy.

I've been following the keto pretty religiously, only cheated one day when I had a glass of wine and some strawberries.

Somehow this doesn't seem to be a good fit for me, though I adore eating bacon. :-) I've had a Rosedale Diet book for a long time, though it always looked too drastic for me. Now that I'm past cravings, it should be a lot easier.

My husband and I are doing this together, and since he's the cook, he has expressed a lot of frustration with not knowing what to cook....Rosedale is not in his bag of tricks!

Wish us luck! We both want to lose about 30 lbs.

Deb
Yippiotey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 05:47 PM   #50
UCanDoIit
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: UCanDoIit
Stats: 315/276/185
WOE: Lap-Band 8/16 Mod-Atkins 10/16 (50 carbs)
Start Date: 10-09-2016
Hey, I'm not new, I've been on this board on and off for years.. lost 80 pounds in 2006 kept it off till 2013 where I slowly ballooned up to over 300 pounds in 2016... Decided to Have lap-Band Surgery Aug 2016, and I am currently 276 pounds.. Low Carb was hard for me, my hair feel out, I felt sick all the time and had to have my Gallbladder removed, thinking about giving it another try, staying around 50 carbs and making sure to take plenty of vitamins. We'll see.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:40 PM   #51
Smileybcuz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Smileybcuz
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: May 14 2016
New to this site

I've always had an issue with my weight but I ballooned to my heaviest in 2011, after my mom got sick and passed. I was very close with her and had to take care of her then after see passed went into being a part time care giver for my dad. His health was poor he was a diabetic with kidney failure, congestive heart failure, nerve issues, vision issues and other things. Taking care of him I decided if I don't do something about my own weight I will be going through the same things as him and my kids would go through what I was going through, I didn't want that to happen. I lost about 65 pounds, then my Dad moved in with us and I became a full time care giver, wife, and mother. I gained 15 pounds the year he lived her, then he passed 3 years after my mom. I went down quick, I gained 25 pounds in a month, depressed etc. I realized I was finally grieving my mom. I was a wreck for over a year, finally in May of this year I heard about Keto and decided to give it a try. I've lost over 20 pounds doing the keto diet, my fault for not losing more but I have a long way to go to be healthy and that is why I am here.

Sorry for the long story but that's my background. I am very supportive of others and looking for support and accountability here hopefully??
Smileybcuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 05:36 AM   #52
Casey
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Casey
Stats: At goal / living low carb
WOE: LC / Clean Eating
Start Date: October, 1999
hi, all of you that are new!. This is a very supportive site - I hope the regulars here can motivate and support you with your weight loss goals. Your stories touch my heart - even though I've been eating clean/low carb for about 16 years, I still come here for encouragement, and also to help new or returning people with their struggles. I have found low carb to be a lifestyle that I could stick with - it's not a diet you go on and off. Pick a plan and stick with it - give it time and be honest with yourself. Also, understand the science behind low carb - you're training your body to burn fat as fuel instead of carbs.
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:47 AM   #53
Smileybcuz
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
hi, all of you that are new!. This is a very supportive site - I hope the regulars here can motivate and support you with your weight loss goals. Your stories touch my heart - even though I've been eating clean/low carb for about 16 years, I still come here for encouragement, and also to help new or returning people with their struggles. I have found low carb to be a lifestyle that I could stick with - it's not a diet you go on and off. Pick a plan and stick with it - give it time and be honest with yourself. Also, understand the science behind low carb - you're training your body to burn fat as fuel instead of carbs.
Thank you for your kindness and support.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:56 AM   #54
KirstyH
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KirstyH
Hello everyone.

I'm a serial dieter and currently back on Atkins, have been surfing this board and others for a long while as I relapse into food and then get back on track again.

I'm a working Mum in hair and beauty and have a long battle with "Mum Tum".. from my language you can tell I'm not in the US.. UK here!
KirstyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:13 PM   #55
ColleenIL
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ColleenIL
Back again

In 2001 I went from 185 to 130 on the Atkins woe. Unfortunately, I got obsessed with getting to 125 and after over a year of being stalled and NEVER cheating I got discouraged and stopped low carbing.

So here I am, about 12 years since I went off the low carb woe and tipping the scales at 200 pounds. I began induction about a month ago and am feeling lighter, but no real visible signs (like longer pants). I am trying to do this without being obsessed with the numbers on the scale, so I am not weighing at all. I'm going to try to just accept this as a lifestyle, enjoy the weigh loss as I FEEL it happening.

Back in 2001 this forum was a great source of support and I am so glad to see that hasn't changed!!
ColleenIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:39 AM   #56
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/165/155
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
all!!! You are at the absolute best forum for support and information for your journey. Post, read and ask questions as frequently as you want. There is always someone around to talk with!

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
"I resist insulin" Hyperlipid
We are butter together!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:26 PM   #57
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Grace1313
Stats: 236/188/175
WOE: Low Carb my way
Start Date: September 9th, 2016
New here

Hi everyone,
I have been doing LC around a month. I am down 23 pounds and have a ways to go. I don't even have a set goal weight yet.
I love new recipes and baking LC. Always up for making something "old" into a LC version.
Glad I found this site!!
Grace1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:48 AM   #58
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/165/155
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Grace! Congratulaitons on your great progress! I was led to this forum back in 2000 and despite a few years of being a.w.o.l., I have been a regular and participating member since then. It is a gigantic wealth of support and information! Read, ask questions and share your experiences. It is always appreciated!

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
"I resist insulin" Hyperlipid
We are butter together!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 12:26 PM   #59
Smileybcuz
Senior LCF Member

Do any of you have major problems with carbs? What I mean is that it seems if I eat around 20 or more I just balloon up. Before I decided to do Keto, I realized that carbs were my enemy but I didn't realize how bad. I miss my vegetables but it seems like I have to stay around 10 or less, anyone else like this?
Old 10-16-2016, 06:53 AM   #60
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Grace1313
Stats: 236/188/175
WOE: Low Carb my way
Start Date: September 9th, 2016
Thank you Cathy!!
Grace1313 is offline   Reply With Quote