Forum Jump

Old 10-16-2016, 02:10 PM   #61
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Grace1313
Stats: 236/188/175
WOE: Low Carb my way
Start Date: September 9th, 2016
I posted my introduction here, and still learning the site. Not sure where to post this, but want to tell somebody. Today was weigh day for me. Down another 3lbs. Total of 26lbs. I want to tell everyone, but then I would get funny looks. If there is a specific spot to post, please let me know. My new short term goal is 10lbs. That will not be anywhere near goal weight, but will get me out of the 200lbs category.
Grace1313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2016, 02:59 PM   #62
Princessbrendag
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessbrendag
Stats: 194/129/122 to 130
WOE: Maintenance My Way
Start Date: September 6th 2016
to the board...you could start a journal and post your weight losses there...Go to the box that says forum jump and scroll down till you find Weight Loss Journals...Congrats on your losses so far

-64 POUNDS

Weight Loss Journey Link
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=884343

Maintenance Journal Link
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=888201

Last edited by Princessbrendag; 10-16-2016 at 03:11 PM..
Princessbrendag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 04:32 PM   #63
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Brenda. I will look for the journals.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:59 AM   #64
LLamaislosing#
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LLamaislosing#
New friend requesting help!

Hi everyone,
Low carbing has been a way of life for me for many years. I'm back at it seriously, and have lost some of my favorite recipes.
One absolute favorite came from this forum at least 6 years ago, and I am hoping that someone still has it.
It came from the now defunct Blaine's Low Carb Kitchen. A recipe for General Tso's chicken, that did not use ketchup. It did use rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, ginger, garlic, chili paste. It gave carb counts for add-ins such as broccoli, green peppers, ect.
The thread that it was posted in was probably a mile long
I had at least 3 copies, but of course, all have dissapeared. Everyone, on a diet or not, preferred it to anything else we had ever tried. It was a skillet recipe, but worked really well in the crock pot, too.
Thanks for any help you can give. I'm so excited to be back in the "family" again!
Have a great day!
LLamaislosing# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:06 AM   #65
LLamaislosing#
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LLamaislosing#
Hi Grace1313!
Congratulations on your strides! I am at the same place, less than 10 lbs. to go to get to new numbers. Lets go!!
~Llama
LLamaislosing# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:32 PM   #66
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
WOE: N.K.=vlc/moderate protein/high fat
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
LLamaislosing, welcome back! I don't know the recipe but am interested in it! It might be useful to post on the main forum or the recipe help forum. I bet someone will help out quickly!

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
"I resist insulin" Hyperlipid
We are butter together!
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:40 AM   #67
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Llama,
I'm with you, let's hit the new numbers!!
Old 10-21-2016, 03:36 PM   #68
Maliagalia
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Maliagalia
Stats: 190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 10/20/2016

Hi, all.

I'm a new low carb dieter. A little about myself - my husband have some weight to lose and it's no doubt due to our indulgent eating habits. I have successfully lost weight using Whole 30 and calorie counting, but recently my husband asked me to try this out with him. We have two active kids that don't have weight issues, and we do, for the most part, eat healthy - but we're busy, and that seems to get us into trouble.

I recently put on about 30 lbs and it's not wanting to come off, so that's my goal in adopting this way of life.

Can't wait to read all about your journeys.
Maliagalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:48 PM   #69
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Maliagalia.
I'm pretty new too. But I can tell you this is a great place to be. Lots of friendly, supportive people.
Tons of recipes, info..well you get the picture.. Lol.
I wish you well on your journey.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:58 PM   #70
emily1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emily1
Stats: 206.8/182/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2012
Rejoining lcf !

I have been on and off low carb for about 10 years. I was very successful at maintaining my weight with low carb until I got pregnant and my prenatal doctor told me I had to incorporate carbs into my diet. Being the all or nothing type of gal that I am, this last year has been one long carb binge. My baby is now almost 5 months and I have made the decision that it's time to refocus on my health. It's not going To be as easy with my baby in the picture but I can't go on like this . I haven't weighed myself yet ... I believe i have about 40-45 pounds to lose though. Will update my stats after my weigh in tomorrow
Morning. Wish me luck!
emily1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:08 PM   #71
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Emily1 and good luck. You can do this!!
Old 10-24-2016, 07:41 AM   #72
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Welcome Maliagalia and Emily!!! Join in on the main forum!

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
We are butter together!
Old 10-25-2016, 08:46 AM   #73
Kelibean81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kelibean81
Stats: 165/139/130 5'7"
WOE: LCHF maintenance
Start Date: 3/1/13 Restart 4/4/16
Smileybcuz - This is in response to an earlier question you posted; appears there are two "intro" boards now. When I first started this journey 6 months ago, I really had to be strict and stay under 20 carbs a day consistently to see real progress. I'm in maintenance now and I do a mix of staying within those induction levels and occasionally having days with more carbs. At this point I think my body has now adapted to the LC WOE so I don't see those immediate water weight gains that I did in the beginning. I think it's just your body's way of adjusting. I'm no doctor, but I suspect it won't be this way for you forever.

Someone once mentioned on this board that as our bodies' fat cells lose fat, they really want to maintain their mass, so they fill up with water any chance they get in order to maintain their size. Over time, our fat cells shrink and once that happens, they don't have a need to fill themselves up with as much water. I think this explains why I would "balloon up" as you said, at seemingly any extra overage of carbs in the beginning and I don't find this to be the case now.

Hope this helps

Kelly

1st Goal: 135 - MET on July 29, 2016!
Final Goal: 130 - MET on August 26, 2016!
Stretch Goal: 125
Maintenance Range: 130-135

Last edited by Kelibean81; 10-25-2016 at 08:49 AM..
Kelibean81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 04:27 AM   #74
brenrich
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: brenrich
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 2/10/16
Just joined this site...started low carb back in Feb of this year at 213 pounds...down now to 193. Trying to get under 190 by the end of my first year. I have also given up all alcohol.
brenrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:01 AM   #75
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Welcome Brenrich! Join us on the main board for support and good discussions!

We are butter together!
Old 11-07-2016, 10:11 AM   #76
artlover
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: artlover
Almost one month of induction and only down a couple of pounds:(

Hello. I am a 40 year old female and started induction almost a month ago. I am 5'7 and started at 149 lbs. I did two weeks of strict induction and lost two pounds and have continued on for nearing another two weeks now only allowing myself the indulgence of sugar free gum and a couple diet cokes a day. I am active in general but I have stepped up my cardio routine that includes a three mile run each morning on top of a lot of general activity during the day. I don't really have a "goal weight" as I am interested most in burning fat but when I have been at my most comfortable weight in the past I hover around 135. I am frustrated because I am not really losing any weight despite my best and most realistic efforts. I got on the scale this morning and was 146... just 3 lbs down from 25 days of induction. I have lost a couple of inches around my waist but am wondering if any of you have suggestions of how to start to tip the scale. I use to follow a strict LC diet and slowly lost my way of the course of the last couple of years. I also formerly drank a lot of red wine but I have not had a sip of alcohol since I began induction. I really appreciate your thought / advice in advanced!
artlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:38 AM   #77
cheri
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Hello artlover,

Sometimes it better to count the inches rather the pounds.. Especially since you are close to your goal weight.. Weight loss on the scale can go slowly the closer you are to goal. You also need to check your calories. When you are nearing your goal, calories need to be watched, to a certain extent, more carefully... You can cut them by eating leaner meats.. lower cheese consumption, less nitrates such as lunch meats.. nuts.. and peanut butter.

It may also help you to journal your menus of what you are eating on the journals board.. People can be very helpful when seeing what your intake is during the day. Also, remember to eat until satisfied and try not to snack throughout the day because that can be a downfall as well. Make sure you are staying well hydrated with your water intake and as you are already doing, cut down on soda.

If you are working hard to keep your carbs around 50 grams per day, your insulin levels will be low and your glucagon high. Your fat cells will be open and fat can easily come out to be burned. However, if you’re eating a few ounces of cheese and/or nuts here and there, your body will have enough fat to meet all its energy needs with some left over. And your weight loss will come to a complete stop.

If you are sticking to your plan, and still losing away, keep doing what you’re doing. If you quit losing, take a look at your cheese and/or nut consumption. Cut those out, and your weight loss will surely pick up again.

Hope this helps some!

cheri

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:35 PM   #78
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Casey
Stats: At goal / living low carb
WOE: LC / Clean Eating
Start Date: October, 1999
Hi, artlover - In addition to what Cheri said, let me add that it's harder to lose the second (third or fourth) time around and age is also a factor. Hang in there!
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:15 AM   #79
Natnatnat
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Natnatnat
Hey everyone I'm Nat . I've been following th LCHF diet for around a month for a week I didn't have any weight loss then gained a pound so this Saturday just gone me and my partner had a "off/cheat" day . Started the egg fast as soon as we woke up Sunday weighed myself today and I'm 3 pound heavier feeling so disheartened , the egg diet isn't nice but I've perserveared 4 th day today and I don't look /feel/ weigh any lighter any guidance will be really appreciated
Natnatnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:54 PM   #80
jerseybill
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jerseybill
Stats: 334/254.2/240
WOE: LCHF IF
Start Date: September 2016
Off to a fresh start

Started in Sept. and lost 20lbs to date doing LCHF and IF.
This is the 49th. anniversary of my first diet. At 21 I was 195 and started my first diet when I was 225 just a year later. I lost 20 lbs on that diet and was satisfied which was the beginning of a lifetime of two steps forward and one step back till I reached 334 lbs . Previously I've been most successful with low carb programs but always ended with frustration at a plateau before gaining all that I lost plus.
Now I've been drinking the bulletproof coffee in the AM and keeping my eating window between 2 and 8 pm.So far so good this time but I can't seem to get those sticks to change color.
jerseybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 04:32 PM   #81
Smileybcuz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Smileybcuz
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: May 14 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelibean81 View Post
Smileybcuz - This is in response to an earlier question you posted; appears there are two "intro" boards now. When I first started this journey 6 months ago, I really had to be strict and stay under 20 carbs a day consistently to see real progress. I'm in maintenance now and I do a mix of staying within those induction levels and occasionally having days with more carbs. At this point I think my body has now adapted to the LC WOE so I don't see those immediate water weight gains that I did in the beginning. I think it's just your body's way of adjusting. I'm no doctor, but I suspect it won't be this way for you forever.

Someone once mentioned on this board that as our bodies' fat cells lose fat, they really want to maintain their mass, so they fill up with water any chance they get in order to maintain their size. Over time, our fat cells shrink and once that happens, they don't have a need to fill themselves up with as much water. I think this explains why I would "balloon up" as you said, at seemingly any extra overage of carbs in the beginning and I don't find this to be the case now.

Hope this helps
Thanks Kelly!

I just saw your post and I've never heard of that about our fat cells, it makes sense. I'm still having to watch very closely, I have to eat 15 or less to see any kind of loss so I restrict my vegetables too. How disappointing since I do like my vegetables. Like you said though I will eventually get there it will just take time.
Smileybcuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:49 AM   #82
OliveOil
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: OliveOil
My Introduction: Hi, I'm a 69 year old female who has dieted most of my life. My weight has been both normal and overweight.

My biggest challenge has been that I haven't yet crossed over from being a sugar-burner to a fat-burner. When I go on a LCHF food plan, I am plagued with constant hunger from being a sugar-burner. This is crazy-making because I'm constantly having to "white knuckle" all day long while I struggle with this crazy hunger. I have even had my doctor test me for diabetes several times, and I am as normal as they come with my blood sugar levels.

My current WOE is the Low Carb, Higher Healthy Fats, Lower Protein regimen of Dr. Rosedale, who I believe is right on target with what he teaches. Today I'm doing some study on the wonderful Rosedale forum to figure out a more scientific plan with the Rosedale diet....and am finding a lot of good suggestions, statistics, workarounds, and successes that I hope I can translate over to my own life to help me be a success, finally, with dieting. This crazy-hunger I get has been my downfall many, many times. I even had to quit disciplined and structured 12 Step food program because I was always breaking my agreement about my food plan....due to the constant, crazy hunger.

So, I hope to be sharing a success story soon...although I feel like a success today because I joined this wonderful forum - and - because today I'm taking action toward living a healthier livestyle. Sending love and pink light to all you wonderful low carbers.....

Last edited by OliveOil; 11-18-2016 at 07:51 AM..
OliveOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:15 PM   #83
Smileybcuz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Smileybcuz
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: May 14 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliveOil View Post
My Introduction: Hi, I'm a 69 year old female who has dieted most of my life. My weight has been both normal and overweight.

My biggest challenge has been that I haven't yet crossed over from being a sugar-burner to a fat-burner. When I go on a LCHF food plan, I am plagued with constant hunger from being a sugar-burner. This is crazy-making because I'm constantly having to "white knuckle" all day long while I struggle with this crazy hunger. I have even had my doctor test me for diabetes several times, and I am as normal as they come with my blood sugar levels.

My current WOE is the Low Carb, Higher Healthy Fats, Lower Protein regimen of Dr. Rosedale, who I believe is right on target with what he teaches. Today I'm doing some study on the wonderful Rosedale forum to figure out a more scientific plan with the Rosedale diet....and am finding a lot of good suggestions, statistics, workarounds, and successes that I hope I can translate over to my own life to help me be a success, finally, with dieting. This crazy-hunger I get has been my downfall many, many times. I even had to quit disciplined and structured 12 Step food program because I was always breaking my agreement about my food plan....due to the constant, crazy hunger.

So, I hope to be sharing a success story soon...although I feel like a success today because I joined this wonderful forum - and - because today I'm taking action toward living a healthier livestyle. Sending love and pink light to all you wonderful low carbers.....
I have learned that works for one person does not always work for the next, it's a matter of finding what works for you. I am doing the keto, it took about 1 week for the sugar cravings to go away and happy to say that they are gone unless I cheat to many days in roll.

I wish you well on your journey!
Old 11-19-2016, 11:01 AM   #84
Annabelle2u
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Annabelle2u
Stats: First time:300/224/150 Restart: 299/263/150
WOE: Around 2000 calories/50 Net carbs
Start Date: First time:300/224/150 Restart: 313/306/180
well... I am back... please keep me here :)

Well... I have been off and on lowcarb since 2003... to start it was a good long stretch... decent results but have never got close to my goal weight. Eventually I would get discouraged or something and slide off, then never really got a good start again... went through dabbling with gluten free etc.

I always knew the science and it made sense to me... but low and behold the medical community has finally caught up with my understanding! I went into a main stream physician for medical weight loss management and they out me on low carb!! with all my past knowledge, this is not difficult for me to get used to and feel good with... and now that I have a doctor backing me and telling me to do it, maybe I will stay with it lifelong like it should be.

So been back on since Monday, down my 6 pounds (of course mostly water but that is good too!)and she has set a goal for me to lose 10 pounds in the first month (should be easy).

Atkinish program but not really. Has me sticking to 2000 cal a day. 50 max net carbs, but since it won't track that she set it for 80 actual carbs. Percentages she wants in those 2000 cal is 15% carb 15% protein and 70% fat. All sits well with my previous knowledge.

So now to stick with this and see it through to healthier weights. And I of course thought of this message board again as a possible way to get and give support.

So hello everyone again!
Annabelle2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:58 AM   #85
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Well welcome back. I m new since you were gone. But I babble on here a lot and try to be as supportive as I can via the web.
Glad you're back on track with a Dr, that supports you. That is great!!
Now you have the water weight lost, you can move on to that fat burning machine you can be!!

" I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be, but by the grace of God, I am not what I once was". - John Newton

Reminder to myself: share the grace I have been so freely given.

For Cynthia: I need food to fuel my body, not my emotions!
Old 11-22-2016, 08:59 AM   #86
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliveOil View Post

Eat! If you are correctly trying to keep protein and carbs in a certain range, then fill up on fat. You may need to get creative but there are solutions that are tasty and filling. Check out this forum. It is all about keto living..... it is not very active but there are some long and extensive threads on points of interest like high fat recipes.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=91

Oh, and welcome!!!

We are butter together!
Old 11-22-2016, 11:16 AM   #87
Beckera
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beckera
Stats: 228/222/175
WOE: Keto (LCHF)
Start Date: Nov 1 2016
Heya!

Hello there everyone! I'm Becky, and I started doing LCHF (Keto) the beginning of this month. I did it all the time in high school (20+ years ago) and really should have stuck with it.

I live in New Hampshire's beautiful Mount Washington Valley, I am a mother to three beautiful children; Bryan 17, David 16 and Medea 14. They keep me on my toes! I get to share the raising of these wicked intelligent and caring teenagers with their father and step-mother in Las Vegas. It's your quintessential blended family, but it works for us.

I work for a non-profit human services agency during the week as a team leader- our organization provides professional support and services to people affected by mental illness, developmental disabilities, substance abuse, acquired brain injury or related disorders.

Anything else you wanna know...just ask
Beckera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:03 PM   #88
marylouise
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
I'm back

Hi Cheri,
Its been 3 years since I have been here.
I'm back and fat again!
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:37 PM   #89
marylouise
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Hi, Becky
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 04:24 PM   #90
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Beckera, you sound like an awesome Mom! Jump in on the main board!

Marylouise!,, great to see you back. I remember you well and it is awesome to see you back!

We are butter together!