Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-05-2017, 10:21 AM   #121
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
WOE: N.K.=vlc/moderate protein/high fat
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Hello WonderMonkey! You sound as if you are committed to getting your health back. See you on the main lobby!

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
"I resist insulin" Hyperlipid
We are butter together!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2017, 02:11 PM   #122
lainielou
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lainielou
Stats: 364/started atkins@339/291/150 1/1/17 cw: 275.5
WOE: atkins induction >20 net carbs daily
Start Date: August 2010
not a new member. . a return member. I lost almost 70lbs during my first try at low carb but fell off the plan and fell onto about 60 lbs.

I started a household challenge with my two sons who were overweight and together we lost a lot of weight. My oldest son lost the most and looks amazing. A whole new person! my youngest is now at a healthy weight as well. i lost quite a bit and got a good start.

I decided to come back here because I found it kept me accountable. ..and i was overjoyed to see that i weigh less than i did when I last signed in!!! Made me feel good!

So i stay at a pretty count of less than 20 carbs a day.

I miss fruit a lot but feel so much better eating this way that it makes up for it!

Last edited by lainielou; 01-05-2017 at 02:12 PM..
lainielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 02:49 PM   #123
Puppy love
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Puppy love
Stats: 203/126 /126
WOE: No sugar/grains-clean eating
Start Date: October 1, 2012
Welcome everybody post often and let us know how your doing.
Puppy love is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:31 PM   #124
Hilkei
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hilkei
Stats: 350/290/190
WOE: Trying to be Low Carb
Start Date: January 2017
I hope this will post to the newbie board, I'm technologically challenged.

I've been reading recipes and finding new ingredients/products to buy on Netrition, but just joined officially and thought I'd say hi!

I beat Uterine Cancer in 2001, Lymphoma this year, am 61 years old, Diabetic and weigh 290. Let me tell you under these circumstances it's hard to lose weight, but let me give myself some credit, my top weight was 350.

Although I am still revving up and not following a plan yet, I am starting to track and slowly change my foods to lower carb. I still can't help the feeling using net carbs is "cheating," but if I count carbs per the nutritional information without deducting the fiber and sugar alcohols, I'm afraid I won't be able to stick to low carb.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here. It's nice to know that others have similar issues.
Hilkei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:27 PM   #125
WonderMonkey
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WonderMonkey
Stats: 274.8/257.5/200??
Start Date: Jan 3, 2017
Welcome Hilkei! Congrats on beating that !#$&^% cancer!
WonderMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:55 AM   #126
cassieedmondson188
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 188/176/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2017
Hey guys. I just joined yesterday and I have never really been a part of anything like this before but I feel like it will help me to talk to other people with the same struggles as me. I am a mom of two teenage boys. I am newly married to a very loving and supportive man and I teach high school math. I am trying to get healthier so that I can enjoy a new stage of my life. I started dieting on January 2, 2017. My starting weight was 188 pounds. I had a few set backs and I didn't get really serious about it until January 9th. All together I've lost 12 pounds. I know the first weight comes off faster and there will be plateaus, which is why I'm here for support.
cassieedmondson188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:18 PM   #127
Hilkei
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hilkei
Stats: 350/290/190
WOE: Trying to be Low Carb
Thanks, WonderMonkey. Hopefully this time it's gone for good.

Keep going, Cassie!
Hilkei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:40 PM   #128
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
WOE: N.K.=vlc/moderate protein/high fat
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Welcome Hilkei and Cassie. You have found the best support site! Jump in in the main forum. Read, ask questions, vent, be part of the conversation!

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
"I resist insulin" Hyperlipid
We are butter together!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 12:16 PM   #129
Puppy love
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome, Hilkei and Cassie,

I know you can do anything you set your minds too. I can't wait to hear about your success.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:50 AM   #130
Goldie
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Goldie
Start Date: 11/26/17
Hi all, I'm new here! Just stopping by to introduce myself!
Goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 07:31 AM   #131
Puppy love
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Goldie....you can do this.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:38 AM   #132
SharonRose
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SharonRose
Hi

Read here since a while, especially in the Callanetics thread and today I come in with an account.
SharonRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 11:52 AM   #133
Bird
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bird
Hello, Thanks for adding me

I have been off of low carb for a few years and have now made the decision to begin with induction again. Looking forward to the support and all of the other things this site can offer.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 11:54 AM   #134
Puppy love
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome SharonRose and Bird....Wishing you success on your journey.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:03 AM   #135
cq23
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cq23
Hi Everyone,
New here. I'm a 52 year old who has spent the majority of her life on one diet or another. If I could live on carbs alone and not be fat I would be the happiest woman on earth!! I have reached the conclusion that carbs don't like me (or like me very much and want to hang on lol) so I have given them up. I started on a zero carb plan on Jan 4th. I'm down 8 lbs and feeling pretty good. I currently weigh 178lbs and would like to get to 145. Sticking with the plan is not that hard for me because I'm an all or nothing kid of gal! I'm all in!! I have a very intense job and kids so it's really hard to spend all kinds of time calculating so I went extreme..I eat cheese, eggs and meat. Not sure if this is good for me but once I lose 20 lbs I will go to the doctor and have my blood checked just to be on the safe side. I am working out a plan for how to fit exercise into my already busy schedule and then I will be all set. Everyone on the site is so supportive. I will try to support others as well!! Looking forward to the journey!!
cq23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:54 AM   #136
Puppy love
Major LCF Poster!

Cq23 welcome. Good luck on your journey.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:30 AM   #137
debbie22
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: debbie22
Start Date: January 27, 2017
Off for 3 years ,,now I'm back !

Hi , I'm Debbie. I have been off my low carb diet for 3 years. Coming back home . I know I can do it ..but in the beginning weeks it is hard. Thanks for this great place to share and discuss !
debbie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:44 AM   #138
debbie22
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: debbie22
Start Date: January 27, 2017
Bread

I'm Debbie . Not sure if I did this right . If anybody has any great o carb bread recipes . Or knows where to buy o or very low carb bread please share . thanks so much .
debbie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:56 PM   #139
JoyAnne
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JoyAnne
Stats: 207/203/140
A little Overwhelmed...

Hi, I'm new too. Started my low carb diet a little over a week ago. Didn't know there were so many variations until I found this message board. I'm reading through as many recipes and tips that I can to get in the groove. Your stories are all so amazing and encouraging!
JoyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:06 PM   #140
Puppy love
Major LCF Poster!

Joyanne welcome....good luck on your journey.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:09 PM   #141
Corinne
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Corinne
Hiya! I am new here!

Hey everyone. I am Corinne, and will set up a signature line soon, but for now, I am going to be 55 a month from today, have 12 kids ranging in age from 36 down to 12, and 14 grandkids so far!

I lost a lot of weight on Atkins between by 11th and 12th babies, and gained it back because I thought I had to quit low carbing during pregnancy. Not true but I thought so anyway. After the baby I just could NOT lose and blamed it on age and then menopause! My husband lost and has kept off 130 lbs!

2 weeks ago I stumbled on an article that talked about how previous low-carbers sabotage themselves with all the low carb cheats and could actually lose if not for those and I realized that might be the problem. So...

I started Atkins induction that very day and strictly counted every carb, staying at around 10-16 g per day. I have lost 13 pounds!!! I am ecstatic, and so excited about it. I honestly thought I couldn't lose anymore.

I had 110 pounds to lose, and now 97 (hahahaha!) and got some of my energy back and am happy to be here. I hope to get to know you all, and make some new friends!

I came across this recipe this afternoon and can't wait to try it.

Pimped Pork Rind “Oopsie” Bread

Serves: 6

Ingredients

3 large eggs at room temperature, separated
Pinch cream of tartar
4 tbsp (80ml) mayonnaise
½ cup (120ml) finely crushed pork rinds
1 tsp (5ml) garlic powder OR 1 minced garlic clove
1 tsp (5ml) sea salt
Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
¾ tsp dried basil + extra for sprinkling
3-4 tbsp (60-80ml) grated parmesan OR grated cheddar, for sprinkling on top
Method

Preheat oven 150°C/300°F. Line a large baking tray with parchment & lightly grease the parchment itself with oil spray.

In a medium bowl and using electric beaters, whip egg whites with a pinch of cream of until stiff peaks form.

In another medium bowl, add egg yolks, mayonnaise, crushed pork rinds, garlic, sea salt, pepper & dried basil. Using the same beaters, whip together until just combined.

With a spatula, stir ¼ of the egg whites into the yolk mixture to lighten. Gently fold through remaining egg whites being careful not to deflate the whites too much.

Using a spatula, spread mixture into a large rectangle onto prepared tray; then sprinkle the top with grated parmesan (or cheddar, or a mixture of both) and a little extra dried basil.

Bake for 30 minutes. Remove and allow oopsie bread to cool completely on the tray before cutting into 6 squares.

Keep stored, uncovered, on your kitchen bench for up to 2 days. (Do not refrigerate or cover them as they will turn sticky). While you can freeze and defrost these, they are so easy to whip up that I recommend baking them fresh to order!
Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:50 AM   #142
Espada
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Espada
Stats: 245/227/190
WOE: very low carb
Start Date: 30 January 2017
My first post here.

15 years ago I used to be very fit and and weighed 170lbs. I have since let myself go eating whenever and whatever I want, and being a heavy drinker wine and beer almost everyday for 15 years. with age I am now almost 50 and weigh 245lbs (naked) have high blood pressure. I hate the way I look and feel.

I have now started to do something about it. Just wanted to share with people

My first week this week I have started by only eating once per day in the evening and eating hardly any carbs. Mainly eating meat / fish / eggs and cheeses butter and olive oil. I think he fasting in the day will really help for the first week. and after 3 days (now day 4) I am starting to feel better.

I stopped drinking any alcohol this week and going to try and maybe drink once per week if at all at the moment I am not missing it (I thought I would)

I am not going to weigh myself for 2 weeks at least to let my body adjust. I will post update or updates on here.

Ideal goal is 190lbs
Espada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 04:37 PM   #143
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Grace1313
Stats: 236/188/175
WOE: Low Carb my way
Start Date: September 9th, 2016
Hello everyone and welcome has been a minute since I stopped in the introductions, so many new members yay!!
Debbie 22 the recipe boards have tons of LC bread recipes and you can order LC bread from netrition.
Corinne the recipe sounds delish!
Best of luck to everyone on their journey! You can do it!!

" I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be, but by the grace of God, I am not what I once was". - John Newton

Reminder to myself: share the grace I have been so freely given.

For Cynthia: I need food to fuel my body, not my emotions!
Grace1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:47 AM   #144
strawbreezy
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: strawbreezy
Newbie... 2nd Time Around!

Hi Everyone,
I'm a newbie to these forums, although I've been a reader for quite some time. I'm not a newbie to Low Carb, but for some reason I feel like I am again . I lost 62 lbs in 2011-2012, but through events in my life I didn't continue to eat low carb, but I wish now that I did. I've gained back most of what I lost.

I follow a general low-carb lifestyle because I find it fits in best with my life. My biggest trouble in the last little while is that I'm having trouble sticking with it. I find I can do well all day with breakfast and lunch, and then when I get home from work I don't want to cook what I planned or eat what I already cooked, especially if I feel a negative emotion. I suffer from anxiety and that is a big issue for me in my life right now, but I'm getting some help with it which will hopefully help. This on top of recent events in my life and feeling like an utter failure for gaining the weight back. I think I worry too much about what people think!

Has anyone here eaten low carb straight for a long period of time? I think this is what I need. If anyone has any advice when it comes to willpower, sticking with it especially in light of my emotional eating, I'd appreciate any advice you may have.

Thanks and nice to meet you all!!
strawbreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:27 AM   #145
Baylor
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baylor
WOE: Atkins's 72-DANDR
Start Date: 1/18/2017
Hey there!!
I am not new to Atkins but new here. I started Atkins in 93 when I saw him on tv talking about eating bacon and eggs for breakfast and losing weight. I thought.." Ill show him!!" I don't like eggs but I listened to what he said on tv followed it loosely and lost weight. Likke 14 lbs in 2 weeks. I was hooked and went out and got 72 Atkins book and read it and worked it and in 2 months I had lost 45lbs. And I kept that off for 10 years. I got married had babies, and after I was done having those babies I was up to 278.
I came back to Atkins and within 18 months I lost 96 lbs and I was feeling good.
I was about 43 and All of a sudden my hormones went wonky and I gained weight breathing. I was not eating off plan but I started gaining weight. I played I cajoled and yet nothing helped.. I gained about 20 lbs still holding on to plan but I couldn't hold it forever. I got frustrated and still ate mostly Atkins but didn't shy away from other things. What was the point. It was not working for me anyway right??
I was okay for years and then last year both of my parents had major health crisises and nearly died. It was a tough year. I spent my time taking care of them and worrying about them and by the time fall came I had 40 extra pounds and 180/99 blood pressure.

Good news is that I started back to Atkins 72 on Jan 18 and I have been doing it every since with great results. I feel awesome. I am sleeping better. My bp is down to 113/77 and I have lost 13.5 lbs.

It was tough acknowledging the slide. But I can stay shamed and upset about it or I can my bum up and do something. And I am.

I am 50 now and I plan to take this to the end and beyond. I did not really have a plan for after last time.. This time I do.

Glad to be here with you all!
Baylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:20 AM   #146
Puppy love
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Baylor you can do anything you set your mind to.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:04 AM   #147
Tjames
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tjames
Hi to All

I want to give a big Hello and a breif introduction, I'v been following a Keto based eating lifestyle for 6 weeks now and feel really good. My beginning weight was 262 lbs. and am now 247 lbs. I do work out 3-4 times a week so overall what the mirror and jeans tell me is it is working. As far as cheating, I haven't been doing it with carbs, but I will have a few adult beverages from time to time, understanding that this is stalling my fat burning for a brief period of time. I am looking forward to getting some good ideas and feedback from this site
Tjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:30 AM   #148
Puppy love
Major LCF Poster!

Tjames....welcome.. Come join us on the exercise forum under move it move it feb
Old 02-10-2017, 12:53 PM   #149
bcgal00
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bcgal00
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: February 2017
Hi everyone. I was following a low carb plan for a few years and fell off the wagon while on a cruise 1.5 years ago. I never went back to it, blaming my inability to lose the 8 lbs I gained on the cruise to age (almost 60), thyroid disease and not enough exercise. I then gained 10 more lbs. My joints are achy and I'm tired and foggy a lot. So, before it gets totally out of control, I must take charge of my eating habits again and make better choices. I struggled with the low carb eating as I really missed a lot of the starches and bread products but I have to admit I had gotten the weight/bloating down and felt more energized. I need to focus on how I feel not what I miss when going LC. I'm ready to start again. Glad to have found this forum and hope I can create an eating plan that I can sustain this time.
bcgal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #150
Puppy love
Major LCF Poster!

Bcgal00
Welcome you can do it try to focus on all the things you can have.