Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-16-2016, 06:46 PM   #91
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
Yes, that's why I said that about not feeling very safe. I have a pretty active social life which of course always involves food and drinks. Most of the time I stay pretty well in control and if I stray a bit here and there I can get right back on track and keep in my window. But sometimes I stray a bit more and then I have more work to do to get back where I want to be. And I have never thought of myself as the "champion" of fast-5ing. Judy is the one with the iron self control around here and I admire her so much. I am a champion of this WOE, meaning that I love to share it's value to anybody who'll listen. But I'm not perfect by any means. I am proud of the fact that for many years now I have not let my weight get completely out of control before getting back on whatever track I'm on at the time. I'm a career dieter, that's for sure. I've been a lifetime member of Weight Watchers since 1972 and have yo-yoed my way through my life until the last several years when I seem to have finally gotten control of my eating life. But as a food addict I'm not sure you're ever really "safe", so maybe that's what I mean by that too. I'll stop now as this is becoming quite the essay and is probably way more info about me than you really want to hear, lol. Sorry.

What do I do? I'm a wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, sister and daughter. Along with having many friends. So it seems like we're always doing something with somebody. My husband retired last year and has had 2 major joint replacements since then, so I also feel like a part time therapist after this last year. We love to camp in our fifth wheel camper and boat and fish in our pontoon boat. We're going to Texas for the winter this year for the first time and are really looking forward to escaping our KC winters. Since retirement the hardest thing for me is keeping track of what day it is, as everyday seems like Saturday or Sunday. I am very blessed.

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2016, 09:12 AM   #92
Lori_:)
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 223/174/160(?)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/1/13
Hello Everyone.......do you have room for another poster?

A bit about me. I'm 56 years old, recently retired after 31+ years as an accountant for an electric utility. I play golf in the summer, and do a strenuous boot camp workout 3-4 times a week. I have been doing the boot camp thing for nearly 4 years and am up to almost 600 sessions! I head for the studio at 5:30AM on my exercise days. Early riser here! I'm married, with 2 grown step-kids and 4 grandsons aged 8-13. Whew! That was more than you wanted to know, wasn't it?

As for my weight, in the past 4 years, I have lost 50 lbs, but have another 10-20 that I would like to lose. I follow a LC plan(when I'm on track), but want to get more strict with myself and move more to EFGT style. I am quite happy where I am, which makes being strict that much harder. I have tried multiple times to do the "fasting" thing, but it is a struggle for me. Boot camp has reshaped my body more than any exercise I have ever done. Yes, it's hard, but what results! I also would like to add in walking/running instead of so much recliner sitting.

I'd love to get to know you all and become a regular poster here. I'm going to spend this afternoon rereading EFGT for some inspiration.

"See" you soon!
Old 11-17-2016, 11:09 AM   #93
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Lori!! I wish I had that kind of discipline to exercise!! I know how good it is for you and how well it works to sculpt your body but it's just so hard to actually go do it. For me anyway.
Congrats on the 50# loss!! That's wonderful! Fasting is a struggle in the beginning but once you get going it gets much easier. EFGT is a great WOE too. We're open to all no matter what eating plan you're on.

Food can wait!
Old 11-17-2016, 01:55 PM   #94
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/157/145
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies,

On a knitting binge right now!!

Welcome, Lori... You are from a beautiful state.

Hey, Sandy, tomorrow at the Whole Foods in Jo Co, they are having a low carb dessert demonstration. Wish I could go, but Beth says they are putting the recipes on FB.

Sounds like everyone is busy and doing well on their plans. It is hard when you go out with friends and everything focuses around food. But that is life.

I have 2 grown kids, one soninlaw. I like to cook, and knit and read. I belong to a faux Curves, which I have not been to in a while. Need to get back there. Involved in church, and volunteer at the school. Trying not to eat so early in the am.

I love to read and watch mysteries. English mysteries are my Favorite. Hercules Poirot is my hero. Lolol.

We are heading to Bville tomorrow for dinner at the Price Tower...love it, staying over and breakfast at the Painted Pony. Should be fun. We might catch a movie...

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 06:19 PM   #95
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Still Karen
Stats: 173 starting weight, now 168
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 15, 2017
Welcome Lori!! I'm a newby to this group also. I've only been here a week. These ladies are very warm & encouraging. I hope you enjoy hanging out here.

My calories for today are 1100 , not the 1000 I was shooting for but the 100 calorie chocolate cookie I added to my day was VERY enjoyable

Sandy....you are very fortunate to have so many wonderful friends. Spending the winter in warmth sounds like such a luxury. We are usually at least 4 feet deep in snow by January (Minnesota). Do you park in campgrounds and move around or do you park in one location all winter?

Carolyn...what are you knitting? I'm a quilter myself. Different needles but sooooo fun!!! Low Carb desserts?????? I can't believe they taste good but you'll have to share.

Lori......you are crazy with all that gut wrenching exercising. I think I'd rather be hit with a frying pan than endure those boot camp experiences, and 5 a.m..........blahhhhhh. Even at the height of my physical strength I would have recoiled at that system. But.....I take my hat off to you and congratulate your 50 lb loss.
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:07 PM   #96
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Hey all you EFGT people. I have been reading more of what you do with the fat, carb, protein ratio and it caused me to go read the label on my Pecan Butter. It has 21 g fat, 7 g carb, & 4 g protein for 2 TBSP's. This stuff is soooooooooooo delicious. I could eat the whole jar with a spoon but because of the calorie count of 210 per 2 Tbsp I never do. I usually have 1 Tbsp on one slice of toasted sprouted grain bread which is so yummy that a person would think they were eating dessert. The brand I purchase is Ziegelmeier's. You can read about it at www.ziegelmeiers.com . After reading how the EFGT diet works I might have a day of eating nothing except Pecan Better.

Honestly, as I read about the EFGT diet (live-it) I just can not figure out what you people eat. I'm perplexed. Carolyn, would you share a typical day's foods on this plan. You seem to really be in to this way of eating.

Thank ya very much
Old 11-17-2016, 10:53 PM   #97
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
Hi Lori, and welcome!
Congrats to you for losing 50 pounds and being as physically fit as you obviously are!

Pecan butter straight out of the jar, Karen.

Have any of you gotten any vitafiber? I got that syrup then finally made a pecan pie a couple of months ago. I'm going to make it again for Thanksgiving. It was absolutely incredible.

We have family coming in for Thanksgiving (Lisa's family) and I have friends from Seattle coming into OKC, so we'll go over there one day before Thanksgiving and see them and DH's mother. Already it feels like my week is crowded!
Old 11-18-2016, 03:02 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm up and ready for Day 4 of boot camp for the week. My mind tried to talk me out of it, but I'm soldiering on! I was shocked when I stepped on the scale this morning as it was up 3+ lbs. I sure hope that disappears as quickly as it came!

I, too, am interested in a typical day's menu for this LCHF eating plan. If any of you could share some ideas, that would be great. I know one of my problems is volume eating. I eat entirely too large servings. Really need to get a handle on that. Even if it is low carb, I don't need to eat a "pile" of it! I also eat too much cheese....specifically Swiss.

We are going to pick our 12 year old grandson up at school around Noon and then go pick up our son and we're all going to Annapolis Maryland. Our son is doing a half marathon tomorrow morning. I'm looking forward to a good seafood dinner tonight! While son runs tomorrow morning, I'll be sitting somewhere sipping coffee. Weather looks awesome for November, so I think it will be an enjoyable time.

Well, time to fly. I'll pop in later this weekend after we return home. Have a good one!
Old 11-18-2016, 01:00 PM   #99
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Lori - I was thinking about your appetite situation and that you said you needed to eat smaller portions. Judy and Sandy (on this site) told me about the fast5 19 hour fasting and 5 hour feeding idea. It is totally changing my appetite. I've only been doing it for a week and already I can not eat as much when it comes time to eat. You might want to consider this way of eating (dieting).

There is one thing though, and you other ladies weigh in here, I am not working outside my home so I don't have to deal with being hungry at work. You said you are 56 so you are possibly still working (not retired) and depending upon your work schedule fasting might not be possible. Honestly, if I was still working outside the home I don't think I could do this plan. Not because I get too hungry but because when it comes time to eat I eat a pretty hearty meal (time) and when I worked I didn't have the opportunity to do that. I also rest for about an hour after eating (read, catch the news etc) and I didn't have that opportunity when I worked either. Everyone's work situation is different. But I watched some youtube videos about intermittent fasting and they had all kinds of ways to do it such as only fasting two days a week, fasting every other day, just skipping a single meal each day etc.

So, just an idea but this seems to be working for me. Enjoy your weekend with your son!!!!

Judy, if you like pecan pie you will LOVE that pecan butter.
Old 11-19-2016, 04:24 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning from Annapolis!

We just dropped son off at the race site. We'll head back in a little while to see him finish the half marathon.

Thanks, Karen, for the suggestions. I am recently retired and trying to find my groove. I am familiar with the different types of fasting, including Fast 5. I found it easier to fast when I was working. Being home and near the kitchen makes it difficult for me. I just need to get my head in the game. When I tried Fast 5, I did an eating window of 1-6. Perhaps I'll try again.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 11-19-2016, 01:04 PM   #101
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Lori - It sounds like you already know about and have practiced Fast5. Good for you.

As far as being home and around the kitchen (thankfully that has not been a problem for me, my problem has been evening snacking) you might want to consider staying busy outside the home if it is in your budget (gas money, eating out etc). Find two or three places to volunteer so you have somewhere to go during your munchy times of the day. Other ideas are to go to the library to do your reading, go window shopping for a few hours each day. You'll get more steps in than being at home and you'll be away from the kitchen. Pack your snacks so you are not tempted by candy bars, Cinnabon's and things like that. If you don't already, learn to like black coffee and tea so if you are out visiting with friends for coffee gatherings you can have your beverage (0 calorie) and not mess with your calorie count. OR with a 1-6 fast5 window you can actually go to lunch with friends and eat without guilt. Also, take up hobbies that keep your hands busy like knitting, jigsaw puzzles, musical instrument, etc so you can't reach for food (messy hands and yarn or puzzle pieces don't fare well). Also, pick up the phone and call friends or start a list of the elderly shut-in's in your community and phone them. They would love the visit and while you are talking you won't be eating. Retirement is wonderful as long as your hips don't widen and your fanny doesn't grow beyond the chair. Hopefully something here is helpful!! Enjoy your trip home.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:06 PM   #102
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: Beer and pizza diet
Karen, did you get snow ? I don't know if that hit your area.

We had a scary thing today. DH accidentally dropped Lewis from a height of about 6'. I heard this thud and heard Lewis scream. DH was carrying him on his chest with one hand and he wiggled and fell. Poor baby laid there and was so stunned. I surveyed each extremity and while he didn't appear injured, I worried it was his baby head I heard whack. He was subdued for about an hour and took 2 hours to get back to normal. DH felt awful and held him for 2-3 hours while he took an nap. God help us get thru kittenhood!

My Avi is my horse Victor and me Heritage Park horse trials 5/16

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Hadel Briles
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 05:43 PM   #103
CarolynF

Well, little Lewis has 8 more lives left. Those kitties are very wiggly.
Glad he is okay. hugs.

Survived my 67th birthday. Back on plan. I picked up some Quest cereal bars at GNC.

Daughter Beth was in the FB video from Whole Foods. A KC blogger/low carb person made pumpkin cheesecake bars. They looked good. I'll post the recipe.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:50 PM   #104
DebbyL
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Oh my Cindy! So glad kitty's fine!
Old 11-19-2016, 08:13 PM   #105
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Cindy, that sounds so scary. Hopefully Lewis will be fine after all that extra cuddling.

Carolyn, Sounds like Beth is enjoying her new job!! Your birthday sounds like you had fun. How did your fermented carrots turn out?

Food can wait!
Old 11-19-2016, 08:32 PM   #106
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Cindy....awwwww, I'm the one who is not a cat lover but my little heart felt sick for your little guy. Years ago my kids had a cat (outside cat) that fell from our hayloft and he was quite stunned for a few days. He got lots of hugs, kisses, and warm milk from my kids. They still talk about the day that "Kitty" fell from the loft. I thought of Kitty as you told this story.

Happy Birthday Carolyn. Is Beth working at Whole Foods? Are the Quest Bars on your EFLW plan?

No we did not get any of that snow. On Friday I had to cancel a doctors appointment in Minneapolis (2 hours from my home) because the local weather guy said the "cities" (Minneapolis/St Paul) were supposed to get up to a foot of snow and blizzard conditions. I contacted a friend who lives up there and she said they only got high winds, no snow, but west of the cities got pounded. We had those high winds too, I'm glad we didn't get the snow because it would have certainly been a terrible blizzard. But it was 29 degrees today so winter coats and the furnace are on.

I'm not doing very well with 1000 calories, still in the 1300-1400 range but still keeping to my 5 hour window. My clothes don't feel any different which is a bummer!!! But I will be patient!!!
Old 11-20-2016, 04:41 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning!

Carolyn..Happy Belated Birthday!

Karen, you have inspired me to try Fast 5 once again. I will not beat myself up if I need to open my window early, I'll just do the best I can. I'll also stay with the LCHF plan during my eating window. I'm rereading Dr Herring's "Appetite Correction" book today for inspiration.

Cindy...I have to admit it took me a minute to remember that Lewis was a kitten. I was very scared there for a minute! I'm sure he'll be fine...they are tougher than they look.

Our quick trip to Annapolis was fun. We had the most awesome crab cakes for dinner on Friday night. Best ever. The breakfast at the hotel yesterday was not LCHF friendly, at all. I just sort of threw in the towel and vowed to get back on track today. Trying to fast until 1.....wish me luck.

Our son finished the half marathon in 2:08. He said it was the hardest course he has ever run, and he has run a lot! He said he'll do it again....we'll see.
As often happens when I go to a race, I have been inspired to start running again. Not sure it'll happen in the next couple months as I am not a fan of cold weather. I do have a treadmill, maybe I'll start trotting on that? Some friends and I are going to Boulder, Colorado in May of 2018 and doing the "Bolder Boulder" 10k race. I do need to start training at some point for that so I don't die!

Sorry for this rambling post. It's early and I've only had 1 cup of coffee.

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday!
Old 11-20-2016, 04:03 PM   #108
CarolynF

Hi ladies..

The Quest bars are low carb..I tried the Cereal ones this morning..100ish calories instead of the 200..My tummy was growling around 10:30..I had to go home between SS and church, so I grabbed a regular Quest bar on the way back to church.

Lori...I love Crab Cakes..alot. We have a church running group that is starting to do half marathons..Good for them and good for your son.

Beth is the Marketing and Community Relations person at the 3 Whole Foods in KCity..I got her connected with the LC gym lady who was sponsoring that LC information Day a while back. Christine M. (Jimmy's wife) said there were 200 people there. I think Whole Foods
donated some bags or something..Hopefully, they will get more involved next year. She had just started her job then.

How is Baby Lewis? He is our new mascot.

I knit a duck hat for Sarah's nephew. I'll post a picture when I get the eyes on. Still have a sweater to finish and my huge afghan project.

Doctor's appointment tomorrow...I know I have gained some weight since the last time.
But, my bladder is better (say that 3 times), my allergies are on the mend (to a degree), so
I have no complaints.

Hey, KU fans..How about that win yesterday??? Texas???? Wow..Kansas State made it to a Bowl and we will go if it is not too far away or too cold..

Sarah might be coming for Christmas Day since her family is doing Christmas a different time. Yikes..Guess I'll have to cook..Might get smart and do some brisket ahead of time although they all love Prime Rib...I'll have to start shopping for her..We usually get lots of
presents for the kids, so will have to ask her what she wants...I hate to have her just opening a Pioneer Woman Cookbook..

Hugs all around...

Old 11-20-2016, 07:26 PM   #109
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Hi Girls,

I tried the recipe listed below this weekend. I LOVE eggplant so this was a "must try" for me. It was very good and easy to make. I don't like hot sauce so I omitted it and threw in 3/4 cup chopped and sauted green peppers. I ate half of it on Friday and the other half warmed up nicely in the microwave today. Yummmmm, I'll definitely make this again. You low carbers might like it if you like eggplant.

1200 calories today and a weigh-in in the morning, we'll see!!!

Lori - I'm happy that you're giving fast5 another try. I'm still very inspired by it. I'm not snooping around the kitchen or pantry shelves anymore. When my window opens I am ready for food and I enjoy it. I don't do anything crazy like desserts, although I have had a couple cookies last week. But the difference is that I would have inhaled dozens of cookies last week had I not had the "closed window" policy in place. When my window closes I'm done for the day. My calories are definitely lower so hopefully in time my weight will come down.

Carolyn, your family plans sound lovely.

Blackened Eggplant Parmagiana (Lowcarb) Posted by TaDa on the Vegetarian Thread

12-16 oz eggplant (one nice sized eggplant)
1T olive oil
garlic salt
dried basil
A Cast Iron Frying Pan
.33 cup Tomato Puree (in can)
2 oz mozzarella
1T dry parmesan cheese
Frank's Hot Sauce

I ignore the old foodie way to prep eggplant. I never find it bitter AT ALL - so I dispense with the salt step.

What I do. Put 1T olive oil in cast iron frying pan. Slice up between 12 oz-16 oz of eggplant, then halve the slices into half-moons or quarters depending on how huge they are.

Throw them in the pan, stove on high. Sprinkle with garlic salt and dried basil. Let em cook a little bit, then flip over (do not worry about doing this evenly, getting the spices everywhere or anything like that. it does not make any difference in the end result, lol!). Now cover with a lid so they can steam while they cook.

Flip 'em over every time they smell like they are burning or whenever you remember (You are not frying them, but blackening them campfire-style roasty eggplant.). When they are soft - after a few minutes - turn them out onto a plate, throw on some pureed tomato, some grated parmesan cheese and some mozzarella (remember: you have already seasoned with the garlic salt and basil).

I then zap in the micro until the cheese melts (1min40secs in my micro). Liberally shake on the Frank's Hot Sauce (original) ... it is a very important ingredient giving both heat and a peppery flavor ..

And voila! Dinner! Now I eat a very big portion, so you may find you are just fine with 9-10 oz of the eggplant. I sometimes adjust the amount depending on how many carbs I did that day, and at one point was using even less tomato puree too for that reason.

The other day I was out of cheese and considered subbing in an ounce cream cheese and mixing it with the tomato puree .. I think that or ricotta would be nice too ...
Old 11-21-2016, 03:09 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning!

My first day of Fast 5 was a success. I opened my window at Noon and was finished eating for the day at about 5:15. I had intended to wait until 1 to eat, but I was VERY hungry. If I stretch my eating window to 6 hours, I don't think it's the end of the world. We'll see how today goes. I'm going to boot camp at 5:30, come home and shower and then have cup of coffee #2. I hope I don't get too starving hungry before Noon or 1. Boot camp usually kills my appetite pretty well.

Not much happening today. I have to get our spare bedroom ready for husband's brother to arrive this weekend. He'll be here a few days for hunting season. I'll be glad when that's over. I always worry that someone will get hurt. The guys get so excited and beside themselves about hunting season...I simply don't understand it.

I also have to figure out what to feed the husband for dinner the next couple nights. Sigh....I get so tired of thinking about it. We have a nice little meat market nearby that also has some prepared foods to make a quick dinner. I'll venture out into the cold and see what I can find.

Off to boot camp in a few minutes. I dread going out into the cold wind, but all I have to do is run in from the car.

Have a good Monday!
Old 11-21-2016, 08:22 AM   #111
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

I had another nice loss that showed up this morning so I'm right in the middle of my goal window. Now to face T-giving eyeball to eyeball and not let it win! I made it through last year with no gain and I was even pretty lenient with my eating and drinking that day. But then right back on my Fast 5 the next day and managed to avoid any damage.

Lori, a few minutes past the 5 hour window isn't going to really hurt you. A tip that works pretty well for me is when I just feel like I can't make it to my start time I drink a big glass of water and wait a few minutes and see if I was really hungry or just thirsty.

Karen, that recipe sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing.

Food can wait!
Old 11-21-2016, 09:10 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on the loss Sandy!

I'm not weighing myself until January 1 after a good 4-5 weeks on Fast 5. I have never given this plan a chance to work, and I'm determined to give it a good go!

I'm going to my sister's on Saturday, and she doesn't eat breakfast either, so should be able to stay on plan. We do enjoy an adult beverage or 2, but it will all happen within my window. One thing that will help is I always sleep in at my sister's. No getting up at 4:30!

I will miss my boot camp workouts, but her apartment complex has a nice gym and I downloaded some workouts on my phone and Kindle. Now to get myself to do them!

Later!
Old 11-21-2016, 11:32 AM   #113
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I somehow stopped getting notifications again! I think I might have deleted an email by mistake or something.
Anyway, I'm back!

Congrats on getting back where you want to be, Sandy! This WOE definitely allows more flexibility.

Karen, thanks for that recipe, it looks great!

Lori you're smart to wait to weigh. You're so dedicated to working out, I wonder if you really have as much to lose as you think you do? You certainly must have built a lot more muscle (which weighs more than fat).

Carolyn I wish I'd paid attention to see Beth on the Whole Foods FB stream. I'm excited they are more interested in that way of eating.

Cindy I hated to see the story about Lewis. How is he now? Poor baby.
And poor you all!

Speaking of poor babies, DH and I sat with very pregnant DD (due for c-section Dec. 5) and 3-yr-old Maddox while she decided to put down her 15-yr-old best friend pug. It was excruciating.

At the end, she left and we held Chester while they gave him the shots. I think he was already dying anyway. It was pretty sudden and turned out he apparently had a big tumor and would not get better. Gosh she has loved him nearly half her life. He was a great dog; a real gentleman.

Then the next day (yesterday) she had a diaper shower she had to rally for and she did great. Might have been a good thing to keep her mind off her loss.
The new baby will do that, too.

I think I already told you all her doctor told her to eat low carb for the rest of her pregnancy, so I made that cream cheese bundt cake, added lemon and blueberries and that's what we ate while the others ate a store-bought thing that I don't think would have tempted me even if I ate wheat! LOL

Confession: Just taking another one out of the oven. It made the house smell so good and I gave all the leftovers to DD - I'll share this one with my mom and sister.
It's Trim Healthy Mama's recipe.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:26 PM   #114
CarolynF

Yeah for the Fast-5ers!!

Drs appt went fine, but my red blood cells were a bit low, so I'll have to take a multi-vitamin with iron.

Poor Dd.. Chester is at peace now. Such a hard thing to do, but with a new baby on the way, it is best..hugs to her and her low carb diet.

Lori... you have self control not to weigh until Jan.

Karen...I love eggplant!! Thanks for the recipe.

Sandy, yeah for you!!!!!!!

How is our new baby Lewis?

Old 11-21-2016, 06:33 PM   #115
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

ok, I'm going to be the spoiler to all your happy posts. I weighed this morning and the needle did not budge an ounce after a successful week of fast5. I was hoping for at least another pound gone but no.....just right there where I was a week ago. All of you fast5-ers said it would take a few weeks to start seeing the pounds drop but I wonder why that is??? I'm cutting my calories by 500-800 calories each day so it just seems like the weight should go down. I'm depressed about it but will continue with optimism. hummmmmmmmmmmm..........

Judy, you'll have to share that cream cheese bundt cake recipe.

Lori....don't get discouraged from what I just wrote. I was warned that it takes a while for the body to get moving but I was just sure with reduced intake that the pounds would come off. At least I still have my 3 pound loss from the first week (but was really hoping the total would be 4 pounds )

Carolyn....So sorry for the loss of your dear family pet.

Sandy......
Old 11-21-2016, 07:17 PM   #116
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Trim Healthy Mamma (sp?) Cream Cheese Pound Cake

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 10 (20 if doubled) Calories: 186.5 Total Fat: 16.9 g ; Total Carbs: 8.6 g ; Dietary Fiber: 6.3 g ; Protein: 6.3 g ; Submitted by: THM_DEB

Ingredients
1 1/4 cup Almond Flour
4 Eggs
3.5 oz Cream Cheese
4 tbsp Butter
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Erythritol or other sugar substitute (Judy used 1/4 c Swerve or erythritol + 2 Tbsp. xylitol + 5 drops EZ Sweetz + 1 teeny scoop Stevia)

Directions
In mixing bowl mix with an electric mixer on high beat the butter with the sugar substitute until well mixed than add the cream cheese next add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla. Next add all the dry ingredients until well combined

In a well-grease cake or loaf pan bake @350 for 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown on top.

Serving Size: 10

- - - - - - -

I always add the zest and juice of a lemon and I always add frozen blueberries.
I also always double this recipe and put it in a Bundt pan.
We love this.

I always use more than 1 or 2 artificial sweeteners. That way we don't get any tummy upsets and no after-taste.

Karen I wonder if you'd try eating lower carb? It keeps me from eating too much or too often. The higher fat is really satisfying!

We have the kids and their kids to eat Wednesday night for various reasons.
Today I made a SECOND cream cheese pound cake, LOL, and I made the mashed cauliflower (added butter and cream cheese), and I made Jody's Pumpkin Bake with Crumbles (Carolyn I feel like the recipe for the crumbles is from you), and I made Carolyn Ketchum's (All Day I Dream About Food) Cheesy Skillet Bread.
Tomorrow I'll toast it really slowly and it'll be the "toasted bread" for my dressing!

Tomorrow I'll roast some turkey legs so I can get the juices for gravy and the meat for the dressing. I think I'll go ahead and make Keto Kristie's (sp?) pecan pie even though it's a day early. I'm sure it'll be fine.

And tomorrow I get my hair cut and colored.
NOTHING STANDS IN THE WAY OF GETTING MY HAIR CUT AND COLORED! Lol!
Old 11-21-2016, 07:18 PM   #117
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

It looks like our kids and the grandkids are actually going to be eaten Wednesday night.
I promise they will not be eaten.

They are too fast for us to catch.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:32 PM   #118
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Karen, please don't get discouraged! This WOE is very strange with the scale results. It's not like any other WOE I've ever done and believe me, I've done them all! That's one of the reasons I suggested finding a piece of clothing to keep trying on. You really do drop inches/fat off your body I think sometimes more quickly than that darn scale moves!

Lori, I would make the same suggestion to you about finding a piece of clothing to keep trying on as you do this plan. It's very rewarding. Especially when the scale doesn't say what you want it to.

Judy, you are so very faithful to always cook so healthy for yourself and your wonderful family. I wish I could follow your good example.

Carolyn, I hate to keep bugging you, but how were the fermented carrots????

Food can wait!
Old 11-21-2016, 07:50 PM   #119
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Sandy for being so encouraging. Actually, I think my clothes do feel better but it just seems like I have so far to go. I'll keep my head in the game and keep going. Do you eat low carb like the others on the thread?

Judy...when I think of low carb I think of meat, eggs and cheese. I don't really know what other things to eat except those things and I do not enjoy meat so it is a struggle for me to get more than 2 oz of meat each day. I would rather eat 6 eggs each day than to eat meat but even that gets old after about 5 days. I have been forcing myself to eat some meat & eggs and a little cheese a few days a week. Mostly I've had deviled eggs for the protein. I keep trying to figure out what you low carbers are eating but none of you really share typical days foods. Would you be willing to do that? Your bundt cake sounds good!!! I will try that, and I love almond flour but do you eat only 1 piece each day or what? Again, eating low carb is a mystery for me. Thanks for the recipe. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:13 PM   #120
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Judy....Are the following items considered low carb enough?

Shake mix - Fat 3 g, Carb 17 g, Protein 12 g, cals 130

Bar - Fat 10 g, Carb 20 g, Protein 7 g, cals 180

Almond Milk - Fat 2.5 g, Carb 1 g, Protein 1 g, cals 30

I usually have one shake each day made with almond milk. With the fast5 I don't usually have time to eat the bar. I'm wondering if I had two shakes and two bars each day with a couple eggs if that would be considered low carb enough? I think I could do that every other day and be satisfied if you think the carbs are low enough.

Thanks!!!!