Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-28-2016, 07:43 PM   #151
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
Carolyn I might actually do some cookie freezing this year, too.
I bought a cheap vacuum/sealer thingie at Aldi a couple of weeks ago and I really love it.
I think I'll be able to freeze things without that freezer smell.

Although DH reminded me I pledged to freeze fewer things after we lost power a few months ago.... But Christmas cookies don't count!

Happy birthday, Gary!

My Instant Pot arrived today! But my mom told me I had to take it to her house and she'll wrap it and put it under the tree. DARN! I'll probably forget about it by then. LOL

Sandy I kind of know your Christmas shopping feeling. DD and I went to about 7 stores to return things. She had a big "to-do" list before she has her c-section in a week. She is mostly uncomfortable, but it was a fun day just driving and talking and doing a little walking here and there. Maddox and DH did a couple of their own errands and we all met for lunch.

I finally vaccum-sealed the remainder of our turkey. I might use it in a casserole sometime soon. I made 18 little pizza crusts for DD yesterday. She sort of wants to hide them from her DH. LOL
DH and I each had a leftover piece of the Jody's Pumpkin Bake that had been topped with Carolyn's crumble recipe. Boy that keeps well.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2016, 02:33 PM   #152
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

About 14 church ladies drove to Pawhuska today..again...Actually did some Christmas shopping, ate a tiny thing at the bakery and ate lunch..A real steak salad..

I know about the freezer smell...But, I always pack each type of cookie in a separate container. I should start early..I should...

Sandy...yeah for you...losing over an ounce during the holiday is amazing.

No decorations up yet..Must get our real tree soon..Maybe tomorrow and let it sit for
a day or two.

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:35 PM   #153
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I think my freezer problem is that I leave stuff in there so long, it gets ice crystals and then gets freezer burn and I wonder why I saved it. The vacuum sealer deal will save me, but I really need to be more mindful of looking for eating ideas starting with the freezer.

Going to a movie about the Mullendores with my mom this evening. They were a ranching family known by our family.

Haven't eaten yet today. I'll have a little something around 5 so I can take vitamins.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:16 PM   #154
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
Carolyn, your comment made me laugh out loud!! I'll have to aim for 2 ounces this week!

Good for all of you who still put up a tree and decorations. I pretty much quit doing it when my grandkids all got older and now the little 'grands' aren't really here that much so still no tree for us.

I'm trying to only eat food that I already have on hand until we leave. I have quite a bit of meat in my freezer that I need to use up. I really think I'm going to start shopping daily for our meals like the Europeans. I end up wasting so much food buying it a week at a time. It seems like some weeks we hardly even eat at home.

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:40 PM   #155
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, Sandy! 2 ounces this week!! You can do it!!!

I hear you about wasting food and it really galls me when I do that.
I keep a huge number of pantry items and a few frozen already-cooked foods.
Some frozen vegetables. When the big storm blew through this last summer and we lost power I knew I couldn't keep every single morsel as I had been doing.

I think my Instant Pot might make me go back on my fewer frozen foods promise.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:22 AM   #156
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Still Karen
Stats: 173 starting weight
WOE: Fast5, calorie counting
Start Date: November 8, 2016
Hello Ladies

So sorry, I've had a weird week or so and have not posted. I just caught up on reading your posts and I can see that I missed so much. I'm happy that Carolyn got her water back, shopping got done before Judy's grandbaby arrives, and Sandy's funny 1.3 OUNCE loss. I hope all your estrogen problems got worked out (we ladies do have our female problems don't we), Sandy I imagine you are finishing packing or are in Texas by now.... I'm sure I missed more but it was pleasant to read about your days.

I do cookie baking as holiday gifts too and always make them a couple recipes at a time starting in December (about 16 recipes) and store them in tins in my freezer. Then when the last batch is baked I pull all the cookies out of the freezer and repack the tins with a variety of all the cookies. It's a job, a fun job, and my family, friends, and husbands' work group looks forward to them every year. I don't ever have trouble with the freezer smell/taste and I always end up with 2-3 tins that stay in the freezer through about March. I like having a few tins in the freezer through the winter to bring out when we have company or to give as a gift or to give when someone has a funeral.

All of our family lives out of state (600 miles away) so our holidays are usually just us. I don't over cook, I do a small turkey, green bean casserole, an orange salad, and a pumpkin pie. So the feasting day fit right into my Fast5 plan. We had lunch and a 5 p.m. supper and I was done and totally satisfied. I LOVE THIS NEW WAY OF EATING!!!! Thanks again Judy!!!

I've made a couple decisions about the WOE for me. I just can't do all the meat eating and I've decided to do as Sandy does and just eat within my window and quit fretting about it. I eat healthy foods (veggies, fruits, nuts, sprouted breads, eggs, veggie protein burgers) and I am convinced that my weight gain problem is the bad snacking habit I got into by nibbling on crackers and cookies through out the day. I'm finally past that nasty habit and while I would love to see the pounds melt off quickly (they won't anymore) I believe that in time I will slowly lose the weight. I can tell from my clothes that I'm slimming a little and I just will have to stick to it. Actually as time has gone on I'm starting to switch my brain over to accepting this as a way of life and not as a diet plan. One of you said that to me earlier this month and I just wasn't ready to accept that but now I'm getting comfortable with that little growl in my tummy, we've become friends again ) and I don't really feel deprived anymore. So whaaahoooo it seems that my brain has caught up with my desire to adopt this new way of eating.

So starting with the December posting I'm going to stop explaining my food confusion and simply enjoy all of you as new friends. I love how you post about your day to day activities and getting to know you has been such fun.

So thanks again for sharing fast5. I think I've found my groove. I'm trusting that December of 2017 will find me 20-30 pounds lighter and I think simply being a part of this group will be the "conversation" I need to keep from inviting food to be my friend.

Where did Lori go????? How are you doing, Lori??

And now, I'm going to go enjoy lunch Have a blessed day!!!
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:47 AM   #157
CarolynF

I want to see the Mullendores, too...We have heard so much about their story..Let me know
who did the murder...The ranch hand was in a nursing home in our town.

It is chilly but sunny as I am sure it is where you all are...I need to make some M and M cookies for the Coffeyville choir that will be singing next week..I'll freeze them..Then I cheated and bought some of the Pillsbury refrigerated cookie squares to just bake to add
to their treat bags. I need to chew some gum while I am putting the M and M's on..

Karen...This whole weight loss thing is a journey and involves tweaking at every turn..You will do great, I'm sure.

No grandkids here...Maybe if Brett gets married, I'll have a couple.

Better start baking..I have a brunch tomorrow morning, so I just got that big thing
of red grapefruit/no sugar added, and cans of fruit, some berries and some dried cranberries to add to it. DONE..It needs a note so Gary won't eat it.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:16 PM   #158
CarolynF

December name??? Just a thought.. SANTA BABY CHALLENGE FOR DECEMBER..

I love that song and we have Judy has a baby coming...? Thoughts???

Old 11-30-2016, 12:42 PM   #159
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Karen, I bet that way of eating will suit you just fine.
Even though I eat low carb, that's exactly how it affected me - it made me stop all the mindless eating throughout the day.
When you DO eat, you're so full you can't imagine snacking again.

Thank Sandy - she let us know she was back to her teenage weight after Fast-5ing. LOL
I reluctantly discovered she was right about being hungry passing.

Carolyn I love that name for December - very cute!!

That video about the Mullendore murder was kind of awful. It appeared to actually be a series of just homemade videos. The author and maker of the film was really selling his book, which I totally understand.
This was shown at the Tulsa Historical Society and sold out both 7 PM and 7:30 PM screenings.

It was inartfully done, difficult to hear - lots of background noise (think of old home movies and how unclear and sometimes muffled the voices were).

But I'll spoil it for you - the ranch hand confesses on tape he committed the murder.
The case has never been "solved", but I think he's telling the truth. He said it before he died 2 weeks later. Yes, this is the guy who was in an Independence nursing home. He died at age 59, I think. The author said he was a despicable character.

I'm sure modern forensics would have proven him guilty - this is more than 40 years ago, I guess. I think it was September 1970. I forgot they had 300,000 acres and were so rich, of course you would have known that name.

Karen, even if the weight doesn't melt off quickly and you lose a pound or 2 here and there, think how much better that is than gaining! Especially during these big eating holidays. It's been a lifesaver for me.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:16 PM   #160
CarolynF

Thanks, Judy..I thought the "ranch hand" did it..I do think it was a promotion for the author for sure. Was he only 59? and he did "it" because of money?? Can't remember..

I think they have a big party each year at the ranch..Outlaws and something else..It is a fund raising..I think maybe Cowhands..

Oh..I was eating some grapefruit as I prepared the salad tomorrow..Owie..My tummy hurts.
So, taking antacids..I have a very tender tummy..LOL..

I can't wait for you to go to the Merc, Judy..No Saturday shopping, though...

Well, I printed a recipe for the cookies..and now my dough has to sit in the fridge for 2 hours..Gosh...

I'll start the thread, although I am NOT ready for December.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:23 PM   #161
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Thanks, Judy..I thought the "ranch hand" did it..I do think it was a promotion for the author for sure. Was he only 59? and he did "it" because of money?? Can't remember..

I think they have a big party each year at the ranch..Outlaws and something else..It is a fund raising..I think maybe Cowhands..

Oh..I was eating some grapefruit as I prepared the salad tomorrow..Owie..My tummy hurts.
So, taking antacids..I have a very tender tummy..LOL..

I can't wait for you to go to the Merc, Judy..No Saturday shopping, though...

Well, I printed a recipe for the cookies..and now my dough has to sit in the fridge for 2 hours..Gosh...
I think we would have had to buy this guy's book to know why he did it. It was surely well planned, though. Chub had his brother-in-law shoot him in the arm for part of his alibi. Sheesh.

Sorry about grapefruit tummy!!! I can relate. I am a tender tummy, too.

Cute picture of you all on FB. Was it manageable because it was not on a Saturday? I'm excited to go, but it will be after Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I'll start the thread, although I am NOT ready for December.
That makes 2 of us, sister.
It's too soon!
Old 11-30-2016, 04:57 PM   #162
CarolynF

Gee, Chub. what a jerk...

it was manageable because it was during the week and we got there at 9:30. Then it started picking up. The lunch line was very long at 12 pm. Definitely avoid a Saturday if you can. I think Monday is a quieter day.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:51 PM   #163
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Karen, so nice to see you here again. I was worried you'd gotten lost. And yes, I wish Lori would check in too!

And hey, where's Buffy!!???? I see her still posting on FB but I sure miss her here on our little home thread. I've been kind of staying off FB lately. It just sucks up SO much time!!!

Well we have to finalize our finishes and upgrades next Thursday. Then I'm going to put it out of my mind, enjoy our winter trip and look forward to just move in and enjoy what I chose next fall! I promise I'm not going to change my mind once I place the order. I know somebody who moved into the other location in town who changed her mind 4 times!!! I'd be NUTS!!!

Grapefruit sounds yummy!! I hope they have some nice ripe ones in Texas. 26 days to go!!

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:52 PM   #164
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Come join us here:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=885317