Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-08-2016, 07:01 AM   #61
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Still Karen
Stats: 173 starting weight, now 168
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 15, 2017
Hi, I'm starting Stillman today and really need the encouragement of a group. May I join with you? I did Stillman QLW diet years ago and it was great for taking off pounds fast. I do have trouble sticking to the all protein so I remember when I originally had the book that there were modifications of the diet that included a couple servings of vegetables per day. I'm going to try that method choosing to add green beans and broccoli a couple times as I need to keep from feeling weak.

I'm from Minnesota in the United States. I'm 59 and weigh 173. My goal is to get back to around 140 lbs. My first goal is 160 lbs. My weight was always good until I turned 50 then it has just slowly gotten out of control. I need to make this change.

I plan to post 2-3 times each day, at least in the beginning, to keep my head in the game. ~~~ Thank you!
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2016, 07:24 AM   #62
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StillTheOne
Happy Tuesday !
(((( hello slim! ))))

I am ready for any weightloss challenge ! I am feeling optimistic as slim posted I do not want to keep saying it , I want to just do it right and feel better about myself . Every year before christmas/new years I make excuses then January comes and before I know it it's March and I start getting depressed . I want to reach my goal by then or at least be close How about you all are you ready ? I am not saying to skip the Christmas/New year celebrations . Let's be more mindful this season . I enjoyed halloween and I am back on and not digging a deeper hole to get out of in January !
We got this !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:39 AM   #63
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Just had one egg and have a few more boiling on the stove to have ready as hard boiled eggs. I also have my chicken breast and a small piece of beef ribeye steak thawing for later today. I'm a bit of an iced tea freak so I made a few trays of iced tea ice cubes to chew on throughout the day.

I'm ready to do this thing, stay committed and encourage others to do the same.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:42 AM   #64
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Today's menu I am making cod fish , I have great results with it so far . Yesterday was a rib eye steak and I am down another lb.

What is on your menu for today ?
Old 11-08-2016, 08:24 AM   #65
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Hey there Still the One, How do you fix your Cod? I have fish to fix but I really hate it. The calories are super low for fish so I know it would be good to figure out how to fix it so it tastes good.
Old 11-08-2016, 10:06 AM   #66
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Karen View Post
Hey there Still the One, How do you fix your Cod? I have fish to fix but I really hate it. The calories are super low for fish so I know it would be good to figure out how to fix it so it tastes good.
Karen, Right the calories are low for cod and I use Evo a light drizzle and a sprinkle of garlic powder and parsley as well as paprika, comes out delicious everytime and the scale is kind the next day oh, and lemon just a bit !

Last edited by StillTheOne; 11-08-2016 at 10:07 AM..
Old 11-08-2016, 10:42 AM   #67
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Still the One.

I just had my small piece of beef ribeye and about 3/4 cup of green beans. Doing well so far.
Old 11-08-2016, 03:55 PM   #68
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Successful day here. Couldn't get the fit board going and got three different readings from my electronic scales... Not happy with any of them! Nearly bought some Weight Watchers scales from my local chemist but they were cheap and flimsy so I can't see them giving a better reading than the ones I have... There's a difference of up to 5lbs and a bit so not accurate at all. Ugh, need to sort fit board or get some very decent scales tomorrow so I can log my losses.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 04:58 PM   #69
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

I completed my first successful day......yeahhhhhhhhhh!!!
Old 11-08-2016, 11:00 PM   #70
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsagirltodo View Post
I got new scales at the weekend, I didn't like them one little bit lmao
which did you buy? I've been told to buy some Tanita scales...Advice from a female body builder...
Old 11-08-2016, 11:00 PM   #71
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yay you!
Old 11-08-2016, 11:14 PM   #72
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi, I'm starting Stillman today and really need the encouragement of a group. May I join with you? I did Stillman QLW diet years ago and it was great for taking off pounds fast. I do have trouble sticking to the all protein so I remember when I originally had the book that there were modifications of the diet that included a couple servings of vegetables per day. I'm going to try that method choosing to add green beans and broccoli a couple times as I need to keep from feeling weak.

I'm from Minnesota in the United States. I'm 59 and weigh 173. My goal is to get back to around 140 lbs. My first goal is 160 lbs. My weight was always good until I turned 50 then it has just slowly gotten out of control. I need to make this change.

I plan to post 2-3 times each day, at least in the beginning, to keep my head in the game. ~~~ Thank you!
Forgot to say I have the book and there are different diets in there. QWL does not include veg BUT you will still lose well with a couple of servings a day. I've modified QWL also... It was written so long ago and hasn't been updated. I allow things like 0 carb noodles and SF almond milk for my protein shakes... I reckon the good doctor would have added these things if he was still around... If the macros fit I go with it... Theres a guy on YouTube who lost a ridiculous amount of weight doing an all protein diet. I'll have to find it... He lost something like 20lbs in two weeks!! A lot of that was water but hey! He's a bodybuilder and a lot of body builders use protein diets to strip fat.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:24 PM   #73
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

I'm seriously considering starting an AD. I suffer from extreme fatigue and there are some doctors that believe it could be depression related. My life has changed so much in the last 5 years. Everything is an effort, I sometimes can't get up and even checking in here is too much. This is so far from the person I once was. I've been prescribed Setraline which I think is Zoloft but I take them a few days and then chicken out. I'm sh*t scared of putting on any more weight and of possibly walking around like a space cadet but I have no real quality of life. Anyone have experience of these or other AD's?

Last edited by makemeslim; 11-08-2016 at 11:26 PM..
Old 11-09-2016, 12:15 AM   #74
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
now on to day 2 woo!
Old 11-09-2016, 12:35 AM   #75
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I'm seriously considering starting an AD. I suffer from extreme fatigue and there are some doctors that believe it could be depression related. My life has changed so much in the last 5 years. Everything is an effort, I sometimes can't get up and even checking in here is too much. This is so far from the person I once was. I've been prescribed Setraline which I think is Zoloft but I take them a few days and then chicken out. I'm sh*t scared of putting on any more weight and of possibly walking around like a space cadet but I have no real quality of life. Anyone have experience of these or other AD's?
I never had a prescription for AD although I get bouts of depression not enough to find troublesome .. I was depressed for a few days after my friend had died I then focused on her life not her death and how I was lucky to have her friendship ..

Slim, make sure to ask your doctor for another opinion sometimes it can be anxiety not depression in that case you may need a different prescription.
I hope you feel better , and if you need an AD make sure you mention to your doctor that you are concerned with some AD side effects that cause weight gain , they have some AD that work and do not cause those nasty side effects .

With my age 51 years old I suffer from weird wake ups and can't fall back to sleep .. I could use a sleeping pill however, I never thought it was necessary. I am thinking I may need them .

Feel better Slim
Old 11-09-2016, 02:23 AM   #76
whatsagirltodo
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: whatsagirltodo
Stats: 200/195.8/154
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Nov 2016
I took ADs for post natal depression 2 years ago and put on 35lbs+ hence I'm here. I knew i was going to put on weight as Prozac is the only ones that works for me but piles on the weight. I had taken others after previous pregnancies and never put on weight but the ADs didn't work as well as the Prozac did. The rest of my weight I put on was through sheer gluttony the last six months comfort eating.
Another thing to bear in mind is that I was on a combined pill since I was 17yo and was always tired, moody, down in the dumps etc but 3 months ago I was changed to the mini pill and I can say with all honesty I feel better than I have in my entire adult life. I'm not exhausted all the time like before and I'm so nonchalant about things I usually would have made a big deal about before.
It's maddening to think BC hormones affected by life in such a negative way and it took me 15years to figure it out.
whatsagirltodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 02:27 AM   #77
whatsagirltodo
Junior LCF Member

Hi Karen and welcome
I lost 0.6lbs yesterday and considering I had a sneaky takeaway that hubby brought home is fantastic. He doesn't know I'm 'dieting' so I had a bit of chicken and a few chips and left it at that. I want to surprise him in a killer dress at Christmas Other than that I had some fish 'soup' and grilles chicken I hope everyone has a great Wednesday x
Old 11-09-2016, 07:29 AM   #78
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsagirltodo View Post
I took ADs for post natal depression 2 years ago and put on 35lbs+ hence I'm here. I knew i was going to put on weight as Prozac is the only ones that works for me but piles on the weight. I had taken others after previous pregnancies and never put on weight but the ADs didn't work as well as the Prozac did. The rest of my weight I put on was through sheer gluttony the last six months comfort eating.
Another thing to bear in mind is that I was on a combined pill since I was 17yo and was always tired, moody, down in the dumps etc but 3 months ago I was changed to the mini pill and I can say with all honesty I feel better than I have in my entire adult life. I'm not exhausted all the time like before and I'm so nonchalant about things I usually would have made a big deal about before.
It's maddening to think BC hormones affected by life in such a negative way and it took me 15years to figure it out.

I have issues too with my hormones they throw me for loop each month, I still get the same pms I had as a young woman. I am approaching 52 years old . I have found that eating low carb and losing weight is beneficial for my well being . I hope you find this diet helps you as well
Old 11-09-2016, 07:56 AM   #79
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Still sitting at 190.6 today.
5 pounds to go to hit my low weight.
10.6 pounds until a mani/pedi
20.6 Pounds until new gym attire.
30.6 pounds until I apply for my passport.

Just going to keep pushing forward to achieve the goals I have set in place. Does anyone else use rewards for mini goals? If so, what are some of yours?
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 08:34 AM   #80
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Happy Wednesday!
Tonight is cod fillets for dinner this time with low carb cream sauce.
I am going to focus on once a week weigh ins . I am going to do some at home yoga positions I found on Pinterest . I will treat myself to a few yoga pants etc as soon as I reach the loss of 10 lbs.

Let's think positive ! we got this !
Old 11-09-2016, 08:41 AM   #81
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Kal , my favourite mini goals are clothes in the smaller size . I would go shopping and buy a new outfit or 2 . I am due for one! I need to stay focused . Good luck on reaching your goals .. You will have that passport someday soon !!
Old 11-09-2016, 09:09 AM   #82
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

It's a yucky rainy day here I feel like making chicken soup, I will make the cod as planned and reheat from the fridge for tomorrow's dinner .
Old 11-09-2016, 11:36 AM   #83
joanne88
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joanne88
Stats: 234/216/123 - 5'3"
Start Date: 7/26/17
Success today! Down to 214... and I went shopping on Saturday and fit well into size 16 pants, so that feels good. I thought my clothes were feeling loser! I'm so glad I found this message board, because I finally found a diet where I lose more than 1 pound in a week. When you are short and weigh over 200 pounds trying your darndest it sucks to lose that slowly! Anyways, thanks for the support. Can't wait to see where I will be by Thanksgiving. Wish I would have found this months ago.
joanne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 01:14 PM   #84
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne88 View Post
Success today! Down to 214... and I went shopping on Saturday and fit well into size 16 pants, so that feels good. I thought my clothes were feeling loser! I'm so glad I found this message board, because I finally found a diet where I lose more than 1 pound in a week. When you are short and weigh over 200 pounds trying your darndest it sucks to lose that slowly! Anyways, thanks for the support. Can't wait to see where I will be by Thanksgiving. Wish I would have found this months ago.
Joanne, that's wonderful !
I am glad you found low carb friends, this is a very supportive group we have here. I also can't wait to see where you will be at by Thanksgiving! Good luck to you !

Last edited by StillTheOne; 11-09-2016 at 01:16 PM..
Old 11-09-2016, 01:25 PM   #85
whatsagirltodo
Junior LCF Member

Well done Joanne Today went well, have 4 lean bacon rashers and 2 lots of grilled chicken. Ordered lots of new clothes today online and can't wait till they come. They won't fit just yet I'd say but the week after maybe
Old 11-09-2016, 02:11 PM   #86
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
Start Date: March 2016
Been very busy the last 2 days but I am sticking to my plan. Yesterday was another one of my planned meals off so I am not going to weigh for a couple days but I was back to plan today and I am doing well! Will catch up later! Hope everyone is having a great day!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 02:30 PM   #87
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/123/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) 2-1-2016 IF
Quote:

Hey welcome, I do Stillmans from time to time to drop some weight quick. I am in MN also. Whereabouts are you?
Old 11-09-2016, 07:09 PM   #88
Peace
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Peace
Hi Everyone

I am dropping by because I would like to lose some weight I have recently gained by high fat with high protein. I just need to get my body back to normal, so this always helps in many ways. I hope you dont mind but I am going to join for about 2 weeks? Maybe less or more, we will see.

I fasted since last night until 8 and had chicken breast for dinner.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 07:58 PM   #89
joanne88
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joanne88
Stats: 234/216/123 - 5'3"
Start Date: 7/26/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Hi Everyone

I am dropping by because I would like to lose some weight I have recently gained by high fat with high protein. I just need to get my body back to normal, so this always helps in many ways. I hope you dont mind but I am going to join for about 2 weeks? Maybe less or more, we will see.

I fasted since last night until 8 and had chicken breast for dinner.
That's a big reason I joined. I was doing a "whole food" (21 day fix)diet for 4 week, lost 5 pounds then switched more traditional keto style diet for two weeks: high fat, moderate protein, low carb. I was still losing at the same rate. Out of desperation trying to find an answer as to what was wrong with me (because so many people effortlessly lose weight on a keto and because I'm obese I felt I should too) I found this site and started stillmans last Tuesday!

I haven't been perfect, but drastically cutting down on my fat intake in addition to low carbs was the answer and on the days I have done well I have lost about a pound each day! I didn't have a huge water loss - 4 pounds in the first 3 days which I am attributing to already low carbing. So far 6 pounds in 8 days which I am happy with. I told my husband it would be worth it for me as long as I lost at least 2 pounds a week after the first week. It looks promising so far! Good luck!
joanne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:19 AM   #90
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Happy Thursday !
Yesterday's chicken soup was fantastic . I have cod fish for tonight . I peeked at the scale (I am working on that too )
I have 7 lbs to get to where I started . This is my occurring role I reach my first goal then I go off plan, gain and restart . After new years it should get easier to lose and keep it off .