Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-10-2016, 01:25 PM   #91
whatsagirltodo
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: whatsagirltodo
Stats: 200/195.8/154
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Nov 2016
Lol Still I'm the same. Think you going great so have a fee days off, that becomes a week or more and your right back at the start of the last goal again or perish the thought,worse.
whatsagirltodo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2016, 03:39 PM   #92
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsagirltodo View Post
Lol Still I'm the same. Think you going great so have a fee days off, that becomes a week or more and your right back at the start of the last goal again or perish the thought,worse.
Whatsagirltodo, I have good news even though I gain with my off plans . I make sure to restart and I am hopeful that this time next year I will be weighing less .
My highest weight was 197lbs it's been years that I kept it off and although, I did not reach my final goal well, I managed to stay in the 150lbs yo-yoing but not in the 160's however, last year at this time of the year I was in the 160's yo-yoing . I will never be a bikini babe I don't care at 51 years old! I just want to reach a healthy weight for my height someday in 120s would be nice
It's definitely doable just keep coming here and you will succeed
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:53 PM   #93
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Still Karen
Stats: 173 starting weight, now 168
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 15, 2017
Hi Deanslist & everyone else.

Thanks for welcoming me. Deanslist, I'm from Byron, MN, near Rochester about 90 minutes south of the cities. Nice to meet you.

Actually, I'm not doing very well with Stillman and I'm switching to a different diet plan. I am not much of a meat eater and after two days of chicken breast and beef....we'll I'm not happy. The diet does work, I know that from years ago, but you have to enjoy meats. So goodluck to all of you. I've found another group here on these boards that are doing more veggies and things so I'm going to hang with them for support.

You all have a wonderful time and goodluck with all your weight loss goals. Thanks for letting me hangout for this short amount of time.
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:49 AM   #94
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Happy Friday !

Today I am feeling lazy . I will do my yoga tonight .

Chicken is on the menu, I have some soup left too . I will do much reading and relaxing today .
I will be much busy soon enough with Thanksgiving approaching .

I hope you all have a great on day plan
Old 11-11-2016, 07:55 AM   #95
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Karen View Post

Thanks for welcoming me. Deanslist, I'm from Byron, MN, near Rochester about 90 minutes south of the cities. Nice to meet you.

Actually, I'm not doing very well with Stillman and I'm switching to a different diet plan. I am not much of a meat eater and after two days of chicken breast and beef....we'll I'm not happy. The diet does work, I know that from years ago, but you have to enjoy meats. So goodluck to all of you. I've found another group here on these boards that are doing more veggies and things so I'm going to hang with them for support.

You all have a wonderful time and goodluck with all your weight loss goals. Thanks for letting me hangout for this short amount of time.
Still Karen, I am glad you found the right support with the diet you are following . I know how difficult strict stillmans QWL can be. I mix things up with adding some low carb veggies and fruits and oat bran like dukan meals adding some dairy and still lose , just not as quickly . Keep us posted with your progress and good luck !
Old 11-11-2016, 11:09 AM   #96
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
I never had a prescription for AD although I get bouts of depression not enough to find troublesome .. I was depressed for a few days after my friend had died I then focused on her life not her death and how I was lucky to have her friendship ..

Slim, make sure to ask your doctor for another opinion sometimes it can be anxiety not depression in that case you may need a different prescription.
I hope you feel better , and if you need an AD make sure you mention to your doctor that you are concerned with some AD side effects that cause weight gain , they have some AD that work and do not cause those nasty side effects .

With my age 51 years old I suffer from weird wake ups and can't fall back to sleep .. I could use a sleeping pill however, I never thought it was necessary. I am thinking I may need them .

Feel better Slim
Thanks Slim... Anxiety is more my thing actually! I really don't seem to be getting a break health wise... I'm constantly ill. The docs think I have something called Costochondritis which is very painful but not life threatening. I've been in so much pain, I worry it's something else. I've had some bloods done today and go back Monday to work out the next step. I had a chest X-Ray and it came back clear which is good but the pain in my chest and back is unbearable at times. I've been put on strong painkillers, they take the edge off but that's it. I had a real bad night last night.. I'm 46 and I also wake up in the night. When you say strange, what do you mean? For me, I'll wake at say 2.30 and not start feeling tired until around 5.30 which is not good when you want to wake up at 6!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 11:24 AM   #97
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I took ADs for post natal depression 2 years ago and put on 35lbs+ hence I'm here. I knew i was going to put on weight as Prozac is the only ones that works for me but piles on the weight. I had taken others after previous pregnancies and never put on weight but the ADs didn't work as well as the Prozac did. The rest of my weight I put on was through sheer gluttony the last six months comfort eating.
Another thing to bear in mind is that I was on a combined pill since I was 17yo and was always tired, moody, down in the dumps etc but 3 months ago I was changed to the mini pill and I can say with all honesty I feel better than I have in my entire adult life. I'm not exhausted all the time like before and I'm so nonchalant about things I usually would have made a big deal about before.
It's maddening to think BC hormones affected by life in such a negative way and it took me 15years to figure it out.
It's that right there that puts me off! I'm so scared of putting on more weight than I already have! Maybe I'm best to lose some weight first BC I really can't handle being any bigger than I am. If I did I'd possibly start getting into lose skin territory and I don't want to add any more problems or reasons to feel horrible about myself. I'm honestly suffering and need to try one but I'll do it once my weight goes down a bit. I've actually never taken the pill but I guess that doesn't mean my fatigue can't be hormone based! I've had thyroid checked but I'm going to ask my doctor about hormone levels and see what she thinks. Thanks What'sagirl. 15 years is a long time to suffer and not know what's wrong only to find there was a simple answer. Thank God you found out! I keep hoping that my problems will have a simple anser but for now, a lot of what I suffer with is a mystery or are illnesses that are a bit mysterious like ME, fibro etc. It stinks! I was told I had text book Lupus not long ago but then my tests came back negative. The consultants were convinced! The not know is hard!
Old 11-11-2016, 11:25 AM   #98
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Karen and welcome
I lost 0.6lbs yesterday and considering I had a sneaky takeaway that hubby brought home is fantastic. He doesn't know I'm 'dieting' so I had a bit of chicken and a few chips and left it at that. I want to surprise him in a killer dress at Christmas Other than that I had some fish 'soup' and grilles chicken I hope everyone has a great Wednesday x
Oh that's a nice thing to do and good inspiration. What sort of dress are you going for?
Old 11-11-2016, 11:28 AM   #99
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post
Still sitting at 190.6 today.
5 pounds to go to hit my low weight.
10.6 pounds until a mani/pedi
20.6 Pounds until new gym attire.
30.6 pounds until I apply for my passport.

Just going to keep pushing forward to achieve the goals I have set in place. Does anyone else use rewards for mini goals? If so, what are some of yours?
I got myself a bag not too long ago. I Maybe I should set myself some new goals and treats? I'm getting real anxious about Xmas, it's coming so fast! You are doing really well Kal! Keep up the good work!
Old 11-11-2016, 11:39 AM   #100
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Happy Wednesday!
Tonight is cod fillets for dinner this time with low carb cream sauce.
I am going to focus on once a week weigh ins . I am going to do some at home yoga positions I found on Pinterest . I will treat myself to a few yoga pants etc as soon as I reach the loss of 10 lbs.

Let's think positive ! we got this !
Happy Friday. I still don't have any decent working scales and I've not decided on which ones to order as yet. I prefer the fit board, I might just see about getting it fixed or buying another. If anyone wants to start a weigh in thread before me, please do so. No need to wait for me, I will join as soon as I've sorted my scale problem! It's really frustrating. I think I'm down 4lbs but its hard to be precise with my crappy floor scales. Those who want to join the weigh in thread, which day do you want to weigh? I could set a page up for Monday weigh ins if people want to do Monday's? That will give me the push I need to sort the scales out or at least go to the chemist and weigh in.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:42 AM   #101
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne88 View Post
Success today! Down to 214... and I went shopping on Saturday and fit well into size 16 pants, so that feels good. I thought my clothes were feeling loser! I'm so glad I found this message board, because I finally found a diet where I lose more than 1 pound in a week. When you are short and weigh over 200 pounds trying your darndest it sucks to lose that slowly! Anyways, thanks for the support. Can't wait to see where I will be by Thanksgiving. Wish I would have found this months ago.
Well done Joanne! That's great news! keep it up!
Old 11-11-2016, 11:44 AM   #102
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Been very busy the last 2 days but I am sticking to my plan. Yesterday was another one of my planned meals off so I am not going to weigh for a couple days but I was back to plan today and I am doing well! Will catch up later! Hope everyone is having a great day!
Hi Mar!
Old 11-11-2016, 11:47 AM   #103
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Hi Everyone

I am dropping by because I would like to lose some weight I have recently gained by high fat with high protein. I just need to get my body back to normal, so this always helps in many ways. I hope you dont mind but I am going to join for about 2 weeks? Maybe less or more, we will see.

I fasted since last night until 8 and had chicken breast for dinner.
Peace!! Why would we mind?! How are you? That's the thing with high fat, the protein needs to be low... Never mind, I'm sure it will drop off soon!
Old 11-11-2016, 11:57 AM   #104
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Happy Thursday !
Yesterday's chicken soup was fantastic . I have cod fish for tonight . I peeked at the scale (I am working on that too )
I have 7 lbs to get to where I started . This is my occurring role I reach my first goal then I go off plan, gain and restart . After new years it should get easier to lose and keep it off .
Sounds like my role too!
Old 11-11-2016, 11:59 AM   #105
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Karen View Post

Good luck! Drop by and let us know how you are doing.
Old 11-11-2016, 12:00 PM   #106
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Happy Friday !

Today I am feeling lazy . I will do my yoga tonight .

Chicken is on the menu, I have some soup left too . I will do much reading and relaxing today .
I will be much busy soon enough with Thanksgiving approaching .

I hope you all have a great on day plan
Hope you enjoyed your day much.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:24 AM   #107
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Did I scare everyone off?! ��
Old 11-13-2016, 08:31 AM   #108
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Did I scare everyone off?! ��

Hi slim , I'm checking in . It is slow on LCF / stillmans where did everyone go ?

I went out yesterday with the girls and going on double date today well, I had a good time last night and drank a lot of wine and carb foods.
Later today should be interesting not going to restart till Monday and the count down begins till turkey day .
My new plan is to go strict QWL for the 10 days so I better enjoy today

Yesterday was so much fun & I love reggae music also a nice mixture of people there too !

I am going to read through some posts I missed.
Old 11-13-2016, 08:52 AM   #109
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Thanks Slim... Anxiety is more my thing actually! I really don't seem to be getting a break health wise... I'm constantly ill. The docs think I have something called Costochondritis which is very painful but not life threatening. I've been in so much pain, I worry it's something else. I've had some bloods done today and go back Monday to work out the next step. I had a chest X-Ray and it came back clear which is good but the pain in my chest and back is unbearable at times. I've been put on strong painkillers, they take the edge off but that's it. I had a real bad night last night.. I'm 46 and I also wake up in the night. When you say strange, what do you mean? For me, I'll wake at say 2.30 and not start feeling tired until around 5.30 which is not good when you want to wake up at 6!
I can understand somewhat the costochondritis symptoms , I wasn't diagnosed with costocondritis however, I had bronchitis and coughing repeatedly made my breast bone tender and uneasy . In time I felt better . I hope you feel better too!
Anti anxiety pills will relax you and make it easier for your body to heal .

On restless nights I cannot shut the brain off .. it is strange that the mind is still going and my body is over exhausted .. I am so tired I can't sleep ( strange ) I hope to remedy that on my next doctors visit. I believe it's hormones

With much wine I drank last night I slept like a baby .. a good baby
Old 11-13-2016, 07:37 PM   #110
joanne88
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joanne88
Stats: 234/218/123 - 5'3"
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 10/31/16
Well I had my first cheat day today I'm a little frustrated with myself. I hate to admit since day 4 i have been doing stillmans half heartedly. The crazy thing is that despite that I have still lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks! Never had that great of results when I gave 110% on any other diet, so it's nice to know I can hit my goals even if I'm not perfect - which I'm not!

We had a potluck at my church and it was all downhill after that. I certainly did not overeat and have been drinking lots of water, so I'm hoping that my mess up will help more than hinder because I have seen many with success like that! I'm planning on doing strict stillmans from here on out until thanksgiving, and will be happy if I lose just 5 more pounds. I'm hopefully going to get back into the full swing of workouts this week, tried to last week but had so much crazy stuff come up that I only got 2 days in.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement, it really means a lot to have some strong positivity!
joanne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:09 AM   #111
whatsagirltodo
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: whatsagirltodo
Stats: 200/195.8/154
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Nov 2016
Still here, Saturday was a disaster diet wise but got right back on track yesterday. Have a manic week coming up but I'll pop in and out. I hope everyone has a great week
whatsagirltodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:08 AM   #112
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Friday thru Sunday was terrible for my diet. My scale jumped up. I know most is water weight but wow. I typically do really well over the weekend but I have no idea what happened.back at it today.
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 01:19 PM   #113
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday !

Back on plan ! 10 days I can do this day 1 is almost done .

Busy day taking my lil doggie to the vet office a clean bill of health for the pooch. Then I took her out shopping not a good idea she must of felt a bit wonky after her shots , she couldn't care for the peanut butter treats , I promptly took her home and cuddled

Tonight early to bed , too tired from this past weekend . I am getting too old for those late nights

I made chicken and ate half , I am going to do eggs for a few days . Eggs usually get me into keto rather quickly

I hope you all had a smooth restart
Old 11-14-2016, 03:09 PM   #114
icandoit
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/189.8/150 Female 5’ 7'
Hello everyone! I’m back and with a gain, ugh! I bought the 48 hr hollywood diet drink. I am supposed to lose 10 pounds in that time. I will weigh in tomorrow and see how much i lost. I doubt i will lose 10 pounds though! Bing time is over because I’m seeing family on Thanksgiving and i will now they will be looking at me.
icandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 06:53 AM   #115
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Happy Tuesday !
Day 2 here we go !

I have left over chicken breast for today and then some eggs if I feel like it .

I woke up to a kind scale and I think most of my gain was from the wine so it didn't stick .

Everyone I know that does low carb says the minute they add junk carbs to their diet they would get bloated rather quickly , I sure did , however on a good note, one good low carb day and it goes away.

The weather is chilly and my annuals are all wilted & dying their last delicate blooms looked so sad this morning , now it's time for the pre winter clean up of the backyard which will make it look even more bare and dismal .

This week is the count down to a neat & tidy home for my Thanksgiving guests .

I hope you all did well on your restart and if you are not restarting and stayed on well then awesome !!!! I truly admire your determination
Old 11-15-2016, 02:53 PM   #116
Peace
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Peace
Thanks so much Make me slim... yeah, that is the issue, I started thinking high fat with high protein can work. NOPE.

I gotta tone it down a notch.

I am better today though, I am drinking tons of water and eating lean protein for about a week to get this weight off. I might increase the fat after that, but not going too high unless I am able to manage the protein. Right now, protein is filling me up so I gotta go with it.

I do think too much protein can be bad and hard on the body though... you know? or maybe that is all in my head
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 04:44 AM   #117
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
so i weighed to see the damaged from binge weekend...about 4 pounds are still hanging around. So there's where I'm sitting now. I know if I keep on track then those will go away. Made a detailed plan from the day after thanksgiving to the new year. So I just have to look at the calendar. Doing a squat challenge in conjunction with my workout schedule then I have a selection of meal plans to choose from.
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 05:26 AM   #118
joanne88
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joanne88
Stats: 234/218/123 - 5'3"
Start Date: 10/31/16
I am so excited this morning! Down another couple pounds since last time I checked in. Eight pounds total since starting stillmans 15 days ago. I am loving this diet! I have never lost weight this effortlessly before and even after my cheat day I didn't gain it all back, it was actually less than a pound!

We have a family group we meet with on Wednesdays and we are meeting tonight, and we are having a pot luck style dinner. I'm going to eat something before we go just in case there's nothing for me to eat and hopefully I don't succumb to the temptation! Good luck to everyone!
joanne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:53 AM   #119
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Happy Wednesday !
I have 7 days left , this is how I am losing/maintaining during the holiday season . Come January I hope to do better .

Yesterday, I finished up the chicken breast and also made scrambled eggs.
Today's menu: I feel like making the egg drop soup recipe from the recipe sticky , it's a bit chilly and I can use a bit of comforting soup .

I have last minute shopping to do for Thanksgiving also I want to check out the nearby garden centers , I have a few ideas thanks to Pinterest on how to DIY winter garden ideas with evergreens like cypress etc.

Lastly, I have yet to yoga I must get off my bum reading through kal's post and her plans is a good reminder that exercise is just as important as diet . My yoga pants are yelling at me to get moving

I hope you all have a great stilly/low carb day!
Old 11-17-2016, 06:22 AM   #120
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Happy Thursday !

Yesterday I had a minor slip up not too bad . I kept it low carb though which is good .

While out shopping I ran into a friend of mine and we went for coffee and I had mine with cream , then we decided to do lunch and I ordered a small chef salad with ranch dressing . I figured I would skip dinner however, I got munchy at night and had a sf strawberry yoghurt before bed. This morning the scale was the same . I plan on making egg drop soup today or perhaps I shouldn't plan?

Tonight yoga not yoghurt! I will do my best

I hope you're all hanging in there like champions