Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-17-2016, 01:11 PM   #121
Nuts
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nuts
stillman

Hi stills people.I am 50 yrs old female and need to lose 20lbs due to overeating and being greedy.I love meat and fish and eggs so this should be easy.I hope you can encourage me in this.I am like Peace ,if I eat too lean meat I am hungry and if I add fat I gain weight.What do I do?Does it get better with hunger after a few days?
Do you recommend IF?
Is there a limit to eggs per day?
Could someone post a day of meals please and the quantity,as I feel I will over eat the lean protein.
Thanks for your support
Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2016, 05:05 AM   #122
joanne88
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joanne88
Stats: 234/218/123 - 5'3"
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 10/31/16
Ok, so despite my efforts I seem to have gained a little over a pounds in the last couple days. I felt super bloated yesterday evening. I've been drinking over 80 oz of water daily too!

Late in the evening I used the restroom and as I was washing my hands I got a pain and was thinking "eww cramps". Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, my TOM! With the birth control I am on I don't have periods, but get bloated and have some spotting once a month, but it's kind of sporadic. They have always been short before bc, like 3 days, so I'm hoping the effects won't last long, but this is my foray one since starting stillmans. So my question is: does anyone else have negative effects with their TOM and how long should I expect the bloat and have any of you experienced a whoosh afterwards?
joanne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:06 AM   #123
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StillTheOne
Happy Friday !

Hi nuts welcome ! I understand your concern . I hope I may be of help . I can honestly say I can only tolerate 4 eggs a day .
I have IF and that puts me into keto and I feel less hungry after 4 days . Strict QWL no dairy the same 4 days less hunger then some high energy .

Lean cuts of meat, poultry and fish/seafood I usually prepare 8 ounces as a serving hmmm... maybe I will estimate 24 ounces of lean protein a day .

Everyones metabolism is unique and mine happens to work fine with higher fats like rib eye steak and bacon , I switch things up higher fat/ lower fat days, as for dairy that's iffy I can stall with it sometimes and I then eliminate it from my diet . I am far from being perfect on this diet , I keep on though and knowing it works makes it easy to get back on plan.

On another matter, TOM I am still getting my menses at almost 52 years old regular each month . I will be more than happy to tell you that I get that whoosh after TOM is over . If you read through previous posts about the "whoosh" you may lose 3 or up to 4lbs of bloat water weight at the end of your cycle

I hope you all have a great weekend !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 10:21 AM   #124
Peace
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Peace
Hi ladies

This group is seriously one of the nicest. For real. I always feel like you get it!

Joanne- right there with you. I was a mess and had cramps and thought what is going on.. bam, period. I went off plan and had ghee and some fatty meat. I do think my body needs some fat sometimes becuase I was very malnourished without it for a while.

However, I am def not going to go crazy on fat again. I gain instantly. I know it. Stillmans always makes me lose... initially. I love eating lean protein and always feel good with it most of the time.

Nuts--- HI! I understand the dilemma. I struggle with this as well. But, I just try and breathe and go back to what I know my body likes and feels best with, despite what everyone else says about fat/protein. The only thing I do know is that I am better with the minimal amount of carbs and regulating my fat. This keeps me small in general. i would like to lose 10 lbs soon and it will happen on stillmans and you all support.

Still... how are you? I love turkey bacon, but it does make me gain if I eat too much of it. I try to limit myself. I dont think the high fat keto plan will work for me despite what everyone says about it.

I think eating should feel comfortable with who we are as a person, too. I try to take a holistic approach. If I could just afford high quality fish for every meal I would.

Chicken... well, I tried the rotisserie and I think that messed me up big time. Plus, never ever dairy. I always try ghee or grassfed butter and then I am miserable, bloated and mad that I went down that road.

sorry for the rambling.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:06 PM   #125
Nuts
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nuts
Stillman

Still the one
Thank you so much for the detailed information .i really appreciate
It ,my problem is that I'm always hungry but this time I will give it at least a week to see if my hunger calms down or not.
Peace ,I think you are my twin sister as I've got exactly the same dilemmas as you ,I've followed you for a while and have the same struggles.
Thank you all lovely people for your support.i don't have access to internet so often and that's why my inputs are not as often as I want them to be .but I really appreciate being a part of your group.today I checked my weight and it was depressing so I'm doing a fat /egg fast .and then if it gives good results I will continue for a few days before starting on stillman .
Does anyone know if 2%cottage cheese is ok to eat on stillman and if yes how much ?

Thanks again for welcoming me
Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:56 PM   #126
joanne88
Junior LCF Member

Thanks ladies! You gave me a huge sigh of relief And I know what you mean about fat in the diet, peace! I can handle a little bit and still lose, but I switched from a keto lchf diet because I kept stalling! I'm learning you just have to find out what works best for you and am learning to not take weight loss advice from people who are just "concerned about your health". Just eating healthy whole foods and exercising more doesn't work for everyone and I am one of those people it doesn't work for! Thanks for all the support!
Old 11-21-2016, 06:49 AM   #127
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday !

I had a stomach bug over the weekend that left me painfully exhausted .. every inch of my body was aching, although no fever.. I rested as much as I could .
I am feeling much better today and will resume my clear fluids for a few days . I couldn't even tolerate white basmati rice or toast just awful I say .

I hope that you all are feeling well
Old 11-21-2016, 06:55 AM   #128
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuts View Post
Still the one
Thank you so much for the detailed information .i really appreciate
It ,my problem is that I'm always hungry but this time I will give it at least a week to see if my hunger calms down or not.
Peace ,I think you are my twin sister as I've got exactly the same dilemmas as you ,I've followed you for a while and have the same struggles.
Thank you all lovely people for your support.i don't have access to internet so often and that's why my inputs are not as often as I want them to be .but I really appreciate being a part of your group.today I checked my weight and it was depressing so I'm doing a fat /egg fast .and then if it gives good results I will continue for a few days before starting on stillman .
Does anyone know if 2%cottage cheese is ok to eat on stillman and if yes how much ?

Thanks again for welcoming me
You're welcome ! How did your fat/egg fast go ?
2% cottage cheese is fine . How much I would eat 1/4 cup 2 x a day for example a side for my lunch and another with supper . I would say 1/2 cup. I hope that was helpful . Let me know how you're doing
Old 11-21-2016, 07:05 AM   #129
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne88 View Post
Thanks ladies! You gave me a huge sigh of relief And I know what you mean about fat in the diet, peace! I can handle a little bit and still lose, but I switched from a keto lchf diet because I kept stalling! I'm learning you just have to find out what works best for you and am learning to not take weight loss advice from people who are just "concerned about your health". Just eating healthy whole foods and exercising more doesn't work for everyone and I am one of those people it doesn't work for! Thanks for all the support!
Joanne, how are you feeling ? Let us know if that "whoosh" came about . I agree not all diets are one size fits all . I take it in one ear and out the other, if not I wouldn't be doing QWL. I never hear positives from most of my friends or relatives about stillmans ( no veggies at all diet? !?!) look here I am though because it works for me
Old 11-21-2016, 10:17 AM   #130
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Still chilling. Been maintaining. Prepping for thanksgiving. Need to keep a handle on it. Starting Nov 25 starts a mini egg fast then Dec 1 starts my one month hardcore diet and workout so excited for that.
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:24 AM   #131
joanne88
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Joanne, how are you feeling ? Let us know if that "whoosh" came about . I agree not all diets are one size fits all . I take it in one ear and out the other, if not I wouldn't be doing QWL. I never hear positives from most of my friends or relatives about stillmans ( no veggies at all diet? !?!) look here I am though because it works for me
Hey sorry I want here for a few days, I was still eating mostly right but by yesterday my scale was up almost 2 pounds from the new low I had hit a few days ago. I was getting frustrated then I got on the scales this morning down 3 pounds So I'm at another new low. Hoping to continue losing weight this week since last week was basically a wash. Either way, I'm 3 weeks in and down 9 pounds and that's great for me! I'm feeling so much better. I will post a pic on thanksgiving for a before and after. Though I'm nowhere near done I am excited to share my progress! Hoping to hop back on the wagon when I get back after thanksgiving and reach 199 by the end of the year! I'm planning on following a keto style diet while visiting the family this weekend, except I will be having a cheat day thanksgiving. I have noticed that even my cheat days have not been binge days and that's huge for me! As long as I can keep my mindset and not throw caution to the wind I'm hoping I will be golden and just maintain over the weekend.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:30 AM   #132
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats joanne!nice loss!

Goals:
Old 11-22-2016, 05:38 AM   #133
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Still sitting pretty in the low 190s. My birthday is in 2 month guys... Idk how I plan to celebrate my birthday yet but I need to stop drop some weight for a dress I ordered a month ago.it was backordered so it just came in. Ugh it's pretty but I'm kinda feeling like a stuffed sausage in it currently.

Goals:
Old 11-22-2016, 09:14 PM   #134
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne88 View Post
Hey sorry I want here for a few days, I was still eating mostly right but by yesterday my scale was up almost 2 pounds from the new low I had hit a few days ago. I was getting frustrated then I got on the scales this morning down 3 pounds So I'm at another new low. Hoping to continue losing weight this week since last week was basically a wash. Either way, I'm 3 weeks in and down 9 pounds and that's great for me! I'm feeling so much better. I will post a pic on thanksgiving for a before and after. Though I'm nowhere near done I am excited to share my progress! Hoping to hop back on the wagon when I get back after thanksgiving and reach 199 by the end of the year! I'm planning on following a keto style diet while visiting the family this weekend, except I will be having a cheat day thanksgiving. I have noticed that even my cheat days have not been binge days and that's huge for me! As long as I can keep my mindset and not throw caution to the wind I'm hoping I will be golden and just maintain over the weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post
Still sitting pretty in the low 190s. My birthday is in 2 month guys... Idk how I plan to celebrate my birthday yet but I need to stop drop some weight for a dress I ordered a month ago.it was backordered so it just came in. Ugh it's pretty but I'm kinda feeling like a stuffed sausage in it currently.
fantastic Joanne !!! You are doing great and don't worry about the scale it always is fluctuating! best bet is to see how loose your clothes feel on you

Kal .. no no the only sausage is in stuffing .. you my dear are lovely and will be just perfect for your birthday in your dress . Don't be so hard on yourself , You got this !

I hope everyone is feeling their best .. I am ok not perfect and I'm not weighing in until after thanksgiving .. I want to enjoy time with family and friends and not worry about the scale . I will be back on plan again to fit into a nice Christmas day dress I bought myself a sweater today because I did fine and will do better ( I hope )

Mar, mim, slim, BrattyS, Leanne and many more if your ears are ringing it is me thinking of you all be well
Old 11-26-2016, 06:33 AM   #135
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

well I must of enjoyed too much sweet potatoes ( "Don't avoid the scale and wear a size bigger pants or sweats" that was me talking out loud this morning) well , well those marshmallows melted so sweetly on top get me every year !!

I need to reboot and shape up quickly .. I have cheese and hard italian salamis to finish , I will eat over the weekend .
I am considering egg fast diet for next week Monday . I have to get out of this sugar coma

I love my lil journal here I find it helpful through the good and bad now let's have some more good !
Old 11-27-2016, 09:48 AM   #136
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

I am happy to report 2lbs less today , I say better down than up I am having turkey leftovers , no sides .
I know it will take a few days to feel like my low carb self again

I hope all is well with everyone !
Old 11-27-2016, 07:57 PM   #137
joanne88
Junior LCF Member

I totally blew it this weekend! I don't feel like I really over ate, but I had way too many carbs! I had no control over the food that was provided, so I just aimed to not over eat. My sister I was staying with does not own scales either, so until the morning I wont know what the damage is! I'm all bloated but my clothes were still fitting well all weekend, so hopefully whatever water weight I have gained will be gone in a few days. My goal is to get down to 199 by the end of the year. I did meet my goal of losing 10 pounds by thanksgiving so that's a success!

My hubby also told me that his family was asking if I had lost weight. which is funny cause I'm the same weight I was last time I saw them. My sister and friend said the same thing! Maybe all my working out paid off! Back to the grind tomorrow!
Old 11-27-2016, 08:11 PM   #138
joanne88
Junior LCF Member

Here is an updated picture: my highest weight of 234 back in 2010 or 2011, and me at 210 on thanksgiving 3 days ago

Old 11-29-2016, 09:06 AM   #139
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Great job Joanne! Looking great.

I didn't gain anything over the holiday so yay! Just a mini update.

Goals:
Old 11-29-2016, 08:34 PM   #140
joanne88
Junior LCF Member

Thanks! I gained 5 pounds, yikes! Didn't do great today or yesterday though. I got sick while I was away and am on antibiotics still. Feeling pretty lousy still, unfortunately. I got a crazy bad headache today and I thought it might have been from lack of carbs, since I had obviously gotten myself out of ketosis I have to go through all that grossness again. I guess everyone is busy with holiday stuff and that's why there is lack of posting ? I'm still sticking around and hoping to get fully back on the wagon soon. 🎵Just keep swimming🎵
Old 11-29-2016, 11:54 PM   #141
Scarlet_Belle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Scarlet_Belle
Stats: 203/163/135 (5'2.5" tall)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 2016
Hi everyone, long time lurker here, and I'm just starting. Weighing in at 188.8 today. Grrrr. I'm officially starting Stillman's tomorrow and I'm going to eat only chicken breast for 2 weeks, or as long as I can!!!! Once in a while I might have scrambled eggs or turkey burgers. I'm doing an experiment to see if I can actually lose weight on Stills, or if my thyroid is totally screwed up.

I wasn't perfect today. I had a can of tuna with mustard, 2 hot dogs, 2 slices of deli turkey, a chicken breast (cut in 2 and ate at 2 different meals), a small salad, and a leftover potato from thanksgiving. I also got a bloody nose. yippee.

Last edited by Scarlet_Belle; 11-29-2016 at 11:56 PM..
Scarlet_Belle is offline   Reply With Quote