Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 12-04-2016, 02:08 PM   #31
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/157/145
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Baby Milo!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Cindy got a new kitty baby, Leonard. Leonard and Lewis love each other.

Sunday School went fine. Nursery was fine, too... no blood was shed

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #32
Lori_:)
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 223/174/160(?)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/1/13
Dinner report......Tenderloin was awesome!! I rubbed it with olive oil & garlic and salt & pepper, seared it on each side and into a 425 degree oven. Took it out when it was just over 140 degrees internal temp. The very center of the roast was a bit too rare, but the ends were perfect. I just put the very center section back into the oven for 10 minutes or so. Best beef I've had since having a Filet Mignon in a restaurant. Yum!

Old 12-04-2016, 04:10 PM   #33
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Still Karen
Stats: 173 starting weight, now 168
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 15, 2017
Oh Judy, you must be so excited for tomorrow to come to see that new little sweet baby. I'll whisper a prayer for your daughter and sweet baby. It's hard to get birthed!!!

I did 900 calories today, am totally satisfied, and so happy because with the lower calories the fat has to eventually move. I don't know that my brain will ever stop counting calories, I've done it for so long that it is like breathing. The five hour window is definitely changing my eating habits and that gives me such hope.

I just saw a thing on the weather channel that said that Oklahoma City is one of our major earthquake areas. From your conversations it sounds like Carolyn and Judy might live close to there. Have you experienced quakes? eeeks!

Oh my gosh did I ever burn a calorie last night!!!!! I was sitting in a chair by the fireplace having a discussion with my husband and son when a HUGE black spider ran over the mantle and on the back side of a lace runner on the mantle. My son and I saw it at the same time except he got a really good look and said "oh my gosh that thing is huge". I can't tell you how much I am freaked out by spiders. Thankfully we rarely have them in the house. So of coarse we all jumped up and the two men took control while I stood in the next room about ready to pee my pants. So there was a rush for a fly swatter and a shoe then ready, aim, fire and my husband missed the thing and Lord only knows where it flew to. We had flashlights out checking every little corner, under furniture you name it. My heart was beating so fast for a while. It still hasn't shown its creepy self so we are hoping as it got swatted that the force of it threw it into a concussion so hard that it laid down somewhere and died. I have this magnet in my philosophy corner of the side of my refrigerator that says: I'm a nonviolent person until I see a spider. Then I turn into Al Capone, and "I want him DEAD! I want his family DEAD! I want his house burned to the GROUND!" ......so if there are any positives I think I burned a few extra calories.

Lori...good bargains and good luck with that tenderloin. I wouldn't have a clue. Keep your 5 hour window and after about 3 weeks it seems that your mind and belly get totally happy with the decreased calories. Go Lori Go!!

What was your text, subject, (verses) for your lesson, Carolyn. I love bible study!!!

And yeahhhhhhhhhh....we got two inches of snow last night. There is hope in sight for the north country.
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 04:13 PM   #34
CarolynF

Lori.... sounds amazing.

PBS just had Dr. Mercola on a special and he talked about IF. He has a 3/8/3 plan. Don't eat for 3 hours after you get up, then you have an 8 hour window, then don't eat 3 hours before you go to bed....

Think we are heading to the Texas Bowl after Christmas. It isnin Houston. Brett has a big project to do, so he might not get to go. I told Dh not to buy the cheap seats way up near the top.

Oh my, on the spider. I'm not afraid of spiders at all, but snakes give me heart palpitations.
The lesson was the 23-24 Chapter of Joshua when he gives his farewell speech.

We will continue to eat the pie, but I'll take my crust off.

This was a lazzzy day. We are hosting 24 people at church/12 kids and 12 adults. No big food prep as they are bringing that Stouffers lasagne and having ice cream for dessert. Dh can help clean.

Last edited by CarolynF; 12-04-2016 at 04:18 PM..
Old 12-04-2016, 08:22 PM   #35
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
Wow Lori - that sounds fantastic!!!!
Congrats.
Still a mystery to me....LOL

Little Maddox made a pallet on the floor by my side of the bed. He was invited to sleep in the bed, but he's been sleeping on a pallet at home, too. (I have no idea.... ) But when he's out, he's out, so I'm checking email and listening to Eloise the brat pug be the queen of the bed, snoring. I might leave this light on in the office which is just off our master bedroom. He won't wonder where he is if he wakes up.

Karen, glad you got your snow! Sorry it drove that giant spider in!
If it's as big as you say, it definitely needs to be stunned into death!
I'm kind of jealous of your magnet - sounds hilarious.
I am not so afraid of spiders, but that magnet sounds entertaining.

Carolyn, glad Sunday School went well - I was thinking of you.
I must say I giggled when I learned no blood was shed.

C-section scheduled for 9AM tomorrow. We can't wait to meet him!
Old 12-05-2016, 05:28 AM   #36
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
Praying for a safe delivery for mom and baby this morning. I bet Maddox is so excited!!!

I don't like spiders either!! Especially one that disappears without me knowing if it's dead or not. Yikes!!

I love beef tenderloin. I would've taken that rare center cut. My whole family loves rare beef, except my DIL and she can at least stand it a little pink now after 25+ years in our family.

DH goes back to his knee surgeon today for a yearly checkup and x-ray to make sure all is still well. Hard to believe it's been that long already, but he had it done Oct 6 and it was last Dec when he was released by the surgeon. Then he started thinking about the shoulder. Now his other shoulder is bothering him. I told him no more joint replacements at least until we get moved, if at all possible!!! But of course if the pain gets so bad he can't manage that's what he'll have to do. Poor guy totally wore his body out working so hard his whole life in construction. I con't think a lot of people realize what a toll that takes on a body.

Three weeks from today, if the weather cooperates, we'll be heading south!!!! I can't wait! It should be a very fun adventure and you all know how I love an adventure!

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:34 AM   #37
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I can't believe it's been a year, either! He had some awfully good help getting better, friend.
At least your both still young and if he needs the other shoulder done, he'll have a nice long time to enjoy NOT being in pain. You all have earned this nice toner in your lives.

We should have baby Milo but haven't heard yet. Doc was ready 30 minutes early so it's been an hour. I'm not sure Maddox grasps the concept yet. But we are sure having fun with him!
Old 12-05-2016, 10:45 AM   #38
CarolynF

Come on, Baby Milo..I'm sure he is born by now..How fun..Little Maddox will enjoy his brother, I'm sure.

Sandy..His shoulder replacement wasn't as bad as his knee replacement, was it? Yes, if he can hang on and take tumeric, it would be better after your fall move..

We had ladies bring snacks to Bible Study this am..LOTS of sugary things. My friend brought cheese sticks and ham..Of course, I had some sugary things.. So need to let the sugar
dissolve in my system...

Our group is like us...They would rather just enjoy life than force ourselves to do stuff..Of course, they still do lots of stuff..

Tree is still naked..Maybe tomorrow..

Old 12-05-2016, 04:49 PM   #39
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

I'm shocked. I'm chiming in at 6:30 p.m. and still no posting from Judy about the new baby. I hope nothing is wrong. Probably everyone is doing the holding the baby thing, lots of bedside visitors, run out and get some take out food, Maddox needs walking and taken home for a bath.......then after 18 grueling hours Judy will pop in here with a one liner. "He's born and I'm too tired to tell you about it. " At least I hope that is how their day is going.

I'm baking cookies for husband's office party tomorrow. Mexican Wedding Cakes and Lemon Bars. I'm in my "window" so I'm not eating them although I did have a cookie's worth of dough......got to have that raw dough. I tell you though, the Fast5 is saving me from eating about 1000 calories tonight.

Sandy, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's painful limbs. I suffer from chronic back pain from a car accident that happened in my 20's. I've had back pain since then but it wasn't disabling. It's just been in the last 10 years that it has gotten really bad and the last 5 have been absolutely terrible. I spent most of this year doing Radiofrequency which is where they burn the nerves in the spine area. Not fun. I just started using a Quell electric pulse pain stimulater in the last week to see if I can get any relief from it. So far nothing too noticeable but it is worth a try. High levels of pain are terrible. I reach times when I really have to mentally fight to not let my mind go to very dark places so I know the agony. I hope he finds relief somewhere and hopefully the warm weather in Texas will feel good. Warm always feels better to me than the cold.

Worked in the office today and I hope to work on my quilt tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:14 PM   #40
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Karen, so sorry about your ongoing pain. My DS is going to have the nerves in his back burned this Wednesday. I pray, pray, pray he gets some relief. He's suffered so much and is unable to work at all at this point. He's 45. He injured his shoulder on the job 2.5 years ago and then during physical therapy, after 2 shoulder surgeries, his back was injured. Work comp denied the back claim so he's pretty much on his own now to try to get it taken care of. Hopefully he'll be able to go back to work at some point but I'm not very hopeful after all he's gone through.

Yes, I'm also surprised we haven't heard from Judy. I haven't checked FB today though, so she might've posted news there.

Good for you on resisting those cookies!!! WTG Girl!!!

Food can wait!
Old 12-05-2016, 07:10 PM   #41
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Ah, Sandy. I'm so sorry to hear about your DS's pain problems too. And at age 45. Thankfully I made it to 55 before having to give up working. The Radiofrequency isn't too bad if that is what he is having. I was mildly sedated then they use needles to enter each disc area and turn on the electrical charge. Only once did I ever feel the electricity and it was more shocking than painful but I somewhat cried out and it quit. I don't know if it was just done or if the doctor turned it down. I had a total of 10 sessions about one every three weeks for about 8 months and steroid injections at other appointments. My upper back pain is successfully gone with the Radiofrequency but my lower regions, in my seat and pelvic area, are still very painful and the Radiofrequency did not work there. My doctor is puzzled but said that some pain just can't be removed. So....I hope your son's treatment(s) help because 45 is way too young to have that much pain. I had a lot of pain at age 45 but it was manageable and was more like back fatigue. My husband would give me a good back rub and I would lay on my heating pad and it would be better by morning. Now it's just pain 24/7 and often in that 7-8 range on the pain scale, not fun. It has totally changed my life. I used to be active, fun, always the person who said yes to things. Now I'm pretty much a hermit in my home downing Tylenol and trying to just get the house chores done. I don't do narcotics, that is a slippery slope to manage. I keep wondering what the next 10 years will be like. I'm not sure I want to be here if this is the quality of life I get. All I can say is that life was so much more fun when I didn't live with pain. My best to your family, and thanks for sharing. It makes me feel like I'm not so alone but I hate it that others are experiencing pain also.

I'll let you know how the Quell treatment goes, I've only had it a few days. If you haven't heard of it you can google Quell and you will find it. It's a band you wear on your upper calf with electrodes.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:25 PM   #42
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I'm so sorry!!! You all are such true friends and I'm so sorry I haven't checked in yet!

Baby Milo is perfect. We went to the hospital twice today. Second time was the charm. DD is about 1/2 American Indian. Maddox came out blonde Andis still sandy blonde. I think we may have our little Indian baby this time. Maddox's friend from school and his wonderful mother met us at the hospital the 2nd time and Maddox really warmed up to his brother.

Both times we were there, baby Milo worked and worked at opening his eyes and looking at his brother Maddox. Everyone very well.

Love to all of you!
Old 12-06-2016, 01:41 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning!

Congratulations Judy! Glad all is well with the new baby. How exciting!

I spent a tiring day tramping around the mall yesterday. After doing boot camp in the morning, walking all over the mall etc, I was a tired pup last night. I did pick up a few items, so it was worth it.

Sorry about those experiencing chronic pain. I cannot imagine living with that...my heart goes out to you. They can do amazing things these days with pain management, but sometimes even that is not enough.

I'm off to boot camp again this morning, then it's home to strip the bed and do some laundry. I'm not sure what else I'll get into today. That walk in closet still needs my attention.

Hope you all have a good day!
Old 12-06-2016, 05:14 AM   #44
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Ummmmm...closets needing my attention: FOUR
Office needing my attention: 1
Bedroom where we've begun throwing things: 1

Ugh.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:10 AM   #45
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations Judy and family!!! How fun and exciting to have a new baby in the family. Enjoy!!! (and I know you will) So glad your daughter and baby are safe and well.

Boot camp......Lori, I am soooooooooo jealous. I just ordered an exercise program for chronic pain people from PBS. Hopefully it will be helpful. I used to be so active but anything I do sets me back for days and sometimes weeks so I just do some stretches and leave it there. This new DVD program is designed to go slowly and add one exercise at a time. Hopefully it will work. I'll let you know. But I am so jealous of anyone who can do the typical or even aggressive (Boot camp) style exercise programs. I just miss my 45 minute daily walks.

Closets....I'm an "if I don't use it sell it, give it away, or trash it" gal. I have a box in the trunk of my car to put anything I don't want to go to our local thrift store. I drop things off all the time, one or two things at a time to get them out of my home. Clutter and me don't get along very well. It is so freeing to have unstuffed closets, cabinets, and drawers. I'm a totally type A personality who is constantly organizing and cleaning. I love all my stuff lined up pretty and thankfully I have a husband who is the same so we get along exceptionally well. That is one of my good habits.....believe me when I say that I have plenty of bad habits, you'll hear about them as time goes by.

You ladies seem to all do the hormone replacement thing. I've always stayed clear of it because of the fear of cancer. Do you and your doctors have any concerns about the risk of cancer and what do your doctors say about it? I have an appointment with my physician next week for reoccurring UTI's and I wonder if it is low estrogen related as I have only had them in menopause and they are getting more and more of a problem ( every 5-8 weeks ). So as I hear you talk about HRT and how it has helped you with weight management (Sandy and Cindy) I just wonder if that might be a solution to some of my health related problems too. Any advice or thought???? I had a hysterectomy 20 years ago but kept my ovaries because I was so young at the time (38) which slowed down the onset of Menopause which started about 5 years later, totally done with it after 2 years, so I feel there is still a risk for ovarian cancer, but maybe I'm wrong.

Shopping today...........money flying out of wallet!
Old 12-06-2016, 08:56 AM   #46
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Cindy is our resident nurse and I hope she'll comment here as well. The research I've done all says that all natural, bio-identical hormone replacement is safe. And that's the kind of HRT we're both on. I think that's also what Carolyn is on. It's compounded at a special pharmacy and is either a cream or a troche that dissolves between your lip and gums. I feel sooooo good on HRT that I don't know if I'll ever stop. I'll be 67 in March.

Judy, so glad baby, momma and big brother are all doing well!! How exciting to have a brand new baby in the family to love on and spoil. That's what grandparents are for!

I've cleaned out so much around here I keep thinking I'm done, but then something else will catch my eye. I don't think I'll get too much more done before we leave though.

Food can wait!
Old 12-06-2016, 11:57 AM   #47
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Mine is also bio identical and compounded at a pharmacy.

Sandy all you've gotten done will be a gift to future Sandy, the Sandy coming home from Texas!

We are at Maddox's house. He got a little homesick so he ate lunch here and is napping. When he wakes, we'll visit mom and baby Milo.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:40 PM   #48
CarolynF

Grandma Judy! We definitely need a baby Milo picture. He must be adorable! It is so funny how genes work and what child gets what genes.

Karen....my 2 favorite cookies!!! Hugs and prayers for your pain...not fun at all. Love my bioidenticals. Too low estrogen causes bad bones, too and bladder problems. Of course, you will have your hormones tested before they are prescribed.

Decorated the tree....mailed most of my cards. Made some Christmas crack for kids on Sat night. I also made some nommie low carb toffee from Carolyn's site. Basically it is butter and Swerve/ vanilla for the toffee part and SF chocolate chips/ butter for the next layer and nuts on the top. Really good. If you want the recipe, I'll post it.

Okay, I'm doing the 3/8/3 plan. Ate breakfast at 9:30/bullet coffee for lunch with some SF toffee/dinner at 5. The BulletProof executive had a great podcast with Jason Fung and Jimmy on it. Jason does most of the talking. It is very good.

Old 12-06-2016, 03:18 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening!

We had another yummy dinner tonight. I had a salmon fillet in the freezer that a friend gave us after a fishing trip to Alaska. It was really good! I just laid the fillet out skin side down, drizzled it with olive oil, sprinkled with salt & pepper and some dill weed and baked it for 15 minutes. Once it is cooked, the skin lifts away easily.

Tomorrow night we're going out for dinner.....I've done enough cooking for the week!

Have a good night!
Old 12-06-2016, 05:06 PM   #50
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Good evening gals,

Lori, how is the Christmas shopping going for the grandkids? Did you get their presents figured out?

Carolyn...yeahhhhh! Tree decorated , It will be cozy in your house with those lights on. And I laughed out loud at your "Christmas Crack" being made. I presume you mean something made with sugar.

Thanks to all of you for you hormonal info. I've read about bio-identical hormones, mostly from Suzanne Sommer's books but it seems like you have to go to special doctors. Do all of you work with regular physicians? Does your regular pharmacist mix the hormones? How did you get started on that product? When I read Suzanne's books (years ago) it sounded like you needed to fly to Los Angeles to get a doctor who does bio-identical's. Does insurance pay, if not is it expensive? Thanks for the info. ugggg, the drama of being a woman
Old 12-07-2016, 06:15 AM   #51
CarolynF

Eating out!! Yeah, Lori..crack is full of sugar.

Karen, is there a compounding pharmacy near you? The best thing is to find out which doctor prescribes them in your area. Then go to that doctor. They can be regular doctors or gynecologists. You could probably look on line to find the pharmacy, then just talk to the pharmacist. The doctor needs to know which labs to order and how to read them and prescribe them. Keep us posted...

How is our new baby????

Old 12-07-2016, 07:47 AM   #52
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Lost 9% of his body weight.
Just too tired to nurse, but it sounds like they're turning that around. He finally woke up enough to decide he was hungry!

One of Maddox's best friends from school is coming over for a little playing.
And my house is a hot mess...
Old 12-07-2016, 11:26 AM   #53
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Thank goodness!! it wasn't 90%%% I thought that might've been a typo, I'm sure glad it was.
Maddox will love having his friend over and it'll probably be a small break for you as well.

Food can wait!
Old 12-07-2016, 01:07 PM   #54
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

They are having a screaming BALL of fun.

Bowe is in the backyard with them and they are throwing all the millions of balls we have out there on the roof, watching them roll off, etc.
And it's freezing but those little boys don't know it.
They are darling.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:26 PM   #55
CarolynF

It is freezing!

My great niece is having heart surgery in Panama City, Panama this Saturday. Please say an extra prayer for her. Zia Rose. I put it on FB.

Baby Milo maybe will be a layback kind of kid. an easy baby..kids love to play with balls. In our church nursery we have 2, but when we have 3 kids, we are in trouble.

Hugs all around.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:13 PM   #56
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

That's funny, Carolyn, about 3 kids.

Maddox and Henry love each other and love competing with each other.
If cousin Piper shows up, who Maddox also loves to play with, Henry is NOT happy with Piper. LOL
So far, no blood has been shed.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:14 AM   #57
CarolynF

Three's a crowd! My eating sins have showed up.. I cannot have carbs. I need to write this 100 times!

So, we have our luncheon for Christian Women's Club today where I usually have a cookie or two.. nope! Lots of LC choices, just have to stay away from the dessert table.

Kinda chilly today. We have 26 people from church coming Saturday for dinner. I only have to heat a frozen lasagne and set up tables.. Dh will do most of the cleaning work. I'll have to pre-eat cuz I'm not having that. Luckily they are coming at 7:30, so I have plenty of time....

Old 12-08-2016, 06:37 AM   #58
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies.

God love those little boys having fun in the back yard (and everywhere else). Isn't it fun to be a kid with cousins?

It's getting colder in the north country. We're heading for single digits which is more like the weather pattern we should have by now but still very little snow.....come on snow!!!!

Well, I'm a bad girl. I couldn't seem to shut my "window" last night. I had two cookies, 4 chocolate covered cherries, and popcorn with butter. And while that was all fun when it was happening my body reminded me of my bad behavior by waking me at 1 a.m. with an upset tummy that required a Zantac and a full glass of water. I think I got the message loud and clear. SHUT THAT WINDOW!!!!

Carolyn....how nice of you to host. Sounds like fun. I can already hear eveyone ooooing and aaaaaaing over your pretty decorated tree. Eating ahead of time is smart, then nibble on the safe items.

Laundry and working on my quilt today.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:38 AM   #59
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Oh and Carolyn....how's your niece?
Old 12-08-2016, 12:33 PM   #60
Buffy45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Fast 5
Start Date: 10/31/15
Just peeking in tomsay hello to my buds here. I'm afraid I spend way too much time on FB and see you all there! Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas