Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 12-08-2016, 04:43 PM   #61
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/157/145
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
BUFFY: Hugs and love to you!!!!!

Karen: Zia is about 7-8 months old and has a hole in her heart. They discovered it several months back when she got pneumonia and was in the hospital in Managua. They were going to have the surgery there, but they didn't have an oxygenator that small, so the US docs recommended a hospital/surgeon in Panama City, Panama. So they flew out this am. Surgery will be in Sat. They will have to cut her open for this surgery as the hole was in a difficult area to fix. Thanks for your prayers...

Ladies... I was so good at lunch...no carbs!! It's a funny thing when you make up your mind to do something!!!!!!!!

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2016, 05:09 PM   #62
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
Carolyn I will sure keep that little baby and her parents (and all of you) in my prayers!

Buffy you are loved and missed!

It's always about making up your mind, isn't it??? Congratulations!
Old 12-08-2016, 07:32 PM   #63
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
Hi Buffy!!!! We sure miss you around here. So glad you popped in. Merry Christmas my friend!

I'll certainly be praying for that precious little baby and her poor worried parents as well.

Our minds are so very powerful once we set them on the right track. I don't know what the trick is to get them set on the right track but when you do you can do anything!!!

Well the guy we were to meet with this morning had his flight canceled so he didn't make it into KC at all. So if he doesn't make it here before we leave I guess I won't be making my selections until the first of April. I'm sure I'm not going to be changing my mind though!! I'm tired of looking at all that stuff!!

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:23 PM   #64
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, enough is enough.
Hopefully you won't worry about it until you get back and have to deal with it again.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:38 PM   #65
CarolynF

Went to Bville with Dh and did some shopping. Eggs at IHOP and a coffee at Sb on the way home.

Sandy, its like looking at wallpaper books. Too many decisions. But it should be great no matter what you pick.

Thanks for Zia's prayers. So thankful they moved to a more sophisticated hospital.

Old 12-09-2016, 02:58 PM   #66
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds like a nice day, Carolyn.

Well the Fast 5 finally paid off for me. I'm 148 - 8 pounds lighter than this time last year. Yippee!
And I have to say, I've had more french fries and corn chips then I would like to admit, and more this year than I had in the previous four years combined. Not proud of it, but just dies show you IFing dies work.
Oh and unlike Sandy, I can't include cocktails in my window or I gain or maintain. That's okay. Probably not very good for me anyway.

Doing tons of laundry to return everything CKEAN to DD. I really want to put out some Christmas decorations. We'll see how badly I want to do that. HAHA
Old 12-09-2016, 06:00 PM   #67
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

WTG Judy!!!!! It's not a fast way to lose but it's certainly more livable than any fast way to lose I've ever done. And I've done them ALL.

Sounds like a fun day Carolyn.

We're taking up a load of stuff to the fifth wheel tomorrow to begin the packing process. Two weeks from Monday!!

Food can wait!
Old 12-09-2016, 06:07 PM   #68
CarolynF

You are leaving the day after Christmas???? Fun times!!! We are heading to Houston on the Tuesday after Christmas.

JUDY!! You are amazing. Wonderful. Is the new family home??? Did her mom get to see Milo?

We had fun. I told Dh I was going back on Thursday as he is heading somewhere else. He was surprised that I wasn't done, but didn't want to have him waiting around in the mall. #easiertoshopalone#

Old 12-09-2016, 06:21 PM   #69
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Good heavens. My previous post has so many errors it looks like I was drunk! LOL
I promise I wasn't!

Sandy thank you so much for introducing us to the Fast 5!
My doctor wants me to send her the e-book, which I'll be glad to do. She's unfamiliar with IFing, maybe this will be a gentle introduction.
I think I'll also forward some of Dr. Fung's updates. Seems like she'd "get" that since she's an MD and all. I can tell she's fairly satisfied with whatever she already knows, though, and is constantly watching for quackery.

Thank goodness for the internet!
Old 12-10-2016, 03:24 AM   #70
Lori_:)
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 223/174/160(?)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/1/13
Good Morning!

Judy..congrats on your loss this year! Awesome work. I wish I could get my head wrapped around Fast 5 a bit better. I never seem to make it to a shorter window than about 8 hours. I get home from boot camp at 7 and just can't seem to wait until 1 or so to feed my muscles! By 10AM I'm really starting to feel bad and give in and eat. Oh well, I'll keep chugging along.

Today we're meeting our daughter and family for lunch. We're going to take her some venison as DH picked up deer #1 yesterday. Deer #2 will be coming home soon and I have no idea where he thinks he's going to put it. Ugh. Daughter will drive about 45 minutes and we'll do the same and meet in the middle for lunch.

Winter is definitely here with temps in the 20's this morning. Snow showers all around......I'm ready for Spring!

Have a good Saturday everyone!
Old 12-10-2016, 08:05 AM   #71
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Lori, maybe when you start feeling bad you could have a cup of bone broth and see if that helps. I know some people do supplement with bone broth, especially when they're first starting out trying to adjust to the fasting. It's super nutritious and not high in calories. It would be worth a try?

My friend is really struggling with the Fast 5. She says she's done it faithfully for 3 weeks and has only lost 3#. She's going on a cruise and has always dieted by limiting fat and practically starving herself to lose weight in the past. I told her it's not a quick weight loss method for sure but it's certainly a livable way to do it. I also told her to find that piece of clothing that's too tight now and to try it on every week and to not give up. Many times I've weighed the exact same thing for DAYS on end and then will drop. That can get pretty discouraging to not see the scale move when you're trying so hard. I don't know what she's going to do. I feel sorry for her. We've been friends for over 50 years and she was always skinny as a rail through her youth and able to eat anything she wanted. So when she started putting on weight she had no idea how to diet. I'm almost afraid she might've damaged her body from all the terrible dieting she's done in the past. I just don't know and don't know how to help her. She'll probably do an all egg diet for a month before she goes! Ugh.

Food can wait!
Old 12-10-2016, 10:23 AM   #72
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Still Karen
Stats: 173 starting weight, now 168
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 15, 2017
Judy....WAY TO GO on your 8 pound loss. I'm jealous of your 148. Even only losing 8 pounds a year would be a welcome accomplishment for me at this (age) stage of the game.

Lori...I hear your discouragement with getting to the 5 hour window. Maybe just concentrate on a 7 hour window for a few weeks then back it down a half hour each week or two until you get to 5 hours. I'm sure it's harder with that exercise schedule.

Sandy....I'm finding that my clothes do feel better but I don't think I've dropped any more pounds from the first three that I dropped right out of the gate. But Judy's post is an encouragement because even if I only lose 8-10 pounds in 2017, I can certainly live with and enjoy this fast5 way of living.

But today I'm falling off the wagon a little bit. I'm doing Christmas baking that will be shipped to family in Indiana. I'm shipping everything on Monday or Tuesday so I'm allowing myself some nibbles here and there but am so proud of myself for not inhaling large masses of calories. I have 8 batches of Chex Mix going this morning and afternoon. I'll be finishing cookies (my biggest weakness) later tonight and tomorrow then I'm taping the boxes shut and mailing them as soon as I can get to town. I work on Monday so more than likely I'll get them shipped on Tuesday but if the boxes are taped and labeled and in the car I'll be safe. Thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....No more treats around here until Christmas day. We don't go anywhere, no dinners or parties for the holidays (no family close and no parties with my chronic back pain) so once I get this stuff out of the house I can get 100% back on track with my 5 hour window. (I just have my window cracked open with a little tiny bit of air (calories) flowing through )

Sandy...why do you think your friend is struggling so much with the 5 hour window? Could it be that she is eating too much sugar or processed carbs? Even though I eat carbs, my carbs are veggies not sugary & starchy stuff. I think I would have trouble if I was eating a lot of sugar and starches. Also, to start I found that eating a slice or two of zero carb cheese helped me get into the five hour window. The first couple nights I was so hungry at bedtime so I had a piece or two of cheese (1-2 oz) and it was enough to cut the blood sugar spike from the earlier eating. I did that for the first two nights then I didn't need it after that. I will probably need to do this after all my Chex Mix and cookie nibbling. If she is not fond of cheese I would think a couple ounces of meat would work too (chicken/Turkey breast or a plain egg).

Carolyn....thinking about and praying for your niece and family today. Such a hard thing!!

Husband shampooed the carpets this morning.......ummmm, smells so fresh.
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 01:58 PM   #73
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, the key is eating in a way you can sustain, because obviously you were not eating correctly if you weigh more than you like.

Eating to sustain health is actually the proper way to think. I just rarely think that way. LOL

Carolyn, how soon will you know how your little niece is doing?

Sandy, I think I struggled quite a bit at first with the Fast 5. It was just unthinkable to think of waiting so long to eat. And I really over-ate at first for several days or weeks in a row. And yet still, I think I was able to tell the benefits of a smaller mid-section really quickly. That just FEELS so good.
I'm sorry for your dear long-time friend. I so hope she can find a way to lose the weight she wants. You are a good friend, Sandy.

Oh man, Karen, Chex mix. I think I did a nut-only version of that one time. It was the butter/worcestershire/garlic/salt mixture I found I loved - not the cereal.
I mean, I would totally eat the heck out of it, but just don't need to now.

I make lots and lots of different low carb desserts, including cookies, so those types of things do not tempt me in the slightest. I think I'm lucky in that regard, though.

Lori I am sure if I were working out as hard as you were I'd need to find something different than delaying eating. Forgive me for not remembering, but have you ever just tried straight low carb?
Old 12-10-2016, 02:54 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks ladies!

Judy...yes, I lost my 50 lbs with basically LC. I think I'll just concentrate on that and try to put off eating in the morning until I feel I need to. Not going to beat myself up over it. I actually lost the first 25 lbs back in 2013 by doing Dukan. That is low carb and low fat. Not sure I could do that again, but may try for a couple months to lose the 20 lbs that I want gone. I sure would miss my Swiss cheese, as cheese is not part of the Dukan plan.

I appreciate all your suggestions and input. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 12-10-2016, 03:39 PM   #75
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Karen, I think my friend is struggling b/c she's not losing quickly. She's finally managed to contain herself to the 5 hour window, most of the time, but she wants the weight to just fly off of her. I really think on this plan you can lose more inches without losing pounds but we all love to see those numbers go down, down, down. That's why I suggest the clothing that's too small when you start. At least it's a visual you can see and feel good about.

Food can wait!
Old 12-10-2016, 07:11 PM   #76
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Sandy...I can TOTALLY identify with your friend if the discouragement is about not losing weight quickly. I feel much the same way and would have given up but all of you ladies are really keeping me in the game. I too want the weight to come off at a nice clip of 2-3 pounds a week but it is not happening. BUT...I'm 59, can't exercise like I used to, and who knows what else might be going on (hormones etc.) so what I know for sure is that I don't want to put more weight on so it just makes sense that over time on the fast5 that the weight should s-l-o-w-l-y and gradually come off. So for me it's time for reality and that means facing the facts that the snacking has got to yield , and thankfully it has as long as I don't have bad food sitting around. Maybe your friend would be encouraged to hang out here with us for a while. Honestly the 4-5 of you have saved me and I appreciate it soooooooooooooo much.

I got all the Chex Mix done and a batch of cut-out sugar cookies. I'm pooped!!!! I have a lot of pain when I stand for long periods of time and all that icing of the cut-out cookies has done me in for the night. They are so pretty though. Little boots, trees, stars, and gingerbread men. It feels good to sit here cat the computer for a while.

I'm just shocked with this fast5 eating. Even though I nibbled throughout the day it is nothing like I would have done. I'm finishing the day happy with my sugar fest day.

Judy...I was thinking about what you said about making nuts with the Chex Mix drizzle and it made me think of an earlier post (months ago, I've been reading the back posts) when you said that you lost 5 pounds in one week by eating almost nothing except coffee and cashews. I love cashews and was at Costco earlier this week and almost picked up a can but then I thought I'd ask you about it first. Have you ever tried it since that time when you visited friends and snacked on those cashews. That is one EFLC thing I could actually stick to. I'd love to hear what you EFLC girls think about it.

Judy said.... "Eating to sustain health is actually the proper way to think. I just rarely think that way. LOL"..... I could never been good enough to accomplish that 24/7. And besides, how fun would that be? I'd love to have your favorite LC cookie recipe.

Snowy and 8 degrees here.........burrrrr. Very pretty though.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:34 PM   #77
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Karen, that was a week where I was in Florida with my sister, visiting my cousin (now deceased). We were cooking for her and trying to help her organize her meds - she had cancer. My sister and I felt like we ate so much but we both lost 5 pounds.
I didn't ONLY eat cashews. If I wrote that I shouldn't have. But EVERY morning I'd get up and start stuffing my face with cashews.

I'll have to think about what my favorite cookie might be.

I never heard about what might have happened with that cream cheese Bundt cake/pound cake. Did you use almond flour, and which low carb sweeteners did you use?
It'll help me recommend a good cookie.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:23 PM   #78
CarolynF

Hi gals..

Just recovered from the 23 peeps here..

Baby Zia did great. The hole in her heart was almost an inch. The surgeon was surprised it was so big. I'm so happy that they are at an excellent hospital in Panama.Jennifer (bake mix) is familiar with that hospital and said it was very good. She will be in ICU for 2 days, then will probably be there until Christmas. Still have to keep praying for healing. Thanks

Time for bed. Hugsssss

Old 12-10-2016, 10:58 PM   #79
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Carolyn thanks for the good news! Yes, continued prayers for little Zia.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:06 AM   #80
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, thanks for update and will continue praying for little Zia.

Food can wait!
Old 12-12-2016, 04:18 PM   #81
CarolynF

Hi ladies...

Just made some of Carolyn's Italian Christmas cookies. Pretty good. I used anise extract, but could have used a bit more.

Thanks for Zia's prayers. I think she is doing well...no news today, but a picture of her in that ICU bed with oxygen and a binky.

How is Milo???

I think I skipped lunch today. chicken for dinner. Our Wally finally got the frozen cauliflower in all versions!! Going to try one mixed with sweet potatoes.

I think I'm 99 percent done shopping, but a trip to Bville on Thursday with my gf's will finish me up.

How's everyone??

Old 12-12-2016, 06:31 PM   #82
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi!
We went to OKC yesterday to visit DH's mom and attend an office Christmas party.
I guess we sort of "had" to go and it was a good thing we did, but sheesh! Was glad to get home last night at 11:30.

Had lunch today with my 88-yr-old mother and our longtime friend down the street from me. She's much younger - 86. LOL
A third friend usually joins us, but she fell last week, has a black eye, feels weak, etc. So she stayed home. The daughter of the 86-yr-old joined us at the Freeway Cafe. Yum yum.

Afterward I went to my mom's to help her with her label database for her Christmas cards. She's usually a whiz on her computer, but this was just awkwardly done, so I fixed up a newer version for her and she's on her way.

I made some LC biscuits and some ham gravy (with real wheat flour! ) for my mom to have some breakfasts. She just is not so interested in cooking anymore. Unless it's baking cookies or sinful desserts. She has plenty of energy for that!

Dentist tomorrow - just a cleaning.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:26 PM   #83
CarolynF

Hi..

Did a bit more Christmas shopping...

Glad you got to see dh's mom and your mom this week... you are so blessed that your mom is mentally with it!!!

Freeway Cafe........must remember.

Church ladies' Christmas Party. I am taking shrimp cocktail as I know there will be tons of sweets. We are also supposed to take a children's book for a needy child. I bought some candy for my two reading boys tomorrow. I didn't think they would want a book..,

Love American Baking something. It is done in England in a huge tent. I think it is on Thursday.

hugs.

Old 12-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #84
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Things have been a bit wonky here so I haven't posted in a few days.

I'm so happy that baby Zia is through the operation. Hopefully she will be past most of the surgical pain in another day or two. It's so hard with the little ones. Keep us posted as you hear news.

I hope baby Milo and family are getting comfortable with the new wee one and limited sleep.

Judy, you are such a helpful person. Lunch with the 88 year old's & computer labels too. That's nice. About the bundt cake. Yes, I used almond flour but maybe the brand I used is different than yours. It is our natural foods co-op store brand. I use it for other cookie recipes and it is always good. I often substitute almond flour and oat flour in combination with wheat flour when I bake cookies. I don't know what I did wrong if yours is usually moist. Probably just me, I'm a fair cook. I'd rather wash the dishes than cook, I know, something is twisted with that concept. But...I made some lemon pudding, broke off little chunks of the cake and poured the pudding over it. It was very delicious. It didn't accomplish the LC effect but it didn't go to waste and we enjoyed it that way. I also use soy flour to dredge meat when frying (which is not very often). My understanding is that soy flour has more protein and maybe lower carbs than wheat flour. Do you all do that?? The only meat I usually do that with is cube steak. I dredge in the soy flour, fry in oil, then put it in the oven in a lidded pyrex on 350 degrees for about 30-45 minutes to make tender. One of the few meats we eat occasionally...usually on a cold day in the winter, LIKE NOW....-7 degrees this morning and only about zero now.......burrrrrrrr.

And 8 inches of snow..............yeah baby, bring on the snow

Carolyn...don't you love it when you get busy and realize that you skipped a meal and didn't even miss it??? Chu-ching...calorie buster. Did I hear Anise cookies Can you share the recipe?? I love anise and I bet yours is LC. If you gals are going to win me over to LC eating it will be one cookie at a time.

Office work today, wrote a grant, with Karen Carpenter singing Christmas music in the background........lovely!!
Old 12-13-2016, 03:16 PM   #85
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

oh and Judy...I can't quite figure out what you and your husband do. Are you in the construction business? You mentioned an office party. I'm still catching up on your old posts and I see that you both work, or at least he goes out of town for weeks at a time to work but I can't figure out what it is that you do. I'm just guessing that you have some kind of construction business.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:11 PM   #86
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Glad you got to see dh's mom and your mom this week... you are so blessed that your mom is mentally with it!!!

Freeway Cafe........must remember.
I am so grateful every single day to have my dear loving mother with all her faculties. She drives herself to get her hair done, go to church, to musical events, to bridge. She emails me, texts me. She is smart and cute and funny. And I know every single day how grateful I am to have her. Thank you, Carolyn. I know your mom slipped away differently. I am so sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Church ladies' Christmas Party. I am taking shrimp cocktail as I know there will be tons of sweets. We are also supposed to take a children's book for a needy child. I bought some candy for my two reading boys tomorrow. I didn't think they would want a book..,

Love American Baking something. It is done in England in a huge tent. I think it is on Thursday.

hugs.
Shrimp cocktail = genius.
I MUST FIND AMERICAN BAKING!! I think I flipped past it and wondered if it was like the British version that we love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Karen View Post
Things have been a bit wonky here so I haven't posted in a few days.

I'm so happy that baby Zia is through the operation. Hopefully she will be past most of the surgical pain in another day or two. It's so hard with the little ones. Keep us posted as you hear news.

I hope baby Milo and family are getting comfortable with the new wee one and limited sleep.

Judy, you are such a helpful person. Lunch with the 88 year old's & computer labels too. That's nice.
Easy easy easy. I have to stop her from doing things for me. It's easy to do things for her. She's like a contemporary rather than an older person.
I THINK OF THIS EVERY TIME I'M AROUND MY DD AND HER FRIENDS AND I'M 25 YEARS OLDER THAN THEY ARE!!!

Quote:
About the bundt cake. Yes, I used almond flour but maybe the brand I used is different than yours. It is our natural foods co-op store brand. I use it for other cookie recipes and it is always good. I often substitute almond flour and oat flour in combination with wheat flour when I bake cookies. I don't know what I did wrong if yours is usually moist. Probably just me, I'm a fair cook. I'd rather wash the dishes than cook, I know, something is twisted with that concept. But...I made some lemon pudding, broke off little chunks of the cake and poured the pudding over it. It was very delicious. It didn't accomplish the LC effect but it didn't go to waste and we enjoyed it that way.
And did you use artificial sweeteners, or...?
I bet you are a great cook. Low carb is such a different animal.

Quote:
I also use soy flour to dredge meat when frying (which is not very often). My understanding is that soy flour has more protein and maybe lower carbs than wheat flour. Do you all do that?? The only meat I usually do that with is cube steak. I dredge in the soy flour, fry in oil, then put it in the oven in a lidded pyrex on 350 degrees for about 30-45 minutes to make tender. One of the few meats we eat occasionally...usually on a cold day in the winter, LIKE NOW....-7 degrees this morning and only about zero now.......burrrrrrrr.

And 8 inches of snow..............yeah baby, bring on the snow
I sort of remember using soy flour in the late 80s with the Eads' low carb plan. I haven't used it since.
For what it's worth - you sound like you are a good cook to me!

Quote:
Carolyn...don't you love it when you get busy and realize that you skipped a meal and didn't even miss it??? Chu-ching...calorie buster. Did I hear Anise cookies Can you share the recipe?? I love anise and I bet yours is LC. If you gals are going to win me over to LC eating it will be one cookie at a time.

Office work today, wrote a grant, with Karen Carpenter singing Christmas music in the background........lovely!!
Not much better than Karen Carpenter singing Christmas songs, right?
Karen you are funny - we will win you over one cookie at a time!

Quote:
oh and Judy...I can't quite figure out what you and your husband do. Are you in the construction business? You mentioned an office party. I'm still catching up on your old posts and I see that you both work, or at least he goes out of town for weeks at a time to work but I can't figure out what it is that you do. I'm just guessing that you have some kind of construction business.
We are petroleum landmen. We examine title, procure oil and gas leases, and cure title, among other things.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:52 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning!

Not much new here. I've been having a good week, sticking strictly to my low carb plan. Haven't been fasting, but feeling good. Heading to boot camp in a few minutes and go for a haircut this afternoon....that's my day! Tomorrow I plan to hibernate as we will have highs in the teens and wind. Ugh...I hate a cold, windy day. Staying in will give me the opportunity to tackle one of the many projects here in the house that are waiting for me.

Hope you're all enjoying your Christmas preparations and getting in the spirit. It won't be long now!

Have good days!
Old 12-14-2016, 02:36 PM   #88
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Ugggg....that didn't go as well as I expected!! I had my doctor appointment today to see why I am having so many bladder infections. She did an exam and it seems my bladder has dropped and she is suggesting surgery to put it back in place. Uhhhhhhhh, Getting older is not being very kind to me. But, she did say it is pretty routine and should fix the problem. So the next step is a Gyne appointment to see if they agree but my doctor says she's seen enough of these to pretty much know the outcome.

Judy...about the sweetener in the bundt cake, I used Truvia. I use Truvia in Iced Tea year round. You gals are going to laugh at me but I threw a large container of Swerve away about 2 months ago because I didn't ever use it. I ordered it about two years ago, had a little stomach upset when using it and it was taking up space in my pantry. A couple months ago I picked that container up and chucked it in the trash and then I came on here and you all use Swerve all the time. Oops!!

And yes, Judy, I am an "OK" cook. We certainly don't starve but I have friends who are fabulous cooks so I somewhat compare myself to what they do. How I would describe myself is that I am a bland cook. We tend to eat plain vegetables and fruits, very few meats, meatless burgers, nut butters on sprouted breads, soups, salads, and I make mean pies !!!! So while I do cook it is just simple and plain things. Tonight we are having Veggie Pizza from Papa John's (maybe once a month) because we are HUGE SURVIVOR fans so we are having Pizza during the show. I'll be eating outside of my window tonight because the Survivor Finale is 3 hours long and we like it like other people like the Super Bowl. Party tonight

I had vegetable soup for lunch, will have a hard boiled egg for a snack and then pizza tonight. Such a typical food day for my family. Many supper meals for us consist of green beans, corn, a salad like coleslaw or broccoli salad, and a piece of garlic bread, maybe some grapes. Simple foods so not much imaginative cooking there. Where I got in trouble with gaining weight was snacking on popcorn, cookies and crackers.................bad, bad, bad!

I don't mind baking but I do it just because we like to eat (bad) stuff. I'll think....ummm, some brownies sound good and then I'll do a box brownie mix. I do make cookies and pies from scratch. I never make a cake or bread, except I do make banana bread from scratch from the over ripened bananas that don't get consumed on time. And the only thing that comes close to a casserole is when I make spaghetti which is only about 5 times a year. So, while I can read and follow a recipe I just don't do many meals that require much preparation. If it has more then three ingredients I'm probably not making it -except for home made salads & soups then watch out the whole garden gets thrown in that huge pot then I freeze it into 3-4 cup servings and we eat off of it for a month. I'm lucky, my husband doesn't care much for meats either so he's happy with a peanut butter sandwich, a veggie or two (or soup) and a banana or apple for supper. We are not your typical American table. Over all we eat very healthy except when we hit the cookies and cracker snacks, which my fast5 WOE is really helping me overcome.

And Judy...how special that you are so close with your mother and daughter. Such a blessing. My daughter and mother live 600 miles away so we don't have much of a chance to do things together and our relationships have suffered through the miles. However, I am very close with my 37 year old son. He is such fun and one of the joys of my life.

Carolyn, I don't know the details of your mothers passing but it sounds like it wasn't pleasant. I'm so sorry about that.

So Judy, like I said earlier, I'm not that much of a cook but any time you all want to share a LC cookie recipe I'll gladly get my almond flour and butter out for that gig.

We have -29 degrees with high winds predicted for the weekend and 7-8 inches of snow. That is a really weird prediction because it usually doesn't snow when it is that cold so either our weather man has had too many vodka & rum's or we are going to get a weird winter experience. We plan to hunker down, crank up the furnace, and I'll be reading a good book. Speaking of good books. I'm reading Burt Bacharach's life story 'Anyone Who Had A Heart' (one of my favorite American composers). He was a wild character in his younger days, wrote fantastic music but whewwww, quite a playboy. I don't know if you ever watch Youtube but if you want a nice Bacharach concert type Trijntje Oosterhuis Best of Burt Bacharach Live Full Concert into the Youtube search bar and enjoy. Love that Trijntje!!!!

And Judy......What ever your business is it sounded like greek to me. You do what????? You do what with petroleum? Like you figure out where fuel is in the ground so they can pump it out ???? huh...I'll have to google what a petroleum landmen does. I'm always amazed by all the occupations that people have. How on earth did you get into that business? Or do you mean you haul petroleum to farms and places? Now that I understand because we had a farm building years ago that used Petroleum as fuel (I think I'm right about that, my husband always purchased that. Or Maybe it was an LP tank....huh...as you can see I'm not very informed about fuels. All I know is I'm glad when my car tank is full and my furnace is running.

Sorry so long.....I just like chatting with you gals.

Lori....I'm glad the LC is working better for you. Did you get your grandkids shopping done yet? I got all my packages shipped yesterday so I'm done with Christmas prep. Now we just enjoy the music.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:24 PM   #89
CarolynF

Hi ladies..

Karen: My friend had a bladder lift and it worked out great..She used to leak quite a bit and now nothing..The surgery was like 30 minutes, but recovering was about 6 weeks, so plan it at a good time.

My sisterinlaw and brotherinlaw LOVE Survivor, too..Enjoy. I love Burt, too and that wonderful lady singer who sang most of his songs..Can't remember her name..Dionne Warwick..duh..

We are supposed to get down to 5 this weekend, I think..It will be 5 at night.

Trip to Bville with my 2 friends..Now, we have to plan where to eat lunch..Maybe McAllisters..that is pretty good and easy to eat legally.

Today I have been very good..

I knit 2 dish cloths with the buttons on them for the fridge for my friends. I'm washing them now, so hopefully, they will stay together..LOL.

Dh asked Brett Sunday night, if Sarah and he were serious..In a roundabout way, he said, "Yes"..

Hugs all around..How are Lewis and Leonard?????

Old 12-14-2016, 10:37 PM   #90
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I should have been more clear - we examine and determine mineral title (and usually surface title, too, which is quite a bit easier).
Before someone drills an oil or gas well, they need to know who owns the mineral interests, and we do that.
After they drill a well, an attorney finds all the title defects and we prepare legal instruments and talk with people about "curing" their title.

I think all my cookie recipes have a LOT of ingredients, so if I come across one with few ingredients, I will pass it along.
Is the Truvia the baking blend - the one with sugar?

Sounds like you're pretty set if you have eliminated the bad snacking. That's almost always the culprit, isn't it?

DD realized today she weighs 9 pounds less than before she got pregnant! She had gained quite a bit before she got pregnant after stopping one of her migraine medicines, so she is just thrilled and I am too. I know she feels better!

Carolyn have fun in Bartlesville! I am kind of dreading this deep cold coming and will want to make chili and hibernate, but we have a big family-ish party on Saturday. Ugh.
Maybe it will feel Christmas-y to be so bone-chilling cold. LOL

Karen I ended up watching that Survivor Finale! I hadn't watched one episode, but I used to watch it, and I knew they'd catch me up and sure enough - I had no trouble following it. It was fun to see again.

I made some chocolate cookies tonight. Now that I think of it Karen, these have very few ingredients. I'll post the recipe tomorrow. I am late to bed, so good night!