Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 12-15-2016, 05:56 AM   #91
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
I love Survivor too and always DVR it. We had my dad, my son and grandson over for fried crappie last night. I've been promising that ever since we came back home and figured I better get it done before we leave again, lol.
I was a little disappointed in the winner last night. I liked the winner but really wanted the other guy to win. I'm trying not to post any spoilers here just in case somebody else likes it and hasn't watched it yet. It did bring a tear to my eye when the winner told about his homecoming though. Can't wait for the next season!! I've watched every one!

We've looked at the long range forecast to see how our travel days might be and brrrr. They sound cold even down into Texas!!! We may not stay in our fifth wheel on the way down, we might wuss out and stay in motels until we reach the warm gulf breezes, assuming they'll be there when we reach our destination. That's what's nice about this trip; no deadlines, no plans set in concrete, we can make spur of the moment decisions and everything will still be ok. We saw where Dallas is going to be very cold this next week sometime too!! Ugh!

Wow!! Good for DD, Judy!!! That's fantastic and I bet she drops the rest of whatever she wants to lose easily now. Is she nursing?

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2016, 06:22 AM   #92
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
Yes! She's able to nurse this times and she's so glad. I know that'll help melt it off, too.
She thanked me for all the low carb goodies.
Sure made it worthwhile. She's always appreciative, but I'm just so happy for her.

Her DH is sick, has 101.5 fever. Just praying he stays away from all of them.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:19 AM   #93
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Karen View Post
Sandy...I can TOTALLY identify with your friend if the discouragement is about not losing weight quickly. I feel much the same way and would have given up but all of you ladies are really keeping me in the game. I too want the weight to come off at a nice clip of 2-3 pounds a week but it is not happening. BUT...I'm 59, can't exercise like I used to, and who knows what else might be going on (hormones etc.) so what I know for sure is that I don't want to put more weight on so it just makes sense that over time on the fast5 that the weight should s-l-o-w-l-y and gradually come off. So for me it's time for reality and that means facing the facts that the snacking has got to yield , and thankfully it has as long as I don't have bad food sitting around. Maybe your friend would be encouraged to hang out here with us for a while. Honestly the 4-5 of you have saved me and I appreciate it soooooooooooooo much.

I got all the Chex Mix done and a batch of cut-out sugar cookies. I'm pooped!!!! I have a lot of pain when I stand for long periods of time and all that icing of the cut-out cookies has done me in for the night. They are so pretty though. Little boots, trees, stars, and gingerbread men. It feels good to sit here cat the computer for a while.

I'm just shocked with this fast5 eating. Even though I nibbled throughout the day it is nothing like I would have done. I'm finishing the day happy with my sugar fest day.

Judy...I was thinking about what you said about making nuts with the Chex Mix drizzle and it made me think of an earlier post (months ago, I've been reading the back posts) when you said that you lost 5 pounds in one week by eating almost nothing except coffee and cashews. I love cashews and was at Costco earlier this week and almost picked up a can but then I thought I'd ask you about it first. Have you ever tried it since that time when you visited friends and snacked on those cashews. That is one EFLC thing I could actually stick to. I'd love to hear what you EFLC girls think about it.

Judy said.... "Eating to sustain health is actually the proper way to think. I just rarely think that way. LOL"..... I could never been good enough to accomplish that 24/7. And besides, how fun would that be? I'd love to have your favorite LC cookie recipe.

Snowy and 8 degrees here.........burrrrr. Very pretty though.
I'm horrid at cut out sugar cookies. Let me more specific. I can NOT decorate! I am very left brained and decorating is not easy for me.

The cats are a lot of fun but are getting on the table and with some work, can get on the counter. This will not do. I am going to get some motion detector air cans to train them. They have pleanty of places to climb. I just don't like cats on the counter. And I'm not a neat freak.

My Avi is my horse Victor and me Heritage Park horse trials 5/16

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Hadel Briles
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 04:13 PM   #94
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Still Karen
Stats: 173 starting weight, now 168
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 15, 2017
Yeahhh, Carolyn likes Burt Bacharach and Dionne Warwick too. I think we are telling our age. And thanks for sharing about your friend's bladder lift. It's always nice to hear that someone else had a favorable experience. And is Brett your son or grandson? I see you post about him but I haven't figured out who he is. It's fun to have young lovers in the family isn't it?

Judy, Truvia is Erythritol, Stevia Leaf Extract & Natural Flavors. Zero calories, Zero fat, protein & sodium, and 3 grams of Carbs. It is the best tasting stevia I have ever purchased. Saw it on Oprah back when she had her afternoon show and tried it. It gives me stomach upset if I use a lot of it. About every 5th pitcher of Iced Tea I use Sweet n Low to keep from getting a stomach ache. I prefer using natural, not the synthetic Sweet n Low but at least I only use a little bit of it. I need to start drinking my tea without sweetener again. Years ago I drank it plain but somewhere along the way I had sweet tea and started using sweetener. ....would love to try your chocolate cookie recipe. Anything chocolate is my friend

And your business, thanks for explaining. It sounds a little complicated and exclusive. I can't imagine that that many people are drilling oil wells but evidently so. Did you do a lot of work at the North Dakota drilling field (somewhat close to me in Minnesota)?

Cindy....I don't really decorate cut out sugar cookies. I just make a glaze with the different colors and frost and dry them. They look so colorful in the cookie tins with all the other cookies. I can decorate cookies but it takes so long that I just don't do it. I used to decorate cakes years ago and enjoyed that but cakes are bigger than cookies so the decorating is much easier.

.................oh yes, cat off the counters...naughty kitty. The air bombs should work. Our neighbor got a new little dog this summer that is the yippingest thing. Everytime we go outside it barks and growls like he is going to eat us alive. I told my husband that if he has not grown out of that barking by summertime that I am going to buy a silent dog whistle and blow the heck out of it every time that little guy barks at us. He needs to learn that he doesn't need to bark at us all the time.

Sandy and Judy....yes, it was a good end of Survivor. I was hoping the girl would win, she was my favorite all season but it was really special how they all seemed so happy for Adam. His story was heartbreaking. We've watched from the first season too. And Figi next time with all the oldies...that should be fun.

Ah to be so young again, Judy, as your daughter and have the weight just drop off. I was that way after my babies too. Never had a weight problem until menopause. It's fun to have a baby and look good after too . oh no, her husband is sick........not fun especially with having a new baby in the house and the holiday season.

Sandy, my husband fishes for crappie too.. Yummmmmmmm. We deepfry in a deep fryer with the fish dipped in a flour/cornmeal and spices mixture......slurpppppppp. It's the only fish that I like. It doesn't taste fishy.
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 05:46 PM   #95
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello!
Okay, here is that recipe:

Low-carb flourless chocolate cookies low-carb-support.com

12 biscuits; Calories per serving: 75;
Ingredients
• 45g (1.5oz) sugar-free cocoa powder (heaping 1/2 cup)
• 50g (2 oz) Truvia, or similar granular sugar substitute (heaping 1/2 cup artificial sweeteners blended)
• 60g (2oz) unsalted butter (softened but not melted) (4 Tbsp. butter)
• 60g (2oz) cream cheese (softened)
• 2 large eggs
• 1 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 375°
2. Mix cream cheese with artificial sweetener and blend until smooth
3. Lightly beat the eggs and mix with butter and vanilla extract
4. Add the egg mixture to cream cheese and mix well until no lumps
5. Gently fold in cocoa powder
6. Line a baking tray with baking paper
7. Spoon out the mixture into round mounds (they will flatten in the oven)
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes
9. Let cool completely (biscuits will get more crispy when cool)
Assuming 12 biscuits are made from the amounts listed above, per biscuit: 75 cal, 0.8g net carbs, 7g fat, 3g protein.

These are not fancy AT ALL. Just nice chocolate cookies.
I made sure they were really thin, then mixed peanut butter with DaVinci vanilla sweetener and used the peanut butter mixture for a filling between 2 chocolate wafers.
My gosh it's good!

Made a big chuck roast for DD this evening. Finally gave up and started decorating for Christmas. I wish I'd done it a couple of weeks ago, of course.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:23 AM   #96
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Judy.....I have all those ingredients in the house. Today I'll be scooping 7 inches of snow and baking Chocolate Cookies....peanut butter filling..............

Get your fireplaces ready for one of the biggest cold blasts on the year....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrr.

Happy tree/home decorating, Judy.

Oh and, I purchased Atkins Almond Coconut Bar yesterday......oh yah!!! 4 grams Atkins net carbs. And what does that mean when the label says 10 g fat, 17 g carb & 15 g protein. It must be their calculation like Weight Watchers does with their slide rule. Do you LC gals consider that a EFLC legal bar?

G'day
Old 12-16-2016, 06:58 AM   #97
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

You know, those bars are just individual choice. Theoretically they should be fine. I don't have the label in front of me, but I imagine the bars have some fiber in them, so you could deduct fiber from the total carbs and the net carbs would be shown that way.

The sweetener/sweeteners they use might not all be absorbed by your body so the net carbs might be further reduced. It just depends on the sweetener.

If you like them and you're losing, they may fill a good role for you.

I think I was trying too hard to be"perfect" when I started losing. However I did lose pretty quickly and we all know how motivating that is. If you've found a two go lower carb without being as strict as I need to be, nobody here will argue with you! You get to do what works for you. I think Carolyn buys those Atkins bars sometimes and it keeps her on track.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:15 AM   #98
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/157/145
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Atkins bars are okay, for a fill in meal..

Akk..it is 35 and drizzly. Might be icy tomorrow. Glad I got my coleslaw supplies for church lunch today. The men are supposed to be doing everything. Like that is going to happen. Lolol.

Some sweeteners cause an insulin release because of the blood sugar rise. Some peeps count half the sugar alcohols as their carbs.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:31 AM   #99
CarolynF

Dear Jesus,

Help me..Dh and I are making coleslaw for 150 plus people for church tomorrow. Dh has been cleaning the aluminum canning pan for an hour with Brillo. It wasn't that bad. Lolol

Amen.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:35 AM   #100
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh a prayerful thread??
I'M IN!!

Dear Father in heaven, please help me listen to you as I try to make up all the time I've wasted.
Help me see the important things and relationships, and please help Carolyn and Gary in their Cole slaw preparation. In Your Son's Name, Amen.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:27 AM   #101
CarolynF

Prayer answered....no blood was shed and coleslaw fit in the big canning pot and fit in the fridge. Amen.

So true, Judy.....

Old 12-17-2016, 10:35 AM   #102
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay! Prayers answered!

Honestly, Merry Christmas, friends!
Old 12-17-2016, 10:39 AM   #103
CarolynF

I am done with everything except the food planning. Brett and Sarah will arrive Friday in time for dinner. Think we will eat out....the rest of the weekend I'll be cooking.

Is it icy, ladies???? My dd said KC was slick...

Old 12-17-2016, 10:50 AM   #104
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Prayers needed here too. My brother in law died this morning. What started out as a sinus infection ended up with him in ICU for 8 days. They discovered his untreated blood pressure which ended up making his brain swell and they declared him brain dead this morning. He had been on a ventilator so they pulled that and he was gone in under 15 minutes. I'm so sad for my sister and niece and nephew. He was only 56 years old.

Food can wait!
Old 12-17-2016, 10:51 AM   #105
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Not slick here, yet. But man it is cold.
I am longtime friends with Mrs. Claus at the Promenade and I think Maddox DD and Milo will be visiting her.

She posted on FB today she never knew star power until she became Mrs. Claus. LOL
She and her husband have been in show business all their adult lives.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:52 AM   #106
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Sandy!!! I am so so sorry!!
I will definitely pray for them.
What a horrible shock.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:50 PM   #107
CarolynF

Sandy....oh how terrible about your brotherinlaw. praying for all of you. Was she your Tulsa sister? Hugs...

Old 12-17-2016, 06:55 PM   #108
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Sandy...I'm so sorry. Our lives can change in a moment and we don't even see it coming. Your poor sister and their children, all of you. I add my prayers also.

You all be careful on those slick roads and sidewalks. Thankfully we just got snow, 7 inches as promised.

Nothing else seems important after hearing Sandy's news.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:53 AM   #109
Lori_:)
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 223/174/160(?)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/1/13
Sandy...I'm so sorry to read about your brother-in-law. What a shock. We have to make the most of every day, as we don't know what tomorrow will bring. Condolences to you and your family.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:24 AM   #110
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Prayers needed here too. My brother in law died this morning. What started out as a sinus infection ended up with him in ICU for 8 days. They discovered his untreated blood pressure which ended up making his brain swell and they declared him brain dead this morning. He had been on a ventilator so they pulled that and he was gone in under 15 minutes. I'm so sad for my sister and niece and nephew. He was only 56 years old.
Oh Sandy, I am so sorry! We just had a34 year old that was brain dead from poorly controlled hypertension. How terrible for your family.

It is -8 here this morning.

My Avi is my horse Victor and me Heritage Park horse trials 5/16

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Hadel Briles
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:08 PM   #111
CarolynF

Yikes on the hypertension...we have normal bp, but know lots of peeps on meds.

Still hard to believe Sandy's brotherinlaw's story hugs and continued prayers.

Well, my coleslaw was a big hit..my dressing I've used for 40 years. My friend's dad was a cook and he gave it to me. The dressing is: 1 cup Hellmans/ 1/3 cup Apple cider vinegar/1/3 cup sweetener or sugar/grated onion juice from 1/4 onion. Place over cabbage/diced green pepper.

Old 12-18-2016, 07:20 PM   #112
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Our church had its cantata this morning - and again this evening.
It was quite a production.
Lots of instruments.
The choir is so big now you could hear all the voices.
The soloists came out and stood in front of a microphone.
Very brave of them.
A little more Hollywood than I care for in my worship service, but to each his own.

Sandy I am so sad for your sister and nephew. Let us know when you can, how things are progressing.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:16 PM   #113
CarolynF

I made Carolyn's gingerbread cookies in the shape of a star. They are good. I did end up using more molasses though. It rolled out great and I refrigerated it in between bakings.
I ate 3.

Wow, big city cantata! Bet it was great!!

Allergy shot in the am. Then a knitting lesson with my student.

Scarlet is going to State Debate as an alternate! how amazing is that!? We are going Christmas shopping Wed for her. Just locally.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:19 PM   #114
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Carolyn that is amazing about Scarlet!!!
Either you have been a terrific help to her, or you are just blessed to have gotten a particularly skillful protege.
I put my money on YOU. And probably your ability to have great relationships - therefore great ability to impart a little knowledge here and there.
Congrats.

It was a very "produced" cantata. I'm in a mild existential crisis regarding my church. LOL
Old 12-19-2016, 11:13 AM   #115
CarolynF

Judy, I know you are....

Scarlet has great parents who love her a lot. Even though her mom speaks very little English, they have a kind community of Mexican folks. She will be able to go to the local community college on scholarship when she gets old enough. Whenever I'm with teachers and mention Her name, they always have kind things to sY about her.

Well, I thought I was done, but Brett mentioned last night on his weekly 9 pm Sunday night call, that he hadn't gotten Beth anything. He is super busy, so I gave him one of the bigger presents I bought to give to her, and I ran out and got a nice scarf and a Nordstrom's gift card. Now I'm done.

Now I think I'll make some cream cheese cookies with apricot jam.. gotta find me a recipe.

Old 12-19-2016, 12:19 PM   #116
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Low carb cream cheese cookies?
I have a good recipe if you wish.

Well, here it is - I've posted it before. I'm going to make these in the next couple of days, too.

Cream Cheese Cookies – Lowcarbyum
Yield: about 75 cookies Serving Size: 4 cookies (48g) Calories per serving: 204

Ingredients
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sweetener (author used Sukrin)
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 egg
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (see note)
Instructions
1. Cream the butter and sweetener until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in the cream cheese.
3. Add in the egg.
4. Stir in the flours, then mix in the vanilla.
5. Chill dough for at least 4 hours .
6. Squeeze dough out of cookie press or roll out into a cookie log and slice.
7. Bake at 350F until cookies begin to brown (about 8-10 minutes for pressed cookie or 10-12 minutes for slices). Cook longer for crisper cookies.
Notes
Vanilla extract can be substituted in part or whole with other extracts like almond, lemon or orange to change the flavor.
Makes about 75 cookies
Nutrition per cookie (12g): 51 calories, 4.8g fat, 24mg sodium, 1.1g carb, 0.6g fiber, 0.5g net carb, 2.4g erythritol
Old 12-19-2016, 03:40 PM   #117
CarolynF

Thanks....I alternated one of Carolyn's and only used the 4 ounces of cream cheese instead of adding the butter, too, which I could have done. Used almond extract..Hers called for 1 cup and 1/4 almond flour and 1 Tbs. of coconut flour. They formed into a ball very nicely and then I flattened the little guys out..and put some apricot jam in the middle..Then made a chocolate drizzle of Lily's SF chips and some butter. This one up there looks good, too..

Cleaning Brett's old room since Sarah will be in there..

Old 12-19-2016, 06:07 PM   #118
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh boy - those cookies sound divine.

Exciting to have Brett's girlfriend for Christmas!
Old 12-19-2016, 06:34 PM   #119
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Well my sister and her kids have decided not to have a funeral service. Instead they're going to have a celebration of life service. But aren't having it until the 3rd weekend in January. She told me she absolutely does not expect us to be there. So we are going to go down and spend some time with them on our way to Texas. That week after Christmas when the holiday is over and things have calmed down will probably be a pretty hard time for her, so hopefully us being there for a while will help. I feel so helpless; there's nothing anybody can do, really. I just keep thinking I should be doing something!! It's still such a shock! Unbelievable!! My heart just aches for her and what I know she's going to be going through for the next who knows how long. She's a strong woman, so she has that going for her. But it's just going to be so hard for all of them. Her kids are grown so she'll be living alone and that has to be hard after all those years together.

Food can wait!
Old 12-19-2016, 06:46 PM   #120
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Hopefully you'll feel better when you're with her.
I can't imagine what a shock it is - for you, for her, for the kids.
Just unbelievable, I'm sure.
I'm so sorry.