Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 12-05-2016, 12:41 PM   #1
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
[B]Stillman's QWL December Thread[/B]

I couldn't find a thread for December so I thought I'd start one... Forgive me if I somehow missed it?! Looks like it's been quiet here... Anyway, I've been doing poorly but realise I can drop a fair few pounds before Xmas if I take this seriously... So tomorrow will be my day 1 and I plan to go all the way up to Xmas Eve. Last night was my first night in my new apartment... I'm not completely settled but there will always be an excuse so let's get this started!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2016, 04:51 AM   #2
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StillTheOne
Thank you for the December thread Slim

It has been crazy here first it started off that I injured myself cleaning up the yard fell flat on my face , into the rose bushes near the down spot, looked like a golf ball on my right side of my lower jaw. Painfully scraped up by thorns too ouch!
Friday my mechanic/friend died on his Harley in an accident he left behind a wife and 2 small children .
Through it all I stayed on plan losing slowly but still losing .
I have a lot more decorating to do inside thank heavens outside is finished .
I am following I breathe, I'm hungry recipes till Christmas not strict Stills QWL . My egg fast is another option it never fails

I hope to find a more lively thread with good news !

Slim, good luck settling in and on your weightloss
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 05:08 AM   #3
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/142-150
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Well I'm pushing myself super hard this month with my workouts. And so far I've only gained weight since the 1st. I have been working out daily so it's disheartening. Hoping it's just water and goes away and takes a few pounds with it.
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 02:56 AM   #4
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Thank you for the December thread Slim

It has been crazy here first it started off that I injured myself cleaning up the yard fell flat on my face , into the rose bushes near the down spot, looked like a golf ball on my right side of my lower jaw. Painfully scraped up by thorns too ouch!
Friday my mechanic/friend died on his Harley in an accident he left behind a wife and 2 small children .
Through it all I stayed on plan losing slowly but still losing .
I have a lot more decorating to do inside thank heavens outside is finished .
I am following I breathe, I'm hungry recipes till Christmas not strict Stills QWL . My egg fast is another option it never fails

I hope to find a more lively thread with good news !

Slim, good luck settling in and on your weightloss
Hey there Still! Ouch, that sounds painful. So sad about your friend... There seems to be lots of stories like this just before Christmas, it's so sad. I wish the family all the strength as they will need it this Xmas. I've a few issues, though nothing in comparison. I know of "I breathe, I'm hungry". Visited the site before but can't remember much of the top of my head. Today is now my day one... I bought some ready made chilli and coconut prawns yesterday so I think have those fir lunch... Keep it interesting. Did I ever give you that link on YouTube where the guy loses a ridiculous amount of weight just eating protein? Can't remember but I'm going to find it today and watch it again for inspiration. I'm miserable and I have to change something...
Old 12-07-2016, 02:57 AM   #5
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post
Well I'm pushing myself super hard this month with my workouts. And so far I've only gained weight since the 1st. I have been working out daily so it's disheartening. Hoping it's just water and goes away and takes a few pounds with it.
Hey Kal! Surely just water?!! How frustrating! How are your clothes feeling?
Old 12-07-2016, 02:58 AM   #6
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Mim, where are you at? Hope all is well.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:05 AM   #7
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hey there Still! Ouch, that sounds painful. So sad about your friend... There seems to be lots of stories like this just before Christmas, it's so sad. I wish the family all the strength as they will need it this Xmas. I've a few issues, though nothing in comparison. I know of "I breathe, I'm hungry". Visited the site before but can't remember much of the top of my head. Today is now my day one... I bought some ready made chilli and coconut prawns yesterday so I think have those fir lunch... Keep it interesting. Did I ever give you that link on YouTube where the guy loses a ridiculous amount of weight just eating protein? Can't remember but I'm going to find it today and watch it again for inspiration. I'm miserable and I have to change something...
Slim, I have yet to see the video of the man losing weight on protein . I am always looking for inspiration on weightloss!

I bought loads of chicken wings and will be making some with a side of cauliflower mash . I had chilli yesterday and I think going forward it will be eggs and bacon , I do the best with some fats to lose .

It has been quite quiet here for sometime , I have not seen any recent posts from mim . I do check in often to keep on track .

Coconut prawns that sounds delish , I hope you enjoy them . How do you like your new home ?

Why are you miserable ? I hate when I find myself in that place . I try to keep busy sometimes it works . I may try some knitting I keep telling myself I should, it looks complicated so does macrame

I hope you feel better
And thank you for your condolences for my friend , I cannot believe he is gone

You are right about this time of the year my mother died December 30th 1999 . I was 34 when she passed and I am not a fan of Christmas however I am decorating again another year , even though my youngest son is 21 he enjoys it !
Old 12-07-2016, 10:47 AM   #8
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I bet you're gaining muscle which will make the scale not move . I am sure if you take your measurements you are getting slimmer and firmer . I wish I could get myself motivated for some exercise
Old 12-07-2016, 02:37 PM   #9
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

My chicken wings came out fantastic! I fried, then baked them crispy . I will give it a few days to see results on the scale .

I will make the cauliflower mash for tomorrow, instead I ate an avocado and I'm full
Old 12-08-2016, 05:38 AM   #10
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hey Kal! Surely just water?!! How frustrating! How are your clothes feeling?
Clothes feel the same. No difference. It is so frustrating. I have another 90 minute cardio session today. Hoping to see a loss of whatever this slight gain is plus a couple pounds. I am taking measurements on the 11th so I'll compare it to the Dec 1st measurements and I hope the tape measure shows something. December is 31 days of workouts and healthy eating so I really hope to see changes by the end of the month but right now the scale is doing the opposite of what I want and I'm only 8 days in.

Goals:
Old 12-08-2016, 06:17 AM   #11
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Just realized I'm finally running low on meats so time to restock my freezer. I typically buy in bulk so glad I noticed this morning before I went go reach in one day and there's nothing because that would be very bad haha. Think I'm going to do strict stillmans starting Saturday for a few days so by strict I mean eggs and chicken. Gonna miss the veggies from the shape up version. The 10th- 24th is 2 weeks so I'll aim for that because let's face it I know I'm not having chicken and eggs for Christmas but I will eat low calorie low carb. Might need to split my 90 minute workouts into two sessions if I cant handle the full session on just chicken and egg though. We shall see how it goes and I'm going to try to do daily updates for those 2 weeks so stay tuned.

Goals:
Old 12-08-2016, 08:37 AM   #12
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Happy Thursday!
I decided no more chicken wings , I cannot enjoy them without dip and I'm a big dipper and the scale didn't budge .

I will finish up what I have without dip prepare cauliflower mash and crock pot pork shoulder tonight .

Next move onto eggs easy simple , the less time in the kitchen the better

I hope you all enjoy your day !
Old 12-08-2016, 05:36 PM   #13
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

The pork roast came out juicy & tender and the cauliflower mash with Irish sharp cheddar was tasty . I am done following recipes from I breathe I'm hungry although it was fun trying new recipes. I enjoy it very much too much ! I want to eat more, that's what happened tonight

Eggs Fri thru Fri let's see if I can do it !

Busy day tomorrow so very much to do !
Old 12-11-2016, 02:04 AM   #14
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Hi just checking in
I am staying on plan till the 17th then I have 2 Christmas parties to go to that weekend, I might just stay off that week and then restart before new years for a bit. I hope i can make it through the holidays without a big gain . So far I am staying in the 150's that could all change with one too many snicker doodles and Christmas cheer !
Old 12-12-2016, 08:40 AM   #15
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Doing good over here. Trying to stick to it. Feeling nice. Was a bit tired yesterday so I didn't do a ton of cardio. I do have 90 minutes of cardio scheduled for tonight. Need the scale to drop. Haven't been on the scale yet. Just don't want the scale to affect my first couple days of staying a track. I'll be on the scale for Wednesday so i can see progress.

Goals:
Old 12-12-2016, 11:54 AM   #16
icandoit
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/189.8/150 Female 5’ 7'
Today is my day 1. I'm doing meats only so I should lose pretty fast. I'm sick of nothing fitting me. I don't know how I let myself gain weight ughhh. I love stimmans because it comes off fast so here's hoping I'm back in jeans soon!
icandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:11 PM   #17
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

My eggs Fri thru Fri turned into eating just bacon I know not healthy but the scale liked it too
I made eggs today no bacon lots of coffee .. I have a few dresses picked out for the Christmas parties, they are a size 10 not much has changed not tight or loose.. I will take measurements soon ..

So much to do NEED more coffee .. I know what I want from Santa let's see if I get it
Old 12-12-2016, 02:14 PM   #18
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Doing good over here. Trying to stick to it. Feeling nice. Was a bit tired yesterday so I didn't do a ton of cardio. I do have 90 minutes of cardio scheduled for tonight. Need the scale to drop. Haven't been on the scale yet. Just don't want the scale to affect my first couple days of staying a track. I'll be on the scale for Wednesday so i can see progress.
Kal - I am glad you're feeling good and staying on track , I hope the scale has a wonderful surprise for you !
Old 12-12-2016, 02:17 PM   #19
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
Today is my day 1. I'm doing meats only so I should lose pretty fast. I'm sick of nothing fitting me. I don't know how I let myself gain weight ughhh. I love stimmans because it comes off fast so here's hoping I'm back in jeans soon!
Hi I can do it , I will do it , 1 week of stillmans QWL will have you fitting into your jeans . Relax and realise in 7 days YOU will weigh less with QWL
Old 12-12-2016, 09:16 PM   #20
icandoit
Junior LCF Member

I read on Facebook I think that soon srillman's for 2 weeks at a time works better. Like 2 weeks on/1 week off then going back. They said you wouldn't gain weight fast and your metabolism wouldn't dip. What do you guys think?
Old 12-13-2016, 11:32 AM   #21
ranchogirl
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ranchogirl
Hi Everybody

My first day today since first doing this 45 years ago. I love being able to read about how you guys are all doing.

I Can Do It, that's a good question about breaking it up. It seems like a good idea, because lots of people (me included) tend to have good weight loss the first few weeks (on any diet), and then it slows way down. Maybe it's better to keep our bodies guessing? Plus mentally you need a break... unless the idea of getting back on track and back into ketosis is too hard after taking a break.

I decided I'll take a break on Christmas Eve and Christmas. Not go crazy and eat junk, but just eat normally. Then back on Stillman's when I get home.
ranchogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 07:19 PM   #22
Scarlet_Belle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Scarlet_Belle
Stats: 203/179.6/??? (5'2.5" tall)
WOE: Zero Carb
Start Date: 11/30/16
After about 2 weeks of mostly chicken breast I am down over 10 lbs.

I might need a new scale battery. I tapped on it, but it didn't want to turn on and weigh me this morning without a beating.
Scarlet_Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:34 AM   #23
ranchogirl
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ranchogirl
Great job Scarlet Belle! Kicking those pounds to the curb!

Every time I see your name, I'm reminded of my grandma, whose name was Garnet Belle. : )
ranchogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 04:55 AM   #24
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Still, my scale isn't being nice. I had a party on the 9th so I knew I'd be high on the scale on the 10th.. a whopping 196...which was a 4 pound gain.today I'm only down to 194.4. So haven't even gotten back to my pre- party weight yet. I have my Zumba cardio class tonight and measurements on Friday. Hitting the gym hard so far no reward.

Goals:
Old 12-14-2016, 05:00 AM   #25
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Good job Scarlett! Great to see progress being made. I'm only doing chicken and eggs but man you have me tempted to ditch the eggs and hope I lose. If by Saturday the scale isn't on my side and rewarding me then I think it's time to ditch the eggs. I have 4 short months before my vacation getaway and I'd love to be down 30 pounds.

Goals:
Old 12-14-2016, 10:49 AM   #26
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone!

Checking in .. And well I was seduced by a salad commercial if you know of salad works
Oh dear , I just wanted salad so very much I made a huge bowl with toppings and such and avoided the scale like the plague this morning .. It could of been worse I have a giant jar of Nutella in the cupboard I am trying not to think about, talk about temptation!
Well, I just needed to get that off my chest tis' the season and I am trying my best ..

Hugs all around all the ups and downs we all will get through this together !
Old 12-15-2016, 01:50 PM   #27
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

How's everyone doing ?
Not perfect here but I haven't touched the Nutella

I'm going with breakfast for dinner for 2 days before party number 1 .
Of course the scale was up a lil from the salad so no more salad

I am not looking at the scale after Friday . I am going to enjoy the holidays not go over board, just enjoy and save the stress before new years

3 years ago I busted buttons on a blouse I loved and ripped the lining in one of my coats trying to squeeze myself into them not this year I am wearing comfortable size smaller clothes and it definitely paid off skipping fast drive thru this year , I was doing drive thru 2x a day in the prior years

I figure I can be doing better dieting this time of the year, well sure however , I could be doing much worse . I will be back QWL I promise
Old 12-15-2016, 04:29 PM   #28
icandoit
Junior LCF Member

I'm still going strong! Day 4 is chicken and more chicken and I think I'm in ketosis because I'm not hungry anymore. I didn't step in the scale yet and I don't think I want to because my jeans buttoned up!

Everyone is doing great! Keep on going!
Old 12-15-2016, 08:35 PM   #29
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
I'm still going strong! Day 4 is chicken and more chicken and I think I'm in ketosis because I'm not hungry anymore. I didn't step in the scale yet and I don't think I want to because my jeans buttoned up!

Everyone is doing great! Keep on going!
I wasn't that hungry tonight too ! My only meal for the entire day was two poached eggs , 4 sausage links and a coffee with cream, no sugar and 2x espressos and I am full, much more so than when I ate salads .

Love ketosis enjoy the extra energy too ! Hurray to buttoned up pants wtg !!
Old 12-16-2016, 11:31 AM   #30
kal
Major LCF Poster!

TOM decided to come last night. But I was 193.4 this morning.must have miscounted weeks because I thought TOM was next week. So only at 193.4 was kinda a pleasant surprise while on TOM.

Goals: