Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-04-2017, 05:22 AM   #31
SummerBreeze63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
Deb- Hope he gets the job!! So sad to hear about the local man that died in the cold. Curry chicken sounds yummy.

Cheryl: You will have to let us know if the greens help. I have thought about buying some of the powdered greens just to get a nice boost. I eat a lot of greens usually unless I am being lazy.

I am off to work this morning and then basketball game tonight. We are in the deep chill this morning with sub zero temps. I only got in 9000 steps yesterday, but should easily hit my 10000 today between work and the game.
Have a great hump day everyone!
SummerBreeze63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2017, 06:52 AM   #32
Debbieleigh
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Debbieleigh
Game night miss V..have fun !

Well just said goodbye to my man..im off to the y for a run and rx..then off to Walmart to pick up a few things

I'm going to keep busy and do some major apartment cleaning later

whats everyone eating?

and is everyone drinking there water?
Debbieleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:31 AM   #33
CJMO
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
V we are getting the super cold too. Possibly snow tomorrow. Most of it will be north of us

Deb have fun cleaning.

I have a roast in the crock.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:10 AM   #34
Debbieleigh
Senior LCF Member

mmmmmm I can smell your roast cooking Cheryl

well I have decided because its such a beautiful day here I'm going to take a drive to Sydney and check on the sail boat

cleaning can wait
Old 01-04-2017, 12:56 PM   #35
Rbenz
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
Howdy, Gang!

CJ~How's your Fibro doing? Guess it will take a while to notice if the collagen & grn powder will help? BTW...that grn powder sounds Yucko to me! Roasts are so good in this cold weather. I roasted a tri-tip yesterday. Yes, back to this Freaking cold weather because we want to Ski!

Misty~SS you no longer have your parents too. We did Shrimp & cheese (Brie) too on NYE. & made up a batch of Olive tapenade to spread on sourdough bread. Yeah, I use those hard cover journals too. Back to Cali for Ski season.

V~Glad you're back on track. KUTGW! Burrr-cold on the sub-0 temps! Cold here too...but, not that cold!

Deb~SS about street guy Dave. RIP. Hope your Man finds out if he gets that job by the time he leaves the job site! Yummy...smoothie. Sounds way better than CJ's grn powder w/H2O! Yes, Cleaning can wait. Have a fun day.

Karen~Wow...on your parents 70th. I know it's must be hard to watch them age. They are so fortunate that they still have each other & you!

Well, things got interesting here this past Monday...had to take DH to the ER! He calmly came up to me & said, I think I need to go to the ER. What? He said, he was having some angina...some arm/neck/jaw discomfort. So, He took a Nitroglycerin/Aspirin & we both took off to the ER. A storm was blowing in & Lots of NY's Traffic leaving town! Got there OK...& the ER took him in rt. away & started EKG/blood testing/IV hookup/chest X-ray etc.. He started to feel a bit better...cuz of the Nitroglycerin? All his tests came back Neg for a cardiac event...then, he started feeling some more angina...they gave him another Nitro & re-tested him again. The 2nd tests all came out Neg. for a cardiac attack too! Whew! Sooo, after texting with his Cardiologist in Reno...He got discharged. Yay! Traffic going Home was the Pits! But, we finally got home safe & sound! All is well so far. He even went Skiing yesterday & did some snow shoveling/blowing!! He was even going to go Skiing again today but, the weather is really Sucky...worse than yesterday & ski lifts on wind hold & some road closures.
Soo, other than that...I'm trying to stay warm & my Head cold/throat is better. More Snow in the forecast...8 to 18" coming. Then a break on Fri...then, another Storm this wknd! GEEZ! Wishing I was still in Maui! Haven't even been to Yoga since we got here & don't plan on going until maybe Fri.? Think I will jump on Raul in a bit & do an upper body w/o w/wts. Laters...
Old 01-04-2017, 02:20 PM   #36
misty1028
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/117/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
V our cold spell is starting tomorrow and it looks like it's going to last for at least a week. Now that I moved I don't get much snow either. I talk to friends where I used to like and they have a lot already.

Cheryl I think I might try the greens, I been so tired lately, maybe it'll help. Let me know if it works for you. I'm sure it'll take time to start to notice.

Deb hope your man gets the job,, that'll be so nice. What did you buy good at wal mart?
I've been trying so hard to get my water in. it's funny I always drank so much water but after I got off all those pain meds I just don't want it.

Pat Wow that awful to go through, but glad DH is ok and sounds like back to normal. You can have the snow, remember how much I used to get before we moved. I don't miss it abit. My friends tell me how much there getting. I have to go lunch with then tomorrow so back up there to winter.
misty1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:31 PM   #37
Rbenz
Major LCF Poster!

Misty~Thx. It was a bit stressful. Sooo glad all his tests came out Negative! Yes, remember all the snow you used to get! Glad you got to move down from it & living where you are. Nice for a Visit & then Back Home! Have a Fun lunch.

2nd part of this winter storm 'Helena' is just starting to Dump here. Street plow just went by to pick up last nights dump. Will have to go out w/DH & do some shoveling/blowing & plow off the Birm @ the end our driveway that the street plow just left. This is NOT FUN!
Old 01-04-2017, 02:40 PM   #38
CJMO
Major LCF Poster!

Pat on DH problems. Did they figure out what his pain was? Sounds like you are getting lots of snow! Shoveling isn't much fun. We have a blower with a cab but we don't have to use it often

Misty i bet it is a relief to be away from all that snow. You're probably tired from everything you have been thru.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:17 PM   #39
Rbenz
Major LCF Poster!

CJ~What? A blower w/a Cab? I've never seen one! It's not a backhoe or a Bobcat? DH was having some Angina...but, that was it? His Cardiologist may want to do another Stress/Echo on him.

Feeling very full rt. now. Had an appetizer of olive tapenade on sum yummo crackers, then L/O Tri-tip & roasted brussel sprouts. Will be interesting to open the shades in the AM & see how much snow dumped.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:22 PM   #40
Rbenz
Major LCF Poster!

CJ~Just googled up snow blower cab. You can add a cab to your blower! Didn't know that! Thx! Will mention that to DH. Wonder if the snow sticks to it or piles up on it? Hmm...interesting.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:27 PM   #41
CJMO
Major LCF Poster!

Pat it never has with us. You do have to adjust where the blower throws the snow at first. I'm glad I helped. DH says sometimes it gets too warm in there and starts taking off his coveralls/ jacket
Old 01-04-2017, 07:18 PM   #42
iakaren
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/195/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11;Struggling now
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
V our cold spell is starting tomorrow and it looks like it's going to last for at least a week. Now that I moved I don't get much snow either. I talk to friends where I used to like and they have a lot already.

Cheryl I think I might try the greens, I been so tired lately, maybe it'll help. Let me know if it works for you. I'm sure it'll take time to start to notice.

Deb hope your man gets the job,, that'll be so nice. What did you buy good at wal mart?
I've been trying so hard to get my water in. it's funny I always drank so much water but after I got off all those pain meds I just don't want it.

Pat Wow that awful to go through, but glad DH is ok and sounds like back to normal. You can have the snow, remember how much I used to get before we moved. I don't miss it abit. My friends tell me how much there getting. I have to go lunch with then tomorrow so back up there to winter.
Cold made it to me this morning. BRRRRRR!

Stay warm, everyone!!
.. ......177.0...174.0....174.0...183.0...184.0...183 .5...185.5....192.0....197.....198.5....197.5
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:55 PM   #43
Rbenz
Major LCF Poster!

Karen~Yup...heard it was coming your way! Join the Club!

And...you all, get ready for more from us here in the West! What we're getting Slammed with this Whole Week & into Next Week will be moving Eastward!
Old 01-04-2017, 08:59 PM   #44
Rbenz
Major LCF Poster!

CJ~ Can just see your DH Stripping under that Cab! Just showed DH the cab cover for snow blowers. He said, Hmmm... Whaeva! Men!!!
Old 01-04-2017, 09:05 PM   #45
CJMO
Major LCF Poster!

Old 01-05-2017, 06:02 AM   #46
SummerBreeze63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
Pat- Good that dh tests came back okay. Thank goodness he is smart enough not to ignore symptoms as some people do. My MIL ignored symptoms for several weeks and when she finally went in she had blood clots in lungs and congestive heart failure. Very scary stuff.

Cheryl- we need to get a snow blower. But, we never think of that until we get a ton of snow. Bitter cold 14 degrees here this morning, but the worst is the wind bringing the temps down to sub zero. Just a few flurries, but more north of us.

Misty- Water intake is a big deal for me too. I really feel better when I stay hydrated, but for some reason I just don't seem to drink water unless I actively set a goal to do it.

Karen- hope you are keeping warm. Cold is here too and I am glad I can stay inside all day.

I got in 12,500 steps in yesterday. My knee is a bit sore from all the stairs, and probably the cold weather is working on it as well. I will take some Advil and work on getting in 10,000 steps today. It's harder to do when I stay home all day, but it's just too cold to get grand baby out today. It will be nice when spring is here and I can take her for walks to the park.
Not sure what I am going to cook today. I will look through the freezer and come up with a plan this morning.
SummerBreeze63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:25 AM   #47
Debbieleigh
Senior LCF Member

Stop the snow talk.....aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

actually they say we are going to have some later but this morning is beautiful so I'm off for a power walk gorge side

hope the weather holds out for my mans flight

I'm going to make hamburger soup this afternoon..made some bone and garlic broth yesturday
Old 01-05-2017, 08:32 AM   #48
CJMO
Major LCF Poster!

We have snow on the ground. had to Deb. It's just a little more than a dusting. More bitter cold tonight. I haven't even walked down to the road to check mail in a couple days. Maybe today.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:42 AM   #49
misty1028
Major LCF Poster!

Really cold today, but went to lunch and the Mall with my friend. Boy does she have energy, she wanted to shop for clearance things. We walked that Mall for 3 hours. My legs are killing me. Looks like most of us are in the cold spell for at least a week. Got stuffed peppers in the crock for tonight. Last night I may a recipe I seen on TV. Bacon wrapped chicken thighs so good. DH wants them again the is week.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:29 PM   #50
Debbieleigh
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
We have snow on the ground. had to Deb.
now stop that

as long as you keep it

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
Last night I may a recipe I seen on TV. Bacon wrapped chicken thighs so good. .
Oh wow that sounds great..im going to do that for sure Misty

what did you stuff your peppers with?
Old 01-05-2017, 11:16 PM   #51
Rbenz
Major LCF Poster!

Shoveled Snow today!
Poor DH must have shoveled & snow blowed 3 or 4 times yesterday! It was Stormy & Dumping wet heavy Stuff! Glad he was here to do it.
The Sun actually came out today!
Laters...it's Beddy time.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:04 AM   #52
CJMO
Major LCF Poster!

Pat did he wish he had a nice warm cab to blow snow ? if that didn't give him chest pain he must be doing pretty good!

Misty that sounds delicious. 3 hour mall walk shoppping makes it fun tho. Used to do that with my Mom. We do shorter ones now.

V how's the knee? We are sooooo cold here.

Karen is tax season already starting for you?

I combined my greens with my chocolate protein powder. Mucu better. I'm enjoying my week off.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:34 AM   #53
Debbieleigh
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Pat

. if that didn't give him chest pain he must be doing pretty good!

my thoughts too when I read this
Old 01-06-2017, 10:53 AM   #54
Debbieleigh
Senior LCF Member

well looks like we are taking the ferry to the main land later till sunday some time

my mans oldest son lives there..not sure if I can do the family thing yet

they have a new baby and a 3 year old so kind of home bound unless we go to chucky cheese

I may opt to have a nice walk in Stanley Park
Old 01-06-2017, 01:26 PM   #55
iakaren
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/195/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11;Struggling now
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Pat did he wish he had a nice warm cab to blow snow ? if that didn't give him chest pain he must be doing pretty good!

Misty that sounds delicious. 3 hour mall walk shoppping makes it fun tho. Used to do that with my Mom. We do shorter ones now.

V how's the knee? We are sooooo cold here.

Karen is tax season already starting for you?

I combined my greens with my chocolate protein powder. Mucu better. I'm enjoying my week off.
Thanks for asking. Up to 6 days per week already for entire crew........

And funeral today, and Mom and Dad taking more time all the time.........
.. ......177.0...174.0....174.0...183.0...184.0...183 .5...185.5....192.0....197.....198.5....197.5
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:04 PM   #56
Debbieleigh
Senior LCF Member

Nails painted..hair done..bags packed

see ya Monday
Old 01-07-2017, 01:17 PM   #57
misty1028
Major LCF Poster!

Spent yesterday with my Sis, so today was a major cleaning day but that ok it's been snowing since noon so not going out. Got a nice pot roast in the oven and it smells so good. Love comfort food on a day like this,

Deb we have a Stanley Park here too. It's so nice there and great concerts in the summer.

Pat on our news it was showing some place in the Mts of Cali had 7 feet of snow, is that close to you. That's sure a lot. Hope your snow storm has ended and no more shoveling for DH. My DH has to shovel today, his own fault I kept telling him to go back to pick up the snowblower but he keeps procrastinating.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:26 PM   #58
Debbieleigh
Senior LCF Member

Pork chops in the crock
had a great weekend
met the son..wife..nice new baby and a monster 3 year old

My guy knows Vancouver really good so we drove around sight seeing a lot
nice and relaxing

Old 01-09-2017, 10:14 AM   #59
Debbieleigh
Senior LCF Member

I slept in again this morning...not getting any younger..too many late nights

hazels today

I have chicken carcass in my big stock pot for soup and I am doing the lentil and chick pea chicken curry again tonight
Old 01-09-2017, 12:14 PM   #60
misty1028
Major LCF Poster!

Very very cold week-end so Saturday did all my cleaning and then we just relaxed on Sunday, made a nice meatloaf dinner. DS and GS came over and he left to go back to Alaska. Just landed in Washington and now a straight flight from there. Now we won't see him until probably next Thanksgiving. Going to Sis tomorrow and help here clean and redecorate her bedroom. She really doesn't get into clean much.

Deb sounds like you had a nice weekend. I hear you on little ones. Sounds like he's either spoiled or going through the terrible 3s. We're not used to little ones anymore either and DH hates the screaming part. I'm make porkchops tonight with sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli. Still trying to get my water in, doing a little better. Think I'm going to dig my infuser out and see it that works better right now.

What did everyone do this weekend?

Pat been watching the news now it seems it's going from all that snow to heavy rain and flooding. Hope it not where you are and that your ok.